What's the Skyrim of film?

What's the Skyrim of film?
By that, I mean a film that was universally loved at first but as the years go by people realize it wasn't very good and begin to hate it along with the studio that produced it.

your favorite film

I still think it's good. It was never as good as the massive hype but it's totally enjoyable albeit repetitive after awhile.

Anyways, as for your description it should be Guardians of The Galaxy but people still cream over it.

shame the multiplayer that was just added for morrowind has nobody playing it

I've not seen Guardians of The Galaxy, but it looks fucking wank

Inception
Interstellar
The Dark Knight Rises
The Dark Knight
LOL

Terminator 2
Aliens
Titanic
Pretty much every JC flick except Terminator 1.

Oblivion was pretty fucking awesome, faggot.

I never hear anybody saying anything bad about The Dark Night, it's still loved by the normalfags I've met.

The quests and spell creation were great but the gameplay was absolute dogshit for 2006.

oblivion was largely dogshit

The archery is great, faggot.

Jurassic Park.

you know this to be true

Snakes on a plane hands down.

Todd Howard is Tarkosvky when he was like 5

Here's a reply to your shit bait, faggot. Kill yourself.

I usually think of Skyrim as Holla Forums's equivalent of The Dark Knight Rises. We were already gunning for Nolan after TDK, while they hated Bethesda for Oblivion. Both caused the boards to lose their shit not only over the entertainment itself, but the genre and creative director as well. Open world and capeshit. Liar Todd and Bravo Nolan. Toddposting and Baneposting. Both ended up ruining most of us for a long time and the anger hasn't gone away.

Agrees

Star Wars Episode 1, deserved or not. TFA will get there in time.

The Dark Knight Rises isn't even a bad movie really. It's still more fun to make fun of it than to sing it's praises though.

Not sure how Skyrim fit that mold, however. Those with taste realized it was shit early on and normalfags still love it.

Just like the rest of them

RPGs shouldn't have voice acting.

voice acting is fine as long as the game isn't made by retards

see, for example, Fallout New Begas

Would have been better without voice acting.

oh ok, silent movies when

New Vegas' voice acting was atrocious though.

I don't remember any of it being bad. a lot of it was just okay, but not bad.

Removing voice acting adds focus to the rest of the production. Especially now that voice actors want gibs.

then lets remove the story (back to pure pen and paper), the graphics (back to morrowind era), the gameplay (back to Daggerfall)

Voice acting isn't as fundamental as graphics or gameplay. Games like Arcanum and Fallout only had voice actors for bigger npc's, Mount and Blade only has them for a few lines here and there. It adds a bit to the game but removing it (or at least diminishing it's presence) wouldn't present much of an issue.

Such nice trips wasted on such a horrible post.

What makes a movie good has different qualities that what makes a game good.

Where do you think you are?

this but unironically

normalfags don't know what actually makes a bad movie, the entire film is a slog to get through and only watchable because heath ledger was damn good

I saw it recently and literally said aloud: "I AM ENTERTAINED!"

Voice acting is bad in RPGs because it limits how much writing their can be and which characters can have which dialogue. In Morrowind you can ask just about anyone about many topics that they would reasonably know about since they can all have the same response (for example, most people in the Telvanni would have the same opinion about House Hlaalu). This sounds pretty minor, but there's a lot of quests that are built around this like being able to ask anyone for directions or general information. If you aren't able to ask anyone in a city for directions within the city then that will hurt the role playing aspect as that is a question that you should be able to ask.

FNV was inoffensive because they put a ton of effort into the dialogue so most of it is decently-acted and of the characters you CAN talk to, they generally have a decent amount of dialogue. However there are still tons of generic NPCs that might as well be background filler and they'd be less useless if the game didn't have full voice acting.

The ideal solution is to go the VN route where each sentence is accompanied by some sort of audio cue and pose, that way you can get the voice and tone of a character but can still make tons of generic lines as well as not having to rely on voice actors to redo edits to dialogue and stuff.

Why is it bad?

This.
Tarkovsky is still loved by most people here but people who see past his bullshit realize he's actually a hack he's the perfect equal to Howard.

It tries to be cool but comes off as hamfisted and sloppy and there's a long string of attempts at silly one-liners. It's long, painfully slow, and the action scenes are poorly choreographed not to mention the cops rising up in a street fight was dumb, sappy, and should've ended with them as street paste when banes crew emptied ammo into them.
Batman saving the city from the nuke was as dumb as the indiana jones nuclear fridge and you're only surprised by batman surviving if you're dumb and don't remember him remote piloting the vehicles.

It's long, hammy, silly, and there's no payoff in good action sequences the joker bank robbery and highway chase were far more engaging than anything in TDKR.

It was a homage

ftfy

but as the years go by people realize it wasn't very good and begin to hate it along with the studio that produced it

The twist is stupid from a physical stand point.

My questing would be, "what film has been pointlessly re-released the most?"

I think you should look up some NV dialogue to refresh your memory tbh, the whole game was ass in the VA department with only a handful of exceptions.
Granted it was still better than FO3, but that isn't saying much.

The main problem for me more than anything was the fact that it over utilized Yuri Lowenthal more than anyone else.

I swear, no matter what accent that fuck puts on I can still recognize from a mile away.

The real problem is that they replaced Perlman with some nigger, then added even more niggers. No sane person wants to hear or see jigaboo trash in their games. Also fuck their shit writing and glorifying Mexico. Canonically burgers were livestreaming their slaughter of canucks without giving two fucks about muh human rights, they would have done the same to spics.

what's the newfaggot Holla Forumsedditor of film?

Which is better?