The next Killzone

I'm kind of worried.

I am one of the few actual fans of the Killzone series. I understand that the studio itself got kinda tired working on those games, but I still think that there is potential.

The idea of "Space-Nazis" is really great and the stuff they did post "pseudo-WW2" with the Cold-War shit in Shadow Fall is neat. So I'm kind of worried about the entire Killzone franchise.

Horizon: Zero Dawn got announced last year and it's the most hyped IP Sony ever got,
Yet I wonder if they're just gonna just abandon Killzone entirely.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for new ideas, but I don't want this entire series to die out.

Killzone's only good thing was the art design of the enemies, everything else is just complete waste of absolute effort.

I don't particularly care about Killzone but it's the closest thing to a Master Chief or Samus Sony has. Sony has never had much in way of company mascots and while Sackboy has arguably taken that role there's still a lot left to be desired in the role of a more 'mature' mascot and that's why I think Killzone will be around for a while.

It's funny how Killzone Mercenary turned out to be a better game than Shadow Fall. If they make a new KZ, get that team to make it.

Each new game has been worst than the last, and Shadowfall was fucking terrible.

Just let it die user.

Who the hell cares about Killzone of all things? Jesus.

Killzone should be more of this and less Americans-in-space.

Killzone will never eclipse this guy.

Ah shit yeah I forgot about ole angry Kratos. You're definitely right in that Kratos will always be more popular than generic Helghan guy but Sony would still be wise to latch onto some kind of FPS too. Kids love FPS.

Dev's Refuse to allow idea of nationalism being a good virtue or the idea that the helghast have a morally defensible perspective

Into the trash the series goes

Killzone won't come back because Sony doesn't need it to anymore.
They made Killzone their franchise because they needed an FPS franchise that fit the grimdark setting that people were getting real into. They pushed it on PS3 because Microsoft had a huge market of grimdark FPS on 360 and a better relationship with 3rd parties.
Now that the PS4 is basically the console of choice for developers, and has a larger user base, Sony doesn't need to worry about Killzone anymore. Now they have things like Destiny getting timed exclusives, CoD and Battlefield running more smoothly on their system, etc.
Killzone is something they can afford to lose now, because other companies are going to be doing those games (arguably) better than they can, without Sony needing to foot the bill.

Besides, didn't Shadow Fall do relatively poorly?

Again refusal to listen to the Fan's that wanted to play from the Helghast perspective, Instead the players plays as a ISA faggot. Literally a game that nobody wanted, nobody needed.

Guerrilla Games, can suck my dick.

Killzone was alright, but honestly it never did anything great.

I hate halo, I think it's the epitome of everything wrong with modern gaming.
Even the first one.
They had 2 times (at least) the advertising budget then the games production, unimaginative and repetitive, constantly trying to cater to "bigger and better audiences" (meaning tweens, students, sjws and hipsters), and never really going beyond the appeal of game one
But they did a couple things right, big one being co op, and to a lesser extent multiplayer, I mean they technically gave the people what they want, even if it was mostly copy pasted from better games.

But killzone, all it had was cool art design. Everything else was in the mediocre range.

How do you explain the COD series or the Battlefield series then?

If that's what they intended then they suck at writing. The Helgast are jerks but they're still more sympathetic than the ISA.

Isntn Killzone that terrible consoleshit FPS cawdude clone with space nazis?

nah

Good point

It's one of the most mediocre shooters I've ever played, the only redeeming quality were the Helghast designs, the story was a joke, the levels were a joke, the characters were all boring and the gameplay itself was trash, I'm legitimately surprised it got a sequel, and the marketing for the first one was so good I was actually looking forward to playing it.

This is why I hate Sonyggers, no matter how mediocre a game is as long as it's a Sony published title it's worth playing to them, at least Microsoft fans admit they only like Gears and Halo, at least Nintendo fans ignore games if they think they look shit like Starfox Zero and that new 3ds RPG, but Sony fans actually care about these games because they have Sony backing them.

The only good thing they could do is do a reboot where you play as the good guys and win.

That game was shit, though. The gameplay was hand-holding garbage. All it ever is is just "here's the part where you snipe", or "here's the part where you sneak", or "here's the part where we force some gimmick down your throat", sometimes with a few corridors of enemies to fight in between. Plus they force you to lug around that assault rifle/sniper rifle combo that's pretty shit at both roles, because god forbid our casual audience ever have to pay attention to which weapons they'll need. At the start of every mission I'd grab some superior Helghan engineering because helical magazines in a bullpup are fucking sexy, but I'd still have that useless piece of shit taking up space that could be used for another good gun.

The only thing that ever made Killzone stand out was the Helghan. You'd think that by now the developers would've realised that nobody gives a shit about the Israeli Space Americans, or whoever they're supposed to be. I picked this piece of shit game up because I enjoyed Killzone 2 a long time ago, but there's just nothing in it that makes it worth playing. I couldn't even bring myself to finish it.

Plus, the plot is retarded.
There's no way any government can so retarded that they think that's a good idea.

right?

kill me pete

I don't think there will a return to Killzone.

Guerrilla are focused on Horizon, and to be honest that's a much more interesting game and I think it'll have lots of sequels.

And as with Ready at Dawn and Bend, I think the devs that did the PSVita game will have been moved on to try a new IP on PS4.

You'd be so surprised that it could almost apply to Sweden.

It was ripped out of Jin-Roh though.

This.
It feels like the original team only got lucky with KZ2's MP.

Fuck, I'd settle for a KZ2 Remaster any fucking day.
Best console multiplayer shooter ever.

I'd like a game where we play as the Helghast equivalent of Adolf. Have him be a failed artist.