ITT: Recommend Games

I know we get these threads requesting the Holla Forums recommended games lists every other day, but is there any way to avoid it? There's the wiki, but it's from cuckchan and super outdated. Is there any way to keep an archive of these pics so there can be one easy link to shut up anyone who asks for them?

To keep this thread a little more interesting than just posting the same charts as always, recommend games ITT that you think don't get enough attention, don't appear on the charts, or otherwise deserve more people playing them.

But post the charts too because I need the rest of them.

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/iwq4es
poal.me/4z9o1s
alltimevrecommendations.wikidot.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Got a couple more I can post.

You mean an image host where the files don't expire.

Or a wiki

Or a booru

And that's the last one I've got.

This isnt a list of good games, just some games that exist.

Minesweeper

Also I've been getting the idea that recommendations have to be personally written instead of crammed onto charts.

Because I've been getting the idea that there are people who play games listed on there, but do not appreciate said game for what it is. Hence why I saw complaints that Dark Souls wasn't a dungeon crawler, or Dragon's Dogma should have the equivalent of an Estus Flask instead of a category of curatives.

I'm surprised Holla Forums has never had one definitive entry level vidya chart in the way that /mu/ does. At least it means there's some variety in the taste here.

I don't have anything to contribute so here's a pic not related

Thank you OP for this thread.

Every time an entry level /mu/ chart gets posted though everyone goes apeshit and screams about shit taste. There's millions of those charts now. I think they cause more problems than they solve.

I don't think a wiki is inherently a bad way to do it, it just takes people actually contributing to it for it to work. Considering how often people request/post/talk about these charts I think there could be room for it.

I just saved whichever ones I came across. I think has it right, though. The best charts are the ones like where there's actually a written blurb on why the game is good instead of just a static list. I think that would also be the strength of a wiki, since you could (potentially, assuming anyone gives enough of a shit to contribute) have pages for individual games that explain pros/cons, and maybe give a consensus or general impression of the game.

Then let's make one.
poal.me/iwq4es

Bangai-O Spirits was an absolutely horrendous game and an insult to the genre remove it remove it remove it

The /mu/ chart is okay in principle since it's meant to help you find more music you like, but in reality you end up with everyone on the board only listening to bands that are on the chart. That's why I wouldn't really want one on this board. It's already bad enough without adding more fuel to the fire.

Don't we have a wiki as well, or is that long dead now?

I know of vsrecommendedgames.wikia, but that's the one I was talking about that's been completely abandoned. If there's another one that Holla Forums made I don't know about it.

If someone is going to set up a wiki or contribute, whatever you do, don't write it's like .

Because then you get retards complaining about a game not being what it isn't, or some variation of unmet expectations. Or they start comparing games, and considering each feature as a pro/con, instead of an actual parts of a design that's interwoven with other elements.

Seems the most appropriate place.
If I were to play the NES Mega Mans on a 3DS what's the best way to do it: VC, emulator, or Legacy Collection?

Nah, was one I was on about. Even the /svidya/ thread is abandoned for it.

Shame. Even supplied some things to it.

I wouldn't call Mirror's Edge or MGS cyberpunk at all.

As the guy who made the poll is it possible to change it so that people can add as many options as they want? The poll won't be too useful if everyone only gets to pick one. I added MGS but that was just the first thing that came to mind. I don't want that to be my sole contribution to the list if I can only choose one.

user from last thread here. Dumping what I have.

Do you want a blurry mess, hardly functional emulators, or perfect pixels and AMIIIBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

Metal Gear reaches bare minimum of future tech and government conspiracy.

Missing a lot of good ARTS which is weird as fuck: Herzog Zwei in the classics and Sacrifice and the Pikmin series in their own sections. Brutal Legend either linked after Sacrifice or in purgatory.

C&C section needs a ton of cleanup - more than half of those games belong in purgatory or classics. Generals was the last excellent C&C game and Red Alert 2 was the first, and RotR is extremely overrated.

Metal Fatigue strangely absent.

Otherwise too horrible.

*Otherwise not too horrible

It's still a stretch, and Mirror's Edge isn't even close.

Most recent version of OP's DS chart AFAIK.

Absolutely disgusting RTS list from top to low, ought to be purged from the internet.

I want whatever looks and runs best.

Then Legacy Collection.

>don't write it's like . Because then you get retards

If you're talking about the pic you posted, I doubt it's just the result of from somebody telling him Dark Souls is like a . There is so much wrong with that post I'm inclined to believe it's the result of him just not playing anything other than modern day fps games and then complaining that the one non-fps he finally decided to play dares to stray from the formula he is used to.

With this, I'm done.

Thanks to the other anons in this thread, I got a few more charts I somehow didn't have.

This isn't a list of essentials. This is a list of decent games.

A list of essentials should be 5, tops, per genre, and be the absolute best of the best, the things that remind people why these genres exist.

You can add as many options as you want.

Disregard that, I suck cocks, and so does poal.me.

Version 2.0
poal.me/4z9o1s

Nice, thanks mate.

EVERYONE CONTRIBUTE TO THIS ONE
Can't pretend it's representative of 8v's opinion if only 5 people vote on it.

That list sucks anyway Danganronpa AE has more fan service than half of the games not on the list.

just check the mobile app store, dipshit

It's more of a general thing I've noticed. I figured since a lot of Steam reviews for Dragon's Dogma make comparisons to Skyrim, Dark Souls, and some other game.And then, there's some dissatisfied thread topics especially regarding pawns. But it also applies to other stuff like Bayonetta and Devil May Cry (same genre, same director for DMC1, but even still completely different things to expect).

I don't actually screencap every "it's not like ". But that particular post, I had the thread link and it turns out someone bothered to archive it.

There's this one alltimevrecommendations.wikidot.com/ which is an Holla Forums one and not a cuckchan one but it's pretty barebones right now.

Oh, now I remember that one. I completely forgot about it and the link, but I remember logo and the page layout.

Do we repopulate that or what?

Well since it already exist, might aswell make use of it and the layout is pretty nice too

Now that I think about it. Who's actually in charge of it? I remember one issue with that wiki was not having an idea how to proceed with multiplatform games, especially when there isn't one 'native' platform.

I can't believe nobody flipped shit about undertale being in the WRPG column here.

Also Charles Barkley as a JRPG made me giggle.

So our game list is:

Does anyone have any last-minute contributions they want to make before we move into Phase 2?

You're not even polling the entire board. Yet, you want to move onto 'Phase 2' in making a definitive chart for it.

And it should go without saying, don't hold back because "well I think this game is too new" or whatever other retarded reason is going through your autistic mind. If you think the game is legitimately good, then offer that shit up. The rest of us could just not be thinking of it, while you're off being a faggot.

The only way to poll the entire board would be for Mark to get involved, and even then that would hit maybe 90%. The only thing that matters at the current moment is getting together a list of games before breaking everything down and getting a "best of the best".

I'm in favor of cutting the final number down to eight outstanding games.

Shit list, fam.

I would be fine with eight outstanding games if that's all that was necessary, but I don't think the eight we've got are remotely enough for an essentials list. Half of them are first-person shooters, there's only two RPG (both of which are also first-person), and the fact that you included Last Remnant is completely ignoring the way the votes fell, since literally nobody voted for that game. The poll only opened up about an hour ago, we don't need to rush to making the chart already.

Most people won't open the poll. That's the reason the post was made, as a back-up. Obviously moving on this early would be ridiculous, and I don't want to advance until we get about twenty games.

You stick and lock a chart/rec thread with only the most recent charts, all we need is one user willing to clean and update the thread regularly.

Making a new board/wiki is just going to be a waste of time because most people don't care enough to keep those places up to date.

What a fucking shit guide

Some of my game folders.

GET THAT SHITTY NIGGERED SNES CHART OUT OF HERE.

SHIT PORTS AND SNK GAMES DO NOT BELONG ON A SNES

THE CHART user IS A FAGGOT WHO DOES NOT PLAY GAMES

De-niggered GBA chart. Sword of Mana is considered a mediocre remake of the original and Yggdra Union is way better on PSP.

Any and all 8/v/ system charts need to be fixed. The chart user who made them said himself in nearly every thread he doesn't play games and often knows jack shit about the systems he makes charts for. This leads him to letting any dumbfuck contribute whatever shit games to them.

Fixed the fan translated text

obviously if he only puts the games he wants to put it people are gonna fucking complain, so he has to take suggestions from people to make it more comprehensive. there's no way he can tell the legit recommendations from the non-obvious troll recs.