Is there anyone who played both on PS4 that actually prefers Dark Souls 3 to Bloodborne?

Is there anyone who played both on PS4 that actually prefers Dark Souls 3 to Bloodborne?

I beat DS3 twice and havent touched it since. The gameplay was dull, the new mechanics were never needed and easily ignored, the enemy placement is DS2's worst lazy ambushes constantly that work once if they ever do, the world is almost completely devoid of environmental hazards and the characters are blank slates with barely any lines of dialogue.

I thought maybe i just thought fondly of Bloodborne because of its twist on Lovecraft i.e: The worship of the old gods is not some backwoods thing but the majority religion in Yharnam. But i beat that 12 times and thought it must be worth a relook.

I just beat orphan of Kos and Moon presence again and i'll be damned if i enjoyed my 13th run through Yarnham just as much as the first and i have no desire to touch DS3 again.

Dont get me wrong its not all bad, the soundtrack is good, Irithyll looked just gorgeous and spells not being charges anymore was a nice change back to Demon's Souls.
But in every other regard its the weakest game in the series for me-yes in including DS2 after it got all its DLC.

For those who have the frame of reference and preferred DS3 more i've got to ask why? i simply cant bring myself to play it again and thats a first for this series, whats kept you enjoying it?

I wanted to like it but it feels so shoddily put together with a shitty translation job and compared to the extremely well thought out world of BB the world of DS3 seems to be designed around references to DS1 with random shit thrown in 'just cuz' and thats such a let down.

Even without having played Bloodborne I can't see why anyone would prefer DS3. DS3 is literally just trying to be Bloodborne and failing hard at it because it doesn't go all the way and the combination of the two playstyles in one game is a fucking trainwreck.

Well part of the trouble is Bloodborne went from DS2's rolling and turtling'/fuck everything i have a greatsword gameplay and made it focussed on dashing and regain which means you take a hit and you dont back off you run in to do damage to heal -and you can get a rune that makes parrys heal almost triple so you can stay on the move instead of backing away and circling.

and the trouble is DS3 is entirely designed around circling. Theres almost no danger of falling off a ledge since most of the game is wide open spaces to circle, kite and just wait for an opening in their moveset.

They are both pretty shit games.
Bloodborne is about spinning without giving a shit if you are hit, you just get the health back. It is nearly impossible to avoid damage, the devs intentionally made it so you would exchange blows with a boss without losing health, which goes against common sense.

Dark Souls thinks that since Bloodborne was well recieved it needs to be Bloodborne too, so they made poise work only when you are attacking to create the same exchange blows situations without health regeneration. As a result the gameplay doesn't really fit the series.
Also DS3 had too many scenic bosses. I want to beat the boss the way I fight other enemies, I don't want to find some stupid fucking sword or jump on a dragon's head without any effort whatsoever.

I am sorry for your financial loss.

DaS 3 was disappointing contentwise. It's just so empty, dull, and boring, that the 2nd playthrough is nowhere as good as the 1st, and so on and so forth. I've tried so many times to make new characters on DaS 3, but they all end up abandoned. The game is just boring.

I've even gone back to DaS 2 of all the games and had fun booting up another character, especially with the influx of new players from the sale, as well as players coming back from DaS 3 to PvP.

I feel like the games are different enough that you cant really compare them exclusively side by side. Bloodborne had extremly good gameplay and a amazing world, but dark souls 3 had playable multiplayer and better lore. Take your pick but it comes down to prefrence really.

I prefer DaS3 because I like the sword and shield a lot more, that being said DaS3 isn't that great it tried to take too much shit from bloodborne.
I played DaS1 for around 500 hours, dark souls 2 only finished once, bloodborne only once tried to play it again a few times but I get past cleric beast and then say fuck it, dark souls 3 I tried to play through a second time and made it to anor londo then stopped.

BB is better in these ways:
Lore
UI
Area design
Enemy Design
Aesthetics
Music
Length (until DaS3 gets DLC)
Originality
Faster pace
More challenging
Better bosses
No hackers
Chalice Dungeons/Good bonus content

DaS3 is better in these ways:
Framerate
Don't have to go through 2 loading screens to warp to a new area
Better character side quests
Better hub area
More weapon variety
More armor variety (problem is heavy armor sucks because poise is pretty much non-existent)
Community is much more active
PvP is very streamlined
And more of Dark Souls for anyone who likes that over BB

Keep in mind on top of this, I'm not mentioning the cons. For example, many enemy models for DaS3 were ripped straight from BB and repurposed for the new game. The texture work in many parts of DaS3 was just fucking lazy. Many of the bosses were still just big humanoid with a big weapon, as opposed to freakish demons with unpredictable movesets. They casualized the fuck out the game as well, probably making it the easiest game in the series. And when it's not piss-easy, it's absurdly difficult because they occasionally use DaS2 logic when placing enemies in areas (high quantity of enemies = hard). We'll see what the DLC can do to make it better. At the very least it's miles better than 2, but that means fuck all when they made a better game a couple years before 3 came out anyway.

As for BB, the loading times and the frequency of the loading is a big pain in the ass. The hub area is rather empty and the side quests are very thin. Some of the complexity of the equipment system was stripped from the game, making pvp encounters very samey, with the same 5-6 builds popping up every time. But that's all that springs to mind for me.

Dark Souls 3 made many quality of life improvements that made the first playthrough feel great to play, and for many players - including me - distracted me from the other flaws that I didn't really notice until the 2nd playthrough. The community is bigger, but as a result filled with more mouthbreathing fanboy retards that either don't know how to have fun, hack the game to ruin other people's time, or use the newest meme build to show off their pvp skills and yell "git gud". Bloodborne, despite being a bit less polished in its systems, is the better game and it seems in that regard they focused on making the gameplay better for BB than for DaS3.

So no, OP, it's not just you. BB is better and much more replayable than DaS3 is, and I personally think it's my favorite in the series despite its many flaws. I just wish we could get a 60 fps version, then I'd be set.

Between

Have no clue where that between came from, but ignore that I guess. I didn't expect to write that much about the games, so I'm assuming it probably got lost somewhere in my huge ramble.

I've counted 15 models with outright missing textures so far. I keep finding more…

Where?
More power to you if you enjoyed it but it was overly referential trash.

Sullyvhan was feeding gods to Aldritch. Okay. Why? Aldritches own soul says HE decided to do it because he 'foresaw a coming age of the deep sea' which has no relation to the Pontiff who is then sold in the next area as the guy fucking up everything purely because the Abyss made him go crazy.
Thats the depth of DS3's lore. Everything else is "REMEMBER DS1!" or "because fuck you thats why" and there is no overarching story to the world beyond "shits fucked".

In Bloodborne the world has a story, if your character never happened those events up to a point would still occur because of the world. They found the labyrinth and called down the old gods, started using blood without knowing about Oudeons curse on the blood after Yharnam cucked him/it. The hunters were established to stop the beasts which only exacerbated it and then they get word of Kos washing up at the hamlet and seeing the fishermen transform leads to a schism in the school Some believe the beast transformation is just an unrefined evolution that can be improved, others believe prayer and subservience will grant evolution as a boon.
The story goes on but the point is there is a very clear by the numbers story and not "but….perhaps" or "remember DS1, praise the sunny d xD" like DS3 which feels just hollow.

Pun not intended.

Unless fromsoft got real meta this time.

Yes I actually didn't really like Bloodborne all that much. I really enjoyed Dark Souls III.

The thread is asking people who played both games. I'm assuming by your post that you haven't played Bloodborne, so you actually have no idea about the quality about the game in question. If anything, you're the one trying to justify your shitty purchase because you went out of your way to criticize a game that you haven't played, despite the general consensus being that it's better. Maybe you feel threatened by people enjoying a game more than your toned down multiplat version because you don't have the means to play it?

I am happy with my PS4 purchase since I knew what I was getting. People who expected anything other than a small lineup (that wouldn't even come around till 2 years after its release) simply fucked up. I picked it up much later into its life cycle and got my money's worth. I got Bloodborne, DoAX3, and Yakuza Ishin - which use up a hefty amount of my time playing video games as is. Not to mention I have Yakuza 0, KH3, The Last Guardian, Nioh, FFXV, and Persona 5 on the way for the next year. Maybe Deep Down will eventually come around as well. Don't be a faggot.

Literally who cares. Dark souls 2 was better than both in every way.

Alright ill rephrase that. The souls games work by giving the story throgh armor,weapons, iteams and boss souls. The problem with bloodborne is that it felt very lacking in those department compared to what we usually get. There is probaly alot that could be added or expanded on if we had more information but as it is the games story and all that is in it is very vaugely explained.

Dark souls 3 on the other hand relies heavily on the prexsisting formula. I will admit that it sucks 1's dick super hard to the point where i actually felt it was trying way to hard to stay true to the original but didnt feel different because of it. But it there is plenty of lore nonetheless.

TlDR: Very little explained lore vs. Lore that borrows heavily from the past. I love bloodborne and want to see it do better but i have to choose 3 in the lore department.

obobobo the ninjor pls go

I don't have my ebonics translator on. Could you translate?

I thought bloodbourne was a trainwreck. No real weapon progression, chalice dungeons are a thing. Area design was nice, but it all looks the exact same and before you go "well it's all the same city". Also I dislike lovecraft because I think it's been done to death and back with no real actual interesting takes on it.

When i first started playing DaS3, i could immediately tell BB was going to keep being my favorite on par with DeS.
When i finished DaS3, i had the absolute certainty that BB was, as i initially felt, without the shadow of a doubt overall a much better game.

BB is to DaS3 what DaS1 is to DaS2.
But DaS3 isn't worse, or equal to DaS2, DaS3 is better than DaS2, even with all the poise and hyperarmor problems, anyone saying otherwise has straight up some agenda to piss DaS3 players off or he's trying too hard.

Bottomline is this, BB has better gameplay, better bosses, better weapons with WAY better movesets, better audiovisual feedback for any action you make, better overall combat, better artstyle, better locations, better and more coherent plot and also more interesting plot in general.

BB also has fewer NPCs but i will always remember Eileen and The Doll over any of the fucksticks in DaS3.
However BB does not have more memorable NPCs than DaS1 and DeS, that to this day reign supreme in that regard.

When it comes to DaS3 vs BB this is going to take the same long road some games take where the new game is hailed as the best or some people like specific aspects of it over the old one just because the new one is new and the old one is old.
In time, things cool down and people start judging the series as a whole more calmly, just like today it's easy for people to admit that DeS did many things better than DaS, even tho back in the day DaS ruled supreme and it was considered heresy to suggest otherwise.

Basically i can already see a future where people are going to agree that BB was by far superior as the common opinion, but to reach that point we're gonna have to wait trough a lot of bullshit and flip flopping, especially as people are going to try to push the DaS3 DLCs to kick it up a notch while the core problems of why it's an inferior experience will never be able to be truly fixed.

Some of us just "get" things faster than others, it will take the "slower" people some time to realize the objective truth, as usual, by the end the correct opinion on a series always wins over the majority.

epín

Wow that is horribly pretentious. Like shit son, I read your post and now I have a masters in fine art

My nigger.

I still really like the first Dark Souls, but it never gripped me quite the same way those two did.

Superbunnyhop please leave

His logic is wrong, but the point that DaS3 is better than 2 is true. Very few people disagree with this.

Nigger, what? How has it been done to death?

So it hasn't been done to death and back, then? Because not enough people do it and the ones that do don't do it well?

If anything, I'd say BB is one of the best takes on it out there, even though it doesn't adapt anything straight from lovecraft - it's just heavily inspired by it.

I played BB on roomates PS4 and DaS3 on my PC, and despite the framerate I also prefer Bloodborne. It has better music, a much better setting, at least SOME balance, more optional areas you can do out of order, and a better art style.

I do prefer the gameplay of 3 a bit since it is less reliant on parrying and does give you some more build variety (even though the balance is atrocious), and the enemy design gameplay wise is also a bit better. But none of it is better by a significant enough margin to make me like it more than Bloodborne.

If I were to rank the games in the series, it would be DaS1 > BB > DaS3 > DeS > DaS2
it has the worst build variety and very few really good boss fights. The only things it does better than the rest is 1-1 and 3-1, but even then I'd say that Undead Settlement is the most well designed area in the series.

I notice 9 times out of ten the people that love the dark souls story most out of the 3 lean so heavily because DS1 was their first game in the series, so the old god stuff was never present for them, it was only ever the cyclical bonfire stuff.

I notice people are far more lenient on the build issue in BB if they play character action games over western fantasy rpgs. The "you can mix and match these weapons, but you are playing based on your skill not what you use" idea probably seems way more comfortable if you like games like DMC4 than dragons dogma.

Haven't played bloodborne but muh eldrich horror stuff is honestly the worst bunch of Lovecraft's work.

If bloodbourne is an interesting take on it then shit son, plain toast and boiled chicken must be a little too extreme for you. The boring "oh look it's horror and there's something! ooo~ look at this normal thing but all messy and bloody from headcrabs!" is so fucking played out and that's exactly what bloodborn does

But no, Bloodbourne is just not very good, the enemy design is the same as every other damn souls game, the fights are exactly the same, the armor doesn't matter, PvP is a massive trainwreck, runs like hot garbage, and it has no easy way to teleport between areas. And it has chalice dungeons.

Compared to 3 which at least has the potential to run okay, all fights are the exact same, all weapons play the exact same, and most builds outside of stupid gimmick shit and glitch builds. Online sort of works as opposed to not at all.

DaS was an actual sequel to DeS, why did they have to fuck it up?

Well there is a new 'dark fantasy rpg' game being worked on thats not a dark souls sequel at fromsoft so you never know.

There is?
Source?

I wish they just made a monster hunter type game with only bosses and similar environments. Dark souls bosses are super easy with baby tier amounts of health.

Holy shit, you are one dumbass dipshit retard.

How am I the one being the faggot here?

Not talking about story, just mechanics.
Who gives a shit about story anyways?

At E3 Kadokawa did a closed doors press conference because they dont know E3 is a trade show. They said theres a new Armour Core, a new 'dark fantasy rpg' and something completely new.

Roll on metal wolf 2.

soul sacrifice? toukiden?

Those are both inferior to MonHun

Peace walker is the only monhun inspired game not inferior.

I'll agree with that.

Mechanics in DS3 are better than DS1, so I don't know what you're talking about.

That's a very detailed analysis, user. Please tell us more.

I'm not even gonna bother with the first half of your post because you just seem to not like lovecraftian shit in general based on your description. If you have any better ideas of what you consider "extreme", then please go ahead and show us your creativity.

No, it isn't. Are you on crack?

What?

Ah, so you can just play through the game naked and have just as easy of a time, right? Makes sense.

Connecting to other players isn't the problem, it's the build variety. But I've already admitted that the pvp wasn't very good.

It runs at a steady 30 for the entire game, at least for me. I understand that 60 fps is preferable, but a game being set at 30 doesn't equate to me as hot garbage.

How is this bad, exactly? Do you hate extra content?

It sounds to me like you barely played the game if at all, or you're just parroting everything you hear from other people's criticisms without formulating your own opinion. Either that or you seriously have a vendetta against the fucking game because half of your statements don't even apply to the game and I don't understand how anyone who's played the game can actually make statements like "the enemy design is the same as the other games" or "the fights are exactly the same" even though the game plays entirely differently.

I'm convinced you're either uninformed, contrarian, or just flat out retarded.

I didn't really like Peace Walker. Nor the garbage mechanics it gave to MGSV

Except they aren't.

PW sucks on PSP, but in HD on PS3 its fucking great. Shame everything that worked because its mission based was put in 5 in open world where it fucking doesnt.
but i replayed it this month and i think its criminally underrated as a mg game.

No chalice dungeons are shit because the "extra content" is just the same 7-9 rooms tied together with slightly different enemies in them. Not to mention there's content locked to them.
Saying they're extra content is like saying the grind at endgame in MMOs is extra content.

Except you really can, the only stat that matters on your armor is beasthood and that's only if you're using beast blood pellets.

Damn did we play the same game, literally right out of the clinic you get a drop to sub 20.

And as for enemy design I mean the archtypes, not so much the bad actual presentation of a majority of the enemies.
"Large monster who does big sweeping attacks, hit his ass, watch out he has a jumpback or an AoE to get you"
"Human enemy who's slightly larger than you to help you tell where he is, he will be much faster and mobile than other enemies"
"Multiple boss fights where you fight multiple of the exact same enemy at once, or several with a slight variation, they will power up as you kill them!"
"Generic giant"

Also seriously, you wake up in a town, something's wrong, everyone's acting weird and trying to kill you, turns out some elderich horror was acting up because of blood. The blood turns normal things into monsters.
There's almost no horror aspect to it, there's generic reasoning for why the monsters are there and there's no actual expansion on the ideas presented outside of "well this sounds cool"

You did it champ, you're the guy.

Yeah dude, just like Skyrim has thousands of hours of content with 100% original dungeons and quests right?

thats your comeback for how 9ish rooms strung together over and over again is content?

I've played all the souls games and Bloodborne and enjoyed them all (albeit to varying degrees), but I dropped Dark Souls 3 and sold it on Amazon to recoup my money wasted on it. They've gotten so fucking lazy with the enemy/boss design, it's ridiculous. Why derive the game's difficulty from well-designed enemies/bosses when you can just crank up the damage they do, give them all infinite stamina, and make them permanently be in an attack animation?

I got to Oceiros the Consumed King and just had enough. The endless attacking, always keeping my stamina depleted whether I block or dodge, the shitty terrain making the camera freak out and make me lose track of myself, and the new technique of knocking me down and then viciously attacking me while I'm getting up and not in control of my character in order to kill me. Every fucking enemy and boss in the game works like this and I got sick of putting up with it. They're just never NOT attacking. Everyone and everything in this game just flails the fuck around like a perpetual motion machine.

But hey, it's "hard", right? As long as it's hard! Doesn't matter if it's a well-designed hard, just as long as it's hard! As long as we do that, our cancerous fanbase will keep licking our ass and screaming "git gud"!

You're talking mostly about game balance and enemy design. In DS3, many aspects were vastly improved such as bows, charging attacks, weapon arts, throwing weapons while running, better tracking, multi-directional roll, overall smoother movement, etc.

I'm not seeing how this is a negative point?

This isn't true at all, in my Greatsword build the fights against Soul of Cinder and Nameless King played very differently than a Longsword because of hyper armor.

I'll give you poise, because it's mostly useless. I would prefer if they removed the stat altogether and be like DeS.

Hyperarmor is just a more boring version of poise though, I'd rather they remove hyperarmor and add back poise so you actually had to care about what armor your are wearing when using heavy weapons.

Final fantasy 8 has a card game minigame system. Playing it can lead to some of the best weapons in the game.
I do not like this system and did not do it. I had no problem beating the game because this content was completely optional. It was there for people who enjoyed it even if i personally did not. I chose not to do it, beat the game and did not proceed to cry about it on the internet as though the entirety of the game should cater to my tastes alone because to do so would be choosing to act like a monstrously arrogant dickweed.

Does this analogous example cool that hurt bum? or are you just going to explode over how you dont like the thing again, ultimately resulting in wasting only your own time to do so?

That has nothing to do with the topic at hand though. Awful deflection attempt.

Holla Forums is that you?

Was the card game rng with randomly generated content?
Did the content that it gave offer new playstyles?

Except one is worked throughout the entire game and is an actual side mechanic.
The other is 9 rooms that you have to repeat multiple times to see a single unique boss it has. Other bosses it includes are normal enemies with more HP.

Also nice deflection again
So when can I get called an SJW or Reddit?

How is it more boring when DS1's poise would just let you stand still and not even flinch when attacked? I think it's far more engaging when you actually have to time your actions to tank through enemy's attacks like Perseverance.
Heavy armor probably needs a buff to flat defense, though.

>>>/reddit/
>>>/tumblr/

NAILED IT, CALL ME MOHAMED BECAUSE I'M A PROPHET

Does the chalice dungeons? at best you can get different gem slot version of weapons, thats it. Again 100% optional and in no way some grand crippling of the game if you dont like it and choose not to play it.

and you dont think some people liked the option to fight a boss again with different weapons in a way not involving going into NG+ and playing through the game up to those bosses again?
Its not for me but i dont shit the bed at its inclusion. It is 100% optional content. In no way does it effect the main game in any way more meaningful than "now my weapon does 7% more fire damage" level rewards.

You dont have to like it but citing it as some grand betrayal on fromsofts part that ruins the game is being an overreacting little bitch.

Embarrassing.

Right, they're randomly generated, so there naturally wouldn't be much variety. It's still extra content to play after you've beaten everything else. Plus there are bosses and loot unique to the dungeons that incentivize you to play them. They may not be the most exciting things in the world, but they are content that exists apart from the main game - especially for players who want a break from the area they're currently up to.

Yeah except chalice dungeons are BY DEFINITION extra content. Grinding in an MMO is inherent to the MMO genre. It's going to be in an MMO regardless of the game. Whereas chalice dungeons were never in the series before, never needed to be, and when they were actually included they brought something new to do in the game. To argue otherwise would make you a literal retard.

Possibly not, because based on the descriptions you give of the enemies and how armor works, it doesn't sound like you even played the fucking game. Not to mention that you spelled the title of the game - that you apparently played - wrong an absurd amount of times.

It sounds like you don't like anything lovecraft related nor anything souls related. So why did you even play/buy the game?

I'm assuming you went into your purchase (if you even fucking bought and played it) not knowing about the lovecraft stuff in it. So apparently your judgement told you that a souls game whose gimmick enemy was generic werewolf men is worth $50. And on top of that you already knew about the framerate, and about the gameplay overhauls. Yet you went ahead and made your purchase. But when the game surprises you with an interesting change of environment, enemy design, boss design, and mystery - when the game surprises you with bonus features like chalice dungeons - THAT'S when you complain about unoriginality? When the tone of the game shifts into surrealist horror themes, you assume this means the game is trying to make you piss your pants in fear? What kind of nonsense logic is that? Do you always have such fucking garbage opinions?

The enemy archetypes you described are universal to the series, and this game actually attempted to change that. But THIS game was the one that according to you had bad enemy designs. This game was the one which changed the typical "big guy with a big sword" bossfight patterns, that took its enemy designs from the necronomicon - but THIS game, according to you, was the one with "bad" enemy presentation. Everything you describe makes it seem like you just hate every game in the fucking series. So why do you continue to spend your money on them and play them?

This is actually the worst and most poorly explained opinion I've ever seen on the game. I'd actually rather see the typical shitposts from people who haven't played the game, than read a diatribe from someone who knows nothing about what they're talking about and tries to act like they do. Yes I mad.

Oh I get it, so you're not allowed to say anything is bad because you can ignore it?
That's awful reasoning there.

This just in no game is bad because if you ignore all the bad parts the game is good

So you're blinded by your own bais and incapable of dealing with someone who played the game disliking the generic nature of it all?
Seems to me like you really need to stop linking your entire being to what you own but whatever.

So lets break down how you're a dumbass
Except they were planned from the very start to be "a way to keep on playing". That's like saying Skyrim has extra content because there are randomly generated quests. It's as much content as grinding in an MMO, except you can't even talk in between, you just grind for souls to grind for materials to grind for gem drops to do either awful PvP or NG+29. Oh wait NG+ is already unlimited content by your shoddy definition.
Except it failed horribly, that's what makes it worse. It tried to change things and fell into the same old tired formula.
Armor doesn't work in the slightest. There's no poise, reduction has minimal effect, and the only status ailment that you run any risk of actually getting is based on your insight level more than your armor.

And that somehow excuses them picking the most generic ones?

I think you are confusing objectivity and subjectivity. Theres no need to go nuclear over it. I'm saying optional content that in no way mechanically effects the core experience in any meaningful way is as big a slight as something like mgsv not having an ending for example.

You dont have to like it but when you can play the entire game from cleric beast to moon presence and never touch it then it isnt exactly a dealbreaker when you are buying the game for said experience. It in no way ruins that.

Calm down and take a breath, lots of good games have shit side content thats optional and purely because its optional i dont flip my wig over it. Case in point P3 and 'the answer'. Its garbage, but its garabge that in no way changes my core experience.

You said you didnt like the pre build connected rooms, which is a fair opinion. You then compared it to mmo endgame gear treadmills where you repeat the same content for the best items in the game which is objectively incorrect.

Rather than push pause, breath and wonder if maybe you worded it poorly and seemed *gasp* wrong on the internet you lost your shit and went full defensive when you entire argument is comparing things that make no sense.

Just collect your thoughts before you post man.

Except your saying that you should purposefully overlook bad design choices in order to felate the game's ego.

Actually P3's the answer was garbage, and everyone here will agree that it shouldn't even be there.
You can't just ignore parts you don't like when looking at the game as a whole, and that's what you're ignoring

Except you need to do it for the best gems in the game. So it's exactly applicable

It's more boring from the perspective of builds because there used to be a reason to make sure you had sufficient poise when using slow weapons. I think a good compromise would be multiplying your poise when you swing with an attack that would give you hyperarmor. DaS2 did this but it was horribly balanced.

That's how you're being a faggot user

No i'm saying the optional parts do not effect the quality of the core experience.

Is english not your first language? Does that not make sense?

It's optional in the same way that upgrading weapons is optional in dark souls
I mean yeah, you can beat the game without doing it, but you're basically crippling yourself

Your original argument was

Does that sound the same as saying

Also you understand this is applicable to the entire covenant system of dark souls right?

Nice attempt to make yourself seem smart there though, try to not use onomatopoeia in your posts though makes you look stupider than you think.

Hey that'd be a valid complaint. People complain about covenants being shitty all the time

Except covenant rewards aren't locked behind repeating sets of the same ~10 rooms over and over.

hey be fair, grinding the same 6 enemies for covenant items in DS3 is awful because the online doesn't work well for those.

I took a look at the bosses, for the sake of my curiosity.

Humanoids with weapons: 10 (Iudex, Vordt, Watchers, Sullyvhan, Dancer, DS Armour, Gundyr x2, Lothric, Nameless, and the Soul of Cinder)
Wizards: 3 (Crystal Sage, Deacons, Aldrich)
Gimmicks: 3 (Yhorm, Wolnir, Wyvern)
Giants: 2 (Greatwood, Demon King)
Wildcard: 1 (Oceiros)

You are in no way crippling yourself. If anything the gems are crutches that make things far too easy.

Do they somehow cancel each other out? again objectivity and subjectivity
which is fine, this is a subjective opinion i can disagree with because even if i dont like it i know others do and therefore it is not entirely without merit since there are different subsets of plays in every souls game that like different things
Is objectively wrong because you are never roadblocked in the main game and forced to go there. Not once.

All i'm saying is its not for everyone, but this doesnt mean it somehow ruins the game as a whole product.

You do know this is a thread comparing BB and DS3, right?

Been standing outside the pontiffs room repeatedly doing the same thing for maguffins lately?

Came here to post this and see that it's the very first reply.

DaS3 deviated from the Souls formula. It wanted to be Bloodborne but didn't give the player the tools to deal with that. Infinite stamina enemies weren't fun in Dragon Shrine and they're not fun when they populate the entire game. Not being able to upgrade armor is a huge blow to the best parts of the game, hurting both viability of no-shield builds and the viability of going full Fashion Souls.

Also, I never once had a single invasion where I or the Invader / Host were synced so every matchup just ended up being two retards in armor swinging at air while their health depletes.

What this list actually means is pretty subjective, and there are some bosses where the definitions can be contentious, but you probably get my point.

It gave them the tools to be dark souls though, and then disabled them :^)

My point was you changed your argument, not that they necessarily conflict. You saw that no one agreed with your initial premise, so you changed it to a different one that is less likely to be disagreed with. Obviously optional parts, if they are purely optional and don't lock away content that a player would want, don't effect the quality of the core experience. But that was never the point of the discussion.

user's example of radiant quests in Skyrim are a good example. It's garbage content and it does make the game worse as a whole, since most players won't know to avoid it in the first place, meaning they have to suffer through it anyway. Including that content also took away time from the development team. Instead of finishing the Civil War questline in Skyrim they decided to make shitty repeatable quests. It's likely that the time the BB team spent could have been used to improve other areas of the game.

His second stage makes him not a humanoid with a weapon. I'd probably say 1/2 this category and 1/2 another.

Vordt's technically humanoid but his design's very different from that of a human. More like some sort of feral animal.

Same situation as Iudex. 1/2 of the boss fight involves a dragon + a humanoid. Wouldn't consider that non-human, but definitely not 100% human either.

Discounting all three of those would still leave a very large amount of bosses as humans, though.

Then perhaps go with this:

I still consider Vordt a humanoid with a weapon, since that's what he is, and he's not really special enough to get his own category. I also moved the Super Lothric Bros to the spiffy new ctaegory.

If dancer is a humanoid then so are the Lothrics.
Also, nameless king is basically a humanoid since the draogn is a fucking joke, that thing has like 3 different attacks.

This. Infinite stamina enemies and bosses are really just lazy design and not fun to fight. To make infinite stamina the default state for everything in the game (except the player of course) is just bullshit.

I prefer Bloodborne, but it isn't really fair because DaS 3 doesn't have its dlc yet.

Worse part is how everyone handwaves these issues away by yelling "git gud"

The community has become pure cancer. "Git gud" started as a meme and no is used completely unironically to silence complaint. I played all other games in the series but dropped Dark Souls 3 before completing it because infinite stamina enemies everywhere just became a chore and unfun. I hate seeing the series take this path, but it's rabidly defended because "mug git gud"

Well, if you consider the wyvern in the Nameless fight to be more of scene-setter to what is arguably the best fight in the game (at least for me), then sure. Also, are you saying that the Dancer isn't a humanoid with a weapon? She's fairly difficult to compare to the brothers fight.

Well then you're in luck, because this is the final game.

No, I was just saying if dancer counts as a humanoids, then twin princes should be humanoid.
Also, I thought Nameless was the second best, I think Soul of Cinder had lots of potential, it'd be great if he switched movesets more and had more moves in each moveset.

I know they say that, but the series is pulling in too much money to be the end. I don't believe it.

Soul of Cinder made me rock-hard in terms of both design and enjoyment to fight, but I was disappointed by the same things you were. Nameless King is just balls-to-the-wall Chinese cartoon tier, and I love it.

Bloodborne is unquestionably better. Speaking as someone who bought a PS4 specifically for both Bloodborne and Dark Souls III a few months ago, around the time they announced the new recommended specs for DaS3 on PC.

The chalice dungeons are not randomly generated, only the root chalices are randomly generated. Anything besides a root chalice has a predetermined layout, predetermined enemies and predetermined loot, so they very intentionally reused the same geometry in many dungeons. Not "7-9 rooms" like the other guy is claiming, but too many. The unique enemies and art assets in the chalice dungeons should have just been amalgamated into a single optional labyrinth level underneath Byrgenwerth.

The only reason the chalice dungeons are truly bad is because they're not wholly optional content, not if you want to try all of the weapons, because an integral part of one of the most interesting builds is locked away in a depth 4 chalice dungeon for some inexplicable reason.

It's like they moved everything around at the last minute, too. You go to Yahar'gul, go to the end of the street, and pick up the Tonitrus. Then you fight Darkbeast Paarl, and get the Spark Hunter Badge, which unlocks the purchase of the Tonitrus and Bolt Paper from the bath messengers. You should just pick up the Spark Hunter Badge at the end of the street and then get the Beast Claws from Paarl instead, since they're said to be made from the bones of a darkbeast. Or you could get them from killing the suspicious beggar, another darkbeast. Instead you go to the Nightmare Frontier, fight an Amygdala, get a Loran chalice, and get the Beast Claws there, after you've made it to the depth 3 chalices so that you can get enough Ritual Blood (4).

I can't believe fucking retards like you say shit like this. Here's why.

So to say "poise would let you stand still and not even flinch" is fucking retarded because that's what poise means, to remain steady when a force tries to move you.

Obviously, he was trying to cure you of your ignorance but I guess you're too much of a lost cause.

You morons can't into reading comprehension. This isn't about what poise means or what it should be, it was about comparing two different mechanics (poise vs hyper armor).

If poise not being in is intended and a mechanic, then explain why there's a poise stat in-game, armors give different amounts of poise and why some items specifically increase your poise?

read