Zelda BotW timeline

What is the consensus on where the new Zelda fits in the timeline? I know there isn't quite enough info to have a definite answer, especially since the E3 demo purposefully had towns and NPCs removed to avoid story spoilers.

Pic related has me thinking it's a sequel to Wind Waker. The "Ancient Sea" referring to the sea in Wind Waker. Not sure exactly how the sea got drained. I've read that the Koroks (who appear in BotW) hoped to one day drain the great sea. Not sure if/where exactly this is said in Wind Waker.

Other urls found in this thread:

zeldawiki.org/Hero's_Spirit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Koroks didn't want to drain the sea. They just wanted to spread the forest everywhere.

How would they do that with the sea everywhere though?

A better question is why is everything a physics puzzle now

The sea clearly isn't everywhere, though, considering new Hyrule.

The timeline was a mistake.

so all the rumors were bogus, right?

I suppose you think that 'official' timeline is proof, even though that one doesn't even make sense either.

Physics are fun

Also it was probably excessive in the demo since the physics are new and they wanted to showcase them.

I understand the games weren't originally made with a timeline in mind, and that the timeline was thrown together after the fact, but I'd assume since they have an "official" timeline now they would want the new one to fit in somewhere.

Im pretty sure they also wanted to plant the trees to soak up the ocean and spread the land.

I think the great deku tree says that at one point in the game.

And since there is fucking rock salt which comes from oceans, and the in the screenshot is says the ANCIENT OCEAN FOR FUCKS SAKE on the surface.

Its scientifically obvious that the great ocean indeed was drained and the koroks being present in the game shows that this game IS the sequel to WW

Link washed up on the shore of an ocean in Links awakening.

But that would mean this is old Hyrule, and if that's the case, why would anyone give a fuck about it? There's a Hyrule 2.0 already. Let Ganon have his dead kingdom.

I'm hoping for a post-Twilight Princess game just because it'd be late into the timeline and Ganon seems to no be very well known. Also WW is too finite ending compared to the other 3d Zelda's with their "Demise's curse" that a sequel set in old Hyrule again would ruin it.

Koroks could just be in it to be tree spirits just as the Zoras change inexplicably from game to game. Also we see that the Master Sword is in the Sacred grove and not Ganondorf's forehead.

Ancient sea could be referencing Lanayru desert's past in SS

This tbh though.

Also ever notice how most people seem to include their own bias of which game is their favorite when speculating on a new games placement?

Thats an entirely different game with a different setting you dope.

The fuck if i know why anyone gives a fuck about it. I know that the koroks did their job and ganon is infact back. I dont know about any hyrule 2.0, this game takes place under the ancient sea so i guess the other hyrule dosent really matter.

so is fucking windwaker.

What if it's the Sand Sea from SS

The koroks never said anything about spreading land or getting rid of the sea. They just wanted to keep spreading trees because for some reason the Deku Tree would otherwise die.

What are you trying to tell me user? Look at OPs pic, look at the koroks in game, its undeniable truth that this game takes place the the soaked up great ocean from windwaker far into the future of the game.

Because they're tasteless faggots.

Who the fuck cares? Zelda timeline is shit anyway. This one isn't even close to being out yet and we don't know anything about the story. Speculating about this is fucking cancer and Game Theory tier cancer.
Kill yourself.

for me i think to scenarios
1: he is the hero, who start the last descedent hero, in other words this game happens between ocarina of time (link fails) and a link to the past, so in the end of the game link would seal ganon in the sacred (dark) world.

2: this the last game on the links fail time line (after zelda 2) if im not mistake, the last time in that timeline the master sword was used was in a link between worlds, so that means there is the games links awakening, oracle of season, zelda1 and zelda 2, without the master sword thats why you have a rust master sword in the title

the koroks in windwaker were transformed versions of the kokiri from OoT.
their form means literally nothing.

so you're claiming that is is DEFINITELY an area from a different game setting because it is and also claiming it CANT EVER BE another game and setting because… what?

___fun____

It's a far distant future of the WW timeline.

It's probably the last one in whatever timeline it follows and after a really, but really long time too, since the motherfucking sacred and everlasting throught eras Master Sword is all eroded and fucked up, it's even in the logo.

Even if Zelda 2 didn't exist that wouldn't make sense because Link in Zelda 1 is like 12 or 13 this Link is clearly much older.

I remember the Oracle games having the Master Sword after a secret or linked playthrough.
And Oracles and Awakening happen right after Link to the Past, it's even the same Link in all of them.

before hyrule got flooded aparrently
since after wind waker, toon link and tetra get to another continent.
which could also implied that the statue we see in Wind Waker's hyrule castle is of BotW Link, not OOT link

I don't get why people think this, from ALttP onward it's very clear there was some rudimentary timeline until SS and the HH solidified it. OOT is very clearly a prequel to ALttP, WW is a direct sequel to OOT according to it's opening movie and so is TP if you figured in the Adult/Child split.

It can't be a sequel to WW since Spirit Tracks is the sequel and only 100 years passed between those two games without any serious repercussions. Plus the Sheikah are basically extinct in the Wind Waker/Adult Timeline. Its most likely set after TP and Four Swords Adventure in the Child Timeline or sometime after Skyward Sword or in the Downfall Timeline. Personally I would put it sometime after Skyward Sword, as the Calamity Ganon might probably be the first manifestation of Demise's fury which then went on to be reborn as Ganon. One might ask why the Koroks are around in a pre-WW time, but its possible that the Koroks existed before the Kokiri and were transformed into the Kokiri children by their father/deity the Deku Tree during OoT to serve as company for the baby Link to feel at home in. By the WW time the Deku Tree likely devolved them back into Koroks since their flight ability would be more useful to their survival in the Great Sea. The Temple of Time's presence might hint at this taking place after OoT, but its possible the temple was built shortly after SS and was then rebuilt sometime before OoT.

But a simpler but less interesting possibility is that this takes place after Spirit Tracks. Also the fact that the Sheikah are shown to not only be strong in mysticism but technology as well may hint that they were the ancient race that built the Ancient Robots from Skyward Sword. Also notice that the Timeshift Stones which they mine and refine have the Sheikah emblem on them. Further hinting that the Ancient Robots were the creations of the Sheikah.

Also the Ancient Sea mentioned in that pic might be a reference to the Lanayru Sand Sea back when it was a prosperous ocean.

Hmm but the Link in WW was not connected to the hero's bloodline he was just a cool dude. This Link could have been the one who never saved Hyrule when Ganon attacked which resulted in the flood.

Good catch

This was my second guess

what if its a standalone game

Zelda 2 starts on that Link's 16th birthday

He still had the Spirit of the Hero even if he wasn't related to the bloodline, though. Half the Links aren't even related to each other, they just possess the same spirit via reincarnation

Oh, excuse me, it wasnt the koroks. It was the great deku tree Screen capped off of youtube

You put up a great point about the koroks user. All i am trying to say is that BotW is a sequel to windwaker while using the koroks and OP's picture as proof. The game could have taken place before WW due to the fact when the koroks evoked into their forms but as long as there was apparently an ancient sea the fact still remains that BotW is the fucking sequel to WW.

How many more times do i need to tell you you brink fucking wall of an user.

Here's a non-TL;DR version of my post…

This likely takes place sometime after Skyward Sword and the ancient sea mentioned in the pic may be the Lanayru Sand Sea back when it was a sea.

I know but that was years after Zelda1 in which he was younger.

*brick

They were actually made with a timeline in mind. The difference is; the guy in charge at the time, Miyamoto. didn't concerned himself with it outside of vague things like "A Link to the Past happens before Zelda 1/2." and Ocarina happens before ALttP. There was no complication because it was pretty straight forward.

Then comes in aounuma with Wind Waker. By that point the split timeline was already a thing. The problem was he didn't concern himself with any of the games outside of Ocarina and Majora.

Which is why the overall timeline is the way it is. Up until we got the official thing everyone already knew Ocarina split into the child and adult timeline. It was placing the other games that proved to be an issue.

Calling it now, Link will find the master sword in its fucked up form halfway through the game, then have to go on a tedious fetch quest to get the 2/3/7 random nonsense items that can fix it. The sword will then be magically-fixed by the items he fetched, or by someone who can use them to do so, and it will become the main weapon for the rest of the game if not replace all other weapons.

First lesson in predicting things with Nintendo: If an idea sounds cool and thematically-relevant, it's sitting in a trash can somewhere, after getting shoved out of the way for stupid shit they've done already a thousand times.

oh and BotW takes place directly where the ancient sea was.

This tbh fam.

kinda impossible since a link between worlds is the direct sequel to a link to the past, but i understand.

but the game still can be the "zelda3" or the firts zelda in the failure time line. but yeah if we use the master sword as a tip it also can be the WW time line since PH and ST the master sword was not present, and gannon was sealed for a long time

What rumors?

You gay

Yes.

Anyone got the leaked picture? For research.

so the only basis of your point is that there was an ocean.
well… windwaker ISN'T THE ONLY ZELDA GAME WITH AN OCEAN

Have some Audrey too

I was talking about the user "leaking" the game.

he means child bearing hips right?

He's polygon, he never seen a /fit/ man in his life and thus have to equate it with women.

Nope, A Link between worlds doesn't happen immediately after A Link to the Past.

La and the oracle games feature the same exact Link from ALttP. He leaves to "train" when the oracle games happen, kills ganon. and then LA happens on his way back.

A Link between worlds is like a few generations after that. The only confusing thing about it is that they say Ganon was sealed instead of just being dead. So either he was "reborn" in between events or they made an error.

it was bogus

Okay, so I'll try to list all the signs pointing towards where the game is located in the timeline.

First off, it is very likely that the game takes place very far into the future, judging by the rusted Master Sword, loads of ruins and the general state of Hyrule that we've seen from the demos. Anyway, here's the evidence alluding towards its placement.

Adult / Wind Waker timeline:

Child / Twilight Princess timeline:

Hero's death / Zelda 1 timeline:
>Link is put into slumber after Zelda 1, which makes it possible for this to be the same Link or not because of Zelda 2

See

No way! Oh man it all makes sense now…

Likely, but I like to think that since this game seems to focus on using a variety of different temporary weapons, the Master Sword will be either a super crappy, unbreakable but low damaging weapon or an unusable key item until the very last section or boss of the game.

It's not impossible, it's literally what it is.
In the start of the Oracle games, the triforce present Link with a new quest after defeating Ganon, the games happen.
After both games end, link sails on a boat, then in the start of Awakening, his ship gets wrecked, the game happens.

Between Worlds, has the next Link, in a not so distant future.

He doesn't leave to train, the triforce teleports him to the other lands in order to stop Twinrova from reviving Ganon. He doesn't seem to return to his home since Zelda and Impa traveled to those lands and weren't with him when he left.
I like to think that this Link was so hungry for adventure that even after 3 quests he still searched for more in distant lands.

what if it's just a videogame that happens to be very similar to other videogames

are you kinding me? even thought they call ALTTP2 in japan the fuck.
but now that i think about it the BotW being the first game in this timeline kinda makes sense because:
1: temple of time ruins resembles very much with the OoT version.
2: zelda was shiek
3:all tecnology including the chamber that links wake up have the shiek emblem on them.

so link lost to ganon but before got killed zelda saves him and put him into the chamber, and so link awakes xx years in the future. that would also explain how the hero bloodline survived in that time line despise link being defeated by ganondorf.

ok im calling it BotW link is OoT adult link

Read the whole post you retard

BotW is likely right after Skyward Sword, maybe 100 or 200 years after it but before Minish Cap.

What if it's the end result of all timelines and is an attempt and merging them together for future games

So the Calamity Ganon is the bridge between all timelines created by the union of all three timeline Ganons. His destruction will bring about the complete merger of all timelines.

I'm not seeing it, but it would be nifty I guess.

i dont think so. is there any reason why demise would reincarnet as a pig instead of a human?

That still doesn't mean it isn't rusted and shit from age. Hell, the big quest in the game could very well be to restore the old and withered sword back to its peak. In any of the other games where you upgraded/restored the sword, it was either a straight upgrade to the base blade that appears in every other game, or it was merely restoring its magical power. Never has the Master Sword shown signs of physical deterioration in any other game, promotional material or otherwise.

Or, you know, it's just the end result of Ganon in general

I know in the book they said that all the timelines are vaguely connected, but it feels like they just made that up out of nowhere.

I find the continuity between the series is extremely tenuous. With only a few games directly connecting.

He got his shit smacked so hard that the only thing he could take over was a pig?

I read the whole TL:DR post, it just said "sometime after Skyward Sword" which is basically anywhere in the timeline.
it was just a jest, chill bro

What if Link goes in a slumber again at the end of this game, so this game happens in between Zelda 1 and 2?

That could only happen if Hyrule Warriors is canon and this game is the aftermatch of that. (I haven't finished it yet to know if it's actually possible)

Maybe his fury incarnated returned as a bodiless spirit and possessed a boar or maybe some demons tend to naturally resemble animals like Batreaux.

This?

Bingo was his name-o.

Thanks.

The guy is some SJW who tries to argue how good censorship is. They censored pelvic bones in SMTXFE, and people referred to it as vagina bones because of a meme. The problem was that these SJW retards really thought that people were seriously calling it vagina bones and tried to talk about how anyone who does not support censorship is some virgin and how games need to be censored.

Koroks appear in the game, which pretty much confirms it's post Wind Waker. It would be cool to finally get something set beyond the NES games.

I'm quoting Link's Awakening'a manual about the "train" part. Oracle games do show the triforce teleporting him, but in the end he still returns by boat. Where LA takes place.

You can't really argue that ALBW features the same Link because there are a few people who confirm in game that it's been well over 100 years.

But here's a bit of trivial for you. It's a popular theory that the old man who makes you do those street pass battles is actually the ALttP Link. Which if that's true, extends the connection even more with Zelda II.

I think they called it ALttP2 cause the world and gameplay are basically the same. Still confusing as hell though.

Would've been nice if it had been.

Or this prediction here
Waiting to see if it comes true

But why is he admiring Link's vagina bones if he thinks they need to be removed from videogames?

It is supposed to be a jab at people against censorship, but he is too retarded to realize it was a meme in the first place. So now you have people who try to make a meme for pelvic bones into a meme about how people against censorship are virgin and how censorship is good. SO you have a meme turned into a meme b retards who never knew it was a meme.

Ya have to ask?

kinda dumb, but i can see it happen

the problem i have with this is:
he reincanates as pig, but then turns into human, bu then turn again into a pig, and stay as a pig.
this doesnt feel right at all. the reaon ganondorf becomes ganon is because he use the tri force. later he stays a ganon because he is always with the triforce activated. thats fine. but demise reincarnates as pig for then become a human, for then, when he uses the triforce becomes a pig again. feels kinda floaty

ALBW is definetly not the same Link. He goes to Zelda and they talk about how the previous Link saved that land in old legends.

The old man thing is new to me and it's nice.
He was a mysterious old fellow with all that gossip about him in the game.

But WW isn't in the NES timeline and as I said before, the Koroks may have been the original form of the Kokiri before they became human-like. But yes, having something set after the NES games would be nice.

Maybe Calamity Ganon just looks piggish by coincidence? Who knows. Maybe when he obtained the triforce in OoT it awakened his past life memories and he decided to adopt his old pig form, but again, who knows and anything is likely at this point.

Ganondorf isn't literally Demise reincarnated, though.

Why is Ganon a pig though?

Out of every animal in the animal kingdom to express his rage with he uses a fucking pig?

Indeed. He was just his fury/rage incarnated.

IT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE. If he likes Link's bagina bones then he doesn't have a problem with their presence in a game (I don't understand why they would ever have been removed from SMT in the first place), and by acknowledging that he has them at all he's admitting that he knows that vagina bones aren't a reference to the vagina anyway.

javalis are quick to anger?
so it was a pig or an ox

It was much better before SS when the pig form was representing his greed.

It wasn't his choice, the original description for Pig Ganon was that he was turned into that form after getting the Triforce, which changed his body into a pig based on his thieving and greedy nature, but then OoT changed that so it was the Triforce of Power and not the full Triforce

He is just trying to make a jab at anti-censorship people. You have a lot of people who think nintenod can do no wrong and try to argue how great censorship is or talk about how censorship is bad but the people against it are worse.

all gaming journos are spastic faggots and he's just typing in all caps for no particular reason because the relatively tame levels of adrenaline one gets from playing a new game at E3 is too much for him to handle.

Link = Wolf
Ganon = Pig
Zelda = ???

What animal would Zelda turn into due to the triforce?!?? Would she just turn into A gigantic raging cumslut? or what?

A crane?

probably a fairy my man
or an owl, like kaepora gaebora

What are the chances this game has 0 memes?

Probably pretty low right?

I'd like to think Nintendo is a bit more strict with what those shitters can put in their console games than their handhelds but I don't know anymore.

A raven.

Link was a rabbit, not a wolf. The Twilight Realm isn't the Dark Realm

It already has one

How do people know how to translate these already?

Were these symbols used in another Zelda?

I don't mind having memes in Hylian because I can't even read that shit without going out of my way to translate it.
Though, I guess it's still objectively worse since now it's harder to find out what that shit ACTUALLY says.

Yes, it's Hylian, and it always translates the same.

I'd imagine it's just a process of elimination, if you check the symbols they do match up correctly as the picture says

Do Japanese people even know about that meme?

Welp.

Maybe there's still hope for no actively visible memes.

I agree that Nintendo has never given two fucks on continuity. Any resemblance of it has been an afterthought.

For example, they do a new Zelda game for the DS, Phantom Hourglass. Wind Waker aesthetics are the best for it because of HW limitations. How does this game fits in the big story? It's obviously the sequel for WW, despite it has little to nothing to do with the events presented there.

Oh, and Spirit Tracks is a sequel to Phantom Hourglass, but now there's no sea, there's a continent with its own story that came out of nowhere because fuck you.

I am iwatas ghost and i know the plot.
After link is sent back after OoT ganon come back and starts breaking shit. Zelda develops mad shiekah tech to fight him but its no use. The only option is to clone the hero of time. The only problem is that it will take 100 years to properly reconstruct his body from just a few cells. Zelda seals off the resurrection chamber and and waits for the day the hero returns. Link awakes 100 years later to find hyrule got its shit wrecked.
He tries to use the master sword but being a clone he lacks the true spirit of the hero and he must go to 7 dungeons and an optional 100 shrines to get the elders spirit orbs to regain the spirit amd ultimately the power to defeat ganon and save hyrule.

user. Its probably the same exact shit with different Links.
Now tell me what is Zelda? Why does she wear the mask?

Maybe the reason why the master sword is in a different location is because another incarnation of link already moved it.

Her concept art for ALTTP showed a fox-looking thing but nothing specific

and no nigger, they're not the same

Make sense. Not the first time that happened.

Also not the first time two Links meet

Lotta loyalty for a fired up fan

A Link was a rabbit, one that was such a pussy he needed to get the Master Sword tempered and powered up to defeat Ganon. TP Link is a courageous, manly hero who wrestles gorons.

ALTTP Link didn't let a cat boss him around.

TP Link already had the Triforce of Courage with him, ALTTP Link was just some random guy

they are the same
in some point in ALTTP they call the dark world the sacred realm.
midna says twilight realm is called the dark world because of the twilight sky and dark clouds that blocked the light.
people who are dragged in those realm lost their human form.

Some kinda bird like her father's reborn self Gaepora.

Midna never calls it the Dark World, and the Dark World in ALTTP is a corrupted version of the Sacred Realm which returns to its normal form at the end of the game. They're separate

this.
Happened in other Zelda games with the four sword and master sword

a man called Sheik

It has to be the Wind Waker timeline– because the Master Sword is never used again after ALLTP and there's very little evidence for it being in the Child Timline (Although Ganon had already mutated into a demon pig monster by FSA)

But then again the Master Sword was in Ganondorf's head at the end of WW, not a pedestal like in the trailer

Unless…

…maybe this????

Or maybe when the water receded they took the sword out and placed it somewhere else and Ganon's spirit came out and whoops everything is fucked.

midna says people call the twilight realm the dark world and that pisses her off because the twilight world its pretty chill once you get used,
and you said yourself, Dark World in ALTTP is a corrupted version of the Sacred Realm.
so both worlds are the same, the difference is that in ALTTP the sacred realm was corrupted thanks to ganon whish, while in TLP the sacred realm was being dominated by the midnas race (the old wizzards who try to control the triforce with the few shadows)

its used in a link between worlds that is some generations away from the ALTTP

I wanna know what happened to OoT/Majora Link.

B-b-but….

I have an idea that it might be in the "Hero Dies" timeline after OOT. Link dies in OOT. The Sheikah jump in and grab his dead body. They keep it in a chamber hidden from everything. It seems like what could happen as this Link wakes up in the "Shrine Of Resurrection". There is also the twin peaks from the art of Zelda 1. So it might be placed after Zelda 2 where Link stops the return of Ganon.

What if it takes place super far in the future? It's why there is that whole "lost tech" thing going on.

Skyward Sword already had ruins of a lost ancient technological society, and that game is the earliest in the timeline.

Question: why would a new Link be born if the old one was still kicking around?

Because his time as the hero is up?

THEY LIED

you're retarded

Should I just get Skyrim and GTA? That's the kind of vibes this Zelda gives me, and I do like open world games.

sure thing fam

If you're being serious user and not trolling Zelda isn't like either series, even this installment. Breath of the Wild is more like Zelda 1 mixed with Gmod if anything

that's not even a good analogy for what you're arguing

you're construing that they're both the same area solely because they have "realm" in the title, despite both being different areas with no connection to each other. The Sacred Realm was corrupted into the Dark World by Ganon, the Twilight Realm was created to imprison the dark Interlopers who were attempting to use dark magic to get the Triforce, and are hinted to be the Sheikah by the Fused Shadows and Zant's throne

I'm not trolling or trying to bait. I love Zelda.

It's just so radically different, I'm a little lost for words. I watched a little of the E3 gameplay and just saw the massive, massive world and immediately thought, "GTA" even though it's a fantasy game.

I can see the comparison to Zelda I as well, maybe if given the hardware power in the 80s. Nintendo would have made Zelda like this with the first game.

Just fuck, Nintendo, you have Link climbing up mountains and just doing whatever. I sense an extreme amount of non-linear gameplay too.

Just hard to take in, really. And I'm mad that I'm not gonna spend cash on a console I'll barely touch besides this game and Smash.

in ALTTP tthey say when ganon had his whised granted somehow he was sealed into the sacred realm so that only the sacred realm and not the whole world would fall under him, so yeah both worlds even have the same backstory used for different people.
is the same world in different timelines, or what, you gonna say that the TLP hyurle and ALTTP hyurle are not the same hyurle because they belong to different timelines?

They aren't the same. The dark interlopers wanted the triforce why would the gods banish them to the same place where the triforce is kept?

You can't climb the mountain in skyrim

Where? Hit me up with the exact quote in TP where that happens
Twilight Realm has a bloom ambience
The Dark World changed people based on their soul, the Twilight Realm changed people based on shadow and lack of light
No, it being the Sacred Realm and not the Twilight Realm makes it a completely different world

Better solution, webm related

OF COURSE YOU CAN

It could very well be after Spirit Tracks or after Zelda 2, but the after Zelda 2 timeline makes more sense, it explains why the Master sword is so rusty since in that timeline it was supposed to be sealed away forever.
It could also explain the advanced civilization with things like the sheikah tablet, because in that timeline the triforce was being used by the king of Hyrule, and after being split at the end of Zelda 2 is completely reunited so maybe they used the triforce power and the Sheikah's knowledge to build all that stuff. Or maybe after Zelda 2 the kingdom somehow fell to some dark forces (maybe ganon followers that wanted to resurrect him, again) and the Sheikah took the triforce and built all that stuff but somehow Ganon (or at least his spirit) was resurrected anyway. I still don't understand why Link is in the Shrine Of Resurrection, maybe here they split the triforce again and the courage was in Link's body so they sealed him off.

Reminder that there is only one link this could be,
the original picori hero from before Minish Cap

Isn't it rather autistic to speculate about where this game is going to be in the timeline before we know more about it?

Holy shit, maybe

Although Minish Cap is before OOT and the ruins of the Temple of Time are clearly visible

Odds are Nintendo will confirm it's timeline placement before the game is out, and we've been given enough info to make reasonable speculation.

why would nintendo retcon their own official timeline?

God forbid we get a little excited and want to speculate about video games.

Are the Spirit tracks and WW/PH links different from each other? Or are they both the same link?

Worth considering that all of Hyrule is in ruins in Zelda 1

WW and PH are the same, Spirit Tracks is not. I don't even think he's descended from WW Link and Tetra, although ST Zelda is

Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass have the same Link.

Spirit Tracks features a new one.

Maybe they carved his stone body into a pedestal and that just really pissed him off.

He grew up, became part of the Hyrule guard, presumably raised a family, then died regretting he never passed on his sword techniques to someone. That regret then incarnated into the spirit in your pic.

Link doesn't start with a green cap in TP, either. Nor in Wind Waker. Nor in a lot of games released after MM. It's likely you can acquire the traditional hero garb in BotW.

Did someone say that at some point during a stream? Where did you get that information.

Genuinely curious.

I don't think they actually removed any NPCs or towns from the Plateau, because Aonuma stated that's a sacred and isolate area of Hyrule. All the towns are in other areas, but you couldn't access those in the E3 build

They repeatead that a lot, especially in the second day, like they repeated that the pop up messages that appears when you get an item is a one time thing only (like you pick an item for the first time and an info window like in the op pops up, after that it's just small messages on the right). It seemed to me like they were "pressured" by higher ups to repeat this kind of thing to reassure everyone and avoid incomprehensions.
Master baiters and general mememaster like to ignore that though.

God forbid people discuss video games on a video game board.

Then im pretty sure BotW takes place after PH and before ST. It also makes sense according to the timeline. The game possibly takes place at the Era of hyrules rebirth. The old man also mentions Hyrule beginning at the Pleatu like and him was on.

Perhaps there are different incarnations of the temple of time. I don't remember those defender machines in OoT either

True, and if the green cap is not part of this garb then it all but confirms we're the picori hero.
maybe the big twist is that everyone's a fucking picori and the calamity of Ganon releases giants(humans) upon the world

I ALREADY KNOW MORE THAN ENOUGH ABOUT IT YOU DUMB LITTLE SHITSTAIN.

It can't take place between PH and ST because

1) The master sword is still under the sea then
2) Link has been sleeping in his weird alien cryopod for 100 years in BotW, and ST is 100 years after PH

Based on both what we know, have seen, learned about and possibilities, I get the feeling that the endgoal is to allow Lunk to actually build his own little makeshift home with all he ever needs and enjoy the bounty of nature (and any enemies he murders) whilst saving the world.

Just imagine it, Holla Forums:

This game is looking to possibly be the comfiest Zelda game, if not one of the most comfy gaems of all time if it plays its cards right.

I don't think you'll be able to build a log cabin but the rest seems nice

But building a log cabin would require crafting, and so far we've only seen cooking. But the campfire has an option to sit right next to it, so the rest may be in the final game.

fucking comfyfags I swear

Nomad or bust

lol

What are you autistic?
Go outside and do that you faggot nerd.

But people will bully.

Maybe Hyrule has something like manga in their world and Link can get even comfy-ier by reading some comics and shit.

I've seen some baseless theories in my day, but this one is pretty bad.

Breath will be a direct sequel to none of the games. It starts a whole new timeline.

I think you will but I don't see it having the same kind of effects like the other outfits.

This time travel shit just fries my brain.

You think you know what you're talking about when you dont got shit to back you up?

Watch me be right user. When Nintendo releases the new timeline and its exactly where i predicted it to be. Proving me right and you a fucking idiot.

Watch me be right about it all. And you will eat those shitty little words of yours and i will laugh and the computer screen like the autistic loser i am.

:^)
At least its not kingdom hearts

Ancient sea does not necessarily mean the great ocean. Zelda races are used indiscriminately regardless of placement of the timeline.

You seriously want to undo the great ending to WW?

Whats wrong with the ending in Wind Waker?

The Bridge of Eldin is there, so it has some relation to Twilight Princess Hyrule, and Wind Waker already has a direct sequel in Spirit Tracks that moves them into the future and onto a new landmass.

There is also the Ocarina of Time Temple instead of the Twilight style temple, so this may be another mashup.

What's bad about that?

peace*

the entire story was bad, and having the ending just be "make your own Hyrule instead of focusing on the old one" which then them calling the new land "New Hyrule" defeats the purpose of it

PH and ST aren't "the ending" of WW. They're sequels made after the fact.

It's obviously not a direct sequel. The main thing is that Spirit Tracks takes place some time after WW, approx 3 generations or so, and if it was, then there should be spirit 'tracks' in BOTW. Nothing there makes me think that this is FAR ahead of the WW story, and that this isn't simply in the near future. Keep in mind that Old Hyrule was leagues below the sea, so it would take forever for the draining to take place, however there was probably volcanic activity because there are peaks high enough for snow. So this would be thousands of years forward if natural processes were due.

Or hell, it could be that this is a literal sequel to WW and that the Gods decide to unflood Hyrule, Link and Tetra went exploran, and shit went south

(but they forgot ganon was dead and there is supposed to be spirit tracks in that case.)
(Keep in mind that there was the master sword in Spirit Tracks and this game, and they are supposedly near each other in the timeline)

It's TP timeline, man.

DID ANY OF YOU NIGGERS EVEN PLAY WIND WAKER

The game ends with the king using the triforce to flood Hyrule completely and for good telling Link and Tetra to go find their own new home free from the sins of the old one. It's literally about the cycle ending why the fuck would they go back on that?

While it didn't have the most it did have a lot of allusions to the Shekah in that regard and had rediscovering the past artifacts as a part of the story.

Remember Holla Forums.
Ganondorf ALWAYS revives no matter what.
What happens when he is revived and the Master Sword is still underwater?
Link gets fucked.
Who did you deal with in PH?
Not Ganon.
Who did you deal with in ST?
Not Ganon.
Who is probably due for a return in the timeline?
Ganon.
Here's what I think,

Because it's Nintendo. As said, they already went back on the "It won't be Hyrule, it will be YOUR kingdom" thing in WW's ending.

The goddesses are probably a bit petty and Hyrule's their chosen land after all, enough they flooded the whole damned world to keep Ganondorf from winning. Probably they unflooded shit regardless of Daphnes's wishes since Ganondorf is "permanently" gone

Ehhh those things don't really exclude post-Spirit Tracks as a possibility given we saw essentially nothing of Hyrule in Wind Waker. yfw Ganon's Tower in Wind Waker was an annexed Temple of Time and his head's the new pedestal

I actually had a theory that was a pretty big stretch. Some user from forever ago presented the idea that Link and Zelda are supposed to symbolize aryans due to the blue eyes and blonde hair, meanwhile Ganondorf and the Gerudo people represent the foreign middle eastern hordes, what with them being sandniggers and all. The thought I had for pig ganon was a thought of making a jab at the pig being sacred in islam. The use of islamic symbols and music (especially the fire temple's original music with the chanting) in original ocarina of time leads me to believe this isn't too much of a longshot even more.

That's an alternate dimension tho.

The pig is not sacred in Islam. It's not like Hinduism where they refuse to eat cows because they worship them. Muslims just hate pigs.

Aryans never had blond hair or blue eyes– those are Nordics who are an Aryan group

Pigs aren't sacred in Islam, they're considered vile filth

The fire temple is goron not gerudo– although it is true that the original gerudo symbol was a crescent

In short the only people who believe this are people who write for salon and the most "redpilled" of Holla Forumsacks

That explains their hatred for Americans.

ah yeah, that's it. My mistake. They're making fun of Islam by having ganon take on the form of a pig then.

I thought that was a alternate time, not an alternate dimension.

Except in A Link to the Past it's specifically stated that the greed in Ganon's heart is what caused him to turn into a vile piglike creature when he touched the Triforce

Go play minecraft or skyrim you faggot. That shits autistic as fuck.

I thought it was the reason Link wasn't there to save the day in Wind Waker? He was trapped in Termina.

Someone has to post the timeline chart again, this shit is confusing.

He wasn't trapped in Termina, the Hero's Shade in TP proves he got back to Hyrule

In fact, the Wind Waker timeline is the "adult" timeline where link gets sent back in time by zelda and doesn't exist in that timeline anymore

also its for his greed, not rage.

Termina and WW happen in different timelines. In OoT, at the end, Zelda sends Link back to the past to live his childhood. This creates two timelines. There's the one that extends from the future in OoT, where Ganondorf took over Hyrule for seven years before getting defeated by Link and sealed in the Sacred Realm by the seven sages. This is the timeline that leads into WW. Link couldn't save the day because he was sent back to the past, which created another timeline where he warns of Ganondorf's plot. That timeline leads into MM.

Skyward Sword is at the beginning of the games, and the desert temple found within the game includes elements of time travel, and it is outright said that the desert used to be a ocean/beach/thriving island.
Are you talking about something else?
Also, due to how the Lost Woods works, I doubt Link was trapped in Termina for any longer than we saw in MM, and I also doubt he died in the Lost Woods or something. Maybe he pissed off the gods? They're pretty petty, as they completely wiped out that one tribe in MM
He was a significant and huge historical figure for Hyrule, because almost every game save for a few mention a "great hero" which is him.
Doubt the goddesses would keep him somewhere or kill him off, they're pretty petty as said
>inb4 goddesses grow attracted to shota link and they zap him to heaven to take turns eternally fucking him.
>they forget they have fucking duties like keeping ganondorf in his cage like a good little dog
>they flood hyrule because they want to get back to fucking again and they're pretty lazy
>the Hero's Spirit isn't reborn because they want to keep him as a fuccboi

The hero's spirit isn't reborn because there is no hero's spirit in that timeline. He got sent off to the past aka the new timeline by Zelda right after beating Ganondorf. Have you not been paying attention?

Then why was he reborn in Wind Waker?

There is that Fierce Deity's mask, maybe being a potential threat to them is a big no-no or something

The Hero of the Winds did not have the hero's spirit. He was just some random kid who was determined as fuck. This is canon.

Going by the Historia he wasn't, Wind Waker's Link isn't related to any previous Link whatsoever and he's just some guy who has bigger cajones than the actual Links given he did everything without divine help before assembling the Triforce of Courage himself. Makes Ganondorf's remark of "Hero of Time reborn" more to do with respect than anything else if you take that into account.

Leaves open the possibility as well that Wind Waker Link starts his own lineage of heroes, be it through a new spirit or literal descendants, both of which are possibilities given the kid that looks and dresses identically to him in Spirit Tracks and who's even living with Link's old friend Niko.

You realize all the Links aren't related right

Only Zelda has direct ancestry to SS Zelda

The Spirit of the Hero still carries over, it doesn't have to be passed through lineage

As the others said, he wasn't. WW Link is a new guy that just happens to look like all the other Links.

That's not what they're saying. Every Link, with the exception of those from WW onwards in its timeline, is a reincarnation of the Hero's Spirit.

It's actually implied that the old man is the Link from alttp, due to using the exact same items, and fully upgraded sword, when you fight him.

They're related by virtue of the Hero's Spirit, ie literally being the same guy up until Wind Waker's Link

Genetic ancestry for them as well would probably just be a happy coincidence more than anything

That doesn't require blood relation

You figure out the rest.

Again, neither of them said it did.

But that's not what happened, as shown by the Historia. Link got out of the Lost Woods, grew up, and had a family. TP Link is his descendant. The Hero's Shade is not a stalfos, it's the incarnation of OoT Link's regret of not passing on his sword techniques to a successor.

Whatever you believe kiddo.

The Hero's Shade has (somewhat transparent) flesh, bud. It ain't a stalfos.

Speak of the Hero's Shade: I hope we are able to get his armor in BotW, without all the cracks and plants.

Also the Heroes shade is the skeleton of an adult not a child so Link would have had to grow up to become the Hero's Shade.

It's canon that OOT/MM Link didn't die in the Lost Woods

zeldawiki.org/Hero's_Spirit

Oh shit really? Show me the comparison please!

Birdchest armor is pretty great if this is the case I just hope we can avoid putting on the ghastly helmet.

Specifically stated to become Stalfos not Stalchildren. Cry all you want, its magic.

The Hero's spirit could be multiversal, as in the Hero's Spirit exists in multiple timelines.
(probably the same with Demise's spirit too. Could explain Ganon's revival in this new game if it takes place after WW)

I wouldn't be surprised. The gods are actually pretty petty, and keep in mind that Termina was practically fated to die from the Goddesses because they worshiped a false god, and it was evident that they were still pretty butthurt about it. (At least Din was, considering she was so fucking butthurt she reversed gravity so they'd fall into the void and pop out into Gerudo desert.)
(Also considering that Nayru guaranteed helped Link and is the goddess of wisdom, and that Farore is the goddess of courage, and she obviously didn't abandon link, maybe some fight broke out between them and Din got butthurt enough to kill off Link.)
Who was the Happy Mask Salesman, by the way? He's obviously able to travel through time and space.
Headcanon thinks that Happy wanted to do a little more than get his mask back in Termina.

It'd make sense, but do remember that Link was practically born in the lost woods, and that he entered it in the first place (and navigated it) to Termina. without a fairy. He also has the Lens of Truth, and there is still that possibility that he found Navi (although it's unlikely).

Except it's fucking canon and explicitly stated in the only official book of Zelda lore, the Hyrule Historia

Din best oracle.

Why can't it be in the Link Falls Timeline

There are smaller Stalfos in the Arbiters ground.
So i'd say body size can't be ignored that easy.

Koroks fam

There is no comparison to make, I was just wishing for it. But there is a steel plate getup that Link can wear.

The Hero's Spirit does exist in mutiple timelines: the failure line and the child line. The problem with the adult timeline is that the spirit was explicitly sent out of it with the currently living Link. Demise's desire for revenge exists in all timelines because it was never removed from one of them. WW Link is shown not to be the hero reincarnated because he has to go collect the Triforce of Courage. King Daphnes wasn't even expecting it to attach to that Link. King Daphnes also states that WW Link has nothing to do with the Hero of Time.

Uh no. He never entered the lost woods prior to the game as he never had a fairy until the game starts. In fact even the other kids in Kokiri didn't want to go in there. He wasn't "practically" born there nor did he or anyone else seem to go in there (except Fado being really fucking creepy about it and Grog who turned into Stalfos).

whatever you believe kiddo

Are Koroks the grass people in SS and WW

Link had to enter the woods along with his mother to even get to the Kokiri forest from Hyrule Field.

I don't think you even played Ocarina of Time.

Canon

WW yes

SS has the Kikwi

It's weird that it's not in the WW timeline though, like a complete absence of "hero spirit" there. (rather the Hero's spirit was 'remade' there.)

manga only fam
It's vague right now if the Zelda mango is canon.

No Zelda manga is canon

You say that but even the way you answered that gives an Ambitious answer

Kokiri forest is surrounded on all sides by the Lost Woods. Do you not remember the bridge between Kokiri Forest and Hyrule Field? That's part of the Lost Woods. You don't get to defend your points concerning the Lost Woods with "It's magic, deal with it" and then try to claim points others make about the woods don't make logical sense.

None of the Zelda manga are canon except the little snippet within the Hyrule Historia

Hey man if you want to argue you can get lost walking straight over a bridge more power to you. But I'd seek help since you must clearly have very poor sense of direction.

Cry all you want, its magic.

Does anyone have any idea what the fuck this thing from the official trailer is along with the house or possibly what else they can add with the exception of loz shit from the previous titles?

I also wonder what kind of other creatures are going to be in the game and how they are going to act and be spread out Its probably going to be like XCX and dragons dogma with creatures of varying levels, sizes, and traits dotted around the fuckhuge map.

I just want to know what they would be and the extent of the content that would be in this game.

Kek, ok.

Stal-something and what looks like an observatory

That second one looks kinda like the lab next to Lake Hylia in OoT to me.

I'd love if it was like Xenoblade and you find extremely dangerous and large enemies dotted on the map that while there being no level system it being obvious you can't defeat them yet

The black parts of the entrance/exit are magical barriers. Think portals.
The actual lost woods section of the game we saw had the same deal with it. The log exits/entrances are magical portals/barriers.

During the Treehouse shit at E3 they ran into a random Stone Giant thing in the middle of a forest that promptly one-shot their ass.

No, they're just logs used to break up the woods so the N64 didn't have to render the entire forest fam

Just seems to me like you're saying that the bridge is specifically made so anyone can enter Kokiri village. Either way cool theory.

Imagine if there's some big desert area and Molgera or something is just somewhere in the middle of it.

I feel like this is the last mainline Zelda if they don't manage to boost the series' popularity with this

Intradesting…

Even that's not canon, as Hyrule Historia itself says. It's just an example of who Hylia's Chosen Hero (aka the first Link to ever exist who was mentioned in the description of the sailcloth of SS) could have been.

Wat?

As long as money exists Zelda will be milked for better or worse

It isn't a theory when somehow each log except for the "correct path" ones happen to have extreme non-euclidean geometry attached to them and said entrance log is the only thing keeping the lost woods from being settled by Hylians

Fam that's the reason why the 'lore' is what it is.
The logs ARE the portals/barriers in the lost woods.

[Citation needed]

It's just an abstract representation of getting "lost" in those woods, not explicit portals. It's like how, in the original Zelda, you just somehow end up at the entrance to the woods, despite seemingly crossing the other side of the screen.

Link isn't a cuntboy…!

Explain why Hylians get lost in the woods. It isn't some magic that fucks with their senses because simply walking forward manages to get you lost, despite the fact that if you're only moving in one fucking dimension.
Explain why Hylians haven't colonized the Lost Woods even with the superstitions.
Explain why in the map view of the Lost Woods woods section why non-eucledian geometry is present.

If you're talking about the lore/story/artifacts/etc of a media form, then that would be bullshit. I'm not talking about the representation of getting lost. In terms of fucking physics this version of "getting lost" is far past simple fucking "abstract representation"

Pigs are known to be evil in japan.

Oh, and as a followup, the bridge and the kokiri lost woods entrance are also non-euclidean.
If you notice the map, the lost woods entrance should actually be on the other side on accordance with the Kokiri village map, and there is no way for the west facing exits on the Lost Woods to lead back to the entrance due to the Sacred Meadow and Hyrule Field blocking the damn way.

This isn't Dwarf Fortress, user-kun. This is a console game.

But the Hero's shade is clearly an adult while Link left Hyrule as a child.

Well good news! Apparently monolith soft has been helping develop this.

Faggot hype shit, kill yourselves.

You remember the forest temple and how one part involved shifting perspectives, no reason that doesn't apply to the lost forest its self

Well I only really meant in that regard but that sounds pretty good

It's fucking magic. It could very well make you think you've only walked forward when in actuality you've made all sorts of changes in direction.

As for the other entrances, Link simply loses his senses (due to fucking magic) when straying from the correct path and ends up walking back to the entrance.

But the exits from Kokiri Forest to the Lost Woods match up, mostly. They're in the correct relative directions. The exits in Kokiri Forest are on the North and West sides. Oh, and guess what? Your picture shows the exits being on the North and West sides of the Forest.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

That was simply a gravity 'twist'
However, that could show that the fourth dimension in the Zelda world is in fact not time, but another avenue of space entirely. In that case, maybe, and just maybe, the lost woods grew into said fourth dimension and basically formed hyper-tunnels and shit. But of course if you use Occam's razor on that then the portal theory makes much more sense. (and/or fourth dimensional movement could be done through portals?)

To the first; magic doesn't explain transposition of one dimensional movement. That's a higher level of movement magic and considering what it is, that is called teleportation/transposition/PORTALS.
Sense loss doesn't explain a change in ONE DIMENSIONAL MOVEMENT. It doesn't require most of your senses to walk in a straight line. For me, I don't need to even think about walking, even when I'm tired and my senses are impaired.

As for the second, I remembered the map wrong I guess. Either way, the non-euclidean geometry on the other points cannot be ignored.
Magic doesn't explain everything. In terms of physics and common sense, losing ones 'sense' in the lost woods doesn't explain the transposition of the non-euclidean movements.

The archive link isn't working.

HYPE

But it's not. The person merely thinks it is.

It's magic. It can give your mind a fog so think you need a butcher's knife to cut it. All it needs to do is dull your senses or make you drift into la-la land enough for you not to notice gently making a 180 and walking away. Optical illusions, actual illusions, limited amnesia, there's all sorts of shit the woods could do that isn't magical portals that the probability of it being portals is very low.

this

WW Link cannot be the reincarnation of the hero, due to timeline shenanigans.

in the "canon" ending to OoT Zelda sends Link back in time, where he stops ganon before the events of the game happen creating the TP timeline.

This means that in the Adult/Future timeline there is no hero, he has completely left that timeline(thanks Zelda), and this is why there was no hero to save hyrule when the sealed ganon escaped, the goddesses ended up intervening by sealing hyrule away and flooding the land.

Just because there are games in between doesn't mean it stops being a sequel.

The problem with scenario 1 is that the sages sealed ganon away after a huge war in that timeline, since link failed to defeat him. Unless he breaks free and gets resealed at which point it could be set almost anywhere in the timeline.

When Nintendo first started talking about it I thought this would be rather old in the timeline when hyrule was not fully established. You would be going around and maybe even be the one to first find or establish diplomatic relations with the other races. Obviously I was proven wrong but it was an idea.

I am not sure it could be the sequel to WW timeline. I don't think they would go back in technology or at least you would still see things like railroads or something. As others have pointed out it could refer to the sand sea. All we can say for sure is that is rather far into the timeline. If I were to guess it would be after the era of decline, but I hope it is in the twilight timeline.

Even if one got confused, there is still no way one could've gotten back to the Kokiri village, considering that's what the forest is protecting in the first place and there is still the issue of fucking non-euclidean geometry.
Second of all, there is no "super duper mega illusion magic" here. When one walks forward, it is a physical action. Unless you mean that the entire world is a fucking simulation, there is no way that complete one dimensional movement can be just erased by saying "lol-nope through illusion magic bullshit you actually walked in a complete circle, even though it is physically impossible for the path to even lead there and you've never changed direction"
To be even more technical, on a physical level we're just a cycling rube goldberg machine that fuels and resets itself, If one walks forward, one walks FORWARD. The only way for that to change direction is if the organism wishes it.

Doesn't explain why you end up at the entrance of Kokiri village. Also the tunnel width and eventual is not big enough for a "gentle 180". You'd walk into a wall.

No, there is not besides dimensional fuckery. Keep in mind that we're talking about a universe that has had time travel, inglorious amounts of water coming from nowhere, it being canon that the universe was created by three very powerful sexy dicks, and gravity/dimensional manipulation (termina portal, room after that with gravity manipulation/size manipulation, and the room in the forest temple you mentioned.)
Also, isn't the Great Deku Tree magical? Isn't the forest magical? The presence of portals isn't as low as you think, and illusion magic does not explain the non-euclidean geometry found in the forest through the map and in game observations.

Above all else, don't even fucking say "Oh you just only thought you walked forward!", because that means the fucking Lost Woods controls your damn mind, which is complete bullshit and is completely unsupported or that somehow the lost woods is able to separate body from mind, which is also complete bullshit, or is able to provide a dreamlike state, which, again, is bullshit considering one can return if they don't lose sight of the exit, which wouldn't be very easy with illusions.
Also, illusions are ILLUSIONS. They affect the MIND, not the body. While the body is affected by the mind, the mind still doesn't allow it to fucking loop in impossible circles.

There needs to be a fan timeline so we can ignore this horrible timeline, and it needs to retcon Skward Sword to be a story fabricated by the Hylian royal family to secure their right to the Hylian throne.

Elements like Skyloft, Loftwings and Groose can be based off of real things that were placed into the story with Groose being a sort of allegory for the Gerudo's jealousy but at the same time being an actual historical figure who was the first Gerudo to secure any alliance with Hylians.

But Skyloft fits in fine. It matches the Oocoo and the people living in the sky in Minish Cap and it fixes the issue of why the Master Sword appears in both the Sacred Grove or in the Temple of Time by revealing that there was always two temples one in the forest and the other in Lanayru.

The only really bad thing about this timeline, I think, was the handling of the 3 way split (Link just dies? How can that be canon and exist with the other 2 options???)

After the split though, each timeline is much neater (Especially WW's timeline)

Because there needs to be a point where Ganondorf gets all three pieces of the triforce to match ALttP's prologue

Skyward Sword is a joke that serves to cheapen most everything in the series by explaining things where there was no need for an explanation, go be a midichlorianphile on another timeline.

It's some pretty retarded shit they've done.

My current theory is way at the end of one of the timelines. I actually haven't watched too much footage since I spent all E3 on vacation with my extended family, but the rusted master sword leads me to believe it's FAR in the future, or before SS when the sword was originally forged. However, the shiekah sages in the micro-dungeons specifically mention Ganon, so it has to be after OoT. The technology of the guardians is similar to that of the ancient robots from SS, which would imply it's in the lanyru/eldin/faron area of Hyrule from SS and TP (I've never understood if that's different than the rest of hyrule from the other games though… Since it's only mentioned in those 2 games, and they're very separated in the timelines, I can only assume it's a whole different area), Nonetheless, it's probably not wherever Spirit tracks or the oracle games take place. So I'm assuming, since in the adult timeline they found a new continent, Hyrule never drains, meaning it's probably in either the child or failure timeline. Fun fact, Neither zelda 1 or 2 have the master sword, so it's possible to have happened during the failure, before that timeline, and gets completely destroyed. Alternatively, maybe it gets remade into the four sword, like people theorised a while back, and it's before the shadow era of child.

Out of pure speculation though, since failure has so many games already, I'm assuming it's at the very end of child timeline.

Great Deku Tree talks about his mom bringing him there in the game.

You seem upset

Your first mistake was caring about Zelda lore like it was supposed to be consistent in the first place

Skyward Sword's story was pretty much pure timeline continuity porn. Like I'm pretty sure the game was made to cement the overarching story in the games.

Have you played Ocarina? He never says anything about Link's origin.

10 bucks says it's ALTTP Link

I don't know why but I wasn't aware that LTTP link was the same as Oracle link.

LTTP, Link's Awakening and Oracles are all the same Link, though Nintendo pretends Oracles doesn't exist

It's after the forest temple, so I suppose it was the Deku Tree Sprout I was thinking of. But yes, he does talk about how his mother brought him to the forest before she died. It's in that big cutscene where he learns he's a Hylian.

It just seems that way.

But in the hero died timeline there is a master sword, it's the same from alttp and albw, but it was sealed away FOREVER, not to mention that in Zelda 1 the triforce was everywhere (Ganon had the power one, Zelda split the wisdom one and the courage one was hidden by a king of hyrule way before Zelda 1, that's the father of the asleep Zelda found in Zelda 2) and only in Zelda 2 Link becomes "worthy" of the triforce of courage since a crest appears on his hand.

No, it's skyward sword, at the start of the timeline, meaning it's technically on all of them since it's before the split.

A Link to the Past Link is also the only character in the entire series I think to manage to beat someone who had the entire triforce. Even a literal god couldn't beat squidward link with the whole triforce.

Ganon kept it locked in a back room, though. He didn't really have it with him during the fight.

I still never got the Downfall timeline. Both the Child and Adult Timelines only had one Link between them with the Adult one being left without a Link and eventually needing a whole new Link to be born in WW, presumably a descendant of a relative of the original Link's. So where did this mysterious second Link from the Downfall Timeline come from? I always assumed the Downfall Timeline was created by one of those times Child Link changed the past by planting beans or some shit, but that would mean that the Downfall timeline would have no Link once Child Link returned to his own time, so it would make sense to say the Downfall timeline is where the Hero never came back to defeat Ganon rather than "the hero is defeated". So again where the hell did this second Link come from? Also I have a slight hangover.

Too true. Fuck that square shit and its clones.

Go nuts faggots.

That timeline is created when Link, fighting Ganon at the end of OoT gets wrecked and dies. It's not something that's actually happened (i mean, something seen or documented in a game), it's just a timeline created of a possibile outcome of that fight. Even thought it's bullshit (because then we would have to think of all the times all the Links could've died and every time a different timeline should be created) it explains why in that timeline Ganondorf is GANNON piggu and why the sacred realm became the dark world (since the Ganon from alttp and the one from OoT are the same one, because in this timeline, with Link being dead, Zelda sealed Ganon in the sacred realm and yada yada), not to mention why Hyrule became more and more in ruins.

So the downfall timeline is just a theoretical what-if scenario that doesn't actually exist in the Zelda multiverse. Well fuck Nintendo's bullshit. Would've been easier just to blame it on the beans and call it the "Link Never Returned" timeline.

Dark realm is the corrupted Sacred Realm
Twilight realm is another realm entirely
and ALTTP Link and TP Link are not the same person, so it does not guarantee a consistant pattern in alternative forms

the same way people translated Kryptos
if you know each symbol stands for a letter and that there is actually a message there, then you could use math to figure it out.
however because of a lack of certains (like there is no "e translates to one symbol"), it's kinda hard.

Either way, it was still when Link was less than a year old, so the Lost Woods/Kokiri Village could have grown on him.

All of this Zelda timeline fuckery hurts my brain

We don't deserve this kind of shit. Fucking Nintendo.

It's a pretty bullshit way of squeezing in ALTTP and the other games in there but it does match up with the original intentions of those games being sequels to OoT

That and both Hyrules are pretty identical with a few areas swapped here and there

man hyrule is so fucking tiny
if anything that's a size of a typical province

when your land is surrounded by monsters at all sides you take what you can get

It's not exactly a what-if, maybe it could be seen as "of all the possible timelines created when every Link of every game pre-oot died this is the only one that created the alltp timeline", mainly because it's the only one that explains why in those games Ganon is a pig.

I've got an explanation that (hopefully) gets around this "downfall" timeline problem.
I'll go from the top, and try to keep it within the character limit.

Ocarina of Time's story begins with Link orphaned in the Kokiri Woods as a baby.
He grows up a bit, is sent by the Deku Tree to meet Princess Zelda, who explains her premonitions involving Link and Gannondorf, and her plan to get herself and Link into the Sacred Realm (to claim the Triforce) before Gannondorf can.
Gannondorf figures out their plan, chases Zelda away from Hyrule Castle, and then allows Link to claim the Master Sword and get himself locked in a bullshit magical stasis field, letting Gannondorf enter the Sacred Realm unopposed.
Oh, and we'll call this timeline [A].

When Link awakens seven years later, hears about the Sages from Sheik, and sets out to awaken them, this is still on timeline [A]; no "time-travel" has taken place, apart from Link's perspective where he was kept asleep for years.

BUT

At least once in the story, Link has to return to the Master Sword pedestal, where (after a vague explanation from Sheik) it turns out that Link can use the pedestal to "return" to the moment in time before he drew the Master Sword. His memories (and even his equipment) are sent back to this moment, at which point the timeline splits because the past has been altered.
Up until the end of the story, there's now two timelines linked together; timeline [B] is essentially the same as [A], but altered by the knowledge and the items Link previously gained.
For simplicity's sake, assume that any future loops just overwrite [A] and [B] repeatedly ([A] is the timeline that Link's in when he drops the sword into the pedestal, and the new [B] timeline always 'begins' in an altered past, just before Link would've drawn the Master Sword), since there's nothing you can do in-game to break this loop anyway (ie. prevent Gannondorf from entering the Sacred Realm).

SO
LINK FUCKED AROUND WITH THE 'PAST' AT LEAST ONCE TO COMPLETE HIS QUEST
BUT IF HE'D BEEN ALLOWED TO USE THE PEDESTAL ONE MORE TIME AFTER DEFEATING GANON
THEN ONE TIMELINE WOULD STILL BE SAVED, AND HE'D HAVE A CHANCE OF SAVING THE OTHER ONE
BUT NO
ZELDA JUST HAD TO FUCK EVERYTHING UP EVEN MORE
JUST BECAUSE SHE WAS TRYING TO DO SOMETHING THOUGHTFUL FOR LINK

Hoping to let Link live out his childhood peacefully, Zelda takes the Ocarina of Time from him, and uses her power as a Sage to manipulate time and send Link to an earlier point in the 'past' than [B] was, effectively creating timeline [C].
Due to Zelda's magical fuckery, the Link that existed in timeline [C] is moved to the Master Sword pedestal, and he now has memories from timelines [A] and [B]. He's at a point in time before his first meeting with Princess Zelda, so when he does go to meet her, he changes [C]'s fate by ensuring Gannondorf is investigated and put on trial before he can put his plans into motion.
(Side Note: Though he has memories from the other timelines, it's not clear what items Link retained; King Daphnes in Wind Waker implies that the Triforce of Courage left Link's body and remained in [B] while Zelda was sending him to [C]).

TL;DR, At the very end of Ocarina of Time, here's how the timelines stand:

[A] - Link sent his memories and equipment to his 'past self', but his present-day self then failed to defeat Gannondorf. Leads to the "Imprisoning War" and LoZ: ALttP.
[B] - Gannondorf is sealed in the Sacred Realm, but Zelda inadvertently removes Link from this timeline. Leads to the "Flooding of Hyrule" and LoZ: WW.
[C] - Link gets Gannondorf 'executed', and the Sacred Realm remains sealed. Leads into the games LoZ: MM and LoZ: TP.

Yes, but they could've just avoided implying an infinite timelines bullshit and stuck with saying that the Ganon pig timeline was created when Link went back in time to plant beans to change the future which turned the original future into a Link-less place that became Pig Ganon timeline. Or just say that the Pig Ganon timeline came to be from the first timeline split caused in Skyward Sword where Link altered the future so he could grow the ancient fruit that would cure Lanayru. But overall, like I've moronically said many times, blaming the beans would've been the best and simplest way to go. With this kind of bullshit Nintendo will try to make more stupid timelines to make more unrelated games that barely follow canon, or worse this timeline bullshit means nothing and the bastards at Nintendo will retcon it in 15 years like the cruel fiends they are.

Works for me.

But there aren't two timelines created before the split Zelda makes. Since replacing the Master Sword sends him, at the earliest, right back to when he drew it, there is no altered past. Young Link somehow spontaneously ends up with more equipment than when he drew the sword, but that isn't altering the past, because it isn't overwriting things that have already happened, yet.

This works, but you got one thing wrong: at the end of OoT Zelda doesn't send back Link to an earlier point, she just sent him to the same moment he usually returns when putting the sword in the pedestal, that's always before Ganondorf attacked the castle, so Link went to talk to Zelda a second time just to confirm her theories, and everyone believed them because at that time Link had the triforce crest on his hand (but, as learned in Zelda 1 e 2, the crest just symbolize the fact that you are worthy of the triforce, it doesn't necessarily mean you have it in you). So A and B are actually the same minus the fact that in one Link dies and in the other wins, but it's the same Link in the same moment (when facing Ganon on the ruins of the castle), while C is what you called B in your textwall (because, as i said before, when Link goes to the past and when Zelda send him to the past he ends up in the same place at the same time everytime).

That depends on who has an active hand on making the game, Miyamoto doesn't care but Aonuma apparently does, so imho they'll try to fit every game in the timeline.
Speaking of which, where is triforce heroes located?

You realize the contradiction here, right? When Link drew the Master Sword, Zelda had already disappeared to flee Ganondorf. Link had to be sent back to some point in time earlier than that in order to find Zelda back at the castle.

That's what i said, when Link first pulled out the master sword he went to the "future", but when he returned for whatever reason he always returned before Ganondorf attacked the castle, and that's the same moment in time Zelda sent him with the ocarina after Ganon dies.
Otherwise he would've found Ganondorf waiting for him the first time (and all the other times) he went back to the past.

Except he didn't. Ganondorf attacked before Link placed the three stone in the temple of time. The stones are still there when you go back to the past. Therefore, you return to a point in time after Ganondorf attacked the castle. The reason Ganondorf isn't there when you return is because he isn't interested in Link. He already got to the Sacred Realm and caused the Triforce to split into its components.

The Wii U has a LOT of good games and piracy documentation is readily available.

A simpler explanation is that the downfall timeline is Zelda's fault:
>Zelda may or may not take his remains and put them in the Shrine of Resurrection, we'll see when BotW releases

It's just a theory.

This honestly.

Regardless of which theory is right I think we can all agree that a woman was probably at fault here.

So remember how in MM after you beat the game all the things you did somehow happen on one timeline. Whenever you passed a "flag" it became so on the main timeline. Hylia was able to weave all the timelines together. Now why couldn't she do the same for the split from OoT? Now what if late into all three timelines Hylia or whatever weaved all the timelines together into a "true timeline" This was the catastrophe with Ganon because his incarnations from the different timeline fused hell maybe the old man was Ganondorf from one timeline. Link was born during this time but not Zelda as the timeline was unstable. Thus Link had to be put into stasis to wait for Zelda and the timeline to settle. This is mostly bullshit but I want it to be true so we can put the whole split timeline behind us.

reminds me that I heard some theory somewhere that SS actually split the timeline into 16 different paths

supposedly there is not graphic difference on the the nx but I don't know how true that is.

MM is a very weird and special case. Who knows if the three goddesses even govern the land of Termina.

I recall there was some form of hint that they did with the Four Giants just serving as some sort of caretakers.

Because you permanently changed shit 16 times via the timeshift stones and the temple portal.

Hylia is not one of the three goddess at least I don't think she is and she is heavily associated with time.

The timestones where fun but I got rather nervous with all the reckless time travel.

Hylia is more along the lines of an archangel or demigoddess in charge of handling things while the main golden three focus on more projects. I like to think the times we've seen the main three reborn into mortal forms is their way of taking a vacation.

Also every time I killed one of those past Bokoblins or even moved one stone I couldn't help but wonder how anyone could use these stones without freaking out in worry about breaking the world. The fucking bokoblin skeletons would move to different locations based on how far I let them follow me with the timeshift stone and that would just make me think if that created several new timelines. I seriously hope that wasn't the case and that the timeshift stones and the temple portal sort of have like this stabilizing nature that makes sure to stabilize paradoxes and ensure no new timelines are created.

Surely there will be, I can't see them making/porting/whatever a game for what is essentially their next gen system and not take the chance to make some graphical improvements.
Didn't Twilight Princess have some visual improvements on Wii over the GameCube version? I never played either version so I don't know. It's the only Zelda I've never played

So the only Link that is actually refered to in game as a reincarnation of a previous Link (WW) is actually the only Link that isn't one? He also did such a good job of mantling the hero that he is the only Link to permanantly defeat Ganon?

Also since Ganon ends up sealed in the downfall and adult timeline then presumably the flood is actually the events of ALTTP but with no Link chasing after his uncle.

Between that, child timeline resulting in OoT Link turning into a depressed Ghost and entire timeline dedicated to him fucking up I feel like the Hero of Time is getting the short end of the stick. I hope BotW is actually about him being resurrected at the end of the downfall timeline and sorting out the mess Hyrule has ended up in.

I also like the idea thats its an atempt to merge the timelines into one.

This did get the whole GamePad artefact and Shrines right, maybe it's legit after all.

Someone posted an article saying that Nintendo said there is no difference. again I'm not sure if that is true though.

I have both gc and wii version and I don't remember any difference besides the wii version supporting better video size.
and you know being mirrored

I don't know it never really goes into detail on her relation to the three goddess but I don't think she is that far behind them.

How he claims it starts is pretty different from what we were shown though. Could have been an early build or something.
That could be why it was delayed so much. they decided to remake a large portion of the game.

I'm pretty sure Aonuma recently said the visuals would be "different" on NX.

And that the experience would be the same.

They removed NPC's and more for the demo to avoid spoilers, so maybe they removed the whole Link's village.

It has SS connections if you look at all the refences to hylia. The pants and shirt indicate that link was much shorter assuming they are his when he last wore them.