NX is "not about Specs" states Reggie

Welp…..

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_64
exhentai.org/g/80779/e8507d2d48/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are you seriously surprised OP? It hasn't been about specs since the GC, Nintendo sales numbers rely on exclusives and casual appeal.

I wouldn't even care about lower specs if it meant more of the system was dedicated to things that actually matter in games like say more players at once, multi-video output or whatever but you know it won't be.

it'll be yet another Gamecube with an ever dwindling library of software.

It hasn't been about specs since the SNES. Who gives a fuck, Nintendo is going to become a mobile game company and discontinue all hardware besides handhelds. Eventually that will go too.

How many games did they show on E3 again?

RIP

He has a point, you can have the best specs but without software it is useless.

What Nintendo needs to do to compete with Sony/MS is make a clone. But they've publicly stated they don't want to compete.

Exclusives are dead, getting big third party multi plats on your console IS important. If it's just going to be a console for Nintendo games I expect 20 million sold at best.

That's why they partnered with Silicon Graphics back in 94 to get some by the time top of the line 3D graphics huh?.

N64 is a 64 bit console while PS1 is a 32 bit.

Are you retarded?

Consoles are for exclusives and in nintendo's case, also gimmicks.so basically consoles are a cancer to the industry

The real deal is the PC + Handheld combo.

Have any of their consoles been about specs?
The Gamecube was third place as far as system strength, the Wii was a barely upgraded Gamecube, and the WiiU was outdated two years before the system even launched.
The NX just needs to drop the gimmicks (waggling, tablet controller, etc) and make a system that's solid and has a good library going for it. They need to get 3rd parties back on board and shell out some money to get some 3rd parties to give them exclusives and games released at the same time as on other systems. And they need to make sure their system has a similar architecture as the competitors to make ports easier for companies and make that something they're more willing to do.

But Nintendo won't do any of that. The NX will have some stupid gimmick at play, Nintendo will continue to shrug off 3rd parties and won't do any sort of real work to get users to switch over to their system. And the NX will die a slow death, only held together by three releases a year and the odd Ubisoft shovelware game.

Want it or n, consoles keep the industry alive.

Of course it isn't about specs: just see Ps4,best specs of all and what you get at most is Bloodborne,at least until now.
You can go with absolute shit specs if you have the games to back it up,the problem is Nintendo was lacking this too with the WiiU and even with the Wii.
Go back to make good games and people will not give a fuck.Add the specs and with third party support you can blow out the concurrence.

Xbone with Project Scorpio will not make Xbox suddenly surpass Ps4 sold units if there is fucking nothing to play on it considering 80% of the games are available on Pc (behind W10 but casual and normalfags don't care).

Do even know why it called N64 in the first place you underage fag

Uhh fam…

You have no idea how wrong you are.

Nintendo just needs 3rd party support

but they wont do it cause the old specs of the NX if that is a thing. What makes a console good is the games

and if the NX doesnt get games its Wii U 2.0 Electric booagloo all over agian

Show me then.

because ur mum has fucked 64 different black dudes

He's right, it's not about the specs.
It's about the censorship. Die NOA.

Do research before you talk about things, user.
Don't treat assumptions as fact.

That is the problem.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_64

How about you underage retard learn some history

The Gamecube was stronger than the PS2.

I'm feeling it.

rip shitty company

Despite the PS4 selling the most, Sony thought it was a good idea to release the PS4 Neo.

wew how the fuck are you here and don't know this?

Nope, it's the other way around. The industry keeps console alive.

They want the new3ds sales.

Top kek.

He is right, though. No one should give a single fuck about the specs. However, what I am getting fucking mad about is how they are being absolute cunts in treating their IPs. WHO THE FUCK WANTS STICKER STAR WIIU? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT? And Ace Attorney being turned into 3d is fucked up, too. (Yes, its a Capcom, but fuck 3d)

I don't want fucking gimmicks. Give me awesome games like Custom Robo, Metroid Prime 4, F-Zero NX, there is just so much potential yet these fuckwads just can't bother anymore. Fuck this, I need a different hobby.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

the gamecube had more power than a ps2 m8.

I already fucking knew that the N64 is a 64 bit console since i was 6.
My post
Was because you were underscoring the obvious.
Gee.

No, seriously. Are you retarded?

Another move i can't really understand.Xbone had serious problem with the multiplat and in a limited way so had Ps4,but they made the entire selling point of Ps4 by being better than Xbone.
Now for what purpose this new console? Beside what stated
4K is still too far and so is good VR.Multipalt game sure as hell didn't improve so much to guarantee something like that,there is nothing similar to a new Crysis-kind of jump.

Meant to

sure thing bud

The N64 had good specs. The storage limitations on the cartridges were what held it back.

saying that its a 64 bit console is pretty generic
It has a cpu thats capable of 64 bit calculations not that its able to access 64 bit addresses or anything like that i'm pretty sure

Do you seriously think that i wouldn't know that if i hadn't posted this

If anything

This guy is an idiot for saying that it hasn't been about specs since the SNES when Nintendo was clearly aiming high with the N64 back then, as doing any research would suggest.

The console industry is contracting right now and they are going to need to move ~70 million more units between the PS4, Xbone, and Wii U, just to match the 5th generation in total unit sales.

Now obviously there are other revenue streams available right now like paid online, micro-transactions, virtual console/digital storefront games, but that's a very large drop in dedicated hardware from not just the 7th generation [which was certainly inflated from RRoD/YLoD and Wii sales], but from the 6th generation. If you add in handhelds, it gets even more lopsided.

I think they've basically made the decision to abandon the loss leader model established by SEGA and simply sell profitable consoles more often to the "hardcore" base.

I'm feeling so smug right

It's about tricking Sony and Microsoft into shoving out more Hardware that they can't afford to produce.

No bullying please.

The purpose of both halfgen upgrades is to provide a 1080p+ platform as an excuse to drop the old consoles to 720p, where they have enough power to create impressive graphics complexity. Wouldn't get away with this if there wasn't an option inside their ecosystem to play it at a decent res.

just remember to do your research first

The N64 and Gamecube were both graphical powerhouses for their day. Their current strategy of cheap gimmick consoles only started with the Wii and DS.

>sonyggers & xboners still hammering "muh powerful console" shit into the fucking ground
Goddamn, just buy a fucking PC, you insufferable cunts.

sauce?

3d was a mistake

But that's exactly what I wanted, we know it has some power since FFXV is going to be ported to it, but if it's $250 I may just end up buying it for Breath of the Wild.

If it's around the Xbox One in terms of power but with the ram not fucked up and more power efficient that would be excellent.

Imagine Zeldo, but without blurred out textures, poor framerate and actual good looking trees.
Wouldnt that be tremendous?
Too bad youll have to buy a new console for that to happen so you can do it again next gen.

While technically true (it did have a 64-bit CPU) it was much faster at 32-bit operations and such most games were in fact 32-bit. Also the FSB was only 32-bit anyway.

Also the NX is dead in the water if they think being sub-Xbone in terms of performance is going to be good enough in 2017. Sure, the strongest console is almost never the one that sells the most (with the notable exception of the PS4) but there's such a thing as being too weak to even compete on any level.

Fuck its a fucking streaming service, isn't it?

graphics never should've gotten better than PS2
it's ruined the industry

Nintendo hasn't been about "specs" since the SNES though.

There's nothing to even defend. Every Nintendo console since SNES has been the most underpowered pile of plastic on the market. They don't even deny it. The only reason why the Wii U didn't get that title this generation is because the Ouya is a thing.

Who on Holla Forums actually wants their next console? Who the fuck is actually looking forward to this shit?

Scratch that, N64 boasted it's tech too. It was still weak shit next to the PS1.

From the author of Baku-on!! : exhentai.org/g/80779/e8507d2d48/

It hurts, every day I get reminded of it and it just hurts inside.
When will it all stop Holla Forums? I just want Wario back

Who the fuck buys a console for the "specs"?

Sonyggers apparently.

I've felt graphics were good enough since RE4, HL2, and MGS3. All I ask is that level of quality, with ever improving resolutions and famerates.

Why are there so many underage and uneducated posters on fullchan Holla Forums? Does summer vacation start earlier nowadays?

Thanks user.

Actually quite a lot of people even back then seemed to think the N64 was less powerful when it's only real limitation compared to the PS1 was the use of cartridges.

If Nintendo had have gone with CD-ROMs like the PS1 did that gen would have turned out very differently.

I'm sure the Vita had better hardware than the 3DS, what saved every console is it's list of games. That's what makes you get a console.

I'm sure this is the best for everyone, even Nintendo fans.

I still believe this is because it's hard to code in Nintendo consoles.
In Microsoft ones you obviously have Visual Basic.
Even when coding for Playstation you have some helpful interfaces.
In Nintendo ones you're just diving in the darkness, hoping that what your doing makes any sense.

Consoletards in a PC thread

Consoletards in a Nintendo thread

Its called console wars for a reason

Maybe that's the case. I owned both growing up so to hear people say that the N64 was weak is bizarro world type shit.

I'll never understand the consoletard dick-measuring contest for something as petty as graphics. At least now it makes sense, since today's consoles barely have any worthwhile games.

Except the Wii U. It's weak as shit and even though it's the oldest of the 3 consoles this gen its lineup is sparsely populated with decent games (most of them being 1st party).

Being the cheapest and least powerful console doesn't mean you instantly win.

Maybe it was technically stronger, but PS1 games looked a lot better, if that makes sense. A lot of N64 models were untextured, and the textures that it did use were low resolution and blurry.

Of course not, it's about
VIDEO GAMES
Specs do not fucking matter on a console.

I think you'll find the low res blurry textures, low quality audio etc. were specifically caused by the fact it used cartridges.

The absolute largest N64 games only 512Mbit cartridges (64MB). Meanwhile even standard PS1 games had 700MB available to them, and disc swapping was actually viable due to the lower manufacturing cost of discs vs. cartridges.

The point is that Nintendo can claim it's all about content all they want, but the Wii U has shown that Nintendo aren't always able to put out the content in the first place.

If they hadn't burned their bridges with 3rd parties in previous generations the Wii U might not have been a total disaster.

It doesn't help that Nintendo apparently used a much different architecture than the "crappy PC"-style the latest PS and Xbox consoles have used.

I thought Nintendo did specifically re-structure their in house developers, but that could not mean much in the end. They also bought the rights to some Peach Boy game, I don't know what the fuck they're doing.

I don't care about the graphics, I care about the game quality. Yet, when you mix graphics /AND/ quality, you might get something like this.
This, video related, is all I ask for.

Seriously, Nintendo has fucked up so bad, they're basically the Apple of vidya. Overpriced, underperforming hardware, for great software, when you have neither, you get a catastrophe.
The only passable game on Nintendo was Bayo 1/2, MK8 and Tropical dong.

All sequels one way or another too.

Nintendo developed no game worthwhile and their console is dead before release.

I used to like Ninty once upon a time, but this is just sad.

Fucking faggots, all of you.

Does this thing have any specs? No.

It outsold all smartphones in history. Why?

Because it's fun and has exclusives.

I don't even think Nintendo knows what they are doing.

People said the same thing about Wii U before release and it was a disaster.

You'll be retarded getting a console at launch in this shit era of gaming.

Unless you're the PS4. Then people will buy you even when you have no games.

Drug Wars was the game during high school

Good thing I didn't buy any of the current gen.

Then why even release a new system at all? If you're not providing a substantial and noticeable upgrade per new console, then what's the point of it at all?

What the fuck that's not my picture

shouldn't that say xbox and ps4? But then again no one here even has a xbone so the pic still doesn't really make sense.

LOL underage detected

It's a few years old, yet it's still relevant.

But isn't the wii u stronger than the 360 and ps3? Its got more ram for sure.

He never said that. I'm sure Breath of the Wild on NX will probably 1080p with better effects on NX

He's just (rightfully) pointing out that being so hardware focused that you're pushing out a console upgrade 2.5 years into "next gen" (lol) is dumb

No it's about the money, plebs are addicted to ninty franchise and will buy any shit you throw at them so long as it's got muh zeldo, mug plumber italiano. Nintendrones are like black guys at a shoe store.

oh boy maybe it won't be a box made redundant by online streaming services.

Thanks by the way PSNOW and xbox's onlive whatever bullshit.

I have a feeling Nintendo will be seeing red before Sony or Microsoft ever will. Maybe if their systems weren't severely underpowered third parties would actually make games for them too.

3.5 years, 4.5 if you count the Wii U as Gen 8.

nice.

Fucking Perfection: The Post

No wait, Scorpio would be coming out 4 years after gen 8, or 5 years after the Wii U.

It's stronger than both, yes. Multiplats that were on 360, PS3, and Wii U looked better on Wii U

Still horrible
Almost tolerable but the PS4 and XBONE didn't launch then so…

Except I got my Wii U for $200 and niggers buy $500 pairs of shoes

Didn't seem to work out so well for the Gamecube.

Yes

Nintendo doesn't and didn't do "grey and smudgy" so it didn't have 'competitive' graphics on the Wii U in the first few years of release, this latter half they've improved a bit

Except the Gamecube didn't sell poorly because it was almost on par with the Xbox, it sold poorly because Nintendo fucked over relations with 3rd party devs and publishers with the N64.

The Gamecube did make them a profit though. It wasn't a commercial success but it was a financial success

I remember when sony was withholding that information. God forbid anyone found out early that they weren't as powerful as your average gaming pc, just like every generation. And just like the last couple generations, specs didn't give us good games. Are launch titles still a thing? It seems like they just ship consoles with a tech demo and tell you to buy what ever garbage is on the shelf.

Mario's shadow

My point exactly. People don't choose not to make games for Nintendo systems because they're underpowered. They choose not to make them because they don't want to work with Nintendo, and nothing short of a shitload of money is ever going to change their minds.

I miss the ps2 days.

Nintendo's draconian policies isolated them and chased 3rd party devs to other consoles.

Nintendo had a nasty history, they have more in common with Disney rather than Willy Wonka as fanboys believe.

I still remember how hard Capcom tried to make Dead Rising remotely decent on the Wii.

If specs mattered to Playstation and Xbox, We wouldn't have seen the entire fucking starting library have simultaneous releases on the last gen systems.

The first 3 years of PS4 and XBox One were a joke. it's taking so many years for devs to actually take advantage of hardware and for what!?

How many people actually buy Nintendo consoles for the third party titles? No one, barring a few exceptions like Bayonetta. Nintendo just has to make decent games with a traditional controller, offer up a decent online network/platform, and maybe throw in some 3DS connectivity and they'll be golden. Instead, they shoot themselves in the foot with amiibos and gimmicks even though these things sell like fucking hotcakes.

I just want another decent Metroid game.

So it's not a matter of just "make your system more powerful and the third parties will come". Nintendo are either going to have to pay out of their own pockets to get people to make games for them, or release a console that sells so well you'd be stupid not to develop for it (this won't happen).

Considering there's no third party titles to speak of anymore anyway on Nintendo consoles, is it really surprising?

I see nothing wrong with this statement. You can't pretend specs are everything and then go ahead and buy a console.

So, last week?

No, it's not surprising, but do you really feel like it'd benefit Nintendo to create a console that is easy to port third party titles to and then offer up a huge selection of multiplatform titles? That ship has already sailed. If Nintendo goes through the trouble, it'd be a pointless endeavor because the vast majority of people will get their CoDs Battlefields FIFAs and whatever else on any of the other three platforms. It's going to take a lot of time and a number of very good decisions before Nintendo's reputation is salvaged enough to the point that people start looking at it as a multiplatform machine with some great exclusive titles, and I just don't see it happening.

Imagine if the last guardian had come out 6 years ago.

No more bully

For me it did. I'd take the GameCube over the Wii U any day. They would need to keep building at things to reestablish Nintendo consoles as a place to put games that aren't just the "Nintendo esque"

Nintendo's weak consoles push away 3rd parties.
But even if Nintendo made a powerful console, many 3rd party devs that worked with Nintendo in the past wouldn't want anything to do with them because of Nintendo's draconian policies.

Nintendo is fucked either way, also count Nintendo's audience shrinking and consumers losing faith in the brand after the disappointment of the Wii U.

Core gamers jumped ship after the Wii when it was nothing but casual waggle shovelware with barely good third party.

Nintendo keeps burning bridges, especially with Treehouse being run by Hipster SJWs, bad to no marketing and quality of their popular titles like Paper Mario taking a nosedive.

Nintendo is getting closer to Sega's fate.
Worst part about this is that the industry in its entirety such as Sony and Microsoft shat the bed as well, but Nintendo fucked up royally.

I didn't get any current gen console because there's no console worth getting.

I bought the Wii and Gamecube for third-party games. I don't even like firsty-party Nintendo games anymore, so the Wii U (and probably NX) is dead to me.

What

Why even get a Wii for third party

The Wii has the best Harvest Moon game.

How'd that work out for you? I mean they had Guitar Hero, but what else? The Wii had shit internet connectivity so most of the CoD kiddies were on the other platforms. What else was left? That's not to say there weren't some diamonds in the rough Muramasa The Demon Blade but it was mostly shovelware

Don't forget

Shitting on any other first party company

Shitting on nintendo

And? I can name a few like Mad World and Muramasa and No More Heroes but honestly

They didn't buy Acclaim either. But guess where all the talent behind retro studios came from.

I wish they were doing more than supporting platinum, and doing tie-in deals with with other companies. But I like the WiiU's lineup better than the Wii's already.

MY BODY IS READY

Not so good tbh. My library of Wii/GC games is pitiful compared to my other systems, but I've learned my lesson about expecting good games from a Nintendo system now.

Because it's purely the company, not anything to do with the actual content of the post.
You were about to post Nintendrone or something to that effect weren't you?

The good games are made by nintendo or second parties, that's it

What, are you retarded? The whole point of the NES was building something profitable from underpowered hardware. It's been their philosophy from the very beginning.

It was better than everything else at that point.

Truly the saddest.

Probably wouldnt be shit, Team Ico is dead now.
You seem to think Im a Sonygger.
But I am merely a mustard.

The wario ware and rhythm heaven games are the true followups to warioland 4.
Shake it, and Wario world were done by different companies.

But they're fucking shit user, they have nothing to do with Wario Land

The problem is that 3rd party support is only enough to level the playing field with regards to content. Almost everything is multiplat nowadays so trying to use devs as a means of gaining an advantage against your competitors is a bit of a gamble, as you may not get the support you'd need. It's easier to gain an advantage through superior hardware, user-friendly design, and good PR because those are things that still vary quite heavily from console to console.

Why doesn't Nintendo just become a multiplat dev. No one wants their hardware, it only limits them.

What about the price? It surely will be cheaper than the other consoles, right???

They design their software for their hardware. Games like Kirby Canvas Curse or Metroid Prime 3 only work because of "gimmicks" for better or worse

I know what you care about, and I don't care. I was speaking for my own frustration.
Not just with last guardian either. The last 10 years have been nothing buy shoddy outsourced nockoffs and companies going bankrupt.
Square wasted a shit ton of money forcing Lighting in everyone's faces and calling it final fantasy, While final fantasy 3.2 bravely default and Dragon quest had to fight tooth and nail to get translations and even then they were done poorly.

some gimmick will most likely drive up the price

Nintendo consoles have always been the cheapest historically

They'll tell you the gimmick is driving up the price, anyway.

That started around N64 and that's only because the competition raised their prices to put in better hardware and release earlier [which in Saturn's case was a mistake]. From the SNES on, they've usually been a slightly later entrant into the market, just not as obviously "off-cycle" as Wii U and NX.

Why don't sony?
Why don't microsoft?
You can make the argument even stronger for those two since
Internally they develop on hardware stronger than their consoles
Which is why a lot of their games run like complete shit

With the way thing are, I wish console makers wouldn't kiss third party ass so much. With the whole Nintendo's lack of third party support thing, people act like that it is as simple as throwing them a party. Look at the launch of the Wii U.

This game was made by the team that designed the PS4.

/thread

Now imagine that for Nintendo. They underestimated HD development after being stuck on SD for so long, at this point I wonder if NX will have even less games than Wii U.

Occasionally, just so my console won't collect dust after I played the only first party games worth a shit.

Why did the idiots at square have such a boner for a shit character from a shit game like Lightning? Its almost like some creepy brainwashing considering all the game mods that followed suit trying to force her into every moddable game.

For us it's not about specs. It's about censoring content :^)

The Wii was great as fuck for third party, just not for multiplats. There are an anusload of kickass Wii only 3rd party games.

Despite NES being more advanced than anything released during its release date?

Wii U's problem were the specs being outdated on release and the awful name.
If Nintendo had marketed the system better then the specs wouldn't have been a problem but the Wii U essentially came late to 7th gen and wasn't strong enough to actually advance to the 8th so consumers had no reason to get it.

Newfags. The PS2 was the least powerful. The Gamecube's problem was minidiscs.

The problem was it was using PowerPC which devs like Ubisoft and EA decided to half-heartedly support.

Apparently, Sony doesn't think the PS4 is powerful enough to actually advance to the 8th gen so they are making the PS4 Neo.

alright thats pretty cool

Not only that, but they refused to play ball with third party shit like uplay and origin, whereas Microsoft and Sony were far more willing to do so.

Everyone hates Nintendo.

Nintendo is the only company with first party titles that can compete with the titles of third party devs in terms of brand power. There is also the appeal to seeing the Disney of video games falling in some misguided belief that would magically bring the medium to maturity. The most obvious reason is Nintendo just being an outlier for good or bad.

Neither is ps4, ps4.25 or xbone and xbtwo so

The only time consoles were about specs was during the ps1 era, because most of the PCs back then didn't even have dedicated grafix cards. Any other time- no.

But consoles advertised bits, blast processing and other dumb shit before then

Consoles like advertising.

But people actually bought their shit because of specs, it's just most didn't compare lists but graphics.

Well, I'd rather have good games that aren't "Open World survival shooter with resource management, crafting and RPG elements" or in general just generic.
While Nintendo games are to some extent generic as well they at least adhere to a certain standard most of the time.
Though I still don't see a problem with them not wanting to sell their product at a loss.

Fuck you faggot

C-Can't we a-all just get along!

No seriously, I like bits and bobs from all the consoles, I don't see why we have to have console wars all the time

It's one particular idiot and it was because Lightning is his waifu.

Devs didn't just hate Nintendo's past several generations of consoles because they were underpowered. They hated them because they were designed differently from their competitors and they couldn't justify the extra work.

The Wii had a fixed function pipeline when everyone else had moved onto shaders.
The Wii U was shader based but with a less powerful, older GPU, and more importantly was clinging onto an ancient PowerPC uarch when everyone else had moved onto bog-standard x86 chipsets.

It honestly wouldn't matter to third parties if the NX is between the Bone/PS4 and the Bone+1/PS4.25, as long as they finally move onto the same AMD x86 chipsets that everyone else is using. Devs that couldn't accept starting from scratch for the Wii U can very well accept turning the settings down a notch or two for a slightly less powerful NX.

Not that they really matter. Nintendo consoles are sold on their first party strength, it's going to be very interesting to see what their artists are capable of once they aren't held back by outdated tech.

I wish I was a Nintendrone. I just can't get over Treehouse's fuckery.

because the fanbases of each shit up countless threads as a result of them being delusional zealots

I can certainly understand it, I mean it's frustrating to see people supporting a company reverting to 90s levels of censorship in their games, or the companies who are charging an additional fee for permission to use one's own internet connection for peer-to-peer game hosting.

Nintendo have been alienating devs since the N64

THIS RIGHT HERE

It's trivial to port shit when everything is running the same architecture. There's a reason why everything is ported to every platform, including PC.

Every System, be it Console to PC, has its issues.

I don't understand why that justifies people actively trying to cease discussion of one system, which is quite appalling in itself.

I am actually dreading the release of the New Zelda and that new Sony game with the the robot dinosaurs; you know that's going to be the Clash of games between the two companies. The shit posting for it is going to be catastrophic.

More platforms need to alienate devs. Criticize Nintendo for their DLC shit or their censorship, not the fact that they shit all over 3rd parties when they get uppity.
And for the record, they've been doing it since the NES, when they saw the track record of western games development (so awful that the entire market imploded) and tried to impose limitations on how many games any one company could squirt out of their anus onto the NES.

That's because you see criticism of the Wii U, which you like, and want to find a scapegoat. Rather than admitting that maybe the people criticizing the console that you like are also criticizing other consoles and platforms, you shout "console war bullshit!" and plug your ears, pretending that they ONLY hate Nintendo and that their opinion is meaningless as a result.

Also wait, how would even Reggie know about the NX's specs? He's just president of Nintendo of America, he's not even in NoJ or close to their engineering.

When you see a console war thread report it and then go in and start saging,dubsposting and shitpost as loud as you can until the mods delete it or other anons join it to ruin it.
Don't give them an inch and we are safe.For everything,be it Nintendo,Sony,Xbone and PC too.

I didn't mention anything about Nintendo. I enjoy the games I like, regardless of console.

For Example, I like Killer Instinct for the Xbone/Windows 10, and think its a great fighting game regardless of the console. I was actually also hoping for Sly 5 at E3 at this year, but pleasantly surprised that Crash is making a come back.

The only issue I have with that plan is that the person getting dub bombed will get a victim complex, and would personally believe that their feelings are justified.

Its a lose lose situation.

Yeah, that sure applied during the Wii period, specially with companies such as Data Design Interactive running around with their absolutely shovelware shit. Despite this, the Wii is one of the best selling consoles of all time, because oh surprise, people soon forget about all shitty games that had down to no marketing.

If the president of the biggest foreigner branch of a multinational doesn't know shit about the next big thing of their company, then they have some really serious communication problems.

Don't worry, I'm eternally on watch at least when I get off work and am not sleeping ready to sharpen my shitposting skills.

Multinational corporations tend to have pretty nasty communication problems.

I know.Then they are going to screencap their shit and plaster all over it.Maybe we can use the archive to shut them up when they start their threads about it.

Or, you know, he doesn't need to know the specs until dev units are actually shipped out.

I don't think the architecture has as much to do with it as you seem to think.

W-well, at least I still have my NES, SNES and N64.

This is something that should have never been memed. The world will be poorer for it.

I blame every single person who wanted Nintendo to "get with the times" without paying attention to the fact that nothing good would come from it. Well, they're catching up, expect paid online with the NX as well.

custom microcode on the n64 boosted the graphics up to dreamcast levels. I think it was some indiana jones game and some racing game that used this technique. The standard nintendo code was not suited to performance.

I'm sure everybody specifically told Nintendo when telling Nintendo to "get with the times" was telling them to add DLC, amiibo implementation, and leave IPs dead.
This company doesn't listen to criticism when fans are right but lent an ear and implemented everything fans wanted when fans were wrong and were better off not being listened to.
The "people" who told Nintendo to "get with the times" is another scapegoat phrase like NoJ isn't at fault when NoA does stupid shit and NoJ just lets them. They were going to do this bullshit in the first place

I hold consumers responsible for the state of the industry far more than publishers and hardware manufacturers anyway.
Nintendo does DLC and Microtransactions now because they see they can get away with it. They censor games because they can get away with it. They'll make a move to paid online soon as well, because the consumer has shown that he has no problem with it. Businesses listen to money, not criticism.

I really don't fucking care at all so long as it's at least on par with the Wii U. If it does turn out to be a hybrid console/handheld and has a decent lineup of exclusives at launch then I'm sold from the beginning. Mid-range specs also means it won't go for some outrageous price and I don't have to worry about choosing one or the other as the PS4 becomes more and more enticing. I'm much more worried about software than hardware at this stage if the hybrid rumors are true at all.

It takes two to tango. Yes the majority population isn't smart with their money and will spend it on bullshit and scams, but If a company is going to take advantage of idiots while lowering the quality of an industry they are at blame too. Just because they are a buisness doesn't absolve them morally of doing every cheap trick in the book to get money.

If that's the case, why even bother releasing a new console?

Businesses exist to make money. There is no reason for a business to not use a strategy that's legal and completely viable in the long term in order to increase profits. That's what businesses do. They're doing their job, it's the consumer who is remiss here.

Yes, it takes two to tango, but this isn't the tango, this is a case of publishers taking the lead, not even bothering pretend it's anything remotely resembling dancing, and just doing whatever the fuck they want while you, the consumer, go along with it and act like you're still dancing.

'mid-range' like the Wii U? No, the Pii U's specs are fucking dog shit even by console standards.
And the price of a new Wii U is the same or often greater than the cost of a new PS4/Xbone while the hardware is much cheaper than PS4/Xbone.

Stop living in a fucking fantasy land, Nintendo is going to ream retards like you with their gimmicks and shitty business practices until you stop buying their shit and tell them why you're not buying their shit.

Flagfagging and console wars? Shit, son.

Once again it doesn't absolve them morally of doing every strategy in the book to get money. When Nintendo does bullshit like DLC or allow shit localizations because they see dollar signs and know their most diehard fans will defend them, Nintendo is still at fault and is being shit. They are still a part to blame

It is very much a tango between Vidya company and consumer. publishers make and enable bullshit and we buy and defend bullshit, how is it not?

How are they funded to do their bullshit if it doesn't come from people buying their games? What is their actual source of income then?

This is what happens when you let the suits guide your videogames company and not artists. Not to say it is easy to understand why a company would do this, but that doesn't make it any less shitty.

All in all, I think the customers are the guiltiest ones in this situation because they have no justification behind their shit taste and naivety, but it's not like businesses are innocent. As someone said before, it takes two to tango.

thats like saying guns are the cause of mass shooting instead of blaming the mental disease
what keeps the gaming industry alive are retards who keep buying trash, like that one user with (150) posts

Apparently all they needed was one game.

Reggie is basically saying what he always does because he's still in Wii/Wii-U mode, but he can get away with it this time.

guess im not part of them no F-zero, no hype
no 3d Kirby/air ride 2, no hype

I don't even own a current gen console you fucking faggot, stop deflecting.

If the NX still has shitty half-assed games like Ultra Smash Tennis and Federation Force, as well as shitty localizations like Xenoblade and Bravely Second, then I'm not getting it. At the very least it'll give me the money to buy a cheap 3DS.

you must be since the cube was promoted as a powerhouse as was the 64, but the cube actually delivered
IBM on the box, ATI on the front….now you're playing with power

What's the point of powerful consoles when there's pcs? The sole point of consoles are the exclusives, and like them or not, you can only play nintendo games on nintendo hardware.

This. The only reason I'd ever consider getting a PiiU is because I like nintendo shit. Or I did before Color Splash became their idea of a "good game."

Because consoles offer
-With the PS4K and Scorpio, consoles will finally be undoubtedly better value than even a custom built PC even without the Wangblows license.
At least for a time until PC catch up again and the cycle continues.

I don't own a current gen console and I can see the value in them

Where's the games Reggie you lying spic?

Same here. I didn't even know console wars existed until sixth gen.

Actually it turns out hes Haitian.