There are no "bad games"

Why do you guys say games are bad? That isn't possible.

If it was released in a final state, then it must be fun in some way. Take this game for instance:

store.steampowered.com/app/444720/

Sure it SEEMS bad to many people here, but in some way it is enjoyable. Maybe the dodge ability is fun to use in combat, or maybe the music is good, or maybe it has good exploration, or maybe it is short.

You have to look for the good in everything. You could probably show me any video game and I'd play it to completion by allowing myself to see what the developer was going for.

Other urls found in this thread:

hard-light.net/
store.steampowered.com/app/329950/
store.steampowered.com/app/379720/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wonder where this thread is headed…

We have objective criteria for what determines a good and bad game. For example: programming.

In Risk of Rain: there's a chance that, if a boss is killed on the same space as a teleporter that sends you to the next level: he will drop the chest right next to it and pressing the button to open it also activates the teleporter.

So when you open the chest: you will have no time to make the selection of what item you want AND pick it up because, when the item spawns, you don't automatically pick it up; you must separate your character's sprite from it and then touch it.

Now, Risk of Rain is a fine game but it's programming oversights like that that keep it from perfection. If shoddy programming like that is a pervasive, constant problem throughout an entire game (Fallout 4): you have a bad game on your hands.

Many games aren't.

Big Rigs.

Fun =/= good. Knocking over other people's trashcans and running away is fun but that doesn't make it a "good" past-time. Just because something is so bad it's laughable doesn't mean it's good, it means it's so bad it's (unintentionally) funny. Funny in the sense of "holy shit how could a human being think this was worth releasing haha" kind of way.

Stop shilling your shitty game.
Just because it might have something good or enjoyable doesn't mean a bad game isn't bad. Just because you subjectively like something doesn't make it objectively good

someone post that game made by chinks who hated gamers

League of Legends
Skyrim
Undertale

There, there are bad games. You just have shit taste.

Oh. MY.

FUCKING GOD

Ok lets just not talk about any games at all then. We'd jsut be shilling amirite guise?

here's another game. I TOTALLY work for a dead developer

hard-light.net/

Fuck off back to reddit, casual.

reddit doesnt play space sims beyond star citizen

You're being terribly aggressively defensive about it so you're only supporting his point.

Careful Mark bans you for having that "wrong opinion".

Reddit doesn't think bad games can exist either.

Your logic doesn't really have much sense involved.

Reddit doesn't even play games at all from what I've heard

At least you admit it.

but bugs are just a feature

This

There's dismissing a claim and then there's doing so in an extreme and aggressive manner. One of which is a plain statement in its purest form and the other makes you look like Alex Jones. Your post looked like Alex Jones. Tone it down and you'll find people are more likely to believe you.

store.steampowered.com/app/329950/

Play this then OP. The game you posted looks fun. Shit like this though doesnt.

Why do you guys say games are good? That isn't possible.

If a patch was released after the release, then it must be broken in some way. Take this game for instance:

store.steampowered.com/app/379720/

Sure it SEEMS good to many people there, but in some way it is shit. Maybe the dodge ability is non-existant in combat, or maybe the music is shit, or maybe it has boring exploration, or maybe it is shit.

You have to look for the bad in everything. You could probably show me any video game and I'd tell you why it's shit because I wasn't raised in a fucking skinner box.

Yeah fuck video games right? Only faggots like that shit.

pure coincidence, I'm sure

Another example. I wasted a ton of my life on Left 4 Dead series and L4D2 is truly a bad game.

9 months in development, to add 3 new SI classes along with a ton of new Survivor weapons, new game modes and more maps. Compared that to the original that had 4 years of development, 3 SI classes to balance, 5 Survivor weapons, 2 game modes and 5 maps.

No wonder why L4D2 is the shitshow that it is today. The programmers had no time. Melee weapons, oh my god the melee weapons are so broken, programming wise. Not only does tickrate of the server decide how good the melee weapon is (ray tracing are spread more out on high tick rate = wider swing arc for the Survivor, easy to clear 180 degrees of Infected) but if you alternative with shoves, melee weapons reset their animation. This can pay off if the melee weapon swing rate is slower than a shove, plus added benefit of shoving Infected away if your melee swing didn't get them.

Defibrillator. Even Valve recognized how broken it was to revive a Survivor post death and added a penalty. Did nothing to fix the problem when distance make out nearly 1600 points and a single defib is -25 points. Not to mention how broken the defib is if you have more than one of the same Survivor. The game simply looks up by god damn model (instead of remember which player died where) and revive the Survivor of that character model, DESPITE OF WHETHER THAT SURVIVOR IS ALIVE OR DEAD. Yes, you can be revived from death even when alive because of the programmers didn't have time for a simple 'is player alive' check.

I could go on how much the game was hurt by 9 months of development time (early 2009 (source: commentary mode) to Oct. 2009). I hope the programmers were at least paid overtime for the rush Valve must have put them under.

End of blog post.

WHAT?

Its just one of the first games I saw and it looked liek a generic indie game so i used that

P U R E C O I N C I D E N C E

a shit in the shape of a smiley face is still shit

You should probably go back to cuckchan. Holla Forums = Holla Forums

Because there are bad games. Someone liking something doesn't mean it's good. It just means they have shit taste.

"If."

And maybe playing the game will literally make you mentally retarded. You can't say there isn't a chance unless you've played it right?

Make me faggot.

>>>/halfchan/

Fuck off with your shit game

>>>/ovens/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/reddit/

check em

thread theme

>>>/halfchan/

Telling people that do not discuss video games to leave the video game board is natural. Every board has its own separate topics of discussion, such as Holla Forums being where you discuss television and films. If you don't want to talk about video games and/or insist on derailing threads into non video game subjects on Holla Forums, the video game board, you do not belong here.

And if you get triggered by even slight Holla Forums banter you should fuck off to >>>/cuckchan/ or better yet >>>/reddit/ and then kill yourself you little nigger lover.

Not to mention OP already is inviting this thread to become Holla Forums with his libshit idea of art being subjective.

SJW, this isn't cuckchan. You should probably go back there.

Care to quote where I mentioned Holla Forums, or are you still projecting in order to shitpost further?

I was responding to a retard so I had to go slow and explain things that should be obvious.

That's so cute that you think that absolves you being a triggered little faggot who can't take some banter

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/neogaf/

Video games were a mistake.

Video games are bad.

But good video games are better than most things life has to offer.

Wanting non video game shit off of Holla Forums isn't selectively discriminating against Holla Forums, I'm in favor of treating all not video game trash equally unfairly and telling it to fuck off.

Yeah, that much is obvious

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/neogaf/

just because it does intertwine doesn't mean it should and it doesn't mean it should be tolerated. People came here from halfchan Holla Forums for a reason.

No. Fuck off. Some things are just shit.

You aren't fitting in and you should stop trying.

Sometimes the answer to that is "money"

Is that still a good game?

i guess not…

Just don't reply. He's trying way too hard and he's probably posting just to get a response.
I did it for the first time a few days ago, it was dangerously fun.

You sound like a tremendous new fag who doesn't know what he is talking about but is very interested in causing another Holla Forums derail. Fuck off.

Yeah, the people who came here two years ago because of games being infected with gross overt liberalism, a fact that Holla Forums helped to uncover, you fucking faggot.

If you're one of those cuckchan posters who stayed there after September 2014 and are only now coming here because you were a moron with Stockholm syndrome for moot, you can either assimilate or fuck off back there you nigger.

>>>/cuckchan/

Yeah, you really aren't fitting in. Go ahead and report me you fucking nigger. Nothing is going to happen.

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/neogaf/

I just don't get it. How do these people get off on coming in somewhere they clearly don't belong and just shitting all over other people's fun for the sake of it? Are they just bored or just bitter seeing others enjoy themselves?

I think they find it cathartic. Look at what happened to 4chan's /r9k/. They got slammed by so many normalfags they had to make a mass exodus. Some went to wizchan (which is way too hardcore for most of them), some came here, others just killed themselves.

You can't stop it. Once people start, they don't stop.

I swear, whenever I see posts like this it's almost always guaranteed to some newfag fresh off of plebbit or cuckchan. You definitely aren't helping to change perception of this anomaly.
>>>/out/

ok, op, I'll take you on seriously. What can you say makes limbo of the lost a not bad game?please, don't try too hard

That's a nice meme.

What's actually wrong with that formatting? Other than it being the shit they forced upon you in school that is.

It's a red flag that redditors are posting.

Yes there are. Just like there is bad art, bad music, bad poetry and bad stories. This is an objective fact and truth and you are a moron to say otherwise.

user, don't you dare respond to him

I'm surprised you didn't try to point out a spelling mistake or make some other superfluous nonargument

So no real argument I guess.

It's a strong positive indicator that they ARE the same, though.

anyone can enjoy any type of music. I've never heard of "bad music" ever.

This reads like that guy from Game Theory wrote it

But that's just a theory.

I do it just to piss you off.
You can't stop me either jackass.

you have never communicated with a human being in your life

Oh boy, I get to post it again!

Course I have

It has a nice beat if you're into fastcore

That isn't an argument that it's good

Coporophiliac's exist, does that mean shit tastes good?

Nigger music is not good music.

Plenty of people enjoy it though, so there is some way to perceive it, some mindset to have, in which it can be enjoyable to you.

Yes, niggers who are the bottom rung of society.

No, there is nothing worthwhile to having a savage ape mindset of a nigger to enjoy such shit music made by other unintelligible untalented niggers

user, I will come over to your house or any other form of residence and kill you. I will go full edge and make it slow, painful, make you wish you were never born and all that jazz.
And you can't say that's a bad thing because according to your logic, somebody somewhere might enjoy it. And in some country (probably some bumfuck armpit of Africa) it might be considered legal.
But I won't actually do that.
Because somebody somewhere might find that offensive and write a tumblr blog about the possibility of it occurring.

You stupid fuck. Get real.

hey op i like fart music does that make it good

Mass Effects 2 and 3
There is nothing good about them
Fights rarely happen and when they do they're dull, the music is dull as is the environments and don't get me going about the story, its such a bore

As videogames themselves become more politicised and less like a game it makes sense that a videogame board would discuss the politics behind a game as that has been more impressionable to people about the game than the actual game because of how bad devs are
Get out

rich kids and ivy leaguers listen to it unironically all the time

Korea does too, and they gain inspiration from it in their own music

Whether you admit it or not, making a viable rap song would have to take a large amount of wit, charisma, and social candor to fabricate

So why are you defending it?

This one? Yes I know its jap

No they don't. And if they do, they're just as retarded as niggers.

Source you fucking faggot. Korea may be the cucks of east asia, but even they have standards for their own shitty pop music.

You're right. I'll make one right now.

BITCH ASS NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE DON'T LIKE NIGGA NIGGA ASS ASS ASS ASS ASS ASS ASS ASS ASS MUH DICK NIGGA DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE DON LIKE BITCH ASS NIGGA MUH DICK

Someone put that over a beat.

also kys op

yo nigga sick lyrics dawg u keepin it reel mah man gimmie sum skin off dat chikin wing awww yee boi nowhol uphol up hol up hol up shiiiieeeeet dat shit's dope nigga

Embed related. They don't only make pop music buddy.

AW YO NIGGA SHIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEET MUH DICK GET OFF MY BLOCK NIGGA BITCH ASS HO MUHFUGGA MUH DICK NIGGA GIBS ME DAT WHITE BOI BIX NOOD

Even though it's rap, that's far better than any drill or other nigger music. The chink has some flow and doesn't give up on every verse like Chief Nigger when mumbling DON LIKE. Not to mention that doesn't even sound like drill or modern rap, so not only are you wrong, you're musically retarded.

Have more stuttering niggers to prove you wrong.

Sir, I implore you to reconsider your life decisions that have led you to this very moment. While I may not be the most eloquent or well spoken individual, grammatical errors notwithstanding, I am still a more proficient and resourceful sentence compiler than your sexually undesirable self. My harsh life experiences tell me you might be the exact kind of person who would prefer the company of a man rather than a woman in bed. I am unfortunately not very familiar with the events that unfold in your bedroom as I far too often overtaken by your biological mother's oral proficiencies, which you have, evidently, not inherited via genetic reproduction.
I bid you good day, and you ain't muh nigga.

NIGGA FUCK YO WHITE ASS NIGGA

*unzips dick*

I say!