Infinite Warfare: What would honestly impress you?

What would Infinity Ward need to do to make you buy Infinite Warfare, and not just for COD4 Remastered? How good would it need to be, Holla Forums? What kind of game would it need to become?

Even if this game were literally perfect the damage is already done, isn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

cod7blackops.com/multiplayer-maps/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They would need to give me dubs

Advanced Warfare but not fucking broken.
Genuinely, if the PC port of it is actually decent I'll be happy to get it for fucking about with casual friends.
Sadly, CoD hasn't had a good PC release in years

Make it Shattered Horizon 2.

It's cool that you can select missions in any order from your bridge and there's no load screens between planning/take-off/mission/return but at the same time the missions are still the same scripted linear fare.

Working PC version. I kinda liked Black Ops 3 and AW on console because they actually are relatively fast and fun to play, but PC versions were instant refunds on my end.

I'm gonna try it. looks fun in a summer blockbuster kind of way

A campaign longer than two hours.
More spaceship shenanigans. Particularly, more spaceship shenanigans without VR bullshit.
Not make it 100GB+ because "oh noes pirates! :("

I don't get this at all. I have meh internet but I can wait a day or two for it to download

Remove regen health, remove 2 weapon limit, bump up health so you don't die in a half second, faster movement speed, make ironsights optional (no accuracy increase), no instakill melee, dedicated servers, mod support, good optimization, lots of PC options like FoV slider, Dinosaurs.

An engine upgrade from the current Frankenstein shitter they currently use.

"make it a different game" would have sufficed.

They think pirates are whiny kids that want everything and fast instead of people that just don't want to pay for shit games (and usually very patient when it comes to having free stuff).

Destructible environment

Some ISPs, especially in Canada, has monthly data limits.

$40 Canadian gets you shit speed and only 125 GB a month with Rogers (shit ISP, shit company.)

use all the money they hive to fund paramilitary companies that wipe the world clean of niggers and muslims once and for all.

user, Holla Forums is three page down
You don't need to be edgy here

Freeroam the space ship anytime you like. Make the space flight/space dog fighting sections of the game free roam and not on rails. Give it an Ace Combat in space feel in a way I think. Just no Ass Horizon.

Make the PC version the best version with a shit ton of graphics options and game settings like FOV sliders, etc. Make sure it is insanely optimized.

Long campaign with very little scripted events. Keep them for the beginning and end of the level/map with maybe one in the middle in a few missions for story purposes. There should be a lot more freedom in how you want to do the campaign.

Lots of mods support along with more in game customization.

From what I saw at E3 at the Sony press conference, it actually looked cool and interesting, just I know the PC version would be gimped to shit.

If they really want to make a good COD game, they should just make a race war game where you go full 1488 and shoot niggers and jews while blasting Moon Man songs to make America great again. Carry at least 3 fire arm weapons too.

Here in Finland I pay for monthly speed and no cap on data. Even mobile contracts received free slow internet a year or two back.
Which makes me mad that there is data cap in much more 'developed' countries.

Sorry family, not everyone has several 4TB hard drives lying around for huge video games.

If the missions were more open ended I would already pirate it plus this

Delete old games and install new?
I seriously do not see a problem here. I have about 2TB on my desktop total anyways

It would impress me if it managed to repulse all the codkiddies away, tries to have fun with it's material instead of being OSCAR MIKE OORAH COPY THAT DEPLOYING SOME BULLSHIT MILITARY TOOL OR WEAPON OUT OF MY ASS-fest, has zero-gravity deathmatch, employs vehicles in multiplayer instead of just having them as one-off setpieces.
All while retaining the near perfect control scheme (Press F to pay respects notwithstanding) that kept me playing pirated modern warfare 2 multiplayer for so long.

Oh and it would honestly impress me if they had the balls to remove their now-signature progression system all together today.

maybe if you stop shilling it this hard I wouldn't hate it as much as I do now.

There's nothing IW could realistically do that would make me want to buy another Cawadooty game.

1 shit modern game
vs
first 4 generations of vidya in their entirety
vs
some good games from the good days

I dunno, fam. That Denuvo firewall sure seems to make my game a lot safer too. I don't think I want pirates to steal my games from me!

I had my fill of boring FPS cod games back when cod was decent. maybe if they move on the a new fucking ip

Do not even pretend to be retarded. It's past being funny for a while now

But I want to fit in, user-kun-fam-smh!

Take what was decent about black ops 2 and expand it. Branching story, good amount of customization and some replayability, no respawning enemies, skippable cutscenes, story with the right mix of attempted seriousness and indulged stupidity. Actual space combat that isn't on rails or a single use setpiece. Varied weaponry, maybe even a tiny attempt to add actual depth to the gunplay itself. A good port.

a call of duty game had that?

The damage is already done. Like the Xbone reveal.

Absolutely nothing.
It's CoD, it's still the same game it's been for years with a new coat of paint.
The robots are hot though

You better believe it brother.

Hmm.. what else… i have no idea what the fuck this game is, probably another shitty cowadooty corridor-shootan for casuals and Holla Forumsermin with no taste so fuck it you asked what would make me consider buyin it so you got it

DUDE WEED LMAO
UDE EED MAO
DE ED AO
E E O

WEED
E
E
D

LMAO
M
A
O

Does anybody on this board even like this shitty series?

It's CoDwith godfights in space, zero G combat a grapple hook and whatever else to make it too hard for casuals

this was only for one black ops game. they stopped doing it right after. and hasn't been done again

Blops 1 was fun.
Blops 2 was a step in the right direction.
Blops 3 was starting to get into the fun department plus mod tools now.
I really hope IW will be fun in all fronts because I am getting tired of playing the same games over and over again…

Not make it CoD. No matter how many gimmicks you slap on it it's still the same boring core most of us dislike.

And no matter how many shilling threads you make you won't get anyone to buy this thing.

They'll never be actual good FPS games with challenge and mechanical depth just by series design, they have the potential to be a fun popcorn shooter, but usually fail to achieve that. You run around, you admire the absurd setpieces, you shoot waves of weak enemies, you fuck around with weapons, you move forward. A fun distraction, especially for normalfags. If Black Ops 2 had skippable cutscenes and more clear optional challenges (completing challenges unlocks new weapons), then it would have fully succeeded in its goals.

Yeah, which is why I want it back.

Now I want to see a game with interplanetary diety fights, something like Asura's Wrath but with more gameplay. Sounds a lot more interesting than what CoD is selling.

I still do since it's one of the few series of games that keeps pro government and doesn't go off with trying to justify faggots with their ideological rebellion while making the government look like this evil entity and instead sends you off to kill them to put some order to the world. This one does the same thing with colonist that think because they have the resources that feeds earth they can get away with acting like they can strong arm earth.

I like some of what I've seen but the game would just need to rely less on heavily scripting the missions and leading the player around by the nose. But that would mean a lot more work and cut into their quick-churn release schedule, I guess.

So I'm going through this and I'm getting a Deus Ex:HR vibe here: all these characters that die or survive only affect the final .bik file, right? Does it change the gameplay in any significant way? Do you fight alongside these characters and they have some abilities that may prove useful or gamealtering?

checked
biggest case of "buyers remorse" in my life

High TTK
more projectile weapons
actual balance
some sandbox levels in the SP
fast movement like AW

I'd pay real money for it if they did all those things or even most of them

I think it does, although I'll admit I haven't replayed it. You fight alongside your buddy Harper, so I imagine him being dead would change a bit. Same with how the battleship assault would play out.

Do you play nothing but Quake on instagib?

I dropped Black Ops 3 the second I heard supply drops were coming back from AW. Worst part about both of those games easy, and everyone fucking abhors it.

It was a major step in the right direction after MW2. MW2 was a very camping oriented game with a lot of camping spots, unbalanced perks, and laser like weapons. Treyarch took this into account and made the game rush oriented by adding proper lanes and camping spots that can be assaulted from multiple angles. They also tweaked the weapons to have more recoil as to make close quarters the preferred method of combat. Sniping was also very balanced, with hardly any of that quickscoping autism that purveys these games.
Kino and 5 are also the best default zombie maps period.

AW was slow as fuck with jarring boost movements that Call of Duty was never balanced around. Black Ops 3 handled it better by having more speed shit and dynamic boost handling, supply drops ruined both of these games. (and hero shit in BO3)

CoD desperately needs a TTK that isn't "who shot first" friendly. More mobility too.

You misinterpreted the meaning of TTK, it stands for "Time to Kill" and a high TTK means it takes a lot of bullets to kill someone, unlike all of the COD games so far.

It was slow compared to something like Quake 3, but as far as the COD games go it's the fastest one I've played (I didn't play BLOPS3). I thought the movement system was pretty original but the maps were not made with it in mind, the stuff they added to BLOPS3 looked cool though, I hope all of that makes it into AW.

Yeah I fucked up

that actually looks like a proper video game

HA! This might actually be a good game

I haven't bought a CoD since MW2 since I was already sick of the formula by then, though I think I did play through the campaign for Blops 1 when my brother bought it. I'd consider getting Infinite Warfare if the space ship portions have good gameplay variety and aren't just tiny gimmick segments like the space ship segment in Halo Reach was.

I can't wait to pirate it and see. Seems like they're getting desperate now that they know they're losing customers to a myriad of other shitty games.

Reach should have had space dogfighting MP. And a non lore rape story.

Did they ever bring back Infected the way it was in MW3?
What happened to demolition?

Sadly I highly doubt even one bullet point here will come true. It wouldn't be Cawadoody as we know it.

Everything but those last two.
RILEY A SHIT!
A SHIT!

I think it's worth noting that IW ate Raven before Cash Hawk 5 dropped. They made the only good thing about Ghosts (Extinction) and have some actual talent.

you mean the only good feature ever added to these games?

black ops was really fun when it came out for me. not really now. black ops 2 was better but still felt boring in a way. bo3 is ok. I can't stand online. when are these fuckers gonna get dedicated servers? I remember hearing about it nonstop when they were shilling it.

I played Black Ops when it came out and I was pretty surprised at how boring it was compared to Modern Warfare 2. It was like playing more of the same, but with slightly cooler equipment and maps that lacked the charisma of MW2. In part I attribute this to a shift towards brownism and desaturation of colors.

People always praise Black Ops, even normalfags, but it was one of the most boring games I played on the Xbox. It was like MW2, but worse in every aspect.

I also tried Black Ops 2 at my cousin's home and it seems much better than the first, but I am a bit wary about Cowadoody ever since.

Yeah… This is all objectively wrong.
What fucking charisma do you speak off? MW2 was one of the most generic souless incomplete fucking games ever, and started the trend of no server browser on PC. Not to mention brown and desaturated as fuck.
Also fucking wrong, see

I don't know where you get off saying the browner, more generic, laser weapon using, broken/buggy, unbalanced campers game with crappy story, and no zombies could ever be the better game.

Stop the shilling.

For me to buy it they would have to go full illuminati,icke,timetravel,play as hitler,climbing mountains on the moon,m night shymalan dinosaurs,ayy lmao,exorcist, 2001 a space odysee,astral travel, MAGA

How so? It had about the same amount of maps and weapons as Black Ops. It's far for incomplete.

As for its quality, MW2 had some great maps, such as Terminal, Quarry, Sub Base, Favela or Invasion. They were designed around map features and hot points, which encouraged control of certain points. You may call it "camping spots", but except for some specific places, they were far from infallible and had weak spots. It's not like Cawadoody is a game that encourages fast gameplay like Quake, it's pretty much the opposite of that, so I don't get why you enjoy people aimlessly running around and make it a game of checking who has the bigger shotgun and highest camera sensivity.

But Black Ops? All I can remember are corridors and more corridors, and Nuketown: Normalfag's Choice. MW2 was very explicit in its inclusion of closed and open areas which opened room for different playstyles depending on where are you located, but BOps was pretty much about closed spaces.

Wrong. Terminal, Favela and State had fairly varied colors. The rest of maps were more monochromatic, but they still used more vivid colors than BOps. The only colorful BOps map was Nuketown, and that's because it's supposed to look fake unlike the rest of the "dark and mature such as myself" theme of the rest of the game.

It became generic after everyone started copying it.

It's a staple of the franchise. BOps didn't fix laser guided bullets. This is one of Battlefield's gimmicks.

Maybe it was poorly optimized for PC, but it worked well in consoles.

As opposed to what, BOps' "running with snipers"?

I will admit Reznov was a badass, but come on, who the fuck plays Cawodoody of all things for the story.

While having less features is a bad thing, I don't think it's such a big deal, specially considering I fucking hated zombies mode and everything it represents. It's every normalfag's favourite gamemode, by the way.

As much as I think the whole boost-jumpan wanna-be Titanfall shit is fucking gay, here's what I really want Mr. (((Activision))) shill-kun.

No more fucking supply drops or supply drop-gated weapons

Supply drops are the most cancerous fucking thing you niggers ever introduced. It was horrible in Advanced Warfare since some of the objectively best weapon variants and even best guns in the whole fucking game are supply drop gated. Now in Black Cocks 3, you somehow managed to fuck shit up again. We have weapons all walled off by supply drops. The two best secondaries in the game, (A close range instakill "Fuck You" button shotgun pistol, and an instakill crossbow that can be dual wielded with a retarded fast fire rate) are supply drop gated. This wouldn't be so bad if the weapons didn't have such a fucking retardedly low drop rate. Weapons drop at the same rate that legendary camos or even fucking knife reskins drop. Meaning that it would take nearly 60+ or even a hundred+ IRL dollars of gambling those fucking boxes to get one, and you might not even get one, instead getting to drown in endless fucking taunts, terrible weapon camos, and shitty decals. This is made all the more infuriating by the fact that even if you do get lucky and win one of the unbalanced, untested shitsticks you moneythirsty kikes release, you don't get any fucking value out of it. Call of Duty games have very short life cycles. By the time people get truly "rich" with good weapons and cosmetics, the next Caac of Dood is already announced. Games like CS:GAY and Hat Cuckshed 2 can get away with this, because those games are long lasting. People get their money's worth because people will still be playing them for several more years to come. These fucking guns we have to shell out hundreds of denars for arent worth dick because the game will be basically dead in the span of two years. People paid 400+ moneys for all of those knife reskins, all of those weapon drops that had no fucking business being supply drop gated to begin with, and all of those camos, only get to "enjoy" them for two years tops. After that they'll move on the the next Call of Duty game or whatever game replaces it when Infinite Dislikes inevitably tanks the franchise and all of those camos they paid shekels for are all for waste.

There you go (((Activision))) shill. That is what it would take for me to ignore the faggoty space/future crap that has been done more times than your mother when your dad isn't home, the fact that this not a boots on the ground game and instead another Titanfall wanna-be with Exo-thrusting boost fapping wall grind gaem, the fact that this shit will be so unoptimized on PC that fucking 3 instances of Crysis 5: Hyper-Realistic Grass Edition running simultaneously would be less performance intensive than Infinite Faggotry's main menu, and the fact that you not only gated the CoD4 remaster (the game people actually wanted and have been asking for since Ghosts) behind a preorder, but aren't even shipping the complete fucking game to boot. If I don't see a box that I must pay shekel to open, or weapons that can only be obtained from the aforementioned boxes, i will consider giving your fruityass space game a chance.

modern warfare 2 was the first call of duty game to start gimping your health and designing the perks around op combos instead of balancing. you could mix perks you couldnt before to the point that things got ridiculous, where you could have fast reload, more hp, and no fall damage all at once. compare that to world at war, where the perks were like….. you could hold your breath longer while aiming, or you could sprint slightly further.

combine that with an increase in powerful close range weapons like akimbo models that everyone used when the game came out, and what happened was the way people played the games shifted a lot. the atmosphere and any kind of slow, plodding strategy went entirely out the window. i think people forget that world at war was a pretty slow game all things considered, it even had vehicle combat and in a lot of respects was more similar to battlefield than what people think of as call of duty. but modern warfare 2 had to appeal to the lowest common denominator, everything had to be more twitchy and reaction-based, and that trend has continued to this day and morphed into the adhd cancer that the games are now.

World at War was really fun when you got games with the majority of people using bolt actions or semi autos but it was just as shitty as any of the others when people were just running around with smgs and BARs.

I am not saying MW2 was a good game, because it wasn't not terrible either, but that's not what I am trying to get at. I am just saying it was funnier than BOps.

It's true the game had some balance issues, and in some cases they were very serious (like infinite noobstick mortar), but since it was so generalized it just made the game crazier, which in my opinion gave it some charm. I'm not sure about you, but some small details made MW2 feel like it wasn't taking itself as seriously as the rest of the game made you think, such as how the announcer voices were almost cartoony due to how stereotypical this was (and it was much worse in my language's dub; it almost felt like playing a parody).

Space Nazis

Holy fuck this shitty formatting. Are we going to have to deal with this all Summer?
Because it was rushed out and never patched you moron, they never fixed the influx of cheaters and crappy glitches like the Javalin suicide bomber glitch while the game was still relevant. Not to mention the pioneer of Season passes.
Grey and bland textures everywhere. Shit map design.
BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN
White and garbage map design.
Camping: The Game
You've seriously got to be fucking kidding me on this, it's so brown and boring.
Also brown filtered to shit.
No, they were spots niggers and kids would sit in the whole match and shoot people in the back or from across the map because the weapons had zero recoil. That's camping, the most boring and lazy playstyle in existence and the epitome of why people abhor CoD. How fucking shitty do you have to be at vidya to defend this sluggish skilless shit.
Wew

Ok, you so never played Black Ops and you're lying to me, got it.
Long range galore with interiors connecting the lanes.
Snowy with interesting design and allows for all weapons to be usable.
Large
CQB heavy
Large rubbled city, 3 story buildings, fantastic spots for pushing
Mixed combat variety, probably the shittiest of the examples I've listed.
Literally the best map in the game. Felt like a military firing range.
Best objective gameplay in the game.
Seriously just looking at the map layouts makes you look like a colossal idiot. cod7blackops.com/multiplayer-maps/

Wrong. Nuketown, Villa, Jungle, and Firing Range all had decent color pallets.
Are you aware of this year called 2007? And how many generic sprint'n'shoots were coming out before and around this time?
The fact that you think I'm talking about hitscan (which is shit) and not recoil, really shows how dense you are.
They never patched most of this shit either because IW was gutted shortly after by Activision.
Snipers were slow and cumbersome as fuck in Black Ops, but you wouldn't know since you obviously never played or used them. MW2 was the game that coined and popularized quick scoping among the community. Probably the best example of balanced snipers in the entire series.
The majority of people that would buy CoD in the past never even connected to multiplayer online once. They sell millions of copies, but even the peak player counts for online play never match the amount of copies sold. Only the minority play for Online. I was surprised too.
Why?
Yeah they also bought CoD every year at full price while I bought at $15 or less. What's your point? Because they like it, it's bad? You must hate a lot of good games user.
Zombies is one of the few examples among CoD fans of any semblance of taste(however low.) They all prefer it to the shitty Spec Ops modes.

I bet you love Bethesda games too normalfag.

Would not bang. Or purchase.

holy fuck that base design is inefficient
worst base ever

Just get rid progression.
What ever this cancer touches, it just spreads and adds new symptoms.

What I liked was that a lot of the "story choices" were actually performance based. That "Karma" section is actually a chase sequence, where you can reasonably kill him before the scripted sequence ends.

FYI this guy keeps spamming threads whenever he sees someone format their post with multiple lines, or with spaces between paragraphs

they cant do anything
but it's day 1 pirate tho

Blops 1 was the one that got me off the CoD kick.

Weapons felt very weak, with terrible range.

Zombies was a disaster. This is when the emphasis switched from running from a train of zombies while shooting until they die, to "press x at three hundred different locations to unlock easter egg necessary for survival."

The multiplayer maps were boring, and introduced nuketown.

The weapons had "terrible range" because they actually had recoil instead of being lasers.
And the easter egg autism was a major issue in BlOps2. The first game's maps, especially Kino, were easy as fuck to train on. The Easter eggs were just there for fun & story like song related and the film tapes.

It would need to be an actual game instead of a movie. Which it won't be

Playing as space nazis come back to lay the smack down on World for it's bullshittery and modernism

That would be pretty fucking awesome.

Painfully scripted "events" which make the player feel like they are simply on a rollacoaster, Even more so because it's Call of duty [press X] to pay respects etc etc.

It feels like that because that's what it is. There's a part on MW2 (a game that is fucking awful in every way) where you're supposed to drive a car but the car is actually driving itself. Just hold forwards and watch as your character frantically steers everywhere.