Nier Automata

I've been too busy lately to follow all news so I don't know how many details are known about Nier Automata right now, but I just skimmed through a recent Japanese interview and summed up the most important parts from it.

archive.is/fh10I

Anything else I'm missing that we know? The game looks great to be frank.

Other urls found in this thread:

nier2.com/blog/category/yorha/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looks great. Hope it's cuhrayzee.
Just wish it wasn't exclusive.
Not on next gen yet and I don't want to be shoehorned into one platform

It all makes sense now.

I might get a cheap ps4 for this, if i can find one around 150 dollars.

It be cool if the box had "A Game By Taro Yoko" j it. Would get his name out faster.

I can see clearly now the rain is gone.

Thanks for lending your moonrune deciphering powers, user.

Don't have the screencap handy but Emi Evans confirmed on Twitter her return for the music.Which makes me wonder why we have to suffer that cringefest of the new main theme…

Would rather play as A2 but I guess I'll have to pre-order on my favorite retailer or some bullshit like that.

Anyway, main theme aside, the game looks fantastic so far.Would like to be unconditionally hyped but I'm weary of Squenix's cuckiness (like how they self-censored Star Ocean because of Western fee fees before anyone in the West said anything) and P* being a little bent out of shape lately. Hopefully this won't be the return of the MGRR camera.
Environment graphics look like the standard P* ghetto fare but it's something I'll gladly take for a stable frame rate.

This game is looking better and better by the day.

Who's that cutie with the blindfold in the thumbnail?

Didn't Star Ocean suffer from issues other than censorship? I saw some Nip reviews and it was mostly hated over there.

Raiden

Considering the sobering pardon the pun content of his games, I don't blame him.

Anyway, ounds like it's just going to be Nier, but with better gameplay. Sounds good.

Yeah. I have no doubts about Platinum and Yoko Taro, but S-E's involvement worries me. Do we know anything about who is localizing? Is it 8-4 again? It would be a shame if we got another Drakengard 3. I know that 8-4 did Nier as well, but the meddling they did with D3 was entirely absent (as far as I know) from Nier.

Didn't Taro also mention in Grimorie Nier or somewhere else that he came up with the entire premise of Drakengard 1 while drunk?

8-4 was in charge of Rising as well, and it didn't seem bad.
We don't know who's localizing it. I agree though; I can only hope that in the case 8-4 are the ones in charge of Automata's lcoalization (which is very likely) they won't mess it up nearly as much as they did with DoD3

You know the kid saying "Cowabunga"? That was added by 8-4.
Did you also know that there was a sentient talking wooden sword who would comment as you played and the story progressed with Snake's voice? That was removed outside of Japan.

Oh. I mean, I'd like to believe it was voice actor problems, but David Hayter was still around then, wasn't he? Seems like laziness.

Jeez, where XSEED when you need them?

Toobie

tooby a cute

Waifu material spotted.
There's probably some Rule 34 where someone is fucking her eye sockets out there.

Dont worry, PS4 will now have 3 games with Nier Automata

What are the other 2? Bloodborne and…?

Comiket will deliver.

EDF 4.1

I love it.

Ah. I forgot about EDF.

There's Bloodborne, Ni-Oh, NieR, EDF 4.1, and maybe The Last Guardian if you're into that. Plus the Kojimbo game.
I'd say Shadow of the Beast, but I know people wouldn't get a console just for that.

I retract my statement.
I just can't like 8-4 when they pull this shit.

Comiket had better deliver. I swear to god if the YoRHasluts don't get more doujins than the Intoners or Kainé I'm gonna be pissed.

>Only 1 NTR-ish Zero doujin

I'm mad

Yoko Taro is a mad genius and I feel like I'm learning the art of narrative shitposting. This shit is more convoluted than the Zelda timeline by several powers of ten.

Death Stranding will be also on PC. So it does not count.

Yeah, supposedly the biggest problem with Star Ocena 5 isn't the panties, but that the game is terrible and feels unfinished.

What I did for Bloodborne

I was reading that drakengard-3.com or whatever website about the YoRHa plays that were held in the past few years. Story sounds pretty awesome. Earth was invaded by an alien species that planted "living machines" onto the world. It drove the humans out of existence on earth, and the humans fled to low earth orbit and the Moon. Androids were made by humans on the Moon and sent them to the Earth to fight the living machines. The year was 11939, and some of the operations were reminiscent of our WW2, where the androids landed in Hawaii and some Atoll Island on the same date as a battle that was on Feb 7 1942, but 10,000 years later in their universe.

I would really love to see if Platinum/Squeenix have you doing atmospheric re-entry and landing, going to and from the Moon, but that's probably not going to happen. It seems like you have already landed and joined the Resistance already on Earth. I don't know if Resistance are also older androids from previous Descent Wars or not.

Embed is some song from it, 58 seconds to 1:38 are absolutely horrible, but I like the dissonant orchestra and the lady's voice going on and on. If only they added DnB to the song.

Info from the play was at
nier2.com/blog/category/yorha/

I just hope it doesn't follow Platinum's recent trend of mediocrity

Sauce or you're full of shit.

I just want to know how ANYONE survived the events of Nier other than Emil

Well, shit. Fuck those guys.