ITT: flaws of the game are a feature

Games where fanboys defend their flaws and even calling them a "feature" to add more challenge.

Pics related.

State the flaw.

It's shit

What's flawed? I don't like dark souls either but come on, OP.

He's probably talking about iframing when it comes to DaS.

For some reason some neo-Holla Forumstards genuinely think that because an element in a video game is gamey and not realistic, and the developers rewarded gameplay over complete realism on a certain feature, then it's a flaw and shouldn't have been implemented.

These are the same neo-Holla Forumstards that will shit on movie games all day and loudly proclaim that all games must be all about gameplay, all the time.

This is the majority on Holla Forums now.

These people don't fucking play video games anymore.

you're literally bitching that it's not casual garbage.
you're probably one of those EASY MODE NOW fags.

as an addendum, intended gameplay mechanics aren't FLAWS, a flaw is an error that ISN'T a feature, you fag.

though this is more a bug

inb4 dairantou sumasshu burazazu dx

Because of windowslive bs I didn't play das multiplayer once.
Being able to savescum would kinda defeat the concept of the whole game, bill.
Unless you're talking about the port, in that case, fair point.

The only time I ever saw something like that was people defending the FPS issue in blighttown, saying it made the game more difficult and therefore it was good.

I'm pretty sure it was a joke though.

But this game is for casuals though. Or either it doesn't know whether to be a casual game or a hardcore game.

Do you even play the game?

Game design can have flaws too. For example, people keep bitching about the VATS mechanics in Fallout 3-4.

by linear, I mean it's not mazey enough for my taste.

Are you seriously complaining that the game doesn't let you savescum? Go play Skyrim, faggot.

Subjective
How is that a flaw?
This is so you have a set amount of estus on you at all times in case you're in danger
Don't die then.
Play offline.
Fair enough
Not all games need one.
Worked fine for me
It leaves much to be desired, I'll admit
Weaker, maybe. But definitely not unfinished.

It doesn't need it. It saves so often you can safely quit at pretty much any point.
Or are you complaining you can't save and load at will?

limiting healing items would only force people to all use healing spells, eliminating build variety, that's a terrible idea and you should be ashamed for it.
The alternative is something like lifegems from 2 but that SUCKED.

as compared to what? Oh you had to go back to the blacksmith to do it and press a button hurr durr

definitely not in one, in two sure, but that doesn't make it "casual"

then turn off online if you're too retarded to figure out how to fight people

christ, go back to tumblr.

Low quality bait or summerfaggotry?

Chivalry "dragging".
People abuse that shit so hard it makes the game unplayable for normal players, it's the reason I stopped a long time ago.

Me does.

Replenishing healing items removes the survival aspect of a game.

Dying and losing souls and humanity because of some trivial shit and getting back there only to find the same enemies on the same place placement sure is boring and removes the element of surprise that the game intended to do.

Playing offline means much less souls acquired. It was meant to be played online.

Limiting the number of saves or praising you for not saving in the entire level like Blade of Darkness does is much more effective.

Yeah, that part with dozens of taurus demons, 30 pairs of cropped dragon feet, shit lava level design, and a healthless tree with fucked up hitbox was finished right. It's not weaker, it's nothing but shit.

thanks fam

That would make sense if there was a huge amount of times you could heal, but there isn't. Estus is usually used up very quickly, unless you know what you're doing. Besides, it's not supposed to be a "survival" game.

so what? there should be no penalty to dying? The entire point of the game is learning through dying and then coming back to overcome something that was hard before. Or do you just want your hand to be held and not have to put out any effort? Because that's what it sounds like.

So you just want people to help you and not have to worry about people playing against you? That seems incredibly unbalanced and not fun.

The intention is that you cannot undo your mistakes. You just want to be able to not lose anything or have any consequences. I bet you're one of those faggots that quits the game every time you think you're going to die.

ohhhh, I get it now! you just suck at the game and cry whenever you don't breeze through something.

Sounds like it's just not the game for you
YOU FUCKING FAG

It works like making your hitbox bigger by dragging your mouse right? It's like jedi outcast tbh.

came to post this

this to a degree, I can deal with them though.
A few kicks to annoy them and then punch their heads off does the trick

So you mean it wasn't casual enough for you? Got it OP

How could it be any better?

what said mostly
Regarding less souls when offline, I didn't feel like there weren't enough to properly level and buy stuff. But I didn''t play the multiplayer so I can't compare it.
The first option sound incredibly annoying tbqh. Either let me save whenever or set points. Giving me a certain amounts of saves per level sounds like a headache.
As for the second: COme on, fam, making it optional would take away the challenge and the character of the game.

For DaS, lagstabs and dead angling.

Had some turds here try and defend the backstab metagame on dark souls, all the while insisting they aren't BS fishers.

King's field 2 had horrendous framerate, how did that shit even made it to release is a wonder. First king's field had an enemy that jumped that was basically impossible to hit in the air, what with PSone controls.

I'd say that stuff like that are more personal opinion things rather than actual objective flaws. Games won't always do the exact things you want them to, get over it.

Witness these digits

You get more than enough souls offline to get through the game. Complaining that you only get enough in multiplayer tells me you grind bosses since anyone competent at pvp would be able to beat it offline

Gunz, where the bugs actually are the main feature.

Bad level design eh.

Opinion discarded. It's a shit concept indeed. It's like that horrible flick with tom cruise where he dies over and over again. I can't digest this shit.

No, I just want a game that wasn't built around pvp. In game pvp makes the game felt unbalanced, could be too easy or too hard, but just unbalanced.

But I can though. Replenishing estuss obliterates all survival aspect, hence undoing mistakes is literally the point of the game. It's a casual game.

I don't suck at the game, but I'm not a cuck that accepts all kind of shit this game shoved down my throat.

Please read pic related

you do suck at the game, and you want it to be some casual piece of shit.

fug off summerfag.

first 3 tries of sens fortress

after dying like 300 times and getting neurosis over a fucking video game

People get bored, see.

Everything I don't like is a flaw too.

If you don't like replenishing healing items, why don't you just not use them? Do a run with just your five starting flasks and whatever else you find

Did you mean to type that, or are you seriously bashing a game for not being a different genre? Is like if I complained mario is shit because it's not an fps.

IF YOU DONT LIKE QUICKSAVES WHY DONT YOU JUST NOT USE THEM

lol, you REALLY suck at the game AND you're a casual piece of shit.

if you don't like the game, don't play it!

What quicksaves? It's a persistent autosave so you can't just reload every time you fuck up

here we go again

Sens fortress isn't that hard, m8. Sounds like you're a bit impatient.

Sauce?

no, you just suck.

now go back to tumblr retard.

All this anons

You're arguing personal preference. You liking quicksaves more than autosaves doesn't make autosaving bad.
Explain why it's detrimental to the game using something other than this other thing might have been better

Pick one argument and stick to it.

He's a bitch that doesn't want to be punished when he fucks up. He wants the ability to never have to die. That's all.

Souls has a lot of problems with it. Quick saving isn't one of them.

its funny how you manage to complain about the game being too easy and then complaining that you die too often
almost as if you had trouble at a game that set a bare minimum for action games post 2010
who in their right mind would call this a feature
here I thought you actually had legit points to get a discussion going, probably about pvp netcode, sl invasion matching, weapon balance, iframe rolling but now I realize you're just a le ebin master race shitter that cant play video games

Wouldn't dying repeatedly in any game be repetitive? You are dying repeatedly after all, how is this a flaw?

You didn't seriously try to farm souls did you?

What really irritates me the most about King's Field series is the painfully slow turning speed. It adds nothing to the gameplay or tension. The unclear hitbox range and weightless weapon hit are garbage too. FROM is notorious for thinning the line between design flaws and features. They could be a competent dev if not because of this stupid crap.

Have you ever tried to design a website or any user interface? It's my job, and there's no such thing as "personal preference". Every details must meet the expectation and work according to the capability of logic of the majority of the users. Personal preference only applies to art, and even in art there are such things as contemporary and experimental. Experimental arts are either only used for practice or liberal trash.

Are you trying to say art that is disliked by the majority of people is automatically bad?

Holy shit, I remember this game

Well yes, but it doesn't exactly work that way. The difference between experimental and contemporary is, whereas contemporary artists know their direction and have standards, experimental artists tend to be directionless and confused. Sometimes they aren't even confused, they just avoid directions altogether. This is what makes experimental arts feel half assed and trashy.

More like that's been the majority of Holla Forums since before jewt sold us out on halfchan.

fuck off, there are plenty of bullshit moments where luck/dying and trying again is needed. How many times did you have to try to get past the two silver knight archers?

Not only did your reply not address the contradictory nature of your complaints, you go on to rant about how "personal preference don exits". Maybe you should just git fucking gud you damn scrub.

b-but it's to add to the tension. Crippling your character's movement and making them unable to do things any person with function legs can do makes it scarier

Falling into a hole with 15 estus flasks left is pretty gay.

Which ones?

Maybe you should slow down and watch your step

If the game wasn't so irritating, maybe I'd do that. At the first time of exploration, you would be very careful. At a few tries, you'll memorize all the traps, but sometimes you still die because of some trivial shit like I've said before. This patience losing contest is what makes dark souls unbearable and those with obsessive compulsive disorder may lose a huge chunk of their life to this game. It's shit game design that is being praised by masochist soulscucks.

but movie games aren't games, they're just movies.

But not the huge pits I guess

If you were seriously disliking a game because it isn't something else, why did you play it? Did someone tell you it was a dungeon crawler?

I can do that too.

It's an cool game. There's a reasonable distance between bonfires so even if you die or fall for some traps, it's easy to consider it as a contained segment and try again. You could always try at it for a few times, save, and quit to try again at a later time. Even still, you could always assess where most of the damage to your health is coming from or areas unexplored while you're waiting to get on the bus, or some other daily routine when you're away.

I got DaS2 recently… it sucks, since I am over 2 hours played no refund, but still, people who complained about DaS1 difficulty and how it has horrible pacing sure don't know what they talk about, this one really seems to have gotten harder by virtue of breaking the controls, hitboxes and mechanics, parry is unreliable, riposte is almost never there, and even though some stats now affect more attributes they literally bound stuff like frames and jump distance to stuff you may not level up due to the build you make.

You know the biggest flaw with saying people who like tank controls are just fanboying is that you just complain instead of understanding why tank controls were there in the first place. Tank controls were used because they are the best controls for the fixed camera setup they had for the game, with perspectives changing angles you would get sharp sudden turns in directions you don't want to walk in. The remaster versions prove this and can be a disaster for a game about surviving. The fixed camera angles were used because for a horror game, atmosphere was key to it's design. Hardware limitations meant we couldn't have the graphic fidelity like we do today so this was a trade off. The fixed camera also allowed for cinematic effect as in the positioning of your field of view can be exploited to it's fullest. The time that RE was created was a time were two analog sticks wasn't a thing then which is understandable considering developers were still experimenting with control layouts.

Even today tank controls are superior that any other control scheme for this type of camera control setup and as time went on, Capcom addressed a lot of the issues like quick turn with the peak in tank controls being RE3 Nemesis. I really wish that those who complain about tank controls really get their heads out of their asses and see why it atleasts works and still works today.

You say that as if game "critics" have ever known what they are talking about.
There were reviewers lamenting the fact that you couldn't talk to the demons in Doom when it was released.

I actually got past them on my first try, ended up dying to them a couple times on my next playthrough though.

I am honestly fucking baffled that you're listing this as a flaw.
That's like saying "oh man, I really wish Tetris was an FPS"

yeah and it was great, same with quake, unreal, dark souls, and melee.