Vita Thread

"Holy Shit NIS How Do You Keep Making Such Sexy Witches" Edition

WHATCHA:

And most importantly, are you still having fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/PR_Experience/with_replies
twitter.com/PR_Experience/status/744680511998590976
play-asia.com/oboro-muramasa-genroku-kaikitan-4-chapter-dlc/13/708fzb
archive.is/xPBBG
archive.is/BDHzH
fangamer.com/products/shovel-knight-for-ps-vita
twitter.com/artdink_tw/status/744773468491702273
gematsu.com/2016/06/neo-atlas-1469-announced-ps-vita
reddit.com/r/vita/comments/4okctr/accessory_that_allowing_to_play_umds_this_is_fake/d4dfexd
techraptor.net/content/meiq-labyrinth-death-refused-classification-australia
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=637520768
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/square-enix-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-SQUAREENIXSALE|platform~vita|
archive.is/GOFpv
archive.is/3tUvE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hope NISA thinks about our western sensibilities while localizing it

Last Blade 2
Virtua Tennis 4, but hunting down copies for a decent price is hard.
I really need to finish Trails of Cold Steel before the sequel drops
Got Uppers and Ys 8 pre-ordered. Ordered Odin Sphere as a birthday gift for myself.

Also still haven't decided if I should get Samurai Shodown Anthology or Metal Slug XX with my psn fun bucks because I'm an indecisive fuck

The Vita's region free user.

DT2, it's actually really fun. I don't even like DRPGs all that much, but since this one has charming characters and fun gameplay it's hard not to like it.

Root Letter, Psycho-Pass, Steins Gate 0, GalGun, Cold Steel II, SAO:HR, Exist Archive, World of Final Fantasy, Akiba's Beat, etc

Kadokawa won E3

Well, I just bought this bluetooth speaker for my Vita. It's actually pretty nice. I'd like to buy Odin Sphere and Trillion though too.

The first DRPG I've played that I can say I truly liked enough to finish. For those who know the joy of DT2 waifus, the top contender is hotly debated. Lu is life. Alicia is fine too. Grishna is best friend with benefits.

I like the child of ruin so far. There's so much funny spontaneous stuff in this game. It seems really self aware too. I wish whoever wrote this could've helped with Persona Q

Odin Sphere. This game is so good, I love all of the Vanillaware stuff.

Saturday Morning RPG, Breach and Clear, Ar Nosurge +. Trying to get the last few rare vita games I need.

Just working my way through Odin Sphere.

Thinking whether or not to really drop the money on any of my games I want.

Also, is that AZ user here? Has Ar Nosurge been bought at your store? Any idea if you have stopped by recently?

If memory serves, Gametraders was considered to have really bad prices even by Australian used vidya standards. Not sure if they've since reduced them, or if some imbeciles keep shelling out what they ask and justify their prices. I don't live there, but I would hope that things have changed since then.

Also, that copy of Secret of Mana wasn't sealed (sticker still read preowned), just that it had the box. If it was sealed, I'd expect it would see prices like I've seen locally for an unopened Super Metroid (which was $400 at one of the better stores in town).

Yeah, I'm here. Went there recently and it wasn't in the case anymore after a month or so. No idea if it sold or they shipped it off to another store to see if they could find a buyer at another location (they've got a total of eight locations here and in Nevada, and are adding a ninth soon), considering it had just been sitting in there for $90. I'll still keep an eye out for another copy and mention I see it anywhere else though.

How different, mechanics-wise, are Last Blade 2 and Samurai Shodown?
I'll probably end up picking up both of them, but aside from the fact that they both look nice, I don't know anything about them.

It depends on which Samurai Shodown you are comparing to the Last Blade 2. They're both pretty different mechanic wise, but overall LB2 is easier to get into imo

Ah, thanks man! Still really would have had no way to pick it up even if it was still there.
Granted, Ive now just looked on ebay and seems a bunch have gone up for sale at the $180 mark. Which is still about a hundred more than what youve seen it. But annoys me a lot since these sellers have multiple copies of it. Which makes me feel like they bought a ton of stock to resell later, and I really dont want to give money to those people.

Today was 120 degrees outside, be glad you're not out here right now.

Yeah, I wouldn't either.

I'd recommend maybe checking if you guys have a Bookmans out your way (since they're another multimedia place that might get one in), but apparently they're another chain specific to the southwest. And unlike Zia, you can't order online from them anyhow.

Really though, I'd say there's three big options for trying to get a copy without paying out the ass:
Just some thoughts.

I started Danganronpa on Friday and finished it today.

Not sure what's next. Don't want to start anything big with ZTD so close

The fuck are you talking about? Korean would be a localization just like English would be.

chinese japanese whatever

Did you rush through it or were you playing like over 10 hours a day?
I wish I knew if we were getting a port of the first game, because I'd like to play ZTD soon so I don't get spoiled on it, but I haven't played any of them. I own a DS so I could buy it for that instead, but I'd rather have all three games on my Vita if possible.

Where's the cheapest place to get a 64 gig memory card as a Britbong? Fucking Sony jews, the price tears my anus open.

SuperUFO has always been the cheapest place to get a 64gb card. not sure if that changed, but probably not.

Yeah, it isnt so much an issue dropping a bit of money for it. More that I really dont want to fund resellers. If I came across another collector selling their copy I would totally buy it from them. I have a couple events I go to and some stores I check out a lot. Do need to plan some road trips to further stores in my state and should look into the multimedia places around here. That is a good idea.

As a heads up, it took me some time to discover which multimedia places around here can be good and which really aren't. Zia and Bookmans, for example, certainly cater to fedoraed hispters with too much money in their wallets, but every so often they screw up on something and mark it a good bit below average, which makes checking back at them good, even if I only find something good every few months. Meanwhile, places like FYE I've had no luck with. Just trying to say that it might take a few trips to see whether anywhere local is that good.

I suppose at the very least your state might be smaller than mine. Can't really justify taking a road trip outside of the general area around the capital (we have a number of towns branching off of it in close proximity) to look for games, as the other big towns are hours away. At least I know some good options for checking for stuff locally though.

I hear you there. As far as games I have to get preowned, I much prefer looking locally than online since I can sometimes find a much better deal locally. And doing so not only loses a potential reseller a customer, but any resellers making the rounds miss out on something they'd like to profit off of.

999 doesn't cost that much these days. I think it might have seen a reprint (albeit one with a different cover art).

Nothing right now. I'm trying to figure out if I should start Akiba's Trip or finish something from Genesis/Saturn collection.
Super Robot Wars V and Gundam Breaker 3
Platnium'd Shinovi Versus
Estival Versus

I probably played about 8 hours each day. Maybe 10 on Saturday.

As for 999, I would be highly surprised if it got ported. I would just get it on DS if you like this sort of game.

I actually played VLR on 3DS in order to have 2 screens during puzzle sections, but I think I'll get ZTD on Vita after seeing the 3DS video.

Uchikoshi said "looks like a Steam ship" with a 999 video then later said "I should say looks like a Vital Steam ship" or some shit like that, heavily hinting that it was coming. I'm just worried it will be digital only and cost more.

Well that was easy to find.

Experience did a QA on Twitter. If anyone feels like digging through the answers here's a link.

twitter.com/PR_Experience/with_replies

Sorry, here's a better way. i'm not very accustomed to twitter.
twitter.com/PR_Experience/status/744680511998590976

operation babel?

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Came with the console along with Rayman Origins. Just as good as I remember it on Steam
I found a used game shop selling Leifdrasir with the art book. I'm also looking at other Vanillaware titles like Dragon's Crown and Muramasa.CFW NEVER EVER
I wanna see if I can A-Class the entire World Tour. S-Class scares me
If nothing else, I'm getting that Odin Sphere before I head back to America.

It's an Operation Abyss sequel. I don't think it did nearly as well as Demon Gaze, so I'm not sure if it's wise to expect it.

Odin Sphere,just finished Mercedes and reached Oswald's tome. Mercedes is both a qt and fun to play

More time to play, always

nothing yet but I,m getting across Odin's Sphere really nicely

Nothing for now

I hope you don't mean buying the PAL version. I mean, I haven't heard anything myself yet on if they fucked with it, but it was both published and localized by NISA out there, while in the US Atlus handled it.

Grorious Nippon

best girl

And as usual I forget to reply to my own OP

Nothing right now, both Caligula and Refrain come out in three days, and the latter especially looks all-consuming enough that I'm loathe to start anything else right now. I might go back to grinding Omega Labyrinth to try and beat the bonus dungeons, or if people are interested to flesh out the guide I wrote up for it before I guess?

Caligula and Refrain on Thursday, Ys 8 next month, 7 Pirates in August, Demon Gaze 2 in October, SRW V whenever it deigns to release.

How many floors are there in the Giant Tree holy shit. It just keeps going.

Are you in post-game? If yes, welcome to hell

No, still grinding levels before going deeper into the Library Depths. I cleared the first boss in the Depths and finally beat the floor 10 boss in the Tree, but now I'm basically doing a lever hunt across three floors and ugh.

Can someone confirm this version of the game has all the DLCs inside the cartridge ? (no DLC code)

play-asia.com/oboro-muramasa-genroku-kaikitan-4-chapter-dlc/13/708fzb

Or you could buy the US version for 30$ and then buy the 15$dlc

PSN is out of question

Because of the risk of your credit card being stolen? Or some other reason.

Anyway, I cant confirm which it is, but try asking play asia on twitter. They actually do respond fairly quickly there. And do answer support stuff.

It says "Product Code" on the sticker, so I'm assuming DLC

If it costs the same amount, why would you get the US version instead of the original?

Actually, it is more cheaper (to me) buying the US ver.+DLC. Also japanese it is not my first language (neither english)

First of all, wont cost the same but assuming it does.
Yes, you can still play it if you dont speak moon, but the translation was really good imo. No reason to dislike something soley because it isnt japanese text. But there is also the potential issues with different region PSN accounts and such. Assuming it is a DLC code then youll need a japanese psn to play it. I have personally had issues with this since I dont want to reformat my vita each time to play games across different accounts. Im also a trophyfag so I hate that my trophies would be spread across multiple psn accounts as opposed to all showing up under my single ID.

It's less a matter of it being Japanese vs. English and more a matter of it being the original text vs. what someone else wrote over it. I wouldn't play the handful of worthwhile American games that still get made in Japanese, for instance though I might still buy the physical version of Shantae 3DS for the sake of owning a physical version While obviously not as severe since gameplay > plot, on a matter of principle to me reading something with someone else's translation is like watching a Let's Play instead of actually playing the game.

P4G as soon as I get a PS3 controller.
Odin Sphere, Sorcery Saga, and Estival Versus. a god damn vita
Wonderful 101
Snagged P4G for $17.95, and received a free PSTV with it. Pretty good deal except for the lack of a controller concurrently.

God of War Collection, SAO Lost Song

DangitRonPaul Ultra Despair Girls, Zero Time Dilemma, GalGun, Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero, the SAO light novels

God of War 1 I suppose. I'm not that far yet

Nothing. I picked up God of War Collection for $10 while I was on vacation though

> fun?
Yup! I'd never played the original GoW games before, I'm rather enjoying it.

As in, all of it? Or just the first game? You should really play Goodbye Despair when you can. It's even better than the first one Mikan is best girl

Interesting bit about God Eater 2/GE Resurrection's release:

source: archive.is/xPBBG

Just to be clear, the aforementioned boob grope scene was in Resurrection. From my understanding, there's been no changes to God Eater 2 Rage Burst. Please correct me if I'm wrong, however.

So we get toned down gore but added boobs. Seems like a fair trade off.

Technically speaking, the gore was already toned down in God Eater Burst's original Western release, so we aren't really losing anything additional that we hadn't already lost, we're just getting something back. And there is still some blood, just not as much splattering the screen when you use your God Eater is all.

Ahhh, makes sense. I can understand and respect that. For me I do enjoy the plot and story enough that it does annoy me if I cant understand the language. But more importantly I dont like not being able to read the instructions and tutorials since it is a real pain to sit down with a translated guide or something to understand how to play. yes muramasa itself isnt that bad, But I imported Sayonara Umihara Kawase and I am insanely lost right now since I cant read the tutorials for even the basics in that. yes, look them up online, but just more of a hassle

Isnt this also digital only for NA? I had been excited about the game too.

Yeah. And it comes with Resurrection, which is also digital of course. PS4 gets a physical release of GE2RB though, with digital Resurrection.

I require more information.

read the archive link

Understandably, things like SRW lose half the appeal if you're not able to read them, so learning Japanese is definitely a priority if vidya is at all a hobby for you.

I'm not seeing the difference here to be honest - whether you're reading an instruction manual directly or someone's guide, I don't see a meaningful difference here. Is there something I'm missing?

GE2 isn't censored? Thank fuck, I loved the first one (or Burst,I should say). Played it the whole way through with a friend of mine. We'd be devastated if we couldn't buy the sequel on principle.

Just shot myself in the wallet and shelled out to the Sony Jew for a memory card. Fucking tired of spending ages tossing my games between my machine and my PC, deleting and redownloading. Gonna have all my games at once, with hopefully lots of space for more. Maybe I'll start buying my turboweeb games physical once I move out

Is there anything that can use that mystery port that appears on the Vita model 1s? All I've seen for it was a report on it about its possible use as a video out port

archive.is/BDHzH

As far as I know it was an expansion port, but the only thing that it was even close to getting used for was as you say, video output.
As it stands now though, it will most likely remain permanently unused.

Nope. No use for it. That article was right on the money. The port was probably intended to be used with a cable for TV output, but Sony opted to force consumers to buy a whole new system if they wanted to do that.
Still, that article is a bit retarded. "90% of current Vita games do not work because of Sony’s ‘whitelist’." 90%? Really? That was a seriously stupid thing of them to say even at the time the article was written seeing as how Gravity Rush and PSO2 are the only games worth playing on a Vita that don't work on a Vita TV. Reminds me of how everyone and their cousin were saying Shinovi Versus wasn't compatible with Vita TV when it was one of the games on Sony's compatibility list they released when they announced the Vita TV.

One Piece Burning Blood, it's basically Xenoverse, but without all the flying or the MMO style lobbies.

Summon Nights 6, the new SRW game for vita, and Soldner x2

Gal Gun, Octodad and One piece burning blood.

Which you don't have to do anymore because bamco is starting to translate the SRW games in english and release them where copyright trolls can't get to them.

Freedom Wars/Souls Sacrifice Delta

Gundam Breaker 3 (price is too expensive for such bare bone game)

none, fucking backlog

pic related

fuck, forgot pic

But are the translations at all reliable? At least if they were crabstick tier that'd be worth seeing for the lulz, but more likely than not they'll just be boringly wrong. Besides, for the proper SRWs, most of the base material requires you to know Japanese, and for OG, the previous titles they're based on also still require Japanese.

I never played a God Eater game before, so getting the bundle with resurrection sounds like a good idea.

I managed to find a cartridge or Muramasa Rebirth, and god damn this translation is amazing compared to what was given on the Wii, which feels like a machine translation to me now.

I preordered the one with a watch a year ago and told myself a year was enough to catch up with the other two games.

It wasn't

What did it say about the monk on wii? I heard there's no jump button in that version so that alone would be annoying.

This reeks of liberties being taken with the dialogue

Any good retailers that I can look at to get a PSV with old firmware/CFW?

Craigslist empty as shit along with everything else

Been playing it recently myself and showing it to a friend of mine. Never did play the one on the Wii, but I'm a bit curious as to how some of those scenes were translated there, though I've heard overall Ignition really botched it.

Also, question for any moonspeakers here that have played it; my friend brought up a question about the language used. Not so much as a complaint or anything, but he was curious as to whether the Japanese text/audio uses their terminology for stuff like "degenerate" quite as often as the English one, or if the English Vita version just latched onto that term (and not just in Momohime's route; Kisuke's also seems to have it a few times). Got me wondering too.

I don't remember the exact words, but those conversation examples on the Wii version were more formal. you didn't really feel the hatred between Jinkuro and Rankai, either. It was more like he was a minor nuisance instead of a guy actively trying to get in your way. I'll take comparison screenshots at a later time when I find out how on the Wii, if need be. these captures from a longplay video should suffice. for now.

Also, the jumping in the Wii version is simply moving up on the nunchuk joystick. Vita version is worse by default as the jump it bound to x as the default controls, which conflicts with the interact button, have fun with the mild annoyance of jumping after ending dialogue or trying to pick up an item. Thankfully it can be rebound in settings.

Longplay link ate the images. these are the Wii versions of the sences shown in

Eh, I'll deal with whatever to avoid gimmick controls.

For your future reference, either you get an embed or file uploads (or oekaki) but not all.

That part is kind of annoying, but I still just like having a normal button. A lot of NES games used to have up as jump, so you'd think I'd be used to it, but I only like it for actual fighting games where I'm focusing on one opponent.

This sounds like it might be fuckery on the part of a foreign localizer, since interact buttons are usually O instead of X.

Am I the only one platinum mad that the Vita has basically been abandoned by Sony because of their own incompetence? I turned it on for the first time in weeks, maybe longer, and there wasn't a single firmware update or anything.
Absolutely no Vita games during the E3 conferences. Someone has fucked up.

Anons, need some suggestions.
I want to buy some stuff from the E3 Sale before it finishes tomorrow morning. I'm interested in:

me too

By the way, I don't want to buy Trails of Cold Steel because I would rather buy it physical

If it makes you feel better, for all Sony's posturing that the PS4 is the future and the Vita is dead, the Vita's the one getting tons of games while the PS4 is still just coasting by on PS3 and Vita ports.

I could not contain my white hot sun rage when the sequel to Gravity Rush mysteriously dropped off the radar for a few years and then emerged as a Pissfour exclusive
Fuck that, and fuck them

The only thing I'm mad about is that Sony stopped making HD collections for the Vita. The Sly Cooper and Metal Gear Solid collections are nice, but a Devil May Cry collection would've been awesome.

Just FYI, if you're after the SAO LNs just to read them, they're on Mangapanda.

Do you want to break your Vita? the thumbsticks are sturdy, but I don't think they can handle Cuhrazy.

If anything I can't stand Sony firmware updates. Then come way too often and they don't fix anything. PS3 updates eventually turned the store into a lagfest. Vita has been updated a fuckton of times and both the memory card management and store are pure shit.

I would've loved to find out if the Vita could handle Cuhrayzee

Yeah, XSeed's translations have always been meh at best with lots of needless liberties taken. A better editor than XSeed's would have trimmed down the word count and changed modern jargon like muff diver to something that sounds more natural in a game that takes place in mythological Japan. Good fucking luck discussing that in a civilized manner on Holla Forums, though. XSeed's highly commendable corporate stance against censorship has gained them a fan base that's just as rabid as Working Designs had back in their day, so any criticism of XSeed's translations gets you 90 retards calling you an SJW, anti-XSeed shill.

See, that's a tricky situation then, because while I do think voting with your dollars is important and that companies that take stances that are pro-consumer should be supported, at the same time I've never seen any good localizations, and feel that as consumers we ought to be just letting the entire Western industry die and getting the raw games we deserve.

I agree. Xseed isn't NISA-tier but they aren't far off. They get a free pass for "no censorship" but they actually do censor their games. It's minor shit like removing ages and shit like that, but it's still censorship.
Their script for Akiba's Trip is fucking cringy trash, and few call them out on it. Senran Kagura isn't much better, but anyone playing that for the story should be hung. SK games go to shit the instant they start taking themselves seriously in the last couple chapters.

I would not call myself an Xseed fanboy as describes by any stretch of the imagination, but you're a massive cunt.

Xseed has got their problems, but to even dare imply they are anything approaching NISA levels is a heinous insult. You should feel bad for even saying that one.

I don't feel bad at all, brosteroni. Take a chill pill, brotinator.

No, still censorship. And it's something burgers actually like so I don't fucking know why they did it.

Because Clapistanis have ridiculous guilt complexes about liking what they like, which is why they always have to pray for forgiveness and check their privileges and all that shit

Xseed is already botching the translation for Fate/Extella with servant slammer and calling Altera, Artoria.

Stop confusing us with the UK and Sweeden.

No, no, no. That's how we treat sex.
We love our mother fucking violence and downright glorify it at times. This seems to be some role reversal with Nippon just to sell a bundle.
I guess I can't really complain that much since it's not an obvious lie like NISA would do, but it still fucking sucks.

Trying to clear Freedom Wars but the grind is getting to me.

An adventure game with fluffy fantasy settings and fun.

I ran a few runs of The Binding of Issac yesterday, if that counts.

Nothing, since I need to finish by backlog before buying more games that will be on my backlog.

Namco has this retarded mentality that a T rated game will sell more than an M rated game, even though that's not even close to reality. They wanted a consistent T rating for the bundle, so they took out the blood. They did the same thing to Xenosaga III, with hilarious results in a couple scenes.
Fine by me, they saved me a few bucks this month.

Yeah, there seems to be a difference in tone comparing those with . I'd be curious to know if the Japanese for the lines in the first images with Jinkuro speaking to the Kitsune had the same length in both versions. Bit odd seeing the Wii version apparently just have one line while the Vita version uses two and has a lot more text for it, though I suppose maybe hitting the proceed button would drop it into a line with the question being raised as to what the hell a holy man's doing on brothel street. Might have to give the longplay of the Wii version a watch and see how it's really handled there, whether the rest of the line's still there.

I find it ridiculous that they've never seemed to at least own up to it. I mean, if they had acknowledged 'Yeah, might have screwed up in how we've handled this out in the west, so now we're going to be doing our best to remedy things" it would be something, but instead they seem content to just let it die off, at least as far as first party support goes.

Say what you will about Nintendo these days, but they at least got the 3DS out of the hole they'd dug for it initially, via price drops and the ambassador stuff for early adopters. Too bad they've still been insistent on region locking and having purchases saved to hardware instead of an account, which Sony's at least been better about since the PS3 and PSP.

Annoys me a bit that, as far as JRPG PS2 collections go, all the Vita's seen has been FFX and X-II (Odin Sphere Leifthrasir as well I suppose, if you count that). Strikes me that it would have been a good place to port stuff like the PS2 Tales games that didn't see existing PSP ports (such as Abyss and Destiny DC), as well as giving other classic, but perhaps not as popular series with PS2 entries, like Wild Arms, Shadow Hearts, and Suikoden another chance here. That said, even the PS3's been pretty lacking with "HD" JRPG collections, and as far as those collections go in general, it seems to have mainly been games/series that were popular already that got the rerelease treatment, rather than ones that use other chance in the limelight.

Not sure why you started mentioning XSEED when they've had nothing to do with Muramasa (which had the original Wii translation done by Ignition, and the Vita version done by Aksys). Just saying.

I still don't get how they haven't fixed the store being so sluggish at this point.

Did Namco actually make that call, or did 8-4 considering they had the latter do the localization work for them? Just wondering who had the authority/audacity for that call.

Eh, you're all countries that don't make games anymore, it's hard to tell you all apart

You guys are pretty bipolar about it honestly, considering the cuts shit like Dragonball and Yugiou got in the West.

I bought my Vita last week from my brother, and I'm enjoying it quite a lot, already building a little collection. It's the ultimate comfy console.

I'm kinda interested in buying Tearaway, since I have 8 dollars left to buy it. Is it worth the money?

Blame 4Kids, or whatever commercial entity decided that all cartoons must be sanitized for the poor sensitive little children.

4Kids doesn't count. Literally everyone hated them.

Namco made the call for cuts to get a T rating, 8-4 was in charge of butchering the script. But to be fair Xenosaga is a mess of techno-religious chuunishit, and I'm saying this as someone that loves the franchise. 8-4 got much worse a few years down the road.

Reminder that James' voice actor shat on them in Pokemon.

There's a strong attitude in business culture of not owning up to failures, and instead trying to spin it in your own favor as much as possible. Besides, Sony's first party has always meant fuck all to the success of their systems.

Are they not a Western company? And I'm sure they're not the sole source of this kind of localization, they weren't in charge of Dragon Ball for instance.

Mah nigga, you came to the right place. Go check out the Atelier games. I'd strongly encourage starting with Atelier Ayesha+. It's very comfy, and from what I've been able to discern, is arguably the best entry point for modern Atelier. I've her the Rorona trilogy games can be a bit crueler on the time limits and such. Escha + Logy is the sequel to Ayesha, and the sequel to Escha + Logy is Atelier Shallie, which I think we get later this year. So now is a great time to start in on the Dusk trilogy. It should be noted that Ayesha+ is digital-only in NA/EU on Vita, and Escha+Logy had a very limited physical release, but also is available digitally.

Did you sage or put in an actual email, cause I see some email protection thing when I mouseover it instead of a mailto:sage.

Time period seemed to be awful for translations in general. And even then it was mostly anything to do with sexual themes or nudity. Things like Naruto were still pretty bloody.
How often do we get this in anime these days? I'd hope it's stopped altogether.

What? I just saged like usual.

The thing is I'm not seeing there being ANY good time periods for translations as a whole. Maybe they're relatively better or worse, but I'm still not seeing any translations I could feel comfortable recommending to Japanese illiterate people.

Dragonball had blood and - somehow - death censored out of the US version, and a friend told me that apparently the "chainsaws to cut off your legs if you lose the card game" fight in Yugiou got recolored so that they became energy beams that teleported you to another dimension.

It will never stop. Ever.

this fucking game

I still remember hearing about that.

I suppose it's nice that the anime is no longer handled by 4kids, though whoever handles the dub now (TPCi, I think?) has Meowth spouting off an occasional "Oy vey!" when he gets really annoyed, which I highly doubt the Japanese audio has, or uses an equivalent of. Admittedly the idea of the cat with a coin on it's head being a jew is funny, but still not an excuse for them to have done so, especially since kids aren't going to get it. Also, still some episodes being left overseas for no apparent reason.

I'd rather a company admit when they fucked up and (provided they're still in business) opt to work more closely with the consumers of it to compromise and make the system better for everyone. I mean, I'm sure that at this point, Sony's seen a good amount of justifiable bitching about stuff like memory card prices (which have likely kept some people that would otherwise get the system from doing so), but apparently they haven't been real inclined to do much about rectifying that.

4kids had a number of series they handled in the west, but there were also other companies around too. But 4kids was the one that got a well deserved reputation for being really bad in regards to censorship and stupid changes.

There's still the occasional fuck ups, and not just in regards to voicing (not particularly wanting to get into a dub vs sub argument here, but that seems to be a major complaint as far as shows that outright come west go), but also the English scripting. Such as someone at Funimation throwing a dig at gamergate into the English script for Prison School.

Also, in regards to cutting out blood and stuff from anime goes, I'm pretty sure it also happens in the Japanese versions every so often as well. I remember there being some notable differences in some shows like Bleach as they went on, with characters clearly vomiting up blood from particularly bad injuries during the earlier seasons, to it being replaced more with spit or stomach acid or some other more or less clear liquid, and that wasn't just in the English versions.

English Yu-gi-oh was certainly fond of being sent to "the Shadow Realm" in place of deaths, but I'd be curious as to if that particular incident was from season 0 or some other part of the series.

Pic related is what I see when I mouseover the email field on your post, where I used to see mailto:sage. Is it just me? continuing to sage because way off topic

Dragonball was baby's first annie-may, and Yu-Gi-Oh was published by 4Kids. I'm not surprised by these examples or anime published in the west by either of the publishers in charge of them.
Well I can dream, I can dream, that we'll see a brighter day.
Never ever

Nigger these people don't think like Holla Forums I hear normalfags saying "oy vey" all the time. No, they're not jews either.
Not just shit now, gotta push that agenda. I'm so stupid for not clarifying this. Of course localization is all still shit, of course things are still being butchered. I was thinking Sub only, and even then it can still happen.

No clue man, let me try it again and see if it happens.

So would most consumers. In business culture though, that's a sign of weakness and likely to cause you to get devoured by your fellows.

No idea what "Season 0" is but the scene in question was during the second major Magic and Wizards tournament when they introduced Malik and the Ghouls, against a magician named Pandora who used a Black Magician themed deck.

The point being that it's still indicative of the West's bizarre bipolar attitude towards violence, especially considering both series in question are fully aimed at children over here.

15, and those last few floors are painful as hell. There are anti-magic traps that will quickly wipe you. Four trick door sets: first two demand a party of four (dark zone) or a witch (anti-magic zone), second set demand a Papillion or a Mistress. Better have a good tank damage dealer, and non-magic healer on hand. Pic very related.

And that's not mentioning there are TWO superbosses on the 15th floor you have no hope of beating until you're level 70. Fortunately, they're both behind a key you can only get in a rank 13 quest (iirc). The first boss is a physical beast. The second boss isactually one of the 4 Therian Devas, so don't even think about it until you have access to Lv 75 equipment or so and have a really good team you're comfy with.

Take a guess at what my next goal is in this game.

DT2 as always. Gotten to a bit of a plateau where there's nothing to look forward to but grinding, as any five-woman team I put together either instantly wipes, or are outright unstoppable, even with the non-goddess bosses. Crowning is still a slow process since I don't have optimal equipment to make the situation easier. Learned about the Devas, so that's my next real target.

Blanc & Nep vs Zombies
Odin's Sphere
Gal*Gun (goddamnit I wish they'd have released a demo)
Gal*Gun Double Peace (talked myself out of the collector's edition. I don't see the sense since I don't make the most of said collections)
More dungeon crawlers, except I won't give NISA one red cent after all they've done.

Nep U apparently

A 2000 slim model Vita as I pointed out last thread. Contemplating a second PSTV, but having a hell of a time justifying its existence, unless I want to tie it to a Singapore/HK account.
Blanc & Nep next check
A 32 gig card when I get the chance. Most my JPN games are physical, so I don't need the space like I do with western Vita purchases.

Fair enough, I suppose maybe I don't get out much to notice if that's become a regular thing. Still not exactly a quip a kid is liable to find funny unless they already know about the happy merchant (similar to how some of the quips James' English voice actor used to do become a lot more hilarious when you're older).

Season 0 is (I forget if it's now the official name or just a fan nickname that stuck) the anime adaptation of the pre-Duel Monsters chapters o the manga, where Yami or whatever you want to call him would get especially brutal with the punishments for losing his games. One chapter of that manga for that section had his opponent getting lit on fire, and another had the opponent stabbed through the hand with a knife. I don't think they ever brought that season to the west, or if they did, it wouldn't surprise me if they had to change a lot of it.

Oh, I guess that would have been season two or three.

Oh, the first adaptation, done by Toei? Yeah, no, the chapter in question was after the point that the series became devoted to Magic and Wizards, so I doubt it would've been in that one.

Haven't really watched the anime adaptations, but in the manga it basically went "general game-centric stories, Pegasus' M&W tournament, Kaiba's M&W tournament, then the Dark RPG to play out the ancient Egypt story."

If you don't mind me asking some more DT2 questions:
Regarding item levels and upgrading - when is it a good idea to use uniques? Is there any way to approximate what their item level is, and when should I stick with a unique over something enchantable?
Similar to that, some of my high level characters are still in gear that's around +15EX, since I got some good buff combinations on those items. Should I just swap out the gear for something with higher item levels and just keep rerolling enchants until I get a decent buff setup? Is it even worth enchanting items below +40ish?
Besides that one grand sealbook that buffs shop encounter rates, is there any way to enchant at will?
Are there any easyish methods for catching up underlevelled characters, or is it basically just grind in the Tree?

No. I've had that same bullshit for a week or more now. At this point though, I just assume the site is going to be broken in any imaginable way, sometimes.

When there are no immediate alternative, superior builds you can make on your own. They carry pretty well during the main plot since you're stiffled to 2 attribute slots for custom due to the love weapon levels, but uniques will quickly get outpaced in the postgame. Don't feel you have to be married to them if you can make a better piece with better base stats and attributes that help your characters.

Uniques don't have item levels. The weapon level is at the end of the name (ex: Highly Honored Leather Shield 50LX)

You can keep the buffs in your attribute slots. It's a pain in the ass, but just keep rejecting the sheep when it doesn't give you the combo set you want. All four slots are fully-custom capable. The exceptions I think are as follows:

- Can't add null buffs (null freeze, null sleep, null instantdeath, etc) on custom equips. Be sure not to get rid of them if you're using them.
- Negative times negative equals positive, but the result knocks out a slot so be careful. Say you have DEF Down and Speed Up on equipment and you want to use a sealbook with DEF Down to turn that attribute to DEF Up. It'll do that, but DEF Up will be the only attribute present. Be sure to always take those actions first when smithing so you don't erase valuable attributes.
- Anything that says Grand or Mega can be kept, but not added to attributes on the weapon.
- Anything that causes status afflictions (freeze/stun/sleep/etc) can be kept, but not added to attributes on the weapon.
- UNIQUE Attributes (marked with a crown) are usually on unique weapons, so don't worry about them popping up at random.

Yes. Yes it is. Base stats can make all the difference between an aggravating fight and a clean one. DEF and ATK really matter in this game, exception being stacking ridic values onto a class or weapon not meant to doll out that kind of damage (high phy atk mage is very silly. POSSIBLE, but silly).

None aside of the Othrus Sealbook that I've discovered just yet. You have to hunt for the smith sheep in each dungeon floor. Pain in the ass, but the encounter rate is actually pretty high without the help of the sealbook, exception being when you're exploring a new floor (to my experience—your mileage may vary, here)

Get a good support (healing or crowd control), and "carry" the target to the appropriate level. The Tree's 1st floor is the optimal spot for a host of reasons:

- Good Sealbook/item => money grind
- The enemies there don't have insta-wipe attacks or 2-3 combo shots that can wipe your party. That's the primary reason for it being a good grinding spot.
- There are 7 "guaranteed" fight spots on the first floor, so you can actually make good time w/o fretting over random encounters.
- On top of that, the map is actually tiny, so emergencies where you need to beeline to the exit are an option

I'd recommend your party tank as the carrier since they'll need to be beefy, too, and the EXP stacks nice with parties of two. Magic Princess and Papillion both have crowd control attacks, and Sniper/Archers to a lesser extent (speed's usually the issue with them, I've found).

holy shit, someone here feels my pain.

Why the hell is the European Version handled by Nippon Ichi Software AMERICA

Because Atlus still doesn't have a native PAL branch, while NISA is willing to handle European distribution (and in times like this, localization itself) despite being a US branch of NIS; they've handled PAL distribution for Atlus for a while too if memory serves, though Sega and Atlus are finally cutting them out after Odin Sphere.

Again, I haven't heard much yet on if NISA fucked up Odin Sphere for PAL customers, but anytime they're actually touching the translation and/or code for a game, it's good to be wary.

I don't get why Sega can't do it

Visual novels aren't games either.

I have a broken vita and I don't know what to do with it. I replaced it a week after my original one was broken. the screen is broken as you can see, does anyone buy broken consoles to repair or does anyone here know how to repair it and want it?

replacement screens are $30 on aliexrpress

So you're telling me that weeaboos will bitch and complain about any dub or translation because it's not MUH GLORIOUS NIPPON? Color me fucking shocked.

That's the version they made before, well hell, before they even had an in house cast, they outsourced everything to canada and the company that makes fucking power rangers, and it aired on shit like UPN and Kids WB.

Back in the past, Atlus wasn't owned by Sega, or whatever their relationship these days is. I think Ghostlight used to handle bringing their games to PAL areas or something (provided they even got them; far as I know they never got certain games like Raidou 2 out there) back before NISA started to do so. I think Sega couldn't do anything yet about possibly handling localization themselves due to an already standing agreement Atlus had with NISA. But apparently that's changed since NISA isn't going to be handling Atlus' stuff out there anymore. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir being the final game they'd had an agreement on.

Agreed - regardless of whether they're called "Persona 3" or "Gone Home," visual novels aren't games.

It goes in reverse too - I've yet to see any translations from English into Japanese I would recommend to English illiterates. Translation isn't easy.

And? The point still stands, the culture is bipolar as shit.

I was thinking, with OS coming to PS4, is it possible that Muramasa will get an upgrade and come to PS4 as well?

Furthermore, after the improvements to OS, is there even any point to Muramasa anymore?

Does the combat feel good compared to OSL?
I heard the combat has many, many problems and feels floaty because it was originally made for the Wii and it's shit cancer controls.

Also i heard a specific user complain about an aspect of the game combat that didn't work well when using a normal controller late into the game, but i forgot the details, i just remember it pissed him off so much he dropped the game because of that, i wish i could remember what it was.

So america and canada and the company run by israelis are all a part of the same culture now, got it.
Fair enough.

If it gets a PS4 port, it'll likely just be a cheap port with no real work put in, since PS4 is pretty much a red zone at this point.

Speaking of translating from English to Japanese, from what it seems like, 8-4 also does that. I'd be curious to know if they shit the bed with localizations for Japanese players in the same way they do for English ones at times.

What do you mean with red zone?
PS4 just got Odin, Valkyria Chronicles, Gravity Falls (not to mention it's sequel being PS4 exclusive), all great ports.
I mean it's selling like shit in japan but that's simply because -all- home consoles are selling like shit in japan, period, if i'm not mistaken it's still the best selling home console there regardless.

Whoops, i meant the other one with no incest, Gravity Rush.

Can't speak from personal experience, I don't play localizations going either way - the handful of Western games I do or plan to play I'd play in English.

Odin Sphere was also on PS3 and Vita, Valkyria Chronicles is just a port of a PS3 game, and Gravity Daze is just a port of a Vita game. The sequel being PS4 exclusive is a thing obviously, but then, GD is a Sony first party, so that's not surprising with the narrative they're trying to push. For third parties, releasing something as a PS4 exclusive is basically a guaranteed flop, which is why other than Disgaea 5 the library is all ports from the PS3 or the Vita.

I believe the Wii U is still outdoing it, but it's either way a practically insignificant portion of the market, which is completely dominated by the 3DS and the Vita.

I really wouldn't call it "just a port" at all.
The amount of work they put into it is pretty insane, i don't think many people truly appreciate the amount of effort Bluepoint used for the PS4 version.
Not to mention the controls finally not being shit anymore.

Fair enough, not familiar with the game, so can't speak on details. That said, it's still a Sony first party, so it's more likely to be used as a sacrificial lamb to their mad delusion of the PS4's viability than a third party game.

it looks hilarious and it's hard to imagine who will buy it

Yup, kills me that I probably wont be able to use download codes for junk when I import games. God Eater 2 is super annoying since it comes with a dlc code for the first but I wont be able to actually download it onto my card and use it on my NA account. Makes me not want to get the game.

I'll use Sayonara Umihara for an example. In each level there are little signposts that give you hints, tips, controls, etc. I could look up a guide listing all the controls sure, but I wont find anything or havent looked hard enough for a guide listing all the tips from the signposts in order by level. The only way to do that would be to watch a lets play and pause the video if and when they reach that signpost. At that point I may already figure out the puzzle of how to finish the level which ruin the fun of solving it myself.

This isnt an issue in something like Jump Ultimate Stars since I can look up the mission requirements and what all the character's stats are etc since those are all just in menus and not during the actual gameplay. Just depends whether it is text inside or outside of actual gameplay I suppose. or just my autism

That sounds awesome.

Or rather because it's shit that no one would ever recommend to English speakers.

Are you yanking my chain here?

Because they don't care mate.

You do know the Vita can take screenshots right? You press the PS and start buttons together.
As for your question. Tearaway is ok but it's a little bit short I found.

The answer to that is no one. Gravity Rush remake sold terribly on PS4, as did the Tearaway game in fact I think Tearaway performed the worst of the two

Clean your fucking screen you degenerate

Take your phone off retard auto mode and disable flash when taking photos of your filthy screen

Don't take actual photos off your screen, use PS+Start

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Stop formatting your posts like shit you degenerate

Double spacing is ineffective and wastes space.

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yeah, when he wants to play a game, he WANTS to play a game.

I suppose not, but it makes me wonder if the PS4 store is as slow. Though I suppose that with the PS4 lacking in ability to play PS1 or PS3 games, that might leave it a lot emptier than the PS3 or Vita stores.

The original arcs of Yugiou were pretty intense, and even when it get card-game centric they still had their moments.

The game was designed specifically to make the game part as painfully boring as possible to push the VN portions. It's not a pure VN to be sure, but the focus was on it's VN portions far and away.

I think my favorite one besides the Monster World was when he blew up the dude for swiping his class's location at the fair.

Compared to the Vitas it's fast as fuck, better organised as well. Though I'm fully expecting that to change once the Neo is released and Sonys focus is shifted to that.

And people wonder why I say never to trust other people's translations.

Still not seeing it. Social links are a form of gameplay, they just suck fucking ass and never really apply to anything. I can't really defend P3/4 as good games honestly, but I'm stuck with 4G right now.

They're in the process of fucking that up user, here's the new design they're rolling out

It's stereotypical modern UI design cancer, all image, lower information density.

How much information is under details?

Yuugi

Goddamn that's a nostalgia trip.

Have a closer look next time, user. Persona 3 and Persona 4 take a lot of thematic cues from your average datesim/Visual Novel. Aspects like the S-links, the girlfriend system, and the self-improvement bits are lifted from VN/datesim types.

In a way, much as both games get panned, they're the boost the west needed to popularize Visual Novels in the public arena. No, not solely responsible (the VN fan demographic was sizeable before P3/P4), but it was a definite boost in accepting those formats which general crowd usually rejected.

Persona was a bigger mistake than I thought.

Yeah I remember seeing that when it accidentally went live for a couple of hours a few months back.
I'm surprised they didn't implement it when they did the last big update, what was it, 3.50?

Does anyone have a list of recent vita releases? Im trying to keep my list of physical NA vita games updated, but I realized I havent looked at it since the beginning of March.
Or at least is there somewhere I can look to see all the stuff that does get released each month?

You could look on the webstore, you can order games by most recently released I think.

Thanks, I still have to end up cross referencing stuff since it doesnt tell me if it is PSN only or something. But better than nothing.
Also, if anyone liked Shovel Knight, apparently Fangamer is doing a limited print run of the vita version: fangamer.com/products/shovel-knight-for-ps-vita

Ah, I forgot about that. If you're looking at physical you could always try using amazon, they allow you to order by release date as well at least the UK store does

If anyone here plays Carnage Heart EXA; the upload servers are getting axed;

twitter.com/artdink_tw/status/744773468491702273

But the trade off is that the developer is bringing back one of their other older games on the Vita.

gematsu.com/2016/06/neo-atlas-1469-announced-ps-vita

Are you retarded? They actually stood up to SJWs in order to keep words accurate to the original script that happened to hurt SJWs sensibilities.

Odin Sphere. The snow mountain is hella annoying.
"MONSTERS HAVE APPEARED"
NO, FUCK YOU. EVERY 10 SECONDS.
I've got a list of stuff, but Va11 HALLA and Dustforce will probably be my next purchases. Parasite Eve is on sale, though, so I might pick that up, too.

If I want a physical version of Darius Burst, will i have to import it? I don't know if a physical release was available in the US.
Odin Sphere, I guess. I probably won't beat it for a while.
Probably getting Parasite Eve.

To be fair though it clearly looks better overall on the ps4 version. They got rid of that blue tint and the shadows are sharper, but clearing act differently between the two.

I remember this. Some crazy tranny was mad that they used the word "trap". When hatsuu explained it was chanspeak the tranny threatened to kill themselves. Typical crybully bullshit. I think hatsuu ending up quitting the internet after that

Oh shit, I remember that too. I felt so sorry for Hatsuu, she didn't need that shit when she's only doing her job.
I think she came after a while didn't she?

Nah, she quit the internet when someone who had been stalking her online suddenly showed up in the parking lot of her job. He was just a harmless autist who had a crush on Hatsuu, but that would freak out anyone with the slightest bit of common sense, so Hatsuu made the smart decision to lay off social media for a long time after that.

Different instances. I think after that one she wound up feeling like just taking a break. To my knowledge, it was getting stalked by a /vg/ user (either from Vitagen or JRPG Gen) which caused her to stop showing up on halfchan (at least under a tripcode, provided she was indeed Xseeddude). Could be wrong though.

Trails in the Sky and Gurumin On PC :^^^)
Trails of Cold Steel 2, 13 Sentinels, Berserk Musou
Beat Odin Sphere, still have boss rush and then I'll get the platinum trophy. It seemed tedious on hard, but I beat the rest of the game on hard, so I've just stopped playing. Hopefully I'll start again.
Nothing right now.

*trails in the sky SC

Regarding the Vita mystery port, some dude on reddit thinks he remembers some old corporate drama about it

basically the TV output was protected with some patent. Sony announced a partnership with the company that owned the patent…then nothing happened.

www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/4okctr/accessory_that_allowing_to_play_umds_this_is_fake/d4dl0hm

It's literally just a memory of a rumour, but it's something. The guy who posted it seems to be a super old school games journalist from the early 90s, so he has the chops to get this verified if we help him dig.

kill me
reddit.com/r/vita/comments/4okctr/accessory_that_allowing_to_play_umds_this_is_fake/d4dfexd

techraptor.net/content/meiq-labyrinth-death-refused-classification-australia

Uh oh.

Why? There is seriously nothing in it that is worse than stuff already sold in the kangaroo kingdom

That's what I'm not getting. What I saw at E3 was harmless. I expected it to get a Teen rating, and it did - in North America. What's up with Australia here?

In all probability it's something to do with sex rather than violence

Any of the costumes a bit lewd?
Any characters a bit flat?
Dear god, any high impact headpats?

You're right user, I'll upload better pictures in the future.

Didn't know about the Screenshot feature, thanks a lot!

Hey guys, is this thing worth playing?
I was having a decent amount of fun with its sequel, but I became aware at some point that it basically follows on directly from this which led me to consider playing it first.
I'm aware that it plays totally different, and that the English translation is borderline-comical, but is it worth my time?

Personally, I think it's a solid game.
It's the patron saint of games you fire up to burn a few hours while listening to music/radio/podcasts/etc.
And if you're a waifufag, you can pretend to have a social life by hanging out with the grills.
I sleep easy at night having paid for it.

I'll give it a shot then, it seemed like a decent grindy game.
My canon autism probably won't let me choose anyone except Asuna, even though Lizbeth is best girl.

Sinon a shit.

Your taste is impeccable.

He watches SAO though. :^)

I see you're a man of culture as well.

You're allowed to watch plebshit from time to time, user. Only /a/ will judge you.

Posting this from a long-ass time ago.

Short answer: yes it's fun, it's like a single-player MMO. And it introduces characters Strea and Philia who are recurring in the other SAO games: Lost Song and the yet-to-be-released Hollow Realization. It has some nice lewd-ish CGs as well.

Pretty good fam. Too bad she's horribly underdeveloped. She and the other characters deserved better

Only the first half of Season 1 and the second half of SAO2 are genuinely worth watching. Everything in-between was pretty shit. Granted, the GGO arc was still leagues better than the ALO arc.

Can I hold hands with the AIDS girl in this game? This is important.

She isn't in Hollow Fragment, but you can play as her in Lost Song

How's their Trails in the Sky localizations? I can't decide between playing them in English or Japanese. I'm a bit tired of playing text heavy games in Japanese since I've played 20+ in the last year and a half, so I need to take a little time away to recharge. I'm really looking forward to trying out Trails in the Sky though, and since I keep hearing that they have great localizations, I've been playing with the idea of playing them in English. Or maybe I'll play the first one in English and then buy the Evo versions of all the games if I like it, though I'm not sure about that since a very important scene in the third one I've been spoiled on will very likely be removed from it.

Fuck. I guess I'll get Lost Song after I'm done with HF then.

Have fun user. You'll pour a decent amount of time into HF I haven't actually beaten it yet. I'm on Floor 82/83 or so, but I haven't picked it up in ages. I really ought to go back and finish it…

That sucks mate

Fuck man I wish they'd just give us a SAO game without all the bullshit and Kirito. It's frustrating as fuck to see this kind of shit, they could have done so much more with the "death game" concept, kinda like .hack

I just want a game set in SAO universe during the events of the first season and cut the waifu-shit (eh maybe a little but it has to NOT be the main attraction and it has to be well written) as well as cut out Kirito and Harem Inc. as well, maybe have them cameo and help in certain boss fights but that's it. You make your own character and explore Aincrad and see the darker/sadder side of the show that we managed to catch a glimpse of in the first couple of episodes.

Fuck man, I'm mad

Airship Q to be localized as Wondership Q:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=637520768

Oh the shit dialogue is okay because they used the word "trap", bromeister? That makes great writing, right bromageddon?

You can praise them all you want for not censoring games, but you can't tell me their localization isn't trash. I know all the censorship lately is making us thirsty as fuck, but we shouldn't have to settle for stoner-tier dialoge, either.

Trails in the Sky is fine, only because they used the fan translation.

Say what? The only games I'm aware of them doing that with is some Ys games.

I could have sworn they did the same thing with trails, but I cant find anything to back that up right now, so I suppose I mixed them up.
Either way it isn't as bad as the localization in Akiba's Trip or the SK games, though there are plenty of complaints about some extra liberties taken if you look elsewhere.

Might just play in Nip anyway, it's getting hard to convince myself to play most Japanese games in English (there are some exceptions). Don't really want to buy the Evo versions without knowing if I'll like them, so I'll see if I can replace the English text in the GoG/Steam versions with the Japanese, I think I've read about that before.

Might ask in a Falcom or Nipponese thread on if anyone's played the evo versions and how they compare to the prior PSP/PC ones. Strikes me that maybe someone there might have given them a go or know more on them.

Was it ever revealed what illness she actually had, or is aids just an educated guess?

We all get there at some point user.

Only the first 4 episodes of the first half are worth watching, the entire thing is generic dog shit.

I found the first 4 episodes to be the least tolerable, because that's when the protagonist is the most generic edgy loner retard. I'd much rather have "power of friendship" bullshit than that any day, outside of very specific circumstances.

Bullshit, the first episode was great for setting the whole scenario up and it was smart of Kirito to leave because he knew that the grinding spots were going to become crowded soon. The 2nd was ok until he basically said "yeah fuck it I'm a beta player and a problem"
Then when he tried to join a guild, he hid his powerlevel and everyone died. This kind of trauma would make anyone fearful of that kind of personal contact.
Even then, he was less of a loner then than he became later when outright refusing help from others because "hurr solo player"

As soon as the loli girl came into the mix I knew exactly where things were going, and I was right. Harem anime, with Gary Stu MC.

Gary Stu, absolutely.
Harems generally don't have a winner almost right away.

Yes, harems do have a winner almost right away. The only interfering factors further along are publisher-related. Author almost always has a clear-cut vision of who will win a harem from jumpstreet.

In Kirito's case, it's an unwarranted harem and a telltale weakness in the author themselves, who essentially treated Kirito's setup like babby's first fanfic, forgot the plot, circled a gaggle of girls with "problems" around that he could solve so they'll go for his dick, and then wrote himself right into a corner because he forgot his own plot.

Sure the games play kinda okay, though.

The ridiculous lack of screen time that every girl who isn't the main one gets leads me to disagree with you. It's a very average show with some forced drama, but it isn't unwatchable satan like you claim.
That aside though, it seems like the 3 games from it would be genuinely entertaining to play (without the threat of real world danger). The gun one would probably be full of edgelords and 360 noscopes, and the fairy one would probably be full of faggots and RPers, but these things come with the territory.
Pretty meta

Will do!

Yeah, she got AIDS from a blood transfusion IIRC.

Oh wow, Shovel Knight is getting a physical version? I never played the game. Is the Vita version good?
fangamer.com/products/shovel-knight-for-ps-vita

It has the most content, if I'm not mistaken.
"Most content" meaning one more boss than the other versions.

except the xbone version, that has it's a different extra boss.

Oh yeah, doesn't Xbox have Battletoads while we got stuck with Kratos? That's not fair at all. They should've used Kat or something.

Love the game but FUCK this artificial difficulty boss bullshit

I don't have an assassin and I made it to the final boss. I got really pissed and dropped the game on it though. I should probably just beat it since I'm at the end, but it wasn't fun getting fucked on it's second or third form and having to walk all the way back there and waste 30 minutes to die again. I'd rather just play DT2 or something. If you think that ones cheap wait until you get to the end.

Oh yeah it seems like a lot rides on those items you get to add skills. When I was playing it people kept recommending using certain ones. i don't remember which but if yours are as shitty as mine you may want to collect more. I just don't like the game enough to waste anymore time on it

Yeah, she was a C-Section baby, but something went awry during the procedure that caused a lot of bleeding and she had to have a transfusion, and the blood she got was HIV infected, and then she got AIDS from there. Her whole family was also infected with AIDS before they even knew. Then they all died a year or two before the events of "Mother's Rosario"/ie Yuuki's arc. So when we're introduced to Yuuki, she's already lost her entire family, and is succumbing to AIDS herself while Asuna starts befriending her, but Asuna's mom goes full cunt-mode.

I cried when she died "in the arms of the one she loved" and as all the players came to pay their respects as she passed away. I honestly still get a little halfway choked up just thinking about it. Damn it AIDS-chan…

Oh sweet.

So you could say it's gonna be the Ultra/Deluxe version of the game? I wonder if it'll have Plague of Shadows already included on the cart.

The Kratos fight looks pretty cool though. I'd rather have that one then Battletoads isn't the Kratos boss fight harder anyway?

Christ. I don't even remember the name of the boss that raped me. Couldn't even scratch it with its buffs and bullshit healing ability since 2 characters had to constantly be on potion/healing duty. I had Gazer, Paladin, Cleric, Mage, and Ninja. THen I discovered that mage is worthless and ninja is hit or miss.

Yeah this boss required you have an item called dragon vase or curse vase or something that removed all buffs and you had to spam that shit on the enemy just to damage it but then it heals all the damage you did anyways and kills party members in a handful of hits..

Also Natural Doctrine is really good if you like tactical RPGs that will punish you very harshly for being dumb.

You learn quickly.

There's a bunch of Square games on sale if anyone buys older stuff for their Vita. I think I might pick up eaither FFIII, VIII, or IX, since I never beat those, but I don't know which one I even want.
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/square-enix-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-SQUAREENIXSALE|platform~vita|

Oh yeah, that fucking vase. I think it constantly takes party members away and that prevents it. Maybe I'll finish it since theirs a sequel coming out and my anger subsided a lot. I'll probably need to tweak a lot of shit though. It kept spawning wind demons and I couldn't even hit the fucking things.

I hate forced trial and error more than being punished for messing up. Growlanser:WoT is a lot of fun, but it felt like every big battle I wouldn't even know what the fuck the game wanted me to do and I'd waste tons of time or die from enemies respawning while I wander aimlessly.

It's unwatchable to me not for the girls, but for Kirito and the number of things that bend to his circumstances. And I'd love to say they were rookie mistakes, but Kawahara repeats those same mistakes in Accel World. I don't personally enjoy either canon. The man starts strong premises and interesting ideas and ends with a general mess.

But this ain't the thread to harp on SAO or AW, so I won't comment further on it.

kek

The real question is will the amiibo be compatible?

Also, if anyone cares to know, I updated my NA physical Vita list, there are currently 179 games. This is counting everything that has been announced or is coming out soon. you could say 180 if you want to count the fact minecraft had a physical box but no cartridge in it

It's watchable, moreso than something like Guilty Crown, and I really enjoyed SAO as I was watching the first season. After a while of reflecting, though, I just came to the conclusion that it was just plain bad. It's watchable, but that doesn't make it re-watchable.

Also, I wouldn't call Kirito an edgelord, as it was established even in the early episodes that he was a very kind and sensitive person.

In fairness to the author, I think Lisbeth and Silica only first appear in the 2nd book, which was more of an anthology of short stories. That's also where the shit murder mystery comes up as well. The anime's first half sort of ham-fisted the second book into the first, placing them in chronological order, which does contribute to the lack of direction and the pacing issues. In other words, SAO might not have come off as a harem if you just read the first book, instead just it coming off more as a romance-scifi-action story (with priorities in that order). I haven't read the LNs yet, though, but that's what I've been told. I just dropped the series after finishing the first season.

I think I only realized it was a harem anime when Lisbeth came along. Silica herself didn't raise any red-flags, although the conversation about Sugu had me wondering but it wasn't anything particularly alarming. In fact, I was kind of surprised she participated in the discussion about "sharing Kirito" with Lisbeth in the first season's tailend.

For the girls prior to Lisbeth, there were purposes to introducing them to the plot beyond trying to showcase a harem. Asuna was obviously the main girl, so she's obviously going to do shit. She gets a pass.

Sachi was there to establish an emotional connection with Kirito - to give him a bit more reason to stay connected with the Moonlit Black Cats. She was also a foil to Kirito at that point - where he was daring and self-assured, she was fearful and unsure. And of course, the death of the Moonlight Black Cats deeply affected Kirito and is the direct explanation (aside from being a hated uber-beta-tester shit) for why he's never partied/guild-ed with anyone since. The death of the black cats is also there to enforce the constant theme of a hostile virtual world. Kirito's memories of Sachi is also conceivably a reason for why he didn't pursue Asuna sooner, and a likely source of tension on the build-up leading to their relationship.

Where Sachi's story was somber and ended in a dark note, Silica's on the other hand was more light-hearted in its approach overall. It was a story about resurrecting a pet - a small bit of hope and healing in a world otherwise filled with the constant dread of death. It was about a high level stranger helping out a lower-levelled PC, which mimics the fonder memories some people here have of MMOs. Kirito's confrontation with the PKers not only helped give a clearer picture of the PCs' society, but also helped establish that Kirito's suicidal efforts in levelling weren't in vain.

Lisbeth, though, is pretty much a floozy. I mean, sure, she makes Kirito's second sword and everything, but she (and her affection) was pretty much unneeded otherwise. At most, her only other purpose is to to be envious of Asuna (which seems to be her only interaction with the pair afterwards). I mean, they didn't even establish muh dool-wheeled-ing until the episode after.

This video is pretty awkward, but it looks like those Limited Run Games people really like the Vita.

Same here, I never thought I'd cry while watching a pleb-tier anime about kids playing vidya.

Shit nigga, you just went full pleb.

You guys remember that gay ass song about why must everyone hurt each other or whatever the fuck? It felt like that played every episode. I'd much rather sit through SAO than Guilty Crown again. The Guilty Crown VN looked pretty decent at least.

Oh sure. Muh strong independent wheelchair martial artist, NTR sub-theme reveal, reinforcements-nuked with fearless leader being the sole survivor, fearless-leader dying of cancer reveal, and fearless-leader willing to sacrifice himself by holding a tracking device for said nuke (not like he didn't survive the first time) - all in the span of the same fucking episode - are clearly the marks of a masterpiece.

Anybody here have experience with VITA TV? I gave my Vita to my brother and looking for a replacement. I never really used the touchscreen function and most games I played rarely utilize it so why go for the cheaper option. My question is how is resolution on a 1080p monitor? I heard it can only output upscaled 720p images and the result is blocky images because the stretch the pixel, somewhat similar to 3DS XL. Also, is it compatible with DS4 controller?

Techraptor have a youtube channel?

great

I would suppose they do. By god, are we starved for physical games - especially with the memory card prices.

Would you honestly be surprised if there was some overlap? The JRPG thread have the same people chiming in as well.

I hear it IS compatible with DS4. I used my PSTV to play Dungeon Travelers 2 and SAO:HF on a 47"tv on 720p. It was okay.

I'm almost convinced at this point that Kirito is supposed to be Kawaharas self insert

It is, you can use a DS3 or 4 with it

I never really feel starved for games, but what they're doing is more than welcome and I'll certainly buy games I otherwise wouldn't have. (Fucking Caligula)
Them saying that they think they'll release half of the games available physically in the west themselves by the time everything is said and done is an ambitious goal.

I wouldn't say that's limited to harem shit, though.

Yeah, I think so too. Although, most harem shit make me feel the MCs are just there as author self-inserts.

Ah, I meant we're starved physical copies of games, not games themselves. Vita sections in most stores just seem so bare at times.

You're probably right, though I believe it's more pronounced with haremshit.
Exactly, either that or as blank slate generic niceguy characters for the viewer to project onto.

Does PSN even have a summer sale?

It had one last August and the year before that, Satan.

No clue when they'll do it this year

>Half-Life 3

Touching 2D girls bad.

Didn't Senran kagura release just fine in Australia

They probably didn't see Mirai

Maybe this one did them in? Senran Kagura had the ages removed and I wouldn't be surprised if this just says the girls are underage, since they said they weren't gonna censor anymore.

I swear we fixed this shit when we got the R18+ rating

It's pretty fucked up that a T rated game is considered abhorrent filth there. I guess we're not decent reasonable adults or whatever. If you import it do they take it away if customs catches you? or do you have to have someone smuggle the cartridge through the international airport in their butthole or something?

If your customs is anything like the UK then you should be fine unless they actually say you can't own it by law.
As far as I know if it's just a case of a refusal of classification then that means your stores aren't allowed to sell it, not that its illegal to own or import it.

I'm guessing that's the case, but the place seems so crazy about this stuff I wouldn't be surprised if they went beyond confiscation, so I just wanted to make sure.

Does Aus still have that law about flat chests?

I think australia has that awesome flat chest = child ,law when determining if it's illegal or not.

the solution is for localization teams to put a big ass rack on every loli

oppai piggu go homu

This is a flat board.

is it though? is it?
you cant fool me

Honestly I really don't care, I'm an ass man

I like my hometown just like I like my life. Barren and flat.

every loli wants huge boobs

Why the hell did they do that? Granted, I don't think they're the first, since Capcom pulled something like that with (I want to say) one of the Marvel vs Capcom games for the PS3.

they seem like some pretty cool guys. They know their audience though, since they seem to consider themselves a part of it practically.

neither did I user

Man I'd really fucking hate to live in Australia. Surrounded by some of the most dangerous wildlife on the planet, and then you have libtards fucking everywhere.

Truly Australia is one of the worst places to be besides Sweden

i actually couldn't care less about breast size. I'm a thighs/hips kind of guy. I don't care if she's flat or if she's gotta fucking hot air balloons for tits, as long as she has nice wide hips and some meaty thighs, I'm all set

Should I get akiba's trip on vita or pirate it on ps3(actually I already did)/pc or buy it on pc for half the vita's price. Does it work as a good portable game?

I'm currently waiting for the last days of it to finish my db backup. If someone needs it I can post it somewhere in the future in some psp or vita threads.

Not really. I don't know about you, but it was a phase for me. Start learning Japanese, play games in Japanese for practice, become increasingly better, start playing all Japanese games in Japanese because I can, disgusted at the thought of playing Japanese games in English, eventually stop caring unless there's something really wrong with the localization, or it's censored, or it's just a game I'd prefer to play in Japanese, etc. That's where I'm at now, unless there's a good reason to go out of my way for one version, I generally don't. I always do research on the localization before I play one though. Maybe it's because I'm past my "Japanese is so awesome,I'm going to consume everything in Japanese!" stage, or because I've been translating for years and understand localization. Not sure.

It really sounds like you already have your answer. If you are questioning whether to but it on PC for cheaper than Vita sounds like you know you just want to download it for free.
Id always argue Vita for the physical copy and that I like handheld stuff a lot more than PC or consoles for the portability.

Pirate or buy the PC version. From what I understand, there's a discernible upgrade from the Vita/PS3 versions to the PS4/PC versions, even though it was Vita first. I'm talking about stuff like optimization and fitting more characters in a screen kind of deal.

I'm sure there are other Vita games you can spend your money on as well.

Uh, nope.

Flash sale when?

MvC3 had a lot of problems, but not having a disk for the PS3 wasn't one of them.

For me it's not so much "everything is better in Japanese" as much as "I don't trust anyone else's translations" - just like I wouldn't watch Monty Python in Japanese except maybe with friends while drunk for shits and giggles I wouldn't play most video games in English. Even if there's no ulterior motives in fucking it up, it's still another middleman to go through, and there's just never any good reason to settle for that.

you mean you'll watch GuP dubbed?

God I fucking hate this show.

See, I can respect this decision. It is always better to play/read/watch the original of something in the actual language it was in, if you are able to understand it.
Really glad it isnt the reasoning that japanese = better, like everyone seemed to think in high school.
I wish I could do this too, but my Japanese is non-existent and I just keep playing games rather than trying to learn.

I'm pretty sure this is how it is for most people. If there isn't anything wrong with a localization, there's no real reason to play a game in Japanese. Hell, sometimes the localization ends up being better than the original, like with MGR.
It's just really hard to make a good localization. There's always stuff that gets lost or changed in translation, deliberately or not.

No time like the present to start learning, user.
The basics are pretty easy and just knowing those is enough to get you motivated to learn more. It feels great when you realize you're improving.

I… what? Is the rest of the show like this, or is it as moeblob as it looks?

Pretty much, if you have a passion for something, learning the appropriate language for it is just part of the skillset you pick up pursuing the hobby, like learning how to paint miniatures for people into tabletop miniature games like Mechwarrior or Warhammer.

That's pretty much how I learned user, just get your basics down and then plunge head first in.

See, I would argue from the opposite perspective - if there's nothing objectively improving on it, like the improved loadtimes on FFT PSP's foreignization, there's no reason to play a game in English.

I'm not familiar with that example in particular, but both KojiPro and Platinum are known for working directly with English speaking actors/writers to keep the feel and get what they want and Kojima and Kamiya at least are both Westaboo enough that when writing it they might originally have imagined it in English to begin with so I would imagine it has an English version on par with the Japanese. The Wonderful 101, Devil May Cry, and Bayonetta all had JP and NA sides of roughly equal quality all things told after all.

Personally, I would argue that a "localization" is by definition bad. To clarify, things like translating "asameshimae" as "piece of cake" rather than "before breakfast" or "nozokima" as "Peeping Tom" instead of "Peeping Devil" I consider to fall within the realm of translation itself, since you're conveying the intention of the text not just in straight meaning, but in the sense of it's use as a familiar phrase. That's fine. The problem is when you get shit like "Our audience won't be able to understand the story if it takes place in Japan so let's just say it takes place in America and that everyone is American and the Americans are all various Europeans with silly accents or gratuitous French/Spanish/German lines." That shit is not OK IMO unless you're outright abandoning any pretense at being a true translations of the source material, like Ghost Stories or Samurai Pizza Cats.

Wipeout 2048
Dunno, been out of the vita loop for ages anything good and not autisticly weeb in the wings??
Wipout 2048 working on the multiplayer trophies fuck them
Might eventually get round to buying Senran

yeah new vita games chart anyone??

Caligula, and Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain came out today, other than it's Ys 8 next month and Demon Gaze 2 in October.

Huh. I'd swear Capcom had some PS3 release where there was an official case and cover made for it, but inside was just a download voucher. Maybe I'm thinking of a different game.

I did mean mostly translation. Even if you're just trying to translate a story as accurately to the original as possible you will eventually run into shit like wordplay and cultural references that are hard to get across using the context you're given alone. I don't approve of retarded meme-filled quirky translations that completely change the context but I think it's unreasonable to expect people to not dumb down some of this stuff for wider appeal, because otherwise they won't even bother releasing a game in the west at all if the only people who can understand it are a handful of diehard weebs who won't even pay money for it. I suppose the best thing we can do is encourage localizations that are actually decent (Danganronpa, to give a recent example) because without localizations I'm sure most people couldn't even play these games.

half of it is moeblob and half of it is physics defying tank battles

those words mean nothing to me

Old but maybe this will help?

Wew

I doubt that will even come out this year, but it should be interesting to see how disastrous it is. If they can't get the game to run right on things like PS4 then good fucking luck getting it to run decent on Vita.

HOPE YOU LIKE COMBAT
again and again
for fucking hours

world of FF, god eater and senran are the only things im really interested in then from this chart

I heard it was bricking consoles, don't know how true that is though

this guy knows
its so shit

It's supposedly been bricking WiiU's, not to mention just horribly optimized over all.
archive.is/GOFpv

I almost would have pity for the poor bastards who backed this mess, but then again, Kamiya warned us about Jewnafune. They have also since delayed the Xbox 360 and Mac/Linux versions.

I want Root Letter really bad.

I tried looking into it like I do whenever people say that about games and it seems like bullshit. I couldn't even find any evidence to support it. It seems like people's standard the game runs like total shit and crashes so it obviously breaks consoles shit.

Niche Gamer is retarded. They're just as bad if not worse than standard outlets. Apparently pandering to GG is having ethics for them.

Oh boy looks comfy.

What did they do again?

PQube is bringing it West. Hang in there user
archive.is/3tUvE

Your next line is "TechRaptor is just as shitty as Kotaku"

Oh joy, Read Only Memories comes out August 16th.

I've just seen them pass off plenty of errors and unverified claims. You'd think that if your headline for a game says "console bricking bugs" that you would look into the validity of the claims instead of just linking people talking about it on twitter.

I don't read stuff there very often, but I haven't noticed anything nearly as clickbaity as places like Kotaku or Nichegamer.

Not that anyone is on Kotaku's level though. Even Niche Gamer looks likek saints compared to them.

I thought you were just shitposting, my bad user
I'm not gonna pretend like NicheGamer is the best thing every, they most certainly aren't. Brandon comes off as a really unprofessional person in his writing, it feels a little lazy, and he kind of seems like a douchebag honestly. His little profile picture doesn't help that either. I like Tyler Valle's stuff he writes for the site though.

I don't agree that they're just as bad as standard outlets. There's much worse than NG.

Yeah, It'd take a lot to get down to Kotaku's level. They're pretty much just a tabloid at this point.

Wew.

Well, I guess I don't really know how most outlets even are these days, so they might be better, but when I read their stuff a lot of the time there's a level of disappointment. It just almost makes me feel like a sucker. I mean even with that Shitty no 9 article it seemed like they actually found something, but to just link to some shitposting on Twitter just seems wrong to me, even if the game shouldn't be bought by anyone, breaking consoles just seems like the hugest issue a game can even possibly have and they have a whopping one sentence about it in the article, despite it being part of the headline.

One thing I've discovered upon launching Hollow Fragment.
Apparently when it was relaunched on PS4, they remade the awful translation. The new translation was then patched into the Vita version.
I am slightly disappointed, because I was hoping it would be entertaining levels of awful. But at least it's more coherent now.

Is the Grisaia VN any good by the way?
I've heard mixed reviews.

When did they patch the new translation into the Vita version? Last time I played it, it still had the comically bad translation.

You got a point there. But since there isn't much more information about the issue, I suppose they can only do so much until more info comes out.

Wait they fixed the translation?
I'll never update my copy of Hollow Fragment now. I love the terrible translation, it's so funny

I've done a bit more digging, I might have been badly misinformed.
The English Asian, NA and EU versions might be different from what I'm seeing, don't get your hopes up. I'm about an hour into the game now and haven't yet seen something ridiculously nonsensical which led me to believe this, not sure if this is how it always was or if something is different. I'll report back later sometime.

Oh, time for a new thread.

Here ya go lads:

glad I was able to get it in before I had to go to work

what, software are people on??3.60 or holding off??

I've only beaten one route so far, but I really like it. Enjoying it probably mainly depends as to whether or not you like the characters and some regular, slice of life type high jinks, as the main story events seem to take a backseat to them just spending time together most of the game. The MC can come off a little too much as an ass sometimes, but he has some pretty witty remarks and isn't the "just your average highschool student" type character at least. The girls are funny and can be really endearing though. Definitely the highlight of the game for me, despite fitting all your normal tropes. I think it's at least worth giving a try and seeing how you like it.

Get to it. Once you learn a bit, you can start playing games in Japanese, which will be both fun and learning experiences.

oh boy

For game news isn't it better to just go to the really press releasy stuff like siliconera anyway, if you're going to do anything but check out youtube vids?