Rember when capeshit was good?

rember when capeshit was good?

Yes, when they were strictly TV cartoons

Of Coursh

That's when they were called superhero movies. Somebody once said to me that a genre like that doesn't exists. Well, it could have been true back then, but now, it certainly does exist.

First Iron Man and first Cap are literally the only good Marvel movies

First Captain America film was another forgettable, dry and boring origin story, pic related was way better capekino.

the first avengers was alright

I do remember.

capeshit was never good. kill yourself reddit

I dream everyday about that glorious past.

First Captain AMerica is a "MUH FREEDOMS, DEM EBIL NAZIS" type of movie, which is 2 hours long, wastes Hugo Weaving, prime Natalie Dormer and Hayley Atwell as weel she has too many clothes on. It has 1 joke that's funny, and 0 memorable characters.

That shit is a spy movie, disguised as a superhero movie. And fuck them for doing so, because when I saw it, I've wanted to see a superhero movie. The good things: Fight on the ship at the beginning with that amrtial arts dude, Winter Soldier as long as he is masked, and Dr. Zola's new form. Bad things: Nick Fury car chase sequence and fake death, the pushed nigger "superhero" and everything else.

tl; dr: Captain America is shit.

but it was never good?

Snyder tried to save the genre but he got backstabbed by WB.

Now Joss Whedon's Justice League is performing below Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman.

This guy gets it. First Cap was bland as shit, Winter Soldier was primo-kino.

JUST

I remember when it wasn't "ZOMGFS muh Realism about retards in underwear on the outside of their pants!"

What am I looking at here?

Any attempt to make superheroes realistic is doomed to failure.
I doubt anyone can think of a single way realism was used to make it work.

Are they still producing The Phantom? That was kino in every aspect.

Sure, but that's the recent trend. Melodrama and "dark-grim realism". You can thank that faggot Nolan for that. Trying to apply jewish bs like psychology to superheroes and villains like it's something more than entertaining schlock. I fucking hate present day and all the pretentious faggots around.

Yes i think so. I'm from Swedenistan though so we have our own development team still going strong, one of the only comics selling here actually (besides Donald Duck). However, it hasn't been kino since the early 00's and according to my father it went to shit when they went from black&white to colour in the 90's. I'm suprised no comic-publishers has decided to translate the Phantom-Chronicles where they tell the stories of all the 21 Phantoms. They were so good, the first ones released are still collectors-items.

diversity goy

You seem butthurt because nazis get BTFO in the movies.

Agreed man.

Nolan didn't start it. That was from Miller, Morrison and Moore back in the 80s and 90s as they grew jaded with their careers and wanted to make more mature stories to justify hanging around with a bunch of 13 y/olds as fans.

The big 3 that set off comics as """mature""", """gritty""" and """realistic""" were by them:
-Watchmen
-The Dark Knight Returns
-Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on a Serious Earth

Those 3 were getting constant best-sellers in the NYT and would be used in fucking mother's reading groups. No one had thought of mainstream comics as anything more than pulp or for children, so those 3 and the ones that followed suit were milked constantly. Then it trickled down into movies, cartoons, normal comics (those were spin-offs, one-shots or standalones) and everything else imaginable.

Marvel never really got into deep and edgy apart from brief occurrences with Spider-Man and X-Men getting dark and brooding, and instead just made schlock that no one cared for. Honestly, Marvel has been propped up by X-Men and Spider-Man sales so they don't try with any other properties.

Anyways, that's why comics are so shit now. DC used to be really bad with the edge; anything from the early 2000s is shock value and contrarian, just to try milk some extra sales, but they've toned down to where they should be while Marvel produces their shitty feel-good stuff.

Sorry for your loss.
I do recall that the Swedish Phantom comics aren't just translations, but straight up re-writes. I wonder if I can find English copies to compare to my original releases.
I'm an Aussie and while it's died down in the past decade, we've had it consistently shown to children at some point in their lives, and I'd wager a large proportion of the population could identify The Phantom.

Such a great strip. Must catch up with the last couple years I've missed.

Oh, I didn't recognise anyone from the first image.
Fuck Sony. They're completely useless and produce shit films constantly, but occasionally they don't interfere or marketing works and they make money like they did with Homecoming so they can justify losing money on the other films.

Ugh, don't remind me. I never had a problem with the edge, especially not from 90's X-Men, that was fun. But i never took it seriously.

Yes, from the 70's and onwards, it mostly swedish writers and artists who made the comic and sold it. Most kids nowadays have no clue who he is, but i would say the cutoff is around 00's, where kids nowadays never grew up with one of the cooler superheroes there is.

Too bad they fucked up the movie. I mean, i like it but they butcher everything about who The Phantom is and the significance of the Singh Brotherhood to the point that everything came out really bad. Could never get over the purple suit either, but i've heard that's a local-thing. I think he's Red or something in Italy.

You mean for like 5 minutes?

He's red in a few regional versions in Africa from memory.
I suppose it's quite interesting that each region has their own version of such an iconic character and that depending where you live, The Phantom is completely different despite seeing almost the same panels every time.

He's very violent in one of the African prints, but Euro/Oceania get a more heroic, virtuous version.

are we being raided by Holla Forums?

fuck off Holla Forums that was the worst MCU flick

How far back do you go?

No, I don't care about that, because in every USA-made movie, the bad guys must be either the Germans or the Russians. Now that China became the biggest market, the Asian characters could only be positive.

The fact is, the Captain America-movies are made for Amerifats, who sport their nation's flag everywhere all the time, and it tries to be so serious and high, etc. But for a movie about a guy who has an unbreakable shield and super strenght, I don't want to see some shitty spy action flick. I want him to go out and punch monsters/robots/SOME PEOPLE IN THE FACE.

none of the capeshits have capes in this thread.
FIX THIS

To be fair, The Dark Knight Returns was very refreshing for Batman. The Dark Knight Returns also paved the way for The Long Halloween, which is the peak of Batman comics.

it never was, iron man a shit

Capeshit = Any superhero movie after Sam Raimi's Spiderman 2

but that's completely false. Both the Marvel Knights imprint and the Ultimate Marvel Universe catered to the grimdark gritty realism trend. Mark Millar's "Ultimates" (Ultimate Avengers) is one of the edgiest superhero books i've ever read and rivals anything DC ever put out in terms of gritty realism trash. Aside from those imprints some of the edge even penetrated mainstream Marvel with shit like "X-force". Additionally Marvel also had spin-offs/one-shots/standalones like "
Old Man Logan".
They're apparently trying to lighten up their books now, but early 2000's DC is nothing compared to the early new 52 stuff (2011-2014ish) which is by far the edgiest period of DC. Joker had his fucking face cut off and was running around with his skin stapled on.

No. By that i mean i actually don't remember these movies even though i saw them.

yes

Spider-man 1 & 2 (2002 & 2004)
Superman I & II (1978 and 1980)
Batman (1989)
Batman Begins, Dark knight, Dark knight rises

I either hate every other cape shit movie or haven't seen them.

Road to Perdition was pretty good for capeshit. Also Ghost World.

no, inclusive of 3

It is. It literally is. That's the very definition of capeshit. Are you new?

>>>/leddit/ is that way ——→

The nolan batman trilogy is already a stale meme, no one ever really liked any of the films. It just happened everyone was talking about it, and now we're embarassed of even bringing it up again.

Batman Returns is probably the last capekino in history, as the conditions to make superheroes fresh again will never be met again. BR took a huge bet, from a deep insight: showing the superhero as little as possible, because in capes the viewer actually sympathizes with the villain (free and powerful) and the hero exists solely a last minute repentance to keep one's conscience in check.

^THIS

actually it was the opposite way, are you crosseyed user

You are just bad at giving directions, user. It's evident to anyone, that you knew which one was the present destination, but then you pointed out at a completely different way. I bet that at some point in your life, a person asked you which way to go to either get to the train station or another major public site, and you blurted back some terribly confused and overcomplex set of instructions that left them both uselessly burdened and stranded. You weren't even sure those info had any logic to begin with, as you were just scraping together a bunch of mental vignettes related to your surroundings, but were ultimately unable to elevate any to the superior degree of abstraction of a map's layout. It's like you cannot really get a grasp that to direct a man, means describing the nimblest way to navigate a city. It's more like you are describing your own movements into a personal mental projection, as you walk through a hazy and personally warped version of your surroundings. Have you ever gotten lost, user? Don't lie. What do you do, when someone drives by and stops the car to ask for directions? I believe you would be too embarassed to engage them effectively, let alone give out meaningful info. You would probably lie your way out, quipping some cheap thing like "straight on, you can't miss it", or outright pretending that you don't know because you are not a local. Well it doesn't work, and that person would probably see through it and react negatively, believing your behaviour less of an impairment and more of a willing sabotage.

uh, maybe on reddit where they have to generalize things so that it isn't offensive, but here on fullchan we're very specific about genres and such. perhaps you'd have better luck over there, friend?

or are you telling me there are capes in road to perdition and ghost world?

The first Iron Man was the only good one, first because it had absolutely no ties to Marvel's capeshit universe (I can't recall if there was a post-credits scene tying it in, though. Probably not) and second, because it was a genuinely good film. It was lighthearted but not to the extent that modern Marvel capeshit is and actually had some fairly serious moments in it.

Winter Soldier suffers majorly from being tied into the MCU and HYDRA's plan was super-retarded for the most part (I'm pretty sure that the Helicarriers don't actually have all that much firepower on-board) but it had some decent scenes. Still not as good as the first Iron Man film, though.

That didn't last long.

every single mcu film has a post credits scene either after 2-3 min or all the way at the end, and now it's usually both

Shit. Well, if you ignore that post-credits garbage, the movie can still be considered a standalone.

Personally I loved TDK trilogy. I was so obsessed with the second movie, The Dark Knight, that when Rises was announced, I posted on the imdb obsessively every day, pouring over every little rumor, announcement, following every teaser video, pics of the set, etc. I sometimes miss that passion I had for movies, even if it was mainly that one. Now I could give a shit less. The last movie that got me relatively hype was BR2049.

it's people like you that made capeshit what it is today

most of the first phase works since they're standalones, except iron man 2 and avengers, but even avengers can be watched on its own.