Wow, just... wow

You know when you aren't sure if something is supposed to a parody joke or if serious?

Wow, just, wow.
The unrealistic proportions on those dolls, I mean it's 2016, they should give them realistic proportions like pic related.

Did wu ever release his game?

They look like the primordial spawn that would result from the passionate throws of love between The Grinch and some fucking mime that happens to mimic a mannequin very well. That, or maybe what happens to Barbie dolls that are owned by the more mentally unstable little girls who like to sacrifice all of their toys in the name of Satan.

You type like a faggot.

This is old news anyway, where the fuck have you been?

At least barbie still makes feminine looking dolls, and they are all white, so i don't see anything wrong here

Yeah thats kinda dumb that there are way better dolls out there too.

…. playing vidya. Why, what do you do?

Not shit up the catalog. Im sure you are a cool guy but we have enough notvidya right now.
Plus you awoke doll user from his slumber

I just checked and apparently it was released almost two years ago. It looks like Wu gave in to the gamergate death threats and took it off steam though.

She got caught faking her abuse on there.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!
Uncanny Valley alert aaaaaaghhhh.

Oh shit I remember that.

She forgot to logout of her account when posting something along the lines of "Isn't Wu horrible person"

Are there any genuinely good female game developers?

I mean ones who were actually involved in the game development. I know you get decent ones whose involvement was in the writing or producing the art. But what about actually making the game?

Particularly when it comes to solo developers. Seems to me whenever a good game gets made where the development can be attributed to an individual it's always a male.

The Kings Quest one was pretty good IIRC.

That was a long time ago though.

geez, i wonder why

No little girl is actually going to want that game developer Barbie. Kids don't actually care about the career that's printed on the box unless it's something like a veterinarian that they can directly use in the story they're creating when they're playing. Game designer doesn't lend itself to playtime.

That's not what's going to keep girls away though. They won't want this because she's dressed ugly. There's nothing exciting or fashionable about what she's wearing, and that's what kids want in their dolls.

Look at the spy ones on the left for instance. They're bright, colorful, and most importantly fashionable. They resemble what a child would imagine a cool movie star would look like. The Gamer one is drab and dressed like their bitchy older sister.

The only people that will buy the game designer one will be feminist mothers and cuck fathers who want to push their daughter into tech stuff because they want "equality" more than letting her do what she wants.

There are plenty of female game developers, and plenty of them can be given credit for big games.
You just don't hear about them too much because they have talent and don't need to claim that sexism is keeping them down.

Fuck off

Wow, that's disgusting.

such as

The iOS version was already released before GamerGate happened, now he's constantly delaying the Steam release because he's aware that it will get ripped apart by everyone on the internet.

Steam has a rule, apparently, that you can't remove a game and re-list it on Greenlight.

So, unless Johnny Boy wants to hand over the dosh to just list it directly on the Steam store, where it will get zero exposure, he may have accidentally kicked himself off Steam and ruined his ability to sell it on PC at all.

At least they have Williams on there.

Yeah, Roberta Williams.
No one cared about her sex back then, because most people didn't make a huge deal about it and cared about the game itself. In current year climate, she'd probably be hounded and accused of internal mysoginy by the bluehair brigade.

Wow, just wow.

Why not woman coal miner?

kek

Pratchett daughter? Overlord writer. It was fine I guess.
I think woman used to work in some big companies without a lot of fuzz about it.

Vaginas are misogynist

Dolls freak me the fuck out.

Low demand probably. But don't fret, coal burner and gold digger might happen.

I hope Hennig's talent isn't wasted on Star Wars games. But who am I kidding.

I have no problem with game developer Barbie. I have a problem with "Game Developer Career of the Year" barbie.

Also shitload of woman work at architecture and shit. Technical drawing often. Why not show then in job where there is a lot of woman working and its not that bad by any standards?

Well, Roberta Williams is probably the best example. She's basically credited with creating the point and click adventure game.
Someone has the image, I'm sure, listing all sorts of lady game developers that aren't there trying to get attention for being a lady game developer. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't already been posted.

Very bad bait.
Feel bad.

I never fully appreciated just how ridiculous those stomachs are.
if it weren't for the bellybutton it wouldn't even look like a stomach, more like a bunch of skin around the spine.

I'm not in architecture, but I used to work where the field involved some architecture, and yeah there was actually a fair amount of women in that field. Not sure how it is now though. Because see below.
You know who are some of the most vitriolic women haters I've ever met ? Other women. If you have one woman who is competent and can do the job especially if it's considered higher status and good pay, and another woman who wants that job but has no competence or skill? That unskilled cunt would have no qualms using any dirty tricks to get the competent woman out, and get herself in.

>I'm not in architecture
Me mom worked at that field, city planing n shit.

On related note, Holla Forums is just like slow Holla Forums.

I was a field tech in road infrastructure, read: hired hand, testing asphalt and concrete for the road and construction engineers and civil engineers and gov't contracts. There was a fair mix of women back then in civil engineering where I worked.
There was a few women in the more physical labor part of the job, but to be bluntly honest. There was an unwritten code enforced that women were given the less physical part of the jobs. They're not going to be the ones unloading the 20lbs concrete core samples off the truck, or lifting 50lbs bags of soil samples.

So here is the question.
What kind of game is game developer barbie making?
It appears to be a side scroller.
Appears to be very pink.
Most likely stars herself because Barbie is a vapid vain cunt.
It looks like she is making it on a fucking macbook of all things.
Her desktop background sucks.
Guess what I just noticed!
She is just playing a fucking emulator of Barbie for the NES.
Came out in 91.
This could be Game dev barbie circa 1991 but I'm pretty sure fitted jeans didn't exist back then along with that macbook and other shit.
She is at best considering the script shit going on at the right of the screen, porting barbie to modern online retailers.
I wouldn't think Nintendo would let her do that but to be fair the game did also come out on MS-DOS.

Weirdest thing.

I laughed so hard OP. You have no idea.

I think that's quite a bit more damning for a supposed gaming professional than anything you noted

See, the thing is I'm not interested in "big games". That implies a lot of people were involved which always leaves room for the George Lucas effect whereby someone gets unwarranted credit for the game being good.

That's why I value solo developers. When one person makes a game entirely by themselves, it leaves little question as to how much of the game's quality is thanks to them.

The game was shilled on half/v/ long before gamergate happened. The tranny was has been lurking for a few years. She saw anita's success with baiting Holla Forums and tried to copy the same pattern.

I was only wondering if he ever released his game on steam since it was scheduled for a current year release from what I remember.

But that's the thing. People like to say they want equal representation in all fields. But reality doesn't work that way. Evolutionarily, Women were Prostitutes, Sex Slaves, and Mothers. Because strength to take what you wanted was all that mattered.

It could be argued that Womens specialities are basically the opposite of Men, Visual aesthetics, Memory, Social Engineering. Things that are hard to pin down and measure, unlike mathematics, spatial awareness, physical ability.

But it's like people just want to ignore what nature gave the sexes. And have a Woman leading an Army Unit into battle when you know for certain a Male leading the same type of unit would do better. Simply due to sexual dynamics.

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but,

Stop misgendering him you bigot

Yeah I agree. Current year is full tilt crazy right now though.

They're still just the minority though. Most people really don't give a shit and have a "live and let live" mentality. It's 1% of 1% trying to act like they're all that matters and they can speak for everyone. Every time something from tumblr goes main stream they get btfo by normalfags that all call them retarded.

With video games it's a communication issue with the developers. It's difficult to reach them because this small cabal of faggots have managed to reach out and take up the PR jobs, because actual development is too difficult, while crying all day that the industry won't let women in.

I don't get it why are they pushing grills in the tech field so hard when males naturally gravitate towards it.

Holy shit if that's true I'm going to have an aneurysm. I hope she's working for a better company now, fuck Naughty Dog.

Videogames are dead.

it's a conspiracy to keep the plebs fighting each other so they don't look up and see what the people in power are doing.

It's an easy way to donated bux to your bank account without actually having to do anything.

Pretending to care is a great way to meet women.

She was at EA's E3 conference user. Bioware's showing of Mass Effect: Androgynous in particular. Do you think she's working for a better company now?

Think about it, the biggest succes in vidya history wasn't made in assembly, wasn't in ANSI C, wasn't even in C++ or C#, it was made in fucking Java. Maybe some people believe that the shittier the language the better the game, maybe by coding in JS you're going to get bought for 10 billions USD.

Javascript has absolutely nothing to do with Java.

Well fuck me. All their pew pew point and shooty shit blended together. Apologies.

And where was I implying that ? But as far as languages go, it's definitely shittier in it's category than even Java. Well at least you'll probably be able to make a more impressive game than with Twine.

Personally, I think women in not being in tech is only a problem if women believe that they can't get into the field. For example, if women grow up being told that tech related jobs are strictly for men, and don't give these fields any thought as future careers; then that's a problem. There are women who are just as interested and driven in tech jobs as men; just not the same quantity as men.

So it really depends on what you're looking for
If you want people who lead teams, are the primary designers etc, look at Japan or oldschool western RPGs/Adventure games and you'll fined people like Reiko Kodama
If you want tech-oriented people you're going to have to look way the fuck back

The reason why these people don't get brought up is because casuals and game journos dont know shit about vidya, so only fans of old franchises will talk about it. Thus the creators of text adventures and twine games are pioneers and how dare you say otherwise

Javascript is a mixed up bag: it has some brilliant ideas (functions as objects, closures, lambda functions, only one numeric type) and some really shitty ones (automatic semicolon insertion, with statements, everything needs to be bound to the global scope, the + operator being overloaded for both addition and concatenation, etc.). It's very comfy to develop in Javascript, if you have a layer to abstract the horrible DOM.

God damn her face is just screaming for me to punch it. No idea why people like this freak so much, easily the most punchable female face I've seen in years.

holy shit zoe is a 30 year old woman ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

But do women want to do jobs in tech? This whole push for more women in tech is only going to increase the amount of women who are just bored or dont understand what their doing. Yes we should allow the women who actually want to do tech into these jobs, but we shouldnt force it. im sure there were women in tech for a long time, this is nothing new.

I just want to highlight

How different do you guys think that Amy's script was? I want to read it, it can't be worse than what we've got.

What feminists will never understand is that women who don't go into STEM careers or engineering or coding is because, primarily, they don't want to. There's no depth to the problem, there's no hidden enigma or solution.

Women would rather just have a job where they can be comfy and have flexibility in when they want to work and when they want to be a mom or whatever. And not have a high probability of dying, that too.

What 'can be done is simply fostering more interest in coding and engineering and STEM, and encouraging women who are already interested to keep going.

And yet there is no large push for affirmative action for more Male Hairdressers, Teachers, Vets, etc, etc…

Do you think its sexist that apparently its thought of that Women will not take up a career in something because of what some rando told them when they are ten years old? No one ever makes that argument when it comes to boys.

really? they look cute.

They're okay. I don't like the doll look, and it's not uncanny valley.

Which is a shame because the same thing does happen to boys as well as girls.

Boys get taught not to get into fashion (like hair styling) because it's too feminine and you'll be seen as gay for it…unless your make up is for movies where it can be seen as a respectable art (believable make-up for turning someone into a monster is hard, yo).

Male teachers aren't frowned upon unless you're teaching kindergarten or elementary classes; THEN you get the side-eyes and glares and accusations of possible pedophilia. (As far as I know, no one ever shits on male university professors…)

Vets as in veterinarians? Yeah, no, working as an animal doctor is pretty neutral.

my mom worked for our glorious goverment as a teacher/director in a public school. Got the same payment as man. she told me once that women hated her becuase "only men can tell them what to do" and men hated her because "she was a women telling them what to do". shit was funny
This happened in a shit third world country.

And yet Women have taken over the profession from Men.

Op did you not like Totally Spies?

That's subjective. I find something overly comfy about the game's graphics.
With one of the newer updates the combat is a bit renewed, making it a bit more interesting.
The AI is revamped with proper pathfinding.
That's been added. Though I find the villagers to be very boring and obnoxious.
They're attacked by zombies. They can be zombified.
Wolves attack chickens in the wild.
It's obtainable by water dungeons.
Sheep AI for that.
Jungle biome.
True. Somewhat less since food is a bit revamped.
Multiplayer gamemodes. Bukkit team is part of Mojang.
They come and go. I've griefed before. There will always be bugs.
It was revamped. They made the boss quite a bit easy.

Now I'm going to comment on this person shitting on Notch. Notch is incompetent at programming. He stopped being so active because everyone he hired in Mojang were better at programming than him. The demand for a new "Minecraft hit" game didn't help either. A lot of autists came along wanting a better sequel.
Also, Notch wasn't responsible for Scrolls. That was a separate game handled by a few separate people and it legitimately looked fun. Sad that it died actually.

I still have fun with the game. Heck, the Android version of the game is fantastic. It's a much better product than the PC version due to not being java garbage. That says a lot about it really.
Now this last bit is very opinionated but this guy sounds like a faggot.

I really went autism there.

I think you should leave.

But I don't wanna go to the other side of the wall. It's scary out there.

sensible kek

Rieko Kodama was top tier.

The fact that they fixed a lot of these complaints since 2011 isn't the point. That was the state the game was given a full retail release in and it was utterly ridiculous.

This isn't exclusive to Minecraft or just Indie games. Devs in general put out buggy releases that tend to lack features they promised. It doesn't annoy me or surprise me because that's how shit everything has gone. Though I'd say the more truer release for minecraft was around 1.5 and onwards. There's also the classical "this kind of game will never be finished". But when you set your goal to be a 3D Dwarf Fortress, you're asking for a failure.

That too, but the main point is Notch is a Bill Gates-tier talentless hack as a developer, a thief, beneficiary of multiple strokes of dumb luck, and shamelessly dishonest politicker. Similarly, that Minecraft is unoriginal, of lesser conceptual scope than countless games, incompetently implemented, and not even primarily Notch's work.

That is an incredibly insulting comparison. Dwarf Fortress is stunningly original, unprecedented in scope, described honestly by both its author and fans as a work in progress, doesn't try to hide behind "muh style" for its lack of graphics or interface, reasonably well-written for a public alpha of such a monumental undertaking, and a COMPLETELY FREE labor of love paid for only by donations.

I'm not trying to insult it. That's what Notch's goals were in early development of the game. The scope, detail and how gameplay is handled ultimately went into a very casual direction in comparison. And with the lack of good AI, the game simply ended up becoming nothing like DF, not even that much like infiniminer. It's a strange game. I'm not sure if it's good or not. I just hope DF can get a few updates to make it perform better on weaker PCs.

You might be mad at the fact that you have to be the one wearing heels next to her.

Noice. Especially the elf.

Makes me wish I was into collecting dolls/toys/collectables.

Are you retarded or something?

She a qt. But no one looks amazing from every angle under every situation.

Show these dolls to /monster/, I think there were a few living doll lovers there.

This but not this. Lots of females are interested in science and mathematics. Most females major in biology or chemistry because it gives more options, you can go on to pursue medicine, or switch to research.

Women just are not interested in coding. You can try to foster more interest in coding and engineering, but at the end of the day women are going to do what they want to to. Nothing is stoping women from applying.

Research has shown repeatedly that Generally Women will put keeping close to friends and family and work life balance over better pay, better positions, longer commutes etc etc.

While Men will generally go for something like working on an Oil Rig or Ocean Fishing vessel for months at a time just for good money.

But it's like these people that complain about gender representation and wage gaps think its all nurture and no nature that explains why this is happening, despite scientific and medical studies showing that men and women function differently on a neurological and biological level.

But hey, I guess they don't want anyone to know their $25,000 gender studies degree was a load of crap otherwise they'll never pay the loan off.

Kojima will never stop being a sex beast

I will never going near a doll again

Developers no, but women in other roles, say musicians like Yoko Shimomura, can be pretty alright.

Yoko Shimomura, Minako Hamano, Yoshino Aoki, Kumi Tanioka are all God-Tier. Shimomura is Elder God-tier.

Worth the read.

I wonder if gunpla can get possessed

True. And thats what many women choose careers in medical field. Pay is great and work is little. Hell I'm trying to be a head chemist at reclamation center because I know it's the cushiest job ever. Women are huge part of scientific community. I could go on and on about the amazing women I've met, but I won't bore you.

Women are just not interested in coding. That's all I am trying to say.

They also gravitate towards jobs which involve caring for/nurturing others.

Here's the important question.
Can possessed dolls be fucked?
do they require cum as a life force?

Javascript is the #1 programming language if you want a job.

Java is backdoor security fail trash that needs constant updates and was developed by thousands of spaghetti coder interns. Javascript is the penultimate language that was made in a week to get things done well.

This fucking post. You guys DO know that Hennig said that most of Uncharted 4 is still her writing, right? On twitter?