Private Warcraft servers

What private WoW servers are you playing or interested in ?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.crestfall-gaming.com/
twitch.tv/indianola
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holding out for official legacy servers, as unlikely as it is.

Good luck with that

Being a legacy WoW fan is suffering. Haunted by memories of my favourite game for years now, but no way to play it properly and every private server is complete fucking garbage (don't try and tell me otherwise because I've played on a lot).

Are you the cuck who always pops up thinking modern blizzard WON'T ream you in the ass?

Most of the Holla Forums group that played nost is waiting for an up and coming TBC server called World of Crusade or simply called Burning-Crusade atm

vids

why would you want to actually give Blizzard money after they insulted you for liking old WoW?

The thing about WoC is they aren't building hype like the retards who did playTBC (who then went cut and run with the 'donations' for their server)

If you legitimately had hopes for PlayTBC I feel bad for you, when not even hearthstones worked you know the server was bound to be shit

Some nost kiddies actively had legion pre-ordered prior to nost being shut down

they were retail players who played Nost simply because they were bored with WoD, i knew an australian guild full of retail players and they were obnoxious as fuck

There were people who played nost who thought Nost's "patch list" was 1:1 of the original Blizzard patch list, we had idiots who actually thought Dire Maul was introduced in 1.6

wasn't this server scheduled to be out already? are you sure it's not just another corecraft?

is there a list somewhere of the discrepancies between Nost, or any given private server since I'm sure they all use the same framework, and the legitimate release? I remember dragonkin in UBRS were resistant or maybe even outright immune to taunts which wasn't the case on Nost.

Theres no point to playing it anymore tbh. The good memories are gone and wont come back. Best to just accept its over and prevent the eventual pain.

well, yeah. it's all been mapped out and optimized to the point that people can do it without any trouble. hell, Nefarian was downed within hours of his introduction on Nost.

they dont have release date yet but some people said its prob gona come out in Q1 2017

i thought this at first as well but the insane amount of players and the mass pvp that occurred as a result of that made it so good.

Vanilla sucked

BC and Wrath for life

pvp was fun until things got out of hand and a whole gang of faggots from NOPE showed up with suspiciously more asscandy swords than actually possible resets of BWL came to camp the zone for an hour.

This

Vanilla wasn't as great you remember, nostalgiafags, and playing on a server with like 200 people in it won't help.

I'm hoping there aren't official legacy servers and waiting for crestfall to release, probably early next year

some specifics about the server
vanilla, no xpacks
not using MANGoS
currently in closed alpha, close to (open?) beta
x1 rates across the board
blizzlike, progressive content release
maraudon not open on release day
some items will temporarily be unobtainable to players on release day, and will be available later for balance reasons; however they won't go to the extent that nost did with that, as 1.12.1 item stats will be used for all items
has actual clustering, unlike nost
opening both a PvP and PvE server
will still make the servers if blizzard makes legacy servers
they're making sure NPCs all have the right gossip text and elemental damage on weapons, such as venomstrike and warblade of caer darrow, supposedly works
the development is transparent, and in fact some of it is being streamed on twitch.tv right now, and I think the bugtracker becomes public when beta hits
they haven't started seriously marketing yet
forums.crestfall-gaming.com/

look it up if you wanna know more

other than that theres a server called classic warcraft being developed, I don't recall the release date or know for sure if theres a set one but all I know is its a x1 vanilla server thats not done yet

and if you wanna play vanilla WoW now you can play on kronos, kronos 2, or rebirth

PvP was kinda fun but you felt gimped if you werent top guilds on server who were paying for loot to Nost GMs

Seeing NOPE and Coalition members filling their premades with nothing but warriors with Asskandy was both stupid and suspicious

also some content is made slightly harder to compensate for player skill, forgot to mention that part
don't think that change will be nearly bad as feenix's version of the change though, and I'm not sure if it'll be a noticeable difference or not

there whole selling point besides "quality of life" improvements, is "We fixed the game so these changes will catch you off guard and you won't breeze through it, i'm just not buying it

Getting scammed out of your free time by owners of bad private servers isn't much different from getting scammed out of your cash by blizzard, and the scene is pretty bad right now.

Only one in development I'm following closely is crestfall, but there are probably others, and hopefully at least one of the upcoming BC realms will be good.

that's how it's always been.

Are there any good WOTLK servers?

Kronos 2 Alliance side
We wait for you already raiding Molten Core.

Hellground?

I am in kronos 2 at the moment.

But its not so fun compared to nost due to the less amount of players.

I kinda miss helping people from here with dungeons

while jewing the fuck out of them, pickpocketing shit and stealing all the leather I can get, and pretend there was nothing in the chest

Have a good game!

Did world of corecraft ever release?

lol

Surprised I don't see a murloc or hogger in there.

Nothing atm, was invested a bit with Nostalrius when I found out about it. Turns out it was on its final days, and it just ended like that.
If more private servers are gonna get BTFO like Nostalrius, then I won't waste more time trying to play on them.

WoW is pretty much dead, since they keep trying to do dumb shit like Pristine servers, and not legacy servers.

If you want to play vanilla I heard kronos was bretty gud, but other than that most servers have really low pops and form close knit buttbuddy circle jerk guilds.

also whoo k2

I'm the GM of , Lndi, you can whisper me for an invite.

Alternatively follow me at twitch.tv/indianola to see what's going on.

PogChamp :-)(LIKED, FAVORITED, SUBSCRIBED)

>Alternatively follow me at twitch.tv/indianola

Holy shit get the fuck off this board you fucking disgusting normalfag scum

What's wrong with you? Anyways if any non-spergs want to play Kronos 2, Join (A). It's a /vg/ guild.

You deserve it for having such shit taste

any good private servers of other games? only think I can think of is project1999 and SWGemu.

after Blizzard has shut down one of the biggest WoW private server communities players shouldnt give them a single dollar even if they release pristine servers

Legion expansions looks to be worse than WoD and i wouldnt play it even if someone buys me the game itself + game time because its simply a waste of time and effort.

Nost was poorly scripted, remember Rag could be bugged on that server to not submerge and you could bug him and kill him easu, of course this got fixed one the GM's guilds farmed rag enough

both those guilds got caught botting, the MAIN accounts never got banned, the alts just kept getting banned, Nost was not a good server

I'd rather pay no money and enjoy something and relive shit than pay out the ass for heavily gimped garbage made to cater to casuals

This smells like playTBC all over again

To be fair, even Feenix, a shitty server had about 1K+ people, nost had a large population and felt alive, despite being shit, Kronos got a good chunk of the nost population after it got shit canned

They said "Summer 2016"

That's what we know, if it releases is debatable

Playing on Kronos 2 with gf.

I already "relived" it, you shit. Now I want something that actually works before I do it again.
Never brought up modern retail as an option, it's an entirely different game.

Playing on Kronos 2 with nihilum too. It's good enough, but the server stability lately has been hurting the population. I hope they can unfuck their shit soon.

how about a noose? you probably had legion on pre-order to begin with

they're still recovering from that massive attack aren't they? at least Kronos had the balls to tell the chinese gold farmers to go fuck themselves

is this the same Lndi from alliance 4chan guild on Nost?

same people probably followed that /vg/ reject to ToD

in any case a lot of the 8/v/ guild is waiting for WoC

I guess he doesn't understand how *good* the truly experienced players are.

But he's right about watered down content: pretty much everything is so trivial in vanilla WoW that there's no real point in playing. TBC is a different beast, and for the most part, there's no significant nerfs on the same scale as vanilla except obvious "fixes" like removing Vashj MC or elixir overhaul/Gruul retuning.

Agree with this. Vanilla was pretty bad. The 40 man raids were an exercise in figuring out how to sit as many downies as you could so you'd end up being forced to carry as few retards as possible. EVERY guild had downies, even Death and Taxes and Nihilum and Drama. It made people think 40 man content was harder than it actually was, when in reality there were very few encounters that required personal accountability from players on a level of Sunwell/Ulduar hard modes did.

I thought Crestfall's thing was that they'd release TBC/WotLK on new servers and let the vanilla servers live on; players would get to copy their chars over to the TBC/WotLK servers and continue on. Also, Kronos2 is a complete shitfest. Most melee mobs only do a fraction of the damage they're supposed to do, worst offender was about 1/8th of the damage they did on retail (elite demons in Winterspring). It makes tanking dungeons both a breeze since they're no real threat of dying and a PITA since you get no fucking rage from getting hit for 100 dmg by elites. Worst thing is that the devs are taking a "you fix it by providing concrete proof that we fucked up, we're not even gonna try to make dungeons fun otherwise" attitude. No point in playing on Kronos2.

As for myself, I'm playing on Excalibur, a TBC p2w server. Which isn't TOO bad if you don't care about PvP. You'll see the occasional boosted fag in his PvP gear and green trinkets/belt, but other than that, the server is stable and well populated at any given time of the day. The only real problem I've noticed is that some trash pulls in Outlands dungeons aren't linked properly so 5 pulls become 4 pulls and whatnot, making things easier.

So what are the most "popular" servers right now?

Probably Kronos 2

hard to say really since most private servers overhype their numbers

he's comparing WoC to OTHER TBC servers, not vanilla

he talks about how some private TBC servers just make bosses damage sponges or some are broken and too easy, the engine they're using for WoC is one made from the ground up you should listen to the initial details vid

Infinity had barely 20 people at one point and at our best we were still undergeared but managed to do quiet a few ZG bosses, which is our biggest strength in that we're not the most autistic guild, but we can pull shit off that most deem "impossible"

Still waiting on WoC, the Infinity group go fractured hard between K1, K2 and Veng with people jumping ship after the hyped up PlayTBC server fell flat on it's ass and started redirecting to hellground

Are there any private servers that use the new character models?

Any server running WoD :^)

some guy on Kronos was working on porting and touching up vanilla models to WoD spec

kronos 2 is alright except some of the gm are sjw faggots

might check out the new pve vengeance tbc server

i dont know why people want that, they didnt just upgrade the graphics they changed the models for the worse, old models had a generic feel but atleast they had some kind of soul to them, new models look like some retarded bullshit like orc female is in constant rage because according to Blizzard "she is a stronk womyn and she acts that way"

say what you will, but at least on official servers shit actually works
i've went on so many servers and i was fucking amazed on nostalrius and retail when i saw that they actually had pathfinding

i remember there was a wrath client that had the new models built into it, so the server itself didnt have new models but you would see them on your screen. wasnt tide to any particular server but the earliest version you could do it on was 3.3.3 or something

what happened to nost anywway? last i heard the devs were flying out to meet with blizzard

pick one

That is their official response.

might not have been nostalrius, but i remember going on at least one private server that had working pathfinding

so basically it's dead

It's also daft as all hell. I remember legacy wow and the blizzhate was enormous for all the fuckups they doled around.

Are you sure that's supposed to be a motorcycle? It sounds like a chainsaw to me.

Any ETA on that? Will it at least be online this year?

last update was 3 months ago and when asked on forums devs refuse to give an answer

some guy speculated based on their quest log mini updates that their server will launch in Q1 2017

I tried playing with 4chan /vg/ a month ago or so, and the results were as you'd expect. The Theatre of Dreams 4chan guild is unbearable, they absolutely deserve each other.
Right now I'm playing on Gamer District WotLK on alliance side and I'm having fun. Its refreshing to join a normalfag guild and struggle through icc with shitters. The server is very well scripted, everything works as intended other than a few quests. Even then you can still complete them. The 7x/14x rates are really nice too, fuck leveling up on a private server.

warmane wotlk progressive server is the only server that isn't absolute shit right now

can you tell us more about Gamer District Wotlk private server? How is PvP, raids etc

"Summer 2016"

They say that a lot of shit gets worked on and they only really update every couple revisions

Which explains why shit like Rtas learning how to kite UBRS bosses into LBRS, kiting enemies up 90 degree inclines, and other shit happened

Server is based in germany (UTC+2) and is dominated by slavs. The most active time is between 10-22 where there are are 1300 people or so online, and as you get closer to midnight its 300 people. Raiding is very active almost every day, but mostly friday, saturday, sunday. PvP is good during euro prime time but struggles during burger prime time.
As far as I can tell all WoTLK raids and dungeons are scripted close to perfection. There are a couple of class bugs but they've been disappearing over time. The only one i can think of is for blood DKs where you can have more than 5 bloodworms spawn occasionally.

Only acceptable answer for Vanilla WoW.
It's a waste of time to make a character on a private server that could be cut-off at any moment and that is run by a group of nerds in a basement that are all powerful and that can spawn weapons and shit.

So this was just announced on the Kronos server.

is it P2W?

Thats a tough question to answer. Yes and no?
You can donate to get DP which you can spend on any item in the game, heroic ICC items are expensive as fuck and shadowmourne is like 90 euros. I'm sure there are a few people who have donated for items.
However, GD only accept bitcoins so most dumb and/or rich normalfags can't figure out how to donate. They also closed donations at the start of the year and won't open again until January 1st 2017.
Another thing to consider unlike molten the shadowmourne questline isn't intentionally bugged so you can get it ingame if you want.

what about classes, are they fixed of bugs/lagging behind other specs etc?

no thanks.

the bloodworm bug is the only thing I can think of thats currently broken. I haven't played all the classes in retail so I cant tell you first hand if anything is different, but it all seems blizzlike to me.

anyone?

you cant do it anymore, and I only know of two people who have shadowmourne on the server. Most people are still trying to get through icc normal.

I wanted to experience WoW like everyone did when it was extremely popular, to relate to your nostalgia. So I downloaded nostalrius and after two weeks it closed, fucking great.

Everyone went to servers that aren't the classic WoW anymore, or to servers with 3x experience, or where you start at X level. Fuck all this noise, I just want a vanilla server with a lot of people playing, nostalrius was perfect for that (seriously, players everywhere) but now it's dead.

What server can I play on now?

honestly only good thing Nost had going was the huge population and that eventually became shit because it was impossible to play during peak hours because of so much lag

We are nostalgic for community not Nost and its flaws.

Well a huge population is what I want anyway, that plus having a vanilla experience. I'm sick of any server with increased exp/drops or starting out at lvl 60, it's like they are missing the point, it's a journey to do all that grinding and find parties to help you.

kronos

I see that there are two kronos servers, what's the best one to play on? And is it really vanilla in the sense that you don't start out at a big level and you have the same rates? How many people play usually there? I know that on nostalrius there were like 6k people playing at the same time

theres more people in kronos 2 I think

what time did you play on? I was seeing over 12k in /who daily with peaks at over 14k.

About 2 weeks before nostalrius closed, maybe 3 I'm not sure, that's when I started playing wow for the first time. So maybe I'm wrong about the 6k but I just remember seeing loads of players willing to form parties even in caves, and in starting areas, it was awesome.

Might just join kronos 2 then if it's just the bigger player count that's different

no, I mean time of the day.

Jesus, I don't know those gms/gmt whatever timezones, but it was midday in east europe.

must be when all the chinks are asleep then because it was an infestation those last 5 or 6 months.

I remember people complaining about chinks but I honestly never saw a single chink word written in the chat or anywhere near, I have no idea if someone exaggerated or it's just the different timezone. Also, if there are a lot of chinks why wouldn't they play all the time? Surely we aren't the only neets

maybe if you have Alzheimer and a foggy recollection

go play a game like overwatch then if all you care about is population

Nost was shit because instead of just getting a 2nd server and doing that, they piled everyone into one server far past what blizzard's realm was meant to handle (2.5K)

People went to Kronos 2 because MUH PROGRESSION, and because they couldn't deal with being killed by the established 60s

Well considering you played when it was in it's death throes no wonder, but there was a massive china problem from AH fixing to win trading, Kronos told china to fuck itself and got fucked as a result, with their infrastructure being down for days

in anycase you won't find any Holla Forums group on Kronos that is from 8ch, most of us are waiting on WoC and are tired of Vanilla

Dude, it was my first time ever playing WOW, what foggy recollection? It was perfect for me because finally I got to play the famous wow and see what all the nostalgia is about, and a good amount of people is necessary to any mmorpg, it's just the truth since it's in the name.

I don't actually care about Holla Forums groups, I just want to experience wow because I'm late to the party. All I care about is something that tries to copy the original rates and has enough people.

It wasn't, Nost had only pop really going for it

I'd rather have 2.5K and have no latency and an actual draw distance than 4K people and 8K bots crammed into a server where trying to get through Durotar leaves me bumping into things because it isn't rendering till I'm right ontop of it

Enjoy normalfag guilds who will kick you for petty shit or juke shit from you pubbie guilds are trash

I get your point, last thing I want is some stupid shit like losing some good months of progress because I told someone she is a bitch. But even in nostalrius or any other server, with many many Holla Forums groups, the admins are still power hungry sjws and the rules are retarded. So Holla Forums groups would not be enough.

The more people the more choices, scams, parties or friends you can find. Obviously I want the server to handle it.

Pretty much, but fuck if pop isn't important to an MMO. Especially an MMO like WoW where the economy is an important part of the game and limited world drops can be important AH pickups and the main game is just a dull grind unless you have people to do it with. And there's a lot of content that requires partying up so low pop servers are rather unplayable.

but i play p99eq and it's pretty fun fam.

just don't bother raiding. you'll never compete with the turbo-autists who are still doing that tedious shit 20 years later.

holding out for WoC is suffering

You would think they would patch known glitches before releasing new content wouldn't you, but I guess finding out what was wrong and fixing it is too much work

bump so hard i fuckingdie

bump

SAMEFAG!

inb4 IDs

who gives a fuck tho

nobody

Is there a professions that can make me craft arrows?

I know engineering can make bullets.

Also are thrown weapons like javelins good with hunters?

only at low levels

Bump

Gamer-District is good, raiding Ulduar again

Just wondering, how hard exactly would it be to host a vanilla server? I know Holla Forums has/had a FF11 server going for awhile. Why can't we host our own with uncucked admins/mods?

hosting is not the issue, scripting the server to work properly is.

THIS

though scripting would be piss easy in vanilla over say TBC

there was some sperg in the nost threads looking to "help" script servers but he's a little bitch so I doubt you'd want his help

explain?

Yet, it still had better pathfinding than most, if not all prior private servers.

Nost had no real pathfinding so that prob means other servers you played had static non-moving NPCs