Dragon Quest VII

Have they removed something from the
COMPLETELY RETRANSLATED
3DS version? Since i'm yuropoor i was thinking of pirating it when it comes out, as i should be safe from the memes.
Please anons, i have to know.

They added accents

Those weren't present in the original

As i said, i'm yuropoor so memes don't affect me, same as accents.

I think the major issue that there won't be a nice middle ground from the new translation and the wooden barebones one that didn't even bother with Variable Width Text to fit in more letters. I saw that they're getting cute with the character names like translating wild boy Gabo to Ruff and ancient soldier Melvin to Mervyn

The 3DS game is listed as E10+/PEGI 12 rather than Teen. Mind you, the original was released prior to E10+'s creation, but to be sure:

ESRB for DW7 PS1:

ESRB for DQ7 on 3DS:

The addition of Mild to the Suggestive Themes might be a sign of either game changes or changes in the decades of ESRB descriptions, since regular "Suggestive Themes" is stated to refer to mild sex themes anyway. During my playthrough of DW7 on PS1 (never finished), the suggestive themes were the lecherous drunk jester making passes at ladies and some of the bunny girls giddy to show off their goods in text. Unless the Japanese original was more overt, they remove a puff-puff reference to a wedding ring, or refer to it as "Pattycake" (wink wink), it'd be hard to tell. Either way, some autist will comb through this.

Also remember that ESRB rated Earthbound K-A in 1995 and Teen on VC currently.

NoE is generally better at translations than NoA
Unless their passing off a single translation for both regions.

there actually was cursing in the PS1 version, they said ass and damn a lot, but I can't imagine they'll go there on this one seeing as it has the same rating as 9 which had no swearing as far as I can remember.

It still lists "Mild Language" on both versions. I can't tell what all the "hell" and "damn"s are used in the PS1 game, but some of those interjections are up to whomever translates. Tomato talks about it while working on Mother 3. Some translators "fifteen" it up by sprinkling curses everywhere.

I'm guessing it'd be like the Final Fantasy titles on GBA, where there is cursing but rare.

we will more than likely get the memehouse translation

pretty sure the mild language rating for 9 was just because a lot of enemies and equipment were called "hell somethings" because I don't remember any of it coming up in dialogue.

I don't think so, maybe the english one, but i'm not in britbongistain so i'm good.

Do we even know who is localizing it? I mean it's a Square-Enix game it could be Square internally, NOA/NOE, or even 8-4 or the morons who did the Bravely games.

If there is any major cut content in Treehouse's version, then whatever language you play in would be affected as well.
Most translations of Japanese games into non-English go by the English script. It's rare to see Japanese -> French or anything like that.

But that's what i meant in the first post, cut content is cut in all the versions, memes in the retranslations don't, or at least not in all the languages.

Say it ain't so user.
Original dq7 was an 150+ hours game, who the hell would have autism to "culturally enrich" that huge of a game?

We don't know if they removed anything from the Jap version. We probably won't know until it's released

have you played Chrono Cross? they just used a parser than automatically edited all the text for each party member, which was exactly the same for all but like 4 characters, to add over 30 different retarded speech patterns.

It wasn't.

I thought it was in the English PSX version? The pattycake thing was from DQ VI.

Anyway, I've played through DQ VII 3DS and I don't remember much in the way of sexual content, so there's not much to censor, religious stuff aside.

Yeah, swearing in Japanese doesn't quite work the same way as in English. You can accurately translate kuso anywhere from "Dagnabit" to "Fucking fuckity fuck fuck!" The FF VII translators were the type who liked to spice things up, as there was swearing in places there really was nothing like that in the Japanese version. Though the Japanese version had a good deal of "swearing" too. Cid even swore in English once.

Last I heard (last night), no one really knows yet. People are just assuming NoA.

More like dreading. I so want this shit to stop, I'm tired of being paranoid about each new release.

I'm going to buy DQ 7

Who fucking cares, play the original, tell NOA suck a fat cock. Learn moon runes, move on.

So, do we have any more info on this? Or is it just that one clip of the fat asian saying STRONG WOYMN.

Oh my fucking God, its DQ4 and 5 all over again.

None of those are accurate, user. It just means "shit".