Why no Mecha VS Kaiju game?

Why Holla Forums? Why hasn't some indie fag or Japanese studio done this, yet? I really can't think of any reason why.

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/06/john-boyega-pacific-rim-sequel-star-wars-the-force-awakens-1201767756/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because normalfags hate mechs

This and because people say they want something new but dismiss a new product

Normalfags also hate nepnep but that doesn't stop that series from selling to a profit

I've been seeing this meme in a few threads. Everyone loved Pacific Rim and Godzilla, what the hell are you talking about?

There was a Pacific Rim fighting game, but it was shit though.

Just play War of the Monsters

difference between games and movies m8
Aside from Armored Core,the last time mech games were popular was Mechwarrior/Earthseige line up
So late 90s/early 2000s

Also, a game like OP is proposing would be even more niche, since it would end up as more of a fighting/brawling game rather than a mech game

its been made, but its unlikely a new one will come along any time soon.

TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK

hey anons… did you guys so who they gave the lead role to for Pacific Rim 2?

FROM VICIOUS GIANT INSECTS THAT HAVE ONCE AGAIN COME BACK

deadline.com/2016/06/john-boyega-pacific-rim-sequel-star-wars-the-force-awakens-1201767756/

No, and I honestly don't care. It's probably a black guy or some shit.
This is a thread about video games, not movies.

Isn't that new Titanfall gonna have monster?

Pacific Rim is only getting a sequel thanks to China.

Normalfags only really like Star Wars and those Marvel capeshit movies.
It's entry level "I'm lolsonerdy" shit

This, that game is basically the same thing, you get giant monsters and a robot character to play as. It's fun as hell just going around destroying as much terrain as you can while weaponizing it against your opponent.

his name is jet jaguar YOU FUCKING FUCK

How in the world would a sequel work out? didn't they close the portal? unless they make a fucking prequel or something.

Aliens re-open the portal.
Boom.

why not make your own?

WAKE ME UP

The irony of you posting RLM when those faggots loved and defended Star Cucks 7

Yeah, but it's fucking Titanfall.
It's CoD with robots as kill streak perks.

You say that like it's a bad thing

What? Normalfags are the only retards who buy nepnep games.

Why is this not a thing?

So by your logic normalfags must love comicbooks because they all watch shitty Marvel capeshit movies but in reality they don't.
Wew lad.

I see you accidentally stumbled in here from another universe.

Pacific Rim was heavily celebrated by people who watched Kaiju as kids or anything related to it. It did mediocre at the box office, it lost to Despicable Me 2, and mother fucking Grown Ups 2 (a movie that was absolutely panned). Normalsfags (as they are referenced) were more willing to go watch Grown Ups 2, which everyone said was one of the worst movies they ever saw, than Pacific Rim, which was getting nothing but enthusiastic praise from it's fans.

The only reason it's even getting a sequel is because of it's above-average performance in China.

Yeah, but its one time they did something like that.

The movie was enjoyable, its just i hated the female protag saying shit like "stop helping me!" towards the beginning. Otherwise it was a decent New Hope 2.0

And the Jews decided to have the sequel star a nigger?

Do they hate Chinese shekels or something? Do they want to torpedo the franchise?

Hey man that nig was a pretty good actor in the new star wars. The movie itself wasn't that great but the nig was definitely the best character. I think he'll do better than whoever the guy who played in the first one was.

No, user, it was a shit movie, and you're a moron for defending it, on top of being an idiot for defending the cucks over at RLM.

All he did was sweat and look confused.

That's not saying much since the acting was non-existent.

Just because you have a bestiality fetish does not mean casting a trained monkey is okay.

But is correct, I don't have a problem with the nig either but the Chinese hate blacks as much as Holla Forums does. Its killing their biggest market

Uh oh here comes Holla Forums to shit up the thread

Oh stop user, you're not fooling anyone.

No, go fuck yourself. TFA was a godawful movie, nobody starring in it could act worth shit. Boyega's only other "noteworthy" movie is Attack on the Block, and he "played" a surly nigger (basically himself) in it.

And I don't give two shits, I don't have to pretend to like niggers being shoved into everything these days just so nu-males don't call me racists.

Stay triggered Holla Forums

Oh yeah forgot that China has a deep hatred for niggers. Yeah guess it's pretty dumb to cast him then. Maybe they're hoping it does better in the West this time or something.

You don't have to pretend. We already know, user.

It's like you looked at this picture and thought THIS IS STAR WARS

I agree I think it sucked too, I wouldn't have even watched it if my brother had not gifted me tickets.

But the fact remains you've come to shit up the thread and complain about nigs because you're too triggered to contain yourself. Quit sperging man and talk about mechs

Most likely, which is just irresponsible, as was stated earlier. Normalfags hate mechs, maybe they think pushing progressive points is the way to win over the western audience.

It won't of course and they will also sabotage their chinese market.

kill me

It's okay to be ashamed for having such shit taste in movies.

Jew Jew does a subpar rehash of Episode IV that somehow manages to fuck up everything good about it and you cretins praise him for it.

This might come as a surprise to you, but outside the West pretty much everyone hates niggers, especially other niggers.

I watched that trainwreck of a shitshow and couldn't believe it got past corporate.

Like I said, it's just a cheap rehash of Episode IV, only lacking anything good about it. The three main characters have no, well, character. The female is a Mary Sue, and her whole purpose in the movie is to be the female. The spic Jew is the "best pilot" in the Resistance, and that's all you get in terms of character development out of him.

Finn at least has an arc, but it's so badly handled it's hilarious. So he gets upset his buddy died on the initial raid that starts the movie, but not 15 minutes later he's ooking and eeking in joy as he slaughters hundreds of other fellow Stormtroopers. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with him turning traitor, but he is never shown to be conflicted about it. All he does the whole movie is oscillate between wanting to run away and save Rey (Mixer) for whatever reason, because I couldn't feel any sort of (platonic) chemistry between the two.

Then we come to the fact that Rey (Mixer) is a Mary Sue that has just the right skill for any and every situation. Need to pilot/fix the Millennium Falcon? She can do it, despite never actually having been in any ship before. She needs to use a gun? She's now a crack shot despite never actually having held a gun in her life. Need her to fight a whiny shitlord? She can now duel with the lightsaber and use the force at will.

It took Luke three movies and the tutelage of two of the greatest Jedi masters in Star Wars to get him to a level where he could stand on equal ground with Vader. Rey manages all of that in one movie, without any training whatsoever.

Hell, she can use the Mind Trick despite having thought the Jedi were a mere myth not 20 minutes before, despite not knowing she is force sensitive, and without actually having anyone show her how it's done.

Then there's the "villains". They're clown and never feel threatening. Compere bitchboi to Vader, the moment he takes off the mask he turns into a gigantic pussy with daddy issues, the rest of the "First Order" are a lineup of incompetent clowns that never put the heroes in danger, and Snoke is just a shitty Emperor recolor.

I could then mention the fact that all the planets lack character (you have desert planet, ice planet, forest planet), no new vehicles get introduced, they felt the need to kill off the New Republic in under five minutes, and on and on it goes.

Yeah, because Cisbusters is doing so great.

My point is that he's a shit actor, that has no worthwhile movies under his belt, and the only reason he got casted is because he's the only nigger actor around in the 20-30 age bracket they could find, and Del Toro went on record stating that he wanted more "diversity".

I fail to see why I shouldn't shit on the movie and the actor when Holla Forums does it all the time whenever they pull the same shit in games.

I'm not necessarily defending the movie, it was simply enjoyable. Not as good as the originals, but enjoyable. (It was basically a rip off of a new hope, with a black character and a muh feminism shit character.)

And RLM is the best nigga. You just have shit taste.

/m/ bread?

Why not just kill yourself? You won't be missed.

But anyway, what are we supposed to discuss? Non existent games in a (almost) non existent genre?

All you've really got in terms of games where mechs beat the shit out of kaiju is the Remote Control Dandy games (Robot Alchemic Drive, the Jap only sequel and the DS spinoff), and that mobile Pacific Rim game.

You can stretch the definition out to include Evangelion games, but none of them are translated, and there's only a few of them worth shit anyway. Evangelion Jo and, maybe, Neon Genesis Evangelion 2.

It's like saying a game "is fun". That's not an argument, it's your subjective enjoyment of a product. It's like those fuckers that say that a game "is fun" with friends, when basically anything you can do is fun with friends.

Objectively, it was a shit movie that has no point in existing, since it actually doesn't introduce anything new to the franchise. Even the Prequel trilogy did things better. At least there was a more substantial story, the planets were unique, with distinct visuals and themes going on, the villains (outside Grievous) were actually threatening, new concepts were introduced to the franchise, etc.

Basically, the greatest sin of TFA is that it made me defend the fucking Prequels. So go fuck yourself.

Pacific Rim had shit characters, shit plot, shit everything beside a few mechs, and mechs isnt for everybody, so it flopped not only because of the mech but because Del Toro was too far up his sour fish smelling weebcunt

You can have enjoyment out of something, even if you think its bad.
Sounds redundant, but I have that with some games, and movies.

I'd really like an edgy mech body horror game, maybe with some kaiju in there too.

Doesn't matter western devs would just give player characters tank controls and not make the gameplay gonzo character action like I want it to.

Also they'd just make it a fighting game, and whats the fun in that?

It should be A symetric where the robot team has a choice of 3 mecha and an unlimited amount of tanks and military craft. So the gameplay would be that the robot would have to intercept the Kaiju and try to get it's healthbar down. So the kaiju would kill 1 robot, and then you'd move onto the next one and let the last robot be retrieved and repaired in the hangar bay. When all robots are depleted you have a choice of tank or aircraft and have to fight alongside all the jobbers in their craft until a robot is available to launch. The jobber crafts could also be used in lieu of available robots to let all 3 recuperate.

The kaiju side must deplete the cities health or penetrate into the underground base. The robots are just an inconvenience to them and the kaiju has a giant health pool making matches last for 10 minutes at most.

The robots are scored on their speed of defeating the kaiju. A time penalty is added every time a Mecha has fallen.

The kaiju is scored on the amount of genocide and damage to infastructure it's caused, along with how many military/robots it's destroyed.

100 for jobbers
1000 for mecha

The game ends if the Kaiju reaches the base or the population count becomes 0.

Each stage is a city.

the nignaknog was THERE because of social justice, that alone makes him shit, because they had to shoehorn him in.
2nd he had nothing to do because the skinny chick needed the screentime to be strungindeponzwymynz so the black guy had all of role neutered.

What was his role supposed to be anyway? In Episode IV you had Luke, Han and Leia, all with different skillsets that meshed together to make a well rounded team.

In TFA the spic has all of three scenes, Rey (Mixer) does everything anyway and the nigger just runs around a lot and gets beaten with a nightstick.

What is really insulting about TFA isn't the Jew being a Jew, but how fucking lazy it is. It's a godawful movie that everyone keeps praising because it doesn't have any white men as lead characters in it. That's what the Western entertainment industry has been reduced to. A product is good so long as it shits on white men and fills out the tumblr approved checklist of necessary minorities and endangered groups, according to the newest Progressive Stack.

And that's why every faggot defending this piece of shit movie should just go and kill himself.

He's the poc sidekick, every stronk independent womyn who don't need no men has one, they're usually black but they also come in asian, latino, arab…

It's supposed to make it seem like you're fighting DA POWA and you care about minorities.

Like Hillary trying to appeal to them trying to be cool and hip lately.

Too ambitious for my current level of expertise

To an extent SRW has you fighting monsters from the various shows

I forget which one it was, but it had Tekkaman blade and GGG, I think it was one of the DS games, but basically being turned into a zonder made you immune to the radam

I had a dream about a mecha v kaiju game a few days ago and I've been idea guying ever since.
How do I into game dev

I wanna play that one multiplayer gundam game so bad but I'm too lazy to setup/pay for a proxy and deal with moonrunes.

MWO or HяWken worth playing?

do not for the love of god play MWO

hawken is good solid fun, just really really lacking players

Get triggered faggot, he was great in it. Not that the movie was all that good, but he gave a fun performance.

Kill yourself

Damn nigga, talk about getting triggered. Stay mad Holla Forumsfaggot. And yes he was good in the movie.

I want a Pacific Rim with gameplay similar to Toribash but somewhat simplified so that it can go faster.

If any of you have not played Toribash and were triggered when I said simplified, keep in mind that it is overcomplicated to the point where fights just end up looking like aggressive cuddling matches or voilent twister once you're on the ground.

Summer is coming

Evangelion 64 was pretty good, needs more Asuka calling Shinji an idiot though

I dont think he even Holla Forums. More like /r/pol lost.

At least we got R.A.D.

You might say nobody cared who he was when he took off the mask