Enemy designs you like

ITT: We talk about enemy designs

Some of my personal favorite enemies are the joy mutants from LISA. These guys hit a soft spot for me because of how creepy and weird they come off despite the cartoony art style. The thing that makes them stand out from other mutant type monsters, besides the art, is that they don't just add random limbs everywhere, or make them completely unrecognizable as human. Im not saying they're the best monsters in video game, just a personal favorite of mine.

Guilty Gear Overture had some neat designs to it for its units, with each army having a unique aesthetic.

As shit as the game was, RE6 had my favorite enemies in the series
Too bad the game was shit through and through

Binding of Isaac have some pretty cool looking enemies.
My favorite is this hollow sack being airborne because of all the hundreds of flies inside him.
Nevertheless in Rebirth I think the art style was a jab to much of the design,
and the "pixelation" wasn't much better either.
Not to piss on Rebirth at all, both games versions have their ups and downs

These dudes are especially nice in full context of meeting them.
You would really expect many of the mutants' deformities to be a huge drawback, but instead
they prove to be the toughest in all of the game. Not to mention the fucking music.

I like the angels in bayo.
For two reasons.

One, flesh beings covered in cermaic and such are straight up cool.
Two, this is a very pratical design in terms of gameplay because as you damage them more and more, the cermaic breaks off more and more revealing the flesh inside, thus giving you an immediate visual indicator of how close they are to death.

When your designs are both cool, and at the same time pratical and useful gameplay wise, you have mastered visual video game design as a whole and people studying how to make games should learn from you as a textbook example on how to get shit done propely.

I like what FF7 does with this one instance of taking an established fantasy creature and giving him modern clothes like he bought Parapa's old shit at Goodwill.

Kaneko's designs are god-tier (no pun intended).

Doom engine enemies have always been fucking sweet as fuck. Dark, grim, yet not overboard.
Same goes for Shadow Warrior and Blood.

Parappa probably gopt shanked in an alley.

Nice trips tho.

I usually like enemies that have a wizard/scholar aesthetic to them, bonus points if they use books or something.

I'm with you OP, but honestly I just love (almost) all the joy mutants. At first, it seemed kinda strange that you could see everybody's nipples in the game, but it makes sense, because the nipples are used to add more context to the joy mutants' bodies. I love body horror like this, and if anybody could point me towards anymore, I'd mail-order suck your dick.

bump

Anything by cronenberg.
Junji Ito.
Parasyte
Lovecraftian Monsters.

You're welcome, you sick fuck

Might as well mention the Shadow Hearts series as usual for these threads. Enemy designs are pretty damn bizarre, and (in the PS2 games; Koudelka doesn't have this) each even gets a bestiary lore page with information spanning from creepy to borderline silly (though still rather disturbing; Mail Man here is apparently the ghost of a mail man who ate all the dogs in town).

My nigger. I love Heretic's monsters.

Agreed, plus I liked how the statue faces looked very "holy" but evil at the same time because they are creepily out of place.

The Etrian Odyssey series has some of my favorite enemy designs.

Kinda sad that the batshit insane enemies are probably not going to be in the remake. Assuming the remake is still happening.

Kaneko's designs are the best. I mean, anything is better that SMT4's Medusa/Lucifer, but still.

Watch John Carpenter's The Thing

I really loved how the Gnosis from Xenosaga looked.

Nice.

FF7 had some crazy looking enemies. Those fucking Unknown monsters on the ship were just as brutal as they looked.

Makes me realize how trash the designs were in FF10
They essentially reuse the same models 5 times in that game

A few more.

With the last one, the boss apparently mutated into a pregnant woman with the head of the fetus sticking out from under the robe.
>Viscount Rausan's mind realized into form by magic. It's a pregnant woman filled with hate. Inside its belly is evil that reeks.
These games are really good, but really fucking weird too.

Checking

I liked the ADVENT design in XCOM2 probably the only thing I really liked in that game

Was Wally a mutant?

Maybe.

He doesn't act like one.