Boston Salt Party 3.0

Boston Salt Party 3.0 is upon us, Fallout 4 modding will never be the same

Other urls found in this thread:

skypreset-warehouse.eu/
loverslab.com/topic/63193-console-players-can-get-their-consoles-nuked-by-bad-mods/#entry1587913
pszjpn.blogspot.com/
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=56556523
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10951/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The cunt deserved it.

So people are uploading mods other people have made and profiting from them. Mods are bricking consoles, yah you know like what we said would happen.
How is that successful? Or was it to make a point that a mod could do that?

The latter. Which is a fantastic thing. I'm just waiting for some modder to make a mod that's so good it gets thousands of downloads, and in one of the updates puts this bricking shit in. That'd be a Boston Salt Party.

This could turn into a literal console war

I think the point is that this modder wants to implement his own anti-console security system in his mods, user.

Up until now the mods people stole would just crash peoples xboxes now DDP scripted a test mod that bricks the console on purpose.

It's successful because he got it to brick the console, a mod on it's on won't brick the console probably just fuck with the game/saves

Man, if only we could slip malicious code into Bethnet. Could you imagine the fucking chaos if you could cause mass fuckups that spread like wildfire.

I miss the times when modding wasn't all about Shekels.

forgot pic

You mean two days ago?

This time it isnt about money, its about fucking the console plebs that steal mods.

That's exactly what he did. From watching his previous videos it's either done by putting a corrupted model in the game, and or something to do with the Papyrus scripting in game. SO if people stole the mod the mod can detect that the mod is on xbox and crash/brick the xbox

Well just imagine it. Duping all the mods on bethnet with identical versions that have that same code. Bethesda would never be able to curate so many mods, and they'd probably have to shut the whole thing down.

That is fucking glorious, I can't wait for this to become widespread

Wait a minute, did they really put paid mods on consoles? Can someone explain in detail what is happening?

Do it. Shut console modding down entirely.

They're free, there's just a donation system. So people have been stealing popular mods and putting them up as their own to try and gain donor bux.

Same here, and this is an excellent first step toward a return to that glorious time. If casual retards are too afraid to go near mods because everyone got their consoles bricked the last time they did, that means a whole lot less stupidity infesting modding, and no more opportunity for ultra-jewish publishers and the fatlord himself to mint endless shekels by selling mods, since there will be no buyers to scam anymore.

The salt must flow, through the salt we reach salvation.

how did he do it?

Its almost like you don't know how stupid that sounds.

Console fag GTFO

Interesting. Also, how are people stealing if they are free?

It sounds utterly retarded, but behold, that's exactly what is happening.

Stealing mods to upload as their own/taking pc mods that were not designed for console*

It could work any number of ways. It probably replaces an important file that prevents the console from running. But I don't really know how he does it

I wonder how many moders are working with malicious intent towards bethesda and their thievery as we speak

daily reminder that Blizzard pioneered the landscape that allowed this to happen by trademarking all mods made for Starcraft 2. never giving money to Bethesda is a given but I want you guys to remember you have other enemies as well.

They're uploading someone else's work under their own name, so if someone likes the mod and decides to donate, they get the money. Not the original author. The old "Stealing someone else's ideas" thing.

They're doing God's work

Given how it's far too massive for Bethesda to curate, i'm hoping that it'll cause a wave of magnificent bastards to bring the whole thing crashing down.

I understand that, it's just that it's hypocritical to put something up for free and then complain that someone else is making money out of it.

I think mods on console is a neat idea, but we all know how this will end.

They'll push paid mods there and then they'll come to pc.

It's sad it has to go this way but there's really no other solution than forcing them to shut it down.

How is that hypocritical in any sense of the word?

maybe because you want people to have it for free?

Some of them didn't want their mods put on Bethnet or made available for console. Those tend to be the ones most pissed off. Not only is someone putting your mod where you didn't want it, they're profiting from it.

No, its not. If i put a game up on the internet for free, and someone puts it up on steam i would be furious.

Nothing kills enthusiasm for making free things faster than other people profiting off it, either attention or money.

Unless they use this stuff as an excuse to double down and make modding even worse.
Imagine if Skyrim+mods were so DRM'd that they only worked if you were online and had subscribed to the mods in Steam Workshop.

Are you retarded? Waste of trips.

That would likely backfire bigtime. A lot of the most proficient modders would likely never support such a system and would quit.

Not to mention that as long as they never change their shitty fucking engine, you can still backdoor a lot of mods through .esp files.

The original makers of the mod can use their mods in their portfolios to apply to game companies, when someone takes it claims that they made it they can't do that anymore, also the modder receives payment in recognition where they are famous so to speak in the modding community. Also the modder usally has their own donate button on their mod page, but people who steal their mod(s) can also put up a donate money and steal the money that the original creator would get if they donated to him for actually making it.

Copying data is not theft and DRM isn't only total bullshit when large companies do it. If you want credit for your name, go cry to the donut steels on DeviantArt.

Why is this a bad thing?

There are people in this thread right now that don't understand your free work being stolen that you made to better other people's gameplay experience, and then even worse them making money off it.

Brain damage is one hell of a drug.

How is it not? The mod is free right? People only donate if they want, as far as I know. If you put something up for free you can't complain about not getting the money you were supposed to get because someone else "stole" it.

Isn't it free?

Now that makes sense.

That's a whole different story.

The problem then lies with the donation system and not people "stealing" it.

Yes I am.

Well, it started as a casual commentary of the state of modding, and it looks like it's about to turn into another shit flinging fest. So fuck it, i'm going to bed.

no because if someone else is selling it then people arent getting it for free.

So get rid of the donation button. Problem solved.

IT BEGINS
BETHCUCK CONSOLEBABY TEARS, IT WILL BE DELICIOUS
IMAGINE A MOD THAT ONLY BRICKS IT HALFWAY IN
IT WILL BE GLORIOUS, IMAGINE THE SALT

Nope. If someone takes control of your mod, then you lose the wow factor and praise of releasing it, the ability to release updates and receive comments in an orderly fashion, and whatever tingly egoboost that comes with the "times downloaded" counter going up.

You need to assume that most artists are creating art for their own ego, even when doing it for free.

Is there any place to see people's responses to these mods?

I don't have fallout for or a console so I don't know how the system works but I asked in this thread and someone told me that the mods are free and there's a donation system or whatever it is.

So if all mods are free then you can't sell it. If you're not selling it then you're not supposed to get any money out of it. If you're not supposed to get money then you shouldn't complain that someone else is making money out of it and you're not. And if you don't want people taking your mods and claiming as their own then don't put them up for download for free. Unless something like this happens there's no reason to complain and if people are complaining then they didn't make the mods for free out of enthusiasm, and if that's the case then they can fuck off.

It will be glorious

W A S T E D T R I P S

*fallout 4

Like I said, I understand that. I just think it's hypocritical to complain about people making money out of it when they made it for free. They can complain about people taking credit for their work and agree with that, but if you put something up on the internet for free and then someone else start making money out of it you have no rights to complain about it, imo.

This is some decent bait. Even if someone puts up something for free doesn't mean you have a right to take it and sell it, even if it is legal to do so where ever you are. And someone is well within their right to complain about it

Again, I don't have fallout 4 or a console so I don't understand how it works. Are the mods free or do you have to pay for them? If they are free then how are people selling them?

From what I've heard theres an option to donate and people are taking credit from other people's work so they can earn those donations. I understand the problem of taking credit from other people's work but to complain about the money they are not getting from those donations when they put the things for free is hypocritical.

Would fuck this midget.

which one?

Oy vey.

I don't know if you've made content for something, but the reason why we raise a stink about this sort of thing is that the modder STOPS making more if their intellectual property isn't protected. They know their content isn't considered valuable, but the praise given is usually enough in exchange for continuing their hobby. Nobody really makes money off this, not even the thieves.

How is it?
Most modders don't make mods for the money, so someone stealing their shit and making money off it is a reasonable thing for them to complain about, if you can even get past the fact that their just taking someone else's work and throwing it out under their name.

Why do you have no rights to complain? Because you weren't making money in the first place? Like I said modders usually don't want money for the mods they make, so someone making money from them is bullshit.

Say you made a mod and i put it up on the bethnet. You did not intend for the mod to be avalible there. The mod gets hugely popular with consoles. I end up making quite a bit of money just by uploading your mod. I did not put any effort at all into this mod. Are you saying you would not be mad?

Reminder that this is already happening

ayy lmao

Alright then, maybe I'm wrong. I just think that if I made something for free and put it on the internet for free my only concern would be people having access to it and me taking the credits for my work. If people made money out of it then good for them because you can't sell something that is free since I'm making it avaiable for free.

I agree with that and already said so a few posts above. If the modder didn't want his mod avaiable for the console then they have all the rights to complain.

The absolute madman.

Can i just up and sell cave story? Or dwarf fortress?

Do you understand how stupid you are?

Bethesda doesn't curate the mods at all. They just let people upload whatever the fuck they want and have a very basic automated scan for malicious code.
They rely on reports and user complaints for curating.
So if DDX had uploaded this bricking mod for public use it could have porentially bricked hundreds or thousands of consoles before getting shut down.

Did modders who made their mods PC only got spammed by people asking for console ports, and then one of the modders said his mod could brick consoles because it's not compatible, so someone stole his mod out of spite, put it on the beth website with consoles supported and it bricked some consoles?

How does a mod even brick a console? I just don't get it.

Imagine you build a well on your own so that people can have free water in the fucking desert only to find out that someone took your well and is now selling the water himself.

Why good for them? They are taking other peoples' work and passing it off as their own and reaping the rewards for it.
That is good for none, as like another user said, it would discourage creators, who would stop making stuff for the audience.

That's the problem, you lose credit to your work if you allow someone to reupload it. For example, if you release an update for it, the people who get the mod from a third party illegitimately now don't get that update. Those people get pissed, and if the third party seller blames you, then you have people yelling at you for a problem you fixed.

Here's an example. Let's say I make a ms paint drawing like pic related. I put it on the internet and tell everyone that they are free to download my drawing. Then someone else out there takes the drawing and say they are selling it. Why would people buy it if it's for free? If I didn't want any money to begin with why would I complain that someone else is making money out of it?

Also, as far as I know they aren't selling the mods, the mods are free.

Holy shit, consolefags put up with this?

>>>/9GAG/

You have copywrite on it, along with the possibility of putting a Creative Commons licence on it, which prevents it from being sold. So you actually have protection from this.

yeah you're playing on a disc, some of the data is installed on the hard drive, but it still seeks data on the disc.

Its not about the fucking face, its about if it can be sold by a 3rd party (t-shirts).

So games are exempt because there is a law attached to them, but mods are not?

I think there were complaints that some of areas of the main town had sub 10 fps. Aren't consoles great?

If someone steals the mod and doesn't give the original modder credit can't they just quit and have the mod break down due to lack of updates for newer versions of the game?

If the water source is still free for people to use like the mods then I see no problem. Why would people buy the water if they can get it for free?

That's the real problem

That's the point I made, there should be no reward to begin with because you made it available for free. That's why I said it's hypocritical to complain about that.

I was not talking about taking credit, I agree with that. I was talking about people who made things for free and then complain they are not making money out of it.

missing the whole fucking point.

dont even bother
GPL or MIT > EVERYTHING > CC

In fact, the owner of trollface actually did issue copywrite infringement claims over it's use in Meme Run and Reddit.

You niggers are arguing with a literal jew thinking you can change its mind. You're wasting your time.

you don't deserve these trips, begone

Dont they sell trollface t shirts and masks and shit?

Todd "Sweet Little Lies" Howard does it again!

Theres two parts to this story. Fistly, the modders crying loudest are dramawhores like DDP and Elionora -who ironically always use other modders ressources for their own mods- who threaten to SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING.
And then there's cases where some random dude uploaded a badly working beta version of a mod to Bethnet and then directed users to DDproduction for technical support.

Basically retards all around.

You mean manletears?

And the console plebs appreciated the work the modders did to make them PS3-compatible, to boot. Full keyboard and mouse support for the console release was pretty nice as well.

He supposedly has copyright over "Forever Alone."

This makes the this announcement of a Skyrim Remastered running on the FO4-engine and optimised for console parity even more hilarious.

It's going to run just as shit as FO4 on consoles and look worse than a modded Skyrim on PC.

They're complaining that someone else took their work and made money off it because that's against the spirit of the work when the work was distributed for free.
Let's look at it this way instead.
You have a little yard. You put a bunch of slides and swings in there for people to bring kids there to have fun. Some fuck face goes into your yard, put fences around it and charge people for access to YOUR yard.
Now do you kick his ass and chase him away or do you suck it up and let him use your yard as he pleases like a cuck?

That's a really bad analogy. Aren't the mods available for free for everyone? Nobody is selling anyone's mod as far as I know. The thing is, people are taking donations from something they didn't make and the original creators are mad because they are not getting that money. My original post was that it is hypocritical to complain about not making money when you made your mod available for free to begin with.

So here's a better analogy. Let's say you have a little yard. You put a bunch of slides and swings in there for people to bring kids there to have fun. Then some fuck face say they built your yard and that they are accepting donations but the entry is free of charge.

Do you complain about him making money out of the donations or do you complain about him taking credit for you work?

Both?

Both

You intended it for free and he's taking your stuff and charging money for it.

God fucking damnit. The shill completely derailed the thread from 'fucking with consoles'.

Alright, I just don't see the point of complaing about people making money out of something that is available for free.

accepting donations =/ charging money

I'd kick him out due to him taking my credit, but of course deep inside there'll be at least a glimpse of anger that he made money off it. That's how a normal person behaves. You have to be a fucking saint or absolutely apathetic if you don't feel at least a little bit angry that someone made a few bucks off your work.
And that's how it should be. No matter what, the fact that he made money off of your work that's freely distributed cannot be changed. Credit is one thing, but if there was donation it should go to you instead of that random fuckface.
The fuckface that took your work and distributed it not only took your credit, he also sullied the work's spirit of "absolutely not for the money even if a bit". What's wrong with criticizing the fuckface for making even just a few bucks off it?

We aren't in a utopia. We're in a fucking glorious dystopia.

There has really been excatly one case where a guy pointed out his own Patreon for donations after uploading a stolen mod to Bethnet. Money hasn't been a issue at all in this.

Besides modders get shit donations anyways. The guy who make SKyUI earned only a few hundred bucks after 12 million downloads.

This whole ordeal isn't about money. For the more levelheaded and sane modders it's about respect, for the dramawhores it's about their hurt ego.

I wonder who could be behind this post.

GAS XBONES AND GAYSTATIONS
CONSOLE WAR NOW

I completely agree with you. I just said that if you weren't counting on making money out of your work in the first place then it's hypocritical to get angry because someone else did because now you're angry because you aren't getting that money.

What? I'm literally critizing people going full jew after noticing they are not making shekels from something they gave away for free.

It's no use arguing with the useful idiots.

Protip for the useful idiots: the original is still free if you and/or other people are to fucking stupid to look for the FREE original you deserve getting your wallet raped.

i had a chuckle

The only jew is the person who claims someone else's as his own and asks for money.

Do you plan to keep going? That's some Grade-A bait.

I thought the mods were free. Who's making money off of them?

I saw some modders were annoyed console babbies were demanding free mods for their console.

You're not supposed to ride the same stale bait for 14 posts user even if you manage to catch a couple of retards.

That's a false dichotomy. Just because the guy who stole it is at fault doesn't mean I can't criticize the other guy going full jew after noticing he's not making money out of the mod he made available for free.

PC killed gaming, there's no two ways about it.

People can donate to mods on the bethnet. 1 step closer to paid mods.

I can't wait to see how Bethesda try to claw their way out of this one.

Anons. Are you seriously taking his shit bait. If you want to know how shit? His opinion is no different from a communist. Stop taking the bait from a communist sympathizer.

Like I said I don't own an xbone or fallout 4 but from what I've heard ALL mods are available for free and people only donate if they want so your analogy doesn't make any sense.

Why are so many people both in this thread and on the various forums getting so hung up on the money issue or copyright issues?
Is that an american mindset?

When someone creates something, even if it's free, he deserves the basic respect and decency to ask for permission if you want to take it.
That's not only the usual code of conduct in ever modding community i know, it's also basic human decency.
Ask your parents sometimes.

I think you made a mistake. You put PC when you meant consoles. It's alright, just be more careful next time.

Because America is no longer the white paradise.

It's difficult to type using a controller.

2016 is the best year

I've seen proof of mods being stolen so I didnt need to ask for information on that.

got something you want to share with the class user?

This second user gets it. This shit is allowed in the typical Hegelian dialectic:
PROBLEM
REACTION
SOLUTION

From what i've read so far, the Bethesda.net EULA pretty much released them from any and all responsibility.

I'm still hoping for some angry parent suing Bethesda for a bricked console in the future.

Nope, consoles died the moment PC faggots like microsoft and valve started forcing them to become PCs.

I hope your future is nothing but paid mods and denuvo you fucking faggot.

Yeah because an EULA will hold up in court if a class action were to start up because of this.

What a waste of dubs.

The only true solution I can discover to defeat paid mods is to strike Bethesda itself, much like what happened last time.

You have to hit Beth where it actually hurts for them. Destroy their PR, make them look stupid. Simply disrupting the console modding seems like the perfect excuse for them to shut down Nexus and other sources and move it all onto Bethnet.

Making a mistake now could mean losing ALL modding communities, and soon after, ALL open source alternatives, meaning the kikes get a flawless victory.

At first glance it may be that he caused the Xbone to overheat and melt something important. Breddy good

Because then the mods bug reports and feedback gets filled to the brim with "IT DOESN'T WORK ON XBOX" or "PS4 VERSION WHEN???"

just go to any PC mod on bethesda.net and look at the comments.

Definitely, it worked the first time. It will probably work now.

Sounds like a win to me, mr Shekelstein. Nexus is fucking cancer.

The best way to destroy beth's PR is put malicious "mods" on their service.

what's wrong with the nexus?

Unless the toddster is planning to kick down my door personally there's literally no way for Bethesda to stop me and other people from opening the Data-Folder and replacing or adding assets to the game.

I agree that the Nexus is cancer but compared to the clusterfuck on Bethesdanet it's a fucking marvel.

Ban mods that do stuff like add in models ripped from other games because muh copyright.
I don't really go there often, I know there's much more, but that's the main thing that angers me about them.

I think the problem is Bethesda, or services like steam gaining a kind of monopoly on modding. But I do agree we need to stick it to bethesda, hit em where it hurts and we can put a dent in there plan to control mods

I just like modding stuff and pushing hardware to do shit just for the sake of it, not like you wouldn't understand.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Bethesda wants this to fail so that they can put it all in their own walled gardens, where they make tremendous amounts of money off of their fans' hard work and dedication.

The idea is to demonize and marginalize Nexus and other sites by stating that they cannot control the source of the malicious mods and will make purposefully unreasonable demands from these sites.
Furthermore, the need for console parity for mods requires a system where abuse is not possible.

Remember, too, that there have been a great push for internet censorship for years. The modding and open source communities on the internet are a great source of positivity and creativity, outside of the entertainment industry's control.
It's already very noticable that Microsoft is eager to turn Windows into a closed platform and has heavily invested in spying on its users.
The idea is that they want to offer software on a monthly basis to all users. Open source alternatives block this from being a widespread success.
By finding ways to fracture these communities, such as by introducing paid mods, they weaken this whole and are then able to either subvert, buy up or shut down such sites.

In such a case, we'd be forced into mod piracy. If the internet censorship and control has its way, this will get a great deal of people caught.

We may be able to brick the consoles but something similar can be done vice-versa, such as planting illegal content on sites, offer fake mods with illegal content on the torrents, and so on.

tl;dr: Take evasive measures! It's a trap!

To be fair i wouldn't want to get buried under DMCA-notices if i were the Admin either.

When you're the admin of a relatively niche forum with a invite-only usersection for ripped content like the GuNetwork you can probably get away with it but Nexus would probably have to deal with a lot of legal bullshit if they allowed that crap.

THEY GOOD BOYS DINDU NUFFIN WRONG NEED MORE MONEY FOR DEM MODZ

Unless something changed, the EULA of the game itself says they can. It gives ownership of the mods to Bethesda, but without any of the responsibility.

So Bethesda is the one response for any future console bricking? Glorious.

And how are they going to control modding? They're never going to be able to stop me or anyone else from messing with the game files. Nor are they going to stop anyone from making a website distributing mods.

And you've yet to explain to me how uploading mods that brick consoles to [u]bethesda's[/u] service is going to fuck over modders.

Imagine 100 000 bricked Xbones, by mods downloaded from bethesda's service. That's over 50 000 000 dollars worth of damage Bethesda has to pay for. It's literally going to bankrupt them.

Learn to read. They get the ability to legally control the distribution of mods but none of the actual consequences.

Look at the Gmod and L4d2 steam workshop, they're nothing but models ripped from other games.

They run a high traffic website with many US servers, it isn't ideal that they take that stuff off but they could be taken to court for not doing so.

The exact opposite is the case tight now though. People would even prefer the Steam Workshop over the badly coded mess of Beth.net. The only ones using it are the consolefags for lack of alternatives.

Demands for what? And on what basis? Bethesda has exactly zero legal leverage on the Nexus. The tried to strongarm the Nexus once during the paid mods and were told to fuck off.

What the fuck is mod piracy? What are you even talking about?

Before i go on with this i have to ask if you have any knowledge about the modding community. Do you realize that the Nexus is entry-level modding for plebs and that it's only a tiny fracture of the community? That there are literally thousands of mods made from Japs and Slavs that you're never going to see on Nexus or that there a dozens of forums andTumblr-blogs uploading mods outside of the widely known modding websites?

Actually they are trying to do exactly that with trade agreements. Making a mod for their game means it will immediately become their property. It's stupid, but that is what they are doing. It's basically legal theft

I would feel bad if I didn't hate anyone that was hurt by this.

Addendum: Simply ruining the mods will not be enough, we need to hit bethesda themselves. Making mods that will brick consoles will only annoy them for the most part. We need to make sure they don't try to leverage this into more control over mods themselves

The EULA states that any mod made with Bethesda tools is owned by them.
Which is a really fishy territory considering a vast majority of the mods are actually done with third party programs.
If i make an animation pack for example i have literally no reason to use the CK.

It's a grey area, but Zenimax would probably still win a legal dispute thanks to their bigger pckets.

And how are they going to stop me from modding their game and distributing it freely on the internet?

The people downloading the shit aren't stealing it, the fuckers probably don't even understand what a mod is or how it works.

It's PC fags that are uploading this shit to the console mods networks.

They can't completely, but they will be able to shut down sites without court orders. This is the ultimate endgame for Bethesda which is one of the reasons modders are so against the idea. Bethesda wants to turn the mod scene into a cash cow where other people do all the work and they make the money. They will try to put some people in jail to, but no they can't stop it completely. This is still bad for us though

How about doing something that would make lasting damage to Bethesda? How about we help develop OpenMW? I'm sure that they could use plenty of bug-testers.

Strictly speaking, any modification not done through official software goes against the EULA:

You agree not to:

(g) Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise modify the Software, in whole or in part;

In Europe there's already attempts to introduce Internet ID laws.

Bethesda will be able to control modding by slowing down the system where nothing gets on the service unless it's been thoroughly checked. Consoles have had this system for a long time, as noticed when patches take a week or more before they're checked out, longer for more content.

The narrative is similar to how the threat of terrorism is handled. A single 'attack' is enough to unleash a great deal of propaganda. By first allowing this system to fail on the consoles they have the excuse to enact a significant amount of control with the excuse of "oh, we tried to have an open platform but a few people ruined it for everyone else!".

Their internal systems won't need to compete with Nexus or even Workshop (they already proven that they could cooperate with Valve to force paid modding, last year, only blocked by the massive shitstorm and outright attack and sabotage of their offices with faxing full pages of black ink, by people). The Workshop will probably see a 'integration' into Beth.net and Nexus will be forced to cooperate in various ways (since all content belongs to Beth, they could tell Nexus to remove it all from their servers). This strongarm will work this time, but only after they allow mods to brick hundreds of thousands of consoles, their 9/11, if you please.

Once the modding community cannot mod for free for fear of people stealing their mods and making money, they will feel compelled and coerced to cooperate with Beth in order to continue their hobby for a small cut rather than see someone else get richer off of their hard work. Most others will abandon the modding scene instead or try to find alternatives on the web, such as the Russian and Japanese. This may work for a while but I expect there will be a lot of sabotage by ravaged console users in revenge. DDOS, illegal content hidden in mods, that sorta thing.

This will then move onto all other parts of the remaining free internet - as mentioned, open source is the main target.

That really will not work. Idiots will still buy their games, but I do agree with damaging bethesda. The best thing to is simply not buy their games and support people who are making good ones and good decisions for the industry. Preferably ones that are making games that directly compete with bethesda

Funny how Mr. Salk didn't have that problem with his Polio vaccine.

Won't that make him liable for class action lawsuits and prosecution?

Bethesda are greedy incompetent kikes but you have officially entered fanfiction-area with your posts buddy. None of the things you discribed can and will ever work in reality, not because it would be beyound Bethesda to try, but because the scenario you're suggesting is absolutly impossible.
I would advise you to educate yourself but i don't even know where to start.

I don't know. If he uploads such a mod on Nexus and then somebody else steals it and uploads it on Bethnet without his permission, is he still liable?
US laws are weird.

A lot of people want another Fallout: New Vegas even super casual normalfags. Yes, there still plenty of faggots that prefer FO3 but it is still lasting damage. Also, all the modders would leave Bethesda's Cancerous platform and some possibly make their own games.

Out of all of things, this is the Last, Best Hope of Humanity.

Bethesda/MS/etc. don't need to make a completely watertight system. They just need to inconvenience and scare the normalfags and those that are not dedicated enough into cooperating. They will try to push for full control, of course, but realistically it will mean modding (first for FO4, Skyrim, etc, later for all games) will be pushed into the 'underground', after which it can be demonized as 'oh those evil pedos and nazis and this and that are hiding their illegal hacks and mods from authorities'.

Besides, it's in line with efforts described earlier, what we're already seeing with Windows 10. (A recent thread can be found here:

It's not nearly as hard or complex as you might think, or as I maybe have characterized it earlier.

You are making a mistake when you think it's incompetence, though. In the realms of money, the kike is the most competent of all. They don't care about bugs or unfinished products, nor should they, that's the game developer and the (soon to be slightly paid) modders.

the future is bright

consoles were already becoming more like PCs before Steam machines were ever heard of
the companies that made the consoles made the decision

So i was thinking if i should buy Fallout 4 for my ps4.

Thanks Holla Forums. I won't.

Consolefaggots being consolefaggots aside, I don't really see why anyone should give a fuck. Especially if you've no intention of doing it yourself anyway. Sounds kind of like they're just getting pissy somebody else is playing with their toys.

Read the thread before posting please

It seems this conflict doesn't really benefit modding community. Fallout 4 will probably be the game receiving the less amounts of mods than any bethesda game ever had.

Good thing this one at least somehow fun without mods.

You probably should its a quality game, while you are at it why don't you put a pre order for Skyrim™: Special Edition® at Gamestop®
Both games have Mods™ for the console® editions

Fair point. I'd hate to have to deal with XBros in any capacity, let alone have them whine when my mod is going to work on their shitty console.

You are mostly right. The real problems seem to be:
* People leeching funds by setting up a donation button for a mod that isn't theirs.
* Consolefags whining about mods not working on their shit machine.

There also seems to be some bullshit about "muh credit," but like I said earlier in the thread, cry to the donut steels on DeviantArt about it.

I did read the thread, from what I saw there's been like one case where someone stole a mod and got a few donations on his patreon. The other justification for butthurt modders getting butthurt is that they feel they should be given respect for their work, which kind of makes sense, I just don't see why you'd give that much of a shit unless you were planning on putting it on consoles yourself.

Doesn't Beth have a takedown system anyway? Did they really roll this out without a way for people to claim ownership of mods and have them taken down?

You guys are forgetting the existence of F4SE. They will probably make it mandatory for every mod, because consoles can't copy functions of script extender in any way. This is how you make a pc only mod.
But here's shitty part - F4SE first script extender that
CRASHES IF YOU HAVE PIRATED VERSION.

This will end up with mods being locked behind DRM.

You clearly have not read the thread, please do

So that's primarily the issue here? What credit could you really feel entitled to, especially if you weren't putting the mods up on console anyway. I've seen the influx of consolefags on the nexus begging for console ports but seriously, it seems like a lot of butthurt over fuck all.

How so? Don't people run Skyrim with script extender on pirated versions? Does Fallout 4 use Denuvo? I've been playing it lately and haven't noticed any sort of intrusive DRM.

When money is involved, mod community will fracture as everything will turn into pretty drama in an instant. One of the reasons paid skyrim mods was shot down so quickly.

Neither OBSE, F3SE, FNSE or SKSE had anti-piracy drm. F4SE has. If you report the crash on launch, people will accuse you of being a pirate, lol.

I have a hard time believing that Fore put a any kind of DRM into his scriptextender.

Try it yourself then. I did. It crashes on cracked fallout 4.

Nigger Fallout 4 has already 11000 mods uploaded on Nexus alone. New Vegas has 17000 after 6 years of modding.
FO4 will rival Skyrim in a few years unless Bethesda continues fucking shit up this badly.

The difference between F4 mods and New Vegas mods is extra ordinary.

New Vegas mostly has really useful gameplay tweaks and much less enb/save game garbage.

Fallout 4 has extra ordinary amount of saves, enbs, music mods and other garbage.

And not a single big rebalance mod that can be compared to OOO, Requiem or Project Nevada.

F4SE only has compatibility issues with a certain crack from Codex. Cracks done by other parties work just fine.

Good to know. At least somewhere i finally got my hands on this info.

Thank you.

Of course, everyone wants to get their pennies for doing the least amount of work. It's hilarious that some of these kikes on the beth forums and reddit thought paid mods meant better quality and content mods. Whole generation of idiots that can't see beyond their noses. All fucking morons that couldn't predict that greed will always win over "the spirit" of the community.

Their taking work someone else made and trying to make money off of this.
It's not really stealing I guess but it is the work of scum.
Hence, why people apply the word "Theft" to it, because it is considered to be just as low.

Gee, I don't know.

And here's another thing. Ever donation that goes toward the guy who took the mod and re-uploaded it as if it were his own is one that could have gone to the mod maker. To allow this is not good for content quality because it discourages modders from uploading new mods without some form of DRM.

I don't think many of you understand that the tag "Free" does not mean you can do with it what you will. You're looking for "Open Source", because as it is, the owner of the content has the right to choose where, how, and why it is distributed. If he doesn't want his mod in a giant modpack, that's his choice, it's a mod he made. If he doesn't want it up on Steam workshop or the nexus, that's still their choice. At the very least, I don't think any modders would have a problem if you could ensure that all donations and credit went to the original creator, but that's not being done.

You know what pisses me off the most about modern modding?

Authors are so fucking delusional about not using other people's assests, that weapon compilation mods now require you to install all guns by hand. And it won't work if you miss even a single one.

Fucking weaponsmith extended.

Yes just like every other game before had, because that's what people put out first before the GECK is released. Mods get more sophisticated over time.
Project Nevada was released 5 years after NV came out by the way.

Well then, we have to wait another 5 years!

Way to miss his point, dumbass.
Has every other game before had 11,000 bullshit cosmetic mods in under a year?
No, the Fallout 4 mod community is clearly shit.

The point of that specific "pack" is that it's basically just a single .esp to reduce your loadorder, not an assetpack. You literal retard.

fo4 just recently released its mod tools, the mod tools were delayed for consoles, the previews mods were hacked in.

What is that supposed to mean?

Still retarded to install all this shit. Also game still dies when there's too much "keywords" in the game and it just stops showing everything else above the certain amount of ids. 255 esps isn't the problem. The problem is in limited amount of keywords now.

The Nexus

Modpiracy

Google.com

And way to miss HIS point dumbass. A ton of bullshit cosmetics and save games are what come out before the creation kit, the fact that there's a higher influx of those means there's more people making mods than ever before in general. This could also very well translate to more sophisticated mods than ever before as well.

There are already mods that expand significantly on the game by adding new weapons, areas, items, weapons, etc.

Spoiler alert: it won't.

You're the one missing the point dipshit. He initially said that FO4 will be the game with the least amount of modding support, when in reality there's obviously more interest in modding than any other game since Skyrim.
And the reason why the quality is currently pretty low is because the GECK has only been out for a short time you fucking idiot.

Or to put it in terms even an idiot like you can understand: Every game before has that flood of low quality mods initially. FO4 has more of it because there's more modders working on it. Do you get it now?

Why am i sensing damage control from your posts?

Skyrim had a shittier mod community than any that came before it, and it's probably the largest community, to boot.
That doesn't bode well for Fallout 4, especially since the base game is even WORSE than Skyrim.

Well, at least there's one good thing about fallout 4 modding.

Nazi related mods aren't getting deleted.

Glorious.

That modders knows Bethesda's shit more than Bethesda itself.
They were using hacks, script extenders and a modified tool to Skyrim to make shit for FO4.

AWKCR didnt help with this shit ? Shit.

Yeah well, this i can agree on. FO4 is such a fucking mess not only in gameplay but also on a technical level i can't imagine any reason to open the GECK on it unless i get paid for the headache.

Like, i know Ashal is working on a Sexlab framework for FO4, but he gets $2k on his Patreon and possibly more once the Falloutfags get thirsty so i can at least understand his motivation to do it.

No it didn't. It increased them a little, but around 50 mods for additional settlement elements are enough to break your game.

It also doesn't really matter, weapons, armour or settlement objects you are adding. They all counted by the same global number. The ones that exceed that number will not load.

Just how fucking retarded are you?

You deserve this for modding the worst part of a shitty game.

They will steal mods from loverslab and upload them on beth.net looking like overhaul mods.

The age of mod smuggling is incoming!

Read the fucking thread before you post, faggot.

I think that's the best part to be modded actually. Default building parts are so shitty, that using them is just degenerate.

Thats why Bethesda will add two more settlement focused DLCs, user :^)

They are shitty. Extremely fucking shitty.

It is very possible to "steal" a mod, though it's alot more like pirating a digital game than it is actually stealing.

And? Any mod that relies on a scriptextender is impossible on consoles because never ever will a 3rd party executable be allowed on xbone.

This guy made this website for pre-sets.

not many people use it i think.

skypreset-warehouse.eu/

OpenMW has been released for a couple years now.

Thank you for introducing me to this.
I forgot how to breath for 10mins.

Some people don't understand console gamers like me, I would play on PC if they still sold physical copies that weren't just steam keys in disguise, because my internet is god awful and I don't want to spend more time downloading the game than playing it.

Well that and fuck fatty bojankels and his snack bar company.

The creator's not mad that he's not making money, he's mad that someone else is.
I realize that an instinctual desire to punish wrongdoing for its own sake rather than because you expect to gain is totally absent from the Jewish race but you should at least be able to understand it in the abstract.

Here's user, secret technique known by ancient elders of piracy who were sitting on modems and didn't bought shit:

1. Put on a torrent
2. Download a game for a week
3. Don't turn off your computer at night
4. Have a game after a week
5. Put on another game on downloading, while playing this game

Also mods recently weight up to few gigabites, so i don't think i really understand you.

i just recently found his channel his what if skyrim was good series is top tier.

Mod stealers did nothing wrong by gassing mod makers.

If he really has that shit internet, old pc games/emulation is probably the best option. Theyre small, better than pirating the lastest trash, and would last him longer than said trash.

I agree. But people tend to value trash when trash is harder to get.

What?

PC is the exact same, at least for me.

I also was searching for fallout 4 mod recommendation list made by Holla Forums, but i guess such doesn't exist.

uninstall.exe

This guy is a hero of man kind. Video games are for virgin degenerates, especially consoles.

Footage of xbox one player with his "mods".

For what purpose?

Even "pirating mods" sounds wrong. The fact people are even making money off of mods these days is perverse. Still, I agree people who put up mods they didn't make are even worse parasites.

Yeah thanks, I've read the fucking thread. Still, cry me a river over retarded consolefags shitting up boards. Welcome to the internet.

For the other part, read above.

Not a fan of newer games, are we?

Why are PCfags so autistic?

Nigger you're waiting a week to get free shit, you can't complain. Meanwhile consoles have more shit on the internet than ever.

Why? If you're good at something, monetize it. It's not even repulsive as with normal games since it's still free, and donation is optional. DRM is bad, not donations, as while the former does not encourage anything but anti-consumer behaviour, the latter will encourage quality mods.

Read the thread consolebaby

How about you shut the fuck up and grow a brain.

Nope, havent bought a new game in 5 years.

Hi, DDP

Hold me Holla Forums, I'm about to faint.

POST IT FAG

The people maddest about this are the ones with patreons, just a coincidence though I'm sure.

If you actually believe that, you're retarded.

Does this also apply to people who shared paid mods for free and those who re-upload deleted mods, or is it reserved for "muh consolebabys".

But faster reloading is literally a weapon attachment in that game.

And can't you do this by changing a few values in the GECK?

Next you are going to tell me to turn off that pesky adblock.

Why would I do that? I don't have any investments in web ads.

But hey, keep getting triggered, faggot.

Speaking about Fallout 4 mods, did the guy who made this model ever port it to New Vegas or 4?

You sound like that 15 y/o faggot from the E3 discord. Then when asked about his age, start screaming "OMG IM TWENNYFOURR"

Fucker and the Tyskie or some shit faggot made watching certain presentations even more unbearable. Are you him?

Talking specifically about people attempting to make money off of mods that aren't theirs. If we are going to get super anal about it, I'm not talking about ad supported mod hosting sites eithe.

I'm fairly sure i saw such a thing on Gunetwork not sure if it's the same tho.

Depends on why they were deleted.
Paid mods just got hit with the same rules as games, except none of them is worth even a penny.

If he hasn't released this yet I swear to god

I'll agree with you once Bethesda lets you put mods behind a paywall. Right now it's on the shoulders of the dumb fucks who are donating.

I like to call it Whitopia

Why.

I completely forgot about that. Probably the only thing that game got right.

smug while jerking to sex mods

But there are no sex mods.

To create console bricking mods and making videos of playing with pc exclusive mods to rub in console pleb's faces

Loverslab thread about the situation, btw:
loverslab.com/topic/63193-console-players-can-get-their-consoles-nuked-by-bad-mods/#entry1587913

Consoles can't use the script extender so some PC modders put it in which don't need it as a form of "DRM".

How long until Xbox One CFW?
Fallout4Hax when?

Hmmmm. That doesn't sound bad. Not bad at all.

Except it's not even worth the effort.

Good point in that it could be worse, but I do see how it could be demoralising to mod makes seeing someone else lapping up donation sheckels for something you don't even want on comsole.

well what about PS4 fallout4hax?
I don't care what console it is, piracy is still piracy.

Deletes System 32.

"sex mods" for fallout 4.

I had the urge to play Fallout 4 again recently. Only played it though once, then never touched it. Decided to download a shitload of weapon mods and an alternate start mod from the Nexus. Started it up, played until Sanctuary, then quit. Game sucks shit and isn't replayable at all.

I ended up just going back to New Vegas.

I'll concede that. I used to make mods for other games with open 'use however you want' permissions, I stopped releasing them after being accused of stealing my own shit and getting a bunch of DMCA requests.

pszjpn.blogspot.com/

But he uploaded something on pixiv recently.
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=56556523

Maybe he got another blog that I can't find?

I would actually buy a used PS4 just for that.
I could take it over to places and conveniently have entire game series all in one system.

this is why people got pissed off reddit, 9gag and other people stealing 4chan me-mes

so much did copyrighting troll guy get.

its literally being stolen and sold for profit, memes which were created for fun stolen by people who dont even know the original meaning of what they represent and sold for profit.

First thing you should do if you want solid info on pirated games is lurk cs.rin.ru.

Sanctuary and that shitty British museum is the worst part of the entire game. Worse than beginning oblivion dungeon.

Just skipping this place makes the game much more fun.

Good riddance Another Life exists.

Well, what do you know? All of the "Drama" we've seen here and the salt over stolen mods was all posted by DDP himself. Every linked video about mods/"theft" and every screenshot posted.

Check them out, they're all his videos. DDP, are you really posting from multiple IPs pretending to be different people and agreeing with yourself?

SHAMEFUL

Also this
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10951/?

This same shit happened in the Minecraft community, people would bitch and moan about someone having their own mod that borrows and approve upon their ideas, even going as far as injecting malicious code to check player IDs. Another thing they hate is balance patches and other mods being used with their shit. They even go as far as having a black list of mods that can be used with eachother.

Recently they started pay-walling shit behind Patreon.

anons have already pointed out that the modders crying loudest are coincidentially also the biggest dramawhores.
Doesn't change the fact that basically every jewtube-commentsection and every thread discussing this shit is full of salty consolewarriors.

DDP, where'd you go? I have some questions for you. C'mon man.. now is not the time to hide and delete your posts from your other IPs. Stop talking to yourseIf.. want to talk to YOU and have a conversation. I don't care which IP you post from.

ANSWER ME, DAMN IT

It wasn't DDP, it was me.

Post yfw you aren't DDP

Bethesda modders didn't change i see.

Why?

I am going to steal DDP console brick script and upload it to BethesdaNet, and then claim that I created it to fuck with console plebs.

Found DDP.

scriptname IAmBad extends Actor

Event OnInit()
String hereWeGo = ""
while
Actor a = Game.getPlayer()
String[] bigStuff = new String[127]
int i = 0
while true
bigStuff[Utility.RandomInt(0, 126)] = bigStuff[Utility.RandomInt(0, 126)] + "A"
if a.isEnabled()
a = Game.getPlayer()
endIf
endWhile
EndEvent

Isn't DDP the one against consolebabbies?
Or is Holla Forums getting infested by the same underage retards that ruined the old one too?

DDP is DSP of modding.

The video requires WOW edit.

but the guy was trying to brick it

the faggots on lovers labs cant accept anyone having a different opinion, i already have 5 strikes against me. so i try not to even bother talking unless i hear something really stupid.

He's against consolefags having any of his mods because he's a PCfag who can't survive without artificially smelling his own farts through a secured ethernet connection.

He's championing a push to stop the 'stealing' of freely created modifications to a shit game by saying that they don't deserve them. Now, if all of the mods he made were simply incompatible with consoles due to hardware, then that's fine. But he's just being a fag most of the time.

And before anyone says "B-But it's stealing because there's no motivation if anyone can upload a mod someone else made!" Then you're actively campaigning for paid mods, congratulations. Them's the breaks of mod-making. You either make something good and live with the fact that you might not always get credit, or you make something shitty and beg for someone to support your patreon or you won't make a mod ever again, for realsies.

It's like the art of OC making and justifying screencaps. You don't make them for your sake, you have to make them for the sake of others enjoying themselves.

REMEMBER, ANYONE WHO SEEMS EVEN A LITTLE BUTTHURT ABOUT MODS BEING 'STOLEN' IS A BETHESDA SHILL SEEKING THE PURSUIT OF PAID MODS

user no
If you work hard on something you don't like it when someone else's takes credit for it. It doesn't matter if the mods couldn't work on console or he just didn't want to port them, that doesn't mean anybody can take it call it their own. It really shows that you never in your live achieved anything to be proud of.

WHATEVER THE CASE

The fact that mods can brick consoles IS GREAT because of all the inevitable console salt.

You don't know how cancerous DDP is. Look how he names his mods.

And of course, "donation" button on every single mod.

If you only base your pride in something done off of how many fags have heard of it, then you're the one who has never achieved anything. If you cannot take pride in your work on its own, you don't deserve praise.

Plus, mods that brick consoles are only going to make paid mods a reality even quicker. Free mods will come to be seen as far too risky, and only
VERIFIED MODS
from
TRUSTED CREATORS
will be hosted anywhere. This faggotry from mod-makers must end before they force themselves into Bethesda's hands.

You know, i think the quickier they will get paid mods - the better. We pirate games anyway, we will be pirating mods too.

Also mod authors are already receiving a lot of money from donations.

Good. They've shit up the community to the point where bugtesting is impossible. And the scum that try to take donations for other's content are the worst of them all.

If he made the mod it's his choice faggot. Consoles are arguably bad for gaming in general as they are DRM machines.

Are you #triggered by his attitude you fucking cunt?

Wewlad. There's enough of a shitstorm when it's just on PC and one modder takes another modder's shit and tries to pawn it off as his own merely for an egoboost. You think anyone is going to stand for some other cunt making money off their content? Nah, fuck that, they'll either give up on modding or DRM their shit, or turn to paid mods so they can tie things up in a legal shitfest.

Kek
I don't, and I don't really care. It's fallout 4, I don't play that fucking trash, I just don't want this cancer to infect the rest of the modding community.

All the same, I'm glad he learned how to brick consoles.

If it's not a paywall, do you really care? It's not even an inconvenience.

And as we pirate more games games are just getting more DRM slapped onto them in favor of content. Fuck off. Let it all be free, as data should be.

Grand, and now I'll sell my consolebricker for a dollar a piece. And most people already get their mods from trusted creators, this is likely going to be anti-console DRM for some modders rather than a seperate mod all on its own.

This is highly subjective user, some people can take pride on making cool stuff, some other on making money, etc. Thing is, if he made it then he is in all of his right to want that praise, because they are mods, he isn't fucking charging for anything. Praise is all he can get from his work. Whenever you or I think is petty or not, it doesn't matter as it's not our call, we haven't made shit.

If paids more are going to be a reality anyways in consoles, I don't care if they come faster or later, as longs as at least a handful of retards destroy their consoles and come to cry online.

Exactly, and those fags should stop asking for donations altogether. The sooner we move back to a system where mod-makers are not revered as gods for making some models awkwardly scuffle to make a facsimile of sex or for making a gameplay overhaul or two, the sooner things will get a lot less cancerous.

You can stop shilling any day now, you've been outed.

To brick his console he would need to fuck with some important files we can't normally fuck with right?
So could paid mods be a potential soft mod entry point for homebrew and piracy like the web browser on the 3DS?
This would quickly turn Sony and M$ around on paid mods.

I believe he's just doing dirty things to the hardware itself, or just fucked the hardware in just the right way to fuck the software, I doubt he actually got to touch the console's software itself. But I could be wrong, I know shit about modding, but I feel like if he achieved that there would be a bigger fuss about that rather than the bricking, and the video make it seems like he was just trying different stuff that could break it, so I really doubt he is that knowledgeable about the console's software.

Oh, well a man can dream (about large scale piracy slowly killing off paid mods, sony and driving M$ from the industry).

Indeed, maybe if a modder with more knowledge on the subject try nibbling on it we could get some results, one would think that they made it so the mods absolutely can't reach the console's software itself, but it is bethesda we are talking about, somebody smart with the time can probably yield some results.

Speaking of mods and piracy… doesn't allowing just any asshole with a bit of scripting knowledge to write unsigned code for your walled garden increase the risk of somehow putting a crack in that wall which exploits can use to get access?

I mean… a lot of systems require you to have specific games to use modified saved games on in order to work the exploit… but those holes end up getting patched in later firmware - or by taking the games offline.

What's to stop someone from writing a script for a FO4 mod that fucks with the console in such as way as to make it vulnerable to exploits?

Or is it Microsoft's brilliant plan to make sure there are no games to play on the Xbone, thus making it not worth the effort to crack in the first place.

Shut it down.

Dobut that would work on a bethesda game at least, considering that mods for those games are so high level language.

You call an object and can refer it to a script, if the game doesn't get it because it doesn't follow it's logic it doesn't run it.

If it gets it but the script is fucked (the logic is cyclical / the event is just a million dildos raining down from the sky) you just get a crash.

I dobut you can kill a console with just a script that runs only when you run a game. Let alone jailbreak it or whatever you want to call it.

But i'm no expert at modding i just do small things.

Remember back when the 360 got hacked wide open by an irreparable exploit called reset hack glitch? It worked because it would leave you run code before integrity checks could load, letting you run unsigned code. Before that you could only mess with the dvd drive so it would think that your dvd was legit, a workaround (and the jtag method but only like 5 people got to use that).

That's one of those Eula's that they write and normal fags go well they said so, but legal fags go, good luck getting that to hold up in court.

Bethesda could get class action lawsuit against them for their paid mods bricking consoles by the console makers themselves. Also this starts becoming prevelant console makers may go Valve route and tell Beth to fuck itself no more mods because they can't implement it properly.

Our best avenue for shutting this down is to get enough consoles bricked, so that console makers shut Bethesda down from console modding.

Worse case it pushes paid mods back a few more years. Best case Bethesda gets BTFOed and descends into PR hell.

Some powerful jew magic is at work here. Of course I love the fact that this all stems from jews jewing jews while fucking over FO4 players. What a time to be alive! Both sides are acting like twats but who cares, both sides were twats before this even began!