Battleborn was Gearbox's highest budget game

Battleborn was Gearbox's highest budget game.

It cost them more than Borderlands 1 and 2 combined.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/sfGXT
archive.is/TPn4O
please
archive.is/URCsP
youtu.be/ZiT6EAehctY?t=131
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

source

Gonna need a source there, buddy.

This is what makes no sense to me. I get not wanting to make Borderlands over and over forever, but two entries isn't that much.

On a semi-related note, will Borderlands become yet another example of that weird game trend where a game gets a first entry, then a sequel with "2" at the end of the title, but then for some reason making another sequel with "3" in the title just won't happen?

That's done to rig search results so the newest game pops up before the old one once enough recent material is made. Test it with "Metal Gear Solid", then try "Doom game"

Remember some of that "money" for BL came from SEGA who intended for them to use it on Aliens:Colonel Marines who then got that project and sent most of it to be made by another developer TimeGate Studios and the DLC was made by Demiurge Studios and Nerve Software.

Also to avoid scaring new players off with a number.

The earliest example I know of that as an explicit motive is Thief Deadly Shadows instead of Thief 3.

Where's the source though

archive.is/sfGXT

Here you go fellow redditors.

FUCK

YOU

GEARBOX
A
Y
B
O
Y

Makes me happy Gearbox finally got what was coming to them for years.

I will never forgive them.

I still own this issue. I was too hyped for this just to see it burn in their hands.

I'm glad it's such a failure, then.
Get fucked, Randy.

JUST

Good. Fuck them, they are a company infested with SJWs. I hope they eat shit and die.

mitebgood?

Maybe some competition indeed and I'm sure he's having all the fun in the world now.

Gets better and better. Sex negative feminism and anti-fan service does not sale games. Go figure.

Can confirm. Worked for gearbox for over two years. Certain employees were lije walking eggshells. People saying things almost like laying out traps to see if you would fall into it so they could report you to HR so you would get PIPed or you'd seem like a non supporter if you didn't attend some weekend social LGTB gathering that random no name girl in accounting was throwing g even if you're in engineering.

Constant circle jerk over products, self depreciation and lying to themselves them daily meetings where they try to make light of reviewers making legitimate critiques of games.

Finding a jim sterling dart board once. . .

It's the definition of an Austin company.

You think they would've made a Borderlands: Reloaded edition or something with minimally upgraded graphics and cut content by now

Been a long time since I've seen that

They did just that on PS4/Xbone. I don't think anyone cared.

Probably fake, but I wouldn't doubt it at this point.

It blows my mind that they take Aliens, and make it into some mindless cover-based shooter shit, with teleporting allies and some of the worst AI ever, and on top of that did some of the scummiest shit I've ever seen while still believing they did nothing wrong.

Because my english was all buggered up there. . .

Some employee's spent entire days trying to listen to other peoples conversations. They'll take a single thing they disagree with and just go and report it. We're talking we had someone talking about bayonetta 2 when it released and how it was just ae fantastic game, said person chimes in, "I dont like how they sexualize her." Said person recieves a good 5 seconds of silence because everyone is trying to process how to proceed because Bayo 2 is good and we want to talk about combos and shit but we know said person just left a shit trap in front of us. Said person is waiting for us to either A. Agree or B. Agree Harder. There is no choice really. Instead I calmly say, "I have't really gotten a chance to play it but I like the opeing christmas scene." Fuck. Why did I do that? Now we're talking about Jesus and christmas and "Happy Holidays" type of stuff. My friend looks at me like "U DUN FUKED UP!" I realize I dun fuked up. It begins. The monster begins to talk about how christmas is blah and bad and commercial holidays. Why did I try? Why did I even try?

Next day we have a meeting and we are told about how tolerance for all religions is important.

Later have meeting with my Manager he brings up that I was talking about christmas or christian holidays. Had forgotten about this. I explain The christmas scene from bayo 2 and they said they dont know what I"m even talking about. I proceed to explain said scene. They continue to stare at me like I'm a fucking nut job when I say this is a game where the opening scene takes place on christmas. They stare at me like I just had marbles fall out of my mouth. Again I reiterate it and they say, "Okay. Well why were you talking about it?" What the fuck? The context was to divert the conversation. Why would you want to divert the conversation were you uncomfortable? I'm uncomfortable now. Explain that this whole situation is odd because I just wanted to talk about doing combos. Realize that manager doesn't play games at all so now it looks like I'm a sperg talking about combo's and they are fully thinking about those cheese doodle pretzels. FML.

I realize they've been spending money on trying making some person who talks about CIS gender shit all the time happy.

I then realize that instead of having acceptance towards everyone they now become unacceptant towards people who identify themselves as either straight or gay or male or female. Instead if you dont use some sort of whacky language to describe yourself "Single Cis Gender White Male" Suddnely youre not tolerant.

I got pissed off and went to a regular company.

There is no way Gearbox will survive, it'll burn from the inside because the people working within it try too hard to mold into hug boxes for everything.

It was before Gamestop bought GameInformer.

Burn in hell, Gearbox.

*for another game

So they're not all bad.

If only this could fail the company whole, fucking fraudulent shits stealing from a small time animation studio because they(gearbox) knew the animators were too small to sue them.

Please don't make jokes like that.

Since Borderlands was barely a game and seemed that it was kicked out of the womb prematurely depending on their good friends in the press to hype it up and Borderlands 2 was was basically the same game as the first one + a slot machine + memes , i will listen&habeeb to Randy "MH370" Pitchford this time

All these shills.
Let it go, your shitty game from your shitty Dec's is dead.

cont.

I wont say any names but before anyone asks.

Never met burch personally, I heard he was actually alright to work with but then again writers are more or less a mess to work with because they come up to you with something impossible to create but still want it. So that's why the dialogue goes way overboard to fill in all the ideas. For some reason "Midgets" were like the okay thing to make fun of. Not women but midgets so they would go hard on midget jokes like it was the best thing ever. It got to a point where we had a meeting and during the retro people on a weekly/monthly basis would be like "Why are there so many little people missions?" So a good chunk would just be replaced with dog or animal or something else. I can't remember a specific one other than there was a toilet midget who was supposed to crawl up someones butthole or something like a psycho has to shit, runs into stall, midget is in toilet, he jumps into persons asshole and explodes from their chest like the alien from aliens. Somehow that was the breaking point.

it wasnt like a good dartboard it was a dartboard that somene cut jim sterling out and stuck it on with a thumbtack. I think they were trying to pull a funny but I dont remember anyone saying anything about it.

I stand corrected, but not surprised

Your pain echos across the universe and a hundred thousand interns cry out in shared anguish.

I want to say that less than half of the managers at high level actually play games at all. They are familiar but when it works like this:
Person A: Complains about game and says that it sexualizes women and the main character is oversexualized (etc)
Person B: I like the game, I like combos in it and I like chrimstmas.

You look like a fucking retard and they are just writing this down as you try to explain why "I leik veedeh games dey are fun."

good

This isn't the first time they did this though. Around Destiny's launch they released Borderlands 1.5, and for some reason they thought they could go toe to toe with Bungie and the hyped "next gen"

it wouldn't surprise me if Blizzard bribed them or planted insiders to make it seem like a good idea. a game will do better when it's conceived to be above the competition rather than released in a void.

They think that people will continue to buy DLC for their games that are released 2+ years and when the idea of releasing a 40+ dollar all dlc inclusive pack even comes up it gets shut down because money.

But some money is better than no money, right? But this cost more than 40 dollars to make. No shit it did but if you have 100k people buy it at 40 bucks a pop than why not?

Gearbox doesn't fucking get it. The managers dont get it. The only people working there that arent complete fuckheads are the engineers and we were just trying to weather a storm.

Are you implying people bought it on Holla Forums.

there was one guy avatarfagging every thread with Jack Frost images about how it isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is.

What the fuck is Borderlands 1.5?

Pre-Sequel.

I refuse to call it that because it's such a stupid name.

It killed Gearbox so it's good enough for me.

You're everything wrong with vidya. Kill yourself.

Remember when a Gamespot "journalist" reviewed the PS1 Aliens Resurrection and kept whining about it's new dual analog control scheme, finding it inferior to pre-analog FPS controls (ones designed pic related) then went on to say you should wait for Colonial Marines?

archive.is/TPn4O

>>>/suicide/

The only reason I was ever Condsidering buying Battleborn was for Galilea, but it might fail before I even finish making an animation for it to get them shekels.

can you recommend any recent fps games that have coop? that's really all that i'm looking for

back when everyone was playing custom games in wc3 i was the faggot who only played the coop/adventure maps

Does it still count as suicide watch if no one is watching?

Deathwing
Shadow Warrior 2
Project Reality
Insurgency
A shitton of mods

You TF2 timesink niggers need to kill yourselves.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, ONE AND ALL (except queers) GATHER ROUND TO WATCH A SHITTY COMPANY REAP WHAT THEY SOW

For shame gearbox.

Deathwing is probably the best bet, but it isn't even out yet. Neither is Shadow Warrior 2. I'll need to look into Project Reality.

I prefer PvE over PvP, otherwise I would've gone to Overwatch.

I have played a bunch of mods too, but the focus of most standalone games seems to be PvP. I think I'm in the minority, especially with all these ASSFAGGOTS releases that have been coming through lately. Battleborn's the only one I'm aware of that had coop.

EYE divine cybermancy.

At least 50% of their staff are manlets. When will they learn?

BURN, BABY, BURN

I'm getting ptsd over here all over again.

Already played it, gained lots of Brouzouf.

Might as well go back to it though, at this point it probably has more players.

Wait a gosh darn tootin' city slickin' momento….

What race is Anthony?

Manlet

Liberal cuck.

judging from his family I'd say mulatto.

I wonder how tall he is. He looks 5'7" to me.

>tfw you were a fan of the first Borderlands
>Loved the background lore and atmosphere of the setting (which is a separate thing from the plot.)
>This new writer ends up being on of the biggest SJW, nu-male, literal cucks in gaming. He only skimmed the BL wiki and has no clue how to write for the series if it wasn't apparent enough already. Lore and atmosphere get raped.
There's an ache in my heart for what could have been.

Faggot.

This too?

His father is white, but his mother is Filipina. Yet both he and his sister look neither white nor Filipino and instead look like some mutant East Indians.

I'm with you on this. They had something really good going with the whole Mad Max aesthetic and setting, even if they stole the art style.

I know that feeling m8.

Sounds like bullshit, but I believe it considering how much of an asshole Pitchford is.

Still, any stories on Aliens: Colonial Marines' development?

Too bad Anthony Burch isn't with them anymore to be involved into their utter demise.

Never cared about HGL, but CO still makes me feel like a fool every time i see as it was my first encounter with a p2w mmo.
I loved playing that game way back when with /tg/, Holla Forums and Holla Forums back on cuckchan but the p2w shit killed it for me.
It wasn't just the cosmetics, fuck that shit, entire story based episodes/raids were walled off to f2players and the only thing we could do is kill 150 trash mob quests, i could forgive it even that until i had my first pvp with some guy, i was something like lvl20, he was lvl 6, he had two drones flying around him, one constantly kept his health at max, remember, i was 15+ lvl higher than him, and the other fired a red laser that instakilled me, turns out they were some kind of original buyers exclusive items.
It was alt+f4, followed by uninstall the program shortly after that.

Well they turned the Siren from Fanservice: The Character to Stronk Empowered Wymyn: The Character, and fucked over the entire cast of the first game. I honestly think Burch and the others hated the first game.

Fuck them all. I enjoyed it.

Yes, he hated the first game so much that he said in his Hey Ash videos how awesome he thought the first game was, your narrative makes sense.

He might be a dickhead, but you don't have to make up shit to make him look like an even bigger dickhead.

Sup Anthony.

Hurr.

Chen is best 2hu.

Holy shit, it's nothing but white peo–Wait, found the token black dude.

I didnt ever have a chance to do anything with it personally. I played it for maybe two days and at the time it seemed fine I guess. When it reached a dev to do a quick fix there was something he found like that internal AI logic was tied into alight fixture and if you shot out the light the game would shit the bed. Something ridiculously stupid like that. My extent of it was "hey here's a copy. You wanna try it?" "Sure" "What'd you think?" "Fine I guess?" "Cool." Mind you when you work on the same thing forever you tend to be more bias towards shit. So if you keep working on shit level games or repetitive things you're not really doing more than finding bugs or anything like that. Mostly it was outsourced anyway.

How does this image make you feel faggot?

bankruptcy when?

I'm so glad it worked out well for them.

Gearbox is based in Dallas, not Austin.

Source that you were an employee or GTFO.

Don't care if this is true or not, I just feel like laughing at Battleborn

Soon.

Why

don't they realize that to waifu bait you have to make your character attractive?

They probably take the "slap some titties on them and call it a day" approach.

Super Mario World

Requesting a source does not make someone a redditor, newfag.

not being able to google easily confirmed information is, in fact, reddit.

If you want people to listen and believe you OP then may I suggest you go here.
>>>/tumblr/

(((Miyamoto)))
(((Iwata)))

Good fucking riddance, if Gearbox files for bankruptcy maybe a good company will buy up Duke Nukem and we can have a good Douk game instead of the game we got years ago.

Memelands is fucking dead though, I hope it just dies.

Speaking of Duke Nukem, has there been any news about that potential lawsuit against the dude who had a legacy contract with 3D Realms for rereleases of the old games? Or was Pitchford full of hot air and pussied out when the dude went "I have literally nothing to lose, bring it on, asshole."

Borderlands was good and it seemed like it would be incredibly hard to mess that up cause the game was already well realized and great as is instead they took so many steps back, so much so that borderlands 2 felt like the first game and Borderlands 1 feels like the second I will never understand how they managed to screw something up that hard all they had to do was improve upon existing mechanics (not remove them) polish the game up a little refine existing ideas, add some new vehicles more places to use them, add a bit more weapon and enemy variety, I even thought the writing in the first game was good they could have improved upon it but it was a good start, and just in general iron out some of the bugs, instead they went took so many steps back that they ruined their reputation and the only good thing they ever made.

Rip old Tourge and S&S Munitions, Atlas was coo, oh god its all coming back to me ;_;

Making a thread with out a source making a wild claim about something with no proof is more reddit then trying to verify if a thread is worth contributing to based on whether the claims made hold water and it either it stands on its own validity or if its pure misinformation/false assertion/shitposting.

Uhh… If you mean about Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction, 3D Realms has been granted the ability to rebuy the franchise…

AT EQUAL COST THAT IT SOLD IT FOR

But since 3D Realms is fucking broke, I don't see it happening.

To add to problems, they seem to be going towards the "Wild West, but in space" aesthetic, especially in Tales from The Borderlands. It annoys me because I can see where they're making the mistake. They've heard people refer to BL as a "space western" without realizing that BL was a Wasteland Story first and Space Western second. The First BL was designed to look like Fallout, but after the redesign it became more like "Space trailer park in the Dirty South meets West Africa". BL1 was essentially New Junk City from Earthworm Jim stretched to an entire world.

He didn't hate the first game, he just didn't know what the fuck he was writing for. He couldn't write dark humor or satire so he used memes; he couldn't write for an apocalyptic wasteland setting, so he wrote like it was for Firefly; he pulled an all-nighter skimming the wiki, so he only had a spectator's idea on what the atmosphere and characters were like, so he wrote his own horrible narrative; I've even heard rumors that he didn't even play the first game, where while I'm suspect that it might be exaggeration, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being true.
In short: he didn't know how to write for the game and couldn't annex any of the old stuff, so instead he tried to make his own thing where he killed off and rewrote all the old game's canon and characters to make a new and improved version of his own that increasingly became more stuffed full of SocJus shit as time went on.

That being said, one of the only things I think he did right was changing Roland's voice. Based on appearance, Roland just looks dour and world-weary, like he's seen some shit, so it was strange how he spoke like Louis from L4D minus the peeeeelz, BEEYOTCH! Of course, he likely only did this because he found the "black gangsta" voice to be problematic and instead requested for him to sound more like Obama. I felt like it was an agreeable change, but I sense that it was probably done for all the wrong reasons.

I feel the exact same way. They did some good things like add movement into the FFYL mode whenever you got downed and Krieg was a genuinely fun to play as, but everything else really does make it seem like they took one step forward and two steps back. The loot chances were fucked, the COMs felt neutered, and the writing was somehow worse.
I'm still pissed about what they did to Torgue. "Hey guys, Instead of being all about high damage and low accuracy, instead let's make Torgue all about explosions for some reason! Oh, and while we're at it, let's make explosive damage exclusive to only ONE corporation! And they'll all use shitty, slow-ass gyro-jet ammunition!" It was fucking stupid and if they had any self-awareness they should have felt ashamed of themselves.
As much as I loved the Bandit gun aesthetic, they somehow thought that ammo capacity alone was enough to compensate for having shitty stats on everything else, making them some of the worst guns in the game unless you're playing as Krieg. We did not need to lose S&S for that bullshit.
Atlas: RIP.

Seeing how they've done the Presequel and based the Telltale games off of Burch's BL2, I too hope it stays dead. Watching what came from BL1 has been like watching a niece or nephew grow up into a crack whore.

How the fuck is that even possible. Theres so much less in terms of assets in battleborn. Dud they blow most of it on marketing? I doubt it cause i didnt even know this thing existed until i learned about it here.

The game is a shit to boot. Wtf gearbox

You're retarded if you think bad writing is the primary or only fault with Borderlands you're probably retarded. Borderlands a shit series with cheap as fuck gameplay and just like TES because there is no competitor you are completely blind to see how bad things are.

I just want to play City of Heroes again

;_;

And yet it's only animated cutscene was the intro. Where the fuck did all the money went to?.

pathetic advertising attempts and voice acting or something is what i would bank on

the game really seems to have fucking nothing going for it and it made a monumental mistake trying to fight overwatch, and fight overwatch while being more expensive than overwatch

I hope they die as a company for fucking up duke nukem forever (in both senses).

You're not alone, playing it right now, pic related.

Kill yourself.

The game per se is not bad, it's actually good as long as you know where you're getting at.
However Gearbox and 2K is cancer and they do deserve what's going on to them, but it's such a shame that when they finally did something decent the users have to pay for it.

Suck my dick Blizzcuck shill, choke on it

This is too much

I don't understand why you are posting here. You'll find more people with the same mentality as you in halfchan and don't give me the "hurr cuckchans sucks shit "because your opinion is not worth shit on that matter.

Boohoo cry me a fucking river you nigger.
Just because I play a game that doesn't have a "seal of approval" doesn't make me whatever cancer you're thinking of.

Do you see me posting a thread of the game to talk about it here faggot?

I can assure you that I've been in Holla Forums longer than you for that matter.

You gotta go back. You would feel more at home there.

My fucking ass you have.

Triggered.

You have to go back

What rank are you? I just hit 100 this week

Also, what level is Ambra at? She's pretty horrible out of the gate, but her unlockable helix options give her a lot of added utility, and when coupled with her lore legendary (automatic heat generation) she turns into a long range character that doesn't have to go near the enemy ever again

>>>/out/

As much as people here like to shit on Telltale, their take on Borderlands was alright for what it was.

They at least tried to write something resembling a story. It certainly has a better plot than all of the games Gearbox has put out.

STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES

>>>/suicide/

I'm curious to see how long you'll keep that up.

Be happy that the other user isn't posting, I guess. Not much reason have a discussion when the other guy's gone, especially when it's about a game that only two people have ever played.

CR100 from long, long ago mate. I got it in two weeks.

Ambra is not high level since I don't play her as much, I just enjoy her design and when someone is new to the game and asks me around I support them with Ambra. She's 10 at the moment.
Yes her legendary is really good, I'm almost there, 400/500. I'll do some story mission with a few friends tomorrow and finish her lore challenges and get her legendary.

Ten years you faggot.

I was in a match, but what do you expect from shitposters, they don't play vidya user. They just love to find whatever they want to shit on it and make a sekrit klub, I wouldnt be surprised if they were shitting in this very moment the OW containtment thread.

They should have put half as much into marking and made it a meme game like overwatch

Didnt it cost that much because it started development as a Brothers in Arms game? and that got canned and turned into battleborn?

Kinda hard to not rack up millions of dollars in costs when something takes 8 years to make if we go by the last release of a gearbox BiA game.

please use archive.is/furious-4-is-no-more-became-battleborn-says-pitchford/

posting an old webm because I don't have much else at the moment

A lot of people have good reason to hate on Gearbox and 2K. I don't like them either, they made (and continue to make) a lot of shitty decisions and have been a detriment to the health of the games. They're taking too long to fix issues, with console parity being at least one of their excuses. Not even Blizzard is doing that with Overwatch.

Overwatch and Battleborn both had early access periods. I was going to buy Overwatch, but decided to wait and try them both. I was surprised that I found Battleborn to be more enjoyable. Overwatch has most of the problems that TF2 did.

Releasing the games so close together was another horrible decision on Gearbox's part. They're different games at least for me, as I play mostly PvE and Overwatch doesn't have any

If Overwatch wasn't PvP only, I'd be all over it

for fucks sake.

archive.is/URCsP

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that GB eventually stopped doing meth for five seconds to hand the pen over to somebody, anybody, other than Burch, but I think that TFTBL is fundamentally flawed because it's based on the lore established by BL2.

nigga we all reddit on the inside

stop projecting

does the concept offend you, rellow redditor?

The PvE on BB is not good till you get 3 players or more though mate. Try advanced with 5 players, shit gets hard with a swarm of enemies that hit like a truck.

Yes, I've never defended GBX or 2K, in fact they're cancer and their decisions on BB has fucked up the alraedy low playerbase, like adding microtransactions so fast instead of using more manpower to add more content and speed up the DLC for the season pass holders I didn't buy the season pass neither I intend to.

They have used as an excuse that PC is actually taking longer than consoles because more bugs are appearing in it and they need more time with it. In my opinion that's just a silly excuse for their ineptitude.

They have made many, many fucking mistakes, and it's a shame because the game doesn't deserve this publisher neither this devs. I wonder what would have happened if BB were in hands of a better dev team.

Can someone explain to me why colonial Marines? why everyone was so upset about it? I know it sucked but what happened?

I agree, increasing the number of enemies proportional to the number of players was great. It was a problem for defense missions though, as they'd swarm the objective or all shoot it from far away.

PvE can be okay with one or two as well. I'm running around and still finding secrets that other people at my level didn't know were there. In my last game, I helped an Attikus punch Rendain in the face for his lore challenge.

Gearbox was using the money Sega gave them to develop Borderlands 2 instead

my bad, looked it up, it was apparently the original Borderlands

youtu.be/ZiT6EAehctY?t=131

TLDR hugely misleading pre release marketing content, I think they outsourced development, they used money from sega to develop borderlands instead of CM.

Nah fuck telltale and their shitty exposition corridors, I tried playing the first episode of that shit free and they walked down 3 hallways talking about the fucking story within the first 30 minutes.

I also love the detail of chests and dialogue changing randomly even if you repeat the same mission.

Don't remind me. At least Attikus legendary was worth it.

Shit's intense man. It actually make people fucking work together to actually DEFEND and it makes more reason to finally use defensive characters in PvE.

I'm trying to see how much dialogue I can find. It sounds like there might be a hidden conversation between Ambra and Galilea if you take them both to the Heliophage.

Somehow, we were able to beat the Saboteur with a full team before the patch where core health was increased. It was brutal, and wasn't even on advanced. I don't remember who was there, but I think it was Toby and ISIC, at the very least.

Given what I've heard from other people, defense missions are the most popular. My favourite would have to be the raid-style missions, with my favourite out of that being the Algorithm. They make the game feel like an MMO but without all the grind.

Marquis crying for the wolf sentinel cracked me up, I didn't expect it.
Or in The Archive with Oscar Mike, when they were uploading data to Chronicle he seems to find something and OM shouting out of the blue "Those are private".
The dialogue on this game is quite detailed with a fuckload of lines making every fucking run unique.

The second mission is the one that has the most dialogue with characters, the 25 of them will reply to the question of the Sentry "What are we going to do afterwards?".

The mission most popular (before the legendary nerfs) was The Sentinel to grind those sweet Chrono Keys.

And yes, I wish they would have made more Raid bosses like in Algorithm or at least with as many bosses as that one. The defense one lack boss fights in my opinion.

massive fucking bait and switch, on top of the worst visual downgrades i've ever seen. on top of that it didn't live up to a single thing it boasted from the initial footage (which was just fake footage pretty much). its pretty much a shovelware product because they took the money from sega to produce aliens and put it towards borderlands. how they got away with it is what's most baffling

San Fransisco's water supply. Now with Extra Fukushima Radiation, BPA, medication remnants and fluoride.

Oscar Mike has a lore entry where you see one of the aforementioned poems about spiders.

Apparently ISIC has a chance to reference Montana's theme song during his mission. He says it sucks.

Shame about the legendaries, they should've kept the old values for PvE

Burch's alimony payments.

They did outsource a large part of the development to a now dead shit tier studio in Texas called TimeGate.

I know. I was there.

How could they fuck it up THIS much. Impending Chapter 11

well for starters blizzard made sure to have a few attractive marketable characters, and then marketed the shit out of them. not too much of battleborns budget seems to have went in to getting word out, as if they expected "FROM THE CREATORS OF BORDERLANDS" to carry them to the finish line after its fallen out of the spotlight for all this time

AND NOW POST YFW YOURE NOT RANDY PITCHCUCK

Plus they also had the characters be fairly simple in design, as well as let them had something that is close to a personality, meanwhile, Gearbox had a unruly missmatch of characters that have all annoying personalities written by autistic lemmings.

I mean seriously, ALL of the BB characters look like shit that should have stayed in the concept drawlings

wait which game are we talking about?

How would of this game been saveable while still being launched at a similar time as Overwatch.

An idea
1. Shove some memelands characters in there
2. Make some waifu bait that is actually attractive
3. Up the violence a bit. Dismemberment gimmick worked well for chivalry.

If you do shit right. Games will market themselves. Gearbox obviously didn't fucking understand this.

Fuck off skinwalkers.

Good they deserve bankruptcy after all the shit they've pulled, couldn't have happened to a more deserving company.

>Meanwhile they've already implemented microtransactions

More like Stillborn, amirite

I have hope that things will get better

That joke is old Carlos.

who is this semen demon

Never even heard of it.

Sadistic fairy from Moe Chronicle.

Probably should have put more money in advertising it like Destiny did.

fairy bros always deliver, thank you

I think he means Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition, user. From what I heard (and tried looking from Steam), it got taken out of the store because Gearbox owns the rights or some shit and threatened the guy who had said legacy contract with a possible lawsuit.

They did 3 games and let telltale make one of their interactive comic books. 4 games is "that much" which is too fucking much for a shitty series.

If those are tiny I would hate to see what they consider big.

But at least you're not Randy Pitchfork. :^)

The guy is also a cripple and has a wife dying of cancer.

I just checked the discussion board for it, and it was Devolver Digital who was selling it. Anyway, Gearbox has the rights to it now, and they claim they're going to put Duke3D back on Steam "soon."

nu-male is real

Goddamn.

cuckasian

are you implying Blizzard had no hand in the making of Overwatch memes?

Stop! It is already dead!

>not homeworld vr

Pretty sure the pre-sequel was farmed out, and obviously Gearbox didn't make that story one. So Gearbox themselves only made two, and the development of two games is what I mean isn't "that much." Two Borderlands games shouldn't be enough for developer burnout, plenty of studios have made more than two games in a given series in a row.

Jokes?
Don't you know this is guaranteed to happen?
This is hell after all.

God damnit user that got me chuckling.

They should have really delayed the release, why would they ever compete with Overwatch directly

That character is so ugly. Looks like an even older and skankier version of Angelina Jolie.

Witcher changed logo for this

I don't get the point you're trying to make with that pic. That people bought Overwatch?

Probably got away with it because it was such a clusterfuck from start to finish the lawyers didn't know where to begin and everyone involved just wanted to pretend it never happened.

The Pre-Sequel was farmed out, yeah.

You know what's even sadder?
Saying that those visual downgrades pale in comparison to what Ubisoft did with Siege, doesn't even begin to do it justice. They took a game that looked good for a current gen title, and downgraded it to the point, that it wouldn't stand out on the PS3. I am »not« kidding. It looks like they accidentally shipped the 5 years old prequel instead of the newly developed game.

THIS GAME CAME OUT LESS THAN TWO MONTHS AGO.

Someone also needs to post that picture of all of those The Old Republic collector editions on sale at Kmart for $20 a few months after release.

…I bought that game at launch. I love the Champions Table top game and was hyped as hell. Why do you make me sad?

There's always Dungeon Doom

DUDE FUCKING PS4 CONTROLLERS FOR 10 BUCKS AWESOME

Its already deader than Evolve.

The only thing that would save it is going F2P, even then I doubt it. I just wonder why 2K thinks its a good idea to release games with no appeal at a 60 dollar asking price instead of going the F2P route.

And to think… People keep telling me that a game crash is impossible.
I don't buy that for a moment.

fuck yeah feminism is great!
-character from battleborn unaware of his impending doom

anyone got any forum pics of bans?

I really would like to see them

A big game flopping doesn't mean vidya will crash, mate.

What does this image have to do with anything?

*Look closer at the bottom left*

I've been looking there for the past five minutes but I still don't get it.

The Pre-Sequel didn't sold.

The fact is that Borderlands 2 + all add-ons is a fucking HUUUUUGGGGEEE game. To the point you overdose on it if you want to do a 100% run.

So nobody wanted more of the same.

Yet they released more of the same, expecting good sales since the 2 sold very well, and may not even have made their money back while it was supposed to be a cash grab (remember they restructured the studio right after, debarking Burch most notably).

So yeah Borderland is on a serious cooldown, even if it's just after 3 games, the third was already too much.

same here

I think it was about falling like DOMINOS. Get it?

My impatience to get a legit good game is intensifying to the point I am barely able to contain it.

They probably thought that it'd sell because it's from "THE MAKERS OF BORDERLANDS GUYS, REMEMBER HOW MUCH FUN YOU HAD WITH BORDERLANDS AND BUTT STALLION AND STUFF GUYS"

And look where it is now. Buried like Curtis Axel.

How dare you