Burn The Treehouse

Something tells me that new Paper Mario is going to be filled with MEMES.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/KIoa6#selection-3721.36-3721.147
twitter.com/HolstonGage/status/743205287549509632
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watergate_scandal
iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/papermario/0/5
google.com/search?q=watergate&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS594US594&oq=watergate&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.4024j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
archive.is/aSCTe
youtu.be/oD2YdfSCw5Y
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scandals_with_"-gate"_suffix
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's all 1 big joke at this point. No one cares anymore. It's all extremists laughing and pointing at each other while the rest of the world suffers at the hands of MEMES.

Mhm

Great. When exactly was Nintendo replaced by a cancerous bodysnatcher?

Somone reasoned that Watergate also had 5 guys for the break in, so it could be a reference to that.

I'm optimistically skeptical here.

As expected

Amazingly, somebody once told me that GamerGate wasn't the first thing to use -gate as a suffix for a scandal.

Post the other picture, OP. The one about the "Five Fun Guys."

I wont buy it but i will download the soundtrack.

DUDE GREEN MARIO COSPLAYER LMAO

Did you watch the stream? The yellow toad was running a scam minigame where the toads holding a key were shuffled

Mario and Huey exposed him

The gameplay is still similar to Sticker Star so the game will probably suck ass but the writing was actually pretty funny

Luigifags on suicide watch

Wouldn't the original be filled with nip memes anyway?

Don't bother Color splash is fucked on the Jap side too.

Should we seriously raid these people or something? Holy fuck

Huey called Luigi a green mario cosplayer

faggot base goblin needs to drown in a pool already

Why this?
It's already a dated reference & I'm sure there are far more shitty dated references in this game.
They really feel that compelled to shoehorn shit no one wants into video games?
Who are they pleasing with this other than themselves?
Do they just get off on having the influence to shit-up gaming with this?
Like a demoralization tactic intended for an out-group that they often claim is dead & gone anyways?
If in their minds, they have all the power & their opposition is dead, then why do this? Why?

This is the sick mentality of the jew. It's not enough to take everything, but they must also corrupt it without end. They get off on the lamentations & despair of those they have robbed. Their hunger for misery is insatiable.

You fucks realize that "Xgate" doesn't just refer to Gamergate, right?

You fucks realize that the term originated from Watergate and has been used dozens of times since then, even before video games were a mainstream thing?

Memes are cancer but you fucks are overreacting.

Even though this is treehouse I'm honestly skeptical so I'm not going to sperg on this. It could be both watergate, gamergate, or just a coincidence and people looking too deep into it.

Color Splash has a lot of issues and I don't want that to derail it.

nigga what

Are you sure its not fun of retards of who made a controversy out of stupid shit and just added the "-gate" suffix for the year and a half

Hell there was a thing called Memegate which was a giant youtube shit est between H3H3 and LeafyIs Here

He's doing the reddit thing where both sides are crazy & he's the only smart one.

This doesn't have anything to do with gamergate holy shit

Yeah, that totally makes sense.

user, what is the actual likelihood that these college-age, left-leaning, interns and entry level writers and localizers who live in Seattle, Washington, a left winged city, of all places are actually referencing Watergate and not something more recent and something that they'd know more about due to their connections and the fact some of their "friends" were probably affected by Gamergate?

You have to look at the context.

I don't see you offering proof it doesn't.

Well you're on an island. Enjoy your water gate

Yeah, that totally makes sense.

You fucking retard

see

I didn't say it's referencing Watergate you fucks, though I wouldn't put it past Nintendo. They've got some obscure references and jokes in their games.

What I said was the "Xgate" meme has been a meme since the 70's and has been done dozens of time for various different shit. Just because you take a word and add "-gate" to the end doesn't immediately mean you're referencing Gamergate. Moviegate over at Holla Forums wasn't a reference to Gamergate for example.

Get your eyes checked. It's blatant.

GENERIC
LINE
OF
TOADS
DAILY REMINDER THAT CAPTAIN TOAD TREASURE TRACKER A 100% NICHE FUCKING GAME HAS MORE DESIGNS AND THOUGHT PUT INTO ONE PACKAGE AND IWATA WAS CREDITED AND DIED ON HIS DEATHBED MUTTERING "NO MORE UNIQUE DESIGNS"

I'm sure the five guys is a coincidence too then right?

Again you're ignoring the context: How many other "Xgates" involve the term "five guys"?

Also you're ignoring the other elephant in the room: Why did they probably change the original Japanese dialogue and shoehorn any sort of reference to any sort of "gate"?

Well i made it a habbit to buy all the paper mario games, but i guess that ends now.

user, I'm sure that these lazy, retarded liberals trying to push their agendas and filling games with the freshest hippest memes are simply trying to reference a political scandal!

Treehouse gets just a cunthair less blatant with their ebin GG burns and fags here actually think they aren't referencing it. Maybe the average "gamer" is as dumb as they think we are.

pure coincidence ;^)

Nop this is a GG reference. Also
confirmed garbage

archive.is/KIoa6#selection-3721.36-3721.147

-gate is a well known suffix

Watch the stream and examine the context

I explained it here

Arid crag

And like I said: How many "Xgates" have the term "five guys" related to them?
I did. My point still stands, even if the whole thing is shown as a sham. I'm actually gonna argue they're trying to say gamergate is a sham.

You cucks really think the localization team put in an extra toad?

No, the original developers in Japan had 5 toad npcs

Yes and they made a gamergate reference since there were 5 Toads available to them. Nobody was even saying the localization team added another Toad.

I wouldn't be suprised if the average "gamer" doesn't know how GG started, and only knows the headlines it made later on, assuming they visit the "right" sites.

No shit then the localization team took that as an opertunity to make a gamergate reference.

You guys are gonna love this

Are you implying that gamergate contains any intellectual members at this point?

Yeah. I saw the presentation.

It's literally sticker star 2.

twitter.com/HolstonGage/status/743205287549509632

Fucking kill yourself, apologist.

Yeah, it was in the Sticker Star interview. They said that exactly.

I can't believe what is happening at nintendo right now. I mean I have not payed any attention since the Wii in terms of purchases, but I am still taken back by how they play gatekeeper with their content. They don't care that people think Paper Mario should be like the thousand year door, because they think Paper Mario should be sticker star. It's incredibly arrogant even for jap publishers

Well it looks like i'm going to have to learn japanese now. Anyone got any helpful links?

Why the fuck are they allowed to allow nintendo to shoot themselves in their foot. Do they think if they coddle nintendo it will magically give them sales and make sound decisions? This has been the worst e3 so far.

I mean for Zelda: BOTW, then that's understandable, but not for this trainwreck.

I'm worried about DQ7

Yeah in the e3 thread someone posted this tidbit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watergate_scandal

Ah I see, makes sense

He's right. Kudo of Intelligent Systems said this in the Iwata Asks for sticker Star.

iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/papermario/0/5

People love to blame Miyamoto (rightfully) but don't forget that the apparent japanese poll as well as the devs themselves contributed to it too.

No not for paper mario i'm just sick of shit translations.

Because Nintendo fans don't care for good games, they just want the identity. If they actually liked nintendo videogames they would not need to construct a name for it

They've shown like 6 games so far but all of them have been good except Color Splash

even with the references the game is going to suck ass because Nintendo can't make good Paper Mario games anymore.

You're trying way too hard, m8

This E3 sucked all around for everyone. Makes me wonder when they're ever gonna make good games again.

Hey nintendrone, cry yourself to sleep tonight?

>>>/out/

ye

google.com/search?q=watergate&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS594US594&oq=watergate&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.4024j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

It has nothing to do with other competitors, the bigwigs at nintendo think it's a good idea to emulate the very thing destroying the western videogame industry.

Underrated post

No way, no fucking way this exists. It reads too fucking much like it is making FUN of the indie clique and their defense force

Operation: Timber

when?

There were a few nice things. Recore and For Honor are shaping up nicely and we got to see a teaser for Kojima's… thing. Sadly that's about it, but it could have been worse.

M8 my point was you act like there's only one type of Nintendo fan and that somehow Nintendo fans eat up everything made by them. You don't see me playing Metroid garbage or touching amiibos.

I didn't think it was that funny.

Oh fuck its real

There is only one type of nintendrone is basically what I said, I never said anything about the people who play nintendo games. Maybe you are too easily triggered
Just go back to tumblr, that'll be more your speed anyway

Fucking chill

Treehouse localization and the game is still shit though

Remember how I said you were trying too hard? You're still doing that. Are you trying to fit in?

try reading the thread

You thought this thread was safe, BUT THEN CAME THE PICTURE FOR ANTS!

I don't even care for the localization script anymore, the fact that they're still using Sticker Star's combat system hurts more.

I have to ask, did anyone genuinely have fun with that system? Was there a single person at Nintendo who thought that system was so much fun to use, it should be the staple of all future games in the series?

Forgot Mount and Blade 2

Yeah it's no TYD but it's still a good game

It was definitely in the stream.

While we have no idea who's working on this localization, it's worth a note that Treehouse member Richard Amtower has badmouthed GG in the past, and has written for the Paper Mario series before. For the record though, he also did Thousand Year Door and most of the stuff he's worked on had a pretty high quality localization.

The only trying to look like he fits in is you. Listen you may like nintendo, cool. You may even love them, but nintendo fans willingness to deflect all criticism and constant defending of them is bad. I never intended to direct anything at you. Maybe you are just trying to hard to defend something that is not defensible

I guess they wanna distinguish it from the Mario and Luigi series (which is thankfully still decent)

But that guy's forgetting the fact that it's way more likely to be referencing watergate since it includes the word Exposed, which references watergate way more closely than gamergate.

Its probably double layered.

But to go in this direction? What was wrong with a solid foundation? Nobody complained about the first two games, it was only with Super that people disliked the change it went. But even that was better than what we have now.

Oh shit, I did. I guess I just kinda phased out everything in the PC show…

Well what really matters is whoever is the director of the localization of each of these games.

Never said I didn't like it.

Honestly, the shit they're doing to these games, especially Color Splash and Fates, soured my love for TTYD, knowing they could have made them solid scripts but didn't.

You said "even Super Paper Mario" like it was shoddy but not as shoddy as Sticker Star

For posterity.

Nope. Not even going to bother opening that image. I don't even fucking care what ebin memes they put in it or if there are even memes at all. Fuck Treehouse with nail bat.

Have you faggots realized that you talk more about SJWs than actually talk about videoganes.

There are far more SJWs saying stupid shit about vidya then there are vidya worth talking about coming out.

At this point I don't even goygate understands how it started

They didn't break in. They were welcomed with open legs.

For you faggots there were never any good videogames. You complain about everything.

I bet you didn't know there was a hotel with gate in it's name in it.

There's always going to be someone that doesn't like something. Get some ass ointment from your doctor and learn to deal with it.

oh muh god you said Holla Forums is one person

I bet you don't even have a premium account either, pleb.

why did they add this before fixing the site?

Nothing is safe

Ideally, having a few screenshots of the original Japanese script for the scene would help, at least as far as seeing just how much Treehouse themselves is fucking with it.

For a second i thought there would be loss, i was disappointed

What is this?

Oh, so that's what this grab button was all about, I was wondering.

one of the shrines in Zelda U, it's the Hylian on the slab

Nintendo just needs to fire the SJW idiots before the rest of their reputation gets run into the dirt with Treehouse.

Hit the checkbox in the corner, fag.

I still blame Miyamoto.

Do you chucklefucks honestly think a sjw is going to know the background of GamerGate enough to know the whole Five Guys Burgers and Fries deal, and then actually reference GamerGate as though we were right?

Fuck you people are dumb. The Toads were caught committing a crime. SJWs don't even accept the idea that the Five Guys slutfest WAS unethical. So of course it's not a GG reference because if it was, they'd be effectively saying Mario is analogous to a GGer, aka IN THE RIGHT.

Kill yourselves you stupid fucking morons holy shit

look up rich amtowers twitter.

Still doesn't work

p-pls no bully

Are you fucking retarded
THE CHECKBOX RIGHT NEXT TO THE FUCKING NAME. CLICK ALL OF THEM AND HIT GRAB.

It's not a GG reference you mouth breathing mongoloid.

I don't see why it wouldn't be. Especially considering theres no way that toad was bringing up watergate in the japanese version.

It's a Watergate reference.

You fucking idiot.

Ryulong was so obsessed over it that he got banned from both Wikipedia and RationalWiki.

o-ok now that i checked the boxes near your names and clicked grab nothing happens
y bully tho

It doesn't work unless you use the default theme.

You could also just press PrtnScn key.

Works for me with tomorrow

Or if you are using some pleb browser like palemoon

IT SAVES THE IMAGE AS A PNG TO YOUR COMPUTER YOU FAGGOT

You made the number one mistake of the internet, even worse than starting a land war in Asia, you took thing personally. For all you know that was just a mindless use of a colloquial expression of affection and mutual appurtenance used on chan since time immemorial.

Nope, I'm just fucking with you, you must be a colossal retard/drunk/too tired to fail to understand that the previous user was talking about the corner of the post.

Wait for it to bake, it takes a while, You also must make sure that you don't have a script blocker that blocks it.

SJWs know GamerGate as "that group of misogynist bullies harassing innocent womyn". Not as "that one time five guys got caught fucking an ugly psychopath for good reviews of her shit CYOA game".

If this is a GG reference then it is is based on the latter, which SJWs think isnt even wrong to do in the first place. If this is a GG reference then Treehouse is implying we were right all along. They're not. It's a Watergate reference.

Stop being reactionary retards or go to where you belong in Tumblr you jackasses

Huh. So it does. I was having trouble with it until I went to default. I stand corrected.

It's a gamergate reference.

They didn't break in, they were let in. But still, good post

I'm on firefox 64-bit windows

i tried with internet explorer 10 and it sort of worked, it changed to grabbing, slowly climbed to 8GBs of RAM use and crashed. might be a problem with firefox because i disabled all extensions and it also didn't work. It doesn't even change to [Grabbing…] it just doesn't do anything

I think you've got some serious issues on your end.

You're braindead

Uh huh.
You realize Alison Rapp got fired for putting her call girl shit out using her company Twitter account.

NEWFAGS CAN'T GRAB

no idea how i ended up quoting

test

Please don't screenshot my post, I don't want to see it end up on reddit.

Okay that's even worse

Damn, that's some serious shit. anti-goobers are literally writing history to make gg-ers look worse than they are

now it worked

if anything this proves exactly that as far as localising teams go
>REEEEEEEEE
indeed

have a lewd frog

They didn't learn a damn thing.

HEY GUYS

IT'S REFERING TO WATERGATE

Of course dubs are shit, but now they're openly injecting propaganda into it that the retarded masses that watch dubs will now see.

That shit is gonna be dated in like a year.

So it's either a Watergate reference that makes perfect sense, or a GamerGate reference that makes absolutely no sense and if it did it would imply we were right.

No. It's not. SJWs are deluded retards but this is just ludicrous. Occam's Razor suggests the explanation with the least assumptions made is sure to be the right one, and you are pulling at assumption straws.

see
and

It's been a year, hell a year and a half.

Someone make an edit to give her warning colour hair

I will never be convinced that dubbing places don't all pick up random hobos, gay bar patrons and prostitutes off the street, offer them a ham sandwich in exchange for reading lines off of cue cards however the fuck they want, then boot them as soon as they have just enough to work with so they can push the shit out and call it a day.

It's the only logical explanation I have for this uniform level of QUALITY.

No it's actually just sub-par talent and the fact ADR directors are usually just other voice actors and the fact dubbing budgets aren't big.

Also user please, there are good well done dubs out there.

None of their shit ever makes sense. Remember #CrusaderGate from Arkham Knight? FBI cryptologists are still to this day trying to find out what the fuck they were trying to say with that.

Dare I ask what you're talking about?

Do I dump?

pls no

Please cease.

archive.is/aSCTe

Would you eat her out, Holla Forums?

Would you push her onto the ground and opress your big fat cock between her skinny, twiggy thighs?

Would you slam your cock into her pussy so hard, you break her soul and have her call you daddy?

In Skyward Sword they had a fortune teller saying "Loading Takes A Long Time" backwards as the magic words, and that was in the original.

I can see the first two being in the Jap one, maybe the third was a Jap meme?

Ninty usually guard their major IPs (that aren't spin offs) very tightly.
Usually.
Sort-of.

Funimation got called out and they apologized for this. Not sure if the guy was fired.

Wait, what the fuck is this?
This is awful

I'd rather eat out a urinal puck

You guys do realize this could just as easily be a reference to Watergate right?

If the majority of anons were gibbering summerfags they might realize that

That Arkham Knight game that couldn't be bothered to fix a PC port.

color splash was doom the second they revealed same face toads last year.

nintendo is literally dead.
nx won't save them
if smash and bunch of other games didn't save them zelda won't either

No fucking way they said that

ok Kojima

Like poetry

He's spoofing the Mattrick talking about the Xbone.

Fair enough.

I'm also aware that there are real women out there who won't lie to you and cheat you remorselessly for their own gain. Doesn't change the fact that they're tiny gemstones in a sea of raw sewage, same goes for dubs.

It's clearly a watergate reference, but they know that you all would interpret it as a gamergate reference

You all were fucking trolled

Okay phew, for a second there I thought Treehouse had gone fuller retard

don't scare me like that

anons…please watch this video:
youtu.be/oD2YdfSCw5Y

Hm yeah, seems like it's a watergate reference.

The bigger concern: I doubt that was in the original Japanese though

Look, you wanna' tell me why that isn't part of the Japanese script? Like there was no reference apparently?

"Five Guys" was a fucking expose, Goobergrabbers is still a fucking boogeyman. Given the attitudes of the localization team and their track record so far, they are more likely to be talentless braindead hacks virtue signalling as hard as they can than referencing a point in real history.

Read their tweets, check out what has happened before (fuck man, someone brought up Rapp's sheet above,) and you might make the logical conclusion that "no, looks like they care much more about their 'haha GG lost totally guise' than they do about localizations that make sense. Pokeymans X and Y were indicators that we're dealing with a bunch loads of people on par with redditor humor.

They are haphazardly throwing dumb shit in localizations these days. If you think they'd have the sense to reference Watergate you'd think they wouldn't outright call it something that took the title from this little shitshow they care so much about, hell. No one calls Watergate anything about Five Guys.

This shit makes me feel like it's Summer. We have a string of fucking 20~ so posts trying to see who can call the other one more of a redditor and people defending subversive bullshit.

I really hate to get into the mud here but this, I think, is what Nintendo apologists are about. This game looks uninspired compared to prior titles, is likely to be crammed full of this bullshit, will not innovate the series at all, and people will still eat it up, even as it faces criticism, because it is made with the most popular of popular among vidya IP's. The end result? Nintendo will keep cranking out more crap like this.

Maybe nintendy got pissed that an actual whore slipped through their hiring practices with the help of the technocolor hairfags

The use of the term "Xgate" has been around for a long time. Gamergate themselves were just using this 40 year old meme when they picked their name. Chances are Treehouse knows exactly what its origin is as much as Gamergate does

see

quads

not even close

See that came off to be as a neutral joke. GG are the ones who use "based".

I mean, there are a lot of scandals that are called *blank*gate

It might not be a GG reference, just the toad saying that whatever he did is going to cause a scandal

the game still looks like ass tho

I never expected the game to be good anyway.

I'd like to have that much faith, but coming from Treehouse, I just can't. Not after gems like that Animal Crossing character hamfistedly making fun of people who don't like their localizations.

try reading the thread before replying

This is an obvious GG reference. The fact that people who do not post here are unanimously agreeing with that watergatefag just proves the anons in this thread are right

Newfriends, learn to lurk moar and stop taking bait

I'm not that upset because this time at least it wasn't a game I wanted to play

its just sticker star 2, its already fucked with or without treehouse memes

how fucking new are you?
its in reference to watergate, or "x"gate, where theres a scandal or controversy involved in politics.
fucking summer.

Can't believe that joke flew over the heads of you geniuses.

read
the
god
damn
thread
before
replying
you
fucking
newfag

calm your autism
nobody on this board is going to buy this shit anyways

Pretty much, yeah. They fucked Fire Emblem and it upset me because I love Fire Emblem. I didn't buy Fates and I'm not going to buy #FE. I even bought Shadow Dragon and played all the JP-only ones. I will never touch those two. This, I don't care about. It was destined to be trash. I'd be really upset if this was in a new 2D Metroid or an F-Zero or something.

i know, i'm calling op a newfag.

No, I won't calm my autism, I see this shit daily with retarded anons popping in a thread and making posts asking dumb questions or making dumb statements without lurking more in the thread to see if those questions had been answered or if those statements were already made and addressed.

No, you're the newfag.

ok

didnt japs program the 5 toads into the game, not whites?

Well, at least it's not the old tired "actually it's about ethics in…" line.

One thing to keep in mind here, is stuff like in Super Paper Mario, the part with the "I like complaining on online message boards" quiz was added in the english version. Then there was the joke in the Animal Crossing Happy Home game that bashed people that complain about localization. So stuff like this isn't unprecedented.

That said, I went and watched the video on youtube. The part is around the 20 minute mark if you want to see for yourself. Honestly, even if it is a reference to GG, I don't really see it as a shot at it. The context is that it's a shuffle game, one of them has a key and Mario has to pick the correct Toad. When he does pick the right one, it turns out he doesn't actually have it. You use one of your abilities and discover that they were cheating. The leader Toad then says the line in the picture and gives you the key in exchange for not ratting them out.

I don't really see why this would be a jab at GG. The name of the group isn't Shufflegate, nor are they talking about ethics. The Toad just says that the name of the scandal would be Shufflegate.

holy shit you fags can't lurk more can you?

inferior fetishes pls go

go back to cuckchan you faggot disgusting tranny lover

It's watergate, not the Carnation Revolution. Judging the odds, I doubt absolutely no one at Treehouse is smart enough to put in that reference.

>mfw my normalfag friends will buy this game anyway because is Paper Mario

That page was probably used to bitch about the game as a whole, not just Shufflegate.

Get new friends mate.

coincidentally this joke is on the side of "gamers" in gamergate.
Since the one afflicted by shufflegate is an underhanded conartist working with five guys.

Exactly, that proves it can't be an underhanded jab at gamergate even if it is referring to gamergate

Yeah, but they clearly rewrote the script to fit it, you fucking nerd.

I don't care if it's a jab or not. It's still fucking stupid and doesn't belong there.

I doubt it does, but what if the original references a famous Japanese scandal?

We don't know that just yet. For all we know right now, they have a similar name in Japan. Five Fun Guys is a play on Five Fungi, because they're mushrooms. Their Japanese name could very well be something like "Kinogo" which is a combination of Kinoko (mushroom) and Go (five). In that case, this would be a close comparison in terms of keeping the pun name.

says video is private

works for me

You're just setting yourself up for heartbreak user

I have a feeling that Nintendo knows better than to allow a blatant jab at GG, particularly after the shitstorm surrounding the Fates localization. It's entirely possible that it was intended to be a more subtle jab that just so happened to actually fit in with the story. I wouldn't put it behind Treehouse.

That said, the message boards joke seemed like more of a playful jab than anything, which is why it was so well-received. Same could be say for the Questgiver quest that was added in WoW: Cataclysm.

This is 10 minutes, so you better point to when it happens.

>you will never fuck the paper mario director, teach her that what she does is wrong and hug

Come the fuck on. Gate is a common suffix for any controversy; Watergate, Deflategate, etc. This is nothing special.

Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi are both game series that are dead in my eyes. Anything new that comes out is an awful attempt at reviving that. I really like Superstar Saga so seeing what's happening with the games now is saddening. Meme up the games, not like their gameplay is noteworthy with anything. Same with the writing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scandals_with_"-gate"_suffix

You're right, there are a LOT of controversies with the -gate suffix, the problem is, there's TOO MANY that use that suffix, as if Watergate is the only controversy that ever fucking happened in history and everything that came after just had to be named after the god damn Watergate hotel.

It's easily recognizable, I guess. Lends immediately to the issue at hand being controversial by nature of its name. I mean, I'm probably not going to buy Color Splash anyway because it looks like Sticker Star 2, but Holla Forums is having a knee-jerk response to this like they do with everything.

When /gamergatehq/ and KIA kept banning rightwingers for saying PR doesn't matter and we needed to boycott.

Instead of hitting them hard, leftist Gamergate wasted one year sucking up to youtubers and journos airplay. At least this taught the lot of us, that you can't fight the left alongside other leftists (the disgruntled, left behind type).

I don't even fucking care about paper mario or whatever, I don't buy Nintendo games. I just like to watch threads where people might say shit about Nintendo.

But it fucking has started to bring my piss to a boil when any time a new scandal or controversy or "happening" comes up, it immediately gets the gate label attached to it.

FUCK OFF WITH THE GATE BULLSHIT ALREADY. It's so god damned obnoxious.

It had to be called GamerGate it couldn't be called "IndustrialShakeup" or "GameCorruption" or some such, so because it has no real bearing on anything in relation to games other than the word game in the name, it was easy for the media to paint it as a "gamers harassing women" thing because the name doesn't convey ANYTHING about what it's actually about.

"CorruptionExposed" could have worked, because instead of them saying "WOW CORRUPTIONEXPOSED IS ACTUALLY A GAMER HARASSMENT CAMPAIGN-" no it doesn't work. You can't really shoehorn that narrative in there.

But everything has to have a stupid fucking gate name now, and I don't even know what any of these "new scandals" are because I'm getting fed up with looking up "gate."

The internet needs a fucking purging something fierce.

The original -gate where 5 men broke into a hotel maybe?

For the same reason they called her Literally Who, instead of Chelsea Van Valkenburg. To protect her from search engines.

Now you realize that the headline is the most powerful part of a newspaper article.

this thread is stupid and i wish summer Holla Forums would leave

doubles

checked
Unfortunately no one cares what you wish.

>250+ posts arguing about whether "shufflegate" and "five fun guys" five fungis is, in anyway, meant to reference gamergate

Adam Baldwin was the one that coined the term gamergate. It wasn't decided as some a part of some user brainstorming meeting. A famous person gave something a name, bloggers wrote in their journals about it and the rest of the internet ran with it.

This is what happens when you share memes.
This is why you don't share memes.
Rule number one.
You released imageboard culture to the wild and now the wild is killing it's former owner.

Nice memes, losers. Next time fix the leak.

It's useless.

I found that my stylish script works fine for it.

(checked)
No he didn't, he just described the time travel episode. Why is reddit so retarded?

Anyway, this game is gonna suck.

of course. if i were nintendo, i also wouldnt take this part of my customers seriously.

the few lines of the script ive read were kinda funny. dont jump the gun just yet. although they deserve all the flak they get, for fucking up the translations of most games in the past years.

I feel fucking dumb for not getting that on my first read through.

The grab function reeks of newfaggtory.

is stick of truth supposed to be the spiritual successor to paper mario?

Boycotts in the entertainment industry are a goon meme designed to corrode and weaken the industry to make it easier for goon influence.

Fucking hell this is why TV and Comics are shit now faggot.

I forgot how comfy this show is.

Yeah, if I just use-
span.spoiler {color:white;}
-in a Stylish script the spoiler text is all revealed even in grabs.
However, I believe this feature is intended for idiots who won't know how to do that.

I get they want to be neutral to not want to lose sales, but why bother mentioning it at all?

Well, it kind of does make sense if you think about it.
It just isn't neutral, like at all.

Can you explain then? Because it's point is lost on me.

Well you see the one who made the game and is working with five fun guys. Is a straight up scam artist.
Not a victim of a harasssment campaign
And mario calls the toad out on this.
If you want to imply that it is correlated with literally who, tree house just straight up called literally who a scam artist

Straight white numales can only rape, shitlords

sounds good to me

I can't find where she says that, can you point it out. I went through the questions that would seem to be relevant, but didn't find anything

Sorry but I am going to have to stop you there. Boycotts are how angry consumers stick it to asshole companies that will not change. EA, Activision/Blizzard are prime examples. They will not change no matter what happens, and they will continue their cancerous business practices even in the face of bankruptcy. Spending money on a companies product while buying said product does nothing at all. Hell gamergate only really started to pick up steam once they went after the advertisers and scared the living shit out of those fags. You want results you hit them where it hurts, their wallets.

Hey stupid.
Boycotts are how those companies ended up bad.

What, are you talking about the 90s? That's because people with shitty ideals were the ones doing the boycotting. Boycotting is how consumers shit on companies to get them working in the public interest.

Yah ok Schlomo Goldenstein

6:13

This without a doubt. Plus those GG shits cared more about their image and no offending anyone than actually getting shit done.

Do tell.

It's kind of amazing how unattractive pure hatred can make somebody look.

Your emotions definitely affect your appearance. Interestingly, seeing yourself in the mirror seems to reinforce the kind of person that you already are, so I think there's a cyclical thing there.

I'm visibly more NUCLEAR than I was two years ago. I have to remind myself to smile, which I didn't used to. Doing so definitely helps push the darkness back.

Ok I see it now, they didn't use those exact words, but the intent was the same. Nintendo doesn't appreciate it's customers anymore

There's a little truth to this, but the main goal of starting a boycott nowadays is just to get consumers irrationally angry. Then you screencap the worst of their reactions, post them on your tumblr or whatever news rag you work for, and get other people to buy because "itll make those gamerbros mad lmao!!"

Writing has always been good for paper mario games because the JAPANESE DEVS at Intelligent systems have great writers.

The problem is the direction they're going (whoever tells them to make the game that way is to fault not the people working)

also obviously the localization team is to blame for dumb meme shit

no wonder its shit now

gamergate hasn't been a thing for like a year now

it's like watching a baby learn to walk in reverse

excessively high quality post

Freudian slip, supposed to be ignoring

do you think the head honchos at nintendo have been possessed or replaced with body snatchers?

Jesus, this thread is fucking awful.
Watching people cuck themselves right out of their own hobby.

Ninty already cucked us out of good games when they decided to make another Sticker Star.

only RPG style Mario game I ever played was Mario RPG.
Never gave much of a shit for Paper Mario.