Ape Escape thread?

Also, what do you guys think of this?

change.org/p/sony-playstation-ape-escape-1-3-hd-remaster-for-playstation-4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pcLnBwCb0Ps
youtube.com/watch?v=qBQBI8aOZMA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Liked the ape escape games played and completed 3 but got stuck on the PSP version.

I barely remember any of it but the transformations and monkey costumes in 3 were the fucking best.

Also I share a birthday with spencer.

the PSP is a bit clunky compared to the original.

I remember Ape Escape fondly as the game that I was playing when I first saw tits.

Also a new game coming out is unlikely since they probably need staff that is trapped in the pachinko mines to help.

A remaster is possible since remasters are the only thing people can do with old IPs nowadays

If they're going to do a remaster, they could use the PSP remake for the first game, all they need to do is make it play like the first game.

I think it is time to stage a rescue to save these staff from the pachinko mines. We'll call it operation Ape Escape 4.

I want to see a return from Spike and i want the red/yellow hair and shorts design from the early games, i dont know why did MM had to change him

they need to make it play AND have the models look right. the PASBR model of spike was accurate but off.

I agree with saving people from the pachinko mines but Ape Escape is low on the priority list for IPs I would want to save. I guess the question is how to destabilize a good # of the Japanese Yakuza

youtube.com/watch?v=pcLnBwCb0Ps

I like this song

Good idea. Think the Remaster would have the multiple VA options, considering that the UK dubs differ from US drastically (and for each and every game?)

I almost forgot, AE3 has the Metal Gear bonus mode. Maybe if they work that out, they can throw in the Ape Escape mode in MGS3 that was removed from the HD remakes/Legacy Collection

That part was cool

STOP

Fine, we'll ask for Ape Escape 4

Generally Remasters are easy means to gauge interest for a new game, since it's cheap. That and also ease/convienience to play the old games in HD, since AE 2 is still glitchy in anything but software mode on PSCX2.

remasters are an easy means to get money. I've seen with with DMC, Darkstalkers, hell Onechanbara Z2 Chaos is said to gauge interest for future ports like EDF which would easily make bank more than the game their selling. Those lines are only PR talk for people to buy the game.

But that doesn't work, people who have already played these and love them probably played these games to death before.

New players won't buy them because they don't give a fuck about a title they never heard before. Nowadays if a game doesn't sell millions it's a failure, and that's why the good old games you remember so fondly are dead.

I mean shit I love crash bandicoot, but I'd rather hit my balls with a hammer rather than play it again on PS4. The games are already perfect as they were, they don't need a shiny new coat of paint to be good.

They could at least put the games on the PS store, and find a way to put PS1 games for the PS4.

So many Ape Escape threads recently, I like it.

But this is shit. This needs to stop.

I just want Million Monkeys translated in english. Not even a remaster/remake
is that so much to ask?

Also Natsumi, Haruka, and Charu are all Qt3.14's

AE1 designs were simple but pretty cool.
they couldn't keep it like that forever, even Kakeru in AE2 had an updated design

I think Big Missions changed him too but i wish they stopped at BM

If a new Ape Escape (main series of course) was being made, what would you want in it?

I would want all the 4 protagonists from the trilogy as playable characters with different abilities and such.

I want to be the little girl again.
And I want some new fuckin gadgets.

You sure love Yumi

who doesn't

No one and i usually prefer the shotas but that's just me.

And moments like this

youtube.com/watch?v=qBQBI8aOZMA

What if it is a PSVR exclusive?

NEVER!

Anyway, wjahat's your opinion on the anime?

I heard it only had like 2 seasons by the way

stupider than buying it for bloodborne

They could at least had some things that would make it different like new minigames or some costumes or a better VA fro Spike

If they're gonna be porting any games, I want Ape Escape 2001 and Million Monkeys, since those don't have english versions at all, and Pumped and Primed was pretty fun since at least it plays like the main games a bit.

But mostly I just want a fucking Ape Escape 4.

And Big Mission too

So basically trilogy + AE2001, BG and MM

Well I was just talking about the games that don't have english versions. If we're counting the trilogy and those spinoffs, we've gotta count Pumped and Primed.

The ones that are just pure minigame collections with no gadgets and shit can fuck themselves though.

I also noticed how the ones we mentioned have the human characters like Spike in them, i thought it was mandatory considering he was like to the series what the trainers are to Pokemon

Yeah, good point. The human characters are important. I suppose Ape Quest and Racing aren't minigame collections, but they're still not the same.

That said I still want to play them. But Racing was Japan only and Ape Quest was some retarded episodic shit and downloadable only, and I didn't have time to figure out how to buy it while getting jewed as little as possible.

The Ape Escape spin offs without the humans reminds me of the Rayman Rabbid spin offs

Maybe if Sony actually bothered to release most of them outside Japan they could have had some of that sweet, sweet rabbids money.

Why the fuck was the localization on the Ape Escape series so weird? When games do get released outside Japan, which is only like half the time, they get different dubs with different names in NA as opposed to PAL? What were they thinking? They just like wasting money?