I don't get it, I really don't

I don't get it, I really don't.

I decided to pick this one up after I saw matthewmatosis had done a commentary on it, I'd always wanted to play the series so I thought if there was ever a time to start, it was now.

The first few levels were breddy gud, I've played both Bayo 1 and 2 and I've gotten pure platinum in 2.

Right off the bat, let me just get this out of the way. The camera in DMC gives me fucking brain cancer, I have more trouble fighting the camera than I do fighting the enemies. I've played all of the RE games, so I thought I'd be used to it by now, but holy shit, the camera is abysmal in so many ways.

I hit a roadblock with Nelo Angelo, but I kept going. The game was fun from time to time, but the constant battle with the camera just kept me from enjoying it fully.

I ended up hitting mission 11 before writing this post, now let me just add: I'm not exactly someone who gets mad at video games, neither am I someone who usually has a problem with them. I've beaten Ghosts and Goblins before and didn't have any mental forthcomings during my playthrough.

So back to mission 11, I beat the boss, no problem and got to the forest where I finished 3 waves of enemies off. Anyway, I was just about to cross one of the two routes when I noticed something: The fucking light that you need to guide you wasn't there. So I decided to walk back and the camera does its usual garbage and switches around to another angle. I keep walking and you know what it does? It teleports me back to the start of the forest.

At this point, I just chucked my controller at the wall and turned of my PS2. I really don't know what to think about this game, it's fun sometimes but the camera is so fucking abysmal that I feel as if there's no reason to play.

My bad for the blog post, I just need to know what to think about all of this. If any of you anons can help me out with enjoying the game further in any way, just let me know.

TL;DR: DMC's combat is fun for me, but the abysmal camera ruins it, should I press onward, or just give up the game?

Other urls found in this thread:

residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_May_Cry.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All I want to do is feel Dante's sweaty ass on my face after he's done killing a shitload of demons.

I want a whiff of that scent as I rim him, is that so much to ask?

FUCK
U
C
==K–

YOU
O
U

oh no i messed up my meme text

If you dislike DMC1, skip 2 and move onto 3 and if you like 3 then go onto 4

FUCK YOU

The camera isn't that bad.

That's pretty gay, user.
Me too

That's the gimmick of that level. They tell you that up front. Figure out what you're supposed to do.

If something that small sets you off, I don't know if I'd advise playing further. Normal difficulty isn't even that tough.

When people praise Devil May Cry, they're really talking about 3 and 4 mostly, but DMC1 is a really, really nice game that gets overshadowed by the later ones, so it was smart of Matt to show it some love.

FUCK
YOU

Get out Satan.

This man is an idiot. You're a bitch if you skip 1. A game being a little jagged but still a great game is an incredibly poor reason to drop it and I seriously hope that everyone here is above that. If not, please at least start only pirating games because you're only ever going to play the most streamlined AAA trash.

Keep going you eventually get use to it

DMC1 is disgustingly dated, namely due to the horrible camera angles. Play 3 or 4, they're so much more enjoyable and fleshed out in every way.

Might just follow these guys' advice, I was looking for a bayo-like experience but I'm not finding that here. Is the PC version of DMC3 any good, or should I just play it on my PS2?

Me too user, me too.

I hear it's not good.
I've heard anons having trouble mapping their joystick and triggers to the controls.
You could use joy2key to make it work, but then you have 8-way movement instead of analog.

It worked fine with the controller I had at the time, and was great for me.
Pirate it and give it a shot.

Maybe someone might have some advice about emulating the ps2 version.

Alright basically, PC version is best version because of the Style Switcher mod. Fixes a bunch of problems and gives you the ability to on the fly style switch, DMC4 style.

People say "it makes the game too easy" because it gives you max levels of all the styles off the bat, but, honestly the styles aren't a question of additional power so much as more options. So.

GOing trickster teleport, switch to swordmaster, bang out a combo that switches through two weapons, and then gunslinger style for something, etc….

There's nothing quite like it bro.

Also, say good-bye to your joints.
DMC3 may have technical depth, but man they want you to MASH for everything. And HARD too.
Mash to fire the pistols, mash to activate more powerful attacks, mash to extend repetitive attacks like bullet-rain or million-stab or wildstomp.

It's fun and fucking crazy, but your hands will be sore if you go for that stuff.

That's pretty far off from vanilla though.
Because it wasn't liek you could switch style mid-level from the pause screen or something.
In DMC3 vanilla, you are locked in to a style for the whole level.
I like playing a game vanilla first before I go nuts with stuff like that.

BTW OP, DMC3SE will ask you "Gold or Yellow"?
Gold has checkpoints in the levels, and allows you to earn insta-revice Gold orbs as extra lives.
Yellow has checkpoints, but there are no gold orbs and you cannot use a checkpoint without spending a Yellow orb. So mostly you have to finish the whole level in one go, maybe get an extra chance at the boss at the end.

I picked yellow and I liked it, the combat is fun enough that going through a whole level again pretty fun. It presents the chance to try and get a better style rating on all the fights.

Maybe once you grow up, stop being a mouthbreathing retard, and formulate your own opinions on video games you'll start to understand? Saged, reported, hidden, called the cops and crying to my mommy.

shiggy

Woah there Donte, don't cut yourself there with all that edge.

were you triggered?

It's musk, user.
There's a clear difference.

Most people who praise it usually praise it for aesthetic design. Levels, characters, etc. It's never really seen as one of the DMC's with good gameplay. It's not awful, but it's a farcry from 4.

4 is the opposite end. It's overwhelmingly praised for it's deep combat, and rightfully so, it compensates for the lazy level design capcom took.

3 is seen as the best because it's a good balance. The combat is fleshed out and great but not quite as deep as 4, levels are wonderful and the deign is great, but never really gets as good as the original.

All in all, it wouldn't surprise me that you wouldn't like the gameplay as much as Bayonetta because as I mentioned, it just isn't as fleshed out as well as the rest of the DMC series

This isn't me saying DMC is a bad game in the slightest.

Who are these people? When I played, it locked my styles at whatever level I had them at.

And while the style switcher is nice it doesn't cover all the glaring flaws the port has.

I just want the HD collection ported to PC already…

git gud, kid.

Why? That sounds like a hugely uncomfortable experience.

How?

It sounds nice, he's done with his job, we get in the shower, I start scrubbing him down and put my face in his ass, nothing wrong with it.

lolwtf id filtered

Both of these are news to me, and I've been around cuhrayzee awhile.

That sounds really homosexual user. I think you might be gay.

THIS, the camera is something you get used to in the end, the game is gud, you should git too.

I finally picked up DMC1 around a year ago.

Put it down after a few levels. The game felt terribly dated and the camera was beyond shit.

Then I bought Bayonetta. It blew my fucking mind.

You are a casual if you could not play DMC 1. Hell I played all of them last year, even 2, and the games still holds up.(well except 2 that game was just a moneygrab). The fun part of DMC 1 is realizing that it was supposed to be Resident Evil 4, then it got a design change. just read about it here residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_May_Cry. Also that you can turn the game into a Emperor Palpatine simulator with lighting powers, ( I wish it carried over to 3 but then again 3 gave us true cuhrayzee). Also why the fuck would you think that it would be even close to Bayonetta if that came out 8 years later?

If there's something about DMC1 that the later ones don't have, there's a kind of balance that makes Red Orbs more valuable than they would be, which is then the incentive to explore the levels.

Maybe it's from forcing the player forward and not permitting farming earlier missions until level select is unlocked, but DMC3 and 4, Red Orbs pile up to the point I don't give a fuck about collecting them through out the level. It kind of becomes a chore in DMC4 because they've put way too many breakable objects in the mission.

Tonight, we bully in hell!

I recall it's just fixed cameras even in combat. I played DMC1 on an emulator with a keyboard and I happened to manage. If it's because you're getting hit a lot, try to listen for the attacks instead of just looking for them.