Yoko Taro Thread

Do either of first two pics have an english translation? Will Automata be about Ayyliums?
Did Caim do anything wrong?

Also first pic is only called Drakengard in the English release so you kinda answered your own question there

Never forget.

Also I guess I should reiterate, webm related

English voices from just the opening scene got me to spend the 5 bucks for Japanese audio

Does Drakengard 3 get better after Branch A? I had so little fun the first time it almost turned me off of it.

The game may not be for you if you haven't been enjoying it. If you do choose to go all the way through to ending D you're not going to be rewarded with any sort of pay off. Although I do recall that by the point ending A rolls around Zero and her grudge against her sisters hasn't been explored properly and that's addressed during branch B or C. If your gripe is with the gameplay it's not going to get better and you should invest your time someplace else.

final boss is so much fun

Fuck you

i really like drakengard, but if you haven't enjoyed yourself yet, you won't enjoy any more of the game

this is very much soup you eat because you like the spoon, because the spoon is fucking bonkers

I only ever played Drakengard 3.
I feel like I'm missing out.
Am I?

Bump

The game's premise is fucking great, but it falls apart way too easily upon scrutiny.

didn't 8-4 localize drakengard 3?
is it still worth playing the western release or should i learn moon frst?

I still haven't beaten that shit. I swear the damn rhythm game is off. I play guitar hero and ddr on expert and FC songs. I still can't beat this shit.

You should still play it. A lot of the dialogue can be cringe worthy though. You can buy the Jap audio but it still has the original english subtitles.

I used a timing video guide and still could not do it

I never even got to the black screen with the last note once

I personally got to the part where those 8 notes happen one after another in the final part of the song, I think it's about 6 minutes in. But yeah I've pretty much given up on ever completing it and just watched the ending on Youtube. The first Drakengard's final boss was hard but it was at least doable, I do not honestly see how any human managed to genuinely beat it.

The timing guide makes it quite doable. Go back and finish it.

The director's name should be on the box. Lonf live the new age of the auteur. Also it will allow me to pass crappy games easier.

It still sucks because the subtitles are broken thanks to localization.

Fuck Drakengard 2.

Not Taro Yoko

I know. I just wanted to get that out of my system.

Caim with a cloak though looked pretty rad

Does caim show up in Drakengard 3?

It's a prequel so no.

Is it harder than the Greatest Battle?

Yeah the story is pretty shit if you scrutinize it even the slightest. I think people mostly like the twist that the 2nd playthrough throws at you. If Popola or Devola just stopped and explained things to Nier's group then they probably could have avoided the apocalypse.

My memory of the specifics is hazy but as I remember Devola and Popola were trying to restore Weiss by guiding Nier to the verses/pages or whatever so Weiss could combine with Noire and start the Gestalt process. Gestalt Nier fucked it up by being impatient and taking Yonah which lead Replicant Nier down the path he went towards the end. Ultimately Devola and Popola are at fault for being unable to adapt to the change in situation.

In the drakenguard games how difficult is to collect all the weapons to be able to get all the endings? In my first playthrough of nier I managed to collect all the weapons without outside help and whenever there are collectibles in games I like to collect them all during the first playthrough so I don't have to worry about them in later ng+s.

That holds true for act one. Weiss needs the sealed verses for the gestalt/replicant fusion, so it makes sense they would help Nier gather them while setting up the shadowlord confrontation. It's act two that makes shit for sense. Shadowlord and Noir are sitting on their bloody asses in the heart of the Gestalt bastion , doing fuckall to help the situation. You could maybe surmise the twins are helping Nier get to him because SL's being a broody lazy ponce, but that hardly changes the fact they're helping Papa destroy the last chances of the surface shades and the last chances of the headquarter shades, just so he gets to shadowlord for another try at grimoire fusion, What little sense that makes is dashed when they actually try to stop him twice. I like Taro, don't get me wrong, but how can you let that kind of nonsense get past you ? Granted, it isn't easy to make everything click together. I certainly can't think of a way to fix it.

A while I tried playing Drakengard and it started to wear on me physically and mentally. I wasn't hating it but I wasn't having fun, I was doing it as the noise in the background that's considered music continues to play in my ears. Should I keep going? I'm really early on in the game.

Juts finished playing through it myself in preparation to start 3, I agree.

Interesting ideas near the end of the game, but the middle of the slog through the districts made me want to kill myself.

Taro san i hope you can do Nier HD if this sells. Poor game never got a fair shot the first time around.

Well that depends on what you want, if you think the game will ever make you happy or be fun then no, it won't. The point of the unsettlingly awful music, fucked up story, and repetitive clunky gameplay is to make you feel like shit and hate everything that you're doing.

Yoko Taro is a complete madman

The only rational thing I can think of is that they were hoping Nier would be killed by the shades while attempting to gather the keys to the SL's castle. I imaginethat way they could get Weiss on his own or have the replicant system make a new, weaker Nier for them to control. With them willingly sacrificing innocent people to achieve this end.
Perhaps the SL did not try to confront Nier at any other time because he understands the risk that he can't die 'lest all Gestalts relapse.
I think that makes sense. Please expose any holes in it.

It's been 1 generation, give it a few years

It does help make some sense of the story, in the sense that the twin's actions upgrade from completely irrational to simply stupid. If you wanted to kill a huge angry man with a knack for killing shades, siccing him on very sensitive targets in the hope he dies is a terrible plan. Just poison the dude. Poison even comes up in a sidequest.
Of course, that ignores the logical thing to do which smashes the story in half, namely just explaining the situation to Nier and friends. But that's a riding-the-eagles-to-mordor tier plot hole.
On the whole though, your explanation does improve things.

Yeah, it is stupid and overdone. The key holders in Nier may as well be robot masters from Megaman or DIO's assassins in part 3 of JoJo's.

I do have my doubts about trying to explain the situation to Nier and company. Then again the twins don't attempt to explain anything until after they acknowledge things have gone too far so it's kind of a toss up for me.

What I want to know is that if the sealed verses originate from the twins the why did they need Weiss to go and collect them? If they are able to copy them from Weiss directly then why didn't they just hand out copies to begin with, rather than flat out give them away?
Granted it wasn't a part of their plan for a book to get a concussion, but it is still very odd.

any way to play in a emulation with GOOD english translation?

this tbh

Is it really that bad?
I know it's a bit rub-a-dub-dub thanks for the grub tier, but do they outright cut any content from the Japanese version?

Well it made me feel dead inside so I guess it did it's job. Sasuga Yoko Taro

I watched Nier a few days ago to get a feel for how the mechanics or story would be for Nier Automata. Was hoping to see YoRHa's in the game, but now I know the new Nier is going to be a whole different time with different characters (besides Emil for some reason?).
So Kaine has a dick, wew.

Why is Raiden dressed like a JRPG protagonist?

No, enough with the fucking HD remakes. The game is fine as it is, and you know someone will just fuck it up in the process, because they'll think they have the artistic license to change things because reasons. Like give Kaine a new outfit because the old one was sexist or some shit.

Seriously, we don't do HD remakes of NES and SNES games, we give them CRT filters at most. Leave those games to age for fucks sake.