Yooka Laylee What The Hell?

Did they rip off Anton and Coolpecker?

Since when is 'snake wearing pants' a character trope?

Other urls found in this thread:

playtonicgames.com/learn-from-the-bessst/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ok

It's a Trouser Snake trope.

It's a joke, not a trope.

Erase this meme.

He's wearing pants because otherwise he'd be naked you fucking degenerate. Also this is the second thread to intentionally use the word trope, probably made by the exact same person.

It's a joke trope.

Probably refugees from TVTropes

refugees? did something new happen?

Other than it being a cucked pozz hole? Not that I'm aware of

I follow these games very little and I know this was pointed out here ages ago.

this

no

Reminder that these are the sort of people who use the term "trope" unironically.

"Snake wearing trousers" has long been a joke since its fucking illogical as shit and therefore funny.

Like a wimpy lion, a forgetful elephant, a bat wearing glasses, an overly aggressive small rodent or a fish with a snorkel.

these people need to be shot.

Made it 16 seconds in.

Its pretty much too late at this point.

Holy shit, user. They ripped off the totally original idea of a snake wearing pants!
Pic related was made in 2012, so both of them ripped DA then. Great thread!

It goes really well with A&C's pant snake.

Is glomping not what I thought it was? Because it does not sound like what I thought it was

Hey, did you hear the breaking story about how newton ripped of Leibniz too?

what happened to anton and coolpecker? did they skeedaddle?

The word trope predates tvtropes, underaged faggot

Glomping is when you run up to someone and give him a flying bear hug.

The development team got infested by furries and the people with actual talent left

less a ripoff and more both were so uninspired and generic that they managed to overlap significantly.

The People with actual talent were furries, and people left because no one could agree on anything

Can we gather up all these people in one place so we can just drop a big fat nuke on them?

Hey let's be fair only around half of the artists were actually furries

I was a 3D modeller/rigger/animator but left because of serious health problems irl

ftfy

Was it cancer? Did the game give you cancer?

Are those Banjo's pants in Yooka-Laylee?

Blah blah blah, you are a retard.
Anyway, is A&CP salvageable at all, or is it lost to autism forever? It looked alright.

No, the game had a lot of actual talent pushing behind it and the development plan was solid. We had an amazing musician working with us and our concept artists were putting out some awesome stuff. And yes, despite my previous shitposting even the furries were indeed quite talented and kept their 'interests' out of the game.

But like the other user said, people kept arguing about shit and not a lot could really get done without others criticizing that's not the way they wanted it to be done. But from what I saw the biggest road-block was what I've read others say- Anons working for free on someone else's project doesn't lend a lot of motivation. It's a shame I didn't get the chance to continue working on it since I was getting a lot done of the missing character models/animations. But sometimes life just kicks you hard in the nuts.

sage for shit thread

I wanna fuck that snek

I'd fuck him, honestly.

I'm getting the hots looking at that image.
Gosh.

TITTY TOUCAN.

The thing is OP, Yooka Laylee is actually a game that is completed and coming out soon. Anton and Coolpecker is a cobbled together mess of shit that will not come to fruition.

I can support this as well. Anton has/had alot of good talent behind it and in the beginning the plans did lay down quickly. The problem was arguing and egos. We would have one idea agreed upon then a month later someone decides they want to change that sparking a huge argument between people.

I was project lead on Anton till I left due to things in life. The hardest part about a no budget project is that with money its easier to keep people tied to it. But with no hold over people they may like working on it at first then a month later ask themselves why they're doing this game for free. So keeping people happy and interested was really the only way to make them stay. On the most part it worked as people got along and worked well.

Then I guess the fatigue started setting in when periods without progress would show up.

You remember in the start of the project when we had that guy doing really good animations? Yeah he left to concentrate on school during the first summer of the project and this was before arguments would happen.

Once he was gone I knew we would be fucked for a while. Its near impossible to find someone who will do animation for free especially the quality he did it.

Oh, I think I know who you are user, fellow modeler here!

To be honest user. The only good thing about chan projects is networking. You will find yourself making contacts that will help you with other shit more than the main one.

Also my fallback idea for Anton was just to release all the assets to Holla Forums and you guys just make random levels for it. Let that be the game.

That seems like a good way to get a lot of really shitty levels and just enough really great ones to make it worthwhile.

Anton should have just been a straight forward gameplay focused platformer. If I could redo things I would nix the story or make it minimal, just focus on levels and gameplay. I only say that because if everything was absolutely gameplay focused from the start it would have gone more smoothly. Most first platformer games make story elements secondary to things being made on the game. Its stupid some of the things that got argued about especially when they were only aesthetic crap.

=SNAKES WEARING HUMAN THINGS IS FUNNY BECAUSE THEY ARE BASICALLY TUBES=

Hehehe it is pretty funny

It's a joke.

"Trouser snake"

I bet Grant Kirkhope mad it up himself

June 25th. Or else we'll not be happy campers and heads will roll.

See you all then! Ta Tah!

TROUSER SNAKE YOU UNDERAGE FAGGOT.

Ignoring the obvious "trouser snake" shit everybody has pointed out, Trowzer was the very first side character reveal Playtonic did over 13 months ago.

playtonicgames.com/learn-from-the-bessst/

I've never followed the vaporware known as A&C beyond seeing Mark get BTFO during one of his autistic fits by a former member of their team, but this was never an original thought on their part no matter what way you look at it.

it's only a gag
they get boring quick, but a short laugh is all they need to do

sweater snake is here

Daaaawww it looks so cute and happy.

So is this game actually coming along? Will this be one of the rare Kickstarter projects that actually fucking delivers?

Were you locked in a cryo tube, OP?

Quick, post a snek wearing a conquistador helmet

No, user, because they all left rare and made their own company.

(You)

The snake in that picture's not really wearing the pants so much as they're just hanging off the end of it's tail though.

Internet projects always collapse when people realise competent developers never have to work for free.

TUUUBES

A&CP doesn't appear to be dead as of right now, seems like they're trying to gather programmers and voice actors.

Because Anton and Coolpecker was totally a 100% original idea, right user?

Lol.

Eh? I was under the impression that the reference to Banjo-Kazooie was completely intended, at least to a point where A&CP was still its own game and not just merely a carbon copy.

The difference is that one of the games actually exists, and the other only exists in logo form.

Any snakes wearing bras?

Even if it wasn't, people were sure to remind the team every thread.

Good times

didnt the A&CP devs want their came to come out before yuka so they could bust yuka on the snake?
I seem to remember that from one thread

problematic glasses.

I think they should all be glomped by a noose.