Give me some action game where either optionally or mandatory, no matter...

Give me some action game where either optionally or mandatory, no matter, I can grind shit AND have some cool combat system.
Something lesser known/obscure/something that doesn't pop up here often.

Shit that I already grinded to its logical limits, and I want something similar:

Games that I tried and didn't like for some reason:
Fuck emulation, fuck consoles, fuck all that subhuman shit, I want PC games
I dunno, it just didn't click. I got bored really quickly.
Well it was cool, but it was just shooter, I want some elaborate melee combat, not just FPS.
For some fucking reason everyone says that it's an action game, but it clearly has WOW combat with fancier animations. Like I rolled away from dude, and somehow still got damage even though his animation didn't touch me? Yeah nah, that's not real time combat.
For some fucking reason game refuses to let me in without proxy, and with proxy it's laggy as shit. Fuck it.

So yeah, give me shit you're grinding that isn't very well known.

You pretty much named them all…

Have you considered ending your sad live on this plane of existence?
Grind is a stupidly lazy mechanic by developers to buff playtime and if you can actually, honestly tell me you enjoy this you're fucking retarded.

Nioh, but its not out yet.

Grinding is fun.
Fuck off.

Does it at least run at 60 fps? I wanted to buy Bloodborne machine, but it turned out it doesn't even run its only game on fucking 60 fps. Like no, just no.

What does PSO2 play like?

why is Warframe such a mess. How do you ruin such a neat concept?

Don't forget, that faggot Baro Ki'teer is here in a few hours. I better not, I still need to grind for ducats tbh.

Here's a question user, why are you still playing Warframe? I'm not ragging on you, I'm curious, do you still find it fun or have you grinded so hard that's all you know or do you still hold hope in your heart that it'll be good or what?

wat the fug :DDD

Oh I forgot, you might want to check out Skyforge if you haven't.

Grinding is only bad if the gameplay gets stale, i.e JRPGs
what. Grinding is just playing the game a shitton

Croixleur Sigma's not too shabby, if you don't mind the sheer weeb factor.

Like a co-op DMC game. It's not as complex as DMC3 or 4, but not as braind-dead as Musou series either. But it's even less difficult than musous unfortunately

Meh whatever, I got everything I wanted from that game. I might get back to it when (and if) they introduce real new content, not just shitty blitzball whatever.

Never heard of it, screenshots look cool.
Thanks mate, games like that is the point of this thread - shit that a lot of people never heard about.

Stop replying to him, he's either a troll or a dude that can't have fun anymore and is butthurt about it.

Oh I remember trying out original Croxwhatever. I didn't like it really.

I wouldn't say no one heard of Skyforge but interest for it wained after the first month.

I can't into webms, so you gotta trust me on word.
Skyforge has ass sliders and ass physics.
Your girl even does ass slap to demonstrate it.

I'm yet get to gameplay, but this alone will probably occupy me for a couple of hours.

Personally, I really hate the combat in Diablo style games, but I do share your wish for more games with leveling/grinding mechanics AND good combat. It's a rare combination, seems like games with good action tend to eschew grind for whatever reason. Like, I'd love the combat of Devil May Cry but in a more non-linear adventure style game format with leveling and stuff. But that doesn't really happen.

However, I'll add a game to your list: Castlevania Curse of Darkness. It's got good combat and grind, I really like it and would say it's tragically overlooked. There's also its predecessor Castlevania Lament of Innocence, which I liked alright, but it's not as good so I wouldn't recommend it as much.

How thick do they go?

After all I decided to play as Aryan deity self-insert. I don't play games for fap after all.
Now I need to somehow come up with a name.

No further than realistic not fat woman could have. You can't really make a loli or some inhuman abomination.
But if you're into thick/muscle girls within borders of non-degeneracy this game got you covered.

I played curse of darkness, I put it into musou games category, because that's what it is.

Reminder that warframe is shit, even by grinding game standards

Grinding and other repetitive tasks are only a necessarily bad thing if the gameplay there isn't good enough to make it enjoyable.

…Is that a bad thing to you? I've never played a musou game. But if they're like Curse of Darkness, maybe I should.

Which is why I always HATE the grind in MMOs, all the ones I've ever tried have gameplay I hate. That terrible type of combat where it's real-time, but you don't really have adequately direct twitch control of your character. And hitting stuff is more about what you're targetting than actual hit detection. That's a deal breaker for me.

Have you tried Age of Wushu, OP?

…user… why… do you… care?
No, it's not. If you liked COD you absolutely should play some musous.

I think I did? Or was some other wushu mmo? The one I tried had shitty combat.

Don't get me started asshole

Kingdom hearts 2 s combat gets better as you grind,especially grinding the drives allows you to jump higher,dodge roll,double jump and glide.

Nigga that ain't ALL musou gamess

You should try playing Ys
True men play on Nightmare only

Well from tutorial this Skyforge feels kinda like Tera combined with musou. Attacks seem to be hitbox based, but you can only attack enemy if it is in your crosshair meaming you can't swing weapon at your leisure. Also everything seem to have cool downs. I'm not sure I like this. I need to test it in real combat.

Well shit, do I really need to play samurai warriors 1, if I played 2, 3 and 4?
Do I need to play DW2-3, if I played 4-8?
Do I need to play shitty "popular franchise warriors" cash grabs if I never watched those animes?
I don't think I should.

Nice dubs, but I have this much tolerance for gay shit, and KH series far surpasses it.

I played Ys. Ramming enemies is not good combat.

I think he means the post Nephatism style games, they leave the bump combat behind.

They're also pretty grindy on higher difficulties because even a single level will make the difference on whether or not you die in one or two hits or can actually deal good damage to the bosses or not

Also there are some AoE attacks in Skyforge but they aren't plenty, if you don't like the start of skyforge I doubt you'd like the rest of it.

Personally i always skip the cutscenes in the disney worlds but as long as you ignore the story you will have a great time.

Why the hate for ellipses? And what's with the sarcasm?

Anyway, I want to know because I always assumed musou games were pretty different from, for example, how Curse of Darkness played. If I'm wrong about that, I should give some different ones another shot.

Also I'm trying to figure out if you're saying Curse of Darkness wasn't good.

Dark Messiah
Dying Light
Dead Island with Fist of the Dead Star mod
MK Shaolin Monks
Shadow Warrior

None of these are particularly grindy, but the combat systems are decent.

Also NEO Scavenger has a pretty intricate combat system, but it's a turn-based game and I get the feeling you're looking for something real time.

No, or at least the demo didn't

It gave two options, one for 1080p/30fps and one for 720p/60fps, but the second one ran closer to 45-50 as far as I could tell

I don't really know about the rest but Ys Origin sounds right up your alley.

You get 3 playstyles so you'll probably like at least one and it can be more or less grindy depending on the difficulty and your skill.

Sometimes shit gives me EYE vibes.

Op I'm only going to tell you not to let someone suggest BDO. It looks flashy and fun at first, but I can tell you're definitely going to want a more engaging combat game. Do you live in some country where Vindictus blocks you?

No, it's not. It's when you make slow, steady progress towards an in-game goal. Things like farming frost badges or valor points for gear in WoW or fighting the same enemies over and over to level up in any RPG are considered grinding. What you're talking about is just putting a lot of time into a game, or a game having a lot of replayability.

As an aside, grinding is different than farming, which is when you get your reward all at once instead of slowly progressing towards it. Getting gear drops in WoW could be considered farming, but it's on a lockout so you can't just do it over and over. Plus that game already uses the word 'farm' to describe content that's been successfully cleared and it really considered progression content anymore. A good example is Monster Hunter, where you either have the Rathian plate or you don't, and you farm them until you get one.

Onechanbara?

Game itself is fine, but I refuse to jump through hoops or deal with handhelds cancer just to play it.

"Played" is a big word. I spent less than 2 hours in it.

It's grind-unfriendly. I mean sure you can set yourself a goal to earn all accessories, but dude there like 10 maps and all girls play virtually the same. You might as well suggest DMC or MGR.

Because I find the moments in-between the grinding fun.
The boss fights are what I like the most about Warfarm, the grinding is what I like the least.

Btw Baro Ki'teer has primed Pressure Point and Primed Fast hands this time around.

Planetside 2

Monster Hunter is what you want though, grinding, possibly with other people through content that is really really fun to play.
It would be nice to have a PC game though…
Oh but wait, there is one, and for being an actuall MMO it ended up with so many shitty shit that people regard it as the worst game in the series.
The new ones are coming on the 3DS, you play it a ton, and when you have grinded everything, a new game gets announced soon, just in time for when you miss the game.
If you really can't get a 3DS or really don't want to play with handheld controllers, just play MHP3rd HD with PPSSPP and wait for Citra for the 3DS ones.

Titan Quest and Grim Dawn.

Haha, no.

Yeah emulator is a miracle, but game itself, HD edition and all, is still a portable piece of shit with terrible camera, ultra small areas and retarded ui.
Just make a proper Monhun already, holy fuck is that so hard?

It's your call, really. The control scheme and resolution aren't the best, but the monhuns there are the best ones for cheer content and gameplay.

And for the emulation:
Just a matter of how you configure your input in the emulator.

Something unrelated to handheld gaming that makes monhun be monhun, even the wii/PS2 releases were like that. The areas are specific arenas for fighting, each designed for unique grounding and interaction between you and the bosses. Also allows for the whole multiple monsters moving around the map at the same time mechanic.

It's ui designed for controllers, just because you can't point and click at stuff and drag and drop shit doesn't mean the ui is bad. I personally prefer browsing through menus with a controller, rather than having to move the mouse all around the screen for every different menu, the controller's cursors automatically selects whatever ui or window you are using, this was great in PSO2, the only downside was using items whitout all those keys.(If you're talking about chatting, then yeah, chatting without a keyboeard is a disaster)

Bayonetta 2 has an absolutely obscene amount of things to unlock including a 9,999,999 halo super sekret final boss. There are ways to min / max certain chapters to grind faster but if you co-op through Tag Climax with a buddy and a dual Wii U setup you can spend a lot of time on the game.

Forgive my faggotry, I glossed over OP's request for PC only and no emulation.

I could've sworn I had never seen this before, but obviously I was wrong.
Any tips for someone just about to get started?

Dragon's Crown.

It's nothing like EYE. It is technofantasy, yes, and have some colossal mechanical structures, but that's about it.
It's more similar to tera, but with better combat.

Shit as straight-forward as you can get. You might look up some tips on unlocking costumes and advanced classes, but otherwise it's simple grindfest in cool setting.

Yeah, I figured as much regarding gameplay. I meant the aesthetics.

Since this is the closest thing to a DD thread up r8 my Hitler?

Go away and take your memes with you.

Yes it is a meme, fuck off.