So i decided to try out Ultima series and started with 9

So i decided to try out Ultima series and started with 9.

I see i am off to a great start.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpaNqz1vDmSixriNnNTD3FKXJ5D_y9wKS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I was expecting a fantasy adventure game.

Ultima usually starts with the avatar in his home dimension, our earth, and then travels to the Ultima world

I see. Is it good anyway? Because the controls are awkwardly slow as fuck.

I think the Ultima reviews are the only thing Spoony did right in his entire life.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpaNqz1vDmSixriNnNTD3FKXJ5D_y9wKS

Lord no.

Thanks.

you're in for a wild ride kid

9 is kind of the worst of them
except for maybe 2 but 2 was a product of its times and still quite ambitious
9 is just time and budget cuts everywhere

Ed del Castillo gets a lot of flak for the game's poor quality but when he left the project there were at least still party members (he is, however, the guy who gave us the ending. He hadn't played 7 so he didn't know the Guardian was EA personified). He pleaded with the EA execs for an extra 2 years to refine the engine and let the devs master 3d tools but to no avail

I remember reading an ex developer on somethingawful talk about this game, this was in like 2005 or something, and apparently there's a overly detailed model boat in a bottle somewhere that uses up so much resources that a lot of people dip into single digit frames when they enter the room it's in.

man, look at the texture on the wall and then his jacket. it's like a decade apart in quality.

Have you played fallout 4 recently?

Its not only the thing of the past.

I don't remember seeing any textures from this decade in Fallout 4.

What's a paladin?

A miserable little pile of secrets.

Spooby pls

Theā€¦ Codex of Ultimate Wisdom?

Ultima 4 was pretty cool.
3 was boring. Ambrosia was interesting but ultimately a hassle.

Is this bait?.

Either that or OPs underage.

jesus christ. that's like buying your first car and it's an exploding pinto

it's like that pig head in the first witcher game that had like trillion polygons or so

Disgusting.

i dont think the modern gamer has the patience or even the imagination to put up with something like pic related

The only thing worthy of note is the history of its development and all the cool shit that they cut because of EA. It's amazing that there are fan patches and yet the game still runs like shit because it was originally coded for Voodoo cards.