Video Games Thread

What video games have you played lately, Holla Forums?
Would you recommend 'em? Y/N

Been playing alot of dungeon crawlers, smt SJ in particular. Probably the best in the series.

played dishonored for the first time.
no

The last game I've played was Battlefield 2.

Fuck yeah, if you haven't played it please do.

Shit didn't mean too post that twice.

Old School Runescape

I just finished Arx Fatalis.

It sucks I had to kill the dragon to get enough dragon eggs to do the ultimate weapon enchantment & make that potion for Lord Inut to return him from a chicken into a man so he'd give me his powerful sword. I didn't try to fight Akbaa with it since I was told he could only be harmed with that meteor enchantment, but it was super strong against other stuff & caused hitstun which was really useful. Lichs were a breeze with Lord Inut's sword when they used to be such a chore.

Apparently the cult of Akbaa just wanted to bring back Arx' sun so they could return to the surface, but the ending scenes show there was civilization on the surface of Arx. If Am Shagar stayed there any longer he'd probably become powerful enough to restore the sun himself but he had to follow the rurus.

Pretty good, slow-paced, comfy RPG. Interesting world, interesting magic mechanics, cool secrets, relaxing exploration; would recommend.

Bloodborne: Cannot put it down. Platinum'd it ages ago but just keep coming back. My bloodborne machine is my bloodborne machine because I don't want to play any of the other games I have for it, not because it doesn't have them.

SMT4: Boring. I usually like SMT but I absolutely cannot get into this. Maybe its the art style.

Witcher 3: Can't get into this either. The open world is fucking boring and empty and the combat is really mediocre.

Pokemon X: After getting turned off from pokemon by the R+S remakes despite them being my favorite gen coming back feels fresh. Good pokemon games if way too easy, looking forward to Sun and Moon now.

Etrian Odyssey. Ive been grinding, but also making gradual progress through the levels. Im not very far, though.
Id recommend it if it gets better from here

While its no better than a theif game or the first few splinter cells, i would generally recommend a pirate if youve exhausted all the genre can provide

played it before, a lot longer than i remembered, ranking system still inherently breaks the any strategy aspects butoverall still enjoyable

i would be lying if i said i wasn't having a fun time with it, but i still feel like a dumb goy because it has so few maps and game types

I haven't played a video game since I got my own place and started working at a job. All of my free time is spent

It's not that I just have NO TIME EVER. It's just that video games are so shit right now that they're in terminal ultra-low priority. The most fun I had in months was putting CFW on my 3DS – not actually playing all the 50 games I pirated afterwards mind you, just the process of installing the CFW.

Shantae riskys revenge
Yes, absolutely, I don't know what it is about it it's comfy as fuck.
Also Tabletop racing. Average.

Been playing platformers recently. Dustforce is a 10/10, I'd even say it comes close to having perfect gameplay.
Highly recommend it to all of you niggers.

Dont hold your breath for the postgame, user

Maybe you should look into tech. Sounds like it might be more fun than vidya for you.

Nothing, Absolutely nothing.

All art is meaningless anyway.
I considered art and expression to be the ultimate meaning of life unless you include religion/God which I don't personally believe in. Living to consume 'higher' media to find 'answers' and, maybe, create something into the world myself and leave an imprint for after I die, immortalizing myself in this manner.
Now I suddenly understand the daunting realization that there is not really any point. You won't find any higher meaning or answers in art due to the simple fact that it's made by ordinary people just like you and not some kind of 'higher' authority.
That really strips the meaning of 'art' of all validity and instantly turns everything into 'entertainment' – something to waste your time on, something to make time go by while you are waiting for your inevitable demise. You won't find anything, no matter how hard you look, which makes it all inherently meaningless entertainment and merely a brain-teaser in the end. The percieved 'difference' really is only in the nuance of technique.
For that reason, all art is merely entertainment and there is no point in trying to elevate it from anything else, give it special definitions and, really, argue about it.

So nothing, Been having these thoughts for a past couple a months (after almost a year-long break-up depression) and I feel like all my emotions have been blocked for the past two months. Maybe it's 5-HTP I've been having, but it didn't do anything for me before at all, so even with a bigger dose I don't think it can have such an impact.

It's like there was always something mystical about the world and vidya and exploration and discovery and stories and discussions about game design and mechanics and now some sort of switch has been flipped in my brain and as soon as I start getting into something my mind goes into 'you DO undestand it's just a collection of pixels and you're just a collection of matter' schtick and I suddenly cannot get into it anymore. These last couple of months have been horrible because of that, can't bring myself to give a shit or play anything or DO anything. Or I can, but still don't feel a thing.

Besides, MGSV was my last hope and it felt really disappointing. The only thing I am waiting for now is Zero Escape 3 and if even this turns out to be shit (it probably will) I feel like I'm offing myself.

NInjustice
Short game but really fun. It's really simple gameplay and the only thing you can improve is you charge attack and stamina and health. The enemies get tougher in the 4th part of the game. so I would recommend stocking up on upgrades and abilities

I-20000
Another small game but really hard. I haven't beaten it yet. It's a shoot 'em up that emphasises killing off the larger enemies before they get on screen. You are a submarine and you need to use sonar to find out where they are.
Also the sea slugs take 10 shots to kill

I got both of them at playism-games

Classic Doom – Of course i'd recommend this.
Rocket League - Always fun, especially ranked mode with Friends.

Gothic - .. I have no idea what the fuck i'm doing, the controls are so shit. I'm trying my best to strength my way through it but.. I don't know.

That's really all i've played the last 4 days. I ordered a GTX 1070 two weeks back, but it's yet to come.

Isn't it pretty much dead with AS + OR being the new hot shit?

KOF 2002 UM. It's a really solid entry in the series, even if the online is a little bit dead. I think I may have finally found my mains after today's session. Tell me how good this sounds. Kasumi/Kyo-2/Terry

all you need my dude

The mobile port of dragon quest 1 is really good. It plays perfectly on phone, and since you can basically play a life, it works well on public transit.

Yeah, well, there's a reason I've only got one year left before I get my Electrical Engineering BS. This whole

thing has thrown such a wrench into everything though. If I want to eat I have to cook, if I want to eat well I have to cook well, cooking takes time to research and then time to execute. I was gonna build another Nixie clock this summer in my free time after my day job, but HA HA HA NO YOUR GERMAN BLOOD HUNGERS FOR PUMPERNICKEL BAKE, LITTLE MAN

BAKE

Oh, I did play a little NEVER EVER today though. That made me smile. Whoever did the soundstage fucked it up though because there are scenes where the right channel of BGM cuts in and out.

Started replaying it out of boredom. I still love it. Though I'm a sucker for anything burning red with JUSTICE

Fun. Not really in depth or that complex, even for a Kirby game, but the visuals are dazzling and the nods to the series are all incredibly well done. The final boss in particular is fantastic.

I like it, but I'm too computer retarded to get a non-shareware version running on my setup.
I do keep coming back and trying to though, so I'll eventually get it.
More than anything it makes me want to try out Quake, Serious Sam, and all those FPSs from before my time I missed out on.

I am so sorry.
I really fucking hope for your sake you didn't get the Flounder's Edition, because at that point say good bye to any sort of boostclock with all the thermal throttling those cards have been having.

Cant you just download a source port and the .wads? How can you not get doom running?

Alrighty, here's something I was amused by the other night.

So it turns out there's a restaurant called "Rockpool" that's a "3 Hat Michelin rated" establishment, and that although she was supposed to be acting "proper" and "sophisticated" she couldn't resist picking up get cooked chicken and eating it with her fingers.

I had no fucking idea what was going on, it was great.

I'm playing the original game mode, so I can't comment on the Muramasa system. I'm alright with the old system, but fighting aerial and ground enemies at the same time can be very annoying. You'll try to strike an enemy in the air, then land to eat an attack. Doesn't help that enemies don't suffer much stun when you hit them(although there is a setting for this). Excellent port. It runs very well. I'm greatly enjoying my first playthrough of Odin Sphere, even if it's kicking my ass a bit.

It's a romhack that adopts the manga. I have very few complaints. It's great so far. Gets tough if you're like me and don't grind. I'd recommend it if you've read the series. It's pretty fun.

Alone in the Dark the first one is a lot of fun, but it isn't really scary. It might be unnerving at times, when nothing is happening and you have to explore the mansion, not knowing what might happen. The main reason I think the game is not scary, is because the soundtrack is too fucking groovy and fun to listen for a horror game, and it completely breaks my immersion, and the hand to hand combat is hilarious, the pose of the main character is so wonderfully old-fashioned and gentlemanly that I cannot help but smile.

Although I have admit, I got scared a few times when a monster jumped at me from the window.

Pretty cool game.

The new Dwarf Fortress update is great, the personality stuff really fuels my roleplaying autism.

Zakharov OCC. Got the Terraforming project, made a fuckhuge mountain to the east of my base, plastered echelon/collector/crawlers all over it. I can tech on ~30% and still get breakthroughs every five turns without even being in market.
Even though the Spartans bumrushed three or four factions, control like the entire main continent and declared vendetta on sight, they're not sending any forces worth a damn.

Disposable income, no interest in AMD, atleast not priror to the RX 480, but as long as NVIDIA is going to gimp everyone with their Gameworks and offer Shadowplay, i'll be all over it.

Besides, i'm upgrading from a 770 so anything is a big upgrade at this point.

Gigabyte G1 Gaming was the one i ordered.

>MH Gen demo yuropoor so i got it for free
The styles are fun to fuck around with, though i'm pretty sure i'll wait and see how the yuropean version turns out in terms of "localization". If it's bad then i'll wait until they crack 11 and pirate the translated version.
Almost complete with both, but i wont rest till i get the par times, so i'll have a lot to do after that.

>Pokemon yellow on the 3ds
My first ever pokémon game. I hope i started on the good one please don't stone me
My party's pikachu/mankey/butterfree/nidoran female/spearow/pigey. Just got through mt.moon. Next would be to fuck up misty.

they would have to try really fucking hard to "localize" monster hunter since the game has barely any dialogue to start

(Begrudgingly checked)

Daily Reminder.

They removed armor sets/weapons from mh4u

elaborate

I'm playing Pokken Tournament

Its fun

I've been playing eternal crusade lately since I don't mind dealing with a game being in an alpha as fuck state currently. It's fun but if anyone is expecting a completed game it currently isn't for them. Just had a patch introducing a new in progress faction and changing accuracy and supressing fire. It's a fun community mostly and I enjoy having people to fuck around with in a shooter like how a 30 min defense map devolved into barrens chat.

user posted about it yesterday in the gen thread.

Finished my marathon of dark souls games a while ago. Dark Souls 1 is fun, with the open-ended and connected world, would recommend. Dark Souls 2 is not nearly as good as Dark Souls 1, but is still worth a playthrough if you really, REALLY want to play it. Dark Souls 3 is not that bad, although the "poise is working as intended" problem is still there, and the fact that many weapons and non-buff spells are not really viable if you would like to play online with others. NG+ for 3 is very barebones and not really worth your time as well.

Other than that, I played Salt and Sanctuary and thought it was alright, it hit a lot of spots that Dark Souls 1 does, but it really feels more like a SOTN-style castlevania game with the brands you aquire, would recommend.

Rabi-Ribi was another title that I played and beat recently, and I very much enjoyed it. Platformer/Bullet Hell Shmup/VN with castlevania style map and exploration. The boss fights and exploration are the real meat of the game, and it does it very well. Character customization comes in the form of paper mario style badges and base stat power-ups. Provides an actual challenge, even on normal mode. There is post-game content in the form of boss rushes, and there are plenty of difficulty settings after hard mode, for those who wish for a greater challenge, would recommend.

The only problem now is that I have no idea what to play, I have just been lurking for 3 days now, not a single game played. Just working and lurking. I have hopes for Zero Escape 3 though.

Styles are very fun, and I recommend you try all the styles on the weapons you prefer, as they change how the weapons play quite a bit.

Are you still in the first stratum? What's your party? I just got to the second stratum and I have been neglecting it for a while. I'll get back to it eventually.

I got Heart of the Swarm for 5 bucks recently.

The writing is horrible, and the voice acting is incredibly stiff. Whoever decided that was the right voice for Izsha needs to be shot. Abathur is ok, though.

Game itself doesn't seem bad, though. I've never been any good at zerg in both 1 and 2, and that hasn't changed, but the flash freeze mission was kinda neat.

Tried 2 of the co-op missions with a friend, but my protoss is incredibly rusty. Even with instant warping in, he did most of the legwork in those. They're fun, though.

Looks really nice and comfy and is not that bad of a game. But I'm getting back to it now, and on the second run I start noticing way more of the flaws. I haven't modded it yet, though, so stuff is probably fixable.

It's pretty charming. I like the voice acting, and it's been a while since I've played such a story heavy game. The game controls like ass, though (with mouse + keyboard). There's some massive mouse acceleration that I've not been able to turn off, so trying to do a small quick movement usually becomes a >180° turn.

Drains tons of time, but I've had fun with it. I don't think I'll ever get tired of platoon strength galaxy drops or massive combined arms assaults. You need a good platoon leader who uses voice chat, though.
LOYALTY UNTIL DEATH
STRENGTH IN UNITY
Yes, but PB is much better. There are tons of new weapon and monster variants.

Mirrors Edge. I dont know why but its a lot more fun on the second playthrough. Played some Uncharted 2, but its boring. I'm on chapter 18 and I hope it ends soon, I dont hate it but I do not get the love.

Also played Yakuza 1 and 2 HD on PS3. I love it, but I'm glad walkthroughs exist for import games.

I've been playing through MGSV since I had to stop to study for exams, and I'm about halfway through right now.

From a gameplay perspective it's pretty good - the controls are better than ever and there's more freedom than any other game in the series. The problem is that even with that it gets really repetitive really quickly, especially since there's about 2 boss fights and not a lot of variety in the environments.
Plus, I hate how fucking long everything takes, from the developments to base development and combat deployment, it takes hours to get shit done. It's like one of those p2w mobile games. I think you're supposed to do online shit to boost it, but I bought it on xbox like a retard and I'm not getting Live. But I'm just rambling.

Anyway, I would recommend it since I've had my share of fun, but it's still disappointing and frustrating in equal measures.

Been playing Pokemon Trading Card Game Online. For a free to play game, I'm really surprised how much the give you for free.

I've got over 3000 cards and I haven't even spent a dime, the game just shits booster packs and in-game currency out at you.

Also someone decide what I should get for my vita; Samurai Shodown Anthology or Metal Slug XX? I can't decide and vita general is slow.

It has good gameplay, lots of content and cute anime girls. Everything I could ever want in a game.
It's alright.
It's pretty fun but I don't know if I'd pay full price for it.

Yeah i was thinking of pirating the original and having a blast with it again.
The only real good part about it is it's pure gameplay, so if it bores you, then i doN't really think you should force yourself.

They fucked gunlance with the heat thing, but aerial funlance's great.
SnS aerial isn't as good as i thought it would be but adept bushido style's pretty good.
I never ever touched dual blades at all before, but that fucking aerial spin and downwards spin while demonizing is top notch.
LS styles are pretty much okay, nothing especially good that i noticed yet or fit my playstyle.
Somehow HH doesn't feel good at all. Though i never got into/switched to the new HH system. I mained HH for a long while in FU and still haven't found my peace with it's new system so i switched.
I haven't even touched the new weapons (CB/IG/SA)
I played a very little bow back in fu but never got the taste of it, but i think i'll try it out in the demo.

Ever played metal slug? If not it's instant metal slug.

DS3

even made a really shitty short video of some pyro pvp

I swear I'll edit better when the urge to play the game doesn't overpower anything else computer-related

Can anyone recommend some games like La Mulana? ie difficult, exploration based, need to take notes?

myst

Which one, Mirror's Edge or Uncharted 2? Because I hated ME my first playthrough years ago, but for some reason now its completely got me hooked.

If we're talking about U2, I kinda want to finish it because its been on my shelf for 3 years, but I just cant care for it.

Nah i meant ME.

It's pretty in-depth and it seems I'm not autistic enough to be good at it yet. Does anyone have tips?

Ok, because I was wondering at first if Uncharted 1 somehow had more gameplay than the second. Which isnt much, its putting me to sleep.

I finished The Neverhood and am about to try Armikrog. If you faggots didn't try so hard to make the game's success a religious statement, I would have done so much sooner. You're all SJWs, just for your side.

I didn't had so much fun in a very long time.

Boohoo cry more nigga.
Here's your reply.

Paper Mario
It's comfier than a motherfucker. Timed hits aren't hard, but some are tricky, so you still have to be engaged at all times in combat. It's rewarding to be able to do shit you probably should put off for another chapter just because you're good at timed hits, though.

This series being ruined is a fucking travesty. The sooner we return to pre-SPM, the better.

This is clearly bait. Don't give them attention, you fool.

No matter what games i play, i always come back to pic related eventually?

I just love it way too much. I finished the main game and Return to Na-Pali a lot of times and yet i never gets old for me.

Do you guys know map packs for UG or UT? I've only played Operation Na-Pali.

After just having gotten off the first Paper Mario (which was outstanding in my opinion), the first ten minutes of this game all show so much noticable improvment.
Allys have health now, and can use items.
Some enemies are more specific than jsut 'Jump OR Hammer'
The Ability to defend, the star point system
All feel like very nice, Natural Advancements of the series
All the while the original charm of the first game is back in full force.

Jeez I cant adjust to these controls
I wanted to start with this before I got into Ace Combat but man I just cant
Its hard to grasp and the amount I did grasp just made the game feel boring
Heres Hoping Ace Combat hooks me in better, I have higher hopes for it.
Soundtrack is fantastic though.

On a side note, I am about to start Victoria 2 after never having played it and being garbage at stratagy games.
Can anyone give me some advice?

Killer Instinct, Smash Bros wii u and Overwatch right now. Season 3 of KI is great, and smash and OW are also great.

Odin Sphere remake for the PS4.

Highly recommend. 10 hours in so far, it has a fantastic story and great gameplay, but it's sort of repetitive.

I have no idea what Intel has to do with NVIDIA.

Then there's also the case that i have an Intel processor but.. it's because it feels like they've performed better in general?

Then again, Zen does look pretty interesting, if it really does have the onboard graphics it claims it has.

Dude theres nothing wrong with yellow man. Dont even know why you thought there would be.
Like what you like mate. I personally prefer Leaf Green, as I feel the remakes only improve off the originals.
Only thing I really hate about Yellow is IIRC you cant evolve your pikachu in it, and as a Kid Raichu was my favorite pokemon.
Great taste my nigga.

I'm disgusted with myself for buying my laptop/toaster that has intel hardware.
It was cheap at the time and I needed one in a hurry as my last one got fucked

just finished playing tasty blue
really fun, from the makers of the tasty planet flash games, the point of the game is the same, except that you play as fish and it controls like another flash game about moby dick
i liked all the levels (except for one or two where you had close to no actual gameplay)
liked the bonus levels too (loved the pacman one)
ending was rad

blogpost It's literally my first pokemon game, as in i never played any before so i don't know shit about it (editions and such). I saw some episodes of the anime when it reached our country, but never got the opportunity to play the games. The truth is that the only retro games that i ever played were cheap bootleg nes exitebike/duckhunt/super mario. I started pokemon like 3/4 days ago. I'm still figuring a lot of it out. blogpost/

Oh you didnt mean its the first one you played as a kid
You meant this is your first time playing one.
I was confused.
I would still recommend on starting on either Fire Red or Leaf Green if you arent too into the game yet.
Again, they are just better versions of Red/Blue/Yellow (You just dont start with pikachu)
Granted thats just my opinion.

Why the hell would you use a reaction image from that specific movie.
That's so weird.

I played Fallout 4, and it's left me completely underwhelemed. It's not even bad enough to get me angry, it's just disappointing in almost every manner. It's the Skyrim to Fallout 3's Oblivion.

The biggest problem I have with the game are the settlements. In Fallout 3,m, there were all sorts of super neat quest lines that had interesting plots to do, and in 4 they replaced all those quests with the settlement system. That would have been fine, except for the big problem with settlements: They make the game world less alive than ever before. In the previous game, it always felt like people were scraping by in the wasteland, and people would give you quests because they didn't have the time to do them. Now in FO4, the settlements just sit there and do nothing except complain unless you AND ONLY YOU do something about it.

Who the fuck made that design decision? When I downloaded the game, I thought it was going to be fun supporting settlements. I thought I would come into town, dump a bunch of supplies for them, and come back later with the town built up even more. Instead I get a bunch of chucklefucks that rely on you for literally everything.

007scape
Streets of Rage 1 & 2
Golden Axe
Mortal Kombat 9
Budokai 3

Sure. I'm not that far in at all, just passed mt moon. Guess i'll get one from those. I guess the starter pokemons respond to the color of the edition, or do all have the 3 starter?

I've been playing the PC port of the 2009 A Boy and his Blob developed by WayForward. It's a cute little game, there's a designated "hug the blob" button. If that alone doesn't already make you want the game then I don't know if it's right for you.

Been playing stellaris with a few friends. It's got some problems for sure, but it's been fun. Nice to see another space 4x that's a little more accessible than aurora.

Yellow is a fine place to start. The pokemon games are highly derivative upon themselves, so every subsequent gen just adds more mons, changes story, etc. Starting with other recent ones might actually be worse, due to the hugely bloated pokedex.

There's a lot of games, and each one is fairly lengthy. Still, if you want to play them all, you might even want to play the remakes along with the originals.

The colors determine some of the mons in the game, usually legendaries. All 3 have the same starters

The analogy doesn't work when each subject is equally shit
Have you perchance tried New Vegas?

I've been playing Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, Samurai Warriors 4-II, and been going back to PS2-era Warriors series from Koei.

Dead Space 2 and 3 are fun but I've been on my PS4 more than my PS3.

Only other games I've shown interest are Max Payne 3, Call of Duty for the zombies, and MOH European Assault.

checked
I see. Then i'll continue and play the newer ones later. Thanks user.

I guess i'll do the level 1 pokemon to lvl 100 sometime later when i figured which i'll go with.

Got gifted Overcuck for my b-day recently.

It was okay even somewhat fun at first but after a while you realize that the game is made specifically that no one player can succeed on his own accord.
There is always a faggot hero that completely hard-counters yours and there literally nothing you can do.

I feel so disgusted I played for as little as I did.

elaborate

it is a team based game, in a way i consider it a good thing that babbies can't get carried by one good player

Was playing Etrian Odyssey Untold but dropped it after it was explained to me just how shit it is and I don't care enough to set up an emulator to play a real EO game

Yea but there is no long term incentive to play. You can never be the best because some fucker will just press 'q' (your ultimate) and completely wipe the team.

A team based game shouldnt put hamstring the gifted player just because everyone else sucks. How shit would baseketball be if some players had to crouch walk everywhere to make fair for the shorter players?

Thats some Harrelson Bergeron shit

AoE2.
It's good. Especially with the 500 pop cap though I barely ever get over 200 because I'm fucking shit at this game. Also the multiplayer isn't dead which is surprising. There's always heaps of public multiplayer games around.

Yes.
Setting up a game soon so if you have the HD edition go look for a game called "Just Fugging Join" to play with other Holla Forumsirgins.

Yes. Due to the nature of the game, you will most likely be changing out party members as you progress. The games also let you transfer pokemon to other versions, so you can move a mon over to another game and continue the grind to 100 there (good luck going from 3DS to GBC, either on emulator or physical)

DeSmuME is easy to set up, and using the mouse to interface with the touch screen works better than I thought it would

I've been playing Underrail lately. It's almost as of I had forgotten how to play a real RPG.

Do I recommend it? Fuck yeah I do! Best recent rpg.

Beat Megaman 2 a while ago and I loved it but there's some stuff I didn't liked

One is having to use the Crash Bomber to defeat the Boobeam Trap, having the exact ammo and not being able to refill (unless you killed yourself) if you fucked up. Also, is there a way to dodge that fucking attack?
And then you fight all the robots and Willy, Willy is weak to the Crash Bomb but of course you used it up on the previous boss, am I just supposed to get a game over?

That kinda pissed me off but I still had a great time, of course I played it on hard. After that I decided to try it out on easy and I went through all bosses in the last stage without dying once.

I've been playing some rhythm thief, and it's probably the most bloated piece of software I've ever seen.

I just wanted a fun vidya where I can groove out and do some wacky shit to the beat. The rhythm games are fun, but there's also an extremely cheesy (whilst trying to take itself seriously) story w/ a bullshit, tacked-on, hidden-item, tap-all-over-the-screen-until-you-get-carpal-tunnel collect-a-thon, insultingly easy puzzles, vomit-inducing voice acting, and a masturbatory amount of flaunting "french culture".

I get that there's not much sustenance to a set of rhythm games, but did they really need to pad the content out with anime cutscenes, long dialogue conversations, and writing straight from third grade? I just want to press buttons to some nice music! If they'd just spent less time on the bullshit, and more time on making more rhythm games, I feel like I could get a lot more enjoyment out of it.

The actual rhythm games are fun and unique though. There's even one that's a homage to Space Channel (both games are made by SEGA).

This user is correct in that all 3 have the same starters, however in yellow you start with pikachu and acquire the others throughout the course of the game.
Yellow is basically Pokemon: The anime: The game

Finally found a game I played a few times on one of those old '100 Shareware DOS Games' CDs my grandfather had when I was a kid, wasn't quite as amazing as I remember it being, but still decent fun for a moment.

Just got my 3DS hacked up recently and there are some good games on the system.

Bravely Default – the best Final Fantasy game.

Liberation Maiden – fun arcadey action game where you drive a mech around shooting at shit. Interesting control scheme (steer with left hand on c-stick and dpad, aim with stylus on bottom screen) that gives the game almost a mouse and keyboard level of control, but unfortunately it's not nearly as comfy as mouse+keyboard and exhausts my left hand after about 10 minutes. It's quite fun though.

Final Fantasy Theatrhythm – like Elite Beat Agents, but with a more polished feel and most of the music is better (no jumpin jack flash though). Really fun, would recommend, but the blatant judaism in the song choices is disgraceful. Pirate the DLC to bypass the kikery and this is the best successor to EBA I've played.

Shin Megami Tensei 4 – digging it. Nobody ever told me that SMT is like Pokemon with (sometimes rather lewd) demons; I thought it was just another faggy fatlus visual novel disguised as a jrpg. The artwork on a lot of the demons is cool and I genuinely want to catch 'em all. Oh yeah, and it actually has a certain level of challenge on hard mode.

Persona Q – really cool, great feel and art direction, but god damn are the visual novel portions of the game too long. It's interesting enough to make toughing that part of it out worthwhile for me though, at least so far.

I tried EO4. Really loved the dungeon crawling in the tutorial dungeon but the zeppelin flying part of the game turned me off so bad that I haven't launched it since then. Not sure whether I could recommend it or not.

Oh yeah, I tried this too while looking for decent rhythm games. What a pile of shit.

webm related

Damn I would love to play a post apocalyptic game set in Japan but it's mainly aliens and most infrastructure is brand new and not blow up. As if humans just disappeared.

rhythm heaven megamix is out user. paradise (yuro version) will be only be out in october kill me

World feels huge
Tons of shit to see and do and explore
Assload of side quests and optional content
Too bad combat feels so plinky and weightless. This could have been a really heavy hitting action RPG, but instead battles are drawn-out and lacking in impact and padded with a lot of wait time while different meters charge and build up.

not aliens but the catastrophe games arent that bad iirc.

I felt the story and world made up for lots of it though.
I don't know what it is, but I'd avoid the story in the game at all costs.
I'd do all side quests and collection shit then reward myself with the story.

It's a shame you couldn't save after beating final boss.
Really annoyed me

played warcraft 3 again recently after i remembered i punched my cd key into bnet years ago

i dont understand how people like this kind of rts. starcraft 2 i had some fun with because of infinite sized control groups and more responsive movement for micro, but this game just takes all the things i didnt like about sc2 and amplifies them. not being able to queue anything like all blizzard rts is an unnecessary complication and adding that to your small control groups and way more active abilities for all your spellcasters, support units, and hero and it just makes the game frustrating to play more than anything. even being mildly effective takes a ridiculous amount of apm, not because it's necessary but because the game is designed to be that way. it's kinda sad because w3 does a lot of interesting things with the genre, though nowadays i guess it's less interesting since it's all been stolen by assfaggots.

i recommend total annihilation or other more macro-heavy rts instead.

Kirby Triple Deluxe's best quality is perhaps its music.

And it's cuteness.

It's platforming isn't a true deviation, but then, how much can action platforming really do while appealing to such a broad audience?

Fun fact: You can play local multiplayer with as many players as you want with just one copy of the game. Just install it on multiple comps, then pass the disk around to get past the initial disk check and start the game. Shit's hilarious.

there really is no going back is there

I am cheesed off that nintendo did not include functionality to allow you to just use both tap input and button input. I have a fuckin' zillion hours in rhythm tengoku gold and so I am straight up trash at RTG games when trying to play with buttons, but 99% of the rest of the games in there play like trash with the tap interface, so I find myself going through four levels of menus– with loading screens– to play RTG games. meanwhile remixes just ream my asshole, no lube.

why does UI shit perpetually evade nintendo

The industry is over. I've heard of kids asking, "Oh, what kind of DLC did the game have?" about Gamecube titles.

You must be 18 or older to use this site.

Fuck this gay earth.

For the record, the GC did have an internet adapter, albeit only useful for Phantasy Star Online
The 360 is already 10 years old, and the Dreamcast is almost old enough to post on 8ch

the ultimates are all kind of shit unless you make an insane flank, since using it against one player is a waste, and the nature of them (loud battle cry before activation) tends to just get the user of the ult killed, or the enemy team just scatters and no one dies (especially for ults like hamzos dragon or self destruct)

i've seen far worse cases of this like MGSVs horrible online which made players on a kill streak more and more visible to all other players

i don't think overwatch is punishing the good players, but making a weird attempt to force the shittier players to work together

does it work? i dunno

Probably the best open world RPG I've ever played. Blows Morrowind the fuck out
Y

You gotta rebind the keys a little and learn to use the action key. After that, it's just a matter of gitting gud

Been playing Quake and Dead Rising 3 lately. I had just beaten Quake yesterday and now I'm doing the mission packs.

I feel bad for not playing Quake sooner. I was kind of taken aback at how well it plays even today. Movement is fast, jumping is fun, and bunnyhopping through corridors and strafejumping around corner at breakneck speeds is some of the most fun I've had moving around in a video game in a long while. The weapons aren't as interesting as Doom's but they still feel good and make satisfying sounds when you shoot them so they're alright in my books. The enemies are all pretty good as well, but god damn I hate those slime fuckers that jump around like spastic assholes and explode on death. They are just not fun to fight and the final few levels throw them at you in spades. The rest of the monster cast is fine, though it could do with a little more variety (like one or two more monsters tops). I feel like this game could have done boss monsters well but they obviously ran out of time so it's a shame we never got to see an evolution of how id software got to handle boss monsters in a 3D space. I got a good 12 hours out of the game so overall I can't complain too much. If you haven't played it already, do it as soon as you can.

Dead Rising 3 does a lot of things well but it does a lot of things wrong as well. As a sequel, it expands on the mechanics of DR2 in a good way, as you can now create combo weapons on the fly instead of having to find a workbench. A lot of the new combo weapons are great fun and they even rebalanced some of the old ones from DR2 to be more effective. Combo vehicles are cool too, though some of them are objectively better than others. One of the best combo vehicles in the game (junker APC with controllable burst fire turret) is given to you right at the start of the game, which I find to be both good and bad because on one hand, you have a reliable vehicle you can make and drive anywhere, but on the other almost none of the other vehicles are as good as it which makes them less special when you find them. Unfortunately, you cannot make a combo weapon until you find the blueprints for it, even if you have the items you need to make it. This is one of my biggest problems with the game, and it ties into the overall problem that DR3 takes place in a small town divided into four separate districts. Things are spaced out more than they were in the previous games, which means the devs had to put items everywhere so you wouldn't be stuck in a horde with no weapon, but since you can't create combo weapons until you find blueprints, a lot of these items are kind of useless until later in the game.

Another problem is that because of the bigger play area, you are pretty much forced to use vehicles to get anywhere in the game. They increased the on-screen zombie count by like, five times in this game, and trying to get from one district to another is near suicide on foot… or at least it would be if the game wasn't so easy. In previous games each square of health counted as two hits, and in DR3 they each count as three hits. You can tank damage in this game like nobody's business, and with the abundance of items everywhere you can never really go for too long without finding a bunch of at least semi-useful items. On top of this, you gain attribute points on each levelup that you can spend on various things like health, melee, agility, mechanic, etc. Each one usually gives you some kind of benefit or new skill rather than just a flat percent boost, which is neat. They also changed how rescuing survivors works as well. Early in the game you find a semi-busted walkie talkie that you can hear out of but can't talk into, and on the other end is some guy who holed up in a security room during the outbreak, and he can see the whole city through the cameras there. He occasionally calls you and tells you if he sees someone who's alive who might need help. You go to them, help them with their problem, and you get PP for doing that. This is pretty much the same as the previous games, but where it gets different is that you don't need to deliver them to a safe house anymore. They'll just follow you help fight stuff with you until you do go to a safe house and tell them to leave. This might sound a like a bad thing at first, but the survivor AI has been improved tremendously, so much so that you don't even really have to worry about them when they follow you, just give them a weapon and they're set. They also added randomly spawned generic survivor in a designated location who just needs you to clear out most of the zombies around them, at which point they'll thank you and just run off. I'm 95% sure these are random and completely optional but I dunno for sure.

The characters in this game are about on par with Dead Rising 2 in terms of writing. I'm still not sure how I feel about the new protagonist of this game, Nick Ramos, especially compared to Frank West and Chuck Greene. Frank is opportunistic and has a pretty big ego, and even in the face of something like a zombie outbreak with tens of thousands people dead, he can still crack jokes and find fun in bleak situations. Chuck Greene is a no-nonsense kind of guy, he has no time for jokes in a situation where his only surviving daughter might be in trouble, and because of this a lot of the comments he says make for great deadpan humor where something absurd happens and Chuck is just having none of it. Nick… I don't really know. It might be because he's younger and greener than the other two guys, but I don't like him as much. He's a mostly straight man but it's never really played for laughs. He always tries to do the right thing but even in the face of absurdity he never cracks one liners or makes a deadpan observation, hell most times he reacts in disgust to the things he sees, and while this would be a normal reaction in the real world, Dead Rising is anything but realistic. One minute you're driving a forklift/fireworks van combination vehicle with a giant dragon head on it, using a modified leaf blower that shoots dildos, the next minute you're fighting a disgusting fat woman in a buffet restaurant who barfs at you, and Nick remains entirely grounded throughout all of this. The most emotion I've seen him make was during a reveal in a story moment. He also talks too much for my liking during normal gameplay, making unnecessary comments like "holy shitballs" or "well, time to get to work" while you're running around.

I haven't even mentioned the performance on the PC version. It runs like dogshit and no amount of settings tweaks will ever make the framerate stable. Maybe in 10 years we'll be able to bruteforce a consistent framerate out of this game but even then it's probably just poor optimization on their part. There's not much more to say about it than that. Despite my gripes the general gameplay is still as fun as ever and I'm still invested in this series for some reason, so I'm enjoying myself. It's definitely the weakest of the mainline entries despite it's improvements though, so I'd still recommend DR1/2 over this.

Started to Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin and still playing Fire Emblem Fates

For my early impression with Dark Souls 2; Holla Forums was right about being the most disappointing sequel ever, but the game can be fun sometimes.
For Fire Emblem Fates; It's a improvement from Awakening but it depends on one important thing; getting the Japanese version with or without the fan-translation installed and avoid the censored version at all cost. Now for both Birthright and Conquest. Birthright is pretty much a improved Awakening. Might not be everyone cup of tea, but it's fun. Conquest is so far the best out of Fates three "routes" and It is the closest we will get for a proper Fire Emblem. I still need to play Revelation.

Honestly I didn't think I was going to like it. I only ever dicked around/griefed in Minecraft, and this is "just" 2D Minecraft. Except for the fucktillion different things you can make, coupled with your first villager being able to tell you exactly what you can make with what you have AND what you need to do it.

I'm annoyed that a shitload of content is locked behind probably the most bullshit boss I've ever seen (Wall of Flesh), but what are you gonna do?

I'd say find some friends (crucial to initial enjoyment) and give it a go.

No.

Grind the bosses like it's monster hunter, fill your base with NPCs, do a lot of fishing quests, etc. Make a nice stage for fighting WoF, get good weapons and armor, and just keep trying. It's not a particularly hard boss, just it requires you to prepare more than usual.

You are a faggot.

Been playing Xonotic, someone made a thread about it and its pretty fun, kinda dead but if we made a server itd be neat. also been playing WoT to grind out the AT15 which is a fun tank

Hey, I pirated Fates. So I'm not a total faggot.

Wall of Flesh is really easy to defeat solo user, even on Expert Mode. You need to git gud.

Did you build a long-ass ramp through Hell yet so you can't accidentally fall into lava while fighting him? Did you put honey at regular intervals so you can stay in honey regen, plus campfires, plus stars in bottles (if you use magic)?

Also, something the user below neglected to mention is that potions are an absolute necessity. I was the only person in my group of friends who bothered with greenhouses and alchemy and it was laughable how they would get totally stymied when playing without me, until I supplied everyone with enough regen, ironskin, and swiftness potions from my secret lair for the fight.

Your Majesty, you must die

Kirby Planet Robobot.
It's a Kirby game, that means it's comfy as fuck. However, it has robots. It's a bit on the easy side for Kirby games, since the puzzles offer you the solution in the same screen.
It would have been way better if it was harder, but I'm enjoying it.

I should of also added that I pirated the Nippionese version and installed that fan translation.
Happy now?

I hope you purchased it if you liked it, user!

fuck off summernig

God, I fucking love but also fucking hate RoboCraft.

Such a great concept, and some amazing ideas, but there just isn't enough to it right now, and it's in a perpetual state of imbalance.

I really want them to ONLY SLIGHTLY nerf railguns, so they're not an automatic sniper death cannon. Just reduce the nominal count of Erazers to 4, keeping the rate of fire for 4 Erazers in the current game.

And to FUCKING FIX TESSERECT/"DRONES" FUCK. They're only viable because of building glitches/exploits. If they were easily destroyed like a normal blob of blocks would be, they'd be perfectly balanced. Or, if they were somehow slower, that'd be fine too. But no, they're virtually impossible to kill without considerable effort or team focus and dedication (lol). They just shouldn't be a viable option at all. It makes every other choice of aircraft inferior.

Then add a lot more cool middle-of-the-line shit, instead of just top-tier stuff.

I want some mini rocket launchers.

And mines.

And flamethrowers.

Also, for fuck's sake, add robits as a guaranteed crate reward.

I don't, honestly
I just wanted to point out trip dubs

LoZ twilight princess HD

This game is frustrating and had framerate issues aged badly and more. I keep on ragequitting because the game sucks at keeping you on track. Idk how i managed to beat this game 8-10 years ago holy fuck.

DS1's levels aren't actually that large, however they're all connected to each other. DS3's levels are huge, but its not connected like DS1 since you can only go to the High Wall after firelink.

One of my all-time favorites that I can always go back to. I just wish I could get Netplay to work with it so I could have human opponents.

Only a few levels in so far, and it's pretty OK. The controls are surprisingly good considering it's restricted to a single analog stick (this is because it is very heavy on the auto-aim). If you're feeling a little tactical then give it a spin. If you're emulating it like I am, you might need to check "Disable slower effects (speedup)" like I did, or you won't quite hit 60fps and game sounds will get all distorted. The only graphical difference I can see from this is that it disables the games color-correction, so now your shades of brown have a wider palette than before.

I only played Warped as a kid, so I want to give 1 and 2 a try. Not very far into this either, but it does feel rather primitive compared to Warped. Still has that satisfying core platforming though, so it's all good.

metroid prime.

I don't think it's particularly my type of game, but it has it's moments for me. It's just one of those games that's not my type, I like more open stuff, and I'm not huge on backtracking.

Ouch.

Donkey Kong Country 2. The difficulty curve is kinda fucked compared to it's predecessor.

I would but since it's grindy and has a learning curve most people won't like it.

I'm trying to redo my multi generation project so ifyou got the autism and a good rig, go play it.
don't forget to check the sims threads for mods and expansion packs.

Donkey Kong Country, DMC4, and Astroboy: Omega Factor. I'd recommend them

Fallen Enchantress. Been avoiding this because there's too much "post this on facebook" button from the screenshots. I still believe game should focus on single player first, leave the multiplayer shites.

Anyway, GOG sales. 75% off. Hell, why not. At worst, I've lost 10 bucks. No big deal.

The game itself is a cross between Age of Wonders and Civilization. Didn't work out quite well, in my opinion. I love Age of Wonders. Civilization, not so much.

The fame system is quite nice, certainly is better than Age of Wonders random number god. The city building aspect is pretty much a cut and paste from civilization. Unit design is awesome, as in Alpha Centauri, too bad the models look a bit ugly. Unfortunately, the game resembles Civilizations more than Age of Wonders.

Never play multiplayer, so don't ask me.

For the full price, certainly will not recommend. But for $10, eh, it's good enough. Besides, it's quite hard to find games of this genre.

No, to all of your questions. It's an absolute bullshit failing of game design in an otherwise fabulous game. It's nothing short of astounding to me that it exists, considering how well thought-out almost everything else in it is.

A lot of those are babies whining they can't have 10 tiers of the same exact shit to slog through, or some other feature the devs removed/changed.

That being said, there's a lot of valid complaints to be made with the way the devs churn out massive updates and never think them through. Usually ends up with a lot of imbalance, especially in the starting brackets.

Still a fun game overall, but the devs need to get their shit together and cohesively plan the game and get the numbers down before just throwing updates out.

And Nvidia paid the Crysis 2 devs to render the terrain on top of water so that they could sell their cards on the promise that they ran C2 the best. All the tech companies are shit.

I have the picture showcasing the geometry underneath the terrain, but it's on my other hard drive, and I haven't set up FTP yet.

So far
I would recommend it with the caveat that the first game is way better. 2's level design is way inferior, favoring you engage enemies off screen not to mention gimmicky levels where your character is either an immobile fatso or a complete pussy because story bullshit

I would recommend it if the controls were responsive and not tied to arbitrary dice rolls. What am I doing wrong?

Almost beat it, this last levels a bitch. Fuck these Russians who just shoot at you and never surrender and this warehouse that gives them plenty of hiding spots and vantage points. And fuck my team for not obeying orders and getting stuck in doors.

I'm really disappointed I'm only now getting around to System Shock 2. I always dropped it right before Hydroponics because of how much dumb shit you had to go through to remove the radiated coolant, even though I always heard that Hydroponics was where it got interesting.

The game is imba, but it's a late 90s FPS-RPG; that's basically par from the course. I was, however, warned that the game can become unbeatable if you allocate your shit wrong. What do I need to do to dodge that?

I didn't play recently because I'm making a vydia for a jam.

But before that I was playing this one.

And it's ok, I like the lack of handholding.

Exactly like the first one, somethings added, loads of customization, later guerilla encounters became pain in the ass, has a pretty decent story, as in what you do in the mission is appropriate cutscene. Wish it had more of that.
But still the RNG is the basic problem, forcing you to savescum. Wish it had actual shooting in it, as in percentage to hit becomes time given to shoot or amount of timeslow, anything to counter the RNG.

Fantastic for a hack n slash but poor in every other department. Also good soundtrack. Good for a quick get off.

An unpolished gem, fucking great combat, big world but empty, why can't there be any Witchwoods. Story has some highs but nothing too engaging. Post game should be fun but that fucking shit sky ruined the mood. Also thanks I had eternal riftstone otherwise I'd just quit from running to objectives.

I just beat Dark Souls 3 an hour or so ago. In short, I'd recommend it for $30 at the very most.
This is my first Souls game since Demon's Souls (Even then I played it for one night and only got to Tower Knight before I had to give it back to a friend), so I was surprised when it was really easy because of how many memes about it's difficulty there are and how many people complain about its difficulty on the internet. I honestly didn't think it had a difficult spot until Pontiff Sulyvahn (His clone blocked the camera), and the only other boss I had a hard time with was Soul of Cinder (I got trapped in his combo in phase 2 that would guarantee death like 7 or 8 times), but I beat the rest in probably under 5 deaths and almost never died outside of boss battles except for those three gold angel-like creatures before Prince Lothric and Lorian and this ambush in the dungeon from some creatures that reminded me of the Mermen in Castlevania games. Everything from here on will just be me describing my dislikes about the game since everything that is worth liking was very obvious from before I owned the game.
I think this game's main issue is that it's too fair. The combat itself had me taking a decent amount of hits (The last two games I played were Ikaruga and Contra 3 in Co-op, so maybe I'm just not used to getting hit), but there were always bonfires I found before I even ran out of Estus Flasks, and, where there was a lack of new bonfires, there were a lot of ways to get back to already lit bonfires with no enemies along the way. The rolls definitely had invincibility frames, but I thought that was a way to move away from danger, so why is there an aid to make you impervious to damage? All the enemies I remembered fighting had hitboxes that were very close to their weapon's model, but I found myself often attacking too soon and still hitting enemies that obviously made no contact with the model. At the same time, I faced moments where I had no choice but to fall down and, although not taking lots of damage, I still took damage for something that is required to progress.
Death in this game also had too little of an impact, and this goes both ways. It's important to note before this part that I generally play SHMUPs, so when I beat an enemy I'm pretty much used to seeing explosions of varying sizes. Maybe that's why I never felt really satisfied killing anything because there weren't any death animations that looked, simply put, awesome. I'm not asking for something ridiculous like the new DOOM, but even some armor breaking/chipping or blood splatters when you hit the bare ones at lower health from the bosses would have made killing them much more impactful. Where this bothered me the most was the fight against Dragonslayer Armor. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is just an animate set of armor. So why does it just slowly fall down when you take away its health instead of chipping/breaking altogether? Did the inanimate object just lose its will to fight because it sucked at it? The character also doesn't do anything that I would expect from a brand new game that has such high minimum requirements. The death screams are so long and dramatic in a cliche way yet used so infrequently that they just sounded outright idiotic. Although I'd appreciate a more grizzly death sound from my character, I'd rather have it taken out altogether. They also took the effort to make your character get covered in whatever substance it rolls around in, but you'll never see a cut or bruise or any blood stains. You can look like a black actor in the 1800s by using a required mechanic but if you get crushed to a pulp multiple times you'll still look perfect.
The graphics are also somewhat unimpressive, but the scenery makes up for it. Everything else, especially the music, is all good to me and I'd give it a solid 7/10.
Is it worth playing through any of the other Souls games or Lords of the Fallen?
I wanted to talk to my friends about this but they'll probably take a year or five to beat it at their current rate

Metal Gear Online
Yeah it has some flaws, but CQCing unsuspecting players and hiding their body is so satisfying.
…and then you wait until they wake up from stun and headshot them :^)

System Shock
Liked it a lot. Better than the sequel.

Apotheon
Interesting aestetics, but eh game.

Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard
Very flawed, but I liked it. Give it a go if you like adventure games.

The Witcher III: Wild Cunt
Was great.

It was probably a huge pain in the ass to code DkS1's map. Now that the series is mainstream they probably don't feel they need to go the extra mile anymore to design a world that way.

Ich spiele keine Videospiele. Ich onaniere nur.

I find it funny how there has to be a specific Video Game general thread on Holla Forums to actually get discussion about video games on this board.

The game is good so far. It's linear but still enjoyable. The teammate A.I is shit but bearable.

Would still recommend it.

I totally forgot about this thread because I went back to playing Terraria. All advice I kinda figured out (except the honey thing, because I don't want to be slowed in this fight). I was playing in aserver with at least 5 other people so WoF was terrifying (until a few of them got the OK from the server owner to cheese the shit out of it with their endgame characters). We did the platform through hell and got wrecked pretty bad. We're not that great though.

Meanwhile in my own server, I'm collecting the NPCs and exploring the two fucking pyramids that spawned hell yes.

Strider
Was pretty good, nice mechanics with a little challenge. Would recommend.

The Darkness 2
Also pretty good so far although they seem to have removed a few mechanics from the first one for no particular reason. The combat is satisfying with good diversity. Would recommend so far.

Overwatch
Casual baby tier shit with ugly pixar models with giant heads, it has no mini map, no kills, no scoreboard and press q to get free kills no matter how shit you are. A couple of the classes are alright but the game is so utterly devoid of content it has two whole game modes and about 9 maps. I can't believe I fell for the meme and bought it for forty fucking euros.

Dark Souls 3
I really enjoyed the play through but the game was far too easy, easier than ds2 even and that game was an unbalanced piece of shit that gives you the best sword in the game and the best ring in the game in the first half an hour. B team at least learned a lot from the abortion that was ds2 and made ds3 an enjoyable game. Would recommend.

Resident evil revaluations
Got it for co-op, it has no co op…

finally got enough reputation with the terrans to buy the best frigates of the game

Devil Daggers.
It's fucking amazing for a small project. Sorath will save FPS games, it's happening

yes

Armored Core.
The controls are fucking terrible, but goddamn if it's not fun as fuck to build your own mech and wreck shit with it.

It's an over glorified tech demo, user.

It's a very small game, but it's really REALLY well designed, moreso than any game in recent years. People only play it for a while and conclude its just something that could've been a Flash game due to its lack of content, but if you take a deeper look, the design and everything that went into this small game is incredible.

What is the thing she's thinking about on the right? From the thumbnail I thought it was antlers.

Super good sound design and animations, very well-fitting artstyle, Quake-style Lovecraftian enemy designs, fluid movement, tight and consistent rocket (dagger)jump/bunny hop mechanics, incredibly fast gameplay, eventually gets so fast it's impossible to stay alive. Add a campaign with boss fights like in DD, music, more weapons, and the only thing they can still fuck up with the design they've showed so far is level design, but I have hope for this as well - with the level of care put into this game they surely have a decent grasp of classic-style shooters, including level design.
Even if it's a "tech demo", it has the potential to be a tech demo of an incredible game, and it's a fun game on its own to just constantly shoot for higher times, get an infinite supply of new sequences to memorize and optimize, etc.

I looked it up and it looks terrible.
Into the trash it goes.

Diablo 2 with Median XL Ultimate mod
Its okay but have some balance problems that hopefully will be fixed in the sigma edition and its also boring to play alone

Wow user I really value that opinion, yeah you've completely changed my outlook now. Good job.
Yep, ton of good games are easiest available through Steam. It's either DRM or physical copies which can be a pain to get your hands on. I see the issues with Steam, but it's pretty sperg to base your opinion of the game itself completely off it being Steam exclusive.

Neverwinter Nites 2: Mysteries of Westgate

As all D&D, would be better it turn-based.

I've been playing Neon Chrome. Rougelite top-down shooter by the devs of Crimsonland. It's very barebones and lacks variety quite a bit, but it's a decent enough game to play in the background while listening to something. It does have sort of a low budget charm. It's refreshing to see a game that's made because the devs wanted to make a fun game, not to send some political message or print money, even if it's a little shit.

Gran Turismo 6

I'll just say that if there was a Vita port, I'd buy a Vita for that.

Considering how easy both of those are to emulate on PC, neither. But if you're buying one, definitely SS Anthology

Played a few.

It scratches the dungeon keeper itch without being as good. The main campaign is buggy as hell and too short. The heart of gold expansion however is a nice four level mini-campaign that I've enjoyed much more than the core campaign. I'd recommend it over Dungeons if you are looking for more DK action.

Game is too goddamn easy, the titty is nice especially with decensor mods, though the graphics are a bit dated. The four house stories range from retarded moeshit, to grimdark edgelord murderfest, to questioning the meaning of good and evil. It's a nice little time killer with happy boobies, would recommend if you like joyous jugs and mosou combat.

very short adventure game with bat hams combat. Too fucking short. Game touts having 24 endings, most of which are bad ends. First off, you must do a minimum of four runs in order to unlock the necessary info to get the good end so 5 runs total which should take about an hour each if you're slow. Second, you'd have to be a complete idiot or going out of your way to see the bad ends not to realize what the correct order of operations to win are especially when the game rubs exactly what you need to win in your face from the word go.

The narration is charming but the game is too simple and brief for me to really recommend buying, maybe worth a pirate.

Fantasy L4D migrant crisis simulator minus the ability to play as the monsters. Bigger emphasis on melee combat with more interesting characters. Maps are a lot smaller than L4D though and for some reason it has a fucking ultra grindy loot drop system that makes me angry every time I think about it. That said the core gameplay loop is fun and each of the playable characters actually have different shit going for them unlike L4D(with the exception of soldier and dwarf who are basically the same). I'd recommend it if you have faggots to also take the plunge with.

Doom mod that turns doom into megaman and lets you play as the robot masters with their abilities from the games more or less faithfully recreated. A hero shooter from before hero shooters were cool. Also just by recycling abilities from a 2d platformer this has created the freshest and most fun FPS I've probably ever played with individual robot masters having shit that other FPS would have based their entire gimmicks around. Sadly the player base is rather small and those that do play tend to stick to faggot RP servers and a similarly themed classes mod that really just isn't quite as good. Also a large portion of the existing players are spics for some reason, I have no explanation for this.

I can't recommend 8 bit deathmatch enough but chances are good even if you do decide to download it you might not find many people playing.

I've been playing Civ 5 with some friends lately. It's OK I guess, but it's so slow. I don't usually play strategy games, either. I've also been playing Strife. The AI seems kind of buggy, guards sometimes start shooting you for seemingly no reason. Really neat dialogue system for a Doom mod.

I started playing SMTIV last night

Gameplay is top fucking notch, extremely brutal yet rewards knowledge and clever use of its system. Also flashy animations look great.

Too bad setting is so boring that after 5 hours I'm already bored

Here, have a cancer riddled """""""game""""""", it's a glorified desktop screen-saver it's the worst thing I ever had on my Steam library

And one of my favourite game wich make me want to kill Tim "The Jew" Schafer before he revealed his true nature.

Mountain:
30QDJ-RKKYJ-ILTCA

Psychonauts:
AJWPG-4JN6P-PA4JZ

I got my first pc when I was 7 and internet when I was about 16. The only games I had vere pirates from friends and other people or from magazines. I was 10 or so when I played half life, then serious sam. I became a fps maniac. I also remember very well when I played GTA 3 and max Payne for the very first time.. something unbelievable. Max Payne was so fucking edgy I just couldn't stop. I loved the comic-cutscenes too. Getting new game was like a holiday. I remember I was at cousin place for few days. His mom comes home after work and she said to me "user, the guy down the street said he has new GTA if you want it go to him" I asked back "is this San Andreas ???" - "I don't know but he said you need 5 CDs.
I was so fucking happy I rushed to the store for 5 blank CDs and copy that shit.

Thanks user!

I always wanted the internet. I knew what it was, I used it at school, some of my friends from nearby city had it too. I wished about installing eMule or kazac and just downloading any games I want. I had a ",encyclopaedia of games" on several cds, so I knew about new games, but I always had to wait year or two before I got them. The fucking half life 2 was teasing my balls for so long. Finally one of my friends got it, but it was original, so it asked to register in steam…and we had no internet (we couldnt into English either)

The same friend had a lot of PCs in his house, his dad was fixing/selling them. Everyday hl1 deathmatch man…

I feel so weird right now. I'm just 21 but all my new friends (I moved to uk) are fucking casuals. I had so many arguments with them about Bethesda and other crap that I just decided to not talk about games with them. Oh you play q3a ? What a fucking hipster.

I never had a chance to play my favourite games online, because they were already kinda dead. Quake live was OK, untill you know what happened. Almost no new game brings any excitement. If serious sam 4 will be shit, it's gonna be fucking over. The state of gaming, at least for me is in very sad state. I'm sad.

Now when I think about it.. I've played some SNES gamesz although I never owned a SNES and I didnt even know these were SNES games. Somehow, from somewhere I've got a CD with many games and emulator(the emu was dos program, but it did work under xp) I gave it to my friend because he had very slow pc ,(300mhz CPU or so) and we played those games quite a bit.

Do any of you know Gothic ? That game is so fucking cool. Probably the only rpg I like. I always said I don't play games ,"with swords and magic" but Gothic was an exception. Do you remember commando ? That was super cool too. Need for speed 2 hot pursuit, Holy shit. I remember most wanted with some retarded crack that worked half the time. Was so great to play around with the police. Swat4 was fine too. Fucking painkiller, super game. Simcity 3000. I sucked so bad at this game. I never could make a functional city without cheats. I have to try it now.

holy shit nobody cares

Been getting into Battlefield 4 after having it for ages after getting it for free with my r9 290. It's actually kinda fun, a bit mindless at some points but I am having fun

Would recommend, but only for 20 bucks at most.

grenades, encircle, shoot/overwatch

Been playing some K Shoot Mania, made a [shitty] custom controller that bare minimum works with it because I didn't want to bother playing that game on a keyboard.

After about a week I've gotten to level 10-12, looks like the fun starts at the higher levels though like most rhythm games.

I'm always looking to play different rhythm games though.

Playing Witcher 3 again after pirating the expansions & updating. The only remaining quest to kill a griffin was fixed so I did that, now I'm exploring new areas from the expansion content.

Dark Souls 1

Yes

I do want to gush about the game though.

A lot is made out of it's difficulty but to be completely honest, it's a consistent, ridget and fair game. I don't find the difficulty to be overwhelming and most headaches can be avoided with calm and patience.

It's good, but not as satisfying as the DS version for some reason.

It's a step up from DSII, though I'm still torn between Bloodborne and DS1.

I mean, it could be a lot worse.

so far i've beat maximo ghosts to glory, silent hilll 3

i'm replaying RE1-4, ape escape, no more heroes, madworld , and the gba metroids except fusion. Probably all the platinum games i have

i recommend all that stuff and extermination

Thanks for reminding me that the chair under me could explode at any moment, faggot

Started Fallout 2 earlier played for about 3 hours, it's pretty good some stuff irritates me like how I missed 80% of my attacks on those fucking ants, I'm not a big fan of isometric RPGs but it seems like a really good game. definitely recommend but if the beginning is pissing you off just push through.

Also been playing the witcher 3, I'm 20 hours in and it's good. The combat isn't the best, and it's easy to exploit but still fun. I especially love the brawling quests in all the areas. Punching the shit out of everyone to become known as the strongest in town is really fun.

Thea: The Awakening. It's good. I recommend it.

After getting hyped for Bannerlord, realized I've never actually conquered all of Calradia in vanilla warband. Never got to the point where managing vassals became a problem, but owing half the map with around 20 of em get pretty frustrating. The end game standoff when its you and one other faction with equal territory and men can get repetitive, but overall its still fun.

my biggest gripe with ds3 was the lack of viable/interesting weapons. silverback sickle was may favorite in 2 and was really hoping for that kind variety in 3, but anything with unique weapon art was usually split damage trash. The breakdancing greatsword was neat for about 2 minutes and the MLGS was worse than its counterpart in bb. And that's not to mention the changes to pyro / hexes.

ds1 was great cause it was a step in the right directions from demon souls and bloodborne was from's take on lovecraft I didn't know I wanted.

idk I just feel let down by Ds3 now that I think about it.

thanks for reminding me m8

I'll save you one day Sev ;_;7

I never played the first two Doom games.
Until now recently.

Holy fuck that shit was fun.

Kirby robobots. Solid kirby game 8/10 kirbys if you like kirby this is a kirby game

Overwatch. its TF2 with waifus, its not great but it passes the time in dead hours
wouldnt recommend but if ya want it I wont stop you either

Darkest Hour is far better than Hoi4.
HoI4 is SHIT

Decided to finally beat Prey. Last time I stopped after my save corrupted. It's alright, fun little story with some fun fights. Puzzles are kinda just shoot things until something happens.

I havent even wanted to play vidya lately. Between work and school im too tired to do anything but watch animu. Also my windows partition, on which all my vidya is, has been fucky lately so I've mainly been using my Linux Mint partition that has nogaems installed.

It's a straight port of the original 6. It's neat how theres a ton of stuff available right out of the box (soundtrack, art, the usual) and the save states are useful because i can't git gud
If you've played the original 6 before, theres nothing new that Legacy Collection offers. I'd recommend Anniversary Collection over this, since it had more games than Legacy. Otherwise, you can get it if you just want Classic Megaman on your 3DS.

The REmake 1.
Decided to try for all achievements on it, just finished my under 3 hour run yesterday. Finished it at 2:09:31, and I made a few mistakes.

Yes, i would recommend it.
This area right here is my fav area in the game, the atmosphere is so excellent. I also love the lore of the game, I forgot how much I like to read the little notes explaining the lore of the series.

Also Rebecca has a cute ass, and Jill has monster jugs, both of which i want my dick to make contact with

I have 17$ on my Xbox account. Any good games I can get?

Get a different hobby.

Need For Speed Shift 2
yes, provided you install the handling mod

I was thinking about getting the new NFS, should I?

there's nothing good to play

you have exhausted the quality tittles of this hobby and all thats left is shit. its not that you're unmotivated, its that the hobby has become another form of television appealing to the lowest common denominator and with the lowest possible effort put in each product.

SUCC

Path of Exile, but I'm getting bored of it because the new league is not challenging. Starting to look like they might be making the game casual in order to appeal to a larger audience.

Every league used to have modifiers that made the game a fuckton harder, but the last two have actually made it easier by giving new ways to get the best gear.

What a shame. It was a true sequel to Diablo 2 for a long time, now it's getting lame.

What should I play now?

The art for Dragon Quest games is made by Akira Toriyama? That one for sure is

Besides, any RPG is hard if you don't level up, and easy if you overlevel.

Dark Souls III
-fuck the lack of poise
-the invisibility frames meme from Dark Souls 1 actually has become a reality in Dark Souls III, you can roll through anything, especially anything a player throws at you, which makes pvp lame as fuck

Trails in the Sky has gotten pretty fun once I got past the prologue and got used to the UI after months of playing it off and on.
i hope that gay bard character becomes a main cast member.

I saw a thread reminding me of it so I played a bit of Quake.

Have you played Grim Dawn? It's out of early access and much better than PoE

Doom
Y

Fuckin great and one of the only mainline titles in the series I haven't played. It seems like the character switching mechanic could get a little annoying, as much as it does in any other game with a character switching mechanic, but I'm hoping it doesn't slide into gimmick territory.

I didn't back it and I didn't pay for it and I still want to die, I can't finish this

Considering moving on to either Yakuza or D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die, or maybe going back and replaying Dragon's Dogma which I didn't really care for the first time.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
It was breddy fun outside the shotguns being shite and the rifle being too gud.

Digimon Cyber Sluts on my Vita.
It's pretty good, FeMC is a qt.

Wario World

I haven't played this since back when I rented it when I was 7. everything about Wario in this game just make me smile.

nuclear throne
i fucking hate it
but it's so much fun
40 hours later and i got it the other day…

H Doom for the first time.

Why boner, this isn't Doom

wew lad

I wanted this game to be good. Unfortunately, the controls are wack.
'W' goes up AND DOWN stairs
'E' performs too many actions: picks up items, opens doors, activates cover, moves through vents. Gods help you if any of those things are accidentally overlapping because you will be fucked.
Otherwise, I like the effort.

I think what you mean to say, is project reality.

Been playin star wars battlefront since the ultimate edition is 60 bucks which includes season pass.

A lot of people hated on it because they were expecting some Battlefield styled gameplay, but I personally wouldn't have enjoyed that. This game works really well as an easy to get into shooter. It really works at getting you into the starwars universe with the sounds and graphics. The atmosphere of the game is amazing imo.

And those fucking graphics. The fact I can play the forest moon of endor at 120 fps (390x - 4790k) proves that we don't need a jump in hardware power, as much as some proper fucking optimization. It's disgusting that other AAA games that only look half as good or worse, run twice as bad. It makes this game look like legitimate witchcraft in comparison.

If we could get a proper fucking RPG game like this, that'd be great. Why must every RPG look and run like trash?

Call it a eye candy game if you want, but still worth it imo. the base $20 version would absolutely be worth it as well. It's worth it if only to experience the atmosphere, although the game play is quite good as well imo.

The base game of Battlefront 2015 really isn't that worth it due to a huge lack of content.

Define lack of content? Idk when the last time was that you played, but people who got the base version still enjoy the hell out of it from chatting with people in-game. Despite having the Ultimate edition, I mostly just play the base version, and have spent a good 25+ hours in it so far.

Like i said, it's a nice, easy to get into game. Maybe not meant for playing 8 hour stints, but it's a nice game to have around when you just want to shoot some shit and be transported into the Starwars universe. There are many games at 20 bucks that don't offer as much. Some may call it a gimmick, but how gorgeous the maps look, make up for the small amount of maps. Quality over quantity I guess. Also, from my experience, the maps do a great job at changing the battle areas. I'm always dynamically ending up in a total diff part of the map that makes it feel fresh. with most shooters, I feel like I get stuck in the same rut of optimal pathways.

From what I understand, the base game has gotten updates aswell with the DLCs coming out, so it might have changed/had things added since you last played.

Depends what people expect from the game though. Like I said, a lot of people were expecting some BF sized game, but I like the fact it doesn't try to be so complicated/involved. It's a little more chill.

Fun mutliplayer shooter game. Doesn't bore me like TF2 did.

Fun single player FPS that is refreshing. Marries the old school mechanics with some of the new school stuff in just the right way. Feels fucking great to play.
I have no idea why faggots on this board immediately hated it when it was announced.

Playan' FEAR right now. I never played it because I never got into FPSs due to my parents going full Jack Thompson.
I was impressed by the AI, and the shotgun + dual pistols + slowdown is the most fun I've had in a shooting game.
More games need leaning

Playing God of War II (GoW HD Collection PS3) for the first time. The upscaling & "HD" look pretty good. The first God of War looked like complete shit in the HD Collection. I guess it was most likely the bigger budget. Combos feel smoother, voice overs are enjoyable, & the cutscenes are awesome. Fuck the QTEs though I'm too used to the 360 controller & I don't know where the FUCK the square, circle, exe, & triangle buttons are without looking down.

So far it seems more Epic. God of War was an 7/10. Hoping this one is alot better………………feels like it so far…

Warsow.
Yes and no.
No because during peak hours it has something like six players.
Yes because if I don't recommend it, it won't get any more players.

nice b8

Xonotic is good too and actually has players. I just prefer the movement in Warsow.

SMTIV
Working on Chaos ending because it's the only one I haven't gotten it yet.
It's decent.

Ive been switching off from a few lately. Ive been playing a lot of Odinsphere: Leif Ericsson Edition. I fuckin love it, pretty much everything Vanillaware makes is awesome. My only grip I guess is that even though im playing on hard its pretty fuckin easy to get an S rank in battles. When I get bored of that I put in some work on Guilty Gear Revelator. Its my favorite fighting game this gen, but man is it unforgiving.

Ehen I get tired of putting in work on those I pop in the remaster for FFX. Fuck me is blitzball the most asinine mini game ever made. The RNG for it is ridiculous and almost always seems to work in the opposing teams favor. I made it to Yunalesca and I feel like im missing a lot of shit, when do I get the airship so I can go back to places I missed? I want them magus sisters!

I also play some matches of Overwatch when my friends are all on, its fucking fun when we have at least 3 people playing, fuck playing on my own though. NO ONE ever seems to know wtf theyre doing when I play alone, so I just dont do it. Im level 52 and I ejoy using D.Va, Mei, and Soldier 76. I dont understand all the hate on the game itself but I can understand hating actiblizz.

I fucking love it. I love the new Jurassic Jungle map, I love all the styles, I love how flashy everything is. Aerial Greatsword is a ton of fun. I was afraid I'd hate the changes to GunLance, but got-diggity-damn is it 10x better than it ever was too bad no Artillery God in MHX/MHG. I find Insect Glaive actually enjoyable this time around as well, but I still don't care for it. SnS is fucking beast-mode now, which I love. HBG is a blast to play too. Not too crazy about Charge Blade, Switch Axe, or Lance though.
Would recommend if you can get your hands on a demo key

> Overwatch
no bully, I'm having genuine fun. I love playing McCree, Junkrat, Zenyatta, and D.Va. Not sure if would recommend.

> God of War Collection Vita
Playing through the first God of War, since I've never played any of the games, and with GoW4 recently announced, I figured I should brush up on at least the main games. Would recommend if you don't have a PS3/PS4

I know, you don't have to tell me how shit SAO is, I'm all too aware. It's a guilty pleasure except that fucking ALO arc jesus christ that was an abomination, but the games are actually fun, moreso Lost Song than Hollow Fragment since you can fly around and shit.
Would recommend for people who don't absolutely abhor SAO.

They removed armor sets and weapons from the EU version of MH4U? What in the ever-loving fuck for? ==ELABORATE NIGGER==

This is why I stopped playing it. I liked the story, but the combat was so uneventful and terribly boring.

BATTLEFRONT II WITH MODS
Y

WARZONE 2100
Y

ORCT2
Y

Minecraft creative mode
Y

PlanetSide 2, it's an ok game but the developers are dragging it to the ground on purpose. don't get attached to it because it will only bring you disappointment

bump