Why are there so many super heroes on earth?

why are there so many super heroes on earth?
in either dc or marvel, you hardly ever hear about super heroes from civilizations other than the ones on earth

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/UsjdI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's a legitimate question though

What about the Green Lanterns or Nova Corps?

i didn't outright deny their existance, i'm talking about the percentage
earth has a substantially larger number of super heroes than any other place

And the US has a substantially larger number of superheroes than any other nation on earth. No other country even comes close.

I think DC confirmed the reason Earth has so many superheroes is because alot of shit happens there. Ranging from magic shit and a bunch of other stuff, it's the main reason it has more than one Green Lantern on it.

Marvel's is probably the same case.

this is why we need ids

Because advanced civilizations don't need them. Superheroes only emerge on the cusp of transcendence. See the New Gods.

That being said, the Shi'ar have tons of them for no good reaosn.

From memory, raised background radiation levels from nuclear testing set off some genetic tampering by the Celestials thousands of years ago, creating a wave of Mutant births. Also various exposures to radiation and drugs since the Industrial Revolution caused activation of recessive mutations that otherwise would have only shown up in descendants, hence superpowered humans. Also, the super soldier project and its imitations and continuations produced Captain America, Wolverine, Man-Thing and the other Weapon One, Weapon Ten, etc. created supers.

In DC, humans have the Metagene. People with the Metagene, under times of extreme duress, may develop powers to cope with the situation. As for Marvel, I don't think they bother explaining it.

No we don't, this autistic faggot throws this same tantrum in every thread he doesn't like.
It's probably the hey poster, just report and ignore him in the future.

That's the real question here, why just the US?
Obviously it's for pro-burger propaganda purposes, but I'd like to at least see an attempt at explaining this.

In Marvel UK, they had "Warpies", pseudo-mutants affected by exotic particle interactions around the dimensional rifts prevalent in the British Isles. After Excalibur destroyed Merlin's tower that was acting as a lynchpin between universes, their powers faded.

Indian burial grounds do weird stuff.

Because the readers, writers, and artists live on Earth, mostly in the United States (except artists nowadays). The simpler it is to explain the setting, the easier it is for the reader to give a shit about the story. You can have good stories with Hawkman and Adam Strange, but it's more of a challenge to make them to care about the Rann-Thanagar war than to care about Venom throwing a car in Manhattan or some shit. New readers engage with unfamiliar settings less, period.

It's not just the US, just dominantly the US
Batman had counterparts around the world (golden age story, The Batmen of Other Nations or something like that) like Knight and Squire
GL butts heads on occasion with Sonar who, while technically a villain, is also a superhero to his country (which originally was so small they didn't have a post office, so Pieface couldn't get a stamp for his collection)
Captain Britain exists, of course
Marvel has a team of Japan-based tokusatsu-styled heroes that they usually play for a joke if they remember they exist
Wonder Woman is Greek
Fire and Ice are Brazilian

There are quite a few internationals. Just a predominance is the US

aliens dont need them, they have powerful military who can fight superheroes

The Shiar have the Imperial Guard.
The Kree and Skrulls have a few heroes, or at least super-soldiers.

Does the Spectre have jurisdiction over the whole universe or just Earth?

Because DC and Marvel comes from USA and that's the place kids who used to read their comics, could relate to.

Isn't the Marvel explanation that Earth is a Celestial egg, so for its protection it produces more superpowered people besides the mutants and the inhumans?

Pretty sure that's just Earth X continuity (which was pretty good). Galactus isn't just seeking to feed on planets bursting with energy, but is actively devouring celestial eggs

shit, I didn't know he could actually draw

You can really see the heavy Kirby influence in his art.

From what I remember, the Kree heavy hitters were mostly just regular Kree with expensive weaponry.

Some of his early work on Hawk and Dove wasn't half bad. But like all the Image guys, all that early success killed their ability to improve, and some of them actually back-slid, like Jim Lee and Erik Larsen. With all those kids sucking their dicks, why should any of them try harder?
And I've heard even back then he was getting his friends to help him, so you really can never be sure how much is his, and how much is his little homeys. Snort, I guess in the future scholars will compare him with Salvador Dali in that respect.

They had Shatterax, and Midnight, and a few Marr-Vell wannabes.
Skrulls had Super-Skrull, Skrull X, Laserfist, Empress Sybil, Talos The Tamed, and the Warskrulls.

Hasn't he actually gotten better over the years?

He's got better assistants…

It's not that bad in the DC, where each hero or "hero family" have their own cities, and when there are attempts at foreign superheroes, like Chinese Justic League or the whole society of capes and villains that frequents Time in a Bottle in London.
It is absolutely silly in Marvel, where over 90% of superhuman reside in the New York and surrounding area.

Obviously there is a few foreign heroes, but more often than not, they will end up in the U.S. Especially in Marvel. Even Doctor Doom and Black Panther, who both have their own countries to to deal with, spend considerable amount of time in the U.S.

This is a stupid way to think. American kids have no problem relating to Japanese characters in manga and anime, French and Italian kids have no issues relating to American cowboys, and Chinese ones to American movie characters. Hell, many times they create stories that do not take place in their own country and they do well.
"X won't succeed because people won't relate" is a bullshit excuse that results in very little foreign media being translated to English. Things that get translation are usually mangled 'because people won't get it.' It is bizarre when more books get translated to language that only 40 to 70 million speakers vs one that has over 300 million of native speakers.

See what we had to put up with in Australia in the 90's?
That's what we call the Cultural Crawl. In the 70's and 80's we couldn't even get films made unless we cast an American in the lead. Australian bands sing in American accents, we don't even take our celebrities seriously until they've made it overseas.
And nobody buys Australian comics.

I believe Darkest Night had the Guardians explaining that DC-Earth was actually the first planet to be created after the Big Bang, which is why it housed the White Lantern Monster-Thingie. Somehow this gave rise to the metagene as a way of protecting the White Creature's egg/prison/home/whatever from destruction.

As for fucking Marvel, I have no idea why New York has the vast majority of superhumans, let alone Earth. I'll tell you one thing: If I was Sandman or someone in that vein, I'd fucking up sticks and head for California or Hawaii or some other place with lots of sand and almost no superhero presence.

Say that out loud and then ask yourself who the fuck greenlit THAT alien race.

Where the fuck does it say "Khund"?

Ladies and gentlemen, this guy thought it was a real page from Invasion, and trotted out what I can only assume is the same idiot remark he's probably been saying for thirty years.

Using a shitty blogspot website's list of "Marvel Heroes based in New York City" Source: archive.is/UsjdI (This is my source because I'm not going to bother putting that much effort into this I put the totla number of superheroes active specifically in NYC at 17. This excludes any superhero not on the list, any superhero team, and any superhero that I feel does not specifically dictate their time to NYC itself Such as Doctor Strange and Captain America. The square milage of manhattan island in itself is 22.82 square miles. Dividing the superheroes up evenly put the density of heroes at 0.75 Superheroes per square mile. And this is while actively ignoring the Avengers and the Fantastic 4 who's headquarters are in Manhattan; any heroes stationed near New York who happen to find themselves in the city on a regular basis, any hero who live in the city but who's stories regularly focus outside of the city, and more importantly, anyhero not on a fucking buzzfeed-esque list that probably ignored 99% of the heroes in the Marvel Universe. I think being a supervillain in Manhattan is grounds for being considered mentally retarded in the Marvel universe.