Touhou Netplay #7

Basically, we play videogames that may contain cute girls and danmaku.
Lately, we've been playing tons of AoE, so if you like RTS games you should stick around for some matches. Also, someone's working on a mod for UT2k4, and they already ran some test runs with it in the previous thread.

Phantasmagoria of Flower View:
DL: mediafire.com/download/3gia1bwpw2z39wy/PoFV Netplay Pack.zip
Info: hastebin.com/raw/uviwiyigex

Hisoutensoku + Scarlet Weather Rhapsody:
For a moveset list please refer to hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Touhou_Hisoutensoku_Wiki
DL: mediafire.com/download/ymrru5e0stydvst/Touhou 12.3 Hisoutensoku v1.10a eng patch v1.1a + 10.5 Hisouten v1.06a eng patch v1.1a + Sokuroll v1.3.rar
Info: hastebin.com/raw/xanohiyoga

Urban Legend in Limbo (jap v1.11, don't update it if you want to play online):
DL: mega.nz/#!e5wnCJzK!x0KleZvTbLLChtsOF4kd0nVX7ZbFr8a5LIEyf8Qj6mE
Info: hastebin.com/raw/nelihivihe

Meddlesome Magician 2:
Please refer to en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Daiundousai/Characters for info on how to play each character in Battle Royale.
DL: mega.nz/#!ldgVQR6K!PM3TblpfKqMoiV7QRK_4emj7gH-TzkknboLDDeILmig
Info: hastebin.com/raw/xusesadeda

Touhou Hack and Slash:
DL: mediafire.com/download/jqb59bgu2q7hb2w/Touhou Hack & Slash.7z
Info: hastebin.com/raw/megaruhipe

Touhou Diablo: Treasure Hunter G:
DL: mediafire.com/download/itva1ak20711od2/TD - THG.7z
Info: hastebin.com/raw/orixahuguw

Touhou Boushuen - Age of Ethanols (2.18 jap):
DL: wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/蟒酒宴+ 2.18.7z
We also have an optional english version, if you can't read moonrunes and want to learn what the menus say or if you want to play SP:
wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/Boushuen English version 1.01a.7z
Note that we only use the 2.18 japanese version for online play and this version is widely different in faction balance, it also lacks the Library faction.
Info: hastebin.com/raw/ebehuyacoq

We now also have an IRC channel on irc.rizon.net namely #2hu8ch which is mainly for tech support purposes and occasionally chatter for games that lack an in-game chat system like Treasure Hunter G or Meddlesome Magician.

Also, general discussion of touhou is allowed and encouraged, though the main focus is for organizing netplaying matches.

NO SECONDARIES ALLOWED

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!PspgXCrS!Vfny2VIWaw5ZdAy6_a-97i2LfskUUXCo-TcgVo7VnbA
whatismyip.com/
moddb.com/mods/killing-floor/addons/miasma-map-pack
www43.zippyshare.com/v/zjvgJM3G/file.html
www80.zippyshare.com/v/woPpw2nc/file.html
www20.zippyshare.com/v/vetOIuRg/file.html
miasma.org/index.php?topic=891.msg9487#msg9487
moddb.com/mods/killing-floor/downloads/killing-floor-252-zip-archive
moddb.com/mods/killing-floor/tutorials/kf-mod-custom-player
www119.zippyshare.com/v/85YALI8v/file.html
www72.zippyshare.com/v/7xi5urPF/file.html
mega.nz/#!mhBDgR7L!BW3Bn47M4vHCPm8Qsn2YdjmvxWBfeyYMEUgZweSv7wY
moriyashrine.weebly.com/official-touhou-games.html
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Vsync_Patches
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Running_in_Linux_and_Mac_OS_X#Using_VSync_patches_.28and_possibly_other_DLL-based_patches.29_on_Linux
my.mixtape.moe/cysofn.txt
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616333146
www59.zippyshare.com/v/GiJKnGPY/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Codemonkey sucks, where's hotwheels when you need him?

Video games.

Seems to be working fine for me

Unreal Touhoument version 2 is up. This time it includes the base game, the Killing Floor mod, a key and a key-switcher and some user.ini files to make controls work for KF and also so you can switch back to regular UT controls.

We also got rid of a file which caused the player, if he had installed the KF mod, to directly start KF without any option of playing UT. But with this version that issue is no more. Now the regular version of UT will always start up, but you can switch to, join and or host KF with no problem whatsoever.

Download: mega.nz/#!PspgXCrS!Vfny2VIWaw5ZdAy6_a-97i2LfskUUXCo-TcgVo7VnbA

There's a readme with some install info and there's also a key in there.

Well, this shit won't load the new uploader, and i'm not even in sys.8ch.net.

If I were to host some UT or KF, would anyone want to join?

It's friday night, we have to play something!

KF sounds good.

About hosting Unreal Tournament:
To host UT2004, first you will want to open ports 7777 and 28902 on your router. You might also have to turn off your firewall.

Run UT2004.exe and click on Host Game. Pick whatever mode/map you want and change settings as you like, when you reach the "Game Rules" tab activate "Advanced Options" near the bottom. After you are done you can make 2 choices to start the server, you either click "Listen" or "Dedicated" .

"Listen" will host the game while you're in the server, "Dedicated" will open up a console and host from there. In the past PCs were worse, some PCs couldn't play and host at the same time. Hence why there are 2 options, 1 which is extremely-lightweight and the other a bit heavier. Neither of these should pose an issue in modern times though. If you pick "Dedicated" keep the console window open and start UT2004.exe again.

If you're the host and you try to connect to your own server. You might have to connect to your LAN IP-adres instead of your external IP-adres.

To connect to a server, press the tilde button (~) to open up the console. In the console type ""open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7777" where the x's stand for the IP-adres and the 7777 for the port you opened. The host has to give the other players his IP-adres, if you don't know your IP-adres, just go to whatismyip.com/ and find out there. You can Ctrl+v the IP-adres into the console window. Don't bother typing it by hand.

And one extra thing, if you choose "Join Game" at the start screen of UT2004 and switch to the "favorites" tab. You can right-click the background and "Add to favorites" the IP of whoever and connect without bringing up the console.

Hosting some UT Killing Floor! 89.99.155.26:7777

Up again!

Up again with some more KF

Bump for the night.

bump

what region?

NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING

That's a really cute remilia!

Center Europe.

I might host again in a bit. Please get the additional map-pack for KF if you want to join soon: moddb.com/mods/killing-floor/addons/miasma-map-pack
The mod for KF only contains 4 maps. I kind of want to try out some additional ones.

Also, should I start with some UT or KF?

I say Killing Floor because despite being on the lower difficulties, we still got creamed

how do I start the killing floor mod with the unreal touhoument v2 download?

Are you talking about joining a server or hosting it yourself?

To play Killing Floor, you can just run the usual UT.2004.exe inside the System folder. From there you've got to click "Host Game" in the main menu and choose the Killing Floor mod.

Then pick a map and click listen, the game will now boot up. If you want to enter the main KF-menu, which is different from the regular UT-menu. You have to disconnect from the server.

If you're on this screen and you want to play UT again, you will have to restart the game.

Though I do have an idea about maybe forcing the game back to regular UT by connecting to a server which is running that. But I just thought of it and haven't tested if it works.

Oh, and one additional thing to note is that Manor is a piece of shit map that doesn't work because it needs a file that isn't in the Touhoument download. I fucked that up somehow, so blame me.

You can't run a Listen/Dedicated server using Manor because it just doesn't let you.

More loading screens!

Hosting some KF! 89.99.155.26:7777

After this I'm gonna switch to one of the maps from the map-pack, so make sure you've downloaded and installed it.

Up again, this time using a map from the new map-pack

Rehostan

I'm trying to join by putting open 89.99.155.26:7777 but it wont connect
do I have to have started a killing floor map first to be able to join?

also do I need to use the updater from the last thread to update the version that was posted in this thread?

We took a break. Sorry about that.

We started taking a break like 10 minutes ago. I'll probably host again in a bit of time though.

You don't need the updater from the last thread. If you want the all-in-one download get

Up with some more KF! Using another map from the map-pack.

89.99.155.26:7777

Trying out an awesome Doom map now

Doing some terrorist acts in an airport now

The airport is a pretty cool map.

But then a plane crashed and it became an awesome map.

Well shit, never though I'd actually say this but after some time putting the puzzle pieces together,

I've finally found a way of creating custom species for UT2K4!!

It took me a while, but how I got it working was opening another species file (For example, Lucy from Quake 3) and pretty much copying + pasting what was below 'defaultproperties' into the Touhou species file. There was another file I had to make called SoundGroups which as the name says pretty much acts as a voicepack but it replaces sounds for things like jumping, taking damage, and death.

Theres some leftover Unreal sounds (Its mostly for breathing underwater, gasping, and landing grunt) in the file but at the very least when you die, you will no longer get the default female scream, you instead get the classic sfx for when die in the Danmaku games! I also replaced the jump and dodge sounds with one of those royalty free sounds. To best describe the sfx, think Kirby or Super Mario Bros. but without actually ripping them!

Of course it'd probably be better if I made a webm preview to demonstrate it which I'll try to do tomorrow since its late here and when I tested them myself, they were very quiet.

I should add that while the sounds work like a charm, I still haven't figured out how to make them explode out of cards rather than giblets.

Its doable to create a separate gib group for only one specie, but getting the textures made and putting it together is complicated at the moment.

Its gonna be another one of those puzzles I have to solve.

Bump

Double bump

There's no need to bump so often. Fairies are still sleeping.

can you share next versions of unreal touhounament as mods without the need of downloading the whole game? anyone here owns the game anyway

Yes, I'll post a link of without the need of downloading the whole game if some already have it as soon as I make some finishing touches and creating a Touhou voicepack for the characters and announcer.

I have a feeling that if I were to join a game today with the modified files, it'll overwrite what I did.

ok tank you

this is a terrible idea

Well don't worry, I couldn't even get it working because there were so few effects.

Anyways, videos are still being encoded, previews should be up in a bit

And thats the set!

Gonna start hosting in a bit.

Time for some more KF/UT. It'd be nice if some more players showed up because we have a much higher chance of clearing the game with a bigger amount of players.

ANOTHER NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!!!

GRAB THE UPDATE HERE TO GET THE 2 NEWCOMERS AND FIXES FOR PROFILE TEXT NOT DISPLAYING WHEN YOU SELECT THEM IN OPTIONS!!

www43.zippyshare.com/v/zjvgJM3G/file.html

Hosting some KF! Starting off with a map from the map-pack posted earlier

IF THE MODELS DO NOT WORK, USE THIS LINK

www80.zippyshare.com/v/woPpw2nc/file.html

Rehostan!

Model-pack seems to still not work, but we can still play with the other Touhou chars!

Server is up again!

Well, that was fun.

Rehosting with a regular KF map

We've managed to get Remilia and Nitori working!

That face

Anyways, turns out the reason they weren't working was because I made a typo on one of the folder names (Animations, not Animation)

I cannot believe that a simple typo like that stopped them from popping up.

IGNORE THE PREVIOUS LINKS AND USE THIS ONE

www20.zippyshare.com/v/vetOIuRg/file.html

Bump

Hosting some MM2

186.95.157.173:10800

Fucking nipcode, rip MM2.

Hosting some Meddlesome Magician! 89.99.155.26:7777

Server down because no interest.

If you're in here and willing to play something, leave a post!

Darn, missed it. 7 minutes is a pretty short time to react. In that whole time I was reading an article.

I'll play if you host.

Going up again! 89.99.155.26:7777

still up?

also how the fuck do i type in 7777 when there are 5 number slots for the port?

We started the second you made that post. Rehosting.

Type 07777

Port number can be done near the bottom of the network page

Leave 0 for the numbers on the left. You can do the same for the IP if you don't copy from clipboard.

nvm figured it out

I would've liked to use Murasa during the matches but she didn't have enough HP

I was really feeling it in the races, I thought I got it in the bag…

Hosting some more UT kF.

We need some more teamwork to make this work

Also, rehosting!

That was a really close match!

One of these days, we will find a fix for perks to show up

I've been wondering, we usually host matches during the night-time of Europe. So if there are EU players who aren't around during that time, they would be missing those matches.

Is there anyone here who is online at this time who would like playing matches?

Anyone waiting for games right now? There doesn't seem to be anyone up at this time

I was at work. What do you want to play?

Hosting some Meddlesome Magician 2 fighting rounds. 89.99.155.26:7777

Rehosting

And again and again

Sharing needles with flan!

Welp, another crash. Meddlesome Magician 2 isn't being very cooperative today.

Bump

Found something related to perks not working in the mod version of KF

miasma.org/index.php?topic=891.msg9487#msg9487

Its weird considering that we're playing the game mode off of UT2004's executable and not KF's

bump

MM2 can't handle losing a player. A properly done game would pause, display which player is missing, and provide an option whether to rehost or continue with the lost player being replaced by an AI. This game just crashes.

Hosting some AoE+ 2.18! 89.99.155.26

Oops, forgot the port. 89.99.155.26:7777

Host dead

We figured out how to make Perks work and we've also solved what we were doing wrong. Turns out overwriting the files in the UT folder with the files in the KF mod was not the way to go.

We were supposed to drop the folder the mod was in into the UT folder. And then from inside that folder run Killing Floor .bat which would then start Killing Floor.

I think I'm gonna make another version of the Unreal Touhoument upload. It'll probably be done later today or tomorrow.

Hosting some Meddlesome Magician 2

186.95.157.173:10800

Rehosting

Fuck it. Hosting AoE2.18, same IP.

What version of the mod were you using? Where did you download it from?

Its still the same version from ModDB: moddb.com/mods/killing-floor/downloads/killing-floor-252-zip-archive

Except the KFmod folder stays in UT folder and not extracted.

I'm not sure if we're able to play with Touhou characters but there is this tutorial on having custom characters in KF: moddb.com/mods/killing-floor/tutorials/kf-mod-custom-player

I'll experiment later. But make sure that if you want perks on, you run from the batch file

Disregard that i suck cocks, had to change port:
186.95.157.173:7777

It wouldn't work with 10800 for some reason, nobody could connect.

Rehosting.

CHALLENGER APPROACHING!!!

ANOTHER CHALLENGER APPROACHES!!!

She was hard to put together.

Theres room for one more Touhou in Killing Floor, so I'm gonna put up a vote here!

Who would you like in?

Gonna go with Aya!

Soku, ULiL, and PoFV don't get much attention.

MM2 multiplayer is annoying and unplayable laggy. It's more fun in singleplayer. The AI is good at racing but bad at fighting. Since I like racing the most, it works for me.

AoE and Unreal Touhoument seem to be the most popular games.

Hack and Slash was fun, but it doesn't seem to have any replayability and the way leveling works makes it hard for players with different stats to play together.

I wish there were more pvp games of AoE. It seems hard to play against each other due to our skill differences. Playing with the AI is terrible. I've posted before about how broken and exploitable it is. It only works by cheating and getting free resources while building a nonsensical base and rallying units towards the enemy's TC.

While the votes are still open, I'll post the link to the next Touhou model pack! I've thrown in the upl files for Killing Floor so that they pop up.

Hope to play some matches with some anons this weekend! And with perks working, I can't wait to actually grind some zeds

www119.zippyshare.com/v/85YALI8v/file.html

I like playing PoFV though, it's fun!

Though I'd also like to play some more AoE and UT. Specifically trying UT again has made me want to try playing FPS games like I used to in the past. I think there's a rather large interest in UT considering that so many people joined to play matches last week. It's just that people rarely post in the thread so I have no idea if I should host or not.

I've been thinking the same thing. Combine that with my ability to port various models into UE2.5 (I've already made a few non-Touhou characters) and more gamemodes to choose from besides the usual DM or CTF deal, I think this will be a better idea.

Especially considering its American netcode and not Nip netcode where it crashes ala MM2

We are discussing limiting our usage of the IRC. It has siphoned a lot of discussion from the threads. This pattern keeps repeating itself.
Having a cabal discourages others from participating. It makes others feel excluded. One of the things that make anonymous imageboards work is that it's easy to jump in. That is currently at stake.

IGNORE PREVIOUS LINK

If you also haven't place your vote on which Touhou you want in, do so now

I redid the order of the select screen since I personally thought it was a mess. These characters are sorted by the games they appeared and the order in which you fight them in the Danmaku games

www72.zippyshare.com/v/7xi5urPF/file.html

Professor Layton is not included. (Although I could release some non-Touhou model sets if people want them which I call the Unreal goodie bag)

Pic related is what the screen will look like when you choose your character

Aya looks better.

yeah screw the irc

Missed out again for other reason. Will try again later.

Considering that there are many original games with Touhou skins and or Touhou mods, just like the Touhou models in UT, wouldn't we be able to find many more online games to play together?

I'd consider joining in UT/KF, but I lost track of the updates and skins we're using.

Oh yeah, I'm working on Unreal Touhoument version 3. Because we found what was causing perks to malfunction and I also wanted to add the new map-pack and models to the download.

When it's ready all you have to do is download it, extract it and set the CD-key. After that you can play right away.

Good morning fairies! Lets play some games!

If you can find them and we're able to play without DRM, then yes we would.

So far I recall Serious Sam having them (Not as many as UT and doesn't include Reimu and Marisa), Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, and Gmod. The games I mentioned require Steam and I'd rather not touch it

This is the latest update here

Since I'd rather wait for a new version of KF, I'm gonna host some compstomp.

AoE+ - 94.188.40.99:10800

I can join in a bit, I'm troubleshooting and testing UTv3 right now. It's almost finished, I'll start uploading it soon

o-ok, I guess I'll just try again later

Finally got custom splash screens working! I made this for Killing Floor.

If you've got better ideas or want changes, I'm all ears.

And here is the splash screen for regular Unreal

It would sure be nice if Mega stops interrupting my upload for no reason.

By splash screen, do you mean the loading-screen backgrounds? Maybe you could just add some images of Touhous with guns or something.

Nope, they appear when you click on the program exes.

The loading screens are something like pic related where the tips and map name are displayed

Version 3 is up, go get it if you want to play UT or KF with us. Also please tell me if something went wrong or if there's any kind of error. Make sure to read the Readme file for info.

mega.nz/#!mhBDgR7L!BW3Bn47M4vHCPm8Qsn2YdjmvxWBfeyYMEUgZweSv7wY

And now I really need some sleep, I think I'll drop by again in an hour or two. We need to play a couple matches, it's Friday night after all!

If we end up playing those kinds of games, would it really be a Touhou thread? I would suggest Xionic. It's a new arena shooter that's open source and moddable.

Sorry, I was too busy today. I'm ready to play. Blame the Brits.

Ordered a new mouse, it should be here in about a week. Then I can finally play RTS games without stupid things like accidentally double clicking all my workers or failing to build a wall.

WELL, TIME TO TRY THIS OUT

94.188.40.99:7777

Oh, and by that I mean that I'm hosting Killing Floor, so get in and let's play some vidya, friday night and all.

is the server closed?

We're still playing.

Even with perks on we keep dying!

Theres still 2 open slots

Wow, I think we got pretty close to killing him this time

Man, we just keep gettin dominated. At least we got far to fight Patriarch before he gunned us

it was a good run
the dosh door was opened at the perfect time tho lel

Just realized I skipped this part on the wiki

>These perks do not level.

Looks like there is no grinding like in the Tripwire games, you're stuck with what you got (And you can't pick some of them until you reach certain conditions)

Of course, that could be changed with a script modified and other things.

Next time when he's closing in, leave one person for him to aggro and have the rest get into cover. That way, if he shoots instead of doing a melee attack we don't wipe.

Oh and another thing

Unlike the Tripwire retail game, flamethrowers in the mod

ACTUALLY HURT YOU AND THOSE WHO GET TOO CLOSE TO FIRE, NOT JUST ZEDS

So I want to git gud in Touhou before I try it online, and I have a question. I currently try to beat 6, and I run it on Linux (playing this game in my bed on an old Thinkpad can be surprisingly comfy, until I lose all my lives and have to restart the whole game). It usually runs on 60 fps (a bit more, around 60.3), but sometimes it goes up to 120-130. And if I'm not mistaken, the animations are tied to the framerate, so when it happens the whole game becomes sanic-tier fast. Sometimes it only happens for just a few second, other times it goes on until I die.
So, is it because I run it on Linux, or there is something else here?

Are you using the vpatch?

I'm not sure what is that, I've downloaded it from here, if I remember correctly:
moriyashrine.weebly.com/official-touhou-games.html

And as you can see it's gone, so how can I find it out?

en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Vsync_Patches
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Running_in_Linux_and_Mac_OS_X#Using_VSync_patches_.28and_possibly_other_DLL-based_patches.29_on_Linux
This should help you. You can use this program to lock the FPS of the game.

Thanks. Then from now on I only have to deal with my slow reaction time.

Good morning, fairies!

Lets hope for some more games this weekend! Maybe we can finally win a match against Patriarch in KFmod

I think we need to change some of our strats. There's gotta be a better way to deal with him. We could probably still find a couple ways to optimize our load-outs and perk-usage. I'm gonna be using sharpshooter when I unlock that one because I read that it's pretty much the best until flesh pounds start ruining everything

We might have to since perks in the mod do not level up into gold. We're definitely gonna have to think of how to clean out the 8+ Fleshpounds and Sirens that game will throw at us later on while having enough ammo and health to fight Patriarch

Support Specialists deal with Scrakes and FPs and Sharpshooters deal with sirens and everything else.

The problem is, playing as a sharpshooter is hard since headshotting your targets at a distance is difficult.

Also, are you guys up for a game now? I-I can host if you're gonna join.

I'm ready.

I instantly think of that moment we had yesterday when we there were 4 or 5 flesh pounds clubbed together in the middle of a 2-way path. How the hell did all of us manage to pick a different way to go around them and also survive the encounter?! It was amazing!

I'll join if you host.

TOUHOUS WITH ZOMBIES - 94.188.40.99:7777

And for anyone who wants to join in, I finished and uploaded Unreal Touhoument v3 yesterday. You can get it here: mega.nz/#!mhBDgR7L!BW3Bn47M4vHCPm8Qsn2YdjmvxWBfeyYMEUgZweSv7wY

It contains everything you need to play with us.

Can't seem to join server

nvm

Sorry, had to reboot. Getinhere, we're gonna have FUN

One of the maps we went to had a black hole that keeps us safe from zeds. They can't even find or hurt us

I DON'T CARE IF ALL WE DID WAS SPAM LAWS IN A CHEAP MAP, WE KILLED PATRIARCH AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS

That was just plain dirty. But then again, the map was easy as hell, so whatever.

Just thought of somethin' and it may not apply to UT mods like Killing Floor.

Would it be possible for clients that don't have certain characters be downloaded like how in TF2 if you joined a server that required some files and you didn't have them, it would still download it for you?

We did it. Now we just have to do it on one of the non-shitty maps next time!

I'm gonna go get some sleep, I'm feeling really tired now. If I wake up in a couple hours, I might join or host something. That's only if I wake up in time though.

Goodnight

A few of you have come around the IRC and noted that it is dead(at least 3 so far). It isn't really dead, we just decided to use the board instead. We were concerned that the threads were too slow and that too much discussion was taking place on the IRC. Everyone is still around. We still intend to use it for games with no chat and such.

I finally finished downloading the UT mod, i'll see if i can join some matches later this afternoon.

Good morning again, Fairies!

I'm ready for some more Unreal action!

TWOHOO FLOOR - 94.188.40.99:7777

The Patriarch got outskilled by a fucking door in KF-Offices

Too bad one of us thought it'd be a good idea to open the door

geegee, nice matches, would play with you again

That was fun. Too bad the thing kept bugging up all the weapons, i couldn't even register like 50% of my shots and sometimes picking up weapons would just lock everything up.

bump

I'd like to play some AoE matches today as well!

AoE would be nice.

I can host, but I'd rather wait until more people appear. If you're up for some games, post here!

still gonna host if nobody appears, just a bit later

i'm kinda up for MM2

Better hope it doesn't crash in the middle of the game then

That game lags too much. AoE has workable netcode.

I'm here, just a bit late but ready to play some matches.

Sorry for taking so long!

AoE+ - 94.188.40.99:10800

We have 3 players. Anyone else joining?

Ooh, wait a moment

Oh nevermind, way too late

I keep typing but none of my messages are getting through.The speed is set correctly but the lag is slowing it down. The lag is intense.

We are doing 1v1 plus a spectator. We're still early in the game so it might take a while.

I think the game may be filtering my messages because I am a spectator. Shouldn't it give me a warning at least?

There's no way to get into your base but there's also no way to get out. Doing this, you effectively give up the entire rest of the map to your opponent. You are stuck with a shrine, an alcohol pile, and some magic. Your opponent can contain you while having free rein over the whole map, being able to harvest whatever resources necessary without having to worry about raids. Breweries cost magic and are slower than alcohol piles until late game.

You have a much bigger army than your opponent and that's been true for a while now. If you attack, you would probably win. Instead you are sitting in your base not even scouting letting your opponent boom.

It's sad to watch. You have the game in the bag and you're letting it slip away.

Put those reds in a tower. There's no reason to let them hug the wall.

That would have been a great time for a master spark. How come you never made a Marisa or a Suika?

That's because I'm so used to turtling the AI and then winning with bullrushing. I told you guys already, I've never played any RTS aside from this one and it's the first time I've played this 1v1.

I can't into micro.

See above.

I told you it would be a bad idea.

You played just fine. Had you just sent say one red unit to your opponents base, you would have realized that you could have won. There were so many undefended workers across the map that you could have destroyed had you just bothered to look. If you had only been less turtlish, you would have been up to par with your opponent. This is another reason to not play the AI, it gives you bad habits.

Fucks sakes

You had a bigger army than i had. All you had to do was doubleclick a red or green to get them into position, a Marisa wouldn't have been a bad idea either and i probably should have used Remilia instead of glasscannon™ for the diversion armyfight, the point of that battle wasn't even to directly attack you but to distract you from the 6+ red books i was sneaking from the south of your main base.

Still, that wasn't entirely bad, you had many more units than i had at the same time and had comparable score to me until i razed your secondary base. I probably should have attacked sooner too but you were prepared.

You've razed my secondary base as soon as I've built it and I should've probably got those doublebarriers online ASAP after you've destroyed them. Oh well.

They had no regular units to support them, the workers there could have killed them.

Will there be another game? Someone wanted to play.

You should have expanded directly to your south, i din't scout there at all because you had put double walls+tower at that section of your base, thinking it wouldn't get destroyed that quickly i suppose, and it had some uncontested resources.

Anyways i'm gonna sit it out until my net unfucks itself, it's getting even worse now.

They did, in fact, but since I'm so slow at micro they got my base and a couple of my circles. If they had at least SOME units to support me, it would have completely fucking wrecked me since all my army was destroyed after fighting in the open for my secondary, completely unwalled base.

They eventually did, but i had already taken the toll on his base by destroying his main TC, breweries and some circles. The big distraction was to prevent him from seeing them and responding accordingly, although sending some blues there wouldn't have been bad at all.

to support the charge*

also, I'm gonna sit it out on AoE+ today
post here if you wanna do KF or UT2k4

Practice with control groups, having separate coloured units on different control groups to micro them correctly helps a ton in fights, and grouping heroes on different control groups each let you have their abilities by just selecting that group. You can also control group circles for ease of production.

We should probably keep track of what maps we visited in KF.

So far I recall

The default maps
KF-Gothic
KF-HouseontheHill
KF-Airport
Whatever that one had us on plane wings
Whatever that one had us in a very small and narrow map
Whatever that one had us in a Egypt cube that we spammed LAWs
KF-Dai

Probably missing others but thats what I remember

You could have retreated to your base, although it would have only delayed the inevitable.

One good way to get better at micro is to think of all the tasks you have to do in a list and keep going over it. Think of it as a loop where you have to check your base, scouts, and army.

I find UT2k4 invasion more fun, but ether one is fine, since I can only play for one or two games anyway.

My control groups are usually
1 - Main base, 2 - School, 3 - School/2nd base/Earlygame defsquad, 4/5/6 - Red/Green/Blue circles

I reassign 1/2/3 in the lategame for attack squads, so as you can see I can't exactly do by-color squads earlygame

The problem is, I'm really not used to scouting mid-game and earlygame since AI does things the same every time. Same applies to every aspect of VS play as opposed to compstomp.

I'm gonna wait for a third, then - doing KF in 2 is just not fun while UT2k4 is good at 4 players or more.

Adding to this, the config lets you have a dedicated shortcut for each of your unique units. There's also shortcuts for buildings, upgrades, spellcards, and unit stances. It's useful to get to know them.

I'm in.

meant to say

I'm in

Waiting patiently as well

TOUHOU FLOOR - 94.188.40.99:7777

Trying to get in.

Why do japs have the best setups? I could probably do 10 times better with just this if i could read moonrunes, goddamnit.

I usually don't control group the main base because you can just press H to select it, other RTS games also have it that H defaults to your homebase/main town center for that matter too.

I put 9, 8 and 7 for each type of circle and juggle from 1 to 6 for infantry/book/hero groups, often shifting, assimilating or separating some however the battle requires me to deal with something. Shift+doubleclick is also great to add reinforcements to a group in the middle of a fight since you don't have to do a square and add the wrong type of unit to that group or click every unit.

I keep trying to join, and it keeps making me download things, go on without me…

What is it making you download? aRe you using UTv3?

Yes but this one , and not that one . Downloading the correct one, but it will take a while…

Wait its the same link…. Yeah, I don't know what happened.

My lore is outdated. What is the relationship between Koisi & Kokoro and Futo & Nue?

I'll do a translation.

I'm beginning to wonder if LAW actually does shit against Patriarch since I move slow and runs 2fast or kills me with his chaingun before I find cover

Thanks for hosting! We got pretty far today!

and upper cuts.

I could've sworn I removed PC-98 Reimu and Marisa from the select screen in the newest update

amazing

I'm not sure if it has explosive protection, it probably does since the big ones with the chainsaws can survive multiple grenades yet they're mincemeat to shotguns but i could be wrong.

Eitherway, i think the best way to take it down is to spam rockets or hunter shotshells when on a corner then switch to knife and run fast if it comes near, berserk(shotgun) and support(law) probably are the best choices as well as a commando to check it's health and a medic to keep everyone alive during the gaunlet of that wave until he arrives.

Probably did, I was moving things around like a mad man.

Here's some tips for when we'll try Patty next time -

1) Do not fight him in open spaces. He'll bullrush you, melee and after eating a hunting blast he'll just gun us all down. That's what happened at least 3 times. Instead, run to those tight hallways. Even if you can't see shit, there's not enough space for us to miss with the LAW.
2) If he rushes you and you can't use hunting on him, fucking drop everything, pull out a knife and RUN. He can't catch up to you if you will and the rest of the team can shoot him. Worst case scenario, you'll lure him outside the range of him gunning your teamates down while getting killed, best case scenario, Patty eats many rockets and shotgun blasts and flees. Same applies after when you stun him with hunting since he's likely to just start shooting right afterwards. That's how we just died.
3) Hunting is only good up close. If you don't want to risk everything by getting into close range and you ran outta rockets, pack a default shotty instead. Assuming you're not going Sharpshooter or, god forbid, Commando.

If you don't want to risk everything by getting into close range and you think that you'll run outta rockets*

Japanese is funny. I confused 遠投 with 速投.

Done. It took a bit longer than expected. my.mixtape.moe/cysofn.txt
Should this be put in the OP?

I'm not quite sure if the 1-6 list is correct. It's written strangely. Most else is easy.

So I downloaded 2hu 15 and holy shit how the hell am I supposed to get past clownpiece jesus fuck there's like eleventy billion things on the screen and i can only keep track of the moon and the beam walls and now there's stars jesus god why i've been here an hour I thought easy mode was supposed to be such a cakewalk it was patronizing am i really that bad at video games holy shit someone help

Is this how most people start with 2hu?

Well Touhou is one of those type of games like Ninja Gaiden where it may seem too hard at first but all it requires is practice.

Don't feel bad about it.

As for most people starting with 2hu, I can't speak for all of them but I started out on the classic Windows era games (EoSD for instance).

It's probably like that for most people that start with 15. Especially if you're playing point device mode. You might want to try an earlier game to start with like 7 or 8 instead. They're better entry points and while they're still difficult I think they'll ease you into the bullshit a lot better.
Clownpiece even gives good players trouble sometimes so getting stuck on her isn't much to be ashamed of.
Playing easy mode on the other hand…

Easy in TH15 is relatively hard. TH15 in general is gimmicky, so try to learn the patterns.

That's how it was for me.

Does anyone here play this?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616333146

We don't like to play games with DRM here.

Ignoring that its ASSFAGGOTS, I don't like that theres no way of downloading it without having to use Steam. I would've like to see what the models looked like

You sure like models.

Tried looking at some videos on Youtube but few of them actually bother showing one of the girls on the select screen or at a different angle thats not bird's eye view.

Indeed I do, I hope thats not a problem.

I'd do some modeling myself but I'm too lazy to actually do it

Nice quints

You should.

Nothing too special, Most of the models are from mmd or sky arena. Some of them are custom made like reimu, but she doesn't look to great.

Good morning/day/evening/night, fairies. Let's play some more videogames!

pls reply if you're up to KF/UT2k4/MM2/AoE+ or any of that stuff, I don't wanna host if nobody's gonna join

still up for MM2
i know it lags like fuck but is fun otherwise
also i suck cocks

I'm up for some games as well

Well shit, if its got all the girls from that game, then hell yes, thats good for me!

O-Oh…

Yeah I'm up for some KF.

Guess I'll host some KF and MM2 afterwards.

TOUHOUS WITH DOSH - 94.188.40.99:7777

Oh shit, that was fun. Now let's get some UT going

Impressive, very nice.

Lets hopefully stick with UT2k4, thats the real deal there and hey, shooting zeds and dying all the time may seem boring!

Quake 3 chat was more fun then the death match.

I don't think i'll ever have a reaction image that describes how far my sides are gone.

Fuck i missed playing UT, what happened to the serv though?

I might have to sit out of this match, I keep getting Blue Screens of Death

Server is still up!

Are you using UTv3?

No, I've been using the one I had on my Steam but I don't think thats the reason I keep getting BSOD. It was never this bad, it never crashed during our previous games (I keep getting a display driver failure)

I'm stuck on safe mode until I can fix it

maybe we should have played some ctf
at least the host advantage is slightly lesser there, and is more fun that deathmatch that gets old quick

then* deathmatch

god fucking dammit

MM2 - 94.188.40.99:10800

I still want more KF.

Its worse than I thought

My screen, regardless of whether safe mode is enabled or not, is so distorted even on startup.

I don't know what I did but I won't be able to play

Sounds like your graphics card is fried.

Update your graphics drivers?

One more, get in here

I'm willing to bet it is that because taking out one of the external hard drives does nothing to change the screen

Doesn't help that its nVidia

Thanks for the matches! I'm going to get some sleep now so cya guys later.

holy shit, good game

Goddamnit i could of had that match. GGs.

AI got bullied.

It's a new day and a new opportunity to play some videogames together!

I just hope that we'll be able to kill the Patriarch this time.

please reply once you faggots are up, as usual

I'm here, but won't be able to play until later on, got work to do.

I'm up and ready whenever

I can't join in, I still haven't found a fix for the glitchy screen or BSOD loops on startup

NEVER MIND, MY SCREEN IS NO LONGER GLITCHY OR SUFFERING FROM BSODS!

Turns out my card isn't fried, I just had to remove one of the old faulty drivers and put a new one in.

Thanks JewVidia.

TOOHOO FLOOR - 94.188.40.99:7777

Get in and let's play videogames.

Now then, since my gear is finally working, I'll upload another file. The custom splash screens for when you click the exes and wait for the game to load

UNLIKE THE PREVIOUS ITEMS I HAVE RELEASED, THEY ARE OPTIONAL AND WILL NOT STOP YOU FROM PLAYING!

Forgot link: www59.zippyshare.com/v/GiJKnGPY/file.html

JUST AS I WAS ABOUT TO JOIN THE GAME, IT CRASHED AND FROZE

AND NOW I'M BACK TO THE GLITCHY SCREEN

FUCK

Yeah, think I'll wait till more people appear.

maybe you could try an other rendering driver.
The opengl one works alot better

>want to play MM2

JUST

If someone can host we could play some matches, i would host but it always ends up crashing due to my connection being unstable.

i hope that's possible soon, gonna make sure to keep my guard up now.

step 1: go to the system folder on the KF folder
step 2: open KFMod20.ini on notepad
step 3: change this
[Engine.Engine]RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice;RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

to this

[Engine.Engine];RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice;RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDeviceRenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

You know what? Fuck you, let's do it.

fuck, it crashed right before the battle royale
which is the best part in my opinion
goddamnit

holy shit, well done

rehostan

I don't even know what to do anymore. I tried rolling back to an old version of the card, it BSODs. Tried a notebook version of card, BSOD. Sweeped away some of the old card data and reinstalled some of the cards, green lines and BSOD still present.

Looking around, I can maybe say it is a card problem because one of the sys files points to an nvidia related problem.

I don't know if my card is truly dead…

Turn your PC off, remove the graphics card and then turn it on again. I doubt that it's a software related problem.

gg
wish we could do more battle royale matches like this, i like battle royale.

same, the no lag plays were glorious and AIs are actually hard on full FPS

welp, wonder what now.
if there's gonna be another MM2 game today, i'm mostly in for the battle royale

noticed it's pretty fucking quiet in here now, if anyone also wants to play i'm still up for more MM2

Sorry, had to leave for a bit.

gonna host KF after this, hopefully people will join

shit, can you rehost? i just lost internet connection and got disconnected, my bad.

fugg
rehostan

I hope you're rehosting, also can you enable same character selection? It's the second option.

Man that last game was close. All those fakeouts and stuff. Good game.

PoFV is fucking broken.

We're rehosting, if anyone missed it come join now.

crashed again, the fuck

rip

if you're up for KF, pls reply, otherwise I'm out for today

I'm up for some KF.

i'd be up for some KF
*"i would right now if unreal touhoument v3 didn't weight gigabytes, did user include the entire fucking game with it again?**

kill me

it's a no bullshit download that includes UT2k4 and KFmod and that user can't into patches

anyhow, KF - 94.188.40.99:7777

pls join and all that

holy shit, those 6-player games
they were fucking perfect up to the point where the Patty comes in
great games, see you guys tomorrow

those were some fun games
we got so fucking far

Well it looks like I'll have to find a new card since theres nothing I can do about the fix so until then, I'll be using my craptop to play.

I'm afraid UT2004 is gonna kill my craptop

I'm literally running a pentium 4 on integrated graphics to play KF, i don't think a laptop would have much of a problem as long as you put all setting on low or off and if you keep it ventilated.

See you guys next thread.

I might not be able to play tomorrow since my desktop is out of commission and despite having the game inside my portable harddrive, it ain't working due to 'CD Key Invalid, reinstall' error

Did you use the key-switcher on your laptop? The CD-key goes into your registry, so even if you have the game on an external HD, if the PC/laptop you're attempting to play on doesn't have the CD-key in the registry, you won't be able to play.