HE SAVED AN A PRESS

HE SAVED AN A PRESS

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pannenkoek2012
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGH

Is tgis the mario 64 mega autist who is trying to 100% with as little jumps as possible?

NOW THATS WHAT I CALL GOOD AUTISM

I have absolutely no idea what this thread is about.

pannenkoek2012 AUTISM thread!

Run while you still have inocence

So does he have a case with this half-a press notion? Because to me an A press is an A press.

oh no we are not doing it yet again

All memes aside, you can't half press a button, you either press it or you don't. Releasing the button is a completely separate action.

""""Henry"""" pls

I never knew you could pick up the underwater shell

basically a "half A press" is just 2 A presses being merged into one but because he splits runs into segments the merged A press is cut in half. This means that within the section of the full game run its a extra A press but in the overall run full game run itself it is not an extra A press because it is merged with an earlier A press so its called a "half A press"

You can't "half press" but you can press it once in a level and hold it until the next level, where you don't need an extra press, just the button held down (for kicks and extra air time). It's one press for 2 levels, so each level takes a "half press"

FORCED MEME

So it is an A-press spread across two levels? I guess that kind of makes sense.

If you watch his 25 min long video about that, he explains everything.

Why is he doing this?
Is this what NEET life is like?

You don't even have to watch the whole 25 minutes. He explains it in the first 2 or 3 minutes

I thought it was the extended periods he wastes finding ways to reduce the amount of jumps he has to do in a mario game run that was autistic not the terminology?

Basically, he considers an A press to be composed of three phases, which consist of push, hold (optional) and release. This is in line with most engines programming since they capture both the press and release event.

Since he enters the level while in the hold state, he is splitting the press in two, since he does the press and first part of the hold outside the level, whereas he finishes the second part of the hold stage and release while inside the level. It's by all means half an a press if you follow his notation.

Halfchan Holla Forums meme ignore

It should be a crime to do things like this to a person's sides

Nah, even if you don't release it, you already pressed it once. The reason it's a considered half press is because it's in a playtrough of all levels, pressing the button in a level and not releasing it until the next level saves a press in the second level, so the second level doesn't need an entire new press, only half of the first press.

What the fuck is even going on in here

The ultimate goal is a 0 A presses, so obviously this argument doesn't even matter in the long run

Essentially a guy learned the quirks of the game engine to manipulate how much he actually has to jump just to beat a level which results in using "parallel" universes as the game attempts to remap Mario from the absurd speed at which he backs into a wall. It's quality math at work, check it out in his video.

Why not just play the game
I understand game breaking, i did it from time to time
But it breaks people, it's a big hole you really don't want to go fully
And purists these days are scarce, newfags and kids prefer tool assisted shenanigans, and the "legit" guys are a bunch of reddit gayholes

Honestly, Pan is a nice guy. He's the good kind of autistic, and he just has an obsession with this game. Fixation is perfectly fine, and he does do things other than just Mario, albeit that's his primary focus, and the only thing he makes videos on.

I've been subscribed to him for a while, and I enjoy that he has a basic findings channel, and a completed findings channel. It's nice to be able to sort through the game mechanics, even if you'd never do a speed run, it's interesting to see.

I don't know why you guys always get so upset with him. Isn't it kind of neat to see the inner workings of a game we used to play as kids? If that's what he likes to do, then eh, to each their own.

Some people build the mountains they set to climb. It may look like a huge waste of time, to you, but it is an awe inspiring waste of time.

Others build the speed they set to traverse QPUs

we don't hate on him
we admire the man for his level of dedication and autism

I can proudly say I have seen every single one of his main channel video and all the findings on his secondary channels (not the runs since they're very repetitive and just putting his knowledge into practice)

That's real typical of you, "Henry".

Fucking niggers

That's the kind of autism I can get behind.

I don't, I think he's fucking retarded for having spent so much time deconstructing the game engine to every last quirk for the purpose of doing a few things that were never meant to happen in a game for a system that has been for years a relic of console history.
I pity him, for the fact that it isn't enough to simply play a game for the sake of enjoying the game itself, but rather he has to spent so much of his life figuring out what makes the game tick, and yet will never produce anything out of the knowledge accrued.

It's healthy to have a hobby.

How dare him!? He should be playing games the way God intended and the same way I do!

His body is made of controllers
His blood is of half-presses and his heart of autism
He played through countless speed-runs
Not even once using a redundant button press
Not even once being understood
He was always alone
Intoxicated with autism in a channel of YouTube videos
Thus, his life has no meaning
That body was certainly made out of controllers

Hey man, if he feels he gets validation from all that shit, good for him.

I'm just saying it doesn't take nearly as much effort to get my rocks off.

Really all this guy is doing is digging through the assembly, writing up code to simulate some functions, and using that knowledge to break the game. It's less autism and more rom-hackery programming knowledge.

you have to be pretty autistic to dig through assembly and understand it all though

Perhaps you have lower standards

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pannenkoek2012
He fucking has kikepedia article now?

Wait a minute,

wait, what's wrong with bisexual?
Just genuinely curious.

that's not bisexual though, it's other shit

But the user i'm replying has mistaked bisexual with "bigender"

Hopefully, it happens around the same time that ulilililia releases Platform Masters.

you say that like it's an easy and normal thing to do

understanding any large project's assembly code without documentation is absurdly convoluted, this guy is 100% grade-A autism and I love it.

WHY
THE
FUCK.

what kind of autism does this man have, and where can I acquire some?

Go to his channel, there is a 25 min video that explains everything.

The video is actually quite entertaining