Zero Escape thread

Can we have one? I just got done with the safe ending of 999, and I want to know what the fuck is up with Snake being able to take 6 fucking gunshots and not dying.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOjlX2JnE0k6uOgWk2i-VyJfkjtXSLlDe
nichegamer.com/2016/06/10/steam-release-for-999-nine-hours-nine-persons-nine-doors-is-coming/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what a fucking gay cast of characters

two nukes weren't enough

brotherly love and prosthetics

shitty "games"

Is that seriously the reason? Because if so, I'm half tempted to just put the series down. They've explained everything so well so far, and then fucking power of lolis bullshit?

Anyone hyped for 3?
I like the idea of playing another comfy adventure, but the story after the second game can only go downhill imo.
I want to see the protag nail his childhood friend. Or any other kind of relationship development really.

I don't want to buy a vita/3DS but i still want to experience Virtue's Last Reward before the new one comes out on PC.

So i'm using this interactive playtrough.
Hope it helps anyone sharing my situation.

Exiting the thread immediately as it's gonna be completely full of spoilers.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOjlX2JnE0k6uOgWk2i-VyJfkjtXSLlDe

If you watch those videos you're stealing

From the official FAQ:

If you're looking to the fucking Zero Escape series for realism then you're clearly in the wrong fucking place fam

…Goddammit. That actually makes me angry.

Morphogenetic field, son

Reminder
nichegamer.com/2016/06/10/steam-release-for-999-nine-hours-nine-persons-nine-doors-is-coming/

VLR might actually make the cut

Now you can buy a shitty port of a $20 game for $30 with DRM and possibly missing a plot point!

What could they possibly want to censor in this game?

Thats not the point I was trying to make nigger, but sure.

And for what purpose?
Theres barely any sexual censorship on Steam.

Censor? The game playing out on two screens is a decently large plot point, and might not make the transition.

You sure you came to the right thread?

Seriously? That seems like a lot more work than porting VLR.

Lotus, I guess, or some of the dick jokes. Really doubt it will get censored. Although, if they do port VLR, I hope they remove the cat puns.

VLR didn't need to be two screens because it also released on the Vittles

Right, and as a result it wasn't used as part of the narrative either.

everything was okay with my life, I had purpose, goals, things I thought I need to do as a human being
then I met her, the person of my dreams, but it ended terribly and I was betrayed and heart-broken
it's been a year of torture. now i don't particularly care about her anymore (mostly) but these thoughts transformed into others: of the utter meaninglessness of everything, relatively soon death, etc. i cannot breathe
back when I was 21-22 everything felt so nice, even before I met her, I was enjoying life and enjoying art
now i am 23
why then after she left I can't find solace even in the things I liked before. art seems meaningless, messages seem meaningless since they are created by the same people as me and not higher authorities
that doesn't make sense, i don't care about what happened anymore but now i just can't enjoy anything else either
been spending most months at home lately
i want to die i need help i even started taking meds but it all still seems so meaningless
how do i turn the dial off and tune out the constant thoughts of imminent death, lost time, meaninglessness of creativity etc. out of my system
i can't deal with this anymore
i just want to go back a year or two to never plunge into despair

You ok, buddy?

no

this exactly

I hear 999 is coming to PC soon

it'll probably also be on real operating systems like OSX and ganoo since the dangan dangan dangan dangans were ported to them

leaving thread because I haven't actually played these and assume that spoilers would suck given how Danganronpa was. I had Sakura's death spoiled, but that wasn't really a problem compared to knowing that Mondo killed Chihiro. Knowing the killer makes the investigations much more boring, though I've got no idea if that stuff is in this game. All I know is that it has a lot of stuff like the puzzle room in the funhouse of DR2.

Better play 999 on a DS emulator (or a real DS)
I cannot say why since it's spoilers
Also don't ever save in puzzle rooms in VLR if you're playing on a 3DS

Speaking of both of these, I've been replaying it on an emulator and just got to that part

999 is great.

Getting the sub ending, then axe, then knife, then safe, then real is the best order but you really got to get 100% of the endings for the full experience.

Daily reminder that 999 is actually shit by the most standards and only hipsters and retards claim that its good in any possible way.

Clover is worst girl.

the last half of the true ending/epilogue of vlr made me so mad that it soured my opinion of the entire game. this dudes a fucking hack

what didn't you like?

Danganronpa > this

999 is better than VLR in my opinion

I hate how they use time travel as a cop out for everything. It also make the story so convoluted that you forgot what the fuck is going on.

What attracted all of the shitposters?

Wrapped up 999's true ending last night, but I don't think I'll have the time to replay VLR before ZTD comes out. Don't want to get burned out before the new one either.

Question is, how is ZTD going to expand on the concepts in the earlier game? For all of its weaknesses, the way VLR took the ideas from 999's true ending and turned them into its primary gameplay mechanic was really cool. I'm hoping ZTD is going to surprise me.

I enjoy dingdongramble but not even close, fam.

Played through 999 once and it was good enough for me to want to get rest of endings.
It was bit silly but there was a lot of thing that actually wanted me to stay in the story.

Too bad I haven't found time to do this.
Not great, I have played better VNs after I played a total of 3 including 999, but it is good.

The Akane that Jumpei loves doesn't exist, user. Let it go, user. They will never be together
Also, Luna is best girl

A shitty game?

Yes, dangitronpaul is so good and actually functioning that its laughable to even compare them.

Not much point in playing unless you get the true ending

Yep

Well, not everyone can have good taste.

I might be biased on this since I played VLR first (Now I've played 999 and I'm replaying it to prepare for ZTD) and I found the ending made sense. Sure, it isn't even close to the brilliance of 999's ending, and it's basically a great flood of plot twists, but for each one I went "oh, so that's what this weird thing was about !". It just felt well foreshadowed to me. For example, the fact that Sigma's old as fuck is foreshadowed by people freaking out over his pervy moments

Boy it's a nice day to not have autism

The ending doesn't make shit for sense when you think about it, but it doesn't change the fact it's a very clever use of the double screen. Brilliance and perfection are two different things, just like your feelings and shit worth posting.

Some parts of the ending, maybe. A closed time loop isn't unheard of and they pull it off fine; not to mention, ambiguity isn't the same thing as a plot hole, certain parts of the ending are intentionally open to speculation. Or were open to speculation before it got sequels.

The parts of the ending that don't sit well with me are when Ace reveals his motivation for the Nonary Project in the back of the SUV and the sudden appearance of Alice as a hitchhiker.

I always gathered it was rage that made him capable of that, adrenaline and pure anger can do crazy things to a person. From that answer it looks like Uchikoshi was half joking.

Oi, fuck you hotpockets, this is not a hugbox and I'm actually presenting valid points after actually experiencing it by myself, instead of just shitposting for lulz. I can support any of those by presenting actual evidence from the game itself. So fuck off.

If you can't refute it, just admit that its shit, no need to overcomplicate things.
If you won't go for it unless I delve a bit into details then here you go:
It's a shitty vn, it's a shitty escape/puzzle game, it's shitty both as mystery novel and as sci-fi, the twist is both useless and in the context of the game doesn't make any sense (which makes it even worse since part of the writing's genre is mystery), though neither it does out of it, target audience of this are literally retards and even as weebing material it doesn't hold up. to make things even more horrible
THE SAME WRITER HAS ALREADY DONE THE SAME TWIST WITH THE SAME PREMISE EVEN BETTER BEFORE
so there is no justification for why it is so shit, its just is.

If only you were able to grasp it and all of its implications then you wouldn't say retarded shit like that.

So, let me get this straight, the only thing of worth in 999 is that its twist is making use of a console gimmick with the price of completely screwing up the narrative? Alright, I could get behind that, though only if I were as retarded as this guy, because it looks like he assumes that paying attention to the story in a vn is autism.

I'm not sure he was joking

Are you really convinced that post was so good that it needed to be posted a second time? Is it your autism that compels you to ban evade?

Well, as long as you won't provide any kind of refutation to the claim "999 is shit" my posts wouldn't shine.
And the point of reposting it, is to restore things as they were before people went to cry about muh scary shitposter. Also, don't you have any other words in your vocabulary or you will just parrot the same thing over and over again?

What a coincidence, I just finished Virtue's Last Reward. Might get 999 sometime in the future, certainly getting Zero Dilemma on its release.

Your "valid points" aren't nearly the insightful critique you think they are and don't warrant a "refutation".

This was a nice, relaxed thread where fans of the game could openly talk about parts of the series they didn't particularly like. Your approach is like a sweating atheist neckbeard storming into a church and screaming "DEBATE ME". The only intention is to take a shit on the thread.

Well, pick any part of my not so insightful critique so I would make it insightful enough.

mc being an old fart with one eye and a fucking eye valve that apparently nobody else in the entire game decided to make note of during their entire experience, the entire convoluted mess it tried to make itself trying to patch together half of the loose ends and bridging half the others to be tied up in the next game, q being a clone of the mc just for fun even though they never did anything with the implications of him being a clone of what mc should have envisioned himself as

seriously, fuck off to reddit. if people don't like parts of the game and they aren't fans as a result of it, they should be in here bitching too.

lmao the mods banned you for this? this place is devolving into more of a hugbox by the month

The eye thing is a fair point, though there were little hints throughout the game about him being an old guy that you wouldn't really bat an eye at if you didn't already know the secret. I think that Sigma says at one point that he's in college trying to be a doctor and he's finally going to get his degree at the end of the year, and a few characters mention that he must've been in college for a long time. There are others but I can't remember the details. K was a clone of Sigma in case Sigma died I think. He also was not present for a third of the game.

you could be right about the old man thing. it still feels lazy because the dude is only alluded to being old at any given point whereas tenmyouji is basically berated for being an old man - characters don't typically act like they're interacting with an old man, etc. it feels like he came across a big writers block and decided to just lift some of the shit from ever17 without actually providing any good foreshadowing - it feels forced. it felt like he wanted me to say "wow this dude is zero, never would have figured that" in an attempt to try and oneup the ending of 999 and he couldn't figure a better way to do it than crib the work of a game he'd worked on previously - even then he couldn't provide the right context for it to work

Dio actually talks shit about Sigma's eyes and his vision multiple times from what I remember.

He definitively does it though.

That said Sigma did in fact wipe his eyes in the elevator so he should've noticed the mechanical eye.

I could buy the little explanations they gave as to why he didn't simply feel old but I don't see a way around that bulging eye.

the moon shit is funny. radical 6 virus, bad quantum mechanics scifi - even if similar to ever17, whatever. alll that shits fine and nonoffensive/entertaining. i'm not a fan of mysterious organizations working through the shadows but whatever.

the "you were zero all along!!! also you're old lol" felt so hamfisted that i don't look forward to how he's going to tie up what remains in the next game.

Is it really necessary to spoiler everything in every post?

I think the official explanation for Kyle being a clone, aside from being a spare body for Sigma, was because Sigma needed to recreate his vision of the future and that was part of what he saw. Same reason Akane did a lot of the things she did in 999. It's not a good explanation.

The "you were Zero all along" twist is there because it was there in 999. It's also there because of Knox's ten commandments, the running gag is that the game breaks all ten rules.

i mean, that's fair. i didn't know about that. it doesn't make it a particularly compelling reason to introduce something (what appears to be, or in my opinion is) so poorly written though

They did speak to him differently. Pretty sure Dio makes a meds joke at one point. You could also say that the little flirting and pervy bits in this were different because the characters would just see Sigma as the lecherous old man, not the spry 22 year old he thought he was.

I didn't really think the twist came out of no where, though like said, it's hard to see why he didn't just rub his face or something and feel how many wrinkles his face had.

The first thing or the second thing? The first thing about Kyle I'm not sure I want to defend. I think the "I need to recreate my vision of the future" closed time loop worked fine in 999, it was a little strained in VLR.

As to the second thing, they give you Knox's commandments in a memo in the game, and #10 gives another reason for there to be a clone.

Did they really explicitly mention that he rubbed his eyes at one point? That's a big problem. It's a big eye, he should have noticed something.

second thing. i put the game down for a while and picked it up again after like a year so i might be hazy on picking up that memo.

So apparently this guy read some Sherlock Holmes and decided "I don't like Sherlock Holmes" and wrote a ten commandments on how not to write Sherlock Holmes?

Fuck you, here's some doubles for you, Knox.

Fuck. Gamestop sent me an email that there's been a "slight delay" with my copy of ZTD.
I'd better get my fucking watch, I swear on me mum if they fucking ran out of them…

I found your problem.

Yes, my problem is that there was nowhere else to order the watch bundle from. Do you think I don't understand that it's a problem?

I'll have to pick the game up again briefly, I think they must have changed the Chinaman bullet point to something else.

The next guy has you covered

Dude

This is why I didn't mind waiting an extra day for the PC version

What part of this are you having trouble with? I'm just going to pirate the 3DS version to play anyway, I'm not actually going to use the Vita garbage I had to order.

Physical pre-orders from anyone, not just fucking Gamestop, haven't gone well in my experience.

Then why did you order it?

fuck

So I could be 3/3 on the fucking watches, as I've posted several times now.

Is this really gonna go the casual way and reduce gameplay?