Will they make a Fallout game with the FO4 engine?

Will they make a Fallout game with the FO4 engine?

New Vegas was the worst Fallout game yet. Obsidian could never make as good of a Fallout game as Bethesda.

The Fallout 4 engine is the same engine as all the other Fallout games they've made, and Elder Scroll games they've made. It's not a separate engine.

And no, Bethesda won't let someone else show them up again like they did with New Vegas.

New Vegas was heh by the studio's standards, and Obsidian has been cucked to hell since then. Even if they had any chance to do a new one, you're fucking delusional for wishing for it.

Well yeah they've been building on the same code base so you're right, but it's not the same engine as it was before. You shitlord.

It was way better than their usual shit.

Nnnnnnnnnope.

If I install and update for my OS, it doesn't make it a new OS.

Your old shit will have compatibility problems and you'd need to wait for developers to update their apps.

/thread

This is now an OpenMW shilling thread.

So whats the end goal with openmw? How will they know when theyre done?

Right, just like how Call of Duty builds "new" engines with every game release. Give me a break.

Make an open source version of Morrowind engine with its own expanded editor. Better loading times and overall performance without Bethesda's technical and legal restrictions.

Play Alpha Protocol and tell me to my face faction simulator 2010 - Babby's first grey moral area edition was good, nigger.

LOL no, Bethesda gave Obsidian like a year to make New Vegas with no GECK support and little advertising, probably hoping to buy out Obsidian once they bankrupted after missing too many development milestones.

And Obsidian released an unfinished game with multiple crashes and BoD, and STILL showed up Bethesda.

No way Bethesdas going to risk being made to look like retards again.

Keep those cucked idiots that are currently obsidian away from fallout. They would sneak propaganda everywhere. Either give the rights to inxile or let the franchise die with fo4.

Fallout died with fo3

*Fallout Tactics

obsidian only worked with bethesda the first time because they were about to go bust

next time, they will probably choose to go bust, cue the bethesda publishing scummer stories (CoC, prey, id, arkane etc.)

It's Gamebryo. The same engine Morrowind ran on.

"FO4 engine"

It's just gamebryoken, isn't it?

You know… I think I've been tainted by the casualness, mostly because I find the vault building DLC interesting.

It is a shame the game looks SO shitty I don't even want to bother piracing it.

Also, no Loverslab mods yet, right?

From what I've heard FO4 is more restrictive in terms of what one can mod than the previous Bethesda games.

Oh, that's a shame. I just wanted to build bases without the game crashing every five minutes.

>Bethesda game
>Not crashing every 5 minutes

New Vegas was loads better than Alpha Protocol.
Alpha Protocol is a shit game. It's broken and buggy. It's also the best implementation of "choice and consequence (TM)" since Deus Ex.
It's worth playing to see how they make it work. It's not worth playing as an entertainment experience.

They already did. New Vegas.

Didnt they rebrand it into a "creation engine" or such shit during Skyrim?

Yep.
Modders saw right through that bullshit because it's the same thing.

Yes.
To be fair, I think they did make a lot of under-the-hood changes. But it's still basically just a heavily modified Gamebryo.

Obsidian is dead and lost, all good people have left.

The LL-admin is currently working on a Sexlab-version for Fallout 4.

No, but Bethesda will make another one in the Fallout 4 engine called Fallout 5 and then they will remaster Fallout 4 in the Fallout 5 engine.

I would have made a better fallout game with the FO4 engine;

What he said

So you want New Vegas?

I prefer new vegas over fo4 yes

1) I don' know if its the same engine or not
2) I don't really care either way

That said the old editing software recognizing the files means fuck all you could take any random file rename it to have the proper extension and the editing software would "recognize" the files, that still doesn't mean it can open or edit them.

He actually did open the file in that video, though. It wasn't just a matter of filename extension.

That would explain why Morrowind crashes less on my PC than Oblivion and Skyrim.

It's because the engine in its current form was probably hastily put together to keep it running on newer hardware and software. Until they do a proper job with maintenance, the stability will continue to decrease.

Crapthesda's garbage does not count as real Fallout because it's not top-down and turn-based.

I really want to play the old Fallout games but I keep getting disinterested in old games for some reason.

It will seem like a good idea to play Deus Ex again or even something like Mario RPG, but I end up crapping out. Will Fallout 1&2 hold my interest?

Impossible to know, since even you don't know what causes you to quit.

I'm not asking what causes me to quit, I'm asking if fo1&2 are noteworthy enough to break it.

Basically would you only recommend them for nostalgia, or do they still stand well on their own>

I know. But if you don't know what it is, there's no way to know what will break it. Fallout 1 and 2 are great, but so are the other games you mentioned.

Just wait for Tale of Three Wastelands, its in the works and they're gathering a team.

Why?

Dynamic lighting
Better gunplay

Juts go play an FPS that isn't shit.

Hard to come by.

No, I want to play Fallout New Vegas with good gunplay and dynamic lighting, I want my cake and to eat it too, go fuck yourself.

I dont see how thats even remotely possible. Theyre on two different engines. Sure its an upgraded engine to be different, but if it were that minor, they wouldnt have such issues porting morrowind to skyrim engine and such.

They're really gonna make both game's on the new engine? I can understand making fo3 on nv since they can reuse most assets, but this is something else

But outside the gunplay everything about FO4 is a step back. There aren't even skills.

Honestly I can see the appeal of the perks system instead of skills, but it was executed wrong. You can't really front them for it since other games that Holla Forums loves that are also RPGs have done this like Diablo 2 and DMoMM

You mean gamebryo?

Just having perk points is acceptable, you can still have skill checks based on perks you have, thats all skill points are used for anyway. Not everything that works on pen and paper is optimal for video games.

Skill points were originally used for dice roll modifiers anyway, which don't exist in video games.

Funny, the more vidya rpgs strayed from pen & paper ones the worse they got.

What?

After bethesda fucking them over and most of the staff who worked on NV leaving? probably not.

And yet Avellone became so cucked he joined them on Prey.

The only thing that continues to exist in video games is critical rolls

Not fucking pinnacles of vidya rpgs, that's for sure.
Could've sworn D:OS and Wasteland 2 had more but what do I know, I don't think Witcher 2 is a great rpg.

When you have something to say, hola at me.

Deus Ex and Dark Messiah aren't RPGs, they're FPS games with a few RPG mechanics.

Daily reminder

It would work if they port the FO3/NV assets forward to FO4 probably.

I'll never understand this idiocy, the fucking founder of Bethesda went and made Zenimax as well. Bethesda and Zenimax are one and the same.

Bethesda is known to be an abusive company to be contracted to work for, this is nothing new.

just gonna post this here

Thats not hitboxes, thats a collision mesh, the guy who does those is Todds friend from college who is garbage at pretty much everything but still gets work somehow. Every game he works on needs a collision mesh fix because he fucks it up on the export.

Also found this

what about this

Damn

i laff erry tiem

What the hell are you shooting at? Ants? And I don't mean the guys from Fallout 3 or new vegas I mean actual ants?

Or what in God's name are you testing here?

You can open and fuck around with it though. Morrowind editor doesn't have many of the flags that FO4 has, so there will be errors.

That is how the ending got spoiled so fast right?

progs

I highly doubt it.
And even if they did, they're past their prime now.

A man can dream.

New Vegas was a decent game despite the shitty engine, because the writing was good and it resembled an actual RPG much more so than Bethesdas disjointed mess.

FO4 engine is nothing but Gamebryo with eyecandy added to it. It's the same basic engine they've used since Oblivion.

The same case is with COD, they've been using the Quake III engine all along, just polishing it with post processing effects from one iteration to the next. That's why every game feels the same, because it IS the same game.

The explanation? Jews too greedy to buy a new engine or to pay licencing fee to use a modern engine like UE4.

"If I coat this turd with a thin layer of gold paint, the goyim will never know it's a turd. They'll lap it up, just like last year".

So you're eating the same turd every time, just with a fancier layer of paint each time.

Again Obsidian made a great game despite all of this, because back then, before the SJW crap rotted them from the inside, they knew good writing and how to craft an actual game.

Zenimax almost killed Obsidian last time and they're still gonna come crawling back because there's nobody left there but retards. Zenimax will finally bleed them dry, force them to fire the last sane man they have, and put them to work on a game shitting all over everything they've ever made in the name of spiting them for having gotten away once.

It's FLOSS, user. Part of the idea of that is so that it can continue to be expanded on forever. In any case, the current milestone is, obviously, a feature complete reimplementation of Morrowind and its construction kit - just the construction kit now, really.

This is why normalfags need to be shot.

Sad but true.

There is literally no point to ever getting attached to a series anymore. Everything just gets continually worse, and the market isn't shifting any time soon.

RIP Halo, Fable, TES, Fallout, Battlefield, Mass Effect, etc…

Hopefully Bannerlord and Kingdom Come are good.

It's not the same.

It's the same engine.

Windows XP and Windows XP with the service packs are both Windows XP.

I didn't know how much I wanted this until now

And here's one of them

I don't know how they've gotten away with this shit for three fucking games.

Collision mesh on the tree is abysmally large.
God knows how many times I've peaked around cover to take a shot just to hit an invisible barrier in front of me. It can absolutely fuck you if you play with a damage increasing mod.

I'd rather see inXile handle the license instead. Because maybe then we'd finally see Van Buren in a finished state

This is terrible. And to think that most people blindly praise bethesda and elevate them as the savior of gaming or similiar shit is even more terrible.

I feel the Fo4 Power Armour was the one thing they nailed completely aside from all the other shit

Lorewise you don't need to change the fusion core.

Eh. I like that it's almost a sort of vehicle. It makes power armor feel more powerful and distinct. But I don't like that it requires fusion cores. That makes it tedious and mostly useless, unless you've stockpiled a bunch of them.
The best way to do it would be to keep it as a vehicle-like thing, but remove the need for fuel and make it a late-game reward (as is usual in Fallout).

See this:
Also, isn't the power life of a fusion core really long anyway? We're talking about a power supply that's longer than the life of a human here.

You're right, thanks

It's implementation was also flawed I think, you get it within half an hour of gameplay.

Shut up faggots

You're lucky if you get one of the most basic 3d models in fallout 4 to open in morrowinds editor without it crashing, none of you would actually know that since you're just pretending to know what you're talking about so you can shittalk about a company that's trying to sell their game to kids and doesn't give a fuck about autistic virgins on image boards.

Most people im seeing who comment on the gamebryo talk like they have an understanding of how the engine works, but when asked in detail what goes wrong you just get "uhhh it's old and buggy it's the same buggy engine and uhhh it's buggy sometimes it crashes uhhh"

You think being able to open a 3d model in an older version of a fucking model editor is showing that bethesda haven't changed the engine much?

I think you just don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

It's even worse than that they tried to do them the same way they did id and Arkane.

They played their game of missing milestones to put them in their debt then buy them off, except Obsidian was doing a "total conversion" mod of Fallout 3, ergo they were mostly just developing content, so they could cut content and make their (impossible) deadlines (which isn't possible if you make a brand new game).

Then you have the full Bethesda/Zenimax montage which is frankly one of the weirdest thing that exist, Zenimax being essentially some kind of pool for investment but which only assets is actually Bethesda, which is a publisher, but both own different dev studios… who work together.
Frankly it reeks of fiscal fraud or planned bankruptcy…

Bethesda is not worse than EA, but they're on the level…

Alpha Protocol's gameplay was leaps and bounds above New Vegas's. Anything built on Fallout 3 was doomed to be irredeemable trash, and New Vegas was no exception.

That's not what people are saying, mr autiste.

The core engine is the same, but cosmetic changes have been made. Muh volumetric lighting, "god rays" and whatever else they advertise.

The core mechanics are still the same.

Which is why it's still a clunky mess, because gamebryo moves the map under the players feet. This is why they can't have multiplayer in their games. Literally.

They are too greedy to invest in a new engine that isn't backwards.

There is still moon gravity in FO4. There is no way they are too retarded to fix that, unless it's an engine problem, which it is, because that problem has persisted since Oblivion.

I really hope if Obsidian does end up making another Fallout game, it's NOT on Bethesda's latest iteration of Gamebryo.

You know. Its worse when you are actually trying to build a game with more than 100 mods.

Too many weapon/armor mods cause this:
1. If amount of keywords exceeds the specific number the game won't display the ones that were loaded last. This includes items, weapons, armors and settlement objects. Keyword mods don't fix this shit, they only increase the number, but not really that much.
Too many texture/sound mods cause this:
2. If you have too much loose files installed, such as textures, models and sounds, game starts loading sounds slower.
3. This shit also causes textures not loading fast enough, everything becomes blurry as fuck, and game loads for 10 minutes or more.
Extreme amount of texture mods cause this:
4. If you really went above 100 big ass 4k texture mods you are probably going to get my favorite bug. When not only textures stop to load, but the entire ground of the game disappears right from your feet, buildings stop loading, enemies disappear and game becomes empty abyss of blurry shit.

Include to the list of bugs those things:
-Increasing fps above 60 causes the entire engine to speed up
-Some crafting/interface mods can cause random freezes after few minutes of playing the game, i still haven't found out what the issue with them, but its related to interface bugs in 157 version of the game
-enemies start acting retarded, and don't shoot the player or delay their reaction if there's more than 50 enemies at the same time on the screen, skyrim could handle much more
-AI also shits itself if there's too much loose texture mods

The only way to install thousands of new textures in this shit is by repacking them into game's own ba2 files, which is tedious. Mods like "Resurrection", that change almost all environment textures, can only be played alone, without any more mods.

The game in general has boring, retarded cringeworthy story and shit voice acting, which makes you bored and tired and makes you wish you were playing Stalker or New Vegas instead.

Stay away from this shit. Just understand that you have autism if you believe you can mod it. Or OCD, i don't know. You need to understand that YOU CAN'T MOD IT.

Found the Bethesda employee.
You're probably right, but you're still a faggot.

Isn't the speed at which the game loads tied with fps?

I'm actually amazed they managed to do something like that.

The entire game manages to amaze me how retarded developers are, and people who say that its a quality product.

currently running 320+ mods and don't have any problems. i'm not saying the game is good (it is pure shit), it just sounds like you're really bad at installing mods

Who gives a shit anymore?

List all your mods and the version of your game.

They actually are. Core windows components have changed very little over the decades.

Holy fucking shit. Framerate-dependent physics are bad. Framerate-dependent loading?

framerate is tied to a lot of shit in that game

if your fps is too high, your character can get physically stuck in computer terminals when you try to access them

Oh god. What have i stumped upon.

Oh god, I can confirm this is how shit goes.

>One day he tells me the guys who are going to be processing the test data can't into SFTP because they don't have a library for it.
Conversation went like this:
"What do you mean 'no library for it'? It's SSH/SFTP, it's one of the most widely deployed and open protocols for secure data transfer to and from servers!"
"Well, he told me he can't do it."
"What language is he using?"

"C#."

"Turns out they definitely want FTP, just set up an FTP server for them, son…"
Picture related, my face when I heard this guy who's not a software guy but still writing source code for this project on the side can't even install a C# library for downloading files over SFTP. At that point I told my dad to put a word in and hire me, but he never did. Only now did I realize that the guy was either a lazy fuck who wanted us to do the 'heavy lifting' or simply because he thought "FTP is easier for me, I'll just tell 'em to use FTP because lol fuck it." or some shit.

Mind you that these people work at an undisclosed tech-oriented university in the western world. Mind you that this project is supposed to perform contracted R&D to eventually produce consumer-oriented products.
Doesn't help that the project is probably gonna produce some IoT bullshit that'll end up malfunctioning and on the twitter feed of @InternetOfShit

A reason to go on a killing spree.

so what is Chris doing these days?

webm that shit, nigger.

Apparently, working with the enemy.

Look its another SJW dev sulking thread where all sources are reddit.

Pretty sure Bethesda doesn't give a flying fuck who makes what, so long as they reap the profits. It's that Emil faggot who's been driving away most of their talent by being an egotistical and insufferable douche, but people keep buying and praising their games, so none of the higher-ups think it's a problem.

If one good thing comes out of Fallout 4, it may be that it's story was so bad that even normalfags are starting to bitch about it, and they'll finally shitcan Emil.

Whether or not the series will be better off or not is irrelevant at this point. I just want to see him burn, for the sake of seeing him burn.

But he worked on Thief.

Not just the story, the drones are butthurt the game forces them into a role, and forces voice acting on them, on top of the game being a shallow turd.

And isn't Emil responsible for all the abysmal writing in FO3 and Skyrim?

Yup. He started writing for Bethesda, I think, with the Bloodmoon expansion for Morrowind, and by the end of Oblivion - he had driven off all the other writers and creative talent at Bethesda. Since then he's been the main writer and quest planner for FO3, Skyrim, and FO4.

Just goes to show what a shitshow Bethesda really is, when they keep such a talentless hack (even by vidya standards) around.

Then again, the Toddler keeps around a lot of his buttbuddies that have zero talent. I just hope FO4 is the straw that breaks the camel's back in terms of people forgiving Bethesda's bullshit.

You mean the same exact fucking engine they have used for their games for the past 10 years? They haven't made a new engine since Oblivion.

Bethesda are really fucking stingy with their money. Fallout 4 could have been a masterpiece if they just made a new engine. But no, it would cost shekels.

Fallout 4's power armour actually feels a lot like Imp's Powered Power Armor, for NV. Except Imp's is a lot more fleshed out, with under-armor linings, upgrade mods, the ability to refuel from energy weapon ammo (fusion batteries are a lot more economical, and can be recharged).

If you haven't tried it, definitely give it a shot, if you're planning on loading up NV again.

Reminder that Bethesda preferred paying reviewers to avoid paying Obsidian a bonus

Underrated post.

Fallout 4 is for mainstream normalfags. They love this shit. Throw in tens of millions worth of marketing and BAM 15 million sold.

I fucking hate this industry. Back to Suikoden.

Constant attrition, sabotage, milestone messing around, then this:

Is Bethesda/Zenimax going to go purposefully planned bankrupt, choosing this instead of being an actually succesful publisher? If so, why? Why would it be better for them to go bankrupt than, yknow, produce decent games and make lots of money off of that?

that is a completely inaccurate representation of the quality dialogue system in the game, I think something more accurate would be along the lines of:

(all 4 options also result in you buying Fallout, even the "HATE FALLOUT" one)

You could just walk away. But no… that would probably just cause a nigger in a tricone to come up, take your wallet, and throw a copy of the game at you.

Honestly, I fucking ABHORE the animations they use for this design of power armor. Looks like a goddamn cartoon robot straight out of the 50's, mainly the hands fire my autism right up.. That would be fine if they were going for that kind of style, but they aren't.

All attempts to make this file smaller has failed.

The Review literally called FO4 a near perfect game.

Mate just compress the video and audio to shit, all that matters is that you're able to understand what the reviewer is saying.

As the winter draws near the boy leaves behind his innocence and learns what it is to live in a mans world

I'd argue they are. Even at their worst BioWare never made anything as soulless and shit as FO4. We can laugh at them pandering to tumblr, but at least they are trying and making the minimal effort.

Bethesda can't even muster that much energy.

The worst thing that EA has ever done is lower the standards to be considered consumer friendly into using lube.

Whats with Bethesda and the Brotherhood of Steel?

BoS is a shite faction and yet its on both of their Fallouts.

They wanted them to be shitty white knights in 3, cardboard cut-out heroes, and got some fan backlash for it, since the Brotherhood are isolationist assholes with no business outside of the southwest, let alone past Chicago.

It seems they responded to that badly, and so the brotherhood went both full retard and fascist, in a childish "I'm-going-home-and-taking-my-ball-with-me" sort of manner.

As for what they were doing in 3, Bethesda tried very, very hard to shoehorn in a lot of things to show that no, really, Fallout 3 is a REAL Fallout game! There are ghouls, and the story is about providing clean drinking water to a population, and there's supermutants and the BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL OMG.

Fuckin' nonsensical, like "the common emperor scorpion" in Fallout 4. I'm a few hundred miles from Boston, and I gotta tell you, EMPEROR SCORPIONS ARE NOT FUCKING COMMON IN THE NORTHWEST.

But why get new assets when you can just re-use the old ones? Like the ENTIRETY OF THE SOUNDTRACK.

Err, northeast. I need more coffee for this shit.

MGS
you ple as a snek XD

It wasn't a shit faction in FO1. There, they were the descendants of a US military unit, whose main raison d'etre was finding (dangerous) technology and keeping it away from grubby hands until humanity got their shit back together.

They weren't the good guys, in fact, they send you on a suicide mission as a "test" in order to join them, and even after that have you work your ass to make them understand their isolationist, xenophobic stance won't do in the face of the mutant onslaught.

By the time FO2 rolls around they are a shadow of their former self, stretched thin across the state and largely relegated to a relic of the past, the world has moved on, they've gotten their hands on the very technology the BoS tried to keep away from them.

They're certainly nothing like the fucking soulless parody FO3 turned them into. That dude that made the "Why FO3 sucks" video makes a good point that the original developers managed to make the Brotherhood feel alive and distinct with just four characters, they made them feel like their own unique thing, and unique and fitting for the setting they inhabit.

Bethesda's take on the BoS (and the mutants, and the Enclave) is fanfiction shit written by child on his Dungeons and Dragons high.