Spaced in videogames

Are there any videogames where a character is spaced?

The closest I can think of are:
- Mass Effect 2 when shepherd dies at the start of the game, but I don't think this really counts because he suffocates almost immediately and then re-enters atmosphere
and
- Portal 2 where Wheatley is technically spaced, but as it's a core, it's hardly the harsh finality a human would face running out of oxygen

Any game where you can clip through the geometry and fall eternally.

Kerbal Space Program allows you to strand kerbonauts in orbit freely.

I've accidentally walked out of an airlock without a helmet in Take On Mars.

Deadspace for a bit

Can you see them there on subsequent launches?

Doom 3?

Instead you have a computer with air cooled processors and power supply being stuck in an airless void where its cooling doesn't work.
Trust me, wheatley wouldn't last long up thereā€¦

Is there? I don't remember that. There's that spacewalk section right before the autocannon but I don't think anyone just floats away into space forever

The cores could be nuclear powered or have a solar backup? They seem pretty okay even for long periods disconnected from the reactor.

And they could be liquid cooled rather than air cooled, but that really wouldn't last long either if it were conventional. But, then again, it's Aperture Science. Wasting money on making everything spaceproof kinda seems like the sort of thing they'd do.

The cores are definitely waterproof IIRC.

FFVIII for a bit.

Something like the second scenario happens in Ratchet and Clank UYA. Too bad they just keep bringing that idiot back repeatedly now because Insomniac can no longer make good Ratchet characters and just keeps reusing them even if the joke got old forever ago or they were shitty in the first place.

You can even rescue them.

Modern Warfare 2.

space station 13
its actually a pretty great way to kill someone or even better, to dispose of a corpse

Is this some kind of fetish?

Danganronpa 2

Ghosts as well

What?

Mass Effects 2 and Portal 2 are complete Trash

I want to understand too

Are you two so inept you can't understand through what has already been said in this thread?

Yea

jk i got it

dude

I think in Shattered Horizons you die if you go out of bounds.
You will also float out into space when you get killed as well.

Killed instantly by debris

Re-enters and dies burning up.

Spacing is where an astronaut is propelled into deep space in a functional pressure suit, either out of reach of fellow astronauts or deliberately. Because there's no way to be rescued they have to come to terms with the fact that they have as long as however much oxygen they've got left.

Space Station 13.

Being spaced it's like 1/3 of the experience.

I like how the bodies look after they spend enough time in space.