kickstarter.com/projects/1964463742/the-mandate/posts/1615111
ed-td.space/fr/9/Système/idSys/5150/nSys/GD 219
kickstarter.com/projects/1964463742/the-mandate/posts/1615991
youtube.com/watch?v=WmrJNBor0Q8
youtube.com/watch?v=-eB5690djVg
youtube.com/watch?v=ViuAE_Phtig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We truly live in dark times.

Have people forgotten about the Coloby Wars games?. Look at these graphics and gameplay, can you believe that this is a Playstation game released in 2000?.

Bread pls no die

Oh come now OP, space isn't that scary.
Just don't go riling up the locals

your thread deserve to die

Still pretty much just waiting on No Man's Sky and playing old games in the meantime. The Long Journey Home initially seemed interesting but after learning more about it I lost interest.

There is so much wrong with that it hurts.
In the book all the characters are around age 8-9 tops, Ender is 6 and bean is just 4-5. Casting them as angsty teens undermines the entire point of the book. They're supposed to be naive and sociopathic, like little kids are.
Their "space tactics" are laughably idiotic. Bodyblocking every shot the enemy fires to make way for the big gun?
Also, the book was written purely as a set up Speaker for the Dead, which is just plain too bizarre to ever get turned into a movie. And I sure as fuck hope not, its one long mormon diatribe, on account of the writer being kind of a religious fundamentalist.
The most interesting part from a sci fi perspective, the shit they learn about combat in 3D space never has any bearing on the story and would never work outside of practice games where they can game the rules to get a technical win in every game. In the real world, purposfully getting your legs shot so you can hide behind it without getting hit, would be retarded. Once the kids graduate to actually moving ships around, all the shit they learned previously goes right out the window anyway. So it was all a waste of time.
Its a shit movie based on an fundamentally flawed book written by a complete nutcase.
And its all pointless in the books anyway, since he spends every book after it moping about and being angsty over the whole killing off a species aliens who tried to wipe out humanity.

Damn straight.
Gravity was a shit movie with an even shittier lead (both character AND actor, fucking hell) but it did an amazing job of showing space for the horror it really is.

New Starsector Blog post.
fractalsoftworks.com/2016/06/09/planetary-surveys/

i preordered the soundtrack and it got delayed too

Isn't the point of the space combat in it not to learn to actually defend yourself in space but encourage their violence and tribalism.

Considering enders game has ender winning from a command center well outside the combat zone it doesn't seem, like they were ever intended to serve on the front lines. That said, I've only seen the shitty movie not read the books.

I feel your pain. It's sort of nice to have something to look forward to though.

I would love to watch these retards suddenly realize that there is no way back, and then just mentally break.

One step closer to comfy space mining.
I love that non-combat approaches to the game are starting to become more viable.
And I especially love the fact that they're working in the concept art they've had sitting around for months.

It still had the best space battles of any movie in a decade

I wish space games could be this comfy.

I don't care that it's not vidya, but I think you all would enjoy the book Saturn Run.

Tell me about Starsector anons. What is going to make it different to stuff like VoidExpanse, Starpoint Gemini, or Endless Sky? Sounds similar to those games from what I've read about it.

who /spaceengineers/ here?

Finally another space thread

Now I really despair of it ever being finished.

I think it will.
Wait for that though.

daily reminder that Dual Universe will redefine the blockbuild space genre as we know it

daily reminder that Star Citizen will redefine graphical fidelity & space mmos

Into the trash it goes.

Yeah. That webm in the OP is cancer.

What game can I make space my bitch?

From the looks of it, it has better combat than all three.

I still don't understand what they were trying to do by finally adapting the book. After they had the three sequel books, which were 90% philosophical, 8% filler and 2% action, what would the plan have been if the Ender's Game movie became a massive hit?
Its real hard to take a very slow paced character drama that has no action and make it something that the masses would like.

So I guess I'm glad it failed though I wish its failure could be attributed wholly to the film and not have me questioning how much of it is because of Orson Scott Card's anti-gay position

Wasnt it Mars One that worked out the prices of transporting each way?

apparently a return trip from mars costs as much as 10 trips going to mars. How many coddled kids would be begging their parents to pay for the ride back after a week there?

Master of Orion 2.

I already miss the comfy dark and cold winter evenings spent flying around in Space Engine.

Link to a HD video pls.

Setting up your own bases would be awesome. Im playing nexarelin right now, I like to do pirate runs and having a quite place to return to would cool.

we need better energy sources, fam

We're fine as far as energy goes what with nuclear power (just need to shoot all the leftists who think it's bad for the environment), it's raw materials we need.

Hi.

I want a video game where I can travel through worm holes, kill myself in black holes, and fuck alien holes.

what game?

Try googling it dumbshit
The webm has a title card and credits you fucking moron

So anons, storytime.

I want to believe.

Reported for kike shill.

Kill yourself.

What are some games that let you have a comfy house-sized spaceship where you can walk around inside?

Pulsar Lost Colony.

So, will we ever get something as good as freelancer again?

Ah good a new thread.

Time for some news!

Yup.

I've been sinking a lot of comfy hours into E:D. Just started some exploring in my new toy.

What ambitious and you thought was good but actually when you go back to it surprisingly average and mediocre? We get that all the time user.

Meant for

Bahahaha

Even worse than people who use the phrase "assault weapons".

I wonder if there's been space vidya before where it's takes sci-fi up to 11, where it takes things to a scale beyond our comprehension?Quite literally set in a future where mankind has progressed to the point where they can weld power that can construct artificial galaxies, wars that swallow entire star systems using black holes and where the destruction can warp the fabric of time and reality itself?

I guess probably thinking 40k Dark Age levels of Tech, and even then give that a run for it's money

I had a draft of a sci-fi story a while ago about a xenoarchaeologist who discovered a galaxy-spanning society that died out when it couldn't cope with the death of the star of its homeworld. He spent the rest of the story trying to convince humanity to decentralize as much as possible. Not quite there on the size, but time-wise it's up there for scale. I should revisit that story.

The closest that comes to mind is the Endless, in Endless Legend/Space. I mean the whole premise of Endless Legend is that their nanotech (Dust) basically makes a planet a giant sentient AI and all of these races have what they believe to be magical powers all because of the Endless' leftover scraps.

I agree with you but I don't want to.

Nuclear is the best option we've got by far, but the Nips were fucking retarded at Fukushima.
Japan is general is one of the worst possible places in the world for nuclear power, geographically speaking.

Uhuh cleanup is impossible since the fucking reactor is so radioactive even the Japanese robots can't get in there. Fukushima reactor will be a monument to mankind's hubris for 10000 years. Every year it is costing Japan another billion. Even the water they used to cool it needs to be kept in storage for decades.

The Japanese contained the disaster but they're not fixing it. Because they cannot.

You're retarded, user.

Think about that statement carefully.

Can you guys recommend me a space game, one that makes you feel as small as we are in relation to it

Space Engine is the only thing that really captures the scale but that's not a game. Otherwise if you aren't a casual Starflight makes you feel pretty small.

Space Engineers has basically actual-size planets explorable and potentially infinite space. P. fun fam.

Star Citizen :^)

where is the mandate shill? come out! i know you are out there!

Yes user?

Think about how many rockets have exploded in the history of space launches.

Now imagine every one of those was carrying 100kg of uranium in a nuclear thermal rocket when they exploded. And solid-core nuclear thermal rockets are the safest form of nuclear thruster. You'd need nuclear pulse propulsion or a liquid/gas-core NTR to produce enough thrust to reach orbit and those are outrageously dangerous. That means launching hundreds of miles away from anyone for safety. It'd also qualify as above-ground nuclear testing since the ship would be propelled by a stream of bombs.

It isn't just "muh greenpeace won't let NASA go to space", a nuclear-based space infrastructure is a complicated issue and we don't even know how to build those engines in the first place.

There has literally been zero accidents in the history of the US's nuclear Navy. If we gave first priority to space exploration, in the way that we give it to the military, we could do this.

Sea and space are apples and oranges. Ships are just inherently less accident-prone. They want to float and they aren't exposed to very extreme physical environments. Mass is barely a concern at all, so they're built tough and can have lots of reactor shielding and safety features as a land powerplant would. And a ship's nuclear powerplant is a closed system, since all it needs to do is generate electricity to turn the screws.

Spacecraft are on the verge of exploding at the best of times. Going at mach 7 through the atmosphere, it would take an eternity to list all the things that would be fatal to a rocket but only a minor inconvenience to a ship (a piece of foam falling off, for instance). And nuclear rockets have to be open systems, so they spew radioactive gas and uranium/plutonium fragments out in the exhaust. Every single launch would be an "accident".

I'm not even against nuclear but you have to understand what we'd need to make this work: a remote launch complex that is far enough away from people, groundwater, and air currents that you could dump an unlimited amount of waste there, positioned at a desireable latitude for reaching orbit. Everything would have to be brought there, built there, launched there, and land there. The entire operation would require total radiological protection for all workers- they'd be in a plutonium dustbowl. An unmanned vehicle would have to drive/float the spacecraft out to its launch area so that no one has to be nearby when it takes off. I'm not sure if there is a suitable area inside the continental US right now, the middle of the ocean might be a good alternative.

No one has considered this kind of megascale engineering project since cold war missile systems and I doubt policymakers could ever be convinced to dump that kind of money into space exploration which has no immediate benefits. Welcome to this gay earth.

hey Holla Forums !
Is X Rebirth finally good?
it's supposed to be v4.0 now :^)

A turd V4 is still a turd.

What the hell is that?

fuck i wanna play with my recently built HQ
Gonna automate fleet building and take over slam into the Phanon corp HQ

how is that a bunch of floating rocks and nothingness can be more scary than enviroments designed so everything wants to kill and eat you?

you space fags are clueless, the answers are down here

It's simple user.
Space is completely unknown.
It's the same reason the deep sea is scary as hell.
You just don't know what to expect.
Space also has its absolute coldness that's not even hostile but just uncaring.

its the ultimate feeling of loneliness.

That nothingness can kill you more thoroughly than anything on Earth ever could.

Haven't heard anyone else talking about it, but Planetbase is pretty cool.

The goal of the game is to build self-sufficient colonies on various planets. You start on Mars or somewhere like it, with a basic atmosphere allowing for wind to power your wind turbines, and an atmosphere that isn't too thick for solar panels to operate efficiently. It has sandstorms though that can be rough on your colonists, and especially your bots. Later you'll colonize a frozen planet, with blizzards, and then a barren rocky moon that suffers solar flares and shit like that, with no atmosphere so no wind for wind turbines. Tons of meteors wrecking your shit all the time too. There's another planet after that I haven't unlocked yet, but it's probably got even crazier hazards and conditions.

I had a fresh but basically self-sufficient colony on the barren planet fail because in the middle of the night a meteor struck the single power reserve (collects power when the grid has an excess, drains when the grid is on a deficit) in the middle of the night. With no power, the oxygen generator failed but even worse, the airlocks couldn't function so the colonists couldn't get outside to repair the damages. They all asphyxiated before morning.

You don't actually spend any time in literal interplanetary space, but you're colonizing various extraterrestrial bodies so it counts as a space game.

Aight guys!
Battlefleet Gothic:Armada just got its long awaited spess muhreen DLC.

So far i have had lots of SM vs SM matches and during them i have learned one very important thing.

Marine torpedo ships are OP as fuck!
Why?
Because they get an upgrade that allows them to use troop torpedoes, but that's not all, they are troop torpedoes that home in on targets.
So you can be facing the opposite direction of your opponent and still the torpedoes swing in a long arc around and towards the enemy.

It is absolutely hilarious.

I need to leave I have to find some way off this fucking rock soon

What's the matter user gravity got you down :^)

I just want to move to mars and commit tech heresy.

What's their fleet line up like?
I stopped playing after beating the game due to the horrific multiplayer grind, I'd like them to make more single player campaign expansions tbh

Hello fellow space colonist. :^)

Sieg Zeon

torrent when

They get 4 light cruisers, at least 3 assault cruisers and by what i hear 2 battle barges.

I can almost imagine them doing the power pose.

OP's webm = fantasy

My pic = reality

Why not just play space engineers? You can build and manage whatever the fuck you want, not just balls and tubes.

Did they fix the memory leaks and the laggy multiplayer yet? Haven't played since before the planet update.

Its not exactly a leak, you just need 4gb+ to play. And mp is just as bad as it was.

You get the idea.

I have 16GB. However, me and my friend stopped playing because exploring around would make all the asteroids stay loaded in the memory, and no matter the RAM the server host had, the game would chug down to 5fps, and then crash. Made it essentially unplayable in MP for us.

Not sure, but probably most of these problems was more or less solved. The only way to know is to try it.

That game got boring so fucking fast.

And even funnier is that you can't select higher difficulties unless completing the lower ones.

Glad I didn't pay for it!

Bump with Space Ranger 2 backgrounds.

wait

No

o-okay…

how come spess thread didnt nominate a banner?

here's one
spess banner is dum

Holding out hope for their second generation drives.

They're supposedly capable of being used on land.

anything new about mandate?

didnt the US almost got blow up in nuclear fire like 2 or 3 times? but got saved by pure luck?

because there are any good banner material?

^^Not yet**

nice spoiler

I'm so sorry user.

This is good, yes?

They made it so that mods use less memory as well, on top of the support for mods being able to add ships that destroy planets that the last update added.

wait did my ID change?

Aight guys, more info about space marines in BFG:A.

Pictured a battle barge with the chapter master inside it.

I find neutron stars to be scarier tbh.
Stellar remnants are more interesting than they seem.
youtube.com/watch?v=ow9JCXy1QdY
youtube.com/watch?v=x0jh26fr8Xg

Nope. Liquid salt reactor produces heat, this heat is transferred to the propellant via a radiator, and you've got your closed cycle nuclear rocket.
You sure love writing huge paragraphs for not knowing what the fuck you're talking about.

youtu.be/bM8YGsAmeqE?t=2m6s

Memory leaks and laggy multiplayer I can deal with. How well optimized is it? I need more spess in my life.

I must have meant to say that nuclear rockets have to be open cycle to be worth using, because your idea would produce fuckall specific impulse.

I forgot to mention, at the start while making your admiral (save slot) you have to pick a chapter you play as.
You can pick form the following.

Is there ant difference or is it purely cosmetic?

So far it seems to be only cosmetic.
The background you get for your fleet changes and the coloration and insignias on your ships change as well as captain portraits.

What space games let me play as a bounty hunter or pirate? What game is best for comfy asteroid mining? What is best for comfy A E S T H E T I C?

You can get pretty much all of that in Rebel Galaxy.

Space ranger 1 and 2, but no asteroid mining

While I really like that game, it is far from the best in any of those categories.

All X series on -75% sale.

looks interesting, I'll check it out.

thanks for your concern. what do you think would be better for me?

(checked)
I have X3 collecting digital dust, maybe I'll brush it off and start playing sometime

That's a difficult one.
If you want to do pirate stuff because you want combat I'd recommend Freespace 1 & 2.
Freespace Open is probably as close to a perfect game as you can get.
Freespace also has the best fighter combat in my opinion.

If you want to do pirate stuff because you just want to be a pirate, Rebel Galaxy is probably not even that bad of a choice.
It has a great atmosphere which is perfect for spess piracy.

X3 Albion Prelude is the absolute go-to for becoming a space jew.
It probably also offers the best of all in a single package.
It's hard to get into at first but once you do, you're hooked for life.
I'd highly recommend litcube's universe (a mod) even for a first playthrough.

If you want comfyness and nice visuals you could go for Elite Dangerous but the game is still rather shallow and barebones.

Either way, you can't really go wrong with any of these games.
Enjoy!

Is this it?

Sould I mention Spore? or at least modded spore.

Nigga that's a strike cruiser.

Isn't Phalanx the space station monestary?
I thought it was the thing on the background.

"The largest recorded starquake was detected on December 27, 2004 from the ultracompact stellar corpse (magnetar) SGR 1806-20, which created a quake equivalent to a 22 on the Richter Scale.[7] The quake, which occurred 50,000 light years from Earth, released gamma rays equivalent to 10^37 kW in intensity. Had it occurred within a distance of 10 light years from Earth, the quake would have possibly triggered a mass extinction.[8]"

A light year is 9 trillion kilometers, if this had happened 90 trillion kilometers away it could have ended life on earth, how fucking insane is this.

Makes me feel like I could die any moment now.

Do you have horizons? I'm thinking of buying it..

But I'm near the core of the galaxy so it might take me a few days to get back to civilized space

Game?

Oh man i love those. These quests add so much to the atmosphere. Truck simulator one was my favorite. Brilliant.

Space rangers. It isn't what you think it is though.

I ended up finding it. Is the actual gameplay fun?

This is good RPG mixed with text based games/quests and broken RTT combat (you can disable in options).

From the Depths or Space Engineers?

Wasn't that basically the plot of Incoming Forces?
The player plays as an alien desperately trying to defend his homeworld against human invaders.

>tfw cat's cradle is real:^)

I can't wait to use my divine powers to create the best vidya.

You know when I was a kid and this came out I didn't really mind the sfx. But now I want it to crippling quiet minus the engine sounds and gun vibrations.
It would make it that much more epic.

Holy shitballs those beamcannon sounds bring back memories.

That's pretty dope, my nigga.

What's the verdict on Elite Dangerous?

potential to be good but it's just empty
combat is like dogfighting without the risk of crashing into the ground, trading is using 3rd party tools to find the best trade routes and exploring is litterally just jumping from system to system scanning stars and moving on untill you hit deep space or the other side of the galaxy at which point it could be worth scanning the planets, and then selling that exploration data when you get back to inhabited space or the bubble as people call it

It's a bare bones space trucking simulator. When that gets boring, which it will. Then it becomes SpaceEngine: Stars edition, like 2nd pic

don't get me wrong, it's nice for what little there is
but it's just that there is so little there
what there's lots of is loading screens disguised as jumps between star systems
you'll be doing lots and lots of those while playing the game

Thanks

I shit on Star Citizen and its mentally encumbered fans out of spite for how much of a success I want the game to be.

I wish there was a space game that was like an fps inside a spaceship. And you basically play as a millenium falcoln/firefly type smuggler or whatever. Star Citizen obviously doesnt count because it isnt real.

Garbage 0/10 trash. The ships literally fly like planes. You have to roll and pitch in order to manuever.

Lmao. If your game has non newtonian flight kill yourself

Did I mention your speed actually has an effect on how fast you can turn? You have to put the throttle in a sweet spot to get max manuverability

This doesn't even make me sad.
It makes me mad.

You don't actually want that user. Look at any other "spiritual successor" ever.

star citizen

Nice dubsatanictrips

Pretty much this. You will probably only get a few ships to fly and the rest of them will be DLC.

Neutron stars are cool.

They sure are

Fans who boy pixels for $500 while devs buy new houses with their money and no measurable progress for more than a year.

Pyramid scheme! The sooner it's burned to the ground the better.

Deep sea is far more scary than space. also

Figures.

For big missions that require a bunch of wings like that and they start dropping I usually get them to form up on me. Then get them to go after a single target/objective with me, ensuring that some survive. When the mission is over and we jumped back to the cap ship, I imagine the surviving few going for a drink in honor of their fallen comrades.

There's one of those "VR Experience" things now that's basically a first-person spaceship tour of that old "size comparisons of celestial bodies" video. Starts with Earth and ends up with VY Canis Majoris.
It's only so-so, until Big Dog shows up. Then, just for a moment, it made me want to shit my pants.

Space Engine in VR is a much better experience, though, and you can even do the "line this system's bodies up in order of size" thing if you want to shit your pants gawking at a hypergiant or wolf-rayet star.

No, there is still no point to buying into VR.
VR "experiences" and games made specifically for VR will always be irredeemable trash.
The only hope is the high quality wrappers and injectors currently under development (vireio, vorpx, etc) that can turn real games into VR games as naturally as if they were made that way.
That's still at least a year off at an optimistic estimate.

Damn Star Ruler 2 is so shit! You just expand, expand, expand, a little battle pew-pew, expand, expand… that's it game is over.

What would happen if you were in a space adventure with Van Darkholme?

The mandate has a new update and also issued an apology on behalf of the development team for the lack of communication for the past few months.

Is it worth it to buy this game?

So are there any games that have realistic technology?

Yes.

I'd show him who's boss of this galaxy

its fun 4X, not the greatest of them all, if you want to be a good goy get the GOG version

RIP mandate

Yes!

Considering the mandate devs are Russian, i have a bit of hope.

whats up with that pic anyway?

Has anyone ever calculated our total velocity while sitting still on this planet, taking into consideration the rotation of the earth, movement of earth around the sun, the movement of the solar system, and the movement of our galaxy, relative to static space?

There may be no such thing. According to one theory, our entire universe is a 3D membrane wrapped around the event horizon of a 4D black hole. So the entire frame of reference we call the "universe" could itself be spinning around at unfathomable velocities.
In other words, it would appear that absolutely everything is relative to everything else, and there is no "static" or "constant" anything from which to build a solid basis for comparison that we know of.

bump

He looks like he belong in a Japanese space anime

Oh Elite dangerous if only there was actual things to do in it

The Dev team disallows players to do anything fun like bullying or monopolization

They chose to add rovers instead of making player interaction more refined like adding interiors of station and bars for players to meet up and make deals with one other, The whole game may as well be a single player

Hey the devs don't stop anyone from ganking players. There is a somewhat live pvp scene. Although it has been hampered by the grind for the new special weapons. A lot of pvp players have been leaving because of it.

Also interiors and walking around is season 3, there are rumors they are already working on it. Multicrew which is coming after the passenger mission update should give you some of that.

Why would you willingly pozz your own story?

Not even worth a pirate. They’ll be rounded up and shot.

Just got it form the summer sale. So far pretty cool. A lot of planets to land on and now more stations as well, which are on the planets.

unless they fixed the payout for surface missions don't bother with them.

i had horizons when it came out, spent an hour figuring out how to raid some automated base to collect intel or whatever it was to sell, wound up being something like 13k credits.

Being able to land on moons and scoot around (especially on tiny ones, like only thousands of km across) is pretty enjoyable, just do that for the keks and ignore missions.

Some of the surface missions I've seen have payouts of 600,000 credits or more. Usually given by pirates or independents. Was thinking of stacking them to make money and raise my status with them for better missions.

Wait 600k for surface only missions? And how long would one of those take, because that's just absurd compared to the space missions I've seen.

I just drive around and salvage stuff. They've fixed it so you get a payout for shooting wanted skimmers and the salvage around them is usually legal. Just make sure to bring a ship with some decent cargo for all of the stuff you can find to sell.

They actually give you a location for surface salvage missions so they don't take very long at all.

Don't take sabotage missions without a wing through they've made them a lot tougher. The Goliath skimmers for example when rammed by a ship destroy shields and hull for no good reason.

I haven't done one yet, but yeah 600k. One was to take out a generator, there was also one only for 300k, can't remember what it involved. I am further out. Around Vesuvit, maybe that's why the missions pay more?

payout I think depends on how much the faction your taking the mission from likes you. That and distance from the mission giver.

Yeah. Closer to Sol or whatnot, the missions were like 12ly away. Now where I am they are about 200ly and more away.

You can still have it reimbursed user, it is not too late.

I'm autistic enough about this game that I won't have to.

I haven't bought Horizon, and I feel like it would be a bad idea to do now because it doesn't look like Frontier has any idea on what to do to make the game more interesting beyond just "fun" space trucking, missions never really looked profitable because of the travel time needed (at least we get more accurate locations than just "space" now), I'd make more money just res farming or hauling minerals between an Extraction system and a Refiniery/High tech one. And now you're telling me you can get 300k/600k per surface missions? Do they take a lot of time?

We all say that in the beginning, you will regret that purchase.

Reported for shitposting, then.

go ahead, call the vols, they still cant unbait you.

Depends on the mission you take, surface salvage missions not so long since you are given a location to fly to, the only missions I know that can take a while are in space salvage missions cause they rely on the randomness of unknown source signals.

If you really want to make money despite the fall of robigo there are other stations atm that give out high paying smuggling missions. You'd have to do some google searches. Best way to make slow easy money is still to get involved in the community goals. If it's popular enough the lower tiers can pay out in a few millions.

Also only until the recent update missions where not supposed to be used to make money, they are mostly used to affect the global sim by helping or hindering the factions in systems that in turn affect the overall state of the system. Shooting pirates for a mission will reduce anarchy and increase security while doing smuggling missions will increase the power of the faction you're doing it for and increase anarchy. It's a complicated system and Frontier explain it nowhere.

I used to stack skimmers destruction mission from the same faction so they would all complete at the same time, at 400k a pop I would make a couple of mils in one planetside trip.

Found what I was looking for. You can do data transfer missions between Sothis and Ceos to rank up your standing with the factions at the two bases. Once it's high enough they'll start giving you ~5mil smuggling missions.

Remove Endless.

I'd tell him the leather club is two stations down, kick him out of my ship and call him a jabroni

actually they're pretty hot temperature wise.

so I actually read the mission details for the space salvage missions and it says to scan the nav beacon to get precise location.

Off to get 600k now

hue. temperature is irrelevant though, you would be zapped to death by the ion streams or pelted by gamma rays before you got close enough to feel the heat.

That greentext isnt' present in the link posted, where you getting it from?

I may try that out, wonder how long it will take me to get there.

Honestly I m having trouble enjoying myself in this game, just picked it up on sale, it was fun for a little while, I started by going to a high tech system so I could have access to good upgrades, then did some smuggling and space trucking with a hauler for a while, then fully outfitted a Viper for res farming and now I have a decent enough Type 6 and having multiple ships kind of didn't motivate me to move around in the galaxy. I just stayed around ed-td.space/fr/9/Système/idSys/5150/nSys/GD 219 and now I have 74 hours gametime according to steam and it just feels pointless to launch the game. It just makes me feel more lonely than I am, and that's quite a feat

I should probably just sell everything and outfit a Cobra or something to get where

there*

It's not just one theory, motion is purely relative in all generally accepted theories. Ever since Einstein published Relativity we're as sure as we can be that the speed of light is the only constant. Doesn't make for a very intuitive universe.

How does this image make you feel?
TEC Rebels > Loyalists

Agents of yesterday soon fellow captains!

if you want to join a player group you have to go looking, ingame the best way to find other players is to go to a community goal in open and see if anyone wants to wing up.

The devs really need to get proper world chat in there.

Why even live

Loyalists are shit.

After dusting off my PS2 and finally finish R&C3 10 after I bought it, I decided to do the PS3 era games… And fuck me the space parts in A Crack In Time is real comfy. Plug in the Pirate Radio and get them zionis while cruising in space… I'm not asking for anything more

Ratchet & Clank is so fucking good

Someone just end this nightmare

they sure are

kickstarter.com/projects/1964463742/the-mandate/posts/1615991

ABANDON SHIP

why can't they leave our shit alone?

Well fuck, Mandate shill won't like this.

I mean this isn't that bad right it's not like the others are across the world and cant speak english this time right?. I'm sure nothing bad will happen. And like I always say don't buy this game and wait until it's out.

THIS IS NOT THE NEWS I WANTED TO BE GREETED WITH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am also sure we are just over reacting.

The Mandate confirmed dead-on-arrival.

Oh boy, this isnt just a regular SJW. Look at that fucking nose

guess i'll drop an elite screen every now and then
these are all ones i've taken myself

You know about the high res screenshots?
hit alt-10 in solo.

yeah, i know. i don't usually like to post them because of size limitations, i don't like having to downgrade the quality too much to get it to fit.

pic related is saved on my pc as an image 108 MB in size. it looks gorgeous. This is a jpg the same dimensions but one hundredth the filesize, had to adjust the compression in PDN.

also fun note, this planet no longer exists in the game. I have a good number of screenshots before a giant update that altered the procgen algorithm they used to generate systems and celestial bodies. Hermitage is the system, you can still go there, but you won't find this planet anywhere anymore.>>9881800

You can't fool me, xenos.

incomprehensible didn't happen*

I just use gimp to convert straight from the raw bmp file to a jpg. You don't lose that much quality with a straight convert. Don't forget the more complex the image is the more data is used to save it. One of these is almost a 5mb jpg the other is 500kb.

Gorgeous pic btw.

Hey those Xenos are up to something a bunch of systems have had their permits locked up by Fdev so they're doing something. Someone just has to find the one specific spot on one specific planet to trip it off of course.

you got me, space marine
we spirited away a colossal gas giant so we could expand dong in the upper atmosphere
i mean just look at it
LOOK HOW SOFT AND TENDER AND PURPLE IT IS
JUST FUCKING LOOK AT IT OOOOOOHHHH FUCKING SHIT GOD YEAH FUUUUUCK

I think we replaced it with some barren rock that has no hope whatsoever of being anyone's waifu.

I have been playing ED with HTC Vive and x52 HOTAS setup. Also voice attack, I went all in guys. Flying my Cobra while listening some 80's sci-fi anime tracks.

youtube.com/watch?v=WmrJNBor0Q8

Also Cowboy Bebop.

It looks like someone's been using shit-propelled spacecraft

i always thought the reason i never saw bitmaps posted was because they're an ancient format with ridiculous filesizes that have gone the way of the typewriter

turns out hatechan just doesn't accept them

I know it.
YOU FILTHY XENOS SCUM PLAN TO REMOVE PLANETFU AND CLAIM IT ALL FOR YOURSELF!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

REMOVE XENOS!

That is literally the only reason to get VR.
I want it but I won't shell out that much money for this.

Brah

Yeah VR is missing some big game titles, but I really enjoy the tech demos. But most hours have been on ED. I have been onto vr from DK1 days. There is a lot of potential here, and to me, it was just the fun time I needed. Vive hit my wallet like a nuke, thankfully found x52 for only 20 bucks as used. I did not buy vive on a whim, tested it first on local school for more than 5 times and decided to buy it after that. Also now I can't enjoy ED without having it on VR. I can imagine it turning pile of shit like fallout 4 into fun game. Won't fix the story though.

Also, I got Omni on the way, which I am going to use with my Vive and play some s.t.a.l.k.e.r and shit.

my brother has all that shit and does exactly the same thing. i don't follow the developments of VR much, but he does, and getting the Vive over the Oculus was definitely a good fucking move. The oculus' development and current business decisions are getting worse and worse, especially since Fuckerberg bought it. Apparently while the vive is developed by valve, it's not even tied directly to steam like a lot of people think, it's just that there are a lot of steam stuff that's compatible with the vive because valve is behind it already. I was surprised to learn that the vive stands on its own, and if you don't want to use steam or anything valve with the vive itself you don't even need to.

after frontier gets off their asses and finally makes some player interaction content like multi pilot and stations and trades and whatnot they better get on adding thargoids and give large player groups something difficult to do.

Don't worry there are a couple of headsets coming out without any extra junk to push up the price and are gonna sell for about 300$ USD. One of those and a better graphics card will do the job for me.

Yeah man. My alarm started to ring after FB hit oculus. Did you know that the guy who died in car accident, was the one that opposed the deal. And died next day, weird shit bro.

Also… I can't stop using vive for porn.

I did not know that, but i'm not surprised whatsoever.

i don't want to get too Holla Forums here, but just consider this: jews high up have been using assassinations or "accidents" to silence people for a long time. scalia's death, the guy who was digging into ted cruz's dad, fucking joan rivers after the michelle obama comment, etc. The Oculus is a relatively new ground to be broken and it's something in the realm of media. jews always try to control everything and anything dealing with media (they haven't been extremely successful with games themselves, but you can quite obviously see the corruption in the "journalism"). So, put 2 and 2 together.

This doesn't shock me whatsoever.

Space is fucking awesome and I love the fact Einstein tried to disprove black holes because the idea terrified him.
To truly appreciate space without worrying about all the events that could destroy the earth you need to understand just how short human history is on an astronomical scale.

Seeing this is Holla Forums I guess I should also talk about a space game so KSP Realistic Progression Zero mod, get it.

It isn't hospitable to fleshbags but I would go given the chance provided there is a return trip.

user, where do you get all that money from?
Sounds rad.

I hope that's what they're working towards. The game barely feels like a Multiplayer game.

Yeah. I'm waiting for that.
I just want to play E:D with it anyway.

Does anyone know if there is a VR mod for Freespace 2 yet?

Sold 500 bucks worth of shit that has been collecting dust, and saved the rest. My computer was VR ready year before vive got released. I ain't rich, I am unemployed. But when you want something really bad, you get it. I am VR nut.

Also off topic but just found out about this and screamed like a little girl.
youtube.com/watch?v=-eB5690djVg

Hot damn. Makes me wish some crazy Japs make a really nice 4-player real-time RPG.
I especially like the backpack.

yeah no need to be mmorpg. 4 player co-op. Chill in vr tavern and adventure together.

Yup.
Once people figure shit out you could even have a Monster Hunter type of game, although a four player dungeon crawler would be a good first step.

So elite dangerous is on sale for 20 bucks is it worth it space anons?

Depends, you will at least get a few dozen hours out of the game if you enjoy space trucking, but that doesn't mean that you will not regret the purchase.

for 20 bucks, it's worth it. I spend more on a takeout dinner. even if you don't find it something to keep coming back to, it should keep you occupied for a couple dozen hours at least, trading, dogfighting, collecting credits, turning in bounties, working your way up from one ship to the next.

Well, I'll pass.

Oh, come on, user, it isn't all bad…

Bump

im so glad i managed to get a refund
biggest disappointment ever after spore
and star citizen

I guess im stuck playing X3:AP:LU forever

Ti be fair, there are worse games to be stuck with.

:^)

kek
But you know that I didn't mean it in that way.

i know
also checked

They are adding the Abrams Version of the Enterprise with the stupid 735meter length

{U.S.S. YORKTOWN - STO: Agents of Yesterday }
youtube.com/watch?v=ViuAE_Phtig

Fucking why?

Because…