PREY(2017)

will this be good?

will it have open world and holographic strippers?

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/anechan_d3p
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why do you want that trash in the first place?

Do you genuinely believe that would be a thing in the modern development climate?

lmao. No.

maybe
take into account it has very little to do with prey and is meant to be a system shock successor more than anything

1:09 they look like holograms to me

IT STILL HURTS!!!

YU CANT TELL ME THIS DIDN'T LOOK AWESOME

But they're already making a System Shock 3 and remaking the first one, why does this one also need to be a spiritual successor? Why would they do that to Prey fans?

WILL I GET TO BE AN INTERGALACTIC BOUNTY HUNTER !!! TELL ME!!

it's really shitty how it was canned
let your studio be swallowed up by bethesda or be free with all your work trashed

good on humanhead for not giving bethesda what they wanted at least

I cant believe that was a whole 5 years ago fugg

Why is this game called Prey? It has zero connection to the first game.

Why do I get the feeling the prey name was just slapped on a random game.

When was the last time a vidya reboot was faithful to the original? The only ones I can think of post-2000 are Gauntlet, Spyhunter and arguably Rygar. The fifth gen reboots of classic arcade games tended to be great, though.

No shit? Please, tell me more.

what is nuDoom

edf 2017/2025

I can't believe I forgot about EDF. 4.1 on PC when.

with oneechanbara's pisspoor sales on PC? haha never ever

Could swear I've heard this before.

It looks pretty fun but I don't see how it has anything to do with Prey.

Prey 1 was a trashier Doom 3, with few weapons and trashy powers that served no purpose whatsoever. And the half-scifi, half-mythos setting wasn't really used effectively until the end. In many respects, it anticipated Portal's trick (and Duke Forever's self-shrinking ray…) but that was just a drop in the ocean.

Too bad, Prey deserved better after 10 years of previews in gaming magazines.

Your opinion is wrong.

It had a different protagonist, but Tommy was in it as your mentor and the main plot was going to be tracking down more Keeper Spheres with displaced human buddies.

No, but casuals will like it since they haven't played the original System Shock games and don't know any better. It will be Bioshock all over again.
No strippers, no cool aliens, no bounty hunting and no native americans.

Your opinion is shit. Prey was one of the last pure shooters and the level design was amazing, the presentation was great and the story was decent.

Because it was.

I enjoyed Prey. Xbox used to be good.

But how many people actually played it? Game bombed iirc.

Because the Arkane guys love immersive sims and System Shock was one. Dishonored was pretty much a crappy spiritual successor to Thief in many ways so now they want to do one to the other big LGS hit.
It wasn't up to Arkane, they had already plans on making this new original title based on System Shock so when they approached Bethesda with it they demanded that they slap on the Prey title because it's always better to use an old trademark than a new one. Only Human Head cares about the Prey fans.

It was a success but not a huge one, that's why it was getting a sequel.

Deus Ex Human revolution was kind of a reboot.

The Deus Ex license was in limbo for years, I'm glad Square picked it up.

Pic one makes no sense.

System Shock 2 wasn't set on a space station but a spaceship.

I'm pretty sure of it. Played it.

This can only bode well

Why even use the fucking name.

The name was grafted on later, it was never intended to be a Prey game.

NO!

Prey 1 was pretty weak, and we're talking about a "re-imagining" by the same people who took Doom's speed metal throwdown and turned it into red and brown: the wubbening

tl;dr i doubt it will be good or even okay

Now that ZeniMax has booted Human Head Studios out of their own IP, it's already doomed to be a watered down streamlined pile of shit.

it'll be a promising shell of a game that ultimately gets fucked over by zenimax/bethesda while they suck every last drop of originality and ambition out of arkane

People say you can't judge something by it's cover, but there's enough of a pattern here to safely say the game will at best be unoriginal and at worst be really shit.

You fucking nigger it came out at the same time as Senran. It wasn't a lack of interest, it was unfortunate timing and everyone was broke, so they bet on anime titties and musou.

It's shit.

Prey 1 was boring tbh. Pretty sure this will be better.

The port was done by one Nip
mobile.twitter.com/anechan_d3p

When The Day comes you bethesda shills will be the first to go.