Things in vidya that annoy you slightly

Looking at you ALBW

Go fuck yourself.

That depends on how it's handled, in my opinion.
Good examples: Games which use musical motifs to tie emotions to recurring concepts, like Mega Man Legends 2, and Undertale.
Bad examples: Games which remix the main theme constantly, instead of saving it for extremely special occasions, like the final battle.

FUCKING DOOS ECKS HUMAN REVOLUTION
THE MINIGUN IS THE ONLY AUTOMATIC WORTH OWNING BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY ONE THAT YOU CAN FIND MORE THAN 10 ROUNDS PER HOUR WITH

Fuck that shit.

That game did it poorly as well - reusing themes and motifs in instances without any connection. It wasn't constant though, which may have been enough to fool people into thinking that there was some sort of connection.

So every original track in Sm4sh?

Or its opposite

I saw it the other way around. There's only a handful of themes which are repeated that aren't important. The Ruins and Miniboss themes, in particular.

YES.

Pretty much every Smash game since Melee has done that, although Melee saved all the remixes for the "final stages" like Battlefield and Final Destination, as well as for the alternate menu theme you get after you unlock everything.

True, but at least Brawl had some variety.

Also, it helps that Brawl's main theme was unique and memorable, whereas Sm4sh's main theme is a short loop of extremely generic fanfare.

Fuck you Red faction 2 and New Vegas

Besides the gameplay, that was the biggest problem with these pieces of shit. Particularly with the latter.

At least in New Vegas there were more tunes added, plus a couple radio station mods.

I thought we were on the track to getting rid of this shit back in fucking 2003.

Specifically to Oblivion
I guess I just fucking hate Oblivion Gates.

N64 had barely any, while PS1 was an all-day affair to finish a few levels.

But it's still a fucking stupid idea to use the music that plays in Vault 13 with the background noise that comes with it (The ticking of keyboards, voice on an intercom) in a freaking cave.

Bullshit, there are plenty of games on CDs without any loading screen.
I cannot fucking WAIT for OpenMW to get finished. The thought of travelling Morrowind without any loading gets me hard.

I'm looking at this game and I don't see the problem?

Would you guys count Goldeneye as a bad example? I think it did this beautifully, every single music in the game having the 007 theme but still being completely unique.

And just to add one more

A recurring motif isn't the same as remixing the same song over and over. I don't think it should be used in every single song, but it's way better than the former.

It didn't help that Smash 4's theme was plain awful.

Conker's Bad Fur Day did nothing wrong, and the music was great

Fuck you XCOM:EU/EW

Talking specifically the hangar selection screen