The game that rhymes with the cancer game

What am I in for?

How about you just play the game and make your own opinions after that and not ask here what you should think about it before even playing it. Jesus fuck these people.

never change

It is not a bad game.

Meant to be played on harder difficulties, and worth it.

No skills are too useless, I found, but you're always going to feel like you don't have enough skill points.

Do you usually get so easily upset?

Why are you still posting here instead of playing?

It's not done downloading yet.

One of the best TB combat-oriented games ever created. Also a very fleshed out setting and a crafting system that is heavily tied with your skills.
Also disable Auto-Save between transitions. That shit corrupted all of my saves.

Jeez it's like you want to get fucked by things like

take mind powers and dont look back

Go full psyker, kill lots of things with mind bullets.

i have a feeling you havent played the cancer game either

With a fully psi-oriented character crafting is next to useless. You will have enough loot for sale to keep yourself stacked with psi drugs for a century anyway.

Was I supposed to find it charming when the skeleton guy fucked up the tiles?

The easiest build is to go full metal armor juggernaut rambo edition, no psi (taking the drug decreases your max hp level) with a focus in perks for bursting and heavy armor tanking like opportunist, suppressive fire, that perk that gives you extra damage per level, full auto, commando, juggernaut, conditioning are a must. You end up being able to get +15% damage when bursting due to the suppressive fire/opportunist combo wombo, full auto lets you get more shots off, commando lets you burst more time when someone dies from your bursting. You end up replaying Rambo from the second movie where all you do is stand still, look retarded and mow people down with a 7.62 AR with an extended magazine and chuck nades occasionally when you want to herd people to a certain direction.

Funnest build is the psychic boxer that only uses boxing gloves (That 30% daze man). Alternatively, you also have psychic pit fighter since pre-apo knuckle dusters are a thing and they do pretty good things to the receiver.

One of the best RPGs of 2015

How does the word underail rhyme with cancer. Do you even know what rhyming is.

Prepare for a lot of exploration. There's no ingame map from what I could tell, so make (or find) one if you feel the need.

Can you find the highest grade psychic hats reliably without making them? I no longer have my save, but the psionic amplifiers with the highest grade parts are fairly amazing.

Not too sure since my psychic (cheating) boxer is still a playthrough in progress. Highest I've seen for sales would be like low 100s.

I made a psi guy. I'm guessing I get the psychic skills later on.

Living dangerously. Good.

Hope you don't develop tourettes after.

It's on hard. I'll probably get fucked alot haha.

I just deactivated my psi inhibitor.

A game that's honestly better than all it's contemporaries, it balances itself for difficulty and struggle, but just keep playing, it won't get easier you will just be able to deal with the hard situations better. The games map is very intricate and rewarding to explore partially because the world loops back in on itself and partially because there's normally something cool behind each corner. you can walk to the Junkyard from early on and if you are able to get tnt at an early point you'd be able to explore right up to core city.

I've spent 75 hours in game so far and I haven't beaten it, I just like exploring the map and finding all the things.

A fantastic game with great writing, loads of detail, plenty of areas to explore, and very interesting characters. I put the game down for a while because I'll be honest- Deep Caverns (the end-game segment) is a huge, tedious slog. Though oddly not unenjoyable what with the computers you can read that tell you about old Biocorp and the old man jumping out of a locker, holy shit it gave me a little jump

I wound up having a jack of all trades character with a little psi (mind control), no more than 4 Str, and loads of sneak. To my surprise I was not total shit and not totally overpowered. Stealth, while not useful in combat at all, is insanely useful to position yourself before initiating combat, and will often help you to avoid a fight for long enough to either explore more, or find a way to avoid the fight altogether.

There was only one situation though where I was able to use stealth to avoid fighting a million of tough bad guys, and that was the Tchorist entry quest. I wasn't able to avoid all combat because I had to kill the two important dudes guarding the item I needed, but because of me getting the drop on them, I could stun and kill them before they could activate their shields.

The soundtrack is also really fitting.

That is the one problem I had with the game is that Stealth was not to useful to be honest. I would have liked if it had more chemistry where you could lose someone or try to hide again.

I always did psychic builds. Do you have a recommendation on how to build a rambo build like this? What should I put stats into and what other perks are good?

Flashbangs mate. Literal ninja smoke bomb those. Also you should invest in chems to make your own bombs and traps. Trapping is what a stealth build is all about.

Stats goes at least 7 str, con, per and int. Dump dex and agi and keep will at 5. Lvl up stat goes to str to 8 for metal armor (or 9 if you really want that tungsten armor). Feel free to put it into con for the thick skull perk or into per for more gunnery after.

Skills goes guns, throwing (after hacking/lockpicking gets to 120, goes up to wherever you feel comfortable about your chances with grenades), hacking (to 120), lockpicking (to 120), trapping (for planting fallback mines when everything goes FUBAR, JUST LIKE RAMBO DID), tailoring, electronic, mechanical, one of the social skills (I took intimidation because Rambo).

After 120 lockpicking and hacking, you can put points into biology and chem as needed.

As per perks, your core perks are suppression fire and opportunist. This two ensures you always burst with +15% damage. After that, you'll want full auto, expertise, commando, conditioning, juggernaut, concentrated fire (optional). As for crafting perks, get gun nut and armor sloping. Power management for shields afterwards. Skip ballistics since we'll be doing metal armor as soon as we can afford to go junkyard and scout out a good set of metal armor. Skip buying any sort of tactical vest or riot gear. Odds are, the moment you get to afford them with credits, you already have enough combined funds to get a set of metal armor from Junkyard via horrible charon exchange rates. Craft shields with high and very high absorption first. DO NOT CRAFT METAL ARMOR UNTIL YOU START SEEING SUPER STEEL, IT AIN'T WORTH IT. (Unless you really want that 3 plate reinforced Q60 tungsten armor early game).

One of the best games of 2015. Almost any build in the game is viable as long as you don't go full retard. What is nice too is that you don't have to keep skill maxed for it to be useful, so there are quite a few options. I went sniper/pistol/light/stealth/mind control, was fun, sometimes challenging but never impossible. I enjoyed that I could scout before revealing myself with a bang and hit-n-run-n-restealth tactics. I wished I had traps as you can plant mines while stealthed like in some doorways then plant another on patrol route and then sit and watch the fireworks.

Check perks then go for stats. You'll get a stat point every 5 levels or so but it can be used to go above 10 which isn't a must. I remember that at 10 Will you'll be able to get awesome perk that protects you against stuns.
Also there are 2 types of defense and you'll need to invest into one if you wanna live: light and heavy. For light you have to get a little Agility (5 or so is enough) and invest points into evade/dodge to live, stealth is very nice addition to it as you can skip lotsa fights and initiate fights even at melee range, even without points in stealth you can just use gear to initiate at range. Later on you'll get shields which will help a lot.
With heavy its HP and DR tanking, so get Con and a bit Str (for armor reqs), also no initiating fights as stealth is literally negative other than getting into turn-based mode right before the corner/door, you also get less movement points but some stuff does literally 0 damage to you. You use up more stat points this way but you get more skillpoints as you don't invest anything into stealth/dodge/evade.

Other than unique items, best stuff is always crafted, you can say it's the damage bonus for spending stat points on Int (so that you'll have more points for other skills after getting crafting shit) and skill points on crafting.

You don't need more than 100-105 lockpicking/hacking total (after stat bonuses) as you can open most of the locks with cheapest lockpicks/h4xx0r and use premium ones for rare containers. Junkyard surprise also helps there.

It's pretty good.

Quite likely the best game of 2015 but then its competition wasn't exactly stellar.

dubs

wew

I'm still enamored with it even after a month.

Frankly OP it's poppin' fresh.

I am stuck in re-roll hell…

Can someone give me a spread for a high str gunner who can craft and maybe do some psychic stuff too?

I remember backing it during the alpha yes, bully me
Loved it during the beginning, but in the end I gave up in the Deep Caverns.
I think the dreadful difficulty ruined this game, everything is absolutely perfect in here. Writing is not exceptional but exploring is fun, character progression is fun, crafting is fun… you can see the creator put a lot of thought into it.
But bloody hell reloading saves isn't fun, you are constantly outnumbered and get your shit kicked in constantly and even through it feels good when you finally do it a lot of battles seem like they were rigged against you. Hell, the steam playtime counter displayed almost double the playtime displayed ingame.
This thread made me check it again and my saves aren't there, probably due to a recent formatting or something.
Underrail is one of the few I can say I love yet probably never finish, but in the end I am happy I funded it because a lot of people liked it, I enjoyed it while it lasted and the dev is friendly and very talented, I really hope he makes another game soon.

I wanna add to this post by saying that the Oddity system is genius
OP, you are playing in Oddity Mode, right?

The Deep Caverns are the ending sector? R-really? I was so close to finishing it?

Deep Caverns is ridiculously bad. Did they have an epiphany that the ending chapter should obviously shit on all the interesting parts of the earlier game?

Oh the game itself is pretty DOMINATING.

Beating the final guy in the Arena felt pretty gud, but the Gauntlet was a fucking nightmare every time

Everybody said that part sucked ass. Did it improve?

Seconding this. Behing locked in a area with no turning back so you have to survive is fun, when enemies don't respawn.
That thing really did it for me. You have only limited resources, enemies that tough shouldn't respawn imho.

I mean I am asking if any user pushed through and found out if the rest is fun.
I am retarded.

The game doesn't have scaling for high-resolution monitors, therefore >into the trash.

I'ts not very fun. Respawning enemies weren't bad with stealth and some non-shotgun diplomacy, there also was a ammo depot nearby so I could go crazy with stacks of (special) ammo. The problem is that the whole segment is huge puzzle with very few characters to talk to so with constant revisiting of the same areas and occasional killing it's not really fun, though finally getting through it is, that feeling when the long journey is over and you can have rest, it's good.

Your b8 is trash.

The respawning enemies make it a horrible chore and it takes quite a while to even find out what exactly you need to do in order to accomplish your final objective. Somehow I still managed to get through it.

Confirmed for moron.

kill yourself

I have killed that Balor guy in one round with a full psi character. And survived all his subordinates ganging on me without save scumming.

You have made the same mistake as me. There are some feats great for a psi build that have CON requirements, like Stoicism, Conditioning, Fast Metabolism, Survival Instincts or Last Stand (these last two might be not worth the expense though).

Well, you can't buy headbands as good as those crafted when you have Neurology.

I buyed this while it was in Early Acess on steam.NO REGRETS.

The only problem for me right now is the last boss.

Even after destroying two tanks, killing it with a full psi character is very stressing.

So i'm asking for help to solve that mutagen puzzle.

ovid 1:GO MX U9 UB
ovid 2:MX LV B4 PG QU
ovid 3:O3 UZ B4 GO
solis-1:TT NS BW RB GO
solis-2:GG V3 LV JY NS
echo-1:YX LV RB
echo-2:YX NS UB
echo-3:SX TT YX QU U9
echo-4:RB UB YX
Io-1:GO LV TT MX
Io-2:O3 B4 GO V3
Io-3:UZ U9 GO
Helicon-1:NS LV U9 B4 WA
Helicon-2:U9 MX GO O3
Helicon-3:NS UB SX

i need to combine some of them to make THIS

O3 UZ GO NS LV U9 WA V3 JY MX B4

I think there was some email you could read in the old Biocorp residential area that tells you that negatives negate positives or something like that.

I wouldn't be able to tell you the real solution though because 1) You didn't specify which are negative, and 2) I didn't even open the door because I couldn't find the rest of what I needed before I got bored as fuck.

I'm not even sure if I can beat the game now. If I need something that's down in one of those mutagen tanks (or whatever it is that has the two sets of ladders going down to the catwalks), then I'm totally fucked since there's about 80 tchortlings spawned, the instant I step foot in there they all walk towards the ladder, and even with stealth they still spot me, so I can't wait around for them to despawn because I don't have the eye of Tchort on me.

Damn I'm glad I stopped playing after the time travelling alien told me I was suddenly the chosen one and that I had to do "something" and it turned out the tentacle demons (re)spawned if I tried to explore slightly throroughly like the Oddity system encourages.

To be fair, there are areas you can go to within here that will give you a moment to get the Eye of Tchort effect off of you (basically any place that goes further underground) including right outside the faceless encampments.

There's also an old man you can talk to who, once you do something for him, give you an ability that makes the Tchort thing go was slower

I still really recommend this game to people, and if you're going to buy it, definitely buy it on GOG.

I know, but being forced to take a timeout from exploring because the boring tentacle bullies will otherwise come out and kick my shit in/waste my bullets isn't fun.

No question there.

Also is it possible for the faceless to let me into their encampment without me having to go on a killing spree?

I thought crawlers were annoying to kill but holy fucking shit the Gaunts take it to a new level.

You need to be nice to the faceless in the earlier game if you want access. So save the caged Faceless in Core City, peacefully solve the issues in Rail Crossing, and don't kill any of them anywhere else.

They really don't give you much except for a good deal of lore and a couple hints as to what you do to fight Tchort.

How do i identify them as negative user?

You didn't notice a - next to some of them?

ok, this is the really fucked up part here. apparently the faceless will tell you to fuck off if you were nice to the lower cave tchortists before going to the faceless even if the other conditions are met

why would i play a shit hipster game ive never heard of just because some punk on the internet would yell at me for trying to talk about it

This game is weird, it's the exact opposite of what I've come to expect from cRPGs.

The story is boring ass shit but the gameplay is solid and it's actually fun to explore, fight and loot.

I love how the game has that one character who pokes fun at the type of games and more importantly, the player in all of us who try to take and loot literally anything that wasn't bolted down because "someone will eventually buy this."

You'll ask how the fuck he got a human brain and why is he carrying it around and then laugh at the story, but then it will probably hit you as you think "wait a minute, don't I have a human brain in my inventory?

Never be nice to the Tchortists. They should be removed at every possible opportunity.

fuck

You're in for a world of disappointment if you're such a simplistic coward that this is how you confront everything non-AAA you've not heard of.

Tchortist were nice. Way more polite than most people and their quests were fun. Too bad I couldn't side with them and save the leader guy, but I guess I shouldn't have expect Tchort to be a blob of organic matter in a bunker instead of an actual Cthulhu-Satan-Sauron.

That comes to another minor problem in the game, the player character motivation is whacky. The character apparently is vehemently devoted to working for the SGS, even though you can stop going there almost completely quite early in the game and you get paid way better by your "enemies". Being the top troubleshooter for a rich powerful corporation sounds way better than being cannon fodder to some bumfuck commune.

Fuck the Faceless, though.

Spoilers

Everyone who is going to play the game should propably play it instead of reading rants about it on an uyghur mural engraving rock-cut temple.

Undertale is not a cancer game, it's a charming indie game that did a lot of things in an unconventional way that got shit on because Holla Forums has hipsteritis

almost like some other game I'm thinking of

hm…

cant quite put a finger on it.

Underage b& pls go

Are you redstonefag? If you are, I miss the threads dude

Also I second the notion that Undertale was comparable to quality to OFF

It was just ruined by furries

OP, despite the fact that you are a colossal baiting retard that cannot stop making useless fucking threads, I will still tell you that Underrail is a decent cRPG in the same vein as the original Fallouts. It's sort hasn't been released for a long time.
That aside, you're still a massive dicksucker.

I am. I stopped making threads and streaming because people kept asking for TNT launchers blowing up kike sculptures and I got bored.

I wanted people to request actual minigames I could make using vanilla wiring but they just asked for dumb shit so I quit.

there's nothing bad about it other than the fandom. The only thing that I can say is bad about it is that pacing is pretty slow in some places.

bossfights were fucking fun, too

fucking hivemind

spoiler by accident