MHGen thread

Opinions on MHGen?
Is it better or worse than MH4U and does it deserve a buy?
I just downloaded the demo and not only the game looks stunning, but it seems to run on higher fps than 4U on my regular 3DS, did they improve the framerate?

I like contributing to franchises i like when they don't fuck up

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
gbatemp.net/threads/mh4u-mhx-rom-hacking-guide.425059/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anyone have a spare demo key? Don't want to buy that dogshit humble bundle just for a demo

I got mine with the My Nintendo bullshit, i think it's EU only tho.

Idk why they bothered separating the two.

It really seems something rushed, because the demo gives you a "Open store and purchase?" option, but the store errors out.
Idk what they were thinking with that.

Just play the English patched version tbh fam.

On that note, as someone who beat the single player in just over 20 hours, I don't think I'm getting this game unless my friends do. The fact that all of high rank is multiplayer, mixed with my gripes about the new upgrade system, really make me think I won't get much play time out of it. They've probably changed all the English names for the skills/arts into something fucking gay.

How do I do the third stage of the spirit combo with longsword while using adept style (I think they called it bushido style in X) ?

Is it easy to pirate on 3ds? I've never put in the effort

What the fuck?
Is the singleplayer low rank only?

So fuckin easy, fam.

how my friend. teach me

Depends on your 3ds version. You can look up gbatemp.net for threads on pirating, or wait until Holla Forums has another 3ds pirate thread which is quite often. However, if your 3ds is version 11 then it might be better to wait as the only way to mod it is through soldering the actual 3ds.

What? There's been a 3DS Homebrew Bunker thread on this board for months now. Hope you're not already on the newest firmware, amigo.

Updated it this morning. Wew kill me

Then waiting is the only solution m80. It might be a while, but there will be a solution eventually for the version you have. Just try not to update again if you want to pirate your 3ds eventually.

Honestly I'll probably just end up buying it. I really only use my 3ds for monhun anyways.

Don't feel bad, fambulance. I updated my Vita to the newest firmware a couple weeks ago. Then again, I don't have much hope in the CFW scene on that piece of equipment.

i own quite some digital games on my actual 3ds, will i lose them if i pirate my 3ds?

Japanese demo wasn't that way. It's probably whatever shit-tier localization team they pulled in to do the job this time. Really everything I've seen of the English version is just bad compared to the original Japanese, and this is something that only started happening with the 4th gen games.

MH3U's localization was fine. MH4U's was full of cuckery. MHX's is just a rushed hackjob. I bet the fan translation is better.

Nope. I had a digital version of MHX on my Japanese N3DS that I bought legit on the eShop and played a bunch before I put CFW on it. When I finished the entire CFW process to give me full arm9hax and everything the game was still there, saves and everything.

Just follow the github guide.

I don't think so, the procedure lets you keep all your nintendo eshop data and shit so you lose nothing. Besides, even if you did lose them, there's no difference between a legit copy and a .cia installed copy.
YOU'VE GOT NOTHING TO LOSE, BUT EVERYTHING TO GAIN

After fully hacking my 3DS, I was even able to go into the eShop and download my previously purchased games.

They were Crimson Shroud and Link's Awakening. Totally worth it.

I would consider purchasing it, but a few things are holding me back, namely the possibility of getting jewed by buying it on release and a few months afterwards they announce the G version.

Savefiles tho, but yeah, i guess.

That's not the thing, i got Kirby Triple Deluxe for free, with a special 2 week promotion, and if i delete it's data i will lose it for good cause i don't think it registered as a purchase.

Go to the store page and see if it says 'purchase' or 're-download.'

They've explicitly stated that there will be no G version. Even if they went back and made one, there's no chance they'd bring it over here. The American game market fucking hates the concept of a 'definitive edition' coming out mere months later on the same console. The Jap market loves it, and I couldn't begin to tell you why.

then again why do i care if i can just pirate it?
Silly me.

There ya go, champ.

Do I need a new 3ds for this or is the original xl fine?

bump

The reverse, actually.
MH4U is 30fps on o3DS, 60fps on n3DS.
MHX is 30fps on both and runs worse.

Not really, all of the new stuff feels half baked.
There's some neat ideas but bad execution.
4U is better

monster hunter games are repetitive garbage with too much filler bloat in between the boss fights which sometimes last way too fucking long

…?

which is odd because it felt like it was running at the same frames, and even better in 3d mode comparably to 4u.

imma have to find some info on this

for what purpose

I don't have the patience or skill to fight mons so I'm gong to bitch about my inability

I have to agree. New monsters are great, new mechanics are great for a side game, but I'm not sure how much I'd want them in a main game. The upgrade system really needs some work. I'd love to make the Rathian SnS, but there's zero point because its maxed out version is trash compared to the Toxic Rathian one, which is its own separate weapon tree. In fact, there are two max level weapons for a lot of monsters: Garuga and One-Eyed Garuga, Rathian and Toxic Rathian, Zinogre and Gold Zinogre. And even if the monster doesn't have a variant, there's always their ferocious version. Fuck, there are THREE max level Rathalos hammers and it's goddamn impossible to tell which one is any good. It's almost as bad as the FOUR Rath greatswords from 4U, three of which were complete garbage.

Can't have too much Jap in our very, very Japanese game.

It's called shadow style in the Italian version of the EU localization which makes kinda sense.

Did we play the same game?
Variant weapons are useless unless you're going striker style

…wat?

I think he's just butthurt about fishing and mining

I'll buy it as long as there's a shitload of monsters and quests. Also if it isn't dumbed down or further casualized. The staves and riding from MH4U was already pushing it for me.

Lazy attempt at preventing alienating the localized market, which is really a pointless exercise for MonHun. With that said I wonder what they're going to do about this.

have you never actually played monster hunter ever?

That video makes me hurt

Like most faggots he probably played for an hour and gave up not knowing he didn't even finish the tutorial.

I'm happy with that.

We should play sometime. I think I've played with maybe three randoms using the gunlance.

Did the Greatsword get its moveset simplified or is it just me?

Every style except for guild removes certain moves for all weapons.

Arial great sword only lets you charge in mid air, and the draw attack does mounting damage.

It's apparently the least used melee weapon with only 3% online.

But sure, wanna make a room right now so I can add you?
In MH4U of course.
I also use Hammer and SnS but those are for specific needs like Rajang or Diablo horns.

What do you mean by 'do about?' They're going to leave it as is, right?

Where are the stats for weapons?

Sure thing. Give me a second to charge up my 3DS. I also use the Lance and Hammer, but it's been way too long.

Someone posted them somewhere on Holla Forums.
Didn't save them tho.

I was using guild but couldn't find the upwards slash I used to use to launch niggas in th eair in MH4

Well considering how much the Monster Hunter localizations tamper with the main game, even going so far as to remove weapons and change armor because people in the west might not "get it" (pic related), I wouldn't be surprised if they completely removed the end cutscene from this one.

You must be pressing X and A wrong because I've been doing it fine.

Use this.

thanks I'm a little rusty I havent touched MH4 since I reached G3 and that was before half the free DLC had released
And I was a charge blade main in that anyway

never mind my buttons are just fucked then, guess its time to buy a new3DS

Fuck you, you goddamn plebe.

I was testing that picture out tbh reverse search it and you'll know what I mean

I'm still waiting for that room to be made, but losing hope fast.

I waiting for you.

*was. Whatever.

Make the room, my friendly user.

>Nobody has posted the HOT RAJANG DICK image.

Password is 2222
63-4110-3738-7148

I dont care how cute kut kut can be, Fuck. That. Chicken.

Jesus fucking christ, why are localizers always such assholes at this point? I'm glad they atleast got their shit together and kept the palico jotaro armor in 4U, besides what's the harm? Wouldn't best case scenario people do some research on their own to figure it out and maybe expand their minds a bit?

I wouldn't say I main it, but Gunlance is a fun weapon I've recently warmed up to. Artillery God and one of each GL makes for some fun times in pubs, but I can understand why no one would really want to pick it up, it seems like a worse lance until you realize that the damage caused by the shots really are unblockable, I know once I was able to shatter Ukanlos's diggers with ease I was gonna have myself a good time with this weapon.

Well whatever man, that's like your opinion.
Bumping since I forgot to remove the sage from my last post.

Holy shit. Give me another few minutes. Updates and stuff.

I'm sorry.

If you're updating to 11.0 I'll lend you a cyanide pill

I'm at that urgent right now and I"m not touching it. I'm gonna wait till get get my self some beer or I'll pop a blood vessel fighting it.

Yian Garuga is easy as fuck. Its armor also had amazing abilities but it turned you into into Grimace.
I should definitely make a female hunter this time, their armors are way better looking than the male ones.

Make sure you come back and let us now how your first experience goes.

When he gets that anger just right, that bird sings.

but garuga is easier than Rajang.

Licensing. They aren't willing to pay out the asshole for anime licenses being squatted on by shit companies like Funimation.

It's the same reason both the creator of Senran Kagura AND Ikkitousen are in legal proceedings with Funimation because Funimation is cockblocking the Ikkitousen characters from the English release. US copyright law is fucking retarded.

Rajang is the only monster i've never been able to beat in at least 5 tries
Fuck that monkey, i was so happy for it to finally be over when i killed it.

I want to eskimo kiss that piglet

I'm normally a Sword and Shield main, but I developed a method to integrate Rajang perfectly with greatsword because Apex Rajang has it's hittable zones in all the wrong places (ie: not its legs). It might be worth trying a different weapon.

Is this some sort of trap?

Well seltas queen would be a fat slob that smells awful and shits everywhere.
Basically a tumblr landwhale

You mean she would be thick?

Those quads though.

You must have above-shit taste in order to post on Holla Forums.

the tutorial sections are too fucking long, too.

This seems like a good place to ask. I finally got myself a v9.9 3ds, I remember seeing a comprehensive guide on pastebin on how to install a cfw, it gets posted in 3ds piracy threads quite often, but now I can't seem to find it. Can somebody point me to it?

Just for you fam:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

So good taste?

wait fuck, I just realized how I was reading that wrong

Here's your reply.

Can I play the new monster hunter games on a 2DS?
I don't feel like getting reamed by Nintenjew 3DS scams but I really want to play the new monster hunter games.

From what I've heard it's fun but kinda lacking in content as there's no G-rank.

I believe so, but you'd have better performances and a camera analog stick with any 3ds

2DS is just an o3DS with a shittier screen, so yes.

Waiting for somebody to reply on GBAtemp takes too long, so I'll just repost it here in hopes that somebody has run into this problem already:

I'm installing OoT3dhax with the sploit_installer, and I get asked about the firmware version of my console. Should I input the fw version of the console that i'm currently running the installer on, or the one that I later intend to use with the loaded OoT cartridge?

Can you not use the sliderhax or whatever it's called?

I strictly use CB, i killed the Apex in Caravan, but holy fuck was that monkey a nigger.
hahaha get it?

I guess the next game will be 4th-gen's swan song that might end up being a completely different game, because I doubt that they can just end the 4th-gen with Cross/Gen due to missing G-rank and other things that should've been there like Diablos, Fatalis, and maybe the subspecies. If Cross/Gen is the last 4th-gen game I hope they at least add content through software updates maybe, but that's wishful thinking.

Also check this shit out rom hacking is possible now gbatemp.net/threads/mh4u-mhx-rom-hacking-guide.425059/

Nope, I can't.
Already found the answer to my question, it's the latter console's fw.
Now I'm trying to find any other backup entrypoints for 10.7 apart from oot3dhax

I like it, but I feel like i'm worse with it than most other weapons. I like to do that ground slam that uses every shell a lot, so parts break pretty easy, but damage wise it takes longer than my charge blade or long sword. Guess i'd be better in a support role with this.

There's actually technically more quests, monsters and weapons/armor in MHGen than MH4U it's just that low rank and high rank have been strung out much much more.

It isn't ultimate of course it lacks g rank you dummy.

Yeh you'll finish all the quests in about 100 hours if you're decent.
It's pretty lacking