Suda 51 games thread

I was one those people hoping Travis Touchdown would be a Super smash bros fighter
What's Holla Forums favorite Suda 51 game?

For me it's No More Heroes, it had its fair share of problems (barren world, repetitive combat) by the music, characters, bosses and general feel of the game really did shine.

Not looking forward to Let It Die though. If remember correctly, it's a free to play game, so I probably give it a pass.

Killer7 is the most interesting, but I had the most fun with No More Heroes.

I heard Let It Die is f2p. Man, that doesn't sound good at all.

Poor man's Kojima. And Kojima is already a fag.

Because they're both Japanese?

Because they both make mediocre games that pretend to be deep and provocative and unconventional but are really just wackity schmackity doo goofy faggot shit

Killer 7 hands down

Most of Kojima's games have pretty simple stories. "This nigga want to blow up the world. Stop him".

You should pick up Killer is Dead: it was released in the pre-Gamergate era, when the anti-sex and anti-japan bias weren't yet evident, and suffered greatly from it.

It's a collection of short detective stories, with refined NMH combat, and a fun but bullshit ending fight.

Can we start a fan petition or something?

He has never made a good game.

meme games

Killer is Dead was cool, but it kind of felt like Suda running on auto pilot, just piling together a bunch of stuff from his previous games, and calling it a day.

what you have to understand is that travis is from a more adult franchise.

look at the cast of smash, its all kiddy characters from games where there is not a drop of blood. travis can't go 2 cutscenes without a torrent of blood on screen.

if they put travis in smash they would have to replace the gory decapitations and dismemberments with magic sparks of friendship & faggotry like they do in 99% of nintendo games, and that's just not travis.

That was a valid point until Bayonetta got in.

bayonetta isn't even remotely as bloody as travis.

but thats the only difference between travis and the rest of the swordfighting "violent" characters, the blood splattering.

Snake can literally slit the throat of his enemies and comes from a game about nuclear warfare and homosexual cyber vampires.

You probably have Capcom to thank for that

The blood was straight up removed for the Japanese and European releases of NMH1. It didn't hurt the game as bad as you'd think. The kills still have a satisfying impact.

another thing, bayonetta fights generic "evil" demon guys and is the good girl. travis kills people, he isn't a good guy no more HEROES, he's just trying to make a living

you can say that, but he doesn't enjoy going around decapitating hundreds of other humans. again, travis is still far more "violent" in the eyes of a multinational corporation trying to appeal to children and manchildren than snake or bayonetta.

did they also remove the blood from the cutscenes? because thats where its most visual, and if they did then that game isn't even NMH, i'm glad i played the RedZone version on PS3 instead of the shitty mutilated one.

what came out of them when this happened? sparkles?

now if they add fucking Scorpion from mortal kombat or something equally bloody, then you'll have an excuse on your hands

It was mostly evident in the cutscenes, because normal enemies still exploded in a stream of fx and coins. That matched the 8bit theme and seemed intended.

Cutscenes on the other hand, were refocused so that the apex of executions was the move and not the fountain of gore afterwards. It's not the worse kind of censorship around, but I would have still liked to be able and choose between "japanese style" and "american gore" levels of blood.

you mean "european fragile feelings" style?

The "European publisher didn't think a violent game would sell on the Wii" style, actually.

and the sequel is still exclusive to that piece of shit

The sequel was released uncensored.

yeah, but its still exclusive on a shit console

Not if you emulate it.

good luck

You can map it to a mouse and it works just fine.

Metroid and Pikmin too.

A case can also be made for Fire Emblem.

None of those games are outright gory.

in metroid you kill generic evil aliens, as a human you are not supposed to feel sympathy for those.
in pikmin, to be honest, i don't know, i havent played that shit. but from what i've seen everything is cartoony and cutesy.

so both are invalid excuses

NMH was one of those games where playing on the Wiimote was fun and added to the game.

Pikmin can actually be surprisingly grim, but there's not a drop of blood in the series.

Well just the other day I cut Marx in half in a Kirby game so I don't really think it's gore you're looking for.

The first pikmin has you stranded on a hostile planet with 30 days to get your shit together. Do badly and Olimar starts writing diary entries about accepting his death.

Did you play it?

She kills angels,even fighting pit in the intro, and walks around saying "do you want to touch me" while killing them in S&M dungeon devices. If Bayonetta can get in then travis can definitely get in.

and since snake got in, like said. The guy who is put into question of if he enjoys the killing, in multiple games contemplating the consequences of war and having anti war messages. Shit look at the sorrow boss fight. it's only a question of how much money you can throw at nintendo for them to put a character in.

With pikmin you can see them slowly drown, be burnt to death, and be electrocuted. It's not blood but it's still kinda grim, I can still remember the pikmin death cry clearly without looking it up on youtube.

why the fuck did he scrap Lily Bergamo for this f2p bullshit

I think it's less the gore and more Travis says Fuck or bastard ever other line. I also doubt they'd want him shouting "moe" and causing a bunch of lollies to fly across the screen. Or Jerkoff to power up his beam katana.

why did it have to be so trash

For me a tie between No more Heroes and Killer7.

I loved Killer 7 the most.
Every time I get a raspy voice I like to Quote Harman Smith.
No More Heroes holds a special place in my heart.
2 was fun.
Didn't think much of Shadows of the Damned, Lolipop Chainsaw or Killer is Dead but I did like that they all managed to piss off all people I don't like.
Lily Bergamo looked like something I would have bought.
Let It Die not so much.