/lowend/ gaming

post a list of your favorite vydia which is playable on shitty hardware

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_oV80yETeFg
ark.intel.com/products/33910/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-E8400-6M-Cache-3_00-GHz-1333-MHz-FSB#iid=2506
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Almost any game on low settings.

will memeout 4 run on intel hd 3000? of course not

Even my phone is more powerful than that.

Emulate the Megaman Battle Network and Megaman Zero games.

Ace of Spades Classic / OpenSpades

Senran kagura : shinovi versus
DMC4
Mount and blade
Many games from snes/gba library

only need 1gb of ram (512 on linux with a light wm and x running) + an opengl compatible card
runs on any cpu that isnt a macbook (because they throttle down into 0.8ghz and you need at least 1ghz with at least 2 cores) + at least 512mb or 1gb of vram
you need more than 256mhz + 4 megabytes of vram
as long you have 4 FREE MEGABYTES of ram you should be able to play

varies, if it works it works.

Phones are a lot more powerful than alot of PC's in the world
Low End is 2GBRam as a max, 512 to 1GB of video
OP means LOW END, not "it's cheap here near the factory :^)"

I can say Mount & Blade is pretty decent on shit machines
Old classics as SWAT 3 and Unreal Tournament work like a charm, well made stuff. Also Evil Genius has worked for me on dirt toasters

Shame Win8 killed all that stuff
The Sims works OK up until House Party, the rest gives the machine a run, even in tight builds

I bet it could. I've seen Skyrim and New Vegas work with that card.

The most surprising game I've seen work on a shitty lap top was Warframe.

Uplink
X-COM: UFO Defense
Morrowind
Any console game N64 or older
Any handheld game

DID SOMEONE SAY SHITTY HARDWARE?

crap, I though I was bad

Toasters of the world, unite!

Nigga please. I played Starcraft 2 on a 1.8ghz cpu with intel hd graphics.

it still holds up. it's not great, but it is useable

I… I'm sorry, user

My God

DooM works really well on pretty much any computer, even with relatively graphics-intense mods like Russian Overkill.
It does crash occasionally though.

That's not bad at all

youtube.com/watch?v=_oV80yETeFg

It probably will boot it and run on a playable frame rate if you set shit low enough.
But won't look pretty.

The "pipeline big enough for 15 Ghz" meme was the most retard meme intel did fall for.

I had a pentium4, 512m RAM, forgot the exact gpu but it was a low end workstation card. Ran Diablo2 and it's expansion pack fine to ok. Ran Heroes of might magic 3. Ran snes, genesis and segacd emu fine. When the psu died I just chucked the whole thing for recycling. It joined the other dead toasters that went to the great beyond , 386, pentium mmx. IIRC pentium mmx can do snes and genesis emu.

Me just now. Difference is it goes up in under a second because linux doesn't have a shit cpu governor.

Frozen Synapse, Spacechem and Geneforge all work on this 1Ghz quad. Well it can 1.4Ghz turbo.

Here goes!

Pentium 4 can go up to shoddy Nintendo 64 emulators like project 64, and i think the fastest of em all can into DC as well.
Now snes on PMMX depends largely on what you want to play.
Even using zsnes, shit start to get choppy if you use 16bit color graphics, and it gets fucking murdered if you play super FX/SA-1 games.
Cx4 games on other hand (Megaman X2/Megaman X3) actually run smoother than non chip games for some reason.

PPSSPP
MGR:R
MOST PLATINUM PC PORTS
SWAT 4
ARKHAM ASYLUM
DEAD SPACE
SHADOW COMPLEX
…FUR FIGHTERS
…CRAZY TAXI

How about Swat 4 and UT 2k4 on Wankdows 8.1? Do these games work?

factorio.

I never tried project 64 when I had the Pentium4. I think the most I pushed it for emu was NeoGeo, and some capcom1 games emu and some MAME stuff.
IIRC I think I managed to get Chrono Trigger and Zelda Link to the Past to work on the PMMX, though I could never get SuperMario RPG to properly work on it.

On the bright side, look at that CAS latency!

You cannot deny the beautiful and noble similarities.

I'm a broke as actual nigga too, I hope you fucks live in the third world.

$telnet nethack.alt.org

Most toasters were once state of the art. Not shit like celerons obviously, but those Pentium4 and C2Quads were once pretty good tiers and workhorses. My older C2Q is now serving as an overkill media box running linux. Before that it was a decent enough work and windows vidya box.
There's some decent deals with office box refurbs. Especially if someone doesn't care much about the latest current year games. Sheeeit, I think the last pc vidya of relatively modern gen I enjoyed was Torchlight 2 and Fallout NV. Everything else makes me pissed off or vomit in disgust.

it's pretty hot in here.. isn't it?

At least you have 4GB of RAM, finding used ddr2 is a hassle.

Ram is a bottleneck in some of the games i play, then my PC starts using the page file

JUST

Bloodborne.

E8400 / 2 GB is painful for things like MMOs but overall its perfectly good for most games. My brother used it from 2008-2015 without much grief.

If you want real misery, try having to choose between glorious 4K slideshow and 1440 smoothness because the right card range is just too expensive to justify, considering the shitty games.

nice toaster

Heil dubs, are you running an oven or something? And I thought C2Quads were infamous for running hot.

im running a bonfire

I recently slightly upgraded my toaster from pic 1 to pic 2.

That would of been relevant to

The Pentium 4 doubles as a toaster.

You still need a useable videocard, because GMA is hell.

Grats on the new beater. Are you using 90 nm era processors for nostalgia, or are you living in Jalalabad?

no hd games, movies.

2T of pron

I really need to know what's up with fo4. It gives me 45fps when in a town using my good pc, when every other game works well.

gtx 970 4gb
i5 4690k
8gb ram

Then you tell me it runs at console frames with a fucking integrated card?

It's fucked. Same experience as yours.

Put new thermal paste on.

Shit, I got second hand unused tech much better than that laying here near my feet.

We really need some kind of PC charity for ultrapoorfags like you.

I did and it stayed the same

Obviously, I'm just pointing out that if you're thrifty you can pick up some decent power that shits on a lot of these toasters for very little, I mean if you have 0 income I could understand but if you aren't, nigga go find something cheap and plan a build I got a decent 2nd gen I5 for dick all, and it's fast enough it won't bottleneck for a few more years, and with the advent of DX12/Vulkan it looks like it's going to be a few more years on top of that assuming the machine hasn't died it will still hold value because Intel put too much fucking power into their newer cpus.

I see. So it wasn't my setup then.

No big loss. I'm enjoying Gothic a lot more.

Also Serious Sam and the Talos Principle are toaster friendly. I ran TP on a toaster [email protected]/* */

core2duo E7400
Nvidia 9500gt 512mb
2gb ram

I actually have a friend sending me what i believe is a EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB.
I'm not sure for certain if it is this one or not. I just know he has it and he upgraded awhile ago. It might be a older card, but i don't care its better than on-board graphics.

I'm Murican poorfag. I hope to get my security guard license in the mail soon so i can start working. I aim to buy a good rig by the end of this year security guard or not

I can't play many games at all but i can play 720p video just fine and some 1080p using MPV. Its fucking insane how good MPV is. Before i was using MPC and was struggling with some 720p stuff, it is seriously witchcraft.

Last time i checked i was near 1TB of pron. The rest is anime, music, and a bunch of emulatable games.

E8400 is a great CPU, really cheap to get nowadays too second-hand. It's capable of overclocking easily too, you can push it from 3 GHZ to 3.6 GHZ without even fiddling with the voltages or such, on air.

The Q8200 is also not that terrible, though it probably lacks the single-core performance.

All in all it was a good generation of CPUs. Your PCs aren't bad, anons, you just need to upgrade your CPU and RAM mostly. I personally would suggest a good GPU with very low heat and power draw I bought two GTX 750 Ti's for that reason though you should probably wait for AMD's Polaris 11.

BG2

Jagged Alliance 2

DA:O

Silent Storm

Rome Total War 1

Counterstrike Source

CataclysmDDA

Trials 2

N the Ninja

Nuclear Throne

Terraria

That will give you DX11, which will allow you to play anything,albeirt slowly.

No doubt my melanin enriched fellow. There are some good deals to be had if you know what to look for in the refurb market.
For me though it's not the really the hardware, it's the vidya titles selection. I have an i7 based workstation, but many of the current year pc and console vidya in general just doesn't grab me. I already mentioned I've enjoyed TL2 and FO:NV, and that seems to be it for PC from the last 5 years or so. Of semi current gen console I would maybe buy PS3 for Dragon's Crown.
I'm shitposting this on a refurb i5, 4 gigs RAM business laptop running gahnoo loonix.

Is that going to be a serious thing, because DX12 and win10 faggotry needs real competition.

Vulkan is predestined to be adopted due mobile phones.
When you use it to render the window manager, you use quite less CPU time, which leads to battery life saving, if compared to the plain ol Open GL.
It's basically "support vulkan, get more runtime for basically free!".

Autistic factory building simulator and alien kebab removal
Based devs, new Factorio update real soon, btw.

Darwinia, Uplink, DEFCON, maybe that prison game from Introversion? I dunno.

Shouldn't be too graphically taxing

How the fuck does it throttle to 0.8 Ghz and sit at 101 celcius?
My ARM laptop doesn't have active cooling at all and sits on my bed all day long in the middle of the summer.
It doesn't get hotter than 67 C while running at 1700 Mhz.

Then again, ARM vs x86. :^)

We talking old or new?

For old, there's plenty of classics, I've recently got back into Majesty. They have actually patched the steam version of Majesty to run much better on newer systems, including finally porting it to DX9 and adding mod support.

I hope you don't mean they just shoehorned in Steam Workshop DRM so that one day they can have a gamble at implementing paid mods.

From my experience you can run on really shitty and i mean bottom of the barrel cheap laptops with intel GMA 4500 the next games:

Dead Space 1 (never tried sequels on this hardware)
Stalker (SoC only)
GTA IV
Sins of a Solar Empire (any)
Endless Space
Civ V

Emulators:
Desmume at 60 fps most of the time
PPSSPP

Intel HD 3000 is better by about 30% than the GMA 4500 so most stuff that came out pre 2011 should work in low settings. I tested Tomb Raider 2013 and it worked.

If you really want to know about games for your craptop or IGPU just check Youtube. It's the best source of info for this stuff.

Nah, actual proper mods.

Mind you that Vulkan is supported by a lot of big hardware names in the industry. And who provides software with the necessary processing features and ABIs? :3

We're nearing the end of Moore's law. It's like a log curve: the effort spent in making smaller and smaller fab processes to increase performance won't be financially feasible anymore because parallelization gets the job done quicker and cheaper! That's why right now we're already seeing AMD push for that split processing architecture (who's lagging behind ArsoNVidia performance wise with it's flagship hardware). I think AMD wants to jump ship early so they gain a competitive position in the market, which makes 100% sense because it's lagging behind? That's why AMD is pushing hard for Vulkan: it wants to integrate it nicely into it's hardware early. Intel too, which both makes CPUs and GPUs. Hell, I'm sure processing wise in 10-20 years? There's gonna be little distinction between CPU and GPUs. They'll probably be called "authorative processors" and "auxiliary processors" respectively. GPUs are the new x87, guys!

When Vulkan is already more CPU efficient than OpenGL (and probably better than DirectX too). When you've got two competitors who both make CPUs and GPUs pushing for the same spec. (That's a lot of authority over hardware design!) When smaller fab processes are becoming more and more harder to develop. When Microsoft is pulling all sorts of bad decisions with Windows 10 and forcing that on it's users and tying DirectX12 to Windows 10. Then the time is ripe for Vulkan to succeed.

When AMD and Intel both git gud at accommodating Vulkan at a hardware level? We'll see definitive performance gains that Microsoft will have to catch up to by rewriting DX12 to accommodate new Vulkan features. Microsoft has catching up to do.

14faafb83835e3b5916c85a80895f9c9a7e7576fc5256fd03b710baa5991ce0c

Isn't serious slav suppose to be crazy optimized because everyone in that region has toasters?

Torchlight
Any idTech game before engine 4
Binding of Isaac
Deus Ex
Mountain Blade

That's the stuff I carry on a thumbdrive for downtime at work.

Not always the case. Witcher 1 was pretty heavy for 2007 (though 2 was much better optimized) and Shadow of Chernobyl was pretty unstable on non-Intel stuff for a while until the fans patched it.

Multiwinia
Build and shoot
Talisman: digital edition
VVVVV
Crawl
Apotheon
Nidhogg

Yo hol up nigger, what part of 'win10 faggotry' do you think I endorse as non AIDS?
Hey nigger, what part of "I want competition against w10\DX12" do you not understand?
Your shitty attempt at bantz aside, I hate MS and W10, but I would not underestimate them even now. They're flailing and getting desperate, but they're still a 600lb gorilla tumor who is flailing and getting desperate. If there is a sneaky as fuck way to fight against widespread adoption of Vulkan, I have no doubt MS would do it.

Windows phone is the only real weapon microsoft got against the vulkan.

Nope, fallout 4 ran like shit on my computer. Same computer that ran the witcher 3 flawlessly

Godamn is that still around? I thought that went the same way as windowsRT. Googling around windows phone seems to be a zombie, there is win10 mobile, but win phone looks like it's in limbo.

DOS games

It's lingering the limbo pretty much, and no, don't have that much of a chance of stopping vulkan and android of becoming one.

Hey I have that card, I can play Dark Souls 3 at 30 fps with only semi-annoying drops in certain locations (starting area, Firelink, Cathedral of the Deep) though Archdragon Peak completely shits the bed. Strangely, turning down the graphics doesn't help at all so I just play it on high anyway.

Certified to run on cold war era slav computers*

-*not really

The Electronika BK was indeed not exactly x86 compatible.
But it was PDP-11 compatible and probably could run unix.

dubs checked
Yeah, mobile seems to be where it's really visible that MS is getting bled by a million cuts.

Quake
Chips Challenge
Yu-No
I Wanna be the Guy
Xonotic
Boshuen
Sengoku Rance
Hexen
Sim Copter
Rollercoaster Tycoon
Donald Trump's Real Estate Tycoon
eDuke32
Deus Ex
Total Annihilation
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R
Sengoku
2hu games
Mega Race
Metal Gear Solid
Cave Story
Nethack
ADOM
Pathologic
Mountain Blade
Fallout
Fallout 2
Diablo 2
Darkseed 2
Myst
Retro City Rampage
Nidhogg
DOOM + expansions
Solitaire
Mech Warrior 3
3D Pinball Space Cadet
Half Life
Gunman Chronicles
Sim City 2000
The N Game
Daggerfall
Wasteland
Ninja Nanny and Sherlock Sheltie
Buck Rogers Countdown to Doomsday
Princess Maker 2
DOOM 64 PC
CS 1.6
Afraid of Monsters
Syndicate Black Ops
Dorf Fort
Gunpoint
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People
Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead
DMC4
Stalker SoC
DOOM 2
DOOM 3
Marathon Trilogy
BLOOD
Microsoft Arcade
Delta Force games
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Silent Hill 2
I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream
Yu Gi Oh Joey the Passion (dat music dough)
BloodNet
Command and Conquer series
Leisure Suit Larry games
Rise of the Triad
Emulators
Lots of Doujin games

Terraria. Works a dream on the most low-end of toasters. Can disable light effects if its ancient or you don't want it to dip sub 60.

My specs:
2.30GHz Processor
1.7 GB video card x2
4 GB of RAM.
But I still have Windows 7, so that's nice

Anything we can do to meme Vulkan into success?
Anything to slap Window 10 shit I'm on board for.

My favs are all potato friendly.

Platformer:
Minarai Mahou Tsukai Fuwaru no Bouken
Fantasy Explorer Nitroid
Lethal Crisis + Proto Sphere
Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils
Rosenkreuzstilette
Freudenstachel
Megamari

RPG:
Fortune Summoners
Touhou Soujinengi

Shmup:
Lethal Application
Suguri
Sora
Kamui
RefleX
Alltynex 2nd
HellSinker
CCWI
Diadra Empty

Come to think of it, Titan Quest is potato friendly and better than D3, Torchlight and other recent aRPGs. It also looks pretty good even to this day thanks to some impressive texture work and clean visuals.

morrowind
world of warcraft private servers (everything through cata should be playable even on shit computers, mists servers aren't playable yet)
civilizations through 4
emulators from n64/ps1 era and earlier or handhelds
mount ainblade
diablo 2
starcraft
warcraft 3
openrct2
simtower
old gta games
desu sex
any old or even new crpg (fo1, fo2, bg1, bg2, p:t, iwd, etc.)
uplink
ut99 or ut2k4
halo pc if you can find some dudes to play with
nethack
dorf fort
kotor 1
kotor 2 with tslrcm

depends on the exact nature of your toaster

Half-Life system requirements
133Mhz pentium
Win 95/98/NT
24MB RAM

I wonder why the steam version is magically 3 times higher than that?(a computer that can run half life, can't run steam!) As well, they removed a3d/EAX sound effects with no explaination.

Also UT2004 will pretty much run on any GPU as long as your CPU is half decent(1ghz upwards)

I suppose later updates ended up bloating its requirements? Can't really think of much more, and one should always take the recommended specs with a grain of salt, no matter the source of such.

It runs flawlessly on my old shit college laptop with 1.6 ghz at normal world size.

snes emu, gba emu, psx emu

We know you’re a cuckold. Nothing you do can hide it now.

Guy made a thread yesterday asking about toaster friendly games for his wifes kids.

I think toaster users are common enough around here, are you sure it's the same person?

You just buy games using Vulkan.

didnt that pokemon killed all the birds and didnt dealt with the pokemon he was meant to kill in the first place?

save me from the nothing I've become

Wouldn't surprise me if Trump turned suddenly turned against the jews.

Last Remnant
TitS

Nihon is a godsend for toasters.

Can't recall many thanks but:
Pretty great in the option of using direct x 9 for older video cards, it's also super polished.
Will run on any PC ever.
Will run on any PC ever.
Will run on any PC ever.

Is this pasta?
I remember reading this.

would be funny watching him get murdered in a parade

I love toaster threads, i used to have one until a few months ago and i miss it. Dark Souls 3 was the game that ended up killing my old PC, i was playing at 800x600 on low and at like 20fps

Th Evolution engine is fucking space magic. I still can't understand how i got all those visuals and effects to run at 60fps on my toaster.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. works fine.
Gamecube has a new emulator in the works (I think it's by the same guys who made Dolphin, don't quote me on that) but with even lower spec requirements.
F.E.A.R. shouldn't use up too many resources.

I am in a similar position, I had to dust off the old CRT because the screen didn't resize at all on an LCD.
800*600 with antialiasing on on a CRT is pretty comfy tho.

Doesn't look too horrid tea bee H, famigo. If it's a Dell mobo, is it the type that has room for a GPU? Does the PSU have enough juice for a midrange GPU, even an ok-ish entry level small form factor card. Can the board accept additional RAM upgrades, it's DDR3 so prices should be relatively ok afaik. If it can fit and run a GPU, that might be enough of a boost. Youmight still get by with 4 gigs of RAM, depending on what you're doing with that box.

Here. Take this.

I'm playing the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games and Witcher on this crap and it's going pretty swell. It actually plays far smoother than Neptunia Rebirth which gives me choppy framerate

Im here because of games for my second laptop. Specifically, Intel i5-2520M with the Intel HD 3000, running Linux if it wasn't already bad enough.

both games run perfectly, playable with a Trackpoint but not on a good level
forget about the Flash one but Rebirth runs well, requires no mouse
No problems, Trackpoint/Touchpad friendly
Not the best games but fun then and now

Didn't try Wine or VM things yet. Holla Forums says that those have almost no performance penalty nowadays, don't think thats true though.
If they work well, i'll take a look at

Nice computer. Mine's a 430. I haven't used it for games at all though, but thanks for the recommendations there.

I recently upgraded from similar specs.

Try old RTS. Yuri's Revenge will run like hot butter on that.

hp toaster here, my cpu sits at 0.8ghz idle.

Doing that at full load and then melting would be another issue I guess.

We doing this now?
All the best games run on shitty hardware and I love every second of it.

Fucking everything if you aren't a retard and run everything in native resolution.

WC3
tbc wow
M&B
Sacred
Risen

Enjoy your 5 ticks per second at 60 dorfs.

That's a Vaio tower, isn't it

I feel your pain.

No. Unless I forgot and completely rewrote that post word for word, that ain't pasta.
You might've seen my other posts, though. I tend to ramble about computers and software.

Part of the reason why DirectX succeeded for so long, besides Microsoft's dominance on the desktop, was that OpenGL standardization was a fucking shit show. The core API rotted for years while they piled extension after extension on top of it. Boot up an old OpenGL game like Tribes 2 sometime and look at how many miles long the supported extension list for your card is. Meanwhile Microsoft dumped the equally shitty device caps junk in Direct3D10 and a bunch more shit for 11.

Also one of the big features of Vulkan is the reduction of CPU overhead, of which there is a lot for OpenGL. You have to call 34892376784 different functions every goddamn frame. Not sure about D3D11 and 12, I think they reduced it there as well.

OpenGL ES was the closest OpenGL ever got to actually finally dump their legacy bullshit, but Vulkan is in a good position to overtake OpenGL if there's good game and Linux support.

tl;dr OpenGL's glacial evolution vs Microsoft's bold changes; Vulkan is the hero OpenGL needs.

Can be played on toasters. I played these on my old toaster all the time.

How are your wife's kids user?

I think i see the source of your lack of wealth, you're a fucking retard

Well, that's a relief I guess?
I still don't know what to play

If you're not playing stepmania, you shouldn't bother breathing

Fuck off, I value my nerve system more than you expect.

I had a P4 and 512m of RAM, until it's PSU died. It wasn't my main rig anymore but I was a bit sad when it kicked the bucket. Transfered it's HD and dvd drive to another older toaster. A Dell Optiplex P3 with 256m RAM running Lubuntu, which took 6 hours to install off a cd. Not my main rig obviously, more of a holy shit this relic still runs.

Splatoon.

Used to have a laptop that could play toaster friendly games up to morrowind. Lend it to my mom and got it back a year later, somehow it even has trouble running doom now.

It's probably got several rootkits fighting for dominance in there.

I cant imagine the horrors its been through, first thing I noticed was a totally not shady svchost process eating 100% of the memory right from the start

Torch it before it becomes sentient

If were to get a GTX 750- Ti/equivalent for this:

ark.intel.com/products/33910/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-E8400-6M-Cache-3_00-GHz-1333-MHz-FSB#iid=2506

would I require a change of a PSU with an additional heat sink/thermal paste? Never did much of upgrading computers, before.

here's my toaster
posting from laptop