CLASSIC XBOX THREAD!

It's been a while, hasn't it?

Classic Xbox thread time! What have you been playing? Been jamming out in Halo 2 Xlink? Been working your way through the grassiest versions of THPS? Taking in beautiful native 6th gen 720p? How about some sweet, sweet local co-op? Remove that clock capacitor yet?

I've been working my way through Black. I am loving how powerful the guns are, plus the unique destruction of the environment, each level feels built around those brilliant moments where a church tower crumbles thanks to a few well placed shots of your own. It's very rewarding.

Next I think I'm going to wrap my head around Gun Valkyrie's controls, I've seen some advanced play of the game and it looks like the kind of high speed action I can get into.

So, what are some of your memories of the system? Have you revisited it recently, looked into the modding scene, hate the big piece of shit?

Next posts have the recommended games list & the modding guide.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/tsg5l
mega.nz/#!iJhz1AxC!0v7Ph9PNoqix-qn-BVyWbN0FqjTmxeRD9lRPZXGnx8c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have two Xboxes here ready to be modded, but unsure what to do with them. Should one run as a media center and the other be for CoinOps? Or just use one as an all-in-one for XBMC and use the other for parts when needed?

I've never used CoinOps, wouldn't even know where to begin. Got told the seperate emus work better.

I'm not very fond of XBMC. I've found the more general usage unleash X to be the best solution, and just launching other dashboards as apps when necessary.

Suffering.

emulation when?

Any other noteworth dashes? Only know Unleash, XBMC and CoinOps.

Dragon is an up and coming one, looks really sleek. Keep an eye on that one as it develops.

you may be able to swap the necessary files around to get your characters back!

progress is being made slowly, but whenever it is made, it's a big jump. Most of the issues are sorted out except for sound emulation, so all it seems to really need is a big, brute force push at optimization and get things working smoothly. Many games run, just not playable. For now, the actual hardware is cheap and fun to play with and play on, so it's worth owning.

That's pretty bullshit, I should have known there was a reason why the Xbox versions were so cheap compared to the GC version. Glad I didn't buy one.

Looks nice, also seen the new version of CoinOps. Didn't think shit still came along.

Any new updates for emus? Is GBA still shit? Anyone playing the other emus online with other anons?

I played Megaman zero 2 on the emulator that comes with coinops 7 and it ran very, very well. This is a game that usually struggled on some machines, but it ran at that 60fps mark pretty well. Don't recall any meaningful drops either. You may wanna try it again.

some crackhead broke into my apartment and stole my x-box a few years ago

i still miss playan kung fu chaos now and then

Sorry to hear, that was ninja theory's only good game.

Xboy runs it like utter shit and dunno why. I would imagine the one on CoinOps would have been the same.

Guess I need to mod it and somehow FTP it over the network. Dunno how to FTP shit, always transferred via disc or PSP.

How does DOSbox run on the system?

dosbox doesn't handle mid 90s games and up particularly well. Not much you can do about that, you'd need to do some configuration too per game. Kinda iffy on that.

FTP is very easy, I actually give you the information how in the guide here:

occasionally you may need to reset your xbox or stop and then restart FTP, but otherwise it should be smooth. If you can plug the xbox and your PC into a router it makes it easier, but you can do a direct connection like I do.

If my Xbox is plugged via LAN cable and transfer shit wirelessly, does it still work? Yes, probably retarded questions but still.

Have QUIX already, so that's useful.

Any anons wanting C-Xbox Tool, don't get it from Isozone. Shit's loaded with adware.

Assume no Tie Fighter or Fallout on Xbox then?

While I still haven't had the time to dig into all the games, I'm grateful Xbox user. Not only was modding the thing a fun diversion, it helped me appreciate gaming a little bit more. Thanks for that.

Reminder this existed and it was spectacular for a console port.

No shit, but the fact they made it run on Xbox and included all the DLC was great.

It's pretty good. I have it physical from years ago. It had all the DLC?

Yep, it had the Red Hammer and Civillian expansions, along with a few extra vehicles and objects.

To get the mist out of making your own missions, use the cheat to unlock all objects- it allows you to place a Naval Destroyer as well so you can practice Helicopter landings at sea.

*get the most out of

Fucking Windows Phone.

just finished this recently, still recovering mentally.
Ordered second for 360.

xbump

Come on now

Here's your (You).

Now fuck off.

I guess all chans are jew shit

I've been considering covering part of the xbox library in videos, small reviews and historical pieces on how they came to be and their legacy. Also technical aspects of the system. A lot of the news and information that came to me over time as i studied the system, its library and history, i think it would be valuable to present it.

Also i came across a ton of xbox magazine demo discs. I'm thinking of finding the ones that have not yet been ripped and ripping any dlc that is not yet stand alone.

Does the Xbox display a 480i or a 480p signal? I'd like to play some xbawks games on the PVM.

I'm pretty sure you can install ganoo/loonix on the xbox so you can shitpost on Holla Forums

Nearly every game has 480p support. A lot are also in widescreen. A couple games also have 720p and 1080i support.

Component cables are still out there, get them.

Every xbox game except one puts out at 480p, and they can all be hex edited to do 720p and 1080i.

The only game that doesn't is a pool game. Some games dont work right when forced into higher res and have poor performance, but some like thps4 and the warriors do 720p out of the box.

Except for some light gun games, I'd suggest a 720p display for xbox games with component cables.

archive.is/tsg5l
But jews declared war on anime, you ovendodger.

Thanks for the info. It looks like I'm sticking with my HDTV until I can get my hands on an Extron Emotia.

Thinking of taking my xbox out and playing it. Got mech assualt and jsrf. I'm thinking of playing mech assault first since I haven't beaten jsr yet. Though I need to reorganize my stuff so I don't have to dig for it when I want to play.

I keep mine set up, its an essential part of my entertainment center. Its always hooked up to my pc so i can manage and ftp things to it. Have you looked into modding it? At the very least it'll make your management easier.

I could never get SH2 working right on my PC (plus the controls sucked). Xbox version is the definitive version, looks just as good as the PC version and the only problems are frame drops when walking outside. But the framedrops have been a problem on PC and the PS2 version was even worse with the motion blur and slow down.

I haven't tried SH4 but there's no ISO for it which is annoying. A physical copy is nearly $50.

I have a copy of it, i can upload it for you when i get home. Plus the eileen nude patch.

here's the silent hill 4 ISO.
mega.nz/#!iJhz1AxC!0v7Ph9PNoqix-qn-BVyWbN0FqjTmxeRD9lRPZXGnx8c

I'll probably get another one to try modding it. I'd rather not risk breaking the one I have.

I doubt you'll break it, plus, depending on the revision it may be trying to break itself with a leaky capacitor.

Is there still a community for this shit?

I saw one in a second hand game store a while back, and it brought back nostalgia of playing Halo while skipping school.

Mercenaries, Midnight Club 3, best GTA3/VC/SA console stuff.

FUCK YEAH. Those two games are reason enough to own an xbox.

Yes, there were many Japanese games on the Xbox that absolutely ruled!

There's a sizable community of classic xbox fans here too.

So if I already have a Free MCBoot PS2 and a hacked Wii, is there any real reason for me to think about grabbing one of these?

Xbox has the best multiplats of gen 6 consoles. See

I get that, but I'm just not sure if it'd be worth the time and money to get it all up and running, and get the Hard Drives set up.