SNIPER ELITE 4

Do they keep it in WW2 so they can keep reusing assets? Where the fuck is my Sniper Elite during the Cold War? I wanna be black ops in the jungles of Nam, shooting people in the Soviet Union on some secret mission. I WANT MY 'SAVE/KILL JFK' MISSION!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_invasion_of_Italy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do people like this? I played 2 and 3 and found it pretty meh.

Google jfk reloaded. You're welcome

To be honest the Sniper Elite games aren't much to write home about. The story is non-existent (seriously I barely remember what happens in the plot besides Nazi scientists and secret weapons), the MC is stale as fuck and any attempt to care about characters fails. You're just playing to literally snipe nuts off people and see the cool x-ray.

I just want an italian empire game, is it so much to ask?

But OP, if you're not killing ebil nahzees, how will you remember the six gorillion?

Inb4 assassinate Mussolini DLC

Fuck Nazis. I wanna shoot commies and gooks.

I think the biggest issue the series has is the constant hand holding along with limited buttons due to gamepad.

For all of it's 'realism' options, the game is still extremely game-y. Minimap that revals objectives and enemies, that red dot to aim at (can thankfully be disabled on high difficulties but doesn't change anything other than having to "guess" where the first shot lands, then shoot all following bullets relative to the first bullet), natural canyon hallways with enemies patrolling in straight lines.

I wish it would adopt a more Hitman 1 or 2 style. Dropping the player into a sandbox, open world. Telling you this target needs to die, here are some tools, make it happen.

Furthermore drop the story for now, the last game with the giant nazi tank was just dumb, uninteresting and not even a good boss battle.
Focus on gameplay, then we can talk about stringing the story along. Sorta like Hitman did. It was very loose on the story elements and they were told between levels. Of course Hitman 2 changed a lot of that but they got the game play down first.

Then again it's
and I foresee nothing but DLC missions,

when do we get Sniper Elite - Best Korea?

He was heading for the Swiss border with one of his mistresses but they made him stop for gas.

Why live?

Yeah I agree. One of Elite's biggest problems is just everything feels so limited. The maps feel much too confined especially in 3. The stealth elements of the series are just god damn horrible, I don't know why they bother having it in if it doesn't work most of the time. I always feel limitex in ways to tackle objectives in the game. It says you must plan things out and try to escape unseen but 80% of the time all missions are ending with you shooting your way out.

If I'm gonna be completely honest, I highly suspect the hallways are because of console users.

Look at Overwatch. Despite the massive amount of praise it gets, very few talks about actual map design. The maps are often three ways into the objective. Main route, one upper smaller route and one route below. Then comes the combat arena in a single big area, which then divide itself into three paths again towards the next objective.

Sniper Elite falls in this trap very much so as well. Hallway, combat arena, hallway, combat arena and so on.

And as you said, shooting your way through the level works extremely well which in my mind goes against the stealth approach, but it mostly because the patrol AI is garbage.

Take FEAR AI, when it notices a patrol is empty, they become more aware and try taking alternative routes.
Sniper Elite they are just "alarmed" for a while, then goes back to the original patrol after a while, despite how many you have killed.

It is the small things like these that holds a game back.

Don't forget that for a 'stealth' game it forces you into combat alot. Especially with fucking tanks, I seriously thought the tank fights were retarded or boring as hell since there's really only two ways of tackling it.

Its a fucking sniper game not a k-drama you nu-gamer

I just hope the levels are more open and bigger with a bigger focus on weapon customization and impoved enemy AI. The games themselves aren't anything to write home about but they are still solid Stealth games and will scratch that itch.

They're low budget games if I had to guess.

why not just do it just like gta 3 did
just call it sniper elite 3: ITALLIA
and then sniper elite 3: GERMANIA or whatever and keep it like that till you change the formula from ww2 to vetnaim war

I'm ok with this. I love slo-mo sniping, and the co-op is a jolly good time.

i always love putting a challenge for me and my buddy so one can only use the binoculars for spotting and one use only sniper to snipe

Our main rule was that we had to turn off the red windage/falloff marker they added in 3, and we had to stealth each level at least 90%, preferably 100%.

Gameplay WebM.

Nazi Zombie Army was pretty good if you played it on the hardest difficulty.

I like the difficulty settings because they actually don't just beef up the numbers or enemies or their health. Instead they make the way shooting ways harder, maybe more realistic. I wouldn't know about the last point because I never fired a sniper rifle but it tries to be more realistic at least

To be fair, it'd be pretty easy to set up scenarios in Arma games to do that.

In co-op on one of the levels of Sniper Elite 3, we got on a tower and shot at the absolute farthest visible enemy on the map that was waaaay out of normal range.

At that range, it was actually useful for me to be a spotter for his shooting. He'd fire, and I'd say if it was too high/low/left/right.

He couldn't quite manage to get the guy, so we swapped. I managed to hit him in the arm on my first try, but I don't think I managed to kill him with follow up shots. I think we swapped back and he got the kill.

I just wish Sniper Elite focused more on you being stealth operative guy who does espionage and shit instead of funneling you in these areas where you have to be spotted at some point and then the game turns to be a shooting duck gallery

unless Sniper Elite 3 did that better than v2, because I haven't played 3.

SE3 has a system where if you are spotted then you relocate to somewhere else on the map so they lose track of you can you can go back to stealth sniping.

There's enough generators to break in each map though that it's not hard for 100% of your shots to be masked, thus you are never discovered if you time your shots right and get headshots.

Espionage would be good to add though.

please tell me this is easymode or something

Nope, more killing of naughty goys! It'll be 60 shekels for the game, thank you.

SE3 has the same thing, but you can turn it off in the options. It's for the casuals.

Oh, and yeah the difficulty settings affect drop and wind, so I always play on hardest difficulty.

that was always in the game if you pressed the "empty lungs" button it'll show you a pointer where the bullet will fall off. i dont remember wind being a factor and you can disable the pointer thing

The game does have wind on higher difficulty.

oh really? i should enable that the next time im trying to shoot more nazis

Yeah basically you just make sure you go into the customize difficulty options and crank all that shit to max, and disable the easymodo red diamond indicator. Good times.

So which is the best Sniper Elite to pirate and play?

I'd say 3 mostly, but there are some fun missions in V2. They gave V2 away for free years ago, you missed out.

3 has a bunch of DLC levels you'll want to make sure you get too, especially if you like shooting Hitler.

Did you not get Sniper Elite v2 when it was up for free?

Jesus.

I get that there are plenty of situations where that could happen considering both were allies but still

Why are you guys bitching about SE4 like it'd change and talking about a story in a game that doesn't even need one Holla Forums goes "oh boohoo too many games focus on story", you just choose your favorite setting and buy that one. Hopefully they'll make 3 free before release like they did 2.

This fucking casual bullshit.

3 because Africa is colorful and not a place you see in WW2 but there's a lot of DLC.

Italian army is the worst army in Europe so maybe this is a certain part of the game and that's a bigass German weapon so it's going to be tended by Germans.

3. The levels there are much more open and you have more options as to where you want to shoot from and stuff

Italy surrendered like 15 minutes after the allies landed on the mainland.

Source please.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_invasion_of_Italy

Who doesn't?

Also wheres the modern day Sniper games? I'd prefer shooting dunecoons. The whole "WW2 ebil nazi" thing is really gay now

You can turn it off.
I used it for a while but after I unlocked the Carcano which had amazing muzzle velocity I never needed to use the drop meter because it dropped so little, I pulled off 700+ shots easily with it.

You can turn it off, sperg.

Bosnia, wouldn't mind sniping some kebab civilians around Sarajevo

What was the difference between the Bosnian War and Croatian War, Croatia wanting to secede is the same as Bosnia wanting to and they happen at the same time.

Sniper Ghost Warrior 1 & 2 exist, with 3 coming out later this year. I still have no idea how that game was successful enough to get two sequels, but it exists.

And it's still casual as fuck and in turn makes more casuals.