Glitch thread

Post glitches that ruined your playthrough, ones you exploited to your favour, and ones that made you giggle.

Starting off with some OC from viscera cleanup sim.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185990038
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I was able to dupe any item, including droppable unique ones, like the arrow-key for the final thieves mission, and i exploited it so much for infinite ammo archery a shit anyway.

one time i managed to get the tram in half life opposing force to get stuck inside the rail

still not quite sure how i did it

Until you have done troubleshooting in a language you don't speak are you truly a man?

Everytime I jump into the portal to Xen, It doesn't even load the chapter name for me. It just throws me off a cliff saying MAP C4A1.

Foxtrot Uniform has got to my one of my least favorite chapters in the entire franchise.

The teleporter never fully revved up in my playthrough of Blue Shift, so I had to watch the ending on youtube instead.

It was a glitch involving AMD processors. They never fixed it. There's a mod for it that I didn't find until after I already got passed this area but the entire level has all enemies and NPC's look like this. It was pretty funny.

1st pic here was from a cutscene featuring a mini-boss.

this other time i managed to fall down a pit without dying in half life

I had the same glitch and it repeats at the final mission

Hilarious.

I had one in Blue Dragon which put my playtime up to 300 hours after I played it for 20 minutes.
Plus there was one in Fallout 3 in some quest where you had to convince some faggots to vote in an election, but one of them got stuck on the way to the ballot box and couldn't physically vote no matter what I did. So I just killed them all.

I have this one guild mission in MH4U for Kirin, that has him stuck in a wall every time he triple hops in a certain direction, and he can spam lighting from inside.
Never prevented me from killing it tho, as it eventually comes out.

You know in PC version that the spy drone can clip through anything but walls? But not in PS2 version.

Hell, you can "surf" on top of it, but turning left or right is pain in the ass.

You can also move NPCs using that aug.

The Spyro trilogy and Enter the Dragonfly are filled with so many fun glitches.

Ok.

Old TR had some pretty fun ones like webm related, then there's flipmap shit which is a whole new level of bullshit since you can activate level triggers by dropping a flare on some exact spot and corner glitching somewhere near.

I had some even weirder shit happen to me on Oblivion on PS3.
This shit freaked me out when I was younger, the idea that two different saves could somehow be linked fucked with my autist mind

Ok

Ok

Ok

Afterwords I found the place I spawned was a checkpoint associated with a sidequest about a satellite phone, and the siren was going off because the church hadn't been saved yet. Though I had walked by there the story quest obviously couldn't engage.

Is it fear to say that was shit programming for early 3d games? even if it was the third one.

I remember glitching the game by doing completely reasonable and logical things.

I giggled at it. Why is climbing and jumping something zombie related media seems to always completely ignore?

geez it's not that fucking funny. Calm down.

Couple months ago I jewed Old School Runescape with bonds.
I bought a bond and lived off it for a while by using it, keeping it until 1 day or so then selling it for full price.

Kept that fucker for the rest of that save file. Great for getting arrested and breaking out by force. Wouldn't be in my inventory, but quick select still equipped it.

Not really. The first game was impressive for its time. The problem being is they were forced to rehash it call of duty style by eidos, since it was the new hot thing at the time. So they had the same engine for each release but slightly enhanced.

The corner glitch was discovered by the devs slightly after the release of the 2nd game(it's in both though), so they "fixed" it in 3. But you can simply use the new crouch feature introduced in 3 to bypass the fix, so the corner glitch lived on.

Dead Island bugged out and loaded me into the final area when I was in part 2. There's no way back from there.

What do you mean? Bonds are used up as soon as you redeem them.

Why does stuff like this happen anyway, I mean what's the logic process behind it?

A cat in a jar?

GPU and CPU errors as well as random bugs that can happen for no reason. A bug can only be fixed if it's reproducible, and sometimes these random bugs occur because the CPU or GPU fuck up a calculation somewhere.

A while ago I decided that once I found a game to be particularly buggy I would start recording every time I play that game and try to catch more bugs.

I never played the second one, so for a second I though you replaced the background music with some kind of Donald Trump vaporwave.

Second one was sitting on a DVD-R for about three years.

Not exactly sure what's happening in this screenshot, but you can think about the game's thought process in something like
There may be more going on here, but that's my theory. Physics glitches like this are usually due to calculation errors; say a function produces a negative number where it should be positive, the rest of the physics would freak out when calculating with that negative.

tl;dr lazy programming

Thanks mate

that second webm reminds me of a glitch I found to skip a huge portion of the hawaiian-themed track

Can you hear me now?

ARE YOU READY TO LE

That looks impressively frustrating. I've never thrown a controller but it's probably due to not playing games like that.

If this glitch didn't mess with aiming, I would have kept the game the way it was

what game?

Glitch talk aside, this seriously drives me crazy in zombie movies and The Walking Dead. So many times people could climb stuff and be safe but they don't. Any random decent-size vehicle is basically a zombie-safe island that you can just brain stab in safety from.

More relevant to glitches and zombies though, there's that ammo duping bug in the Resident Evil remake. That's a perfect example of a good glitch in my book.

Also boats aren't given enough credit. Even if zombies could swim, they still couldn't do anything and would even make a zombie outbreak easier than ones that stay away from water. If swans can kill people swimming in water then I am sure humans wouldn't have too hard of a time taking advantage of this.

1. Why are you making gifs?
2. Why are you making such bad gifs?

Even better.

In GTA III, if the game loses focus while you're walking down a slope, when the player gets sent rocketing forward at speeds that are often lethal to the player. If you set it up right, you can use it to cross the bridge right at the beginning of the game. I've only tested it on the PC version, but I imagine it might work on any platform that has some sort of way to leave the application and return.

Yeah, that's a pretty good hypothesis. Nice thoughts.

i can fap to this

Looks like Chivalry.

Brand-new WebM, fresh off the command line. This game's still buggy as fuck.

hello rato

Silly user, that's just Mass Effect Enhanced by Beamdog.

Is this a Tank Thread now?

Usually there's some bug that causes a physics object to accumulate lots of collisions within a single physics tick, resulting in an extremely high velocity when all those forces are applied on the following tick.

Oblivion
Vampire quest glitched out and I was stuck as a vampire forever. thankfully I was on PC and could mod the save file.

Far cry 2
The door to the main questline was stuck closed. It's a known bug I had to load an earlier save.

Oblivion glitches?
I saved a video on an old camera I had, but I hate hearing how we sounded back then.

post it

Sorry, can't find it on this computer, but I know I have it saved somewhere. Might be on my old desktop back at my parents' house.

well, what are you waiting for?

Was the PS2 version even good?

tl;dr game glitched and I accidentally break a quest by killing 5 expert Dutyers before I being told so

spooky shit

as for shitty glitches, I was playing Skyrim and an NPC just wouldn't open the fucking door. I had to use the console.

what game is the tank spin one from?

good shit right there

song in gta webm?

In halo for the Xbox original. I think it was the fifth level. The one where you finally get a tank. If you are quick about it and get through the snowy canyon, there's a banshee sitting on a landing pad on the side of the wall. You can shoot under it and knock down the banshee. From there if you fly down into the tunnels amd kill everything but male sure your Marines follow. Once you get past that there is a checkpoint. Go back and you'll find your Marines frozen. Stick a shit load of plasma grenades to them and lay a shit load of frags under them. Make sure they all blow up under him. Back up and hit the checkpoint and watch your marine take off at the speed of sound.

Oh I get it, because it was impossible for Ocelot to have met Punished Snake.

On the note of Halo, in the Silent Cartographer, I managed to drive my warthog right into the bit where the elites run through and seal the door up.
Car got cut in half, and I was able to hop out on the other side. Basically managed to skip half the level. Only issue is, my brother was in the gunner's seat, and he was stuck on the locked bit.
Later tried to free the warthog, but it only started shaking a ton, before we ran out of 'nades.

We also, in Halo 2, managed to pile enough grenades together during the Mombasa mission with the scarab by Johnson to blow him out of the map. Saw him come back from nowhere to get into the pelican later on.
Good times.
I wish Halo wasn't shit. I want to play with my little bro again.

DEM FORKIN DORFS MAN

Took this with Gyazo, so it has no sound.

But it's super goofy.

On top of too many instances of falling through the world, I discovered this fun glitch in my 100 hours of The Division.

that game was so bad. I mean jesus christ.

Most games I can have fun with cheats but they can't even redeem TES games.

Being a Unity-based physics game, Besieged had a lot of fun physics bugs. I wish I could find footage of that fireball+saw setup that would shoot like a fucking rocket. It made for a lot of cool inventions.

There was one time it happened really bad, CJ was the size of a house and the game started playing those creepy sounds of when a sound system shits itself. his arms kept flailing around as if they were in pain and then his distorted head without eyes or a mouth zoomed into the camera at which point the game crashed. I didn't sleep for a week

Intesrestingly enough, I loved how World War Z (the shit movie) depicted US Navy carrier groups. The last bastions of humanity and military order.

Pros:
- High-poly characters models
- Improved animation
- New death animation
- Brighter lightning maps
- New areas not present in PC version
- Bodies can be carried if you have the same weapon (Weapon will drop 1st, then you can carry)
- When any augmentations is activated, the power regulator will automatically activate.

In between:
- CGI cutscenes
- Orchestral renditions of some tracks
- New interface
- Different inventory system (Basically, you can get every items, but limited. You can store only 4 weapons)
- Grenades instantly explodes when impact on humans, bots, & animals
- You can install augmentations any where & any time without the needs of medical bots
- Health bar instead of that used in PC version
- Can be played using keyboard & mouse.

Cons:
- Frame rate drops (Notably raid in the hotel & Lucky Money Club)
- Muddy textures
- Smaller maps
- Anna has 2 fucking eyes
- Load times when going to another area
- Dragon Tooth Sword nerfed drastically

And here's the map comparison:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185990038

I got the Shadow Warrior themed one from when I bought the game. Is it as comfy as it looks?

I think every oblivion on 360 had that glitch where the game froze when attempting to complete that quest

Go home Rato

HDD loading is 3 times faster.
this is a good thing, dts breaks the original game, pretty much makes the last half of the game a fucking joke - which would be improved by being actually difficult.

I meant to put the DTS nerf in pros not in cons.

I did something wrong before posting 2nd time.

Reminder: The N64 release of LEGO Island 2 got cancelled, purely because the devs were butthurt about an unusually honest magazine preview revealing it was even worse (and glitchier) than the PC version.

How about you try it out for yourself and not ask for the Holla Forums approval. You can make your own opinions too, champ.