Serious Sam Thread: Where are the mods edition

Serious Sam thread faggots.

What's your favorite SS?

Playing Classic or HD?

Favorite mods?

Is Classics Revolution worth it?

Playing through TSEHD with no reload and quake 3 weapons mod. Fast shooters shouldn't have reload.

I guess Holla Forums isn't serious.

TSE for the levels. BFE for the action.
Yes
Anything with new enemies and serious weapons. The more things I get to kill, the better. The more ways to kill them, the more serious I get.
Yes and no. It helps that croteam essentially endorsed a fan project that can be something serious one day but there's no real rush to get it unless you want to support it.
Sounds like serious fun.

Zakus can't cry

you get classic revolution for free if you own all classic games and it pretty much merges two games into one with improved engine and additional stuff, exactly like when you buy all HD games and TSEHD allows you to play TFE stages

The only problem is that the old mods don't work.

Might replay with mods

TFE + TSE combo is the best. Serious Sam 2 is funny and weird, it would be fine, but I find it unbalanced

I've played HD and Classic, both are fine. Now I'm stuck with old PC, so only Classic is an option.

I'd love to get some good single player mods of serious sam. There was a lot of cool mods of multiplayer back in the day… the original Second Encounter even bundled with a mod called Seriously Warped Deathmatch.

Check out this review of TSE from 2002 (IGN) How did the jurnos change….

oh shit, it's gamespot, i'm retarded.

BUT YOU TOLD ME THERE WOULD BE 4 THIS E3

YOU LIED TO ME

wait wait wait dont go

How is VR not DOA?

Serious Sam Four? You must have misunderstood us, we said Serious Sam VieR!

it probably wasn't ready, either way it's a good sign that Croteam replied to the VR trailer and told people that Serious Sam VR isn't Serious Sam 4, although I do worry that Serious Sam 4 might have early access.

I probably got the most fun overall out of TFE. TSE definitely has better levels and some high points, but in my opinion those four-armed guys who throw homing fireballs sucked and made things less fun. I've never really thought much about modding SS, is there maybe a mod that gets rid of them? That'd make TSE the best.

Also, speaking of mods, I gotta admit that simply having infinite ammo would be fun to try once. I'm assuming there are such mods, right?

It seems like Serious Sam VT will be just slighty updated Serious Sam 3… My guess is that while the whole team works on assets for serious sam 4, few coders started working on VT on the side… Doesn't that make sense ?

i didn't mean to sage.

I wish I could remove Kleers.

They should have put together something to show for SS4 to assist the reception if SSVR.

Even if nothing was playable yet, they could have just done some behind-the-scenes interview crap and given a sense for what kind of direction the game was going to be, maybe some concept art of new locations or enemies.
It was kind of stupid.

They did pretty good interview about SS4 4 moths ago (turn on captions for english subs)

HD fucked up enemy AI and ruined the games

2 is subpar trash

3 is YSOSRSSAM: Modern Warfare crap

4 will be polluted with VR gimmicky fad garbage

As always, the originals are the best.

This is how I know you are not serious.
Go and be a meme-star somewhere else.

Guess where your opinion is going?

seriously disappointing

speaking of serious disappointment

Didn't Serious Sam always have bad mod support? Apparently they even tore proper mod support out entirely in "Classics Revolution" so that they could replace it with a Steam Workshop Approved™ kind of mod support.

Every version of the game has had a version of the serious editor shipped with it.

not only that the "team" was incompetent if I recall

Been playing them for the first time recently and I gotta say TSE is looking to claim that title.
HD.
I haven't tried any mods yet. Any recommendations?
From what I hear the guy who made it is a fuckhead furfag.

TFE
Currently playing HD for the first time, but played classic countless times since it was first released
You should get it for free on Steam if you buy the HD games.