THE LION KING Live-Action Remake

I'm part of the production team.

The movie is overall faithful to the original. The main difference is that there is a message of equality about the lions and hyenas. The lions rule over the hyenas as part of the “circle of life” and are kinda’ dickish about it until Simba changes their ways.

Scar is a tragic villain. He is indirectly responsible for the death of his and Mufasa’s father in a stampede when they were cubs, and Mufasa and Pride Rock resent him for it. Scar plans to earn their respect by luring Simba into the stampede in order to save him, but Mufasa intervenes and saves Simba himself. When Mufasa finds out Scar purposefully endangered Simba’s life, he announces he’ll exile Scar. In a fit of rage, Scar attacks Mufasa and accidentally pushes him over the edge into the stampede, and doesn’t save him when Mufasa calls out for it.

Simba thinks it’s his fault that Mufasa died. Fearful that Simba might expose him, Scar terrorizes him into running away. Scar is then crowned king. He is reluctant at first, but slowly goes mad with power and subjects Pride Rock to a tyrannical rule. “Be Prepared” is replaced by a new song called “Heavy is the Crown”.

Nala has a larger role. She sets out to find Simba once it is discovered that he is alive, and is chased by the hyenas, but manages to outsmart them. Once she finds Simba, they realize their feelings for each other, but part ways when Simba refuses to come back to Pride Rock.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/uvhz7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Simba later changes his mind and, while looking for Nala, they’re attacked by human poachers and nearly killed. This is what makes Simba realize lions are to other species what hyenas are to them, and that they should treat the hyenas better. It's also an excuse to call this movie "live-action".

Scar’s death is also different. He is abandoned by the hyenas whom he terrorizes once Simba offers them equality, and attacks Simba, leading to a fight near another stampede. Scar ends up in the same position as Mufasa once was, and Simba resolves to save him, but Scar refuses to help and ends up falling to his death.

Timon and Pumbaa are pretty much the same, but instead of being exiled for awful flatulence, Pumbaa gets kicked out because he’s clumsy and prone to destruction.

Overall the songs are: “The Circle of Life”, “I Can’t Wait to be King”, “Hakuna Matata”, “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”, “Heavy is the Crown” (replacing “Be Prepared”), “Secret in the Stars” (new Nala song – I mean, it’s Beyoncé) and a new final credits song titled, wait for it, “The Lion King”.

The cast alone is enough to tell me how shit it is.

Yeah, this better be bullshit

Any way to bomb the Mouse from the inside?

If you can explain to me how anything of what you said is remotely 'faithful to the original' I won't just call you a lying shit. Because absolutely everything about what you just described just screams out "I'll just throw in a few buzzwords into this synopsis to trigger the Holla Forumstards I heard lurk all the popular boards here."

I half expect you to try and deflect with a 'reddit spacing' comment.

does your dad work for Nintendo too?

Hey hol up!
Why are there two white people acting in this film?

>(((white people)))
Fixed that for you.

Yeah and my dad works at nintendo.

John Oliver is Jewish?

All of this sounds vague enough to be true and sucks the fun and magic out of it, much like every other Disney remake.
Like, maybe the reason hyenas aren't equal is because they're scavengers and dicks.

this is beyond stupid.
and thats why i believe this is real

This. That sounds like something so stupid and unnecessary that I believe it.

This is the only part I find extremely false. They're not gonna replace one of the most iconic songs from the movie. (Granted every song is iconic, but still). The only songs cut out of Jungle Book were uniconic ones, the big ones made it.

Everything else I completely believe though.

If any of this is true, this is shaping up to be Disney's most retarded remake yet, and that's saying something

Aslan is the only cgi lion for me

Moshu-Fasa gets no love.

THIS IS CNN

When Scar has Zazu trapped will he sing Let it Go instead of it's a small world after all?

Even when it's animals they resort to this stupid action girl nonsense.

archive.is/uvhz7

I stand corrected and disappointed

I used to like John Oliver.

Man, I can't fucking wait for this shitshow to come out. If even half of that is true, it's gonna end up even worse than Beauty and the Beast.

I bet this shit will reap all 2020 Oscars like an effendi.

What the fuck? Is it just going to video of the African savannah while all the action happens slightly off camera? Are they going to steal Lion King-themed fursuits from from the furfags? Are they seriously trying to make a movie about lions with just CG and no real lions at all?

Unforgivable if true

Welp, this is some furry pandering bullshit.

Seth Rogen confirmed jewish, John Oliver is spiritually jewish at least.

Huh, normally it's blacks VS whites. Interesting to see something like that for a change.

Lots of black hate each other. tribes hating tribes for thousands of years. Hutus and Tutsis are a common example. Also competent Africans hate African american's and their bastardized cultures.

this sounds like a passive aggressive "this movie is shit, don't watch it" rant
And I love it
All of this reads like you were very subtly having a laugh at the production. Good show, dear kike.

why didnt you use the original cast then? theyre all still alive?

ALL VILLAINS IN EVERYTHING IN ALL REBOOTS FOREVER NEED TO BE TRAGIC SYMPATHETIC EMPATHETIC YAYAYAYAYAYA

jesus fucking christ. what the fuck happened to just people consumed with envy or greed. now it's like, no, they can't just be greedy, their mother needs to be poor and they had to grow up in a ghetto where his father beat him every day.

Terrible.

Seriously, what's the point of this film? All Disney's remakes are fucking pointless but this has got to be the most pointless of the bunch. You can't actually go and film live-action animals, so this is just going to be a CG shitfest where they attempt to make everything look real and fail abysmally. It's another fucking animated film essentially and there was nothing wrong with the animated film we already had

They try to rationalise their film villains the same way they try to rationalise their pet niggers, illegal mexicans and Muslim refugees.

Yawn.

So are they just filming landscapes and trees, and adding CG animals later? I really do not understand the purpose of calling this live action.

Hardly. Rowan Atkinson had three hugely successful comedy shows, including at least one which is considered an iconic part of British television history.

John Oliver is a hack late night TV host barely known in his own country.

John Oliver is not popular in England or internationally. He's just a condescending talking head that is only funny to a small group that is very loud.

So the final product is giving up one of the best Disney songs ever while keeping an out-of-place pop insert that demolishes the movie's pacing? Disgusting heresy if true.

No. You're full of shit, OP.

Shit, the Zac Brown song? that I actually kinda like

Be happy they'll never remake hunchback since its already too problematic for them.

There's nothing for them to change in hunchback;

temptations of a brown jewess no less

The one thing I hated about that film above all else was the idea that gypsies dinndu nuffin when they are known liars and thieves to the degree that in their lair they show off how everyone literally lies for money on the streets and begs for a wage instead of being productive members of society, hording away all their valuables in a secret, underground city that destroys the economy by actively taking money out of circulation.

Jon Oliver will never come up with line as potent in meme magic as

Sure there is, there's that problematic blond haired nazi bahstahd who gets the girl instead of having his privilege checked.

Right sorry, because niggers live in france now he would be changed to a nigger captain of the guard and frollo would resent him for being a different skin color rather than the fact that he decided to act against the will of the church.

Also, the gypsies would be Islamic.

No, they would still be gypsies. Paris is full of them.

Nowadays, it's full of Muslims too.

They should include the scene where Scar tries to rape Nala

If she's in heat, she won't say no. Can you claim rape if you openly declare that you don't want to have sex with someone, but they make themselves easily available for you to fuck them in a hormone-induced craze that makes you stop caring?

m8 I'm being serious here.
If we have to endure these pointless disney remakes, why don't they at least add in some scenes deleted from the original?

Isn't the 'rape' (how do two lions rape each other, exactly?) in the stage play?

I do hope we get a modern adaptation of Hunchback that's faithful to Victor Hugo's book. It's a lot darker and just about everyone ends up dying.

Why didn't you stop this, this sounds like the combination of the original and the other one, 3rd I think into a shittier one.

I don't think you're supposed to sympathize for any of the gypsies besides Quasimodo's mom and Esmeralda, the Court of Miracles scene is there exactly to show how they're fucking evil.

Frollo finding the court of miracles is a legitimate "fuck you the church is monsters the gypsies dindunuffin"

The "live action" component of this movie is going to be the occasional spliced in footage of a rock.

It's not just that he's not popular. No one knows who he is. I think he was on Mock the Week like twice. He's a nobody who America scooped up because they'll happily take any condescending twat with an English accent.
Do you like being talked down to or what? I don't get it. You pay a foreigner to go on TV and insult you.

The only thing I know about John Oliver prior to his coming to the States was that he used to go out with the girl who played Dobby on Peep Show

I'm sadly well aware of that fact. The point is the muzzies didn't replace the gypsies, they just added to the list of things that make living in Paris awful.

I heard that Ricky Gervais recommended Oliver to (((Jon Stewart))).

He's married to some women from the American military. I wonder if she's as ugly as Dobby was.

His wife looks better than he deserves

They wouldn't change anything. If Disney wanted to make a CURRENT YEAR remake, all they'd do keep Esmeralda as gypsy whilst, ironically, reverting everything else to the way it was in the novel. In which Captain Phoebus was essentially the inverse of Frollo: pretty on the outside, ugly on the inside.

Come on, she has to be fucking other people.

hunchback also had some dark shit in their stage play apparently

With Jews I'd assume that even if she was hideous.

WE

WUZ LIONZ AND SHIT

They aren't. Robert Guillaume, who played Rafiki, died last year. The woman who played Sarabi, Simba's mother, died before they started recording for Lion King 2 which is why she didn't appear in that film. They'd have to use different kids anyway because puberty

The avenue of attack here is not 'Why don't you just use the original cast' but rather 'Why did you need to make this at all'

The story has gone from Shakespearean to a 'very special episode'

Didn't you hear user? Black and white morality is fascistic :^)

ABSOLUTELY DECOLONIZED

Who approved this nonsense?!

Sounds pretty cool. I won't watch it though because I am an adult and this is a children's disney movie.

Why are you on Holla Forums you fucking failure? Get you're retarded adult ass out of here.

My dad works for sony

It be heartbreaking, but I want this too, so badly. They could use the soundtrack from the musical.

wrong one.

I searched for this. It's pretty great! I wish they added it to the new film. It's a creepy reprise of "Be Prepared."

Is it me or does it seem Scar's voice switches when he speaks from Jeremy Irons to some other guy? I know Jim Cummings does the singing voice but it seems there's two people for the speaking voice. Like they got one of the storyboard artists to fill in.

No, it's not just you. I would have thought it was pretty obvious seeing as Scar went from being British to being American

Gaston in the new beauty and beast was a greedy asshole and not misunderstood or sympathetic

Then again he was also a fucking white male

This scene was added to the Broadway musical.

He was a little funny back when he was a comedian and not a political propaganda speaker that covered it up in shitty laugh track jokes that are staged to make the audience agree with whatever he says. Listening to his new shit compared to his old is incomperable, it was even found out that he had an off-shore bank account after he did his video shitting on off-shore bank accounts. He is quite literally the left-wing alex jones in terms of the legitimacy of only his commentary, as alex jones is actually funny to watch and listen.

crown not head.

The german concentration camps had a ton of gypsies too but you never see any of them in jewish holocaust films.

To be fair, everyone was even more horrible in that live-action travesty than in the original. Belle was a straight-up savage bitch in the scene where she first talks to Gaston, in the original she was basically a fairly sweet and polite girl who only got a bit nasty when Gaston went way overboard, live-action Gaston was positively mild by comparison while Belle is basically "ew, get away from me you filthy pleb".

Not that animated Belle wasn't kind of a bitch at times too but Watson's Belle just took it to a whole other level.

Never seen the /k/ greentexts on women in the military have you?

I wouldn't go so far as to call Dobby ugly. She does look like Dobby, though

This has to be a tastless joke.

Nala has a perfectly good song for that time: Shadowlands/Lea Halalela. At least no fucking Morning Report garbage. This is the one remake that actually pisses me off. TLK was such a massive part of my young life, I guess I take it personally in a stupid way. I hope it fails miserably.

Agreed

What the fuck.
The only legitimate reason I can think of ever remaking the Lion King is to add the songs from the musical, namely Madness of King Scar & Shadowland.
Otherwise, fuck off.

Gypsies don't run Hollywood.

What about a Hunchback adaptation thats more accurate to the original Victor Hugo novel but still has songs from the Disney movie.

i do remember some user saying she jerked him, cant remember if it was a larp or not.
he said she was medical personnel and she gave him a lift and jerked him