What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Thread over.

Mods, please lock this gem to preserve its quality.

Implying one good game is enough to be called good. If people think about good blizzard games they think about Blizzard North, which was separate company. Until they killed it.

It was never good.

The beginning of the end.

Probably activision and blizzard discovering a big draw of their games were them being fairly accessible.

So they crank that to the max. I watched some guys video about hearthstone or D3 recently and he covers this. It seems that has become the entire focus of blzz games.

On the creative side they gave too much power to people who weren't suited for it. Metzen started out at the bottom of the pyramid doing illustrations for manuals, worked his way up into writing, and then just got all the way to the top where he had creative control over everything and proved that when he has full control games turn out garbage.

On the business side they let some greedy fuck get into a high position around the time of SC2 which led to that being split into three games to be ruined by Metzens writing, the bullshit that was the D3 Auction House, Heroes of the Storm being changed from a tech demo showing off the SC2 engine into a vehicle for selling skins and mounts and characters, Hearthstone prioritizing churning out shitty cards to pad a grind while neglecting retarded bugs and inconsistent interactions that have existed since release, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

They started turning into shit before their acquisition.

Nothing. SC2, D3 after RoS, OW and Hearthstone are all great games

Getting rid of Blizzard North.

What was wrong with the expansions.

Depends who you ask. It's either

WoW. Then they started giving into landwhale demands for whatever the fuck they were bitching about and it ensured they'd never not be shit again.

Look at this shit and tell me:

At one point plebs who couldn't understand the basics of the lore or mechanics became developers and directors.

All I got from this is that Adam Rosser is really upset for some reason.

Did you miss the:
and the answer is

Or did you miss the part where

He's a full max metzen tier pleb. Finally when asked what is his favourite moment he gives a rant about how he brought both audiences(drones and non-drones) together.

Did you miss the:
and the answer is

Or did you miss the part where

He's a full max metzen tier pleb.

I thought metzen was one of the founders?

He started as an artfag. In WC2 he wrote part of the story.
Later on he made the Thrall into an absolute mary sue and introduced the endless cycles of corruption that now plague any remotely evil character.
He made the orcs noble savages who never did anything bad. And this Duncan guy gobbled it up pretty badly.
He rewrites the official script to put more orcs in it and make them good. The garona final scenes are probably his doing.

Metzen was not a founder. Just an artfag who went on to write mary sues and corruption.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely: after hitting the jackpot with Vanilla WOW, there was no way to keep out the jews, which in turn brought in all casuals.

I didn't start smelling secretaries and girlfriends in guilds until The Burning Crusade.

All the good devs left.

hit and run thread, sage + hidden

I can't think of a good Blizzard game

They let in the parasitic scum that have no respect or love for games.

/thread

Counter-sage

Blizzard had no more ideas for directions and started trying to listen to "fans ideas" and got

Fans:We want hard content!!! We want flying mounts on the world!!!
Cataclysm releases
Fans: Game is too hard!!! I quit!!
LFR introduced
Fans: LFR KILLED WOW AND FLYING MOUNTS, NO MORE SOCIAL!!

LOL LETS GET PANDAS
Mist of Pandaria releases
Fans: Pandas are boring!!! I wish I had a legendary!!!
Welfare legendary GET
Fans: LOL EVERYONE HAS A LEGENDARY, ITS NO LONGER LEGENDARY!!!

I want my own player housing, I miss old wow social, PVP, etc
Warlords releases
Oh wait I stopped playing mid mop

They listened to the fans, which in turn caused them to make fanfiction instead of actual games.

CORRUPTED

I think their big problem was like what this user said

Warcraft was originally supposed to be a grimdark universe since it was supposed to just be a Warhammer game, but eventually they strayed off and made their own game since Games Workshop didn't license, but this led them to stray on originally what created the basis of the lore, grimdark.

As time passed WoW has seemingly become about which lovable character can we make and how they'll be impervious to the villains because you the hero!!!

I really wish we'd get some kills that'd fuck over Azeroth and really make it seem we're fighting a chaos god like in Warhammer. I'm really hoping this is what happens in the next expansion because if anything this is the place to do it, they might kill off Sylvannas and Greymane in one go, that's positive thinking and it's probably not going to happen but oh well. If they want to redeem in my eyes now's the time do it, I'm already buying legion for 2 base raids to start off, theymight improve themselves…. right?….. right :(

You are asking for an essay. BC is just when things slowly but surely stared going downhill. Lots of people will say it is the last good part of WoW, but frankly that is where I see the begin of its decline.

It's actually really funny to see how many people parrot that TBC was great, when around TBC release many people complained about
And probably a bunch of other shit that escapes my memory.

but vanilla had attunements too

Not to the level of TBC it didn't. There's a reason why even Blizzard made fun of it on one of their April Fools.

yes but whos decision was it to sell blizzard to activision?

They were trash day 1 don't you deny it

Fuck you, Broodwar was the bomb.

Oh wait, activision. Ignore my post.

Didn't Jay get shuffled away from lead positions?

In any case, they are fucked up because they lost the ability to write, which means there is no studio doing good code and writing in equal measure. They are now into manufacturing adolescent chew toys rather than products of yore. The Act 3 boss chatting shit at you is a good example of the low quality.

nothing.

I was wondering where the hell that 10 Million came from
South Korea truly is the San Francisco of Asia

They've had a rough patch between starcraft 2 and now but with Overwatch they've once again made the best game in the genre they're attempting.

Most popular. Definitely not best.

Vanilla worshipers have rose tinted nostalgia glasses.

Counter-bump

every one who know how to make good game left, and got replaced whit yes mens who don't know what people wanna play.

Better than Boredomborn

Enjoying that Crossfire and LoL? Cant believe the gooks and chinks love that shitty FPS so much

Counter-Strike

That's not an achievement.

Wrath was easiest the shittiest expansion

What about the raids, ICC and Ulduar was the coolest shit

Awful company structure that puts age above competence. See also: Chris Metzen.

Christ the youtube comments annoyed me.
Fucking fanboys man. Apparently unless you're kissing the interviewees ass all the way through you're an asshole entirely.