Mega Man

Jonathan Perry
Jonathan Perry

Haven't heard any news since last year. Is this dead in the water?

Actually cautiously optimistic about this despite everything. The news drought is killing me!

All urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/nEUGN
vidlii.com/watch?v=vBXmUrjcGFy
gunjap.net/site/?p=250258
themmnetwork.com/blog/2018/3/23/mega-man-of-action-still-kicking-now-featuring-robot-masters

Jackson Rivera
Jackson Rivera

Is this really something that fills you with confidence about this show?

Hunter Flores
Hunter Flores

I've seen much worse. And honestly, I sort of like the hammy over-the-top nature of it.

But my point is that, in addition to a very basic synopsis, that clip is all we have to go off of, and it's not a lot. I want to see more so I can make a better judgment. The suspense is the worst thing about this.

Juan Williams
Juan Williams

So this is going to be in the same vein as that new Sonic cartoon?

Connor Stewart
Connor Stewart

Not really. Sonic Boom is more like an animated sitcom with action, whereas Mega Man is a "school-setting" type cartoon with action. They're both aimed at the same demographic, so unless Man of Action really fucks things up, there shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Nolan Torres
Nolan Torres

Last year was a big anniversary for tye character in Japan… I think. Osaka's branches of Mandarake were pushing the shit they had of him in display cases by the door, anyway (including the megadrive game for about 50,000 yen). Maybe this project was mooted for the anniversary but cancelled?

Adam Diaz
Adam Diaz

Is there any way in currentyear+2 with the state of animation that this could be decent? I mean Sonic Boom didn't blow me away but it's so much better than I would have imagined it to be. Also- did Crash Bandicoot or Spyro ever get cartoons? Were they too late for the make all games into cartoons trend?

Angel Sanchez
Angel Sanchez

I think Spyro and Crash were in a Skylanders cartoon, but otherwise I don't think they ever had one.

Noah Cooper
Noah Cooper

Skylanders
Oh god no

Lucas Barnes
Lucas Barnes

Dead. But can I interest you in the Mighty No. 9 comic book patreon, goy?

Joseph Gray
Joseph Gray

I googled and found a clip of the episode in question.

You have my deepest sympathies.

Angel Jackson
Angel Jackson

meganize me
it's mega time

Kayden Perez
Kayden Perez

archive.fo/nEUGN

Aimed at kids 6 to 11, as well as their parents who grew up loving the video games, the new Mega Man animated series will feature exciting new technologies and robots, as well as the introduction of Mega Man’s alter-ego, Aki Light. Aki is a normal, upbeat, schoolboy robot who has nano-core technology that allows him to transform into the mega powered super hero Mega Man! With his Mega Buster arm cannon and iconic helmet, Mega Man battles the wickedest villains Silicon City has to offer. Beloved characters, such as Mega Man’s robotic dog, Rush, will return – while new characters, like Mega Mini™ and Suna Light, will make their debut!

Nicholas Mitchell
Nicholas Mitchell

Crash only got a pitch reel made

Noah Foster
Noah Foster

The good Mega Man cartoon we deserve never got made due to meddling

Nicholas Rodriguez
Nicholas Rodriguez

I'd much rather have the Archie Mega Man comics come back tbh.

Leo Cruz
Leo Cruz

What were you wanting from a Megaman series?

Aiden Cruz
Aiden Cruz

The good Mega Man cartoon we deserve never got made due to meddling
Ruby Spear's Mega Man was a mess
Only good Megaman shows were the Battle Network anime and the Day of Sigma OVA
What would I give for a proper adaptation for Classic, X or Legends

Oliver Evans
Oliver Evans

tfw it was actually really fucking good, but got shitcanned right at the start of a new arc

Adrian Butler
Adrian Butler

There's always Casshern.

Ethan Bell
Ethan Bell

They didn't even get Yakko's voice actor.

Zachary Gutierrez
Zachary Gutierrez

Something like the Archie Comic. No double-life school bullshit, just fun adventures with little nods here and there to franchise-history and maybe an overarching theme of how robots and society affect one-another and the question of robot free will.

Nothing of what I've read fills me with confidence. Changing his name to "Aki" instead of Rock gives me the impression they might not know very much about Megaman as a series. And Mega Mini, just from the intro, sounds like he's gonna be like Captain N Megaman with a less scratchy voice.

Eli Rogers
Eli Rogers

Oh god make it stop

Parker Rivera
Parker Rivera

Dead
Source?

Ethan Morales
Ethan Morales

GIVE ME BACK M Y TRENDIES!!!!
GIVE ME BACK MY TRENDIES!!!!

Chase Jones
Chase Jones

Can we have a "cancelled before they even started" thread?

Logan Lopez
Logan Lopez

Is that supposed to be some sort of chibi Archie?

Daniel Foster
Daniel Foster

no, middle school archie show
Like little archie?

Jacob Diaz
Jacob Diaz

Oh that sounds mediocre.

Christian Ross
Christian Ross

Put up the archie comics again in a different vola room
volafile.org/r/HF33Go

Jaxon Evans
Jaxon Evans

Little Archie was actually awesome, but the show would probably have sucked

Chase King
Chase King

Any chance of a Protoman opera rock?

Levi Thompson
Levi Thompson

What a shame, i would watch

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (107.82 KB, 329x153)

Brandon Barnes
Brandon Barnes

Higher quality image.

I do quite like these designs.

Attached: its-archie-characters.jpeg (818.16 KB, 5040x2880)

Dominic Green
Dominic Green

dat pic
I would like to see that as a comic as it's own thing.

James Hughes
James Hughes

It's not that they don't know that's the problem, it's that they don't care. They don't respect the source material and seem to view it as a coat of paint to put on the show they actually want to make.

Camden Smith
Camden Smith

gunjap.net/site/?p=250258

Attached: Megaman-X-No.12-Part1.jpg (67.79 KB, 639x760)
Attached: Megaman-X-No.12-Part2.jpg (65.6 KB, 639x747)

Owen Foster
Owen Foster

It lives!

Attached: DY0WlRcWsAAkuh8.jpg (53.39 KB, 336x675)

Zachary Allen
Zachary Allen

themmnetwork.com/blog/2018/3/23/mega-man-of-action-still-kicking-now-featuring-robot-masters

Attached: megamandhx.jpg (345.85 KB, 959x281)

Wyatt King
Wyatt King

Sgt. Night

WHO THE FUCK

Grayson Miller
Grayson Miller

If it does I'm sincerely hoping they touch on transhumanity. We've had a big push in the way of the flesh and it's disgusting me how much Dionysian tape we've wrapped ourselves in.

James Walker
James Walker

I hope to God Sgt. Night is just a pawn or an alias for Wily, possibly something like Doctor Cossack from MM4.

Xavier Rivera
Xavier Rivera

It fucking better be. The man is so blatantly "Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain" that it would feel like an insult if they didn't.

Attached: Dr.-Wily.jpg (173.31 KB, 1200x1000)

Nathan Ortiz
Nathan Ortiz

It could work if, at the end of the first season, they capture Sgt. Night and it turns out he's just a robot, and makes some cryptic reference to Wily, and then self destructs. That I'd be ok with.

Camden Cooper
Camden Cooper

That actually sounds pretty fucking awesome! But I'll try not to get my hopes up.

Xavier Thomas
Xavier Thomas

Attached: HorrorDaveLand.png (86.9 KB, 185x249)

Zachary Lee
Zachary Lee

Don't know but that would be awesome.

Joshua Powell
Joshua Powell

Sorry, let me slow it down for you.

I hope they talk about not being a human.

I don't like the idea that being a human is all there is and want to explore the gender spectrum/spiritual spectrum/organic spectrum/emotional spectrum as a robot.

Jaxson Hill
Jaxson Hill

Attached: Stare-X.jpg (25.76 KB, 357x305)

Wyatt Young
Wyatt Young

Trannies feck off
alter ego
I would not suspect this is a good sign.

Oliver Watson
Oliver Watson

Attached: 389px-Moretms0.jpg (58.47 KB, 389x600)

Lincoln Hill
Lincoln Hill

I hate the word "spectrum" now.

Blake Russell
Blake Russell

But robots don't have emotions user, the only thing they have is their own programing and unless they came up with a way to set their own commands and wishes we couldn't see what they would actually do as living beings, so any fictional representations of such robots will only be an echo of humanity in the creators image. Until that time comes that an AI does that, if they can at all, then this is all we will get.

Kayden Clark
Kayden Clark

You could even argue that even if we get a robot self-aware, it won't mean much if it won't try and create its own commands and intiatives. We as humans are just animals with self-awareness and logic but robots are programmed with logic in mind at its core, yet there is no living part, no hydro-carbic part that produces will to do anything other than the commands given to them. Even if we could make one that knew everything, there is no guarantee that they would actually do anything of their own accord, to do that we would have to understand how humans and life as a whole works before reverse engineering that into robits or get really creative/lucky.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit