Stranger Of Sword City

This is a great dungeon crawler with custom portraits and shit, I love it.
Post teams.

Other urls found in this thread:

kat.cr/stranger-of-sword-city-t12729232.html
igg-games.com/stranger-of-sword-city-free-download.html
skidrowreloaded.com/stranger-of-sword-city-skidrow/
a.pomf.cat/jojocc.png
a.pomf.cat/bwdwjr.png
a.pomf.cat/rrjhye.png
a.pomf.cat/tdlqez.png
mega.nz/#!7B4iBL7J!V9plIhqryeEOH6CHWbFtA-Ol-EcihXv5kzhhJ08GwP0
steamcommunity.com/app/409890/discussions/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Got a download?

kat.cr/stranger-of-sword-city-t12729232.html

Congratulations. Anyone can find a torrent.
Anyone got a download?

Fucking dumbass.
igg-games.com/stranger-of-sword-city-free-download.html
skidrowreloaded.com/stranger-of-sword-city-skidrow/

Anyone can find a download you fucking retard.

Well done subservant manlet.

Download. Please. Anyone can find that. Anyone available to bring me a PC with the game already installed?

Good little bitchboi.

You get to watch.

I'm fucking you next.

Well, on topic–

I got 6 heal rings, feeling comfy..

is it possible to change the menu fonts?

reposting beginners guide from oldthread:

Snake girl is a cleric, Chen and Ebola are wizards, Trump is a tanky knight, Pepsiman is a warrior, and plague doctor is a Samurai.
I used to have CIA as my cleric but he died. Plague doctor is a shitty drawing I did.

Nigga wtf are you doing?

Also, reminder that if an unit falls in battle during your early game, it's probably best to just reload your last save, you will either have to wait a long ass time whitout the character in your party or spend much more money than you can possibly have at the start. If you save often enough, loading will probably be a much easier process.

It's best to save reviving and restoring at the lobby for late game, when you have loads of cash, since you don't really need to spend it in anything other than class change.

How could you allow that to happen?

He didn't fly so good.

nigga wtf are you doing

TOP WEWSTRA

How important is it to minmax like in ?

Like, can I just sort of screw around and see what works, or is this a full-autismo grindfest where a mistake in your character from 70 levels ago can fuck you over 10 hours later?

So long as you don't put PIE(piety) or INT(intelligence) points in your non-magical classes you're good tbh.
If you git gud a bit you can minimize grinding a lot too, sometimes even making it be null.

Nah, I didn't go for the high age for main char for max stats beacuse of role playing as an old man would suck. Didn't roll a lot, my main character had only 7 bonus points, blind and undecisive, I got a point in each stat, the remaining ones in luck. Don't have a hard time with him.
There is a stat cap based on your character's race, it's starting stat plus 20 I think, so humans can only reach 29 in each stat, considering you can get to lvl 99, you'll have bonus stats to spare even with a shitty start.

The original version doesn't. The custom portraits thing isn't something special, it's not even a gimmick or something. It's as special as modding any other game.

Are you playing the original version or the one that specially allows you to use custom portraits?

also

The cap rise 30 every NG+

Weird, if you level too much on your first playthrough you end up with a bad build on the second, then? Looks like bad design to me.
Do the max level go beyond 99?

Changing class takes half of your levels

But does not allow you to re-spec and can only be done 5 times.
I agree that grinding that much for it to be a problem would be absurd, but it is a possibility.
If you reach a level when the next stat gain is going to be wasted on a bad stat and plan on going on NG+, you have to keep changing classes or else you mess up your build. That is, if you somehow know about this cap extension thing beforehand… Doesn't seem right to me.

kek

also
nigga stop embarassing yourself

nice spoonfeeding faggot

Where is the guide for doing custom portraits reasonably well?
I want to make my party of skeletons a reality.

Basically just make the background transparent and apply a slight blur to the edges of your pictures so that white lines don't show up in game.
I can teach you how to apply the blur if you've gimp

I've gimp.
Teach me, oh great master.

select background
ctrl + i
select > shrink > 1 pix
ctrl + i
filters > blur > gaussian blur

Welcome to dungeon crawlers where planing is part of the game
Also you could just make new characters, the game has a permadeath mechanics you aren't suppose to stick with one party forever

It's specially an ingame tool, even though you have to edit your images specially in 3rd party programs, and have to specially place them (not specially replace any special file from the special game) in a specially designated folder, there's an option in game to specially upload from the special folder and another to specially use them, totally apart from the usual, not special original ones.

I don't mind planning stuff ahead, but it would be easier to plan that if the game granted you that knowledge before shit hitting the fan. Good thing I heard about it before here, don't give a shit about minmaxing(my characters had a starting class, second class then returned to the originals, waste of a class slot there but whatever), and don't plan on playing on NG+.
Permadeath and creating new party members are a great fix for messing up, but the main character is fucked forever if you mess him up.

I guess the fire rose

Should have just tried getting everyone to share their custom portraits.

I just made a rance

A skeleton crashed him with no survivors.

He was a big guy, for you and me.

There was a link to a bunch of portraits cuckchan gathered.
I don't have it though, but maybe you can find it?

KYS

post portaits

Take this lesson from the Barotrauma threads: don't steal cuckchan content; those faggots throw in all the shit with the rare bit of good stuff.

Here's one some guy made for me in the last thread.

most of these are in-house cropped, so there might be artifacts here and there

a man of supreme taste

this one's got artifacts out the ass, make sure you clean it up before you use it

I never used those, just commenting that it exists.
They probably didn't make any, just gathered all they could find, shit and gold alike. Better than nothing I guess…

Here's the Guts I made and posted in the first thread.

made these next two on request, don't kill me

i apologize for everything, spoilering this one

Even if that one was a request, you still deserve death.

Suicide is always an option user

this one is really messy but the base image was sorta fucked, clean it up before you use it

here's some brown to atone for my sins

You can tell the truth, no one will judge you for wanting your waifu on your party.
REALLY, DUDE!?

i didn't post my waifu, only one i didn't provide mainly because her proportions are fucked in relativity to everybody else, but here you go

A man of honor, I might as well post my own waifu too. Why such a weird picture of Raven, though?

notice the thick lines around here – easy to remove, crop, and isolate her for transparency. And no waifu of mine is going to go into game with fucking artifacts and i'm not great at photoshop

Photoshop doesn't respect your freedom, use gimp.

That's going to be fucking hell

Don't do it.
It isn't worth it, trust me.

i meant her, not here. i'm not cropping that one and i don't want it cropped, which is why i cropped the other picture. responding to Hsien-Ko user.

free speech was a mistake
-Hotwheels-

I mean… I could do it, just careful use of clone tool. The art is kind of shit anyway, though, which makes it not really worth the effort.

This game looks really dope, but isn't it a catalyst for a lot of bad fan fiction? Though I doubt that anything made by this would be as bad as that crash bandicoot fic that has been making it's rounds around here. Also, are these character images that are being posted here made manually, or from the game? Because either or, they still look pretty good. Except you Tracer-dash, go in the corner where you belong.

You can roleplay your party however you want, or even not roleplay it at all, so eh, who cares?
The images are all made by hand, you just grab one of the templates that the game provides and modify it.

Maybe if you're the kind of autist that can't keep your personal headcanon in your head and off the Internet.
Though considering the genre, it's a wonder it hasn't already happened.

You get to LIVE your own bad fanfiction.
It can even fit in the game's own canon, since the strangers are people from different worlds that end up in this one changing themselves a bit in the process.

these are all made manually for importing into the game. you can choose to roleplay it or not depending on how autistic you are.
the lore of the game, strangely enough, makes all of these posted characters viable in the context of SSC's canon believe it or not

Is Paul Blart: Mall Cop the Demonbane of memes?

Huh, it's pretty cool when games are able to explain stuff like that. Like project x-zone. 

So did NIS America butcher this game in any way?

So is there anything special I have to do with images to make them show up in the game? You just drop them into the numbered "PICTUREGATE" folders I take it?

And there's four for each, right? Do they have to be specific resolutions?

The button prompts are meant for generic gamepads.
Besides that, no.

They need to dropped into the folders PICTUREGATE\01,PICTUREGATE\02, and etc.Each numbered folder takes 4 pictures of specific resolutions each(all pictures in this thread are properly named + have the right resolution).
Then you go into the options menu in-game, click the file extension, select the folder number and click upload.

Yes, look at the pictures ITT
also it has a very specific transparency thing.

they should be the resolutions posted here or in the templates. otherwise, all you need to do after dropping these files in the PICTUREGATE folders is open up the option menu, go to the next page, select the character numbers you want to import, the file extension (most here are .png for transparency) and click 'upload' for each character number. Hopefully that'll make sense

Here's one I made. I posted it in the first thread but now I got around to fix it and it works just fine.

Alright, thanks for the heads up. I saw all the pictures in the thread but I wasn't quite sure what special steps you had to take to make them show up.

Is it possible to change character portraits after you've made them, or am I stuck with defaults for the rest of the game?

Second option menu to upload the ones you put in the folders

I think you can change.

NIS didn't translate it, the only involvement they have is publishing it

Thanks, I didn't even notice multiple pages of option menus.
Now to find an image of my waifu that will work

Here's a shitty job I did for someone in case he didn't get it before the last thread died.

This one too.

How the fuck does that work? I know for a fact I've been playing for less than 3 hours.

Trying to upload characters, but when I go to upload them, the character number option is stuck on 1. I'm assuming that it corresponds to the folders that have pictures, but I have other folders filled too. Am I wrong? Or should I keep uploading more characters, the character number be dammed?

Hover you mouse over the number thing and try pressing the arrows\s\d\q\e

Thanks user. Sorry for asking a dumb question. Seems obvious now.

user,
How does dual wield work? My samarui started with 2 weapons but seems to take a penalty with it anyways and I got something called a master's dagger that should "allow" dual wield but regardless still seems to display a dual wield penalty.

q.q

I don't for sure either, but the penalty seems to depend on your class.
For example, my samurai gets a penalty of 44%, while my Dancer only gets a loss of 11%.
Either way, dool weld > one weld unless you're a tank and need a shield, or you've got a highly damaging 2hander

I found a master's dagger that requires 10 agility, could it be that high agility reduces dual wield penalty?

I disagree. Only dual wield when you have a subweapon that can inflict conditions or give you better range, or both.

The damage that you get from dual wielding isn't high enough to justify a def drop from a shield most of the time.

It could be like this but I can't say for 100% sure.
But I do know that my samurai has like 10 agi while my dancer has 22, so maybe?

Only knights and clerics\wizards benefit from shields.
Although fighters could use a high tier Gillian's shield too.

Hey, any tips for custom portraits? Having no problem making the background transparent, I'm going full fucking retard when it comes to getting the pics to fit inside the allowed space without looking like utter shit.

Any help would be appreciated. Using GIMP, by the way.

Really? Other classes don't get the def boost?

They do get the def boost, it just ain't worth it.
Also, look at in this way.
Only Fighter\Knight\Cleric\Wizard can use the shield without multiclassing.
Only Knight,Cleric and Wiz will ever benefit from the shield because they aren't meant to do damage with their weapons anyways.

Agility reduces the dual wield penalty. I think the cap is 25.

So I just got these grinding the first dungeon, I got a master's dagger with the same special. No idea what the really means though, afaik all my melee can dual wield just with penalties.

ok

You need a skill to dool weld shit, most fighters classes get it in their first few levels though.

That's dumb. It's just a few points more of damage if it isn't a condition-inflicting weapon, so why not slap a shield which may mean the difference between life and death instead?

Trust me, a few points of damage can matter when you use a skill that hits 7 times.
Also, rarely if ever will your non-knights get phys damaged if you're using the knight's taunt.

theory crafting..
so, knights and warriors can use shields but samurai cannot, putting a point in agility on my samurai lowered my dual wield penalty, but looking stat screen i'm thinking.. why not max strength first and use the single best weapon i can find. unless you have two comparable weapons dual doesn't even seem worth it even without a shield.

The only character who should use shields is your knight. Everyone else is a DPSbot or utility. That's the way of the world, user.

Because 2H weapons are terrible in this game. There is value in taking skills from other classes to equip different weapon types, but it is about equipping more damaging one-handers (axes, swords, instead of katanas or light blades, etc), not eschewing dual wield altogether.

53 hours into the Vita version. I've just run into Georgios and got wiped in 3 turns. I guess I need more time before I tackle that problem. But i'm enjoying it so far. It's a good balance of brutality and comfy, especially in places like the Forest or Sea.

same as my group but i did samurai in slot3.

which begs the question.. how about those ninjas and dancers n shit?

Haven't tried any of them. This party has worked so far without major issue. I've got a Ranger and a Wizard I swap out when I need spares.

Absolutely haram.

Worked so far. I'm not rocking the boat unless i'm absolutely sure, especially now I have a Soul Dragon and a Traitor to beat.

The game is not balanced to be difficult even if you don't optimize, something I keep telling people but apparently they don't believe me. You can probably beat the game with nothing but knights.

why can't i find an underwear chest?
-.-

It has it's moments of sudden difficulty but all it takes is a bit of strategy and in-battle timing. I'm sure i'll be fine, i'm in this for the roleplay not the gameplay.

How is the ninja class and why is it for advanced players only?

Ninja is ok as a multiclass for samurai and maybe others, but SHIT as standalone.
Dancer is great as both standalone and multiclass, it can deal lots of damage, double as a healer\buffer and inflict status depending on your weapons too.

Imagine if concentration was RNG.
that's the ninja.

Black Palace and below is where I had the most luck.

I think ive found the most underwear chests in the orc village in the M.O Forest

Dancers:

Ninja:

Meant fighter. Comparing Star Step to Genocide, they both do about the same overall damage, but Genocide can hit different targets and won't be "wasted" if the selected target dies before it ends.

Fug, I also got Cicada Shell mixed up. Cicada Shell is a ninja passive that gives a small chance (higher when defending) to completely negate an attack's damage. They also get a much earlier passive that increases avoid, so a fantastic choice for a knight multiclass later on.

Knight + Fighter + Ninja is my tank. It's really nice.

Man, I wish this wasn't the only colored Guoh picture I had on hand, but it turned out alright.

literally what

Well, at least I didn't see this an hour into the game.

wow, i grind the outside MoM for like 8 hours gearing everyone up in +3/+4 items and getting my main to level 6, as soon as I step downstairs I get raped like a bitch.

Knowing when to run away is part of the game.

i have failed

I'd help you, but I'm still trying to make portraits.

I wish you luck, user.

game was localizend by NISA
how is the censorship in this shit?

I don't know how much of the story is cut or whatever.

But you can make a team of nothing but naked monster girls with the custom portrait stuff. So there's that

disregard my post, I kinda suck cocks I guess

you don't put the images in the userdata folder, you put the images in the PICTUREGATE folder. the images are the wrong size however, and I don't care enough to resize them especially since i basically just wanted to make a party of monstergirl sluts, and the default portraits are pretty fuckin lewd as it is

post them

Yo, not that user, but I'll post monster girls. I just need an excuse

Where is the picturegate folder supposed to be? I don't have one

pic related

here's a few. these are the default portraits selectable at character creation

What am I doing wrong?

Why isn't Trump in your party? Is he recovering life points?

I have no idea man. of all of the custom portraits in this thread, only worked out of the box for me. All the rest said they were the wrong size and once I realized that I could have my party of Hitler and a bunch of big-titted animu sluts I decided that was good enough

I redownloaded it. It had the picturegate folder. Turns out the names needed to be 01, 02 ect. not Img01, Img02.

It's not a hard job to resize these, particularly since they're already transparent. Just drag them over the default portrait as another layer and resize accordingly, then use

Do it for them.

I mean, I'd do it, but those aren't even as good as Chesire.

man why the fuck are there only 3 classes?

8*~?

Do you have a Female Fighter or Male Slayer by chance?

Slayer? Do you mean character portraits?

Yeah. If you don't have any more DFO related portraits don't mind it then.

None of those are DFO, they're from Granblue Fantasy.

If you can find some pngs with transparency I might give it a shot though.

No no. The characters i mentioned and your portrait are all from DFO.
Also i couldn't find a transparent high quality picture of female fighter so have a tiny male striker instead.

I can work with the slayer but that fighter will be as ugly as shit because it'll be blurry and cut off.

Posting plane scene characters

How many custom portraits can I have in this game?

Up to 16

the fucking meme portraits are just kill

I can probably make better portraits for Moonman but I guess this works.

Does dragon fist only last for a turn?

bump

Any tips on how to kill the butterflies on the ambush spot on the mausoleum of the sea?

bump

Posting some portraits I made.
First, is the only truly appropriate MC from another game. Alaska? Antarctica? They're basically the same, right?

Extra images are the source image, in case you like the portrait, but think you can do a better job.

Smug catgirl samurai.

By the way, searching "simple_background sword/armor/whatever" into a booru does wonders for good pictures.

>Smug catgirl foxgirl samurai.
My apologies.

If anyone wants some portraits making, I'm willing to volunteer. I might have to turn you down if the background is too complicated, but I'll try.

Gondola portrait is needed

Where's Masketta Man?

Fabulous.

Goddamit, I hate myself for not thinking of this earlier.

I want to gas all the filthy niggers who did memeshit and anime faggotry in this thread.

Can you try to do Benny G? Also, if you have Trump from the previous thread or Ebola-chan, can you please post them?

have you seen the default portraits ingame? lots of anime faggotry

noiceee :DDDDDDDDD

If you post a picture, I can meme all day give it a go.
Unfortunately, I do not. They're not in that 4chan pack, either.

I play with the realistic NPC portraits and have a party full of anime grills. Does this agitate you?

This.
At least use a matching set.

Inferno Cop or Isaac, whoever you prefer, please.

Forgot Inferno Cop's image.

What's a Russian gunship doing here?

Either or

Some people become Strangers, some become monsters.
Some become Russian killing machines.

Divinity skill Charge (no X Charge) or Assassination if you have a Ninja.

Cool. Let's see if pomf.cat is blocked on Holla Forums.

a.pomf.cat/jojocc.png
a.pomf.cat/bwdwjr.png
a.pomf.cat/rrjhye.png
a.pomf.cat/tdlqez.png

Nice.

Are they weak to any element though?
My ninja's assassination deals piss poor damage.

Oh, also Holy Weapon or MagicWeapon.I don't remember which one.

do an apache

This one came out really well.

Thanks dude. It came out kinda messy, but it looks alright in game.

There are no apaches in stranger of sword city.

So is this a Rogue-like or is it more like Etrian Odyssey where it's just a grindfest?

It's a dungeon crawler, grind is optional unless you do something retarded like a party of 6 wizards.
Also

Actually, I take that back. The white around the hair looks worse than I thought. That's what I get for rushing, I guess.
It should look fine in game, though.

So, wich are the classes?

Try this user

It's magic weapon, I just tried it out.
I wasn't managing to kill them because I wasn't carrying a wizard.

Talking about wizards.
What's a good class to multi-class into a wizard?

Yuno was a shitty knight for me I hope she's better for you

Either or please

How do you get through that without grinding? I remember turn order being completely out of whack to the point where it was possible for 1 monster to attack twice before I could heal a target. I also remember the taunt skill being very unreliable.

If you guys ever need more portrait fodder, pop by /tg/ and look for a "Character Art" thread, or request one.

They've not vidya or anime related. But you can get some cool shit.

Thanks man, now I can use best grampa

Were you playing EO1?
I've only ever played 2 and 3, so I can't really say how grindy it is.However, in the whole series there are some enemies which you simply aren't meant to beat your first time through the area.

ur welcome
I made a slightly better version.

Same here.

Also, if you want a better quality image of the first one, I think Pathfinder reprinted the quest she's in, and did nicer artwork for it.

But don't actually buy Pathfinder stuff, it's SJW now.

Ya the first one. Every enemy on the second level was like that.

Eh, EO1 is the shittest one in the series, don't know why someone reccomended that to you, it doesn't even has multiclassing.
If you're still up for some EO you should try 3.However I can understand if you don't want to go back to it.
The gameplay of stranger of sword city is not unlike EO's gameplay, except it has a perma-death mechanic.
And, as I said before, grinding is optional(at least so far for me, I'm like 20-25 hours in)

I tried the demo for the first 3DS one, is it OK to skip straight to 2/3, or should I read wikis for story?

Sageing since I'm off topic.

Anyone capable of making a portrait for this guy?

Story really doesn't matter, I started with 3 myself and it seems like every single one of them is a standalone story.

I can't find a decent pic for Josuke. Here's Kenshiro, though.

Less animu version.

Here's the only good one I could find.

I tried, but its too small and blurry/jpg'd. Here's as far as I got before I gave up.

Thank you so much!

Here's the kobold too, because why not?

Is that how BenG looks like inside?

Does agi increase avoid?

what other games are like this?

preferably something with dozens of classes

In wich aspect, the dungeon crawling or the character creation?

a dungeon crawler with an immersive world, extensive character creation is nice too

user, if you're using photoshop, can you tell me how did you do that dissolve effect or whatever on Kenshiro's arm in both second pics?
even if you use something else tell me anyway, worst case scenario i'll download the program you're using just to do that

The fade comes from these templates: mega.nz/#!7B4iBL7J!V9plIhqryeEOH6CHWbFtA-Ol-EcihXv5kzhhJ08GwP0
This isn't the original link, but they the same files that were posted last thread (or was it the thread before?).
Otherwise, I'm just using photoshop to make them.

First game like this that comes to mind is Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land on PS2. Not sure if it fits what you're looking for, though.

why does this game go from level enemies in the first area to level 10 enemies in the second area with xp sucking so bad in the first area you want to kill yourself after six hours in area 1 at level 6-ish.

seriously.

fuck i mean..

grinding enemies in area one for six hours - level 6.

move to area 2 (area 1 is fucking small) everything is suited for level 10 parties and so easy to die.

suxor

You don't need a level 10 party for all level 10 enemies. Fuck, you don't even need a level 10 party for most level 21 enemies. If you're having trouble with that shit you probably should just git gud

DO AN APACHE

On that note: how are you meant to read enemy levels? I can beat lvl 15 enemies with a full lv 8 party with ease. Where's the logic?

Different enemies have different growth potential. Some will still be perfectly beatable at a low level, even if they're level 31, simply because it's a weak enemy. Others will fuck your shit up even if your level is higher than theirs. Even others are weak normally but get pretty fucking strong on higher levels and spawn randomly amongst their lower level kin. It's a pretty interesting system.

Oh, fair enough. I came across some orcs that stomped my shit and noticed they were like lv 30.
I still don't really understand why certain levels are attributed to certain monsters, but I guess you work out the strengths of enemies by comparing them relatively? But also take in account of the enemy type?
It's just a guideline, rather than any straight formula.

I like it though, don't get me wrong, I just wondered if there were any rules to it.

Uaaah! user-senpai~!

Pls spoiler that this is a Rotortian board with young Attack Helicoptersexuals.

Apaches are pure, user. Nothing lewd here.

and we're off to a good start

Let's say I multiclass a Fighter into Knight at LV10. If the character levels up beyond 10 again, does he also learn any Fighter skills he hasn't gotten to yet?

Of course not you jolly african american

It's simple. All you need is a png with transparency and then you open up one of the default portraits, scale it roughly to size judging by the head size, then do

and copypaste the layer onto the other sizes.

EZ

I mean the first dungeon is suited for level 1-3 after level 4 their is absolutely no difficulity in any ambush, but you can grind out gear and shit until level 6. (at which point xp is moving so fucking slow you want to kill yourself RL)

But down the stairs all that shit seems like it is suited for level 10 parties. Huge groups of much higher level enemies.

I'm not talking about the NPC levels.

and I think that fucking sucks I really haven't gone back to it after partial wipes 3 times down there with a full strength party.

I despise the system because it means levels don't tell you jack shit. It's trial and error as to whether you should fight or run like a bitch. There's a level 30-ish hydra in the first area that even a level 5 party can fuck up, but the level 15 skeletons can one-shot even level 10+ characters. In a game with permadeath mechanics, that's inexcusable.

meant to quote

So what do you guys do when a character dies? Reload a save? Suck it up and roll up a new character while waiting out the 9+ in-game days? I'm fucking around a bit and leveling a Ninja since my Samurai ate shit on, you guessed it, the skeletons of MoM.

Is it just me or are Wizards particularly shit at low levels, at least as far as offensive spellcasting goes? My Wizard basically gets debuff duty on harder fights, flings damage spells at enemy casters (for much less damage than my bowman) and otherwise sits there guarding because her MP reserves are garbage even with good stats.

Wizards just seem to be magic weapon spammers and buffers with soul blast for cheap mobbing and dualcasting for bossing.

They might get better when they get more levels, I dunno.

As for when someone dies, I just reload a save. It's not worth it.

Alright so I tried this with a random image and when I try to upload it it says the image size is incorrect.

What's that about? Here's the portraits I tried to make.

Weird, the dimensions are right, it should work.

I figure I'll ask now just to be sure: Can you remove the MC from the party at any point? If so, how late do I get that option?

If he's a permanent slot, I'll go for the slow-burn on his class-change path. Don't want to regret my life choices come lategame.

You can't remove him ever.

Sheeeeeeeit.
Slow burn on the build it is. Have we figured out if you're capped at 4 reclasses total or if the menu only shows the 5 most recent classes?

You're capped at 5 reclasses.
Reclassing isn't even good until like 20-30 hours in, and there are some classes which you probably shouldn't reclass during your first playthrough(like your knight or your cleric)

My MC is a Knight, I planned on reclassing him to Ninja to boost his evasion and going from there.

If you only get +1 skill slot (at level 13) per class and you start with two slots… how the hell do you hit the cap of 16?

I tried making a couple portrait sets.

Anyone got the patience to do this guy?

can you only add in 16 custom portraits? I figure you could add in more

I can't seem to get those blurred edges to work. I'm probably doing something wrong. I don't see anything wrong without them in-game though, so whatever.

Oh god my autism.

Just tried it, works for me.

Got a Felicia one?

nah

Weird.

At this point I'm spending more time cleaning up/making custom portraits than actually playing the game.

He has to bring the light of propane

I am seriously expressing you do all the characters and a propane tank and ladybird pls pls

Now you gotta do the other characters and do a playthrough with a KotH party.

snib snab

So I can make a party full of these guys?

Yes.

Nothing wrong with reclassing knight. My knight was a Knight/Fighter/Ninja, was fucking great. Multiclassing is pretty straightforward since you can look at your class's upcoming skills. If you have nothing left in your current class that will contribute to tanking, it's pretty obvious it's time to multiclass.

(Although in Knight's case, that's probably level 21 for Secret Defense.)

Wizards are some of the best damage in the game eventually, too bad they suck up MP like a crackwhore at that point. Wizard + Cleric for the "regen MP every few steps" passive is probably the ultimate nuker, just takes a while to get there. Once you get Master Cast (3x spell a turn) and the nuclear bomb spell they are walking gods, the only problem is the MP.

I want to fuck that elf.

I love this party so much

Do you RP that hitler is fucking all the cat ladies?

I'll post a few ones I've done. Some of them I cheated a little on making the edges acceptable in game by using blur to mask the white parts, since I didn't want to play the pixel hunting game for an hour in Paint.net or GIMP

First, a Viera Knight

Second, generic brown elf woman, could probably pass as dancer, cleric, or wizard.

Third, demon nun Who used to be a male priest based off the source art and universe

Fourth, eastern-stylized nun with a fan Not originally a male, as far as I know, but go ahead and imagine whatever the fuck you want, I don't give a shit

sure, why not? probably just one or two though. he's a busy man

Fifth, not-so-cheesecake female soldier with spear and shield. I actually like both realistic and fan-service designs, and I get a little bit of a kick imagining one normally armored adventurer traveling with a bunch of skimpily-dressed battlesluts, and vice versa and on occasion also imagining said armored adventurer eventually being corrupted to the ways of wandering murderhobo sluttery

As a heads-up, these two I haven't yet applied a glow to, so the edges are still rough. If anybody else has a better solution then the blur, feel free to mess with these. I'll upload the blurred edge versions later.

Edge-blurred versions. Fan nun here.

Female soldier here.

Requesting Sword-tan and Dhampir from anyone kind enough to do them, because I tried making them myself and remembered that I'm fucking garbage at editing. I couldn't even get a blur filter to look right. Aliasing kills me.

Looks great. Thanks for the cleric, user.

Are you using gimp?
If yes, I can teach you how to blur.

Photoshop, because I already had a "free" copy and I was too lazy to switch
Mainly because I'm super bad at anything art-related and only have it to begin with because it offers broader shitposting opportunities than MS Paint

You already gave that lesson m8.

You should get gimp, it's free as in freedom and super easy to use.

It's like you don't even understand the basics of open source

Is there a plugin that automates the process to AAA videogame-tier? Because if I get an user input whatsoever I'll find a way to fuck it up.

But in all seriousness, thanks for offering to show me, but anything art related is out of my league.

Are you literally retarded?
It's like, 5 button presses, you can't fuck that up.

Is that a challenge?

Yeah.

This is the only one that came out looking decent

Here, have my attempt. I'll do Dhampir in a bit.

Do you have a picture of Dhampir that isn't a thumbnail? The natural size of that image up there is 294x600, and while I can scale it up, it won't look as good.

Fuck you video games. Why her? Why always the best girl?

Does something happen to robo-loli?

Tried to search for a larger Dhampir picture, couldn't find any. Deleted a missed section of transparency in between the locks of hair. Here you go.

Robo-loli? You mean Alm aka Bane-chan? Not yet. I'm talking about Anna.

fug

How does XP work for non-main-party members? If I make a level 1 will it catch a level 5 main character? Does it level faster in the adventuring group? The creation message is a bit vague.

Yes, like 2 times more faster.

One last set for the night, of Tharja.

Actually, one last set tonight, for real this time.

this is nice, princess tier

Okay, one more, really.

Pretty. I think I just found my new knight.

Made more idolshit.

The portraits look kinda bad, but they were the best quality pictures I could quickly work with.

when will the "turned away" image be used? seems like that isn't useful.

This might be uncool but Steam has a ton of posts about this game and considering how little I know about the game and how little information is available I consider it a good find. (For example a custom portrait thread)

steamcommunity.com/app/409890/discussions/

Next thread when? I'll post more of my characters there

Be the change you want to see user.

It's an aesthetic choice.

Oh my fucking god user at least fucking put the left facing girls on the right and vice versa

could also flip images to make them all face right.
lol

Thanks a ton, user.

new bread