Nier 2 Boss Battle Gameplay

This is it. We've reached "Peak videogames".

youtube.com/watch?v=ivVUIUnbIBE#t=177

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ntHiY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is there any more footage from E3? I've only seen this and the new trailer.

Platinum games does it again

What do we do when it turns out to be shit?

The same we did with Drakengard 3.

Is this Platinum's official apology for the shitshows that are TMNT, Star Fox Zero, and Scalebound?

Drakengard 3 was shit?

Drakengard 3 was platinum?

why even bother including it?
seriously, this it the number one thing I could not and still continue to not be able to wrap my head around, why include a game mechanic about dodging while returning fire when you all you're actually able to do is intercept fire, and with zero difficulty to top it off

it's such a confusing design concept that my ability to write sentences with cohesive grammar has been broken

I wish to have sexual interactions with that boss

What other cuh-rayzee shit will he show us next?!

It looked like you can't shoot the darker bullets.

D3 was destined to be shit since it started as a PSP then was put on PS3 so it ended up looking and running like complete dogshit.

PC when?

I know for a fact there's at least one Touhou boss where you can sit on a pixel and win by not moving.

It's the apology for having a sperg like Kamiya, Yoko is much more superior to that bald piece of dogshit.

Can't wait for this game, fam.

You're gonna die nigga

This game looks amazing, maybe I should play the original Nier now.
I thought it was some 2deep4ushit.

it's not about how well the bullet patterns are implemented, as they are still really easy (since I can dodge nier bullet segments and i'm awful at shmups) but simply the inclusion of an ability to completely delete the bullets, it just seems to say the devs were like 'we wanted to do danmaku segments but we were worried it would be too hard so you can just shoot the bullets'
the point being that, why even include the mechanic at all if its impact on playing the game is effectively nil

you might be right actually, I hope that will be more prevalent, since it means the mechanic could actually be used in an interesting way

It's not that.

You can see in the video that the boss shoots two types of bullets when the perspective changes. The red bullets can be intercepted and shot down, but the purple bullets could not.

Looks fun.

Wow nice user, thought this was gonna be another year of shit games, and me gonna have to play other recycled shit like WoW, monhun or whatever to pass the time.

Gonna look forward to this and keep up with it.

If this doesn't get a PC port by 2018 I might actually have to buy a PS4.

So how good was the first Nier and what was it about? I never had a chance to ever to actually check it out myself.

Is the PS4 actually worth buying now?

THEY'RE CALLING FORTH THE MOTHER GROTESQUE

-

yes

Bloodborne is a meme, Last Guardian has been in development for like 15 years, and Kojima is a hack. Maybe Ace Combat 7 will be good. Berserk Musou will probably be my jam, because I dig Musou games.

Maybe it really is almost time to get a PS4. It's only taken them four fucking years to build some kind of library, assuming most of these release in 2017.

That has never, ever been a good sign for any project in any medium of entertainment.

i fully expect automata to be tohou: revengeance.

It's Yoko Taro saying it, he's a professional jokester, he's most likely just fucking around.

opinion discarded

Remember when Yoko Taro posted on Holla Forums? Good times.

We can embed YouTube videos OP, lemme help

stop that

Good times.

Platinum only did the models and graphics for Star Fox Zero, dumbas
and Star Fox Zero was good, you massive retard

Looks like a bogstandard boss fight to me.

Death Stranding is on PC how long will you cucks keep believing its not?

Wait until it has like 15.

Its a Taro Yoko game, even if platinum is developing Trao Yoko its mainly the main figure here. But i normally follow directors so idk.

Wait really? Also it sucks the dub amd translation was fucked. I wish localization didn't exist and it was just translation.

Korra, more likely.

Nier 1 had the same mechanics. 'Weak' magic bullets could be canceled by weiss's dark blast which played the same role as the pod in automata. 'Strong' magic bullets were not canceled by dark blasts but stronger magic attacks and your weapon like dark lance and dark hand could cancel them. Weak magic bullets were a light red color and strong bullets were dark red. The danmaku elements of nier 1 were not that great and amazing but two exceptions in the game that I did like was the last boss in the aerie and the shadowlord fight.

Her floating guns remind me of the guns that the robot in that DBZ beat-em-up game uses

It's a WoW boss fight in singleplayer.

What? What are you talking about?

That's what I first thought of when I saw the trailer.

You dodge things, usually keep your distance, get in close to stab the boss a few times, then get away while he does his moves.
I'm not sure how else to explain it. If you've ever played WoW for a bit you might be able to relate.

In WoW you dodge things in real time? I thought only FFXIV had something like that and it's just AoE attacks

It hurts my soul when faggots immediately call a game bad, let alone a meme, without ever playing it once

Opinion discarded,

Dodging things in WoW means not standing in whatever dangerous thing is on the floor for that battle. It doesn't work like an action game.

Fuck yes.

Some endgame bosses had bullet-hell tier phases, ignore that faggot he´s propably underage and havent seen a bullet hell in his life.

Alright, that's pretty good too.

Apart from the complete lack of any indication of damage being dealt it seems pretty solid. Love the fact that instead of completely removing the bullet hell thing they improved it.

O shit.

Watching the other gameplay trailer I realized one thing.

The enemies all look like Emil right.
And they wear area specific clothing right.
And Emil was a human before right.
And Taro talks about "evolved" enemies when asked a stupid question right.

So what if the humans on earth were ascended in the way Emil was ascended? Its basically the same tweest the first game has but it makes a whole lot of fucking sense.

What does it all mean?

Nevermind I'm retarded. It's been a while and for some reason I remembered Beepy looking different than he does. Those robots do like Emil.

You got a source on that?

Everyone dies the most horrible death possible, the game.

Gameplay is average, but Story, music, character design, & most voice acting is so S++ tier you forgive it.

Be warned, it's literally the most depressing game of all time. If you get to the D ending, you may never play videogames ever again.

It's mostly the ending parts of the game that are good. The story is pants on head retarded. Nier did everything wrong because none of the "antagonists" would take the five minutes it would require to explain their actions, thus making Nier murder everyone and doom humanity to destruction.

So do I have to play Nier 1 first? I know the Jap and English versions have different stories, so which one do I play?

You don't have to play it first, but you might miss some references to the original. The story in the Jap/English versions isn't much different. Jap version has fujoshit Nier and sister Yonah, while English version has Papa Nier and daughter Yonah.

archive.is/ntHiY Never fucking forget

Reminder that Beepy actually survived and became a robot hive-mind god thousands of years after Nier

Nobody in the game could actually tell Nier that what he was doing was fucking wrong except for the guys at the Aerie but they're assholes, and Popola and Devola
I still think it's fucking stupid that neither Popola nor Devola could spend a few minutes to explain Papa Nier what the fuck was going on to make him co-operate with their plan to save humanity and instead chose the most cryptic, shady possible way to do it. Then again, they were androids and didn't seem to think their methods were important as long as they got results, and by that point in time Nier is too far desensitized to killing shades to care about anything but muh daughter I guess.

Looks fun, but a bit too easy''. I hope there's a hard mode or NG+ that gives you some real bullet hell shit.

So it's just like the PS3 then? Started out with nogaems, ended up being the best console of its gen.
Weebshit is also starting to move over the the PS4 now. It's not worth getting one yet since most of these games are not out yet, but in the next year or so it probably will be.

have they announced who is localizing this yet? I'm so afraid they are going to fuck up the localization.