Can we have a thread about all the problems with this game?

Can we have a thread about all the problems with this game?

AI is dumb as bricks and the game tries to force you to play just as stupidly by giving you attack penalties unless you let the AI control your units. If you even so much as set up a front line, it'll strategic redeploy your shit every which way and then get smashed. And it hates being aggressive and making attacks or going for encirclements.

Also, you need Reichstamina to change your laws.

What is censored? Seeing that it wasn't available uncut in Germany got my hopes up.

No swastikas and Hitler looks like the final boss before you've beaten all the other stages.

why does my pirated copy have uncensored hitler?

This.

Also the diplomacy sucks and the war score contribution is fucked. You get war score for your own casualties, so if your ally keeps throwing his troops into a meat grinder and loses more troops than you he gets more war score than you.

Hitler is only censored in Germany. Because games aren't considered art there and theres laws about showing Nazis

They also haven't fixed the biggest problem in HoI3: the piss-poor AI. Granted they've 'fixed' neutrality and OOB management by outright removing them but I'm not sure I count that as an improvement.

I wish I had thirty friends to play large scale multiplayer GS.

Is that Bruce Willis?

You'd also have to have them all on the same network because Paradox games get exponentially more unstable the more players you add.

If you've got 4-5 friends and want the same backstabbing experience in a simpler package get them all to play Diplomacy.

I'm more interested in seeing what crazy changes people make. AI is predictable, but if three players suddenly decide its time to kill the Ottoman's, or that Germany should join communism, or that it's time for the Norse to take Africa, then they'll do it. And with the Paradox line of grand strategies, there's so many nation choices that players can intentionally allow stupid to happen.
I'll check out Diplomacy now to see if there are such shenanigans

Diplomacy is a game all about dicking over the other players.

Do be warned that it can ruin friendships.

Join our game starting this Sunday on the GSG threads. We have at least 6 active players.

I used to play EU3 with a clan that had over 20 players regularly. It was amazing. Way too many disconnections though. It was like watching an otherwise good anime with way too many fillers.

I don't have Heart of Iron. It was the one that interested me the least. Which is unfortunate, as from what I understand its far better than EU/CK.

nigga
time to get your hands on Darkest Hour

It's not a matter of which is best, they're all different and have their unique perks.

My problem is that I can't get my stupid fucking front line units to stop trying to attack even when they have no order to do so.

Wanna redesign your divisions? fuck you, you need Reichexperience to do that

IT'S SHIT

It make sense. Is to avoid the crusade in CK2 where a OPM duche arrive before your 10k stak and he gets the land instead of you

Is retarded made tho

Perfect explains of the flaws of the game. Really enjoyed reading the paragraph fucking moron

I would love to. I'm learning now HOI3 but have shit ton of hours for EU4 and CK2
Only have eu4 official and don't know how to play with the cracked version online

wait, really?

Yes. If you make battle plans you get a "preparation bonus" which can be up to +50% attack. Problem is you need to make a front line for that, which means the braindead AI will strat deploy your shit every which way and fuck your planned defense unless you make a separate line for every province.

He was shown in the other games, faggot.

The law you're referring to is about certain symbols of the third reich

there is no law in germany against showing picture of Hitler.

Paracuck Intercucktive made this choice on their own.

Well, shit. My entire strategy was erasing any battleplans any army might have and control everything manually, like in HoI3. I won pretty much everything with that because the AI is blatantly retarded (except playing as Italy and joining the Germans, because hitler decides to declare war on LITERALLY everyone non-axis and can't fight), and now I see that's despite getting attack penalties. I guess that's why attacking mountains (already ridden with extreme malluses) was simply impossible if they put a decent-sized stack there (no stacking penalty, goy, enjoy your doomstacks), but didn't seem so impossible for enemy AI.

Worst launch Paradox had ever made – I don't think even the DLCs will fix anything, as the root concept and direction is flawed. They'd have to remove half the fucking mechanics and reprogram the entire AI.

At least Stellaris was fairly fun, if also suffering from dumb AI and bugs. But there, it at least seemed like it might get better with time.

The nice thing is that, at least, you don't have to execute the battleplans to use that attack bonus, just have them.

You can still attack manually and you keep the bonus.

It's not an argument it's the law you contrarian fucktard.

Swastikas are illegal in Germany.
Pictures of Hitler are not illegal in Germany.

Fact is, depictions of hitler are not banned under the law that user was referencing, not even in games you pleb

10/10 diplomacy

10/10 AI

10/10 game optimization

what the fuck, seriously?

I really want to like it but it's a piece of shit game

and to cap it off, what annoys me the most is that the games forums are filled with retarded fanboys that don't even see the issues

and knowing paradox and having seen them simply not fix any of their issues, instead just releasing DLCs to milk money(ck2), I know they will just repeat that same pattern here

triggers me to no end. don't buy it, instead pirate and delete it

Why?

Actually, there's hate for HoI IV on the official forums.

It's a bit tepid, but a lot of people are complaining.

I think nearly everyone now recognizes that Paracocks went too far. Two releases in the span of a month, two massive disappointments, especially HoI because it was delayed for so long and it's still a broken piece of shit. Stellaris might become fun in a year or two. This abortion will not.

Paradox censors its forums so we can't really know for sure how deep the hate goes.

What the fuck? War score = pity?

If there’s not a mod to restore the war to its historical causes by the end of the summer, I’ll be very upset.

That means having the “Allied” nations being 100% neutral at the beginning and adding ✡elements✡ within them that push them toward war with Germany. Up to and including the genocide of Germans living in a given nation.

At the same time, events should be added to give options for German revanchism. For example, there would be separate events to determine whether to press or rescind the German claims on East Prussia, Elsaß-Lothrigen, the Sudetenland, Austria, North… Holstein, I think it was, etc. If rescind, gain massive peace boosts with the neighboring nations (which would set back ✡their✡ plans and reset the war counter for that nation).

Swastikas, Hitler and the Holocaust…
in a game about WWII…
With no in depth food/PoW/genocide mechanics

If modding is easy for the Clauswitz engine I might try to add all of that myself on a pirated copy

Stellaris actually exceeded my expectations. Then again, I did expect absolutely nothing. Launch was so bug-ridden and unbalanced to unplayability, but it really looks like it has serious potential if they fix the AI.

Nothing redeeming about HoI though. I expected nothing and was still let down.

Nothing like seeing Italy lose ONE MILLION men before 1940 ends and have enormous warscore as a consequence, despite losing rome in the same year (allies invade italy right away, often even before france falls)

Remember that when they asked… I think it was Johan about why swastikas are gone, he said it's because he's not a nazi and doesn't want to see any icky nazi symbolism when playing as Germany